Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Calm Before the Storm [Req. Shieo]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Is this real...?

Filtered radiance illuminated the teenager's countenance through grey forenoon fabric above. How time had progressed. How the kunoichi had grown. How ironic Fate was.
Many years had passed; Yet, the Chuunin remembered her tutelages under the revered Instructor as clearly as yesterday. For her shinobi career and life, he'd become a prominent influential figure. And now, today...

"Were really going on a mission..."

Such was a day, she would have never imagined...

Traversing through the uncongested stone streets of Kumogakure's early morning, the kunoichi's heart nervously drummed. The duo's journey hadn't appeared too distant, despite its destination outside the city. Though, perhaps any journey within Lightening Country hardly seemed distant after one's return from Marshlands.
Despite her great anxiety, to say Siu wasn't enthusiastic to have an opportunity to participate in a mission alongside her long-unseen instructor would be a lie. This ranked as one of the most exciting opportunities in her entire shinobi career. Like that excited Genin receiving their first official mission assignment, Siu almost felt like a child again; It'd even been difficult to properly sleep the night before. The majority of the night had been spent preparing her equipment and ensuring she held adequate supplies for the assignment. One of the last things the Chuunin desired to become was a liability for the childhood role-model—the other was dead. This mission, she'd firmly resolved to perform her utmost best.

The kunoichi could feel her heart ready to leap from her chest, as the familiar village gates eventually came into clearer view ahead. In search of a familiar figure, dark eyes roved...

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sitting here at my desk, either of my feet propped up atop the flat-surface acting as something akin to to a stool. A messenger had just departed a moment ago, leaving behind a small mission scroll; with a peculiar wax seal. Typically marked as a means to signify that it wasn't a direct mission from the village; but something of a request from a third-party. Well... This'll mean someones' callin' me directly... Odd. I found myself staring at the scroll for sometime, with the sun setting in the window at my rear, the darkness slowly culling the colors of the world.
"S'pose I aught t' read it." Delaying it no longer, I tucked my thumbnail underneath the wax and flicked it; watching it flutter up and soaring to the top of the desk with a quiet click and clack as it bounced around. With some minor finesse, I unraveled the parchment revealing the rather ambiguous details of the mission, and the particularly chosen shinobi to undertake the task; and the reason why.

"Well'a be.. Siu? Why'd I recognize that name." Letting out a brief breath of contemplation; I deemed it not worth dwelling too much, I'll figure out the details later, as the scroll had a rather expedited departure date... Tomorrow. Thus I ended my night, with a muttered sigh and leaving to my home; after-all, I didn't have much time to prepare.

Finding myself awake sometime before the rendezvous at the gates; I took some time to gather all my necessary belongings for a travel mission with the details of some reconnaissance and potential combat taken into consideration when plotting my tools and bag. All while this didn't take too long, the following was otherwise dull time; having gone for a regular cup of coffee at my frequented shop and a small stroll to take the sights afore heading to the gates.

Looking to the skies, it was a good marker for the time of day; with the darkness or light that inhabited its' space; even in the cloudiest days- you could generally make out the rough time-frame of where you were placed in the day. "Guess I'aughta head there." With a focal point marked with my particular hiraishin seal nearby the gates; I centered the chakra that flowed throughout my system like an endless river, cycling it to flush throughout each pore of my body for a proper movement. As it readied I shifted, what seemed sometime to me was only a moments notice through the rest of the world. With a rush of energy, and a final triumphant 'fwomp' I found myself near the gates.
Upon making it to the gates, I appeared to be the first one here. If only for a moment, hearing the clop of footsteps heading in my direction. Turning to address the attendance, I arched a brow ever so slightly. As my body turned, I figured the sight of my departed left arm would have come into sight; or more so the alabaster scales of a reptilian creature acting as shoulder armor- and a distinct lack of an arm following it. Beyond such, I anticipated the attire of my persons wasn't too much unfamiliar to Siu from the time we met in Marsh some years ago; save perhaps some stubble and my right arm was littered in a number of more tribalistic tattoos that depict stories of seeming animals.

Pausing a moment, I took in the sights of the girl; she was definitely more mature. And her general appearance somewhat did what mine did in the grasps of the Marshlands, that is to suggest rougher, more tans, more harder and durable threads and leathers to adapt to the harsher environment and lesser defenses offered. One had to wear their armory; or become their armor by some means. "Huhn'... Y'grow an' inch'a somethin'?" Taking the perhaps not so much of a lied comment, and rested my one arm atop my hip.

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Anticipation and nervousness shifted into gradual disappointment as the kunoichi found herself approaching ever closer towards the ramparts—no other figures in sight aside from the few guards on duty.

