Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Character~ Looking for Council Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I need approval of the history, and to register Tomomi as a second personality officially.

-----------------

Name: Kato Haruka
Sex: Female
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 164 lbs.

Appearance
  • Haruka stands quite tall for a women. Her short hair frames a dangerous smile, one often treated as a threat, but rarely taken seriously. Her feet, unfortunately, are the most troublesome to her because shoe makers rarely ever have her large size.

Her face is remarkably well kept for being a Kunoichi for so long. Free of any scars or defects of any kind, it’s almost like looking at some kind of angel in a sense. While quite beautiful, it’s almost alien in the way her skin seems so pure. Not doubt an effect of her Solar seal. Woe on any who mistake the soft skin for soft resolve.

Her arms, legs, and body overall are obviously muscular from her weapon of choice, but not obscenely so. She doesn’t look like a behemoth or anything, just what you would expect from an active Kunoichi who gleefully waves around massive weapons in a fight.

History
  • Haruka had always been a troubled little girl. She was just an only child with busy parents trying to give her a good life. Naturally, like all small children, she made up an imaginary friend whom she named Tomomi. But Haruka dangerously believed that Tomomi was real and would often carry it too far. Having conversations with herself about things that she would hear from the window of the room. Silly things really, but it only made her friend more real to her. Of course, her parents got worried it might get out of hand and decided to put her into primary school one year early in hopes that it would help.

Contrary to their intentions, it only made things worse. Haruka would often talk to Tomomi in front of the other students and get made fun of. Everyday, this imaginary friend was becoming more and more real through the young girl. She would mumble curses to her self as the others would walk by. Eventually, little Haruka would even start to act out on these nasty ideas given to her supposedly by Tomomi. Of course, it couldn’t be true, could it? Haruka always revealed the reason behind her actions was because Tomomi had told her to do it; and that she would do anything for her only friend. Now this made her parents even more worried to hear and decided to take it once step further and sent her to a child psychologist who work in the medical branch of the ninja corps.

This new approach brought both tension and relief to the mind of the small girl. While therapy began to eradicate the imaginary friend from existence, Haruka began to fight it herself; she began to fight to hang on to her friend who had stuck with her throughout her young life. Consequently, as she grew older, and as the sessions became more successful, Tomomi ceased to be an imaginary object. Instead she now resided deep in the recesses of Haruka’s mind. After she was pronounced ready for social interaction, she was deathly afraid of going back to the school she was once made fun of. No doubt they would call her the freak who was a psycho. So instead, she begged her parents to let her join the ninja academy; both for her sanity, and because her new friend the therapist had also had a good experience there before joining the medical corporation. They reluctantly said yes…

The pressure of a military school was not easy on the healing mind of one mentally unstable individual. However, Haruka’s will power stayed strong, even when Tomomi came clawing at her mental block. Why was this imaginary being still tormenting her you ask; because Haruka didn’t give her up. She desperately wanted to let her out again, to have that friend from her childhood back. While her new friends were kind to her, none of them were as fun as Tomomi. So she began letting her back out, but Tomomi was angry at Haruka for hiding her. She accused her of being a bad friend who didn’t care and pushed Haruka’s true persona deep behind a mental block of her own. Tomomi soon began to learn how to take over…

“The complexities of multiple personalities are hard to understand, I regret to inform you that your daughter may perhaps have to deal with this condition for the rest of her life.” were the devastating words that Haruka’s parents were told as she laid in the hospital bed reading a book meant to challenge the mind. Tomomi had gone to the old school where she and her friend were bullied and used her new skills as a student to do some serious harm to the few she targeted. Of course, she collapsed as soon as it was done and taken to the hospital. If it weren’t for a few witnesses say that Haruka was speaking as if she were not herself, Tomomi would have gotten away with it and left Haruka with the blame. No longer were they best friends. That bond had broken. However, young Ms. Kato still hoped to one day gain her friend back. Tomomi lingered on…waiting for the chance to take over once again.

Thankfully with ongoing sessions, Haruka was able to keep control from Tomomi, even when she let her out to reconcile the relationship as best she could. But the farthest they ever got to was an agreement to hang out at least once a day. After a while though, Haruka eventually graduated and got to a point where she was so busy that she forgot about Tomomi. The young growing girl was going into the medical field to help those who were injured. It was a simple busy life that made her parents proud, so she was proud to do it.

