Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Broken but not broken. [Akari]

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The hour was late, and work was beginning to slow down in the hospital. Suzume was taking another of her double shifts, continuing her trend of spending far too much time at the hospital than she had any right to. It didn't bother her all that much, in fact she felt rejuvenated to be here, though even after all of these months she still could not explain why. Perhaps it was her calling? Suzume let off a small scoffing chuckle, immediately tossing that notion aside. This was just a stepping stone to her eventual ascension to Storm Lord. Whenever that time came, not that she was especially looking forward to it, she would not have any time to be spending here.

Half-lost in her thoughts, Suzume quietly opened to door to another of the patient rooms, keeping her eyes glued to the patient roster in her hands as she made her way inside. "Still unresponsive, though not exactly surprising." Garbed in the traditional outfit of the hospital's medical shinobi, she made her way around to the foot of the bed where the full patient charts resided. She picked them up and gave them a cursory glance to see if anything had changed. "Broken radius and ulna on the right side. Fractured femur," the shinobi took a glance up at the chart to see the girl's arm and leg covered in a thick cast, her head wrapped in a thick layer of clean white bandages.

"What happened to you anyway? Boulder fall on you?" The question was to herself, as the chart indicated the girl had been in the hospital's care for over a day now and had drifted in and out of consciousness, though the few short bouts were delirious and it was unlikely she would even recall them. Suzume stepped over to the machine tracking her vitals, tapping the aged device absently before jotting something down onto the page. "Vitals are stable, that is good. So, I guess we play the waiting game for now. Though, with a cracked skull I don't imagine you'd want to be waking up anytime soon." The patient was under mild sedation at Suzume's recommendation. She was unconscious yes, but she the medinin figured she would rather wake up in a daze than with a splitting headache.

Shinomiya Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Wouldn't I be dead in that case?"

Shinomiya's eyes opened rather suddenly, though her expression remained soft and neutral rather than alert or panicked. With her pale, expressionless face and glassy, motionless eyes, it was a lot like being stared at by a doll, or a ghost. After a few seconds, she tried to sit up, only to wince and let out a quiet gasp, settling back down and giving up instead. The young girl was panting, slowly but heavily; while the sedatives were perfectly effective, her body still ached, and being restrained made her instincts panic at first. Despite that, her conscious mind was calm, and her subconscious gradually settled down.

"I think there'd be more damage to my torso, too." Although the Genin was visibly in pain, she spoke with a completely unconcerned tone, as if this had happened to somebody else. She was feeling moderately woozy, and there were definite gaps in her memory, but none of that was especially worrisome; Shinomiya reasoned that those things weren't important at the moment, and right now she should focus on the present. There was a noticeable pause on her end, giving Suzume the chance to get her bearings and to offer more quips or comments, before Shinomiya resumed speaking with her indifferent voice.

"...How am I?"

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The charts in Suzume's hands nearly leapt from them as the patient's eye suddenly opened as she spoke. Fumbling for a second, Suzume clutched them to her chest for a second as he eyes narrowed back to a less panicked state. She brought a hand up to her own chest and let out a quick sigh of relief, "you gave me quite a fright there. Have you been conscious for long?" Then, as Shinomiya tried to raise herself, Suzume reached a warding hand to keep the girl down in her bed. "Now now, stay in bed for now. If you get up and cause anymore damage you will just be stuck here longer." It was meant mostly as a joke as the medinin offered her a smile, but there certainly was truth to it.

In response to her comment, Suzume looked down at the chart and scanned over it once again. "There were some hairline fractures, but nothing serious. I wouldn't sit up too quickly," she paused for a second before correcting, "or much at all for the next day or two, but most of the damage was in your leg, arm and head." She paused for a moment before hastily adding, "don't worry though, you should be back up and running again in no time." The Oushi-Ouja marked a few things on the board and set it and the pen in a slot at the foot of the patient's bed.

"How is the pain right now? You are on some mild sedatives, so your head will be a little drifty, but it is better than the alternative." Suzume came around to the other side of the med, taking a moment to examine the cast on her leg and then the arm. Standing back up straight, she brushed some stray strands of her dark hair from her face, looking down to the girl with pleasant curiosity.

