Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Changing of the Guard [ANBU Meeting]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sat behind the chair in the ANBU office, this meeting was one that he had planned on the return of his Captain but time was moving and with him being inside of the tournament it was one that needed to happen sooner rather than later. Takeshi allowed himself to shuffle the papers in front of him, it seemed that he had the portfolio of each of the newest recruits into the ANBU branch in his desk, as he turned them upside down so no-one could see he allowed himself to stand up from the desk for a few seconds as a deep sigh escaped his lips in those few seconds.

Takeshi knew that this was the meeting that would signal the change, that would show the branch what was happening and knew that he had to rely on his branch to stay strong and make this a smooth transition for himself. As he looked outside the village window he wondered what it would be like for him, what the opportunity offered and if everything will be smooth, he knew full well that he had to make sure that he made things smooth with the branch, with his replacement selected everything was ready for this meeting all he needed now was the ANBU to turn up.

Takeshi allowed himself to turn and walk back from the window and take a seat in the chair behind the desk, the office door was open, and it was ready for the branch summons to arrive to those that he wanted to turn up. He brought the chair close to the desk, his signature robes and sword was hanging there he allowed himself to leave them off for now as he sighed some of the papers and started the transition, it was not just a case of waiting for his branch members to turn up.

[Summoning all full ANBU, ANBU Captains]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was just as he remembered it safe to say the building hadn't changed very much in the long years Yukio had resided in the leaf village but that wasn't something to complain about given not all change was necessarily a good thing tilting his head to acknowledge the every day hustle and bustle of the place it was curiosity that was at the forefront of the captains mind. Approaching the Sennins door there was a pause fleeting thoughts of what this meeting was about or why they would all be summoned.

Entering the room upon knocking on the door Yukio greeted his Sennin with a respectful nod of his head as per the usual it wasn't often the branch was called together in one place for meetings however the Hyuuga could only assume it was a matter of great importance to happen on such short notice leaning by the door wondering who would be the next to show. It was a curious thing time had passed so quickly that the Captain found himself wondering who would walk through that door which AiT's had made it to the rank of ANBU and who had fallen by the wayside in that time tilting his head back to Takeshi to speak.

"Yukio reporting as requested you had something to speak to us about, something I can only assume is of great importance given your current workload" The papers he worked on were something of a giveaway however what those papers entailed was none of his business not being one to pry into the work of others such things could quickly become an unhealthy habit given enough time to blossom.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let it never be said that he was being ungrateful for this opportunity, but Yoshihisa was well aware that he was giving off mixed signals at this point: Clad from head to toe in traditional Iwagakurean garb and still sporting a matching forehead protector and mask, it was at this point either a deliberate means of disguising himself or a sign of his true allegiance. It however wasn’t standing out quite as much as the chained golem the Toujigikou carried in tow, with it loudly grumbling in protest at the stacks upon stacks of documents in had to carry around. “Umakaki reporting in, Takeshi-sama, with the required paperwork to finalize my transfer. I have taken the liberty of processing the majority of it myself, so it isn’t as intimidating a chore as it might seem at first glance.”

The way the papers were handled was surprisingly delicate from the golem’s end, it producing two neat piles on the corner of the Sennin’s desk without having it be mixed up with any documents currently undergoing the process of being signed. Yoshihisa in the meanwhile bowed his head for Yukio, recognizing him for his superior-in-arms. “Honored to meet you, Hyuuga Yukio-san, I’ve had the pleasure to hear about quite a few of your exploits up until now.” He smiles underneath his mask, a smile not meant to last for long however: As he turns his attention back towards Takeshi, he settled for a spot in the corner of the room and waited in utter silence from then on for the meeting to kick off. The golem followed his example, standing ready as a steward of sorts to grant entrance to any and all seeking to attend.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
ceK9ccd.jpg
Maru was a famed troublemaker around the village, he literally started from actually not being even a academy student, his fighting in the student tournament did cause a little ruckus because he was determined to murder one of the academy students within the tournament to prove that he was better. Of course, he lost that tournament but he did somehow manage to claw his way into getting recruited by the ANBU despite the hell that he gave the village ranging from purposely annoying one of his teachers of the ANBU just to prove that he wasn't a chicken, to proudly painting 'I HATE YOMI’ on hokage rock in which he ended up getting dunked on by Takeshi before meeting him again for him to tell him that the branch wanted him. Needless to say he wasn't exactly the perfect ANBU trainee, he did test his team leader on a regular basis, and the whole incident in tea wasn't looking too good but regardless of all the confusion he gave around he was here. Given a Rank higher than anyone else who fought at the student tournament, Maru almost felt bad for leaving poor Juko behind as still the trainee.(not really)

Regardless did achieve Maru got the promotion to full ANBU, and looking at how far he's come he had a certain goal that he hoped to work up to goal in becoming the next person who would bear the darkness of this village. ANBU SENIN.