The issue with being a medical ninja is that when a time of conflict arrives, you are expected to go into the field to heal those who need it. And such a time did occur in Haruka’s early life as kunoichi. The Bear-Marsh war had begun and Kumogakure was apparently makings it’s presence known to end the hostilities. Naturally, every capable body was needed and Haruka was sent as well. Her platoon was ambushed en-route to a rendezvous point and she was taken as a prisoner of war while the rest of her unit was killed. Unfortunately for her, the nasty old man she was handed off to was a powerful shinobi Hoshi. He was the kind who took to experimenting with subject with different techniques and seals. Haruka was one of the lucky few to be tortured and tormented with devious jutsu that could cause one to lose their mind…and she did. Only Tomomi came to her rescue.

As time and the conflict moved forward, and cursed seals were placed on her body, Tomomi accepted them whole heartedly as a source of power while Haruka laid in a every present slumber behind a mental barrier. First came the solar seal, which was a very literal success for the man, but bad news for him. As it was placed, Haruka’s body took it too far and began to warp and adapt to the effects of such an offensive seal. Instead of causing extreme pain, her body shifted to accept it willingly and it changed her. However, such a success merely fortified the dark sage’s experimental addiction and quickly sought to push another onto the poor girl’s body. Next came the Gaia seal, and the perverted bastard placed it on the flesh of one of her breasts, where as the solar seal hand been performed on her neck. Unfortunately, this additional seal too soon had spurred a psychotic conflict within Tomomi and things got out of hand.

A bloodied, half naked girl left the hidden conflict, a giant blade being carried in one hand with her right arm in some grotesque formation. Bits and pieces of the man were still left on the blade when she found a camp of Kumo nin and collapsed once again. She awoke four days later with water in her face. Apparently the camp she had been recovering in was under attack by hired mercenaries; exiled ninja of some country. Of course, Haruko had been lost inside her mind since the first day she was taken as a hostage, so she was more lost than anyone around her. After wandering around like a sick puppy, she finally got a hold of someone only to be shoved off and shouted at the run. Run from what? Haruka’s face grew pale as she turned to face the horde of grunts followed by ninjutsu casting shinobi behind them.

But there was a knocking as she fell to the ground in fear. “Let me out… I can save us…” Tomomi begged, the urgency in her voice truthful. “Promise?” Haruka said in reply, her eyes tearing up imagining her life being taken. “Just do it!” Tomomi screamed. The barrier shattered and Haruka was lost to the other inside of her. As a fireball exploded where she once sat, a girl with determined eyes held up a shield made of her own mutated skin. “My turn.” She glared, extending an arm to inhuman lengths to grab the sword she had carried with her from captivity. With speeds unmatched by standard shinobi, Tomomi had already killed 14 grunts by the time they had realized she had moved. With each slash of her blade, two or three fell to the ground in multiple pieces. While the less motivated of the enemy ran, ninjutsu was being thrown at her left and right. While she massacred the lesser enemies, he body began taking a beating and she slowly fell to a knee as the 3 casters were the only once left.

Those who were retreating had now stopped to watch in awe as this medical ninja began to heal in front of their eyes. The solar seal made wounds close in a matter of seconds and she began to her final charge, her body shifting in size and strength as she met the enemy head on. The blade once in her hand was now, in fact, her actual hand. It had shifted as she began tearing her foes apart with one rugged hand and mincing the others with her blade. It was over in a matter of moments. When she turned, the look on the faces of those watching her was mixed. Some feared for their lives, while others sent smiles of admiration her way. As her body calmed, she collapsed again from the excessive toll of chakra used in the techniques and didn’t wake for a very long time.

About two weeks later, she awoke in a bed in the hospital back in Kumogakure. Someone was busy examining the seals on her body and was startled to find her awake. “Y-you shouldn’t be up yet! Doctor!” she shouted. Haruka didn’t understand what had the woman so worked up. In rushed a middle aged man to see what had gone wrong. His eyes quickly moved to the seal on her neck. “Don’t worry Ayumu, she’s fine.” He assured her and then came over to inspect her injuries. As expected, completely fine aside from the new additions to her body. In just a few hours she was released and back at home getting into the swing of things…

Years went by, and the calm Haruka proceeding to train as a medical ninja, but more and more she felt like she was needed elsewhere. Every so often she would get flashbacks as her body moved to Tomomi’s will, the liters of blood spilling all around her. Ms. Kato knew she could benefit the village more if she learned to control the person inside of her. So, before Kiyo retired once again, Haruka requested a leave to go an find a way to control the power she had gained herself. And it was granted…

But it was time to return home once again. Word of the new Raikage had been ringing in her ears for a while now and she needed to report in. With new Kage’s came new changes that she needed to be around for. And perhaps she was ready for a change as well. Having been supporting the village as a medical kunoichi for a long time, she felt she wanted to help the village in a different way. She was going to help in the rearing of the next generation of Shinobi corps.

