Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Can You See It? [Tutor]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Even with the tension surrounding the impending invasion students still needed to learn. Hoshirei certainly had something to teach. If she could help just one student better understand her main art, then perhaps they could use that knowledge to protect the civilians in the coming fight.

When she saw a student post interest in genjutsu, or well, anything someone could teach them, Hoshirei was quick to send them a message. A bit of back and forth and afternoon on a Thursday was chosen. She had requested the young one to meet her in room 120 at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. It was a smaller classroom, but would suit her purposes just fine.

She spent some time setting up a small obstacle for her charge, a very simple genjutsu for a slight number change to the room. Instead of the placard reading 120, it read 122. If they went further down the hall, they would not see a duplicate number until the final room: 130. She would hope that anyone would reason out that 120 hadn't been marked and the numbers had jumped from 118 to 122, but she would see.

She stood on the opposite side of the hallway ethereal, invisible to those who could not see into the next plane of existence. Hoshirei was rather interested in how this young one would react to the small test before their tutoring session. It would allow her to gauge their knowledge and how to interact with them.

If the student found their way into the room, they would see written on the blackboard: Welcome to your Genjutsu lesson. Please, turn around.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OOC: please list a Word Count at the end of your posts to ensure we make word count. :)
WC: 271

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Okay.. don't be nervous..' Maikeru repeated over and over to himself in his head as he made his way down the hallway of the first floor of Konoha's academy. 'She's just.. a jonin.. a respected member of the konoha shinobi forces. But.. she puts her pants on one leg at a time, just like you.. probably. Don't embarrass yourself.'

Maikeru had never had a private tutoring session before, at least, not one done by a leaf shinobi. There was his encounter with Maru in the tea village, but, that was more of a.. work experience type deal and hardly the same as being taught by a jonin of the leaf. He took many, many calming breaths as he made his way to the classroom, nervous as he really could be. There was a moment of hesitation as he stood at the end of the hallway, looking down the long rows of doors. He could always just not show up, claim some illness..

No, no, that wasn't an option for him. He needed to be stronger, needed to hone his craft, he had to be able to protect his friends and those he cared for. With a final sigh, he stood in front of the classroom he had thought was 120 but.. why did it say 122? Did.. had he made a mistake somewhere? The room before said 118.. and went to 122?

"I don't.." He said aloud, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I could swore I had a class here last week.. but.. did they remodel?"

He took a look down the hallway, noting that everything seemed completely normal as far as he could see, except for this one placard. He gave it an inquisitive look, rubbing the back of his head thoughtfully. Finally, he held two fingers in front of his face folding the others down to his palm, forming half of a hand sign, using it as a way to focus his chakra. He kept his eyes closed as he felt a familiar rush of clarity and adrenaline rushing through his whole body, as he felt his optical nerves swelling with chakra, near the point of bursting.

As he slowly opened his eyes, and a single tomoe spun to life in his now red eyes, he activated his clans kekkei genkei.

"Sharingan." He muttered to no one but himself, the final part of the method he used to train himself to activate his kekkei on command.

As he looked at the placard again, he wasn't sure but.. it looked like the final '2' in 122 was flickering. Changing it's shape from a 2 to a 0. Was.. was this a genjutsu? He cocked his head to the side as his ocular kekkei genkei took in his surroundings. He was pretty sure that just from past experience this was room 120, and his Sharingan was showing him some weird things. On a whim, he decided to place a hand on the door, and walk inside. Either this was right, or he was about to embarrass himself. Damn, he had told himself not to do that.

(515 words)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seems she didn't have to wait this time. Her charge was a touch early, but that was okay in Hoshirei's book. If he kept that up in battle though, he could find himself in a world of hurt. Every moment counts, especially in a battle with fellow ninja. A move just a half second too early or late and you might end up on a memorial stone somewhere. However, that was not what she planned on teaching, this was to be a genjutsu session after all.

The look on her student's face when he realized the door number was changed was a bit adorable, but she would never say that out loud to any academy student, that would be asking for trouble. And remodeling was a fair question and a reason room numbers could change. She continued to watch as he focused on the number and was almost giddy when he brought a hand up in front of him to concentrate. Her ethereal body moved closer to look at his face. She saw and heard when the young man activated his clan's ability and was noted that he had only the beginning of a Sharingan. It would take time for him to completely master it, but having it already active was good for both detecting and creating genjutsu.

Maikeru's slightly confused head tilt made Hoshirei smile softly. She could almost see the thoughts running through his head about the number. The small hesitation before he pushed open the door was also indicative of someone making a choice they hoped was the right one. As he pushed the door open and walked in, the genjutsu on the numbers faded into nothingness. She followed him into the room and stood for a moment observing him. How would he react to an empty room?

After a few moments, a mischievous thought entered Hoshirei's mind and she quickly let off a genjutsu that would sound like the door behind him slammed shut, but left the door open to the hall. After his initial reaction, Hoshirei walked over to the teacher's desk to sit on it and slowly allow her body to come fully back to the realm of the living. She had probably startled him once already, why startle him again?

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maikeru entered the room slowly, cautiously. He wasn't sure who his genjutsu tutor was, but after the stunt in the hallway, it was evident that they were already testing him. He was fine with it, encouraged it even. It was nice to see that they had taken an interest in finding out the boys skills already. As he slowly opened the door, and stepped into the classroom, the very first thing he noticed was the chalk board. Reading the message, he furrowed his brows for a second. Surely, it couldn't be that easy, could it?

That was when the genjutsu kicked in. He heard the door slammed, and instinctively reached for his kunai pouch. He spun the knife several times in his hands, before holding it in a reverse grip, facing the door as the handle slammed against his palm. To his surprise the door was still open, and more than that, there was no one in its wooden frame. How peculiar, he was sure he had heard a noise...

He let out a sigh, sliding the kunai back into it's holster. Had he been duped again? Twice in the span of a few moments, it was.. a bit embarrassing to say the least. When he turned back around, he gave a little jump, startled by the sudden appearance of the woman sitting behind her desk.

"Jeez!" He yelled, taking a defensive position for a moment, before relaxing. Apparently, this was his tutor. She was good with genjutsu, and that boded well for him at the very least. "Apolgies, ma'am, I didn't mean to be so startled. I am Uchiha Maikeru, reporting for my tutoring session."

He gave a respectful bow, before standing back up straight. He deactivated his Sharingan, as most people found it rude to have it activate while talking to an ally. The thought being that if you didn't have your Sharingan on, you couldn't use the most used trick in the Uchiha book. Ocular genjutsu. It was a special power that the Sharingan held, and one of the things that made them a very deadly clan.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm not familiar with your name. My deepest apologies."

(363 words)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
OOC: 1. I am so sorry this has taken so long to reply. 2. If you would like to discontinue and start something with someone who is a little more active, just let me know. Otherwise, on to the post.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hoshirei had a slightly sheepish look on her face when the lad turned around. "Sorry about that. Didn't mean to startle you the second time. However, I must commend you on seeing past the first genjutsu. You looked confused for a moment, but you did much better than many other students could at this point. Activating your Sharingan was smart," she paused a moment before introducing herself. "My name is Isaki Hoshirei. I don't mind if you call me Hoshirei, just remember that I am in charge right now and we'll get along fine."

"Now, what are the two types of genjutsu I used on or around you?" she queried with a raised eyebrow.

If he answered correctly, she would smile before moving on. "I have one other question. Aside from the sign and the door slam, did you detect any other genjutsu before you saw me? Don't answer right away. Think back to if you felt anything at all. I will give you a small clue, I was watching the whole time."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back