Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Chalk Dust & Dreams [Harupia & Sousuke]

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Continued from: Seeking the Blackened Heart Pt. II [Cabal|Run Topic]]
Any other child would have probably called for help or taken the bodies of the wounded to the hospital, but for a number of logical reasons that wouldn't be the case with Makeinu. As he slowly but steadily made his way from the bloodied scene outside the Obsidian Palace, he painstakingly pulled on the wrists of the dark skinned male with the golden brown hair for several feet across the dusty quiet streets. Breathing heavily and sweating from his pale brow, he'd let go only to repeat the process with the heavier body of the armored steward until he laid beside his unconscious comrade. He didn't know where he was going, but he refused to stay within proximity of the evil emanating from the prison and scenes around it.

It was a mystery to him how he ended up outside, and in a broken down wall and no longer in the presence of Mikaboshi's strength. It was little different from the first time he woke in that hospital, laying there looking at the ceiling and wondering who he was and what he was doing on that stretcher in the first place. Nothing made sense, and just when it all began to come together somehow it was shattered again. If he had listened to Shiori and stayed back, not been goaded into failure by his less than welcoming adoptive uncle, would he still have been conscious and had knowledge of Shiori's whereabouts.

He knew of two places in general, that was the prison and the hospital and neither place he wanted to go back to. He knew the men needed help, but at the same time he knew they'd be taken away and he'd likely never see them again once the medics got a hold of them. They were outside the prison that he himself had just been inside, and the ominous blood-note scrawled on the wall seemed to be taunting the both of them specifically or rather anyone who dared seek to rescue whoever had been taken. Night had already fallen by the time he'd reached a good distance from the prison, but his pace was slow. Nearing the residential areas, he only graced the outskirts and was thus delving into the Grand Palais. A few people gave him odd looks, but cared little. The streets weren't too populated, as night hadn't fallen truly and that was when such places became the most alive.

He'd pull the two into an alleyway, seeking refuge anywhere. The village was so badly in disarray and defeated on all angles that the Shinobi were spread then, and anarchy was the order of the day. Maybe one or two people recognized the armor-clad steward or the top member of the Sunaku clan, but no one spoke. No one cared. All hope seemed lost, and they had bigger things to concern themselves with than the corpses of high ranking members that distanced themselves from the normal populace even if in career alone. They had failed to protect anyone from the Cabal, and failed to be worthy of much regard in the eyes of those feeling let down. Makeinu was oblivious in a sense, not having the knowledge of what this Shinobi world had to offer or what went on in it to make such opinions. All he knew was that he needed to find Shiori, and if either of those two men lived they might be able to help him navigate the village.

It seemed ridiculous for such a small lad, so thin and brittle looking to be pulling such strong looking men on their backs across the sand and dirt. At some point he noticed an old run-down looking building, the windows were broken and the walls seemed ancient but firm. It was so out of the way, most likely a shop of some kind abandoned and built around some time ago. He managed to pull them into the shadow of the building, but hadn't the strength to pull them onto the steps and into the domicile. However; it was unlikely anyone would stumble upon them so far back into the alleyways. Propping both men up across from each other on either side of the earthen stairs, Makeinu climbed a few and sat himself down gingerly. He'd cough, spitting up a little blood, likely from his slightly damaged lung. He held his torso and sat there in silence, waiting for someone to stir...Hoping they wouldn't slip away into the afterlife without true medical care, something he was unable to administer. Pulling his knees to his chest and looking down at them he noticed a lizard scurry away in between them, flicking up dirt with its tail before vanishing.

Was this life in Sunagakure?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shade haunted the area surrounding Makeinu. A projection of Mikaboshi of sorts. The spirit of the Black Blade was gathering more and more power the closer to death Sousuke came. His form became bladed. The sad truth behind all of this was that this was the first bit of rest Sousuke had in maybe weeks? The weilder of the Black Blade was a man who did not sleep. He was burning the candle at all the ends. Sousuke had worked against the Cabal, used their information to stop the storm on the surface, and was rebuilding. Shade's spectral form started to recede. It seemed as if Sousuke was coming to.

Pain. That is what Sousuke woke up to. His vision was hazy. His senses dulled at first. The lights of chakra crystals coming into view slowly. "Damn."<i></i> He cursed. Grand Palais. Not the point where he originally lost consciousness. He got here somehow. The armour receded. Sousuke thought himself to be alone. He was left for dead in some alley by Shouki. No. Shouki would have done something more sentimental. As the armour withdrew, blue lines skittered across Sousuke's face along with some circle patterns. The armour was still damaged, decaying, and the remenants of decay and rot were these markings. Sousuke did not have the time of day to get it looked after properly. He would have needed massive surgery to remove the plates from his skin, and have had everything redone or removed permanently. Without his armour though he was nothing. Despite all his attempts to be a superior self, he had come up short. Inferiority. This is what he was at the heart of all things, an inferior individual. No. Not even an individual. A machine with flesh. Seconds bleed slowly. "Shiori. The stranger. Harupia. Shiori's ... son?"<i></i> These were things skittered about the mind of Sousuke. It was then his vision came clearly. Harupia was with him unconscious. Sousuke hand glowed a sickly green. Sousuke applied his chakra infused hand not to himself, but to his friend. His medical skills weren't that exceptional, but it was better than nothing. Sousuke had to stabilize his friend first instead of himself. The metallic arm had been damaged. It would need fixing, but doing so one arm would be difficult. It was a luxury that could wait. He needed to get Harupia out of the danger levels.

Sousuke surveyed his surroundings, and took notice of a boy staring back at him. "Have to assume we weren't dumped here by a giant with red hair, insane look, giant blade."<i></i> He twitched. Damn. Shouki's fighting style was something he had learned firsthand. There had to have been limits to it. Unfortunately getting him out of that blasted ritual circle was easier said than done. Sousuke's mind worked two fold. The child before him looked like he hadn't seen many better days. "Shouki attacked the prison in the afternoon. It's closing in on evening. If it was Shouki who dragged us, he wouldn't have taken his time, so it's not him."<i></i> Bloodied. Yes. "You dragged us here with extreme difficulty. Sorry about that."<i></i> Children could do amazing things when pushed or when desperation set in. "Unlikely... but entirely possible."<i></i> He paused. Shiori's son? She mentioned him. How could he have been there? "The madman with the red hair. Where did he go? He took some people with them. A lady with red hair, and a white haired man?"<i></i> Too many questions. "Names Sousuke by the way. Usually I can place names and faces together. Yours is a mystery to me... and I'm usually very good at figuring people out."<i></i> He shook his head.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first signs of consciousness within the armored steward went unnoticed, if only for just how lost in thought the boy had become while sitting there. It wasn't so much that he'd been waiting for too long, but rather the fact that everything seemed too surreal. His life didn't make any sense. His earliest memories were but a few months old in comparison to the years many had under their belt, hazy images of being carried through a ferocious sandstorm. Then the next thing he knew he was waking up in a hospital, without any idea how he got there or where he was...Now, finally outside the clamor of bustling staff and chauffeured patients were left behind thanks to the hand of a strange woman who now was missing.

There was a very real fear developing, a fear that he would find himself losing time and consciousness continuously. He remembered nothing before the storm, and wondered if his memory of all that had taken place since would be stolen as well. To be unable to remember being given clothes and food that didn't come out of a dirty hospital, and to forget the encounter with the bitter Mikaboshi. The one who had sent him to sleep with a mere gust of energy, and awaken only to be lost and alone once more. He had found two people, but they weren't moving at all aside from shallow breaths. He groaned softly to himself, bewildered but doing a decent job at covering it up and not over-expressing himself. It was the hushed usage of a slight obscenity that he himself thought to use which brought him back to the matter at hand.

His blood colored irises moved upwards, their abyssal pupils locking onto the image of the damaged veterans. One of them wore a mask, and the other man's mouth hadn't moved at all. Scoffing slightly he was about to pass it off as nonsense, until it happened. One by one the metallic plates began to retract themselves, and in a spectacular display the battered armor would vanish from view leaving a rather simple man in its place. Simple if it weren't for what appeared to be a metal prosthetic, or the glowing lines that seemed etched into his flesh. The boy was mildly startled, his body jolting for a moment but perfectly still and motionless afterwards. He'd slide back just a little, letting his legs stretch once more rather than be held up to his chest. At the mention of Shiori's name the boy's eyes visibly became more alert. His gas mask concealing any insignificant expressions the lower portion of his face might create.