Maru walked along the streets, dressed in his usual attire of mostly black. A cigarette hanging loosely from his mouth, puffing purple smoke from his nose looking pretty casual. However once he reached his destination, the dark marionette master decided to take out his cigarette, flicking it out in the distance before walking into the building. “Aye, the summon came a lot quicker than I've expected." Maru said, walking along the hallway. A meeting straight from the office, Maru looked at the door which had been closed so he could make his grand entrance. He wondered who all would be in this meeting, probably a will meet a few familiar faces around. He didn't wait, he twisted the door knob then flung the door open with more force that he should have use and the door banged against the wall!

BAM!

Maru stumbled in. Whoops, overdone it. Maru thought, adjusting his clothes before gently closing the door behind him before looking around at the room, one was a person he didn't know just yet but Yukio seemingly had a new get up too. The marionette master, raised his hand then smirked. “Dokuso Maru, Newest ANBU agent, accounted for Sir." Maru walked over to the desk, he gave Yukio a jab in the shoulder. “Just got the promotion not too long ago. Look at how far your favorite student had gotten.“ he chuckled at that last part. Mostly because he wasn't exactly the best student that Yukio had, nor was he the easiest. But even his most rebellious student was showing some kind of growth, that's something to be proud of in itself. He gazed around the room, seeing that everyone looked to have some kind of paper in hand, and Maru had nothing. ‘Aaah Shit’ he thought.

“Aye, Takeshi was I supposed to bring some kinda work in or something?”

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo moved into the room as a wraith. He may be a large man but he still moved as a shinobi should. As he looked into the room he realized he might just be the last one to enter the room. He doubted that Takeshi failed to notice him. In fact he was not trying to hide from him but more for the fact that he wanted to see how many would notice him. He felt like he was always dong assessment for new members of the corps but just because someone made it far enough to make it to this meeting did not mean it was time to relax.

As he looked around the room he saw the faces, or masks that he expected to see though there were one or two that were a little surprising.

As he stood in the back of the room he spoke his greeting ”Zeta, reporting as ordered“ as he said this simple thing the door shut soundly behind him.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A captain did not rush. He did not hurry. He never arrived panting, out of breath from trying to get there on time because he had literally just made it into the village and settled a bit.

These thoughts went through Maki’s head as he ran through the village at speed, the camouflage jutsu keeping him hidden from prying eyes. He would speed past civilians, sneak around the shinobi, and at one point catch his breath and drop the jutsu as he strode into the building and got past security properly.

Then he would make his way to the office at leisure. Into Takeshi’s office stepped a man in a solid white ANBU Captain cloak. A mask covered his face. Solid white with red circles around the eyes and red vines seeming to grow up the cheekbones. It was in the visage of a crying woman. Maki looks at those already gathered, offering a nod to the ones he knew, and the one who was at his wedding. Then he looks to Takeshi, nodding yet again.

”Inquisitor, reporting in.”

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki walked through the door of the assigned meeting place, she looked over the people that where currently present her eyes looked over each of them in the room she was wearing her Captain robes, the white hood was up but she wasn't wearing her mask the shadow of the hood was enough to hide her face. She took a seat at the ANBU Sennin side on the desk and looked at him, she couldn't place it but there was something painting on her husband face that she couldn't put her finger on it, something was wrong but she didn't know what she assumed that she was just worrying over nothing.
"I am here, sorry for the delay there was something else that needed by attention." She was surprised that the room could hold as many people was it currently was, it was cramped and she wasn't overly sure why he hadn't used one of the meeting room. "If I knew it was a party I would have brought the Sake,"

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi noted who had arrived, he allowed a small smile to come to his lips as he noted that each of the ANBU that he had summoned had finally arrived. It looked like he had gotten the attention fo all of them as he smiled to each of them from behind the desk, he looked to each of his Captains. Takeshi nodded deeply to each one of them as he allowed himself to enjoy the presence of Maki right now, it would make what was coming so much easier for him. And it would mean that this would go so much smoother in the long run.

