Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Blood and Salt [Tutor]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You all bore me." Ryuichi says plainly over a class full of students. With a black fishing pole over one shoulder with golden bands along its length, and an oversized hook that has been obviously weaponized, Ryu simply shakes their head. "The whole lot of you! This class is far too large, making your teachers put less focus on the ones with promise. Back when I was in the academy, half of you would be dead."

Ryuichi shrugs once, then simply turns to leave. "Class dismissed. Sit there until your next teacher gets here."

Now, to the students this was...a shock, to say the least. Considering Ryuichi had only walked in exactly 49 seconds before the whole scene before them. Ryu had gauged their chakra, muscle mass, possible bloodline-related traits, the whole deal...and nothing interesting. Not one thing. Only a couple of them had even the slightest spark of an elemental affinity! This academy was falling apart, that much was clear.

In the hallway, another ninja sees Ryu with a quizzical look. "Throw them all into the heartland. Continue training the ones that crawl their way out by nightfall. That's the best advice I can give." The teacher looks in shock before quickly walking into the classroom to salvage this disaster of a day.

"Perhaps a higher age group can at least show the results of a first year...if I'm lucky. Maybe even one or two individuals worthy is genin. Or Mednin in training..." Ryu laughs to themself once, walking towards one of the classrooms.

[A Short Time Later]

Leaning against a wall near a classroom door, Ryu watches as the most recent session has ended with several students walking out of their designated classroom. "No. No. No. Pathetic. No." Ryuichi says as they pour out of the room. Until one individual catches Ryu's crimson eyes...someone with more than an ounce of chakra in them? Interesting.....

Last edited:

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Bored... That was the only thought Yasashi had as he sat in yet another long lecture from one of the academy teachers. This time they rambled on and on about chakra control and the basics of elemental ninjutsu. The teacher had suggested that most of them wouldn't be able to use an element until they were genin. Sigh. He knew of a few student who could use elemental ninjutsu, but few that had mastered any notable techniques. He was adept in both water and blood style jutsu already. His chigokai training, along with his daily solo ninjutsu drills, had seen to that. When it came to ninjutsu, not many academy students could be his rival. He was already starting to sharpen his secondary weapons, while many were still finding their first. He wanted to learn the next steps; to glean experience from someone who'd faced death. He was sure he wouldn't be finding that here, at least not in another boring lecture like this one.
sittingyoung.jpg

The course ended not a moment too soon for Yasashi. He gather his notes, and looked down at his schedule. "More wall walking training huh..." He sighed. Student funneled out of the classroom filling the hall with bodies. Yasashi was never one for crowds. He took a quick breath, and focused his chakra in his feet. Instead of inching through the rapidly filling hallway he would simple take the much less crowed ceiling route. As he left the class, a few students would look his way, whispering and pointing upward. Whatever he thought. He didn't care much for the opinions of random students, but what did worry him was an adult with a fishing pole?, weapon?, both?, leaning against the wall. Their crimson eyes were looking right at him. "Shit!" He'd say under his breath. Is that a new academy teacher? Why are they looking at me like that? Damn I just wanted to get out of here a little faster. His mind quieted as he fell from the ceiling. He landed smoothly floor in a small pocket the students underneath him kindly made, as to avoid being stepped on. He averted his eyes from the stranger, but he had to walk past to get to his destination. Was it against the rules to walk on the ceiling? He pondered this as he slowly attempted to pass the figure. Yasashi would have to read the handbook once he got home to make sure.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oi. Show-off kid." Ryu says, despite not looking much older than the lad. Standing at a mightily tall 5'6", Ryuichi looks down to the Chigokai. "You aren't repulsively bad. Follow me."

Without any further instruction, Ryu turns on their heel and begins to walk in the direction of the school's exit. When a teacher tries to stop them, they simply look to them and mutter something under their breath. The teacher stops and backs down, nodding the Chigokai along in approval.

As Ryuichi walks, they looks the walls over. "This school used to be where the Main Branch Sennin made their office. When the leadership of this place was much more inclined to push their village to its greatest limits...." Ryuichi sighs, and shrugs. "Hardly as such anymore. All the new Sennin seem like pushovers since my return. Seriously- who loses to..."

As if hiding something, Ryuichi simply inhales. "I'll put this plainly. My name is Akaime Ocha. A Chuunin. I'm bored so I thought I'd offer you some personal training in chakra manipulation. If you do well, you'll earn something special."

