Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Come one, Come All! [Looking for a fight]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been ages since Tatsuo had spent even more than a few nights in the village. Growing incredibly bored of the day to day missions and duty of a shinobi he managed to take a year or so off for some personal growth. Or so as he said. Really what he had done was gone around tearing up the local boxing scene all throughout the lightning country. Due to his skill as a shinobi he pulled punches and did not use chakra to his advantage, but even when limiting himself he found it hard to find anything he would consider a real challenge. After some big ticket matches in Raiden's Eye he returned back to the Village Hidden in the Clouds, hopefully to brush up on some of his abilities as a ninja.

He remembered from his youth that there were times when men would just suddenly enter battle in the Colosseum, much like his sensei so long ago. The fight was still ingrained into his mind and occasionally he would wake up in a dry sweat thinking of the intense flames Kaen was able to produce. However that battle with Kaen truly stirred something in the boy. A sense of thrill he could only find in combat, a strange euphoria for a pacifist but Tatsuo at heart did not want to harm anyone, but he still wanted to fight strong opponents. Even with a few years of maturity, age, and all the great things that come with it he still could not shake off the urge to fight.

So here stood the shinobi, in the middle of the arena, grinning as he remembered all of the memories he had of this rugged battle ground. His first real battle against another shinobi was here. He couldn't help but giggle at his reaction to that first fight, as he had only been looking for a lost bouncy ball. He wondered what happened to the nationalistic shinobi that assailed him that day. He had kept an eye out for her throughout his time here in the village, but even with a few more years under his belt he never managed to cross paths with her again. With that, he let out a sigh. Sooner or later someone would show up for a fight.

[someone come fight me plz - bmod]

Omoi Tetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tetsu wasn't exactly what you might call a seasoned veteran of the shinobi world, but he had found a way to navigate enough missions successfully that he felt confident in looking down at the participants in the upcoming battle, whoever they might be, from the comfort of his theater seat. Making his way down through the relatively empty Colosseum, he found a seat a bit closer to the action as he wondered what the deal was with the piddling crowd. It was true that he had never been to the arena before, but was it always this pathetic? Well, he supposed it was no surprise in Cloud, a place that seemed just a little bit humorless to the provocative teenager. These were typically not warriors that competed, obviously. Most of the people who liked to challenge people in public did so because they were fundamentally insecure in their own strength, and didn't particularly put much stock in the idea that a real opponent would certainly value an opportunity to learn more about the techniques of the person he would one day face. There was a reason, in other words, that the shinobi most revered for their strength would stop competing in any events after they had reached a certain level.

The boy sat down carefully, pulling his soda away from under his chin, unstacking it from the top of his popcorn, and prepared to settle in. He looked at the boy standing in the middle of the stadium. This must have been the typical setup, and it made sense from a dramatic standpoint, to have the most anticipated fighter arrive with a little bit of fanfare and ceremony, giving the crowd something to cheer for. Still though, the kid in the middle could do something to entertain the crowd while they waited. It was no wonder he was seemingly the less popular pick. Did he come early or something?

"Hey!" The boy yelled out to the center of the stadium. If he was being honest with himself, he rarely knew where these tirades were going to go when he started one, but it was enjoyable enough to simply see where it would go. Improvisation, after all, was as much a part of battle prowess as physical strength. "I know you think you're here to test your strength or whatever, but we paid for a show! Aren't you going to dance or something to entertain us while we wait?" Fortunately, he had a full cup of soda to whip at the boy in the center of the stadium, and yes, that is ultimately what be bought the drink for. The popcorn was for when the fighter took the bait and came closer, since you can't really throw popcorn very far. "Yeah, dance, you dumb monkey! Don't you know how to play the crowd here?" God, quite frankly, he didn't know what the crowd would have done if he wasn't there. They should've really hired someone like him to stand out in the ring with a chair and a whip to get the performers riled up to do something that wasn't just standing around.

