Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Chapter One: The Cogs of Destiny Begin to Turn [Private]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.”
“Trust has to be earned, and should come only after the passage of time.”

Kanmuri's Canon: From Peasantry to Royalty, Book One
Chapter One: The Cogs of Destiny Begin to Turn

With temperatures ranging from below freezing to dangerously hot, the desert was friend to no one. Those who dared challenge it must come prepared or suffer the consequences. Only fools would ever dare to take the desert on head on--either fools or children forced to overcome gruelish training. The latter is where this story begins; a story that documents the unforeseeable future of a boy. A boy by the name of Kanmuri.

| | |​

The night sky twinkled brightly as a full moon illuminated the dunes and valleys of the desert. With a clear view sky, the stars could be seen clearly and seemed to radiate hope to all in need of an extra push in life--those currently going through hard times and sad times. However, any semblance of hope would be broken, just like the silence, by harsh, cacophonous yelling heard in the distance. Upon closer inspection, there seemed to be three giant, muscular creatures appearing to be watching over children--commanding children. Although they possessed every physical attribute characteristic of a human, one would be hard pressed in calling these monster like creatures humans. Extremely toned and packed with muscle, these creatures stood over seven feet tall with skin that reflected the light of the moon. Their palms were noticeably covered in cracks and calluses and upon closer inspection, cracks ran across the skin of many parts of their bodies. On their tight, anger filled faces, was a frowned mouth and thick brows along with thick, defined jaws. These creatures were killers. These creatures were Kyoujoran. These creatures were human.

The majority of the children had many of the same features as the adults herding them but to a minimal degree. It was obvious that they were all related to the much bigger adults in some way--all but one. At the very end of the rather long line of children was a small child with hair as white as the moon that was illuminating the desert. His bright, scarlet eyes reflected the scene in front of him. Dozens upon dozens of children slowly walking with heavy slabs of rock tied to their backs. Ranging from his age of five to the age of 12, these children all walked with slabs of rocks that were much heavier than their body weights. This boy, however, had it worst. Upon his back was double the amount given to his age group and on his legs, smaller slabs of rocks were tied. There was a noticeable gap between this five year old boy and the rest of the pack, and that only made sense given his outrageous workload, but those monsters didn’t care. His existence was an insult to the Kyoujorans, and his only way out was to die.

“Move it, Kanmuri!” One of the Kyoujoran would yell as he kicked the white haired child in the back. Due to the Kyoujoran’s sheer size and strength. Kanmuri would be kicked a few feet forward into the rocks on the back on a kid. That kid would then fall and a small domino effect would occur as three other kyoujoran children would fall. The young five year old would grit his teeth in anger as he felt something buzz and flow inside of him--a power he believed was fueled by his hatred. This “power” would give him the strength necessary to struggle and will his way back on his feet and continue walking. The other children, which looked to be around his age as well, were not as lucky, but Kanmuri couldn’t help them. He had learned not to. In this world, you were either strong enough to survive on your own or you were dead. Those children would meet the fate of the latter as the other Kyoujoran adults walked forward unfazed ignoring the children’s cries and pleas for a second chance. Their lives were was over and Kanmuri too grew unfazed as he looked on forward at the slab of rock tied to another child in front him. This hell was his life.

Violently shaking and convulsing, the same white haired boy would wake up from his dream, a recollection of his past. Kanmuri would rub his hand over his body and feels the scars accumulated three years later. Raising his head to the night sky, Kanmuri would see the stars and think Even though it’s been so long, I still remember that night perfectly, but why? I’ve lived like that everyday for the past… The boys eyes would dart around as he tried to recall, or guess, how many years it had been. Who knows how many years. Until this morning, I was still living like that. The small boy would outstretch his hands as and stretch his aching muscles.

Now, I’m free? Just like that? A random guy claims to be my father and takes me in without question. I actually called him my dad too...I’m not stupid. That was in the moment. He’s given me this weird mark on my hand and promised me power? I’m just a tool for him. Just like my name, I’m peerless. There is no one like me in this world and no one wants to be with me. I’m meant to be without peers. I’m meant to be alone… Tears began to fill the eyes of the eight year old after he sat on his thoughts. He wasn’t satisfied with it. As much as he wanted to deny how he felt, Kanmuri couldn’t. He was happy--happy that someone showed him love. He was happy that he was free from the Kyoujoran. He was happy that he could finally live like a normal person.

“I don’t care if he’s using me or if I’m a tool. I had no life before this anyway. If he throws me away, it won’t be any different.” Kanmuri would say in his high, prepubescent as he wiped tears from his eyes. “I’m going to live for him no matter what. He’s given me a reason to live. I’ll be the perfect son he needs even if I have to lie myself into thinking everything’s fine.” The puffy eyed boy would say as he began to stand. Kanmuri was given the option to stay with his father, Akkuma today--to live somewhere else besides the sand dunes--but Kanmuri initially denied it due to uncertainty. Once again, Kanmuri would raise his eyes to the sky, which had quickly become cold and seriously chanted, “My name is Miroku Kanmuri, and I live for one purpose and one purpose only, to advance the goals of my father and clan.” Having convinced himself the eight year old set off towards his new home and life. Kanmuri would leave the desert dunes he was sleeping on and head towards his clan’s headquarters, the Toraono Dojo.

| | |​

WC - 1,126
Topic Entered and Left: One Shot

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back