“I have called each of you here because the Branch has changed. We have seen development and recruitment on a level that needs to be addressed, as such I will be looking for the ANBU to step up and fill the role of Team Leaders, that’s right we are going to have a reshuffle of the team leaders now that Beserk has stepped into the position of Captain. He has left a whole inside the team, and with the end of the exam recently that leaves more ANBU in Training that need team leaders. So, I have called each of you here”

Takeshi allowed himself to get out the three files on the desk, each one contained the team assignments that had been given out and each one. Takeshi allowed himself to drag the oldest file out first, it seemed the Manzo was the first one up as he allowed a smile to come to his lips, the man had been given chance and proven himself as well as coming to Sand he relied on Manzo to show everyone else what was required of an ANBU to set the example thus he would be first on the teams.

“Zeta, your team has changed slightly, I have had to give you a three man team, this is due to an odd number and I apologize right now. But I know that you can handle the experience, as such you will be given the following Anbu in Training to join your team. Izumi, he seems to be pleasant and is willing to get on with people, but recently has proven can fight when needed. Soku Nasaki will also be joining your team, and finally Ziren will be joining this team, he needs molding into a calmer person I think he would suit your needs.

Takeshi allowed himself to look at Manzo, he nodded to the man as a smirk came across his lips before he turned his attention back to the others. It seemed he was not finished assigned teams to each of the ANBU there was still much to discuss in the day.

“Maru, you will first need to find yourself a new code name, this will be for the fact that you are working inside of the Branch. Now as for your assignment you have been given the role of teaching your team, which will consist of the following people Kuroguro Atama, fresh out of the exam and willing to prove himself. I would suggest using him to teach and step up to the role. As for your next person as well, that is the newest member of the team. Yasu Yoshi, the person that shows a very aggressive personality this will make your team up, teach them to strive for the hunt and I am sure you will do this job to the best of your ability.”

Takeshi allowed himself to note down the fact that Maru would need to find a new nickname while inside of the Branch. He noted that done before moving the file off of the side, it seemed that he had finished with Maru for now and he allowed himself to move onto the last file in that situation. It seemed that he was prepared to talk to the final person on their new assignment.

“Finally one of the newest members to the branch Umakaki, I have considered the options for your team and as such I have decided to move two members to combined them to make your new team. As such I have decided to give you Uchiha Hana and Juko they will form the core of your team, its time to prove yourself to us.”

Takeshi finished the assignments that would normally be the end of this conversation, but this time he still had more to say to each of them. It seemed that he was not done as he pulled himself out of the chair and stood behind the desk looking at each one of them. He had trust and care for the men and women stood in this room and he knew that each one needed to know what the change that was going to happen would be.

“I have an announcement, I will be stepping down shortly from the position of your Sennin, your branch leader. I have been elected by those that run the village to take the position of the Fourth Hokage. I have accepted this duty that has been given to me. I have had the pleasure of working with each of you and have grown to think of you all as my family, now it is time that I accept the responsibility of the whole village as my family. As such I have elected the next Sennin to come and step into the role, as such for the next few weeks I will be working with him to make sure that the transition is nice and easy.”

Takeshi allowed himself to stand there for the Branch to take in the information that he had given to them. He knew that some would be pleased others would be surprised by this information but either way this was a decision that the Branch would have to come to understand and work with. He knew that much.

“I have decided that during my time as Hokage, the branch will be run by the Captain that I have elected, after consulting. Maki will be moving up to the position of Sennin as of this conversation. Step forward Maki and address your branch, I would appreciate your attention while he speaks, if you have any questions now is the time to ask them”

Takeshi stood there, it felt like a weight had been lifted of his shoulders as he had informed them of the changes that had taken place. It seemed that he was going to be Hokage and now his branch knew of it. Takeshi smiled to each of them as he waited for their replies.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki paid close attention to the announcements from Takeshi. The branch was important to him, it was home. He was quite curious about the comment Takeshi made earlier to him, but for right now was content to let the man speak. That paid off when Takeshi brought up Berserk’s promotion. That meant the team he was overseeing was out a leader. His mind went to those whom he’d met for the spot and concluded he didn’t like that loss one bit. Still, Takeshi knew what he was doing.

Bravo had a bit of a change. Three people plus the leader. No mention of the captain in charge changing. Then Maru, who apparently got promoted, was being moved into a teaching role. That brought a questioning look to Maki’s face under his mask. Alpha had already lost its leader, and now Takeshi was moving Maru to another task also. Alpha had been gutted, it seemed.