"Hey, don't you think that's kind of rude?" A woman two seats in front of him turned down to finally ask him, some hesitation in the confrontation written all over her face, but she was the sort that very clearly would have been fuming over it all day if she hadn't said something. Well, the boy was certainly not going to let her get her relief; he was perfectly capable of aggravating two people at once.
"Hey, don't you think you should mind your own business if you're so concerned with politeness?"
"That's a really rude way to speak to someone else, you know that? No one asked you-" The boy interrupted her though, kicking the chair in front of him obnoxiously just to cause more of a scene and interrupt her.
"I guess you're gonna have to find a way to get over it, huh?" Mission accomplished. He would be damned if anyone was going to leave an argument with him less frustrated and annoyed than when they entered. If you want to discourage future behaviours, you really have to consistently get on top of negatively reinforcing them. He was fine with any part of the stadium turning in public opinion against him too, he was in his element having the few scattered and dirty looks cast upon him. Besides, if he wasn't going to see a show, he was going to become one.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo had been waiting for a long while, mostly whistling a tune to himself as he saw some of the crowd starting to fill in. It was often that people who had nothing better to do in the village would start popping up if they heard a shinobi was fighting in the ring. Tatsuo being something of a novelty as well considering he was from Leaf. However, it was not instant that a challenger came to oppose him. He waited and waited until some of the members of the crowd grew restless. He didn't really think anyone was going to step up until a particularly rowdy young man urged him to dance. While some of the crowd was not all excited by the fact that he mocked Tatsuo like that, the ex-Leaf ninja found it funny. Giving a smirk and a chuckle the ninja shouted out to the boy who was causing all the ruckus.

"You seem a little energetic, how about you come down here and show me what you've got?" he said readying himself in a stance, with an open challenge to the ninja. Would be quite the humiliation had he not answered but Tatsuo was now already for the fight he hoped the boy wouldn't chicken out!

[Calling B-Mod]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
tumblr_nt5ah8u6DN1t89rpeo2_500.gif

Welcome to a Moderated Battle!
I will be your B-Mod -- Kanagawa Nozomi!​

I will be asking for the following:
+ Username
+ OOC Rank
+ Character Level
+ Custom Class
+ Stats (Tai, Nin, Gen, Stam, Agi, CC -- Order isn't important)
+ Bloodline/Core Ability (Provide a Link)
+ Kinjutsu (if applicable) (Provide a link)
+ Abilities (Link every ability)
+ Inventory (Link every item)
+ Pouch Types (You can fill in what goes in there (of that type) later on)
+ Weapons (if applicable)
+ Branch (Main/Medic/ANBU)
+ Jutsu List (Link EVERY Jutsu)
+ Contract Summon (if applicable)
+ Bodies (Dependent on Kinjutsu) -- I'll need all their information too
+ Cursed Seals (if applicable)
+ Strategist Slots (if applicable)
+ Anything else I missed but you feel would be needed in the fight.

Afterwards, in a separate PM, send me your actions. I do have some ground rules though ::
+ Link EVERYTHING you do (besides basic strikes anyway) to what you are doing in EVERY post you send to me. If you are doing a jutsu, I want a link to that jutsu. If it's from a bloodline, link to the bloodline, etc.
+ As with above, if you are using something from a particular augment, link that. If you are using something from your bloodline/core ability/kinjutsu, link to that table. If you are using something from a particular ability, link to the particular ability!
+ When doing calculations, don't calculate damage or CP. I'll do that myself.
+ Place the AP of your jutsu in your actions (makes things easier for me)
+ If there are anything that might modify your actions -- such as if you have +25% ninjutsu damage and you're doing a ninjutsu, stating it there will help me remember those buffs.
+ Make your actions clear and concise -- a wall of text makes it hard to read your actions even if you are comboing.
+ Keep your conditionals in mind. Only things you'd know IC can be used as conditionals.
+ You have exactly 48 hours to submit an RP and send actions. Failure to do this will result in being placed in Defensive Mode and doing nothing else. (other than smart actions)
+ Do not harass me on any medium about the battle. If I made a mistake (or a few) send me a PM (be courteous) and I'll go and fix it.
+ Label all round actions by the round they are for. so Round 1 actions -- Label the PM "Round 1 Actions"
By approving this mod, you agree to follow the stated rules above.

Good luck to the competitors and FIGHT ON!