The man didn't notice him, and immediately tried to heal the dark skinned individual across from him. It was a selfless act naturally overlooked by those with less passion for detail, but Makeinu couldn't have missed it if he tried. There was something about watching people and what they did that made it easy for him to see something within them, something that perhaps not everyone would have wanted another to see. The man eventually did notice though, and continued to talk to himself audibly and without much pause. At some point Makeinu would interject, but he didn't want to be the one to prevent the man from gathering his bearings. He listened intently though, soaking in all the information. None of it was familiar, he didn't know anything about a red haired man or any attack on the prison. What he did know about, was the lady with the red hair mentioned. He remained silent even after the introductions, simply looking up.

He seemed to be minutes away from death himself, what little of his cheek shown were gaunt. His scalp was dry, and his skin was thin and pale almost like stretched plastic over bone rather than flesh. Though, the shadows of his large hooded sweater would conceal pretty much everything while his sneakers and dark pants helped him to blend in with the darkness despite his ghostly features. "I don't really know anythin' about what happened." He would start, that tiny and raspy little voice of his at last breaking through. "The last thing I remember was..." He stopped himself, wondering whether it was prudent to bother saying anything about Mikaboshi. Whether anyone except Shiori would believe him about such a strange tale, even with his injuries as proof. He knew he needed to find her but from the sound of things he wouldn't have been able to do a thing even if he did. It all let him put the pieces together though.

"I need ta find her..." He began to stand slowly, his little bones popping here and there. Did he have arthritis at his young age? "I have come to stay. Won't you play? I have taken your friends. Your friends will be in pieces. Find me first." Each word was only a few notches above a whisper, but clear enough to be heard. "That's what was written on the wall where I found you two." No longer was he looking at Sousuke, unable or unwilling to maintain eye contact for long. It was becoming evident that the boy wasn't a very confident or outgoing person, and in his situation he still had to try to move things forward. Gritting his teeth and ready once more to face odds he could never beat, he exhaled hotly before stepping forward. "I'm Makeinu...Never mind that, I need ta find Shiori, and if that note was accurate in any way then you must be her friend. I need ta find her, I have to, she- I mean...She's my-" He paused for a second, hesitating to use the word. It hadn't been a full day yet, and somehow it felt off knowing that maybe he had an actual mother in existence elsewhere. Yet, it was the only way to explain their relationship. "She's my mom, I can't- I can't just forget her already." His voice never really got much stronger, and raising the volume of it was not much within his intention despite doing it anyway near the end. Having gotten himself worked up caused another cough, the blood spattering against the inside of his gas mask going unseen. He was incredibly short as well, though looked more like a miniature person than some sort of midget or chibi figure.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke hated being right about his hunches. So it seemed that Shouki had Shiori, and the stranger. So. This was her son. "We don't forget the ones we love. Never forgotten. Before she lost consciousness she told me to look after you."<i></i> He answered. This was her son? He had hundreds of questions of how and why. Unfortunately given the situation he would not get chance at doing so. Sousuke grunted slightly. He called upon the shadows to his being to wrap around himself like a shroud. "I will do just that... but I've got to find her... presumably in one very whole piece. I'm dealing with a man of a morally insane inclination who needs to be stopped."<i></i> He heard the bones popping out. Sousuke's eyes narrowed. This boy. It was like staring at himself in the mirror. This was what he was like at a young age. Shizune cracked his bones. "I'm more than her friend. I'm her cousin. Not by blood, but she's family... and family matters most."<i></i> Sousuke tried shifting his metallic arm. This was going to be hard. It was irresponsive. "You and I have alot in common. Your bones are brittle. Moving has to hurt alot when the temperature changes. I had alot of problems in my childhood. When you break a bone, its pain is amplified and it's ... unbearable. Makes you want to scream, but you and I are above that. We're fighters."<i></i> It was a sickly sort of thing.

Sousuke's eyes seemingly drinking in the details."Makeinu. Let's help each other out. Help me help you to help me put my friend here back together. He's in rough shape."<i></i> He sighed. "I need a little help with my metallic arm. Need to replace something but I'll look after it. I just need you to unwire something for me, and then re-wire it when I've got the replacement done."<i></i> Harupia's wounds were closing, but for the next set of wounds to close he would need both hands to patch up his friend even further. Sousuke closed his eyes and reached out to the metal around them. He willed a pipe off of a stairway to tear off and towards them. "Upper left section of my arm. There's a torn pipe. Slowly pull it out. Don't hurt yourself, just take it nice and slow. When you get to the end of it, twist it thirty degrees. It'll cut itself out."<i></i> With his natural hand Sousuke began reworking the metallic pipe he had gotten out into a new wire. "Feed this into the pathway into the arm. Wait for a click to be heard before pushing it further. Keep going until it stops. Think of this like a vein of sorts. I can feed chakra into it... to make it move accordingly."<i></i> He hoped what he said was making sense "I know a small bit of medical jutsu. I'll patch you up too. You probably tore a muscle dragging us here."<i></i> He paused. "Thanks."<i></i> He added shortly after. Sousuke closed his eyes. His mind painted the words Shouki had written. "Mass murdering psychopath down here. Hrmph. He doesn't plan on escaping. Have to narrow down the areas he would most likely operate out of. Crowded area. Somewhere large. I've tried cleaning up the streets lately. Problematic. He slipped in. Might be working alone. Might not be. Most of the Cabal members have been arrested."<i></i> Sousuke was ruling out loud what his options were. "We're in Rat City. There'll be something of use here to get me on my feet."<i></i> Sousuke would recover by drinking in the shadows around him. It was something he could do to stablize himself. He didn't have time to go to a hospital. He had to save Shiori, the Stranger, and keep her newly discovered son safe.

MFT

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It didn't take much more of the man speaking before a sudden chill ran up the boy's spine. A tingling sensation played at the base of his skull, followed by a sensation much like ice-water being poured over the brain. The concept of love had been something apparently avoided up until Sousuke brought it up, and all it did was feel absolutely horrifying. Did the ghost of a child even know what love was? Did he love his original mother before he was separated from her? Could he even claim such massive emotion for a woman he'd met hours earlier in the day? It would be a stretch. Still, there was something inside him that begged to be reunited with Shiori if only to see her safe.

Furthermore, it left him flabbergasted to think that in her last moments of consciousness this strange women begged for his safety. Did that mean she had grown to love him so quickly? Why? He was ugly. Weak. There was nothing exceptional about him in the slightest, and his albinism wasn't a cute form either. It was the epitome of a lack of essential genes necessary for the body to process energy and convert it, to fight off the elements, no this wasn't aesthetic...By all means he seemed to be the runt of some bitch's litter that defied the laws of physics. At any moment he would keel over, and in the dead silence a soft wheezing could be heard. He was bleeding inside, but healing on his own to some degree after however long ago it had been inflicted. It helped to make his voice all the more raspy and rattled than it already would have been.

The veins on the side of his face, spider-webbing towards his eyes were becoming more visible. Not due to being raised or swelling, but an increase in activity. He listened intently with those red gel-like irises of his floating and wobbling around a solid pupil. He would come to the understanding that Sousuke loved Shiori dearly, as a cousin, and a member of his beloved family. Blood meant nothing in that sense to Sousuke, the young man could see it clearly on his face. Family was those who cared about you and whom you cared about just as deeply, that bond of love was elevated beyond the trivialities of personal romance. It was a love founded in benevolence and purity, camaraderie and fellowship. Something involving the true common good, something Makeinu knew virtually nothing about. The interesting network of glowing lines reminded Makeinu of himself a lot, and it was at that moment the wounded warrior would point out their similarities.

It was true, most of it any way. When the hospital got really cold at night, he felt his joints aching and hurting. Especially his left knee, it was the worst for acting up even in the middle of the day. He wasn't sure, how it all happened but he was sure a number of his bones had broken and healed several times before he ever reached Sunagakure all those months ago. Every move he made caused him some sort of difficulty, and grabbing anything with his right hand was virtually impossible. He did it any way, and felt that his grip had been strengthening a little...Until Mikaboshi that was, not it was basically useless for holding anything heavy without tearing itself apart. It was with mainly his left hand that he dragged each man with, taking his time switching between both. His right barely had the strength to close itself.

The shadows that had become Sousuke's shroud reminded the boy of the Dark Lord, and would have made him uncomfortable if it weren't for the man's demeanor. Something about Sousuke just seemed good, at least that he wanted to do all the right things. It reminded him of a comic, one he used to read some time ago, but the time eluded him. Comics? He read those? Did that imply he was normal at some point, or at least introduced to the material somehow? He remembered tales about heroes, ones who had to struggle against impossible odds and everything falling apart around them. They pushed for what they felt to be right and didn't submit to their circumstances while helping others to be free of oppression. He had wanted to be like that. Someone who could help even though the world was fucked up. Did that mean his world had always been a bad one? His head ached.

