Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Cloud] Shinigawa Otome --> [Sand] Oshiro Tetsushi (Retirement)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Old Character Name: Shinigawa Otome
Old Village/Missing: Cloud
OCR Type: Retirement (Inactivity)
Last Known Where-abouts: Cloud
Old IC Rank: AiT

New Character Name: It's complicated (see history), but he is commonly known as Oshiro Tetsushi
Preferred Username: Oshiro Tetsushi
New Village: Sand
New BL/CA: Steadfast
Custom Class:
Custom Class said:
Code:
[u]The Hellion[/u]
[b]HP:[/b] (60+lvl) x stamina
[b]CP:[/b] (35+lvl) x chakra control
Class Bonus: +2 Melee Accuracy
[i]High:[/i] Melee Accuracy
[i]Average:[/i] Genjutsu Save, Dodge
[i]Low:[/i] Ranged Accuracy, Genjutsu Difficulty, Ninjutsu Accuracy
Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: Main Branch
IC Rank: Student

Character Age: Again, complicated, but looks around the age of 12.
[spoilername="Character Physical Description"]The entity commonly known as Oshiro Tetsushi is a peculiar looking boy. Although he is of average height and build for his age, the fact that he's technically dead doesn't do any favors for his already pale complexion. The dark rings around his sunken black eyes and disheveled black hair are testaments to his suffering. His clothes, in constrast to his visage, are not as dark and gloomy; most likely because his 'parent' still dress him as though he is the boy they used to know.[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Character Mental Description"]Ever seen Cased Closed?
Think the main character from that series with macabre circumstances leading up to his 'transformation'; the boy known as Oshiro Tetsushi has a mental capacity far beyond his years and the only thing holding him back at the moment is his physical youth.[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Multiple Personality Application"]Not sure if I need one tbh . . . let me know if I do.[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Character History"]
Relevant History of Other Characters said:
When the Gears Go Awry said:
Not much remained of the Kumogakure shinobi Takayama Damashi after the incident several years ago in Sunagakure; although the exoskeleton he had developed had allowed him to annihilate a seemingly insurmountable amount of Kaze no Kuni vagrants before the power of the Gate of Death tore him apart, nothing could repair his terminally damaged body.

But for him, that didn't matter; all that mattered was ensuring that his family could live their lives safely.

However, his sacrifice was in vain; of all his organs to survive the ordeal, his brain was in almost pristine condition, and the organization behind the attack--a fragile alliance between Sunagakure's own Cabal and the demon worshiping Makaibatsu Cult--already had a contingency plan should Damashi prove unwilling to cooperate.

-----

Oshiro Tetsushi was much like any youngster out there, believing he was in the top percentile of his shinobi class despite his below average talent and disappointing exam results. As such, it came as no surprise to any of his peers when, after disappearing for several weeks, he was officially declared dead.

Which wasn't too far off; Oshiro Tetsushi was, by all definitions of the term, dead once his neck was snapped by a Cabal agent. However, that was not the end; rather, it was only the beginning as the Cabal surgically discarded the child's brain and replaced it with Damashi's own. And when 'Tetsushi' returned to 'his' life in Sunagakure, his family and friends were too overwhelmed with joy to be suspicious of his new peculiar behavior.

Now trapped in someone else's body, Damashi must find a way to circumvent the self-destruct device implanted at the base of his skull if he is to ever be free of the Cabal's grasp.
[/spoilername]
Clan Request: None required, though, due to the nature of the Character history, knowing the details of the Cabal couldn't hurt.

Death/Retirement Thread: N/A
Old Profile: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=51810
Old Training: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=51822
Old Dojo: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=51826
Old FAQ: N/A, unless you mean mini-profile?

