Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Blinded By Light [Private]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chapter 1: Denial and Depression
TIme: 0930 AM: 5 Days prior to Kinjutsu Removal

Rays of sunshine poked through the blinds of her room in the inn, causing Kaori to tighten her eyes shut for a moment before quickly sitting up and smacking her lips together. She slept like absolute crap, still feeling dizzy from having awakened outside of her sleep cycle. A pair of knuckles went up to her eyes to wipe the sleep out of them only for her to feel something half-dried holding her eyes shut. Confused at why she had this covering her eyes, making it difficult to open up, she stood up and groped through the blindness, placing her hands upon the wall to guide her towards the sink. Once she reached the sink, she groped around for the cold water and turned it on. She washed her face in the cool, refreshing water only for the sink's basin to turn a blood-red color. Clearing her throat, she dried off her face, leaving behind a red-stain upon the otherwise pristine white towel and opened her eyes.
She didn't see anything​

She was able to detect light, but she wasn't able to process any visual information. She shook her head and used the towel upon her face, rubbing her eyes feverishly. "No! No-no-no-no-no!" she said in panicked disbelief. After wiping her face dry, she washed it once more, opening her eyes a little to let some of the water into her eyes, she washed her face once more and dried it once more. "It was a fluke. There was just something in my eyes. Yeah, that's it," she said before tossing the towel upon the floor and placed her palms directly upon the sink, keeping her eyes closed while looking at the vanity. Her heart raced. "You aren't going blind, Kaori," she said to herself. "Those times your vision was going blurry had a logical explanation; yeah! I just needed glasses, that was all," she said as she opened her eyes once more.

All she saw was black.​

She paused for a brief moment before letting out an ear-piercing scream. The thought of a Blind Hyuuga made no sense in Kaori's mind. Her special eyes, the same eyes that let her see whatever she needed; whether it was at a far distance or even the chakra system of those around her. None of this was making any sense. In disbelief, she fell back, falling on her rear before curling up into a ball. She let out another terrified scream before she buried her face into her knees. She started to weep into her knees. The blood that had sealed her eyes shut started to wear off upon her knees with a mixture of blood and tears running down her legs. "This is impossible, this isn't right!" she said before she cried out for Yomi.

After she calmed down a little bit, she released her grip upon her legs and turned over and moved her blood and tear-stained hands across the carpet of the inn, trying to find her headset. "Yomi will know. Yomi can fix this. There's nothing Yomi can't fix. Her goddess will help me, right? I've been loyal to Yomi so she should be able to help me," she said in an exasperated manner. She knew that this might be beyond Yomi's abilities and fully expected Rei to help her through this. Her denial lead to her to start thinking irrationally. "Yeah, Yomi will help and make everything better," she said as her fingers touched the dresser that she placed what little clothes she brought with her. She pulled herself up and felt around the top of the dresser and accidentally knocked the headset off of the cabinet, causing her to fall down to her knees.

"Where? Where did it go?" she asked as she felt around for it, barely touching it with her right pinky finger. She grabbed it and placed it in her ear to turn it on. She clicked on the headset and adjusted it to Yomi's frequency; thankfully the headset spoke back to her to tell her what channel she was on. She clicked on the headset to speak into it. Her voice was jittery and she sucked in snot as she spoke into the headset. "Yomi... I-I-I need you in my room. Something happened and I need your help. Please hurry," she said as she fought back the urge to continue crying. After communication was over, she moved her hand away from the headset, curled back up into a ball and started to cry into her knees once more.

Blood started to seep out of the top of her head where her horns used to come from. This caused a warmth to cover her and to mat down her already darker-than-black hair, causing a pair of blood-red streams to run down her face; one on either side of her head.

WC: 804
MFT
OOC: While I do dislike private topics, this HAS to be private as it'll be used in my BL Application
[This specific post will be towards BL Swap]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chapter 2: Acceptance, Anger, and Bargaining
Kaori let out another scream of frustration after not hearing anything back from Yomi over the headset. She took the headset into her hand, the top portion of it was covered in blood, and threw it against a distant wall. Upon feeling the blood upon the headset, she placed a hand up to her head and smelled the viscous liquid, smelling a strong scent of iron coming from her fingertips. Nothing seemed to be going her way right now. She learned of Maru's death last night in the hotsprings, she went blind upon waking up, and Yomi wasn't answering her comms. She wasn't in a good spot right now with her senses and emotions flaring up in confusion.

She moved her hand out to feel for the bed, her hands shaking, as she reached out, finding nothing. "What do I do? What do I do? Help me, Mina," she called out by instinct to a person whose soul was consumed by her. She wasn't able to speak to her like she used to when Mina's soul was placed inside of the Gloves of Divine Dragon Flame, so she was essentially on-her-own now. She placed her bloodied left hand upon the top of the bed, using this as a guide for the rest of her body to follow. One-by-one, her limbs moved from the dresser to the bed until she was seated on top of it. She hugged her knees and placed her bloodied eyes upon her knees. She rocked back and forth, trying to think of ways to fix this problem.