Snapped back to reality by Sousuke's requests, he nodded in agreement. Moving closer, but taking his time not to really invade the man's personal space, he watched the metal pipe react to Sousuke's will. It was like another punch in the gut, a reminder of who he was and whom he was amongst. Shiori was not human by any means, he saw that back in the prison. She told him about how she ate souls to survive, bad people but souls nonetheless. What exactly was a soul any way? It was often spoken of and never gone in depth about anywhere. No one seemed to care. Shiori did not. She called that demon Mikaboshi her brother while they both spoke of human like lower life-forms right before his eyes. Shiori wasn't in entire agreement with him, but it was clear she counted not herself among the human ranks.

His memories became clearer as he remembered Sousuke's name being brought up, he was the one Mikaboshi had called "Steward" only to be identified by Shiori seconds later. The things adults said in front of children, forgetting how they were little sponges that drank in everything against their will. It was because of this "Steward" that there was a pact allowing for the "Apes" to be safe from Mikaboshi's vengeful wrath. The rest was talk of terrestrials, celestials, lords and things completely out of the boy's understanding just before Shiori would dislocate her very jaw with a sickening pop that sounded fresh in the boys mind even in the present. He remembered the power of her voice, and how it threatened to rival Mikaboshi's shadows. He followed Sousuke's instructions while collecting his thoughts.

He removed the torn piece and replaced it steadily, all with his left hand gingerly aided by a right hand with virtually no moving fingers. He did not flinch or show signs of pain, it had become too familiar over the passed few hours. Crying or whining about anything never seemed to help anyone, any of the patients, nor Makeinu himself his first few days of incoherent frustration. Twisting it a precise thirty degrees he wondered where he learned what a thirty degree angle was, but kept on. As he heard the wire click into Sousuke's arm he came to the conclusion that Shiori was only taken due to having to conceal her abilities. The scene of the battle showed no signs of what she was capable of from the little he'd glimpsed, and yet he remembered Sousuke's claim to her final request. She wasn't like Mikaboshi, even if she wanted to be. "Don't worry 'bout it." He mumbled with a shrug in response to the mention of his own condition.

He was worthless at any rate. He hadn't a single skill to his name that would help him retrieve Shiori, not that he acknowledge or knew any way. He knew not a single Ninjutsu technique, nor even understood the ways of Chakra. He had no combat training to recall upon, and his stupid attempt at assaulting Mikaboshi was a bizarre attempt at probably getting himself killed for a cause he believed in. He hadn't much to live for, but Shiori seemed genuinely interested in keeping him around. He cared about her too, and when Mikaboshi talked down to her it hit a nerve the boy never knew he had. He looked down at the mangled skin on the knuckles of his right hand, remembering how they smashed into Mikaboshi's chest armor to no effect aside.

Once he was finished everything Sousuke asked of him, he had come to the conclusion that he wouldn't say anything about Shiori or Mikaboshi. He could tell that his mother had some sort of relationship with Mikaboshi that he doubted a man like Sousuke would understand. Not that he himself understood it, but he didn't want to get her into trouble. He didn't want to get in anyone's way at all. Now he had no choice in the matter, and likely less choice of it in the future if he became a Shinobi. "Rat City..." He muttered, logging it into his mind. There were a few things bothering him, but namely he didn't want to let Sousuke know that he had no training or combat skills. He feared it would cause him to be rejected or turned away from further participating in Shiori's rescue, but it was likely to happen any way. In truth, everything he was keeping from Sousuke would come to light sooner or later, he knew it. Some things sooner than later. "Would be cool if you could give me powers and let me go save her myself, huh? Us being cousins and all." He joked a little, grinning behind his mask but it showed on his eyes somehow. It didn't seem like he was as distressed as he should have been considering his condition and the tragedies taking place all around him. He clearly wasn't happy, but something was optimistic about him.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sharingan Kuro stood at five feet, ten inches, weighing in at two hundred and eighty pounds. Kuro’s silver gray mane of hair had a reasonable amount of muscle mass to conceal. With a twenty one inch neck Kuro’s hair couldn’t conceal very much even as it cascaded to the center of his upper back. Violet eyes with gold slits peered from a chocolate brow with large ebony horns growing from where a normal man’s temples would be. He wore a sand tone obi around his thirty six inch waist. The obi allowed Kuro to carry his honor blade in a specialized bone sheath. Kuro wore his battle pouch on a second sash just above his right hip. Adjacent his sacred blade Kuro wore a pair of collapsed fuuma shuriken, and last but not least Kuro wore his leg sheath on the interior of his hakama just atop his fighting gi shorts with his ANBU serum and summon scrolls. A convenient cut in the silk cloth of his left hakama pants leg allowed Kuro full access to his ANBU gear without showing exactly where it was till he motioned to grab it. Securing his anbu arm guards and leggings Kuro covered the runic terran markings of his hand and leg wraps. Kuro’s tail swished back and forth its tiger stripes faintly surging with chakra. His black gi top concealed his overly muscular upper body.

Chouryoku Kuro stood at five feet, ten inches, weighing in at two hundred and eighty pounds. Identical to Sharingan Kuro except for his clothing/gear and his eyes. He wore a sand tone obi around his thirty six inch waist. The obi allowed Chouryoku Kuro to carry his scrolls. Kuro wore his battle pouch on a second sash just above his right hip. Adjacent his scrolls were a set wraps and light amounts of medical equipment, the majority of which sat in his leg sheath on the interior of his hakama just atop his fighting gi shorts with his water bladders and sealing scrolls. Chouryoku Kuro was also covered by runic terran markings of his hand and leg wraps. Chouryoku Kuro’s tail swished back and forth its tiger stripes faintly surging with chakra. His black gi top seemed to hum as he moved about.

Sanryoukyougan Kuro also stood at five feet, ten inches, weighing in at two hundred and eighty pounds. Identical to Chouryoku Kuro except for his clothing/gear and his eyes. He wore a large armored belt across his chest and a thick, sandwyrm leather support belt. The armored belt allowed Sanryoukyougan Kuro to carry a massive sword with its accompanying sheath. This Kuro also wore his battle pouch on a second sash just above his right hip. Adjacent his medical scrolls were a set of medical tools wrapped in sterilized cloths and protective leathers. A moderate amount of medical equipment was placed strategically around his waist and down his legs in armored compartments. Sanryoukyougan Kuro was also covered by runic terran markings but instead of wraps he wore reinforced leather armor. Chouryoku Kuro’s tail swished back and forth its tiger stripes faintly surging with chakra. His off white leather jerkin carried a heavy metallic scent.

Chouryoku Kuro arrived his heightened sense of hearing had only barely caught the sounds of battle but the surge of emotion from Harupia and Sousuke gave him more than enough reason to come back near the roadways leading to the Obsidian Palace since its recent restoration to use after the Cabal's efforts. Sensing the two severely injured nin with a pale child caused him a great deal of worry so Sanryokyougan Kuro, and Sharingan Kuro were quickly summoned. "Sousuke, Harupia, I sensed your psychic distress, if you allow me a quick look into either of your minds I can leave my healer here while I track down the threat. I take it from the expressions on your faces that you still want a piece of this being?"<i></i> With a swift change Sharingan Kuro activated his enhanced eyesight to begin gathering details on what he was dealing with. Their wounds were oddly placed and matching, the chakra resonance was dense and tainted with the divine wrath of a dark god. Kuro had seen this before, the bodies recovered from the main gate, it was a cabal agent. Saiga had honor but this one was a psychopath with intense powers but he had harmed those Kuro cared about and now this cabal agent would pay the ultimate price. Chouryoku Kuro focused his hearing around the surrounding area listening for any abnormal sounds while Sharingan Kuro looked over the injuries. Sanryokyougan Kuro drew his sacred blade and used it to cast healing jutsu over their ravaged bodies. Slowly the tomoe in Sharingan Kuro's eyes became his version of Mangekyou Sharingan as he prepared to use his limited ocular/psychic powers to grasp a firm picture of who and what he was dealing with and what was necessary to track the target. The surge of chakra began to become a dense bio energy as he began to channel healing energies through his blade to ensure their bodies returned to a fully functional state.

WC: 320
MFT
editted for missing descriptions...

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
A few hours ago, while Sousuke, Harupia, Shiori and Naikishin were unconscious after their defeat at the hand of Shouki...
[col]
mz6mXet.jpg

Shouki
|
rB6JRiS.jpg

Fuu
[/col]

"Oracle," Shouki exhaled as he pointed the tip of his blade at an unconscious Shiori's heart. "Why have you returned?" There was an ethic that many of his cohorts shared, a distaste for a dishonorable kill or the fate of an 'innocent.' Surely these shinobi were far from innocent, but that would be a debate of semantics.