Takeshi then formed another team under the newer member, which made sense. It was leaving him curious, however, about Alpha. Perhaps he would have to ask Takeshi later. Or not. Even as the thought crossed his mind, Takeshi announced he would be stepping down. Maki’s lips tighten as he begins to question what was going on. If he was becoming Hokage, Umashi was going somewhere. At least they were being spared Yomi this time.

There was no reaction, visibly, as Maki was announced as the newest Sennin. At the invitation to step forward, he does so, moving to just beside Takeshi and reaching up to remove the mask covering his features. Under it, his face was somewhat blank.

”This is, obviously, a lot to take in. First things first, I’m not going to leave a hole in the leadership anywhere. As of Takeshi’s announcement, we now have three teams, but my loss means two Captains left. Manzo, after this meeting report to supplies for a white cloak. Captains, to include Manzo, I’d like to meet with you and our future Hokage in the near future. For right now, keep to your existing orders and I’ll let everyone know if there are any changes in the future to how things need to be handled.”

He was already forming ideas, but nothing concrete and certainly not anything he was going to spring on the Captains without some forewarning.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo took in all the information that was presented to them by Takeshi. He was not sure what was more shocking the fact that Puppy was going to be training new recruits or that Takeshi was going to be the next Hokage. Honestly it really wasn’t a surprise that Takeshi would be the Hokage, just that he would be it now. He wondered why the change.

It was a bit distrubing that Puppy was going be training the up and coming ANBU, perhaps he deserved a chance to see if he had outgrown the title Manzo had for him in his mind.

The fact that Maki was to be the new Sennin was a good pick though, he was good for the corps and would do good things to keep it going.

As his thoughts went to the proclamations that were going out he was most shocked when Maki got up and declared that he would be the replacement Captain.

Now that was the most shocking proclamation of the evening.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
w7Pm1ha.jpg

Maru surprising was actually shocked that he was given a team already, perhaps it was because he believed that no one would actually trust him with a team because of how his tutoring session was. His team however was interesting, Kuroguro was a half demon like himself only he didn't have nearly as much darkness as Maru. He even struggles in properly using his darkness, fighting against it as though he could keep the light and dark separate. Maru had a feeling that him and Kuroguro would get along just fine. The problem will come with the girl Yasu who had a little thing for blowing things up. The girl had a thing for blowing things up, being loud and hype but hardly anyone would take the brat seriously because of that reckless behavior. Maru was satisfied with his team and his assignment so he gave a small smile. "Right, so they are on my team. I'll tutor them well Takeshi, don't you worry.”

Maru would have to schedule a meeting with them, perhaps giving them an exciting letter that would say that their team leader has summoned them for a little meet and greet. He kept the duo names in his mind, he would make sure that his trainees will be number one. That way when they get to his rank they will be unstoppable… then there was the matter of what his codename would be while working in the branch. Bringing his hand to his chin, he began to think of different names he could use. PuppetMaster?.... He already used that… Shadow? Dusk? Twilight? Meh not really into those names. Finally he snapped his fingers, pointing at Takeshi because he picked out a name that fit him perfectly.

"I got one. How about Pinocchio since I am a Human Puppet.” of course people might think that this was a joke, but Maru was actually being serious about making his code name around the branch pinocchio. Whether he was allowed that name or not he began listening to the rest of what Takeshi had to say. Yukio got the promotion of ANBU captain, his team captain Maki was the knew ANBU Senin and Maru was recently promoted to Anbu. Seemed like everyone in team Yukio had gotten a promotion…. well Juko was left behind but one out of four isn't too bad. Better than Manzo's team because none of his students made it to this rank neither. Of course, Maru would save his boasting for after the meeting. Perhaps he'll break the news to Juko that he's been transferred, that would actually be fun doing.

All in the while, Maru had to wrap his mind around the fact that Takeshi wasn't ANBU SENIN anymore, he was given the highest chair in the leaf... Hokage. Now that for sure was a lot to take in within one whole meeting.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was shaping up to be quite the meeting already: From the announcement that he was about to be put in charge of his very own unit -something that stirred up a mixed bag of feelings by itself- to the change that he now had to answer directly to someone he could start to describe as a slightly fresher face over the last one. It was one of the relative few benefits he could name off the top of his head on the fact that he was in the early stage where major shifts in the hierarchy such as these were about as impactful as claiming they were switching to fond beige as the captain’s color of choice starting tomorrow.