Personality said:
To Whom It May Concern:

Under the order of Main Branch Sennin Fujinami Souseiki, I have been directed to evaluate one Kota-san for eligibility to transfer to the main branch as a Jounin and lead her own squad.

Having been Kota-san’s therapist for more than a decade, I believe I can shed some light on her persona for those worried. If you are reading this and are not aware, the subject in question suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder.

To begin, I can testify that Haruka Kota, the primary identity of the young women, is a fully capable kunoichi in her own right. In our discussions, I have discerned that Haruka is a rather soft spoken individual. She only contributes vocally in situations in which her information is prudent, necessary for the safety of others, or when her points would help further the discussion at hand. Consequently, she doesn’t like to be placed in positions where there is a large crowd, and too many people arguing. So it is no surprise that when presented with an option, Haruka attempts to do it alone as to avoid any kind of bickering. But do not let this attitude deceive you. Haruka is a responsible young woman quite able to take on a variety of tasks at a time. She is keen to detail due to her time as a medical ninja and rarely misses anything important when on mission.

Her counter part, who she has named Tomomi, is quite the opposite. She lacks in any kind of moral standing, or rather, chooses to be immoral or rather amoral because Haruka has a higher moral standard set for her self. In our discussions, it seemed apparent to me that Haruka has finally learned to control when Tomomi “comes out”. She hasn’t had an incident where her other half has forced her way out in over three years. That is a considerably long time compared to the record of Tomomi taking over seven times one year. There are times when instead of spending time with Kota-san’s primary personality, I have requested for Tomomi to come and speak with me. In the rare occasions I have had, I discerned the Tomomi has no regard for social standing, for customs or indeed any respect for Haruka as her primary persona. She doesn’t hold her tongue in conversations. She doesn’t stay her hand in tense situations. She is a reckless individual who lacks any kind of restraint.

Then there are the stories I have heard from those I have sought out during the Bear-Marsh conflict. Those who had met her before the abduction…before the change, had praised her healing abilities. She was credited with saving countless lives with her medical jutsu. But after what Haruka can only remember parts of, and Tomomi the whole ordeal, the stories changed. Even the toughest of soldiers openly feared her; some even had trembling voices when recounting the story. It appears that Tomomi appears in times of need—times when Haruka cannot cope with the situation, when she is overwhelmed, or has experienced great physical or psychological trauma.

In summary, I would recommend that Haruka be allowed to take on a squad of her own in the main branch. Having no incidents in the last three years, and having personally been told by her that this quest, she believes, will help her to become strong enough that her counterpart, Tomomi, is no longer needed. I believe, and it is both my personal and professional opinion; that it is essential to grant this growing Kunoichi a squad of her own. Both for her sake and that of the youths who will be entrusted to her.

Signed:

Hokkaido Jun

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Don't shoot the messenger!

Haruka requires some work before we can accept her as a new PC. Isaki Kushin is working on a write-up of the Bear Marsh War, in part to help you develop your character. Along with the inclusion of the war in Haruka's history, we are concerned with a couple of other issues:
  • The split personality (you were likely expecting this).
  • The cursed seals (this is pretty negligible, actually).

There are a few ways we can work together to resolve these concerns and let you start up as Haruka. The War bit is being worked on, so when that's released, you can revise accordingly--I can't give you too much detail myself, because I also don't know much about the event!

Per the IC & OOC standard for Cloud, actively psychotic ninja are not accepted for active duty and are thus not accepted Player Characters. Haruka's problem is serious, documented, and uncontrolled. The problematic split personality could be made less horrible by defining "immoral" to exclude "urges to murder/maim fellow ninja," by changing Tomomi's nature or trigger, by wearing an IC bomb-collar controlled by our not-at-all homicidal Medical Sennin, or by dropping the split personality altogether and going for something more natural like bad-but-subduable explosive rage responses from PTSD.

Please take some time to think over our proposals and feel free to contact any of us to work on hashing things out. We want to reach a resolution that is satisfactory for all of us.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
War Bit-- Of course! Will be edited upon the publication of information.

The cursed seals are based on what Minamoto Taro has said in 'Help'. He said that Aboms get 2 seals.

The Split Persona-- So history needs to be edited to include a period where she gains such a collar to avoid attacking allied nin. Even though the only time Tomomi hurt anyone Cloudie like is in her childhood, and that was way before her traumatic war experience. I'm fine with the collar. It actually works to further her IC plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back