"Your father sent me to retrieve you," a woman's voice answered from beyond the threshold. She had followed him to the hotel, the same hotel that now housed the torture chamber being used on Shiori and Naikishin. "You were not difficult to find, the chatter and the whispers left in your wake. You never needed to leave a trail of bodies to be found, but you were never trying to hide,"</B><i></i> she announced as she entered the basement.

Shouki dropped his giantblade against the wall of the basement. She was not looking for a fight, or if she was she was not looking for anything he could not handle if the order came from him. Her skill-set was... unusual, difficult for him to combat. She was not without perceived weakness of course, but he would be a fool to test a theory out of curiosity alone. Shouki returned to work, he was busy, wrapping wire around Naikishin's wrists, pulling them taut as he bound each limb to the corresponding leg and and arm of the chair. He, being the greater threat of the two from what he saw in terms of breaking free and trying to escape. He took the blade the swordsman had clutched so tightly and handed it to the Oracle. "I am busy with my honeymoon, so unless you brought the champagne and oysters I am sure these ladies would prefer some privacy,"<i></i> Shouki announced as he looked into her eyes for a moment too long before he relinquished the weapon.

"Such witty repartee Mister Ishii, but I have not come to exchange entertaining persiflage with you... Again, I have been consigned to you by your father to ensure your safe return,"<i></i> the woman announced. She did not seem happy or sad, in fact she seemed to be rather neutral to the situation as she entered the basement. Her eyes scanned the small room, resting momentarily on both Naikishin and Shiori before looking at the table. The table was empty as of yet, but she could guess what it would soon house. There was one shinobi already nearly secured to a chair, the other unconscious on the floor. "This is antithetical to your usual standard Mister Ishii,"<i></i> she added as if she was announcing something that was barely more than a curiosity as she pulled a large sketchbook out from under her arm and started to draw the scene before her. "But we mustn't dally any longer Mister Ishii, we must be on our way."

"Don't act so formal with me Fuu, I thought we were friends,"<i></i> Shouki laughed as he draped his arm over the woman's shoulder. It appeared that she lost a full inch from the burden of his arm's weight alone.

"I would rather maintain our formal arrangement Mister Ishii,"<i></i> Fuu replied in monotone as she bent her knees and escaped from under his arm. "Again, I am here to bring you home so please complete this dalliance of yours... quickly"<i></i> she waved "you are needed with the Sovereign and your father will is not one to be tested."<i></i> She warned as she clapped her book closed, her sketched scene complete.

"No can do, I am waiting for their rescue team,"<i></i> Shouki replied with a shrug.

"Illogical," Fuu contended describing his 'plan' in a single word. She crossed her arms over her chest and sat on the edge of the table, alongside the ball peen hammer. "You are telling me that you are antagonizing a response team and waiting for an antiphon,"<i></i> Fuu sighed. "I know you are a better strategist than this," her arm swept in front of her to insinuate she meant the basement and the victims and the hotel that was not that hard to find. "You are a man dancing on the edge of a cliff with a blindfold on,"<i></i> she warned as she placed her book on her lap. She had a stern look on her face, the kind you would expect more from a parent than a peer or a confidant.

"Tie that one back up before she wakes back up, I don't want to kill her by mistake,"<i></i> Shouki ordered, his voice seemed to be laced with annoyance as the Oracle prodded.

"So you are not looking to kill them, what are you trying to extract from them?"<i></i> Fuu asked

"A need for vengeance so deep that my death alone would not suffice,"<i></i> Shouki replied as he started to rummage through the tools on the table.

"So you are looking to anger Sunagakure for what ends? When you lead the army, you will have a more than suitable challenge,"<i></i> Fuu protested.

"True, but Sunagakure has one weapon left unaccounted for and perhaps never considered. We will lose if they ever realize what they have under their feet,"<i></i> Shouki announced cryptically. The woman raised an arched brow at the statement but said nothing in response. "But, even in the absence of this 'threat' I think I have also earned a little bit of fun."<i></i> Shouki was a monster, the real kind. His face was human, but not the expression on harbored. That look of feral glee as he explained, "I have never felt so alive as I did when I waited at those gates. Those Jounins never stood a chance, they murdered themselves while I barely lifted a finger. I crucified their remains and left them to rot in the sun. I was waiting for the Kazekage... as ordered, disallowing him entry until the time was right but that was no fun,"<i></i> Shouki pouted as he pointed to the downward slope of the corners of his lips. "He was weak, like a noodle in armor but he was willing to play my game. I deserve a playmate, but playing with him in his present state would be as interesting as playing chess with a three year old autistic child."<i></i> Shouki stated as he pointed at himself self-importantly. "That is where ...my ring came in,"<i></i> Shouki revealed. "I gave him my ring,"<i></i> and he gazed at Fuu's chest. "And it would seem that you have misplaced yours as well my dear..." His voice trailed off as he sneered at her before continuing with his previous point. "He failed to harness it in our subsequent battle and I defeated him and three of his allies summarily,"<i></i> Shouki sighed, his voice laced with annoyance. "The game is not fun if nobody can come close to my level or they fail to try."<i></i>

"Then practice with the Sovereign... any one of them would be like seven shinobi combined,"<i></i> Fuu advised, her arms crossed over her chest. As an Oracle she had a position in this matter, one of neutrality but as with all humans there is an innate goodness and evil within them. This screamed 'wrong' to Fuu, but her ethics as a woman would have to be set aside as they had so many times before. "So, you took these people because you felt that they held value to the Kazekage,"<i></i> she concluded. "The fear of their plight would somehow compel the Steward to reach a new pinnacle of power when he seeks vengeance."<i></i> The Oracle shook her head quietly, "what assurances do you have that he won't win? You are not one to desire death. You are also not a sadist,"<i></i> she reminded him.

"The fact that I cannot die tends to be a decent ace in the hole I would say,"<i></i> Shouki replied grimly.

"This is a cruel game you wish to play Mister Ishii. The value of your victims is contingent on the value of the Stewards sentiments. It rejects the inherent significance of those you have taken. I assume that you are seeking to cause visible signs of distress?"<i></i> Fuu drummed her fingers on the leather face of the book. "That is torture in a way, something that could be achieved so many other ways -- it seems like your idea of torture is associated with your own personal yearning. For a man that cannot feel pain, your projection of it onto others is an outlet for you... an excuse."<i></i> Fuu assessed. "Are you truly going to break their bodies and then return them to the Steward in hopes of your sick 'reward'?"<i></i>

Shouki let out a laugh as Fuu 'figured him out.' He reached for a small ballpeen hammer and shoved it into his pocket and straddled Isaki's lap as he searched him for any hidden weapons. Whatever he found being stuffed into his own pockets. "Pain reminds me that I am alive, I can feel pain just fine... I just find the sensation ...orgasmic."<i></i>

"But you prefer to be on the receiving end, there is no gains for you in this futile exercise,"<i></i> Fuu reminded him. "You are a liar and without true variables I cannot determine the future,"<i></i> Fuu explained.

"I have given you my reasons and I am not interested in your skill as an Oracle, they will be here eventually but I cannot know when... I said, tie that one up,"<i></i> Shouki reminded her as he nodded in the direction of Shiori and pulled himself off of the skill unconscious Isaki.

"No. You know as well as I that I am not to intervene, rather chronicle the last days of this empire... not your last days Ishii,"<i></i> Fuu warned, her eyes burned as she emitted the semblance of emotion.

"Then, as it is part of your creed... send the Steward a message for me."<i></i> Shouki offered as he backhanded her hard enough to cause her to stagger back. Their difference in size was rather obvious at that moment, Shouki was like a giant in contrast to the middle-aged white-haired woman that stood before him. She was average in height by most standards. She staggered back and hit the far wall.

"Don't make me fight you," Fuu warned as she regained her posture and slid her legs into a defensive stance.

"I have no intention of, I was simply allowing you the opportunity to make a risk-benefit analysis of the situation. You cannot take me alive, and your chances of victory over me are what... seventy-two percent if I recall, meaning you have a 28 percent chance of failure and victory does not mean alive. Those chances are so diminutive, I shudder to consider..."<i></i> Shouki leered.

"Fourteen percent," Fuu announced.

"Which also means a fourteen percent chance that YOU will survive this ordeal as well. You know how father feels about failure,"<i></i> Shouki reminded her as he scribbled a note on a scrap of paper and passed it to her. "Tell the Steward where I am, what I am about to do and give them this. It is time for him to make a choice."<i></i>

A bruise had already begun to form over Fuu's left eye and cheekbone as she accepted the note. "Fourty-two percent," she muttered as she took the note and backed away.