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
His attempt at a casual exit were fruitless. Their voice rang in the boy's ear. Yasashi looked upward ready for some kind of scolding, but he was given a half compliment and an order instead. Yasashi was a little hesitant about following this suspicious individual, but another teacher he'd seen before didn't stop him from being abducted. That meant it was safe. Right?

He followed along still not quite sure if he was in trouble or not. He listened to their story. From the way they spoke, they seemed to have an issue with the academy's current teaching style and the current Sennin. He'd heard rumors that it was different in the past, but not from anyone with the authority to remove him from classes. It was good to know that it wasn't simply training ground rumor. He wondered why his kidnapper had cut off their thought, but he wasn't going to push on that subject. Yet.

The introduction was short and too the point. Yasashi appreciated that, and he appreciated the offer even more. "I like things put plainly!" He smiled gently. "Chigokai Yasashi, call me what ever you like. Nice to meet you. Is Akaime-sensei alright?" He said in a rather rehearsed manner, but the small smile accompanying it was genuine. He stuck out his hand expecting a shake.

"Chakra manipulation huh? Should be more interesting than my other class..." He looked at the ground for a brief moment thinking back to the interesting guest lecturers of the past. Chunin came in often to share their experience; their lesson always proved to be interesting at the very least.

"Let's give it a try. I'd be happy to get direct a lesson from an active shinobi of the cloud. That's reward enough." Yasashi hide his excitement, but he got the feeling that Akaime-sensei was hiding something else. Yasashi looked into their eye, trying to discern if the figure before him had any ulterior motives. Their crimson eyes betrayed nothing the academy student could sleuth out so Yasashi was satisfied yet cautious.

"I wasn't trying to show off by the way... Just thought I'd be faster if I took the road less traveled." He smirked for a moment but the dull look on his face returned quickly. "Besides what I was doing shouldn't have been considered impressive anyway. You seem to agree." Maybe Yasashi had come off a bit harsh, but he was simply stating the facts. It really shouldn't be a show to see someone using chakra in such a manner. That application was a basic skill for a shinobi in Yasashi's mind.

Yasashi started to stretch a little as they continued to walk, he started towards the training grounds. "So Sensei, what would you like to do first?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sensei is acceptable only if you want others to give you weird looks. I don't exactly look like the type who's wise and teacher-worthy." Ryu states, closing their eyes. They were to go off on a mission soon so they couldn't take too long with this. Thinking of the possibilities, Ryuichi decides to test the waters.

"While we walk, I want you to explain to me a few things. First, What exactly is Chakra. Second, what are elemental affinities. Third, why are some people born with advanced affinities? I'm talking about those with a POTENT connection with their affinity. The Yukis with their ice, the Sunaku and their sand..."

Opening their eyes, Ryu continues on to the training grounds, not responding to the young man's answers should they give any.

[At the training grounds]

"Alright. I need you to do one thing now...."

Ryu turns to the Chigokai, their crimson eyes shimmering with chakra as black tomoe swirl around their pitch black pupils. Once the eyes' tranformations were complete, they continued to morph...The four tomoe warping outward and fusing together until they became akin to a shuriken with red dots within it.

"Stand still."

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
"Sensei it is then. Never really cared what how people thought of me. Only matters how strong I am, and what I think of myself." He stated plainly. "If you take time to teach students to the best of your ability, you're teacher worthy to me. Don't sell yourself short Sensei." He faced forward as they marched towards the grounds. Yasashi paused for a moment as he heard the question. He wasn't expecting them. Sensei seemed more of a hands on sort of teacher. Of course, he knew the answers to these. He wasn't the top student in the theoretical area, but he was only a few spots down the roster.

"Chakra is the life energy present in all living things. It is created by mixing physical and spiritual energy into one. It's manipulation is the fundamental building block of jutsu." He rattled the answer off, paraphrasing from his chakra 101 text. He continued "Elemental affinities are an individual being's chakra's tendency towards a specific base element. Everyone has an element that is naturally easier for them to learn. That element is their elemental affinity. Mine is water. Though supposedly with enough work you can manipulate other elements with similar finesse." Yasashi's hands clapped together and a fine mist of water spewed from his mouth. He walked through the gentle mist and shook his hair dry.

"The final question is more tricky Sensei. Those of certain bloodlines are seemingly gifted with the ability to control elements beyond the typical water, fire, earth, lightning, and wind with the same natural ease. Not only that, they can seemingly do so with very little training. The predominant theory is that this gift is genetic, but not all people from the family inherit those abilites. As to the why exactly, I'm not sure I know the answer to that. Such level of research is currently above my head." He paused. "The Chigokai are cursed with more than just the ability to use blood jutsu easier though. We have a deep connection with blood. I can hear it running through your veins, where it's fast, where it's slow. I can hear people's blood even when they're hidden from sight. I assume the other clans can do more with their elements besides just use jutsu as well."