Shinomiya Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young girl kept staring, unflinching even as she inadvertently startled Suzume, at least until she managed to hurt herself. She offered a slow, cautious nod in response to the prospective med-nin's advice, and turned her gaze away with a hint of embarrassment and awkwardness. She carefully made sure she was secure and comfortable before responding to the original question, and when Shinomiya spoke it was with slow words, and a breathy, slightly-laboured voice. "By my count... less than a minute. ...You were in the room when I woke up. ...So I don't know how long you've been here." There was a noticeable pause on the Genin's end as she caught her breath, looking up at the ceiling for a brief moment. "...It feels strange, waking up, after... ...ah. I don't know how long it's been..."

As Suzume began her damage report, Shinomiya listened carefully, straining her addled mind to ensure she thoroughly processed and analysed the information being given to her. Once the other girl was finished, Shinomiya closed her eyes for a few seconds, breathing deeply. "...That's good. Thank you. ...It's important that I get used to being hurt, so this is fine. ...And, the pain is fine. ...It feels hard to think. And like my thoughts are slow. But that's fine too. ...Although, on the other hand. I should probably get used to feeling pain, as well." She thought for a few more moments, letting out a quiet, contemplative noise. "So... were you here to check on me? Or something else? ...What time is it, anyway...?"

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suzume nodded along as the girl spoke, but then proceeded to give her a dismissive gesture with her free hand. "It has not been weeks or months, if that is what you are worrying about. You were admitted yesterday, barely enough time to get a nice long and refreshing nap, though I would not expect you to leave for a few more days." Suzume made her way back to the foot of the bed, took the chart back for a momentary glance before setting it away once more. "Should not be more than that, don't worry." She gave the girl a reassuring smile before she began to work on checking up on the IV drip and other bits of medical equipment.

"I don't think anyone should get used to feeling pain. Not a very optimistic mindset is it?" It felt rather hypocritical for her, of all people, to be saying such things but she was practically running on autopilot at the moment. "After all, it is the goal of every shinobi to complete their jobs without ever being seen, much less being hurt." While technically true, there were more of their fair share of shinobi who preferred explosions and grand standing than they did stealth and subterfuge. "Oh, my name is Oushi-Ouja Suzume by the way, I would say it is a pleasure to meet you, but I doubt you would agree with these circumstances."

The medi-nin held out her hand so that she could shake with her unrestrained hand. "As for why I am here, to check up on you of course. As with any head trauma we like to make sure that everything is still working well in there, which means observation and interaction. Some others would ask you boring questions, but I have never been a fan, and it'd likely put you right back to sleep anyway." Suzume gave her a wider smile full of amusement, "so, how about you tell me a little about yourself. It says here you graduated from the academy, so you must have some interesting stories to tell."

Shinomiya Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah." Shinomiya thought to herself for a moment. That idea hadn't occurred to her, but it was probably for the best that that question had been answered before she'd thought of it, at least by some small margin. "That's good." She watched on in silence as the other shinobi went about doing her job, and offered a slightly-warm, slightly-stiff, slightly-delirious smile in response. As Suzume began speaking again, Shinomiya slowly and cautiously moved her arms up, lightly rubbing her upper body. Given the time of day, and her current attire, it was a little chilly.

Of course, the young Genin's thoughts were turning very slowly. So, she kept lying in place with her half-asleep smile, doing her best to listen to what Suzume was saying without initially responding, letting the other girl finish saying everything first. Though honestly, the sound and rhythm of her voice was soothing, so it was a little difficult to stay awake. She did shake Suzume's hand when prompted, or at least managed to hold out her own. Beyond that, though, she had to mentally rummage around her memory to figure out what she was meant to address. "...It's nice to meet you too. And... that all makes sense. I think." Shinomiya nodded, reassuring herself that it did as she figured out her words. "...But, it's good to be able to deal with things, isn't it? Weakness is... ...bad."

"Anyway... hm. Is it bad that I don't? ...Or is it good?" The now-helpless girl chuckled weakly. "It's not that I've forgotten. But, none of it was significant to me. It was just study, and training. I didn't really make any friends, and there wasn't anything important that happened. ...But I really did enjoy it." She took a deep breath, focusing on her chakra and trying to regain her focus. "What about you, though? If you're employed here, you would have graduated from the academy too, right?" A simple technique, applicable to conversation just as it was to combat; when unable to defend properly, try to reverse things. Granted, while a stalemate in combat was acceptable, it was less desirable in this context, but... it would be silly to claim that this was Shinomiya's strong point. "...What did you do after that? How did you end up here?"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back