Fuu left the seedy hotel then, a note concealed within the pages of her leather-bound tome. She would have to make a brief detour before she returned home. This was troublesome... so utterly troublesome. That statistics were perhaps in her, but victory was not assured. Probabilities change as new variables are revealed. She left the Black Market, moving with a brisk pace and keeping to the shadows she stopped and listened. She watched and she waited. She knew the path taken by Shouki because he was a rather large man carrying the burden of two shinobis on his back. It terminated at the hotel and the genesis was the Obsidian, it was back to there she traversed. The mention of a sickly child, the kind that most would expect to hear survived the genocide of their people from what she heard was seen dragging two men from the Obsidian Palace. She stopped and asked, they pointed but beyond that she learned little of relevance. She expected the description of their injuries or the superficial lack thereof. The bruising pattern consistent with multiple attacks and styles.

She tightened her leather duster and pulled up her collar as pursued the cooling path of the Steward. She stopped and a curious scene. A felled man, a weakened young man in armor that she assumed might be the Steward and a sickly child. The grouping was improbable, but there was rarely assurances. All the same, she approached without hesitation. One of four things would happen once she engaged them:
  1. </FONTFACE>[*]They would attack her and she would be the victim of an interrogation.
    [*]They would listen to what she had to say and allow her to leave of her own accord as long as she did not show a propensity for violence.
    [*]They would kill her once her identity was revealed.
    [*]<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">They would seek to make an alliance with her.

"Steward KazeKage Takahashi Sousuke the III," Fuu announced, her large sketchbook clasped in both hands before her. <B>"I have been sent by Ishii Shouki to send you a message,"<i></i> Fuu added but her voice shook as she said the words. This being the pivotal moment in how Sousuke would respond. "I know where Ishii is keeping the prisoners,"<i></i> Fuu added quickly hopefully before Sousuke had a chance to respond. However, if he did attack before she had the chance to say as much she would not say this but the course of events that would surely follow would go another direction entirely.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Power cannot be destroyed or created. It can only be transferred. Even then with great power comes great responsibility."<i></i> Sousuke exhaled. His mechanical arm began to move once again. The damage was present, but it was still operational. His fingers curled up. The joints were working. Each finger seemed to be responsive. This would have to do. For now. With some difficulty Sousuke got on his feet. His shroud cloaking himself. He had to keep his visible injuries to a minimum. "I suppose it would be cool to give you the power to do what is necessary, but it takes time to get used to a power set so you don't make mistakes and hurt the people you're trying to protect."<i></i> He hesitated, "Transferring power to you makes me responsible over you, and I am already trying to make good on my responsibility. It would be reckless... and I certainly wouldn't want to disappoint your mother any further."<i></i> Sousuke left Harupia there. He was certainly in alot better---

"Sousuke, Harupia, I sensed your psychic distress, if you allow me a quick look into either of your minds I can leave my healer here while I track down the threat. I take it from the expressions on your faces that you still want a piece of this being?"<i></i>

The two were interrupted by Kuro who seemingly just happened to be by. Sousuke seemingly rejected the healing. Either that or merely Kuro's healing techniques were ineffective. Should Kuro tried to get into Sousuke's head he would be denied. In the mind's eye Kuro would simply see a great darkness, and a pair of green glowing eyes denying him entry. "It's not that simple Kuro, he needs to be mentally dissected. Worked out. Equated. Then he needs to be brought down to the lowest common denominator, and then dealt with accordingly."<i></i> Sousuke turned his head to the side. "No psychic entries either. That's a two way door, and you have no idea who might be listening on the other side should someone be compromised."<i></i> Sousuke's eyes narrowed as he looked skyward. This was going to be exceedingly difficult. He did not reveal Makeinu's identity to Kuro. That would have been problematic. This was--

Sousuke would then be interrupted a second time. This time by a woman. He exhaled. He drew the shadows to him. Few people addressed him in the formal. It was something he didn't like overly. He seemingly ignored her for a solid three minutes. His gaze merely continued to be at nothing at first. He seemed to be soaking this in. "Damn."<i></i> He simply stated. He still hadn't made eye contact with the woman. Several things were starting to fall into place here. It was another moment before he spoke again. "Shouki is related to the one of the Daimyos. Things are making a lot of sense now."<i></i> He said to no one in particular. Sousuke had noted the woman's voice was shaking. "You've expecting something of me. The result you will find to be disappointing. I seem to be an expert at that as of late. While you've revealed the situation and that you're aware of their whereabouts, you've also given me information... that is most revealing of this entire charade? Mess? Long time riddle. Radical conclusions are being drawn, but in essence once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. Shouki is chaotically complex. You would expect someone of his heritage to be ... different. That being said the old rule of those with the most power, have the least grace... stands."<i></i> He observed. Yes. That is how usually these things went. A pause of sorts. "There is the probability of this being a trap of sorts. There is also the probability of this being true. There is also the more unlikely option of you being Shouki in disguise. He seems to enjoy sick twisted games."<i></i> He blinked slowly. "I will, of course, play the game. Show me... there is of course the small detail of yourself. Small, unlooked by others, and seemingly most curious. Enlighten me of your own particulars. They are not in line with that of the sender. I find it very strange that moral insanity has employed a messanger of ... seeming, at least in first regards, one of a lesser or no present insanity. That is of course remaining, as people change based on their surroundings, to be seen."<i></i> The messenger would not be shot, but inquired upon. A hand had been dealt to the Steward by a dealer. Not all the cards have been in play.

(MFT)

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He got a little more than he bargained for with Sousuke's reply to his idle and perhaps reckless request. It wasn't the type of answer the boy would get from any of the others he'd met since his awakening, most assuredly not from the more or less near-mythic beings he'd encountered on the present day either. It was a little ironic that Shiori, whom they were trying to rescue fell into such a category. It would seem as though the lessons of power would be brushed off by the child, who merely shrugged. In actuality it was just a matter of letting something of such magnitude have a chance to dwell in his psyche and marinate his brain with it. More or less the rejection was what he noted, and didn't really understand. As far as he knew the man just didn't think the boy could handle it, which would have been entirely true. He didn't care less if it was going to disappoint Shiori, so long as it brought her back alive, but dire situations had a way of making thought unclear to most.

The growing heat within the core of his body alerted him to a change within himself, he tried to stuff it back down into the abyss of his soul. Jaws remained locked and tightened behind the security of his gas mask, the only keepsake of the person most responsible for his continued existence, the enigmatic but dead courier. Having not had the chance to do much introspection or master the art of self-understanding, it was a mystery to him why his mood was sinking so fast. All he knew was that his heart hurt in a way that was far from physical, and the weight of the world began to push down on his delicate shoulders. Having found himself standing back in his original position, unconsciously moving back away from Sousuke and anyone else. Something felt comforting about the shadows that draped over him, but he could not command them like Sousuke did with the shadows that formed his current shroud. He was still badly injured, and the metallic taste of blood remained on his lip. His breathing was little more than a wheeze as it rattled his damaged lungs and body minutely. "It's not like-" Finally speaking after being shot down, he would pause as he heard the approach of many feet.

What stepped out of the darkness caused the boy to step back just a bit more, his back suddenly pressing against the old boarded up door of the abandoned location. It wasn't something he did on purpose, but the three figures that came seemed completely alien to him. The amount of sheer muscle and strength that exuded from their being was belittling. Each of the three were easily taller than either Sousuke or the unnamed Harupia who remained in a deep sleep. The dark skin each of them sported reminded him of the courier, and furthermore of someone else, but his head began to ache thinking about it. The skin had been the only familiar trait, everything else from the horns to the bushy flowing silvery mane was a first admitted even by his subconscious. The boy himself was unaware of Bloodlines and things of that nature, so the warped red eyes of the leader didn't tell him anything. Makeinu's eyes were almost neon and gel-like, the crimson apparently threatening to glow at any moment and yet never doing so. His pupils weren't like this man's though, and that changed the whole thing even more. It was when the one seemingly sporting a few medical supplies Makeinu recognized from the hospital that Harupia's name was finally absorbed.

The horns and the flickering tail that whipped through the air in a serpentine manner really sealed the deal, that wherever the boy was in this village, he was surrounded by monsters that made him insignificant. As the triplets spoke with Sousuke, Makeinu noticed one of them raising his weapon which gave a soft glow. Sousuke was cautious, warning against some sort of psychic ability of the triplets, whom Sousuke himself referred to by a singular name. He didn't know why, but his hands and body were trembling and he couldn't stop it. The healing seemed to do nothing at all for the Steward, but Makeinu felt some of his wounds closing but the most strange and tingling sensation throughout his body. He was getting better it seemed, but at the same time complications would occur. His body wasn't equipped or capable of absorbing much energy, the crippling deficiencies of his weak cells threatened to burst. The only sign of this would be a stream of blood pouring out from his left nostril, over his mask, and onto the floor drop after drop. Raising a hand to his forehead and quickly covering himself in more darkness as he noticed, he wanted to run away. He didn't want them to see him falling apart.

