Snapshot said:A surveillance technique used by the Anbu to 'record' an event down to the tiniest detail. When stored, the user is able to clearly recall their recording as if looking at a picture/video, and is able to share these memories with others. This is often done through creating a projection made of chakra, or by tapping their target to share their recorded memory directly into the mind of the target through genjutsu. Images (but not videos) even record the chakra signature of a target, which can be stored for later use, such as helping to detect a target known for physical disguise.
Prerequisites: C Rank
Rank 1: Records a mental video of the thread; this only records what the user witnesses during a thread (it is their memory). Requires awareness of the target.
Master: The user may now retain up to 3 Snap Shot memories.
Cost 1 AP, 450 CP
- This Jutsu does not require handseals, and is always a hidden action.
- This Jutsu is primarily for IC purposes, can be used in battle to thoroughly record the details of the battle.
- The user may only have a single Snapshot memory saved at a time (this remains until removed). Reusing the technique deletes the previous memory. This is increased to 3 memories when mastered.
- Rank 1 records the targets appearance at the time of use, and their chakra signature. Each characters chakra signature is unique, and will never change under any circumstances. All paths of a Rikudo Sennin share the same chakra, and have a single Chakra Signature (the 'original' RS user).
- At all ranks, the user may choose to share the memories recorded by this jutsu with others. This simply allows them to view the recording.
- At all ranks, the user may choose to transfer a recording to another, filling one of their memory slots but removing it from their own.
- If someone is dead or KO'd, their snapshot memories may be viewed/transferred/removed regardless of whether they give permission or not (cannot be done in battle).