He waited for Sensei to respond, but he didn't expect much. Many people where creeped out by the Chigokai and thought they were vampires, or cursed, or some kind of monsters. The children of the academy usually stayed away from him. Maybe it was his personality, but he often thought it was due to his last name. What did his new Sensei think? Well they didn't make an excuse to leave when he introduced himself so that was a good sign.

[At the training grounds]

Sensei was seemingly satisfied, and had a task for him. Yasashi watched closely as his's Sensei's crimson eyes gained black markings. "A Sharingan!" Yasashi said aloud. The Sharingan wasn't extremely rare, as the cloud had mixed with the Uchiha for a while now, but they still weren't common place. He'd read about them but never seen one. He knew the basic abilities of a normal Sharingan, but this looked different than what he'd seen illustrated. The shape in the iris was far more combined. "Alright" He responded following his sensei's instructions. His body stiffened attempting to stay perfectly still. He had no idea what was going to happen.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Your trust is misplaced. I'm a stranger who could have just abducted you. Interesting." Is all Yasashi would hear as the entire world began to swirl and fade away around them. As if existence itself was nothing but water going down a drain leaving nothing but a black abyss. Then, the feeling of rapid acceleration would fill their gut- the kind that causes adrenaline to pump and survival instincts to kick in....but in an eternity of nothing, the feeling of movement can quickly cause sickness and panic.
1610671444985.png

Then, in an instant, reality began to wash over the student again. A field of grey cubes, and a sky of black nothing. Stagnant, scentless air and void of sound. All returning in the same swirling motion that the previous reality had left him with.
Then, a few short moments later, Ryu also appears in this strange place casually, as if having seen it a thousand times before. "Welcome to the Hollow. An eternal void, where we can train proper and my motivations can be made clear."

Ryuichi extends a single hand. "My name is not Akaime Ocha. I'm not here for the common crowd...I'm scouting possible ANBU operatives. Passing this class will give you a one-way pass to join should you wish."

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Yasashi briefly panicked at the swirling sensation. Spinning then a sudden rush like a roller-coaster drop in one swift instant. Yasashi held it together somehow avoiding losing his lunch. Barely. Sensei's first sentence lingered as he took in his surroundings. "I suppose I simply trust cloud shinobi until they give me a reason not to." The boy said rubbing the back of his head. "Maybe I should be a little more careful..." He looked to the side, getting a grasp of the terrain or lack there of. A void was a good description of the Hollow. He felt no air, smelt no odor, and heard nothing but the flowing of blood. The hollow was perfectly still. This would make a wonderful training grounds.

"I have questions, but let's save them until after." He smiled lightly and took the strangers hand. "Let's see if I'm Anbu material then." He was not one to back down from a challenge despite his more reserved nature. He did have a little pride in himself, especial when it came to chakra manipulation. He was also feeling rather done with classes. If he did have an opportunity to leave them behind and gain more opportunity, he would take it.
pullingglovesonsolo.jpg

"What are the requirements to pass?" He asked pulling on his black gloves. His smile vanished and his eyes turned fierce. He was different now. His laidback mild manner carefree attitude had burned away from the intensity of his gaze. He was ready.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You should be. Just because someone says they're a cloud ninja doesn't mean they are one. Perhaps I should leave you here for the night to teach this lesson...." Ryuichi hums and taps their foot thrice before shaking their head. "No, much too troublesome for me. Instead let me get this started. The class will be rather simple..."

Ryuichi produces a single 100 yen coin from their coat pocket, flipping it into the air with their thumb before grabbing it in the air once it fell back down in front of them. "This coin is your target. You say you can hear blood, Chigokai...I'm familiar with the sort. Which is why I'm going to teach you something so very valuable- The ability to set aside your elemental connection as a crutch if you need to. And how shall I do that?"

With the tapping of their foot and control over the earth, one of the grey platforms nearby rises up to tower over them. Ryuichi casually begins walking toward it before vanishing in a swirling pattern...and materializing at the top of the large slab of stone. They look down at the chigokai, and go through a long series of hand seals. "Supreme Aqua Realm..." They say as water begins to form in a massive bulb at the top of the spire, obscuring Ryuichi from view.

Not much later, small beads of what appears to be earth fill the giant sphere of water....Minerals, perhaps?

Then, it all came crashing down. The sphere had broken and began to fall in a rushing wave of sound, and....yeah, minerals. For a fledgling chigokai, their instincts may lead them to believe that this was a sea of blood. Rushing, and VERY loud blood. But it was simply water.