It was bad enough that her body attacked her eyes, seeing them as a foreign element that needed to be destroyed, but the fact that she doesn't know that nor knows how to fix the problem kept her in an agonizing state of ignorance. She started to rattle off, saying that things could be worse. "Yeah, this isn't too bad. It could be worse," she said in a hysterical denial. She was at the point of accepting the truth of the fact that she'll never see again. She continued to rock and forth with her body temperature steadily rising, leading her to begin sweating. "Yeah, it could be worse! I could have lost all of my limbs or I could be breathing on a machine, or I could be paralyzed from the neck down," she said as she continued to rock back and forth.

"My brain will adapt ways to help me get around, haha! Yeah! That's it! My brain will adapt to this!" she said before the rocking came to a pause. The realization that the blindness would be forever started to finally sink in. Never again will she be able to see the sunrise or sunset. Never again will she be able to see the beauty of flowers. Never again will she be able to see the people's faces that she cared about. This took a moment to sink-in into Kaori's brain before she let out a loud scream. "Why? Why me!? Why can't I just live a happy life!??" she shouted out before scooting her way off of the bed and started to tear off the sheets on the bed, threw the pillows at random objects in the room and even tried to overturn the mattress to no avail. The mattress rotated slightly, but she didn't have the bearing nor the balance to overturn it.

Her moments of rage resided due to pure exhaustion, prompting her to sit upon the bed with her elbows upon her knees and palms over her eyes. "I just want to be happy! I wanted to come here with Yomi and be happy with her. Why do all these bad things have to happen?" she said in a pathetic voice before she started to cry into her palms. She was silent for a moment before her heart began to race. She felt her heart bumping against her rib-cages and she let out a big laugh. "I know! There's a Dragon Statue here! I could just become the demon's thrall and he can give me my eyes back! That's all I have to do! It's that easy!" she said as she let out another laugh.

The Dragon Statues were artifacts of old that housed demonic spirits; it was because of similar statues like these that Kaori was to be sacrificed by her family. She was used as a sacrifice to appease the demon within the Dragon Statue in Konoha when she was about 10 years old. After having exorcised and destroyed the statue in Konoha, she made it her mission to purge the world of these statues and saved those who were brainwashed into worshiping them. The fact that Kaori was willing to make a deal with the devil meant that her ability to see was more important to her than anything else right now. She clasped a shaky hand and shouted, "That's exactly what I'll do!" she said before throwing her hand into the air and paused for a moment.

There was a look of bewilderment upon her face. What little resolve she did have dissipated immediately, forcing her to drop her arm down to her side. It was, as if, she had seen something amazing. While seated on the bed, she uprighted her posture, placed her palms upon her knees and went 'Boop!' to send out a bit of sound. After a brief moment, she saw something in her head, almost like a second-long painting of her surroundings.
giphy.gif

The image was brief, but upon her making any kind of noise, it sent out a wave of sound and she saw everything that reflected back at her, if even for a brief moment. She did this quite a few times, each sound occurring more frequent than the last. The images started to change at a slow pace, but it was more than enough for Kaori to understand what she was seeing. What she was seeing was the layout of the room with some variations due to echoing. With this, she stood up and started to walk around while singing a song out-loud. During the song, the image continued to refresh at a more regular rate. All of her grief and sadness had vanished for a brief moment, enthralled with what she was singing.

"Is this what my voice can do?" she asked, continuously seeing the word around her in a primitive way. She couldn't see details, but she could more than see obstacles and even people. While she was getting around to not being able to see anything with her eyes, the fact that she could still sense the world around her through the use of sound was more than enough. An idea sprung into her head. "A bell. Do I have a bell?" she asked while making sounds with her mouth to help her 'see' where she was going. After coming to the realization that she didn't have one, she merely sat upon the bed, plopping down upon her back and looked up at the ceiling. Her eyes were still purple, a beautiful and brilliant purple color, but the light that was once in her eyes had faded into darkness.

WC: 1198
MFT
[This is the final part of the bloodline application]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[ooc: I think....my post still fits with this. As per usual, thank you for your patience <3]

Yomi wrestled with Michiko. Although not of blood relation, Yomi imagined that this is what kind of hell she put her own mother through. She was so rough, and although it certainly made for an interesting sight, Yomi was being the girls literal punching bag. The woman lightly punched Michiko in the chest as she came at her with tiny balled fists. Yomi wasn’t sure where her daughter was getting these violent tendencies from, but, it warmed her heart to know that when she got older, she would not be trifled with. It was a great relief given that she knew this world to be a dangerous place for little girls and women alike.

A swift headbutt caused Yomi to topple over.