Special Usergroups: None except Cloud

Old Stats:
Agility: 160/175
Stamina: 130/175
Ninjutsu: 100/175
Taijutsu: 160/175
Genjutsu: 100/175
Chakra Control: 130%/175%

Old OOC Rank: C-Rank

Stat Cut: N/A ... I think

New Stats:
Agility: 160/175
Stamina: 175/175
Ninjutsu: 85/175
Taijutsu: 175/175
Genjutsu: 85/175
Chakra Control: 100%/175%

New OOC Rank: C-Rank

Equipment and Justu Mastery Swaps:

Selling all for Yen and ASP if possible, will retrain later.
[col][spoilername="Ninjutsu"][E] Transformation (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Body Switch (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Combination Transformation (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Crystal Eye (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Cancel (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Spirit Lantern (Mastered) [LINK]
[C] Stunt Double (Rank 1) [LINK]
[C] Elemental Clone (Rank 1) [LINK]
[C] Barrier (Rank 1) [LINK]

[D] Critical Exposure (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Mask Summon (Mastered) [LINK]
[C] Snap Shot (Rank 1) [LINK]
[C] Chakra Sense (Rank 1) [LINK]
[C] Active Camo (Rank 1) [LINK]
[C] Mental Infiltration (Rank 1) [LINK]

[C] Bang Bullet (Rank 1) [LINK][/spoilername]|[spoilername="Taijutsu"][E] Charge (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Grip (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Fleeted (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Block (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Shadow Play (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Eagle Vision (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Muscle Control (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Brandish (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Basic Safeguard (Mastered) [LINK]
[C] Barrage (Rank 1) [LINK]
[C] Expel (Rank 1) [LINK]

[E] Slash (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Arcing Slash (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Dynamic Slash (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Overhead Strike (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Full Circle (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Cross Rip (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Crimson Flash (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Gasher (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Heavy Tow (Mastered) [LINK]
[C] Vanishing Slash (Rank 1) [LINK]
[C] Sword Juggle (Rank 1) [LINK][/spoilername][/col]
[col][spoilername="Genjutsu"]None Yet[/spoilername]|[spoilername="Puppet Jutsu"]None Yet[/spoilername][/col]

Ancestral Weapon - Oblivion said:
Name: Oblivion ( 忘却 )
Description: Once an expertly-crafted katana over five feet in length, Otome's Bloodthirsty Blade has been reduced to little more than two feet in length after a Makaibatsu cultist broke its blade. The jagged edge proves to be even more effective satiating the blade's hunger (which, is now known to damn the souls of its to oblivion thanks to the voracious appetite of Zansatsu's demonic soul).

Damage Type: Slashing - Chance to Inflict Bleeding Naturally
Base Damage: -10% Base Damage
Base Accuracy: +2 Accuracy
Augments:
  • Razor Strike
  • Blood Rack
Other: Nanjirou Ancestral Weapon - Dark
Bloodstained Kunai said:
Name: Bloodstained Kunai
Description: One of the staple weapons among shinobi for generations, the kunai is the go-to weapon for its versatility in both melee and ranged combat. This one in particular is favored by Otome, as if the caked blood along its edges wasn't enough of an indicator.

Augments: None Yet!
Headset (LINK)

Weapon Holster x2 (LINK)

Name of any Contract/Kinjutsu/Cursed Seal you currently own: N/A

Still actively roleplaying in any other threads?: Inactive, so ... shouldn't be an issue.

Other: Would like someone to PM me the coding for my multi-post profile as Shinigawa Otome before I lose access to it. Also some amount of leftover ASP as well; 2 it seems.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Necessary Changes (because even I forget trainings):

Old Stats:
Agility: 165/175
Stamina: 135/175
Ninjutsu: 105/175
Taijutsu: 165/175
Genjutsu: 105/175
Chakra Control: 135%/175%

New Stats:
Agility: 175/175
Stamina: 175/175
Ninjutsu: 90/175
Taijutsu: 175/175
Genjutsu: 90/175
Chakra Control: 105%/175%

ASP: 7+100 after #christmas-roll gets approved.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Name: Check
Stats: Check
History: Pending Sand Plot Review for usage of "Cabal"
CA: Just for clarification, is your history intended to be your application (I know it's more than 200 words)?
Custom Class: Check
Jutsu Swaps: Pending (I am on a phone so give me a bit to either get this together or if another councilor with a magic computer appears to save the day!

Sorry for the delay, but this train is now on the tracks *choo* *choo*!

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Actually, I think he has mixed up a lot of the history and the groups we use in our setting.