NOTE: First round will take a little while to put up due to having to compile all numbers together and all that -- so be patient with round 1.

IMPORTANT: I do not entertain "RAW vs RAI" arguments. If a thing is modded a certain way, that's how it will be modded. If you have any gripes about how it's modded, please make a suggestion to get it's wording fixed.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Team TetsuTeam Tatsuo

[thead]

[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]
So... WTF happened?
1f0ad906bf4fb6e329aefac11d7a41db.png

B-MOD notes:
>> Yup, the way the mod looks is the way it's supposed to look.
>> @Bean: Info was sent to you via DM on discord
>> @Bean: Some of your actions couldn't be completed
>> @Ark: Some of your actions couldn't be completed due to being bound.
>> @All: Errr.. ignore the parts that say [Hidden]

General Info:
>> Any issues with the mod -- PM me on Ninpocho. DMs on discord will be ignored.
>> Rules of Engagement for posting still applies.

Changes:
>> Forgot to add in Tatsuo's AP values.. added.
>> Image to Tetsu's information was a broken link for some reason.. Replaced it

Omoi Tetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy could see the group of friends in front of where he was sitting chattering to each other in an increasing fervor. Alright, it was apparent that they weren't going to let what he said go any time soon, and lo and behold one of them got up, casting a scathing look at him before walking past toward the entrance to the theater. He knew the look. The "I'm going to do my very best to get you kicked out now" look. This was made all the more problematic by the fact that Tetsu didn't technically have a ticket that allowed himself a seat in the Colosseum.

"You seem a little energetic, how about you come down here and show me what you've got?" The kid called out to Tetsu from the crowd.

Alright. He wanted to enjoy the show, he even brought food to throw at the popcorn, and somehow everything started unraveling just because the boy started yelling at people in the stadium. He could never just go out and enjoy himself. The boy stood up and started walking down into the arena, wondering just what happened to the contender that was supposed to arrive to fight. Well, he guessed it didn't really matter, since he clearly wasn't going to be allowed to remain as part of the audience, and the recognition of that fact more or less put him in the mood to take someone down a few pegs. This kid would be an easy target. Obviously inexperienced, eager to prove himself, probably a Genin eager to make a name for himself. In other words, fodder. And for once, no one was going to get angry with Tetsu for beating up a kid, since this time, the kid actually started the fight (technically).

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was eager to get this fight started, as soon as Tetsu looked like he was geared up to fight Tatsuo began preparing for battle. In the hurry of it all he reinforced his skeleton with wood instantly but fumbled and forgot to enter his defensive stance until a few moments later, losing his precious time in the battle. This would be important later but Tatsuo hoped his sparring partner wouldn't take advantage of such a small mishap. Unfortunately, he would be wrong, but c'est la vie. By focusing on channeling the natural energy around him Tatsuo began to ready himself to manipulate the natural energy surrounding him and the whole arena but also to increase his reflexes, granting him full mastery of Saru-kata the Monkey's way of fighting.

A goofy grin came onto his face as he was practically teeming with excitement, without skipping a beat he began the arduous hand-seal combination to summon Koto, with all the training Tatsuo had done with the young monkey it was almost unnatural to fight without him. They have great synergy and while the monkey had a little more rage than Tatsuo exhibited they played to each other's strengths and weaknesses well. Before Tatsuo knew it though he was hit with something, what it was he couldn't tell a Genjutsu he thought maybe but his perception seemed fine but all that mattered was he got Koto out before things got too spicy. The monkey rushed into battle letting out a small but ferocious battle cry! "KOTO IS BEST FIGHTER!" he would say as he darted to the Chuunin fist extended, Koto however was not as dumb as he seemed as hard as that is to believe. The clever monkey actually faked his first punch in an effort to tie his opponent down with some hidden wire, and then... follow up with the punch! However, the sneaky wire wasn't the only trick in this monkey's arsenal, as his fist came flying in quick it seemed to strike true except Tatsuo wasn't really able to tell what was going on anymore for some reason. His movements were stopped also, while Koto was too caught up in the moment he failed to notice Tatsuo's lack of action. At least the monkey was wise enough to get a good grip on him and give Tatsuo some time to plan.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Team TetsuTeam Tatsuo

[thead]

[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]
So... WTF happened?
fdae85a195a5a293a54500c97049b524.png

0c5d9c8c76ea934edb708d740b10eb91.png

B-MOD notes:
>> Yes, the timing is correct.

