Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private [Contract Search] To Trick a Trickster Who Tricks with Tricky Tricks of the Illusory Trick Variety, Particularly Utilizing Unending Visual Agony.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"IT WAS HERE. A MASS OF NATURE ENERGY UNLIKE ANY I'VE EVER FELT!"

"You don't have a volume button do you..." Ryuichi groans, looking down at the expanse of vegetation below them. A massive bird of black feathers and four wings carries Ryu as they soar the skies, wind flowing through Ryu's hair.

"I'll leave here, big guy. Just fly overhead. You know the drill, if there's fire just fly to it to save my sorry a-." "UNDERSTOOD, PUNY ONE!" "...great." Ryuichi sighs, and casually walks off of the bird. Before reaching the dense treetops, Ryuichi simply sucks himself into his own eye, collapsing into nothing and reappearing on the ground safely.Their Sharingan active and scanning the area, Ryuichi keeps an eye out for anything suspicious. . .

Then the hell began.

First, Ryuichi saw a tail. White, and bushy in nature....slipping behind a tree. Ryuichi looks around him-Three large trees, a large-leaf bush of sorts, three saplings from the surrounding trees, and a rock the shape of a shark's fin...notable surroundings to keep from getting lost.

Then they go to where the tail was seen. To find....nothing. Shocker. Ryu turns back around tolook around more and-

Everything had changed. it was astonishing. Instead of the surroundings Ryu had made a mental note of, there were now TWO large-leaf bushes, and the shark fin rock was gone. Ryuichi's instincts instantly kick in, causing him to throw a Kunai at the newly added leaf bush. It passes right through, without the bush shifting or reacting to the Kunai at all...until a loud "TING" could be heard and the bush vanishes to reveal the missing rock.

"Piss. Genjutsu." Ryuichi curses, pulling some spare chakra wire from their hidden pouch of survival equipment. They're quick to tie the chakra wire tightly around their left palm, and around each connected finger. Tight enough to nearly draw blood when they clenched their fist. A simple method to help clear the mind and distinguish reality.

"I accept your challenge, spirit. Whatever it may be."

Ryuichi then ventures onward, deeper into the heartland...

The occasional visual illusion of bushy tails catches Ryu's eye, only for them to brush it off and continue their search of the elusive genjutsu caster. Behind every tree, every bush, every rock, even teleporting to the treetops to only see his companion bird summon in the far, far distance. -----

Ryu was starting to get annoyed now, arms crossed as they return to the ground to sit under a tree.

Ryuichi then begins to ponder a plan...Noting the surrounding area, humidity, temperature, possible cover, ambient chakras, and a plethora of other factors..."Checkmate." Ryu grins, standing back up with his roll of chakra string in hand. He had something to prepare...

[Twenty Minutes Later]

Ignoring the occasional genjutsu mindtrick, Ryuichi carefully prepares his trap. The tricky part here is that Ryuichi KNEW that whatever was playing tricks on him would see him set the trap, so its nature had to be left ambiguous. It looked like a ball of wrapped up chakra string...nothing more, nothing less.

Ryu grins and holds it under his arm, walking onward into the woods. And it doesn't take long for it to begin again, illusory bushy tails and misplaced surroundings galore. Instead of doing as they have been and ignoring the tails, Ryu follows after it...only to see another. He follows it, then another. Then another.

Until they lead him to a dead end- at the bottom of a cliff.

"GOTCHA!" Ryuichi hears as countless pure white foxes pounce them from all directions all identical, and young in appearance with large white bushy tails. Ryuichi's eyes flare to life into the shape of their sharingan before throwing the ball of chakra string at the only real fox there, as the sharingan allowed Ryu to see through the clone jutsu.

The ball of chakra string explodes, detonated with a seal within the ball, and the strong goes EVERYWHERE around the fox, quickly tangling them inside and forcing them to fall to the ground.

Ryuichi steps forward and grins, kneeling. "Looks like I won. Care to explain?" Ryu asks, figuring the creature must be a contract animal considering his experience with them at this point. Then, the fox speaks...as well as any human.

"Hmmm....Oh! How about a game! If you win, I'll tell you my secret!" "Or I could cook you." "Pfffffff, no!" The fox laughs, shaking its head. "I'll get out. Easy. Just trust me with this, pleeeaaase?"

Ryu runs a hand over their chin, glancing over the fox with a hum. "Alright." Ryuichi says, simply tugging the chakra string to have it fall apart. "It's not like you seem aggressive. And I WAS the one to come to you. So start talking."

"ALRIGHT!" The