Or perhaps downplaying it to such a degree was grossly oversimplifying a very complex scenario, as there were no doubt new policies up for debate as we speak that he would be subjected to in the near future, but he couldn’t shake off the feeling that considering his level of investment over the others it meant the blow was probably much harder for his colleagues. Be it as it may, he took Takeshi’s words to heart: He was determined to prove himself, now more than ever, that he was living up to his potential and that one day perhaps he could return to Iwagakure with his head held high as he would take his place among the legends his village had brought forth in the past.

“I’d like to be the first to congratulate Maki-sama as the new branch leader.” He had taken a step forward to distinguish himself from the gathered crowd without a second thought, saluting with the golem in the back of the office mirroring his movements entirely. “My unit and I will move according to your will as they would have to Takeshi-sama’s, and my debt to him is now yours.”

[MFT]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed this would be a day of surprises with Takeshi announced as the next Hokage and Maki moved to the rank of Sennin it would be interesting to see how they would lead and what changes would come the branches way but the Hyuuga hadn't come this far to doubt them over the years he'd grown to trust his betters and that was not about to change now giving Maki a quick nod in congratulations thinking back when the man had watched over him during the ANBU exam..

Things would only seem to remain this way seeing Manzo promoted to captain there and then a new addition to the trio that was a welcome sight considering out of those present Yukio felt he was the one who most deserved it. "Congrats my friend good to see you still climbing through the branch" A man of few words in those moments still somewhat processing the whole situation though one thing that did cross his mind was how would Yuki take this news considering the new position Takeshi would become quite a busy man in the coming days.

Seeming to be a continuing trend Maru decided to reveal the fact he had made the choice to give up his human form for that of a puppet not all too surprising given his affiliation with such things but still doing such things so soon after reaching the rank of ANBU was quite a surprise then again at least it gave opportunity to fix himself rather than going to and from the hospital after the numerous incidents over the last few months.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki sat on the wooden desk and listened to the words that escaped the mouth of her husband, she heard what he was saying just was just having an issue processing them. The first part was easy Maki was getting ANBU Sennin, the second part, however, wasn’t so easy, she turned over looking over to Takeshi, his face was expressionless it made her want to slap him more than she already did but wasn’t the time or the place. The female zones out for a few minutes, the others where speaking and she could hear what they were saying but it was like she was listening to them through the wall as she looked at the male’s face, a thousand thoughts sprinted through her head as to what they meant for the both them and why didn’t he tell her before now or at least prepare her for the news. Shaking her head, she took a deep and bit back against the anger and turned away from the Uchiha she would get around to deal with him later.
“Congratulation to both of you, Maki I am looking forward to seeing how you will make your mark on the branch and Manzo I look forward to working within your new rank as Captain,” she applauded and smiled at both. “And congratulation to you as well Takeshi, I must admit the new has come as quite a shock, but I know that you will do an amazing job,” She turned her face back to her, her mouth may have been smiling but her eyes were telling a very different story.

[MFT]
[WC: 267]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi had addressed each of his branch members, the orders had been given and he knew that the hard task had been completed. The question here was this the end of the conversation for all of them. It seemed that he had done the hard task and had managed to get the information across to his branch, as he moved back and took a seat behind his desk he glanced at each of them for a few seconds before taking a deep sigh in, it seemed this would be his last official address inside of the roll of Sennin before stepping out into the light as the new Hokage.

“For each of you, I have something to say, without any of you what has happened would not be possible. We would not be training, we would not be expanding and the branch would not be in the state it is in today. Each of you has shown a talent that has stood out some of you have stood out in a bad way, others in a good way the difference right now is how you take that stepping out of the room and how you help both the village and the branch. I want you to remember that in the future, what you do will always reflect on everyone else and your actions directly reflect the branch that is something that you need to consider with everything that you do.”

Takeshi allowed himself to smile as he leaned back in the seat he had finished what was said and no doubt there would be a lot of work that would be done in the future, but for now Takeshi knew that this topic was sorted and the tasks for this meeting has been completed, he allowed a little smile to escape his lips in those few seconds as he considered all of the options that he had talked about before deciding that this meeting was done. He had done his last task as the ANBU Sennin of Leaf.

“This meeting is finished, thank you for your time on each of you and if you ever need me you know where I will be, it has been a true pleasure. And I know full well that my branch is in the capable hands of the new Sennin, he will work you hard but you will grow stronger form it trust me.”

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back