“….ow…” Yomi grumbled as Michiko cackled manically. This was all just a joke to her meanwhile Yomi knew she’d look like a battered woman later in the day. Perhaps her husband would come home to find her laid out and distressed and think she was beaten up by some evildoers. Shaking that funny, yet alarming thought from her mind, she knew that that would require him to actually be at home with her. He was not able to do that yet, given his new-found duties.

Pushing Michiko to ground as she got up, Yomi knew that she’d have to stop letting all her kids terrorize her as the boys were not much better, only gentler. One day Yomi would not let them all win so easily, but, for now their cuteness was the only thing that stayed her hand.

As she kept pushing away Michiko who was relentlessly trying to beat her down, she began to feel a pang in her chest. The same feeling that Asuka felt when Yomi arrived in Lightning Country. The same yet it was different as it came through frantically and gave her heart palpitations. She had never been summoned by anyone besides that monster, and it was much in the same way, except she knew that only those that she allowed to could summon her (besides her new “co-workers”) and everyone was here, save for Kaori. Not even her husband could summon her in this way. Perhaps she should allow him too.

Although Kaori was calling on her headset, Yomi had yet to even set that up or even meet with the Raikage yet, so she was not readily available that way. Luckily for the Priestess, they had long ago decided that Kaori could in fact call out to her and Yomi would be there no matter how far away she was even if she was in the maw of the cosmos. It was a perk that Kaori had never used, and it concerned Yomi that it was happening now, when for all intents and purposes, Kaori should be safe.

Yomi got to her feet as quickly as she could. Asuka, noting the change in Yomi’s demeanor quickly went to fetch Michiko and decided it was bath time. Michiko ran from Asuka at the announcement, but, Asuka was ready for the retreat. The teamwork was so effortless.

“I’ll be back later Asuka.” The woman said calmly as she dissipated in to a million golden stars.

Shortly thereafter, the Goddess materialized before a distraught Kaori.

Yomi looked over her quietly, before announcing herself. Not yet aware that Kaori had become blind she had certainly been taken aback by the girl’s bloody eyes.

“I’m here.” Yomi went to the girl and wrapped her arms around her, probably scaring her in the process.

“What is it? What happened?” She comforted her as best she could and waited for Kaori to calm down and let her know what happened. For all the Goddess knew, she could have been attacked for her dojutsu.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaori didn't see anything, but heard a voice coming from a certain direction. She knew exactly, in which direction, the voice came from. She was sprawled out on her bed, staring up at the ceiling; whether she had exhausted herself from all of the crying and screaming she did earlier or the realization that 'not all was lost' making her think. She felt a body press up against her's as she continued to lie in the bed, not giving much of a reaction. Kaori held up a single hand, letting a small ball of light form in her palm before it raised up about 2 feet above her. It was just enough light to show her face with crystal clarity.

There was a barely visible ring around both of her eyes containing dried blood that was easily seen. Her eyes were still a beautiful purple color, but the certain twinkle in her eyes were absent. "I think I went blind, Yomi. My eyes are open, but I can't see anything," she said with a hint of exhaustion in her voice. Her eyes were still red and puffy from all of the crying that she did earlier. Her hair was an absolute mess and her room was completely trashed, to include the misplaced mattress that she was laying upon; with 1/3 of the mattress laying on the box-spring and the rest still barely remaining on the box-spring.

"It's funny, right? A blind Hyuuga. Who'd have thunk, right?" she said, still in complete denial of the fact that this happened. She wrapped her arms around Yomi, clawing at the back of her shirt as if she was trying to rip her shirt apart. "Why me, Yomi? I thought I could get over this, but why me? What did I do to piss off the gods?" she said before bursting into tears once more, burying her face into Yomi's shoulders. Her stoic attitude from Yomi taking so long to respond to now had been broken. She knew Yomi would come for her, even if it was a bit later than she'd expect.

After rubbing her eyes against Yomi's shirt, the rest of the dried-up blood had transferred to her clothes as well as being drenched in her tears. She sniffled a bit and pulled her head back away from Yomi. "M-m-maybe you can do something? Yeah! Maybe you can repair it! You can fix it right? I'm sure you can turn in a favor with Rei and have her give me my eyes back!" she said in a pleading manner. She was willing to do anything for her eyesight back; she was even willing to kill someone and pluck their eyes out so that she may be able to see again. She was desperate and she was still afraid. She didn't want to see with sonar for the rest of her life.
What about the beautiful sunsets?
What about flowers in the field?
What about seeing Yomi's children grow up?

Those were all just a thing of her memories and of her imagination from this day forward. She couldn't appreciate the beauty of a painting any more, she couldn't see koi in the ponds, she couldn't see the cherry blossoms falling.

Her insistence with Yomi started to crumble and her resolve shook, causing her to throw her head back and curse the gods, asking why it was her that needed to suffer or 'go through a trial'. She never asked for this so she wondered why they would put her through this. Kaori wrapped her arms tightly around Yomi before burying her face back into her shoulder to weep.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back