When it landed on the cubed earth below, the crashing sound could make a NORMAL person flinch. But for a Chigokai....?

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
"Phew" Yasashi was relieved that he wouldn't have to spend the night in the void. While it certainly was a great training ground, it did not seem particularly comfortable. The idle threat alone was enough to get the message across. He would certainly be more carful in the future, but he could help his favoritism towards the village's shinobi.

A crutch... He had never thought of his abilities as such. They were an additional weapon to aim at his enemy. His favored weapon perhaps, but certainly not the only weapon he possessed. He'd considered what would happen if he went up against earth adept shinobi of similar skill. He knew he needed another weapon, genjutsu had been his answer for now. He tried his hand at lightning, fire, wind, and even non-elemental chakra shape based techniques. He was developing into a more well rounded shinobi.

He hadn't considered that sensei meant his chigokai abilities. He was easily able to distinguish blood from water. He smiled as the blub formed. But suddenly specks appeared in the sphere. Yasashi's smile disappeared. The minerals made it much more difficult to ignore and sensei's goal became clear.

A torrent of blood rained from the sky. This was essentially a flashbang to the young chigokai, but one he saw coming. The answer was obvious thanks to sensei's words. He would have to discard his clans gift to avoid being disoriented. Fortunately, He had learned how to control this sense through meditation and reading the scrolls available to all chigokai. Learning to control these abilities, was the reason his family traveled here after all. In his first year at the academy he may have struggled with his ninja studies, but he had devoted himself fully to mastering his own cursed blood abilities. He had owed it to them to at least be able to do this much. If he didn't master his own skills, how could he face to his parents once he met them in the after life? This time he had to do it quickly. There was no time to think. His practice had paid off this time

His practice had paid off. His chakra remembered the sequence quite well. The energy ceased diverted from his ears, and what would have been a piercing crash was instead a normal and manageable dull roar. Yasashi didn't let his focus waver. He'd knew he just saw his sensei rift walk away from him. He knew there was little to no chance that he'd take the coin by force, but he could certainly try a little trickery. How else was he suppose to nab the coin he assumed was still in the operative's hand?

Yasashi leapt towards the elevated pillar with chakra coated around his feet. His weaved a few signs and three clones appeared beside him. They ran up the pillar in a spiraling formation attempting to confuse their target and strike from all directions. Once they got close enough they would disperse into a mist of blood, giving Yasashi a moment of surprise to grab the coin. Or at least that was plan A. Plan B was to use the body replacement jutsu with a target he'd left on the first pillar, if he saw an attack aimed at him, and regroup. Would his quick adaptation and attack be enough to win him a ticket to anbu training? Or was it simply too early for him still? Yasashi gritted his teeth and attacked.

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Interesting." Ryuichi says as they look down from the pillar, having seen the young man's chakra shifting to prevent them from becoming disabled.

They tap their foot a few times as the young man rushes up the tower, noting how they had the control to run up walls rather than simply walk...definitely something to note, but that should be the norm for students in his age group....SHOULD be. Afterwards, a pair of clones- Ryuichi instantly being able to see through them and pick out the real one at a glance due to their Sharingan Eyes.

With a one-handed seal, Ryuichi fills the clones with a potent chakra field, acting like a greatly increased gravitational pull towards the earth. "Newton's Apple. A fun one for being high up." They say, watching the clones fall like rocks....should the Chigokai attempt a trick to save their blood clones, or react to the gravity jutsu, Ryu would simply use an Adaptive Counter to cease such actions. As for the real boy, Ryuichi simply warps a few feet away, cracking their neck casually to the youth.

Ryuichi holds up one hand as it begins to sparkle with electricity. Their fishing pole still on their shoulder, having not being moved since....wait...

The coin. It was on the lure of the fishing pole, hanging freely. It was out in the open to give the Chigokai a fighting chance!

"Come, Child of Blood. Move to attack as if you wished to end my life. There's no other way to complete this task otherwise!"

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
The Chigokai wasn't sure that his clones would work, but he didn't think they would simply plummet into the darkness below. Sensei's comment about the apple would have earned a snicker if he wasn't so focused. The boy pressed on letting the clones dissipate. His hand reached towards the palm he last saw the coin in, but they simply warped away.