The Cabal was essentially an adventuring troupe that was manipulated into assisting the present villain Ishii Shiro in destroying Sunagakure. The Cabal prior to this was like a DnD adventuring group - a ragtag group of misfits that for some reason decided to stick together as they sought riches, fame, glory and in some cases redemption. They saw Sunagakure as villains, negligent guardians at the least, they blamed Sunagakure for their misfortune and they were given access to Sunagakure by Akio, a double agent within Sunagakure that was a shinobi as well as a member of the Cabal. The Oracle Fuu, another member assisted in logistics and planning. Kaito served as a leader. Shouki, Urufuu and Naganisa as the muscle. Saiga... as their conscience (yeah nobody listens to a man in spandex). They attacked Sunagakure and held the community down for about 3 days before the shinobi were able to rally after the surprise attack and defeat most of the Cabal. Some members of the Cabal are at large (such as Akio), others have allied themselves with Sunagakure (Naganisa, Fuu, Saiga), some died (Urufuu, Magnetica and Saiga). They revealed that they were hired by the Daimyo.

The Daimyo possesses the Soverign Army which is essentially a group of powerful hybridized super-men (and women) that threaten the stability of Wind Country. A single Soverign is a group S Rank threat. The Soverign were created, not in a lab but through years of conditioning and what some believe to be dark, ritualistic magic (the exact means are actually unknown at this time) where they implant Ancient essence into humans. The ability to create a hybrid from a living person is unheard of, this is something only a Lord can do, a terrifying prospect that is only superficially realized thus far by active participants in this story. Hybrids are part human and part Ancient, but these humans differ from natural hybrids (those born that way) in that there is a duality to their nature and a madness but no hunger. A natural hybrid, much like an Ancient has a voracious hunger for souls that can be difficult to sate. The Soverign are brain-washed, loyal, zealous servants of the Diamyo that fight to the death (and we kill them brutally when we meet them).

Ancients are an old species that predate humanity. They came from the elements of Wind Country as sentient beings. When humanity first arrived from the great sea they were seen as merely strange useless creatures but eventually uses were discovered. Ancients enslaved mankind for centuries, they also preyed on their souls consuming their fill once they learned that a human soul grants them power. However mankind broke free of the shackles of perdition a few centuries ago. A legendary figure, the gladiator 'Primus' challenged two of the greatest living fighters among the Ancients -- Fuujin, Lord of the Solar Court and Homura, Lord of the Flame Court. Primus wielded a powerful blade and mortally wounded both Homura and Primus despite suffering a fatal blow himself. This rallied mankind and discouraged the Ancients that witnessed this spectacle, turning the tides of war as the Ancients prior to this moment were winning. Humanity not only defeated the Ancients in this war but ultimately drove out those that survived, then captured and slew the rest. The caretakers of these captured immortal being would be the Rangers, an Order that was eventually disbanded after they were no longer actively useful. Somehow their stores came into the Diamyo's hands and he has used these Ancients as a resource to fuel his personal war machine. Aided by the mysterious Nao, a Sound citizen and close friend of the Daimyo they have created hybrids through some sort of dark and terrible magic.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
For reference on Zansatsu (a common thread through most of my character arcs) -- https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=362&t=1937

Interesting ... out of curiosity is there a particular form the Ancients take? I've always billed Zansatsu as somewhat of a Lovecraftian entity trying to achieve apotheosis from a parasitic form, but he/it could easily be retconned as an Ancient him/itself.

As for the Sovereign Army ... how long ago in OoC years was the first Ancient-human hybrid successfully created under the Daimyo's control? I might be able to contribute a bit to this with my multi-character plot, as both Sentama Reikazu (v5.1 Mist) and Akatora Shin (v6 Cloud) were unwilling hosts to Zansatsu (who might be an Ancient if you would allow that) . . . I could pass them off as early hybrids between the Ancients being exiled/captured/killed and (potentially again), the Makaibatsu cult coming to fruition and learning how to create hybrids themselves, and the Makaibatsu passing that knowledge on to the Daimyo.

So ... a few changes are in order (such as referring to the Daimyo's Sovereign Army as opposed to the Cabal), and I would need to run a few things by you for approval (namely Zansatsu as an Ancient and possible spread of hybrids outside of Kaze no Kuni).