Naturally this all would be stopped by the arrival of yet another person, a she was slender with alabaster hair and a rather tame disposition in comparison to all present. She ignored just about everyone else with little regard for even he trio of monstrous shinobi who had just arrived. It was made clear that she was involved in the kidnapping of Shiori, only for Sousuke to leave her hanging. He ignored her just as coldly as she ignored everyone else, letting silence blanket them all before he began to verbalize his deductions. With the healing technique having subsided for a while, he felt that much of what was damaged before was better, and with the foreign energy no longer seeping in his body filtered it out through his pores steadily in an unseen manner. Had he been alone, like when it was just him and Shiori inside the prisons, he might have rushed her even without hope of success. However; it would have been completely idiotic when there were a great number of more capable people surrounding him. He'd feel like a coward barking up only when those stronger than him were around, and so stayed silent for a bit more.

He didn't realize it, but his consciousness was slipping. The toll on his body and his cells from both the damage and the healing was making it harder to stand, but he tried to hold on. "This is stupid..." He couldn't resist, stepping forward on a wobbly leg. "Just stab this bitch until she screams where Shiori is." With that, his eyes lost their light while remaining open and he fell forward down the short flight of steps and onto the ground. Unconscious yet again. Epilepsy was starting to become a suspect if one didn't know any better. Kuro would have likely felt the turbulence within his emotions throughout the entire ordeal, and the resentment for his own weakness. Now, well all that anger slipped away into another realm following his mind as it left his body. "Damn it." Were his last thought. It was evident that he couldn't go on no matter how much he wanted to, he would be nothing more than a liability at present. He needed to be taken elsewhere before they moved on.

[MFT - Unconscious so as not to hold up anyone much longer, rushed the last bits as the library is about to close. Feel free to have him dropped at Sousuke's or just about anywhere else. Once I'm able to touch back I'll have to do something a bit different. Holding up others isn't something I enjoy the thought of doing. Proceed my friends.]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Steward KazeKage Takahashi Sousuke the III," Fuu announced, her large sketchbook clasped in both hands before her. "I have been sent by Ishii Shouki to send you a message,"<i></i> Fuu added but her voice shook as she said the words. This being the pivotal moment in how Sousuke would respond. "I know where Ishii is keeping the prisoners,"<i></i> Fuu added quickly hopefully before Sousuke had a chance to respond. However, if he did attack before she had the chance to say as much she would not say this but the course of events that would surely follow would go another direction entirely.
~ Unknown woman

"This is stupid...", stepping forward on a wobbly leg. "Just stab this bitch until she screams where Shiori is." With that, his eyes lost their light while remaining open and he fell forward down the short flight of steps and onto the ground. Unconscious yet again. ~ Makeinu

A woman approached in a calculated and defensive manner, she obviously did not want to be anywhere near the Steward and she did not notice him so it set Kuro down the path of thinking she must be Cabal affiliated. No matter, she wasn't a clear and present threat. The child was spirited Kuro would give him that, but obviously under far more duress than his body could account for. There was a strange lack of presence within the child and his body was under a severe amount of deficiencies. Chouryoku Kuro spoke up... " My healer will take the child and Harupia to the medical facility,in the meanwhile my Sentinel and I will shall accompany you to recover Lady Shiori. We can continue your recovery along the way Lord Sousuke. As for you mystery woman, please be so kind as to lead us to this troublesome being so that we might give him all he asks for and more. From your tone I take it you don't like this Shouki?"<i></i>

Sanryoukyougan Kuro scooped up Makeinu gently placing him on his right shoulder as he would a young child, he was surprisingly light, yet strung with dense tissues here and there. He then grasped Harupia by the belt and hoisted him atop his left shoulder. Harupia had seen much better days but these two would both live. With a nod to Sousuke one aspect was off to the medical facility. Using a moderate speed so as not to cause either of them injury by jostling unseen wounds.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The final seconds of the fight kept repeating themselves in his head over and over. Shouki finally deciding to move in...swinging his blade and cutting deep into his flesh, making he pain flaring up from his earlier curse grow more...all the other laying deal, him trying to think of something, anything. His flesh being ripped apart, and that smug, self-important, annoying voice, whispering into his ear, slithering into it like a disgusting snake. It was all a game to him...flashes of all the bodies Harupia himself had laid to rest...some peacefully, some quite violently...the Djinn attacking, the Kazekage tower blowing up, all the maniacs he had to put down to secure the village...why was this one suddenly so though? And why did he have this urge to pull out his tongue and wrap it around his neck?

Something was brewing deep inside of him, ever since he helped Kuro by the gates. At times it gave him strength, helped him heal, but then it caused him pain, sometimes mild, sometimes to the point that he wanted to heave. Still it wasn’t something he could fully control, something that was clawing fighting against him for some reason. His mind was being ravaged by flashbacks and incomprehensible vision's, but there was one constant. A nagging chorus of voices telling him to get up. Calmly, urgently, lovingly, angrily, but they kept telling him to wake up, with growing intensity as time went on.

He was passed out as the young boy carried him out and Sousuke towards the Palais. He was mostly out of it as Sousuke patched his wounds. Once he heard a new voice boom through his mind his body convulse, the sudden eruption of Kuro's psychic link. Though still on the verge of conscious, he started to hear people speaking..."I know where Ishii is keeping the prisoners""Shouki is related to the one of the Daimyos", "stab the bitch until she tells where Shiori is..." And it was still mingling with the images right before he fell unconscious, the bite of the blade, the whippers of the one who cut him down. As he felt himself being propped on a strong shoulders, he muttered in a coarse voice "If we're going for Shouki...then I’m staying here" and attempted to push with his body as much as he could against the moderate speed of Kuro's presence, even though moving still caused him pain. If Sousuke could be brought up to good enough shape to stand then so would he. He would be there to see Shouki fall...

Mft, Wc=425
Not so Dynamic Entry x.x Also attempting to not be exited from the topic

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
late fix... (pops self on the back of the head)
Sanryoukyougan Kuro had just started off to the medical center when Harupia began to stir and mentioned he wanted to face Shouki as well. Quickly setting him down and administering both angelic blessing and regeneration before setting off again. He responded without hesitation with a renewed sense of pride... "Let no one stand in your way Harupia, not even me, use everything in you to respond to a threat unless it is a matter of pride or teaching a lesson you should never hold back and even in matters of pride you will occasionally find it necessary to use everything you have. You are no longer just yourself, you are stronger than any threat that rears its head at you now. Use ALL of your strength Harupia... I will be there for you when you call for a healer."<i></i> Having been at a subdued pace Harupia was only ten yards away from Sousuke's position where he was speaking with Fuu and could easily make it back on his own.
My apologies Haru... thought you were down like Makeinu

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

Fuu
The Oracle

Such a motley crew: A demonic set of triplets in the company of the Steward Kazekage, a sickly child and an unconscious man with a familiar pattern of injuries that she had seen thrice... no, four times. They must have encountered Shouki once already like the unfortunate duo he was restraining in the basement. It seemed odd to her that he only took the two and left others unless he needed them alive. Cautious assessment is necessary for self-preservation, a skill she had quite the aptitude for much like her coadjutors. There was a contumelious subtlety to Shouki's plan from what she had already surmised -- a avidity to actively antagonize these men in some sort of sick an twisted game.

"Damn."</B><i></i>

The Steward Kazekage muttered, perhaps lost in his own thoughts. He had not fixed his gaze on her, a sign that he was not ready to attack just yet. This was a relief, as she watched him still - his throbbing carotid and the movement of his musculature. Her attentive eyes monitoring for any sudden movements as she tensed in anticipation. There was something queerly liberating about this paucity of certainty.

"Shouki is related to the one of the Daimyos. Things are making a lot of sense now."</B><i></i>

Sousuke was only beginning to put the pieces of this puzzle together, the scope and the breadth of the happenstances that led her here and the calamities he... they would still have to endure would be beyond their comprehension. They Diamyo's plans and Aburabuta's treachery were only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, the Cabal a mere catalyst. There were now stirrings among the civilians and a growing sense of dubiety among the Merchant Lords that they would have to contend with. The residual wrath of the Ancients, such as the Deep Court Lord that Sunagakure so famously houses would one day prove to be a greater liability than asset. And here they were, these soon to be hero's or forgotten soldiers, faced with with adversity and a political game that they had been a part of for years without ever knowing. For now, what he knew was simple: the sociopath known merely as 'Shouki' was affiliated with one of the most powerful men in Wind Country. A truth she could not confirm or deny.