.... Was he late?

Fwomp .... ushered a sound towards the sudden arrival.

Eyes perceived the sudden manifestation long before the brain; Slightly startled features requiring additional moments to process the seemingly spontaneous appearance.... Pupils eventually dilated.

...Instructor —feet audibly paced faster towards their destination—Shieo..?!

Many years had it been since eyes settled upon the familiar Academy Instructor; Yet, even from behind, that towering, ruggedly-attired frame was unmistakable; Eternally etched in memory from youth.
His form turned—further revealing those familiar, perpetually dull eyes.

"Instructo—" she'd verbally begin.... Eyes suddenly widened as if in shock— "What happen—where is—you have no arm?!"

Amidst the male's greeting words, an uninhibited visage of grave concern remained fixated upon the tragedy afront it. There was an awkward silence. The Chuunin eventually realized she may have been reacting rather rudely; Especially for a first reunion in years.

"I...mean—It's been a lon—" Raven locks flapped—her long frame suddenly stooping forward to present a formal bow; "It is a great honor to be able to work alongside you for this mission.... I solemnly pledge to perform my utmost best in order to succeed in our assigned task! " The assurance aired with all the expected fervor of an infantry shinobi addressing their superior and then some.... Perhaps, overzealously so.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As I turned I took into focus the developing figure of the youth that turned into young-adult; only in time for her to quickly turn conversation to the elephant in the room; so to speak. Dawning an arched brow still, I smirked ever so slightly; "Well'a seems yer' eyes are still workin' both'fa them." Although she did inquire of what, where and perhaps the implication of when; I opted to casually evade the topic and used her zeal to shift the subject.

"Atta' ease, kiddo'." Lifting my arm from my hip, I bopped my balled fist atop the back of her head; gently. "Jus' a tricky misshin' all y' gotta' do is make sure y'keep well and keep me well'n you'll be good." Returning my hand to my hip, I took a step back to grasp some space between the two of us. As I took a moment to capture the grown youth's attire, how they moved and their developing habits. "Seems yer' time outta' the village s'got you a lil' roughed up; what's the yellow'n yer' teeth all about?" I rather haphazardly threw out the question, it was an intentional bait- and a rather simple observation, seeings how I figured keeping her on the balls of her feet would be an amusing change of pace.

Thought
"Speech."

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Dark pupils glistening with curiosity revealed themselves as the kunoichi gradually lifted her visage in response to the unexpected bop against the back of her cranium. In the midst of the Instructor's dialogue, brows somewhat furrowed—lids narrowing ever-so-slightly.

...Dialect?

Words shortened and blended in a manner foreign to Siu's memories of the older shinobi, whose once fully enunciated speech seemed to have slackened into a somewhat lazy drawl; A mannerism which became more apparent the further he spoke, even for the returning kunoichi readjusting to her own language.

Suddenly, her demeanor awakened—cheeks flushing; "Yellow teeth...?!" .... Had the struggles hindering her from maintaining proper hygiene on a daily basis within Marshlands damaged her appearance so noticeably?
Swiftly, a hand motioned into the shinobi-pouch behind her; One might've pondered whether her next intention was to assault the older male for his inquiry as the glistening kunai revealed itself. Baring her teeth, the Chuunin turned her visage—intently inspecting the reflection within polished metal.

"...Are they really that noticeable?" somewhat whined a concerned voice.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Eh' jes' an observation. Relax." I muttered with a obscured smirk, having glanced towards the gates for only a moment afore returning my studious gaze to the girl. "Though, a kunai ain' gonna give y' much for color; y'know." While I didn't have the habit of moving too much I shifted my weight, a developing habit with the relative recent change of my body physiology; forcing strains of weight differentiation on the side with more-- Body.

"Tho' it is a lil' colored; should brush more, 'neh?" Flashing a wink, I stretched my arm in the air and twisted my body by the hip both ways; performing simple stretches. A basic, but fairly clear indication of my intent to start at least moving a little. "So'a s'pose I'm interested t' hear your travel story. But say save it, for the trip ourselves 'eh." Turning my heel towards the gate that was a handful of paces away. "N'less y'need anythin' now, we aught to start making dust. Long ways t'go I think." Beginning by taking a few steps towards said gate.

"Come come; 'n put the bloody kunai away, gonna make people nervous."

Thought
"Speech."