"Tch" He clicked his tongue. "You're right I guess I'll hold nothing back!" The boys leapt back drew a kunai and slashed his own arm with no hesitation. "That should be enough..." He muttered, putting the kunai away. He then attempted to hide along the sides of the pillars by jump off into the abyss and moving between them and the greatest speed he could muster. He would have to attack with his teacher being unaware of his location if he wanted anything to land. He weaved signs as he moved adding a water clone to the mix. The clone would attempt to fire a Water Gun from stealth aimed at sensei and the string the coin was attached to simultaneously. The real Yasashi would attack simultaneously waiting only a moment for Sensei's reaction before launching his Jutsu.

His eyes would begin to ooze blood which was ripe with chakra. The chakra seemed to swirl around his hands like he was drawing energy from it. He waited for the clone to attack and then he joined in attacking from the other side. "Water Style: Crimson jet" He said under his breath. A massive yet focused jet of water dyed red with his own blood shot forth with amazing precision and speed. The jutsu was almost unrecognizable from the normal version. The color was one thing, but the attack it's self was pushed beyond it's limits. The speed, size, and strength would catch most ninja unprepared. This was something beyond the level of any student. This was probably his strongest attack at the moment. If this couldn't at least create an opening he knew there was little chance of victory.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi watches the young ninja vanish over the side of the pillar as they prepare their next course of action. This form of attempting to overwhelm a target repetitively with such flashy displays of power while creating a plan was....very familiar to Ryu. Hell, it's exactly how Ryuichi had gotten into ANBU themself.

But now wasn't the time for memories. Another clone makes itself known, easily distinguished and destroyed with a casual stream of electricity, almost in the form of a beam. It pierces through the small spurt of water, as well as the clone itself no doubt causing it to disrupt instantly.

Then, the incoming 'crimson jet'. . . . A fancy name for an already existing jutsu with added flair? Dear Raiden, it was like a mirror.

Ryuichi simply sighs, and snaps their fingers...

Chakra surges and forms around them. The sound of creaking bones and scraping metalic chakra resonate in an instant as an exoskeleton of chakra forms around Ryu. A fully suited Tengu of sorts, easily 30 feet tall and without its lower half. An incomplete state.

It swats away the water, but not without SOME damage, considering it causes its index and middle finger to crack.

"I've seen enough.Ryu says, shaking their head. "This was an impossible test from the start. I'm sure even a student can see as much."

The shimmering white protector around Ryuichi begins to fade, with the ANBU casually walking towards Yasashi.

"Some missions will be like that, you know. Impossible. You'll be bleeding out on the floor, thirsty and tired, and still be expected to kill people who have long since changed their ways. Just to send a message. And in return, nobody will know your name. The only gratification you'll get is the fact that you helped your village in ways the main branch couldn't even dream."

With the tap of their foot, the pillar they stood on began to lower back towards the others. Ryuichi continued, "If that's a life you're willing to lead, I'll not only mention your name, but personally induct you myself. Otherwise? Well...I'd have to put you through a series of genjutsu so you don't remember my face. Then we part ways, and you get extra credit."

With that, they're finally back at ground level and Ryu turns towards the shimmering warp in reality that was left behind from their entry. "You don't need to give me an answer now. But remember. Spilled secrets lead to spilled blood."

[Topic left unless stopped]
[Posts: 7/5]
[Total WC: 1883]

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
The distraction seemed to work a little from Yasashi's perspective, but he could shake the feeling the sensei wasn't done yet. When the giant tengu appeared and blocked his assault, he knew it was over. He would have felt completely defeated, but he noticed a small crack in the blocker's finger giving him a little hope for the future.

Sensei said what he already knew. This test was impossible. Even so, Yasashi didn't want to back down from it. It helped that sensei called it off. He was about to speak, but sensei made a bold statement that helped him realize the true purpose of this test. The line "helped your village in ways the main branch couldn't even dream" stuck with him. Maybe doing the work that few could do, and even fewer wanted to, was the best way to pay the village back for all it had done for him. It would certainly please the clan for him to graduate early and join the anbu so quickly. They would likely fully support him if he did so. It would be for their own ends of course, but their support would be useful. These thoughts swirled in Yasashi's head. As he considered carefully sensei's offer.

"I'll not keep you waiting long, and don't worry your secret is safe with me. I'd never endanger the village." He said as he walked towards the warp deep in thought. When he escaped the hollow, he was alone. Not much time had seemed to pass, and regardless of what he chose he still had the wall walking course to go to.

He groaned as he made his way to the section of the training ground with the vertical wall they would be using for practice. He arrived just in time to witness another student fall over after two steps on the vertical wall. Maybe this decision wouldn't be that hard after all. He thought joining the queue.

[Topic left]
[Post:7/5]
[WC: 2926]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back