General Info:
>> Any issues with the mod -- PM me on Ninpocho. DMs on discord will be ignored.
>> Rules of Engagement for posting still applies.

Changes:
>Koto's HP changed due to healing HP at the beginning of the round.
>Tetsu's Chakra and AP changed due to being able to perform actions while bound (my bad) which gave him an additional 3 AP to use.. 2 of which he was able to use
>Torment was able to attack due to timing change.

Omoi Tetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Wood

His opponent had it alright, a lot of it. Now, to say that Tetsu had entered this fight expecting an easy victory was an understatement. He was worried, in fact, that he'd have to break any kind of sweat that would make digesting the food he was so recently snacking on in the stands uncomfortable. Tetsu nervously wiggled to try to escape the bind he had found himself in as a living log flew past his face, cooling the sweat on his brow, a second one came even closer, grazing his shoulder with a low thud, before the boy was struck so hard a second time that his body literally threw itself out of the bind by the sheer force of his change in his momentum. Once again, almost as soon as he had escaped from his bind, he was getting punched in the face by the gladiatorial combatant and his menacing ape contract summon. Have you ever been punched in the face before? By multiple sources? It wasn't fun, at all. And worse than anything was the fact that he had actually paid to be there, to be punched in the face!

Well, that wasn't entirely true, but in theory, he should have bought a ticket to get into the stadium, so it was almost as bad. How was it, anyway, that the boy was suffering loss after loss after loss? On missions, well, he could finish them just fine, but only, if he was being honest with himself, by circumventing all those direct instance that called for violence. He was no samurai, after all, no gladiator. His goal was to win, not to... Look cool. He knew he was stronger than your average genin, how could he not be with the techniques that he had learnt, and yet even during the recent exam he had passed, his opponents were pulling out techniques that, well, would at least, probably, maybe, give him some trouble if he had had to face them directly. This time a stream of water came at him from the dizzying atmosphere that was swirling all around him, and struck him deep into his chest, but only after turning into, you guessed it, more wood. Was he really this weak?

No. The world was at fault.

The boy started running in a kind of hobble. He was hit again, with a giant orb of wood. Man, fuck this guy, seriously. Tetsu straightened up again and continued his hobble forward. Was he running? For some reason, it had occurred to the famed shinobi only after he was in a full sprint that he was trying to escape the fight. Was he a coward? Would this cheap shot start thinking that he was running away out of fear. The boy turned around in pain and anxiety, yelling "You're lucky I wasn't ready!" And "It was pretty smart of you, actually, positioning yourself on the side of the Coliseum where the sun wouldn't be shining in your eyes! I guess I should have thought of that myself!" The boy strung a few handseals together, as a last ditch effort to escape. He knew he wasn't going to be killed in the arena, but what was the point in getting hit several more times in the face with the other boy's wood? Just to prove he had honour? Fuck that. "I'll be back!" He finally said, feebly.

[Attempting to flee battle!]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Team TetsuTeam Tatsuo

[thead]

[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]
So... WTF happened?
1a86df952705555075152c9a94f78f42.png

B-MOD notes:
>> Tatsuo didn't post on-time so he was given no action (due to already being in Defensive Stance). 5 full days had elapsed without actions nor an RP posted.
>> Sage Mode expires next round.

CHANGES:
>> IERL and fleeing was performed at 05.91s. I accidentally didn't change the timing between Tetsu's previous action and now.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Team TetsuTeam Tatsuo

[thead]

[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]
So... WTF happened?
4ff1266c85864c16d46a49a2f05dcd22.png

B-MOD notes:
>> It has been over 48 hours and nobody posted in this topic. There were, however, posts outside of the topic so this round will be modded with both combatants entering defensive stance
>> I forgot to do Cursed Damage to Tetsu last round. So I did it this round.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back