"You've expecting something of me. The result you will find to be disappointing. I seem to be an expert at that as of late. While you've revealed the situation and that you're aware of their whereabouts, you've also given me information... that is most revealing of this entire charade? Mess? Long time riddle. Radical conclusions are being drawn, but in essence once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. Shouki is chaotically complex. You would expect someone of his heritage to be ... different. That being said the old rule of those with the most power, have the least grace... stands."<i></i>

That much was true, 'chaos' perhaps not the correct term, but from his perspective it did apply. Everything Shouki has said or done up until this point has been a calculated action. Cruelty was in his nature more than in any other, it was in every man. Who would want to be the nail rather than the hammer... the snail rather than the sparrow? Sadism was not Shouki's preference, it as masochism but Lord Jashin does not care from where or who the blood is taken, yet what she saw in that basement was not the ritualism of a dying religion but rather a utilitarian's efforts. He was restraining them, meaning he expected that they would become conscious. The urgency of her message suggested to her that he intended to hurt them, but why send a rescue party for your victims unless his intended victims were not the pair bound in that basement but rather these men for a perverse reason she was still attempting to espy. "Indeed putative Sunan Steward Kazekage,"<i></i> Fuu affirmed nodding her head.

"There is the probability of this being a trap of sorts. There is also the probability of this being true. There is also the more unlikely option of you being Shouki in disguise. He seems to enjoy sick twisted games."<i></i>

"Shrewd circumspection is necessary,"<i></i> she replied. The Fabian Policy of her superiors has lasted for decades, only now was their true nature and heart of their intent realized. "I have given you no reason to trust me, nor do I have any intention of debating those semantics. I am merely an adjutant, serving as a commissionaire and nothing more. I can asseverate that in all likelihood this is a trap,"<i></i> she added simply, the categorical statement against her doyen was not an act to gain their confidence but rather an honest assessment of a plan even she was not privy to.

"I will, of course, play the game. Show me... there is of course the small detail of yourself. Small, unlooked by others, and seemingly most curious. Enlighten me of your own particulars. They are not in line with that of the sender. I find it very strange that moral insanity has employed a messanger of ... seeming, at least in first regards, one of a lesser or no present insanity. That is of course remaining, as people change based on their surroundings, to be seen."<i></i>

Sousuke ordered. "I am a non-entity, at least in terms of this engagement," Fuu answered evading the question for the most part, a dangerous choice considering the fact that she was outnumbered. "My métier requires that I abnegate my name and my holdings. I have nothing to gain from this brewing war of yours,"<i></i> she added. Her words foreboding, 'war' was not a word to be taken lightly but it was not a term she had chosen at random. "They call me Fuu if you must have a nom de plume," the word choice there also significant if they were edified in such was. "I am to chronicle the final days of Sunagakure and relegate what once was to the annals of history,"<i></i> she explained not bothering to await a specific enough question.

Her fingers tapped leather-faced the book before her and opened the tome to a seemingly random page but it was not kismet that her fingers chose that already worn page. With photo-realistic quality, the black-and-white charcoal scene delineated the place Naikishin and Shiori were being held, or rather the inside. It was a picture of the basement. The toolbox had not yet been laid out and the scene was taken from above, the angle Fuu saw them from the door. Naikishin was tied to a high-back metal chair. His wrists tightly restrained with ninja wire and his head bowed forward, he had not yet regained consciousness it would seem. Shiori, at the time the more severely injured of the pair. She was sprawled out on the floor, also unconscious. Her long hair in tangles and her white dress wrinkled and dirty. Her skin marred with the same injuries found on Sousuke, Harupia and Naikishin. She was not yet restrained, but she was also not moving. She looked dead on the ground the way she was drawn, it was not a far-cry from reality either. She was nearly killed in the Obsidian, being the first to be knocked unconscious she continued to receive the painful shock-waves of the subsequent attacks by her allies. "They are not dead," she announced, the statement would only be of minimal comfort of course. "I know this because he was about to restrain the woman, a senseless act to perform for the dead"<i></i> Fuu explained. Beyond that she could only guess what he had planned, but sometimes one's imagination was worse than reality. "I was ordered to 'tell the Steward where he was, what he was about to do and give you this',"<i></i> Fuu then passed Sousuke a scrap of paper.

"This is stupid..."

The smallest and sickliest among them announced. The pallid twisted child stumbled forth, defiant despite infirmity. He looked like the weight of the air on his shoulders would have been sufficient in breaking him down. "Stupid is not a term I would be used to describe..."<i></i> Fuu replied, her voice trailing off as she watched the young boy. Such anger and fire in his eyes, it was unfortunate that he lacked the physical prowess to know vindication.

"Just stab this bitch until she screams where Shiori is."

Someone who cares beyond the logical limits of their abilities -- a more apt definition of love than the ones poets write. Pity that such sentiments were illogical, they were beautiful in a way but more terrible and painful because of this. "I do no know who Shiori is,"<i></i> Fuu admitted. It did not matter either, although it could be assumed that she was the woman on the ground. The Takahashi line being most famous, that would mean that Shouki took Sousuke's cousin. Was it an uncanny coincidence or a calculated move that he took her, she would not know it was the former and give Shouki more credit than he deserved perhaps as she assumed the later. "But I can disclose where he was as of an hour ago,"<i></i> Fuu revealed once again. "A motel called 'Expectations,' there are two people a man and a woman in the basement, if one of them is 'Shiori' I do not know, she is whoever the woman was in my book."<i></i> That was the thing with Fuu, she hated misinformation almost as much as she hated lies. At least prevarications were purposeful manipulations with an ends in mind, however ambiguity was better than giving an errant conclusion. She did not feel any empathy for the motherless child, not knowing or caring where his passions laid. Her words were not meant as statements of comfort, rather orientation. A threat was a fleeting consideration, if they could not defeat Shouki then they would not be able to defeat her either. She was prevented from intervening, but not from defending. 83 percent she calculated.

The child passed out just then, injuring his bird-like body further as he tumbled down a short flight of stairs. 100% for that one.

"My healer will take the child and Harupia to the medical facility,in the meanwhile my Sentinel and I will shall accompany you to recover Lady Shiori. We can continue your recovery along the way Lord Sousuke. As for you mystery woman, please be so kind as to lead us to this troublesome being so that we might give him all he asks for and more. From your tone I take it you don't like this Shouki?"<i></i>

One of the demonic triplets announced as another scooped up the unconscious youth and the badly beaten young man. Fuu did not immediately answer the Sennin's query. Like and dislike could barely account for her sentiments. "My ador or pathos for Mister Ishii or anyone else is irrelevant, I will not intervene based on bathos... in fact I cannot intervene,"<i></i> She admitted. This statement both a declaration of preference as well as a statement of ability. "I will not accompany you,"<i></i> Fuu added. A dangerous statement to likely incensed shinobi. "But that also means I will not meddle on my employer's behalf either, information is the only medium I can provide and even that is limited."<i></i> Fuu was harboring a great many secrets, most of which she could not share even if she wanted to. It had nothing to do with choice. Being able to choose was beyond her scope in this matter despite her life-long dedication to erudition, the mission to share what she knew was cruelly taken from her some time ago and was jealously guarded by... Well, that is a story for another day.

"If we're going for Shouki...then I’m staying here"

How long had he been awake? It did not matter, she had completed her assignment but she was far from safe. The game was just starting and the players were getting restless. "The last statement I am to make I have no proof of, only a hypothesis but I am compelled to add this before I am allowed to leave,"<i></i> she explained. "He will hurt them, possibly kill them... but he is not looking for their pain but rather yours, they are merely the proxies. Their torment is intended to be yours, the scars meant to be psychological rather than physical because he wa--"<i></i> Fuu stopped mid-word, her eyes widened as she repeated it a second time. "He wa--"<i></i> She let out a cough and opened her mouth again but no sound came out only a wheeze. "Apparently my premise is correct,"<i></i> Fuu announced, her face appeared troubled as she shook her head. <B>"I must be going," Fuu announced grimly. "Good luck."
[spoilername="The Note"]
If the following is <B>TRUE
hZaS35K.jpg

Then I am a part it cal​
[/spoilername]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was almost refreshing dealing with someone of a higher intellect that was not, at first appearance, insane. Yet Fuu was very much correct. She had given them no reason to trust her. Fuu spoke of how her place was to chronicle the last days of Sungakure. That was a very grim position to have revealed. The finality of it did not sit well with the Steward. "We may yet surprise you. Perhaps it is the final days of our underground living space, but not of us. Then again I'm no prophet... merely a piece on a board game."<i></i> He stated. Fuu was a neutral party. It took Sousuke a moment longer to peice something else together. War. His War. Did this mean he was on a pathway to destruction? Sousuke was abhorrent of the concept of war. War was waged on him, not the other way around. It caused him to be on edge. This woman was so very resourceful. Like Kaito. Yet... that information given here was at the behest of another.