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, a lot of this stuff is being revealed in character as the story progresses. The first human-Ancient hybrid due to procreation would have been centuries ago, while humanity was enslaved. Some people and Ancients could not keep it into their pants. Then there are humans made into hybrids through purposeful manipulation of their body, that would have most likely been Homura first when he tried to improve his gladiators by instilling some of his essence into them making them into monsters (kirishii) in the process, this would have also been hundreds of years ago. As for the first successful hybridization of a man and an Ancient without the use of an Ancient Lord -- that would have been an act by the first men in Wind Country. In search of power some of the First Men created a technique called 'the Fatalist Method' that they used on themselves and other subjects to imbue the might or enjoy the longevity an Ancient has. This created twisted monstrosities and made the lands barren as acres of greenery was turned to dust to merely empower a single man because in Wind Country everything is alive and these hybridized men whom called themselves The Unbent represented only destruction. They were exiled from old Wind Country centuries ago. The Unbent are obvious in what they are and would be killed on sight by any rational man capable, the youngest true Unbent is over a hundred years old. Most Unbent were actually sealed away, they offended the Ancient Lords for their trespasses and they were sealed within the very earth they defiled. Within the past 30 years or so, during the maelstrom some of the seals have broken and some of the Unbent have escaped but they are more a subject to be hunted than studied. Recently, being a relative term here a mysterious figure from Sound County named Nao came to Wind Country and befriended Daimyo Ishii Shiro. Nao introduced several paths of power to the then young Diamyo such as Jashinism and the creation of what they called Sovereign. What Nao has done is much more refined, the Ancients are still alive inside of these hybrids and the human is in complete control of their power, they do not feed on souls and they do not have the ability to absorb them consciously even if requested. The oldest living Soverign is over fifty years old, presently known as Ishii. How this was done back then was not nearly as polished as it is presently, Ishii suffers from severe scaring and his mind is addled, for that reason he wears bandages over his entire body. He was not the first but he was among the originals, within the first five years of hybridization in Wind Country. He has outlived not only his predecessors but also many of his successors. The Soverign are all numbered, they earn a new name when the number before them is slain, the number suggests seniority and rank but not necessarily power, merely their ability to survive.

I suggest making your character using the setting information that you are familiar with, you will get involved in these story-lines at one point or another, everyone does and these are consistent story lines. You might be shocked as to where you end up landing in this whole messy situation that is Wind Country. You do not want to RP yourself into a corner.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
How about the following then?
[spoilername="Revised Character History"]Not much remained of the Kumogakure shinobi Takayama Damashi after the incident several years ago in Sunagakure; although the exoskeleton he had developed had allowed him to annihilate a seemingly insurmountable amount of Kaze no Kuni vagrants before the power of the Gate of Death tore him apart, nothing could repair his terminally damaged body.

But for him, that didn't matter; all that mattered was ensuring that his family could live their lives safely.

However, his sacrifice was in vain; of all his organs to survive the ordeal, his brain was in almost pristine condition, and the organization behind the attack--the demon worshiping Makaibatsu Cult--already had a contingency plan should Damashi prove unwilling to cooperate.

-----

Oshiro Tetsushi was much like any youngster out there, believing he was in the top percentile of his shinobi class despite his below average talent and disappointing exam results. As such, it came as no surprise to any of his peers when, after disappearing for several weeks, he was officially declared dead.

Which wasn't too far off; Oshiro Tetsushi was, by all definitions of the term, dead once his neck was snapped by a Makaibatsu agent. However, that was not the end; rather, it was only the beginning as the Makaibatsu surgically discarded the child's brain and replaced it with Damashi's own in an attempt to create their own variation of the Daimyo's Sovereign. And when 'Tetsushi' returned to 'his' life in Sunagakure, his family and friends were too overwhelmed with joy to be suspicious of his new peculiar behavior.