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Though the older shinobi had informed the concerned teenager to 'relax', her unsettled expression remained unrelieved; eyes returning back to the visage reflecting within her kunai, whilst his own shifted towards the gates.... He was right; She definitely needed the house mirror for this. A re-startled utter faintly emitted, as the Instructor sprinkled more salt upon the newly discovered wound. It was here the young woman finally made the firm resolution.

Tae's whitening toothpaste... It was her only hope.

The kunoichi's focus departed from her kunai and inward contemplations as the mission leader began departure for the gates.

"Y-yes!" Features reignited to attention as the familiar click of her back pouch sounded; "I properly prepared beforehand!" Siu would inform quite proudly, cramming the weapon back into its rightful place. Her feet started, remaining a seemingly measured distance behind her superior; Close enough to still be considered within reactive proximity, yet also awkwardly distanced to a point where an onlooker might've questioned whether she'd been a just terribly scolded daughter of an older parent.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As my pace steadied to something consistent, having subconsciously taken to mind the difference of our heights. While I doubt she could see my expression; I merely rolled my eyes in quick retort to her exclamation of being well-equipped. "Prolly' a good thing 'eh? I mean, 'yer a kunoichi- It's y'er job..." I was careful to keep my tone dry and dismissive; but it had a dual-meaning as I suspect the girl would have picked up.

For some moments, all I could hyper-focus on was the clacking of my shoes to the stonework flooring of the village; without much thought, I had passed the passport check with a simple display of the paperwork, and resumed my mental activity when the clacking too, departed when making contact to the earthen centric ground. Sparing a glance backwards, to ensure the girl was still present; I studied her ever so slightly more, with a dismiss on my sense for jokes- and instead placed some reality too my observation. "S' gimme a in-out why'er you dress'n the way you do now. Sure its'a 'cuz of Marsh, I wager- Who knows mighta' lead to more conversation." I sniffed, albeit habitually, as I offedly reached to my shinobi pouch placed to the right of my buttocks; slipping in two fingers I clipped onto a piece of parchment and drew it out. Without looking back, I held it back; clear in my gesture for Siu to grasp it.</GLOW>
olyZxqG.jpg
<GLOW glow="#2E8B57">
"'n there'za where w' gotta' go. It's definiteleh' a ways t' go. Y'read the brief'en, right?" I inquired with the usual droll in my voice, implying disinterest- or feigned interest at best by a normal ear; but my attention was directed ahead as to keep us on track, but more or less I was eager to see how the girl had developed in terms of her actions.

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Err"—the kunoichi's visage tilted downwards—"... Right." Crimsoned cheeks revealed themselves once again, less proud feet still in tow as the older shinobi further continued his departure through the gates. From arear, curious eyes observed the male's hand reaching for his shinobi-pouch. Hastening her pace to catch up and receive the revealed item, the sound of unfolding paper ushered the opening of its contents. Wordlessly, pupils solemnly roved about the map, brows eventually unfurrowing into a momentary expression of surprise.

"Oh," aired the single utter, hinted with worry. The younger kunoichi's features relifted towards the instructor; "I, um.... I thought we were going a bit less farther... Heh." And remote... And warmer, for that matter.
Trepidatious lips curled into a tense smile; Extreme climates weren't anything she'd been unaccustomed to, yet, it didn't mean she took pleasure in persevering through them insufficiently prepared. Venture so far into Lightening's remote, freezing north hadn't quite been something she'd packed for. Though, if that confession left her lips, she pondered just how much the more experienced shinobi may tease her for it.

"I.. see," the teen continued on, feigning composure whilst reextending an arm, returning the parchment.

Thick leather crushed against the transitioning terrain as the duo further departed from the security of the village. "I outgrew them," suddenly informed the Chuunin; an answer so delayed, it felt wholly spontaneous. "My clothes—I mean," she further clarified, queer solemnity coloring her tone.
"Though, they were basically tattered strips of cloth by the time I replaced them anyways; Marsh's environment isn't at all kind to Lightening's more aesthetically-materialed fabrics." The kunoichi's eyes traversed down and up the tall figure afront, restudying the inquiring instructor's own attire choice; "As i'm sure, you also know." A jocose smirk crept upon her features.
Eyes merrily drifted above, squinting somewhat; Gradually, hoary curtains were finally making way for Radiance's presence as the morning slowly dissipated. An unknown tune sought to entertain the venturing duo as a pair of birds warbled overhead. Despite the concerns, excitement and enthusiasm still illuminated the accompanying Chuunin's journey. Inbreath, uninhibited uttered; followed by a merry release, the chilly morning air departing afront curled lips both trepidatious and excited for the future.