Sousuke observed the pictures produced by the woman and the location of the place given. Sousuke's eyes narrowed as he knew the place. He had been there before on a double murder investigation. Yes. How expectant, that Expectations would be used. The final portions of the puzzle and game were put onto the metaphorical game board. One: Shouki wanted to torment Sousuke through the emotional realm instead of the physical. He was pushing Sousuke into the one area he had little experience in. Two: Fuu was bound by something. She was going to shared more information. The sentence perhaps was going to go in the direction of 'he wants' or 'he was' more so long the lines of the former than the latter. What would Shouki want? At initial glance it would seem very much that he wanted someone to play his games. No. There was more to it than that. The final piece of the game was a riddle. Sousuke took the piece of paper and looked at it. As Fuu made her departure Sousuke would plant a bug on her. Yes. She must be going, but this would not be the last time they would be meeting. Sousuke dispatched Kou and his relatives onto Fuu. A small swarm of insects would launch from Sousuke's sleeve as he summoned them and instructed them to keep onto her.

He looked over the equation provided to him. Sometimes they had hidden meanings. Sousuke smelled the link, identified the paper type. Nothing exceptional. This then led him to the equation. He read it taking a moment then to explain it to his companions. "This is from the uncertainty principle. The more one knows about where a particle is, the less one knows about where it is going. The more you know where it is going, then the less you know about where it is."<i></i> He explained. He looked skyward. "We have to be in the moment if we want to get him. We can't be ahead of him... because then we cannot catch him."<i></i> He thought about it for a moment longer. "He's saying to come get him now. It's a taunt."<i></i> Sousuke was so tied up in the moment he had realized that Makeinu was not with them. No doubt Kuro had run off with him. "You have to stop running off with people Kuro. I don't like it. I understand why you do it with good intentions, but you have to realize that ... not everyone likes waking up in an area they're not used to. Secondly that child was my responsibility. Not yours."<i></i> Sousuke shook his head. "You look after the child... since he's already in your posession. I am not having one of your bodies fall into Shouki's posession, and then leading to ... further problems."<i></i> Sousuke had been toying with Shouki's ring. He did not like this toy. It was finally time to take a risk and figure out what it contained. Sousuke gripped it and applied chakra. "Damn Shouki."<i></i>

The ground shook for a moment as a large phantom creature emerged from the ring. It towered over them, became corporeal, and was on a level comparable to Ken. The creature was amphibian. A toad. "You. are. Not. Shouki." It said. The creature was tortured. Wounded. Seemingly done by Shouki, if Sousuke had to guess. "Repay. Debt." The toad spoke commanding him? Well. It seemed like Shouki had annoyed several individuals. This was one more to the list. The giant toad stood there. Waiting. Seemingly. Sousuke would listen to the toad. After all... he had been in the possession of Shouki in the past. It was time to play the game. Again.

Sousuke turned to Harupia. His cloak was further expanding from the shadows that surrounded them. "Up for another round?"<i></i> The answer of course would be yes. The toad lowered his hand, unto which Sousuke walked forward onto, and hopefully Harupia would do so too. "Kuro. Look after Makeinu. Do not speak to anyone else about him. The less the better."<i></i> With that Sousuke would give the instructions to his new ally of where Shouki was.

[Topic left]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro bowed to the steward, despite being Sousuke's elder and all facets of his being left the area to care for Makeinu and proceed with tracking down any further threats to Sunagakure. Chouryoku Kuro did his best to stay within range of Sousuke despite the order to simply care for Makeinu. He was still injured and none of Kuro's healing jutsu had actually taken affect. Sousuke was just now recovering from the last battle and even then only barely. Kuro was still worried for his little brother so he made sure to be within range to help him if need be. Sanryoukyougan Kuro had already made it to medical, Sharingan Kuro watched from afar. Now was the time to make sure they all made it about safely.

Topic Left

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kuro set him down with no word, respecting his request, Haru said in a still weak voice, sitting on the ground “Thank you Kuro-san…and my apologies for the sorry state I’m in…though I suppose I should be happy to still be breathing right?” he said with a weak smile. His body was still aching, both from the wounds and from the pulsing power within him, bubbling like boiled water…but he was in much better shape than he was expecting to be. He added after a while “Whoever healed my wounds…you have my thanks”.

He kept quite during the conversation between Fuu and Sosuke, uncertain as to who the women was. Sosuke seemed to trust her information…even if he acknowledged it might be a trap. But they weren’t in a good position to complain were they now? Before she left, he did speak up saying “Sorry that we…meddled in your task. Sousuke is right…this is far from the end of Suna. I’m sure that whoever you superior is will be rather disappointed…after all, not only we didn’t die out like rats as they wished us to, but even when their poured rescores into the job they still couldn’t finish us of… I can guarantee you this, whoever you may be…there will be a lot to write down. And after it’s all done, as a fellow artist I’ll be glad to read through the account of the final days of those who slighted us…” he concluded, standing in his dirty, ripped up robes, bowing lightly you Fuu as she finally left. He wasn’t the best in threats…but he usually felt little need to make them.

After that he approached Sousuke, placing an arm around his shoulder as he said “Kuro-san simply wants to help, and I appreciate the concern…but if we know where Shouki is, then we have to end this now. And I need to be there…if anything to try and Amend the mistake I made…And quite honestly, I think math equations are probably rather weak material for taunts…” he mused in a somewhat amused tone, not understanding a thing from the paper Sousuke was holding. As he fiddled with a ring, suddenly a giant toad appeared in front of them, looking almost as bad as Harupia did…well, in a sense. He could only imagine he was quite dashing with the toad ladies. The sand user had no idea Sousuke had a contract with another kingdom of animals…but there was little time to dwell. As he walked onto the extend hand he said “Up for a round of drinks, for sure…but we can’t hold of putting out the rabid dog any longer… And thank you for your help Kuro-san. I’m sure you’ll take good care of the child…and we’ll surely need to speak after this…” he mused, moving his neck in a somewhat uncomfortable manner. It was still brewing…this power, seemingly feeding on his anger, pushing his body to move and yet making every move sting in a deliberate way… Perhaps it was foolish of him to go, but he needed to do it. Maybe it was just all part of Shouki’s game… But as long as the lives of others were at stake, he had no choice but to play. And he was going to make sure the Daimyo’s runt (if the words of the mysterious writer were true) would regret ever stepping foot under the surface of the desert.

Mft, Wc= 570

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

Fuu
The Oracle

"We may yet surprise you. Perhaps it is the final days of our underground living space, but not of us. Then again I'm no prophet... merely a piece on a board game."

The magnitude and scope of the game was larger than this man would likely consider. Even the Diamyo's part was a modest portion of the turmoil they would soon face, stakeholders have already been playing this game for decades in some instances and in others rapacious opportunists hoped to get their piece regardless of the consequences. The men gathered seemed to believe that they could defeat him, him being Shouki. She had a investment in is well-being so-to-say. She certainly did not care for him as a man, a corroborator or as a peer, his death if they succeeded would be problematic but if that was the case then perhaps they would survive the coming tragedies. This was either a sign of hubris, foolishness, or confidence. Considering their damaged states, it was like the former-most pair. She had no stake in their success of losses. "Fifteen percent,"</B><i></i> Fuu replied ominously. Fifteen percent chance that they would win in the foreseen battle? No... Fifteen percent change that they would defeat Shouki? No... A fifteen percent chance that they will survive.

“Sorry that we…meddled in your task. Sousuke is right…this is far from the end of Suna. I’m sure that whoever you superior is will be rather disappointed…after all, not only we didn’t die out like rats as they wished us to, but even when their poured rescores into the job they still couldn’t finish us of… I can guarantee you this, whoever you may be…there will be a lot to write down. And after it’s all done, as a fellow artist I’ll be glad to read through the account of the final days of those who slighted us…”

"My onus was merely a message," Fuu replied. She took a series of steps back as she added. "Victory or loss is of no consequence." She monitored the motley crew as she backed away and watched it expand. These men did not seem to have much in common besides their allegiance to this dying community. She was not a young woman but from a straigt-standing position she vaulted over the building to her posterior and landing on the edge of the roof of the building adjacent. "The best tales are the ones I do not already know, but the world is about to change and the only choice you have is the part you play." She called in warning. "But I enjoin haste, while Shouki is a known masochist he enjoys killing more than sadism so he will grow blasé in a short time."<i></i>
Until we meet again.

<B>[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back