Now trapped in someone else's body under the supervision of the Makaibatsu Cult, Damashi must find a new mission in Sunagakure . . . or sacrifice himself in hopes of ending this nightmare.[/spoilername]

As for jutsu required for C-Rank and CA application, I'll elaborate upon that in a bit.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Also Justu Mastery Swaps:

Keep
[col][spoilername="Ninjutsu"][E] Transformation (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Body Switch (Mastered) [LINK][/spoilername]|[spoilername="Taijutsu"]None[/spoilername][/col]
[col][spoilername="Genjutsu"]None[/spoilername]|[spoilername="Puppet Jutsu"]None[/spoilername][/col]

Swap
[col][spoilername="Ninjutsu"]None[/spoilername]|[spoilername="Taijutsu"][E] Slash (Mastered) [LINK] --> [E] The One-Two (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Arcing Slash (Mastered) [LINK] --> [E] Low Sweep (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Dynamic Slash (Mastered) [LINK] --> [E] Janken (Mastered) [LINK]
[E] Overhead Strike (Mastered) [LINK] --> [E] Uncalled-for Shot [LINK]
[D] Full Circle (Mastered) [LINK] --> [D] Four-Hit Combo (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Cross Rip (Mastered) [LINK] --> [D] Spinning Wind (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Crimson Flash (Mastered) [LINK] --> [D] Dynamic Entry (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Gasher (Mastered) [LINK] --> [D] Dynamic Finish (Mastered) [LINK]
[D] Heavy Tow (Mastered) [LINK] --> [D] Nut Buster (Mastered) [LINK][/spoilername][/col]
[col][spoilername="Genjutsu"]None[/spoilername]|[spoilername="Puppet Jutsu"]None[/spoilername][/col]

Sell
[col][spoilername="Ninjutsu"][D] Combination Transformation (Mastered) [LINK]

[C] Bang Bullet (Rank 1) [LINK][/spoilername]|[spoilername="Taijutsu"][E] Charge (Mastered) [LINK]

[C] Sword Juggle (Rank 1) [LINK][/spoilername][/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Approvals are complete then.
Cloud Council needs to remove your Cloud access because I cannot do that for you.
Please go to the Admin Request area for your name change and banner update.

Selling
[D] Combination Transformation (Mastered) [LINK]
[C] Bang Bullet (Rank 1) [LINK]
[E] Charge (Mastered) [LINK]
[C] Sword Juggle (Rank 1) [LINK]

4 E Rank (all mastered)
  • Yen 450/jutsu * 4 = 1800
    ASP 6/jutsu * 4 = 24
11 D Rank (all mastered)
  • Yen 1200/jutsu * 11 = 13200
    ASP 8/jutsu * 11 = 88
12 C Rank (1 mastered)
  • Yen 3250/jutsu * 12 = 39000
    ASP 10/jutsu * 1 = 10

54000 Yen is added to your account
122 ASP has been added to your ASP total.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Drat! Forgot to ask if some or all of my ASP purchases carry over . . . one sec . . .

Advanced Shop Purchases
Free Minor Element (1/2) - Wind (LINK)

Also, how much can I get for the following equipment (with the exception of headset)? Or would I have to sell that in the training thread?

Equipment Available
Description: Once an expertly-crafted katana over five feet in length, Otome's Bloodthirsty Blade has been reduced to little more than two feet in length after a Makaibatsu cultist broke its blade. The jagged edge proves to be even more effective satiating the blade's hunger (which, is now known to damn the souls of its to oblivion thanks to the voracious appetite of Zansatsu's demonic soul).

Augments:
  • Razor Strike
  • Blood Rack
Bloodstained Kunai said:
Description: One of the staple weapons among shinobi for generations, the kunai is the go-to weapon for its versatility in both melee and ranged combat. This one in particular is favored by Otome, as if the caked blood along its edges wasn't enough of an indicator.

Headset (LINK)

Weapon Holster x2 (LINK)

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oshiro Tetsushi said:
Drat! Forgot to ask if some or all of my ASP purchases carry over . . . one sec . . .

Advanced Shop Purchases
Free Minor Element (1/2) - Wind (LINK)

Also, how much can I get for the following equipment (with the exception of headset)? Or would I have to sell that in the training thread?

Equipment Available

Augments:
  • Razor Strike
  • Blood Rack
Bloodstained Kunai said:

Headset (LINK)

Weapon Holster x2 (LINK)

Noted card

Two augments -- 4800 yen, do you want to keep the augments or get the yen?

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back