"Instructor Shieo," later readdressed the kunoichi further along the journey, hands retreating behind her as she continued on—"may I ask you something?" There was a silence; Whether she'd truly been awaiting permission from the older male, or simply too nervous to confidently continue on with the inquiry.
"All the times you've trained me—made me into the shinobi I am today—but not one time did I ask you.... How did you become a shinobi?" A faint, chilly breeze brushed her raven locks as the now older teen's curious eyes gleamed in the filtered radiance. "Were you...drafted like me, or..." The kunoichi paused again—It felt rather out-of-place to utilize the word 'willingly'.... That very pause became her inquiry's incomplete finish.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Generally speaking, I kept fairly quiet for some time throughout the initial bouts of our trip. The sound of my shoes clacking against stone turned to crunching to dirt and gravel, and eventually the odd crack from still frozen patches of earth. As the sound of chirping birds was quietly shifted out of focus with the feminine tone lapsing into range; I turned my head back and glanced to the young-man, acknowledging that I heard and was listening to her speak. Only to return my attention forwards, intent on keeping us two on track.
As she said her piece, I merely gave a light shrug-- with the one shoulder I had somewhat functioning. "Somethin' of'th sort. Though, I thought'it albeit easier t'jus' wear what I kill y'know? Less maintenance'n what have'ya.." As I said such, I gave her another glance and lifted my brows playfully; just a means to take the darkness off the subject- At least, I presumed it may give off that vibe.

Although I wasn't unfamiliar with working with others during assignments, truth be told I wasn't sent out of the village all too often in order to enact such a situation. With the varying tasks of my life from teaching, sleeping and operating as a lead-hand of the village's defenses I never had too much time out in the field-- Though I suspect the arm might have some hesitation brewing in the taskmasters' minds too. To avoid letting my mind drift from careless to catastrophic situations from social interactions to the probability of combat in the coming weeks; I instead devoted some brain-power to simply pacing my breathing, all while I watched the skies above- intaking the ambiguous blobs that were the clouds.

Upon the break of silence once more, I simply "hmmm'd" a response; suggesting my attention was given to her verbal cue. As she finished what sounded like a rather challenging question for her to complete. I looked back, while remaining walking ahead; my brow cocked as I gave her an inquisitive expression. "An' hardly say I taught y'too much. But hm; how'd I start'n huh?" I placed a pause in my wording, with a sniff to suggest preparation. "Sidesa' being nosy. I wassint' drafted, no." Turning my attention back ahead, I slide my hand into the pocket stitched pants. "Left m' family wen' I wassa'... Eh-- How old was'I?" Drifting into my thoughts, I considered the question a bit more; realizing that it was becoming quite a long time ago. "Ma' I dun' remember 'ow old I was. Pretty young if'a remember correctly'ne'ways. I abandoned the family'n sought'teh village, showed'em I was proficient w' chakra, sides'n I knew if'a stayed home; they'da eventually find'm and bag me. Jus' the course'sa things y'know?" Letting out a gentle yawn, I scanned the horizon and continued; my tone has droll as usual. "Then'na I jus' did m'minimum possible, graduated'n made'm way to Chunin thruh' jus' doing a mediocre job-- Butta' Yuii 'ventually met'mh and made me an instructor. Rest'sa history, as they say."

Glancing back once more, I stared into her eyes as I studied her reaction. "What make'sa ask 'n'ways?"

Thought
"Speech."

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The male's response may have tasted rather plain for most audiences; Yet, gleaming curiosity never departed from the maturing shinobi's eyes as she listened intently to her mentor's past—the story behind his position as an Academy Instructor.

..Left his family? a flicker of surprise colored her features... He'd willingly left them to apply?

"Er... Oh! Well, I um," the kunoichi fumbled about; the returned inquiry catching her off-guard. A few moments were taken to gather her thoughts; Later realizing, that perhaps, even she herself hadn't been fully aware of the purpose behind her question to clearly answer.

"It's interesting"—Hmm, not very descriptive...was it? Perhaps, more detail was in order—"tooo think someone like you was once just like me; training in The Academy, learning new jutsu under another instructor, graduating," she further elaborated, lips innocently curled into a smile as she attempted to visualize the scene.

The weather felt slightly warmer now; the emerging sun touching bare parts of her skin. Yet, the kunoichi was also well aware such luxury wouldn't last the entire journey; For, the further North the two approached, the less merciful Mother Nature would become—something she was not looking forward to. But, at least for the time being, she could enjoy it; making the most out of it.

"Do you ever miss them, Instructor Shieo?" further ventured another inquiry after contemplation; "Your family, I mean—Do you ever miss them?"

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As I continued my pace, I felt a glimmer of amusement form from the girls tone and the shift of her speech; "I wouldn' think t' hard on'nit, I just went t' school; nothin' impressive." Although I felt that there was an air of heightened curiosity; I carefully kept my lips shut from expressing too much information. To fill the void of ill-timed conversation, or perhaps an effort to avoid saying more I reached back to a small strap that was on the exterior of my backpack; there dangled a fairly plain looking steel-mug, over-all it's general appearance was quite well kept. Not even a sign of scratches, scuffs or marks could be found; it was this that I brought up to my chest.

Lifting it to take a drawn sip, I glanced to the side as Siu continued; taking a moment to ponder the question- but too, to enjoy the aroma and bitter taste of the caffeine drink. The warmth of the liquid coursed down through my system about the same time as the sunlight licked across my form. Although most of my body was masked by the layers of attire that I often kept myself adorned with; it still felt refreshing and energizing to what was visible, namely my face and neck.

"Miss m' family mm...?" I squinted, as I thought back to what I could only perceive as my family- it took a few moments to fill the blurry obscurities that acted as their faces, forms and even just general image. Exhaling through my nose as I eventually gave up clearing any more in my mind; conclusive with a sip of my coffee. "Nn' truth is, I can't say I miss'em. It's been a long time n' my perception of'a who they 'er from what they used'ta be would be a disservice." Looking over my shoulder, simply out of habit and truthfully just curious to see what her expression may come to be. "Fact 'f the matter, is I have other family I 'aught to worry 'bout. 'n while I sometimes catch m'self wonderin' how my siblings turned out; 'er if my Dad'n Ma' became something more. It really jus' doesn't change 'nythin'. An' the people I got 'n my life now are here, where the blood of'm family isn't."

I paused and took another sip, thinking if there was anything further to add to the topic. "That's about that."

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Are... we that family?" the kunoichi sheepishly sought to clarify. It was difficult for the teen to comprehend the older shinobi's resolution to not only leave his blood-related family for The Academy, yet also continually remain apart from them for what one could assume to have been quite a long time based on context.
The familiar scene of towering mountains and hills gradually became less clustered as terrain further transitioned. Perhaps in imitation of the older male, the kunoichi repositioned her backpack afront her whilst still in tow; digging for her own less-maintained steel tumbler to indulge in some premade tea. Shoving the tumbler back, she'd be found rummaging through the bag; A loud crunch ushering her bite into the large, round biscuit from the market. Eyes returned ahead, gazing at the instructor afront them as if in consideration whilst faint chewing still sounded.

"Do you like biscuits, Instructor?" she offered, extending the packaged treat towards him; Snacks—one of the most essential of all traveling necessities.

"I haven't any siblings—but, my mom and dad were worried sick when I disappeared. There was so much crying and hugging—they were so overjoyed to find me alive!" Another crunch sounded as the kunoichi bit into her second biscuit. "Maybe your parents are really worried about you too, Instructor Shieo—I think maybe you should visit them."

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Heh' wouldn' you like ta' know." I replied with a droll tone, an inflection of being coy hidden just underneath. Even now, I often found myself shifting my attention ever so slightly to the sounds and feeling of the nature that surrounded the two of us; zoning in onto the whistling of the passing breeze, the gentleman's clapping of the leaves atop the tree canopies and the subtle but relaxing crunch of the soil and rock beneath my feet.

Unexpectedly, the crunching was paralleled by a slightly less comforting crunch. My eye twitched ever so slightly in reflex, thankfully I wasn't facing the girl as this occurred. And to her inquiry from behind, "'preciated, but I'll'a pass." A drawing of my mug to my lips induced another flush of heat that coursed through my system, although it felt like a creeping comfort of liquid slithered through my veins and muscles; it were simply a facade played by the body- ricocheting the sensation of ecstasy throughout the body as a response to the caffeine and heated beverage in comparative to the still, mildly nipping of the weather.

Silently I listened to her recalling of her parents and her reunion, only to follow with a hmmmm as the proposition was incurred to my circumstances. "Pass. Y'see.. I gotta' my reasons fer' leaving; 'n if either m' family or myself thought to correct it'n we would've already... And seein's how we 'aven't, well it answers itself. S'pose." I moved my arm in a circle by the shoulder to keep the blood flowing. Besides, I felt it gave me a natural pause. "'Sides, I'm content with m' life right now. They're'n not really my family 'nmore; so it'sa lost cause.. But s'pose I can congratulate y' family bein' pleased yer' still kickin' and what have 'ya."

I coughed, followed by only a hairs second passing, "'n stop callin' me Instructor."

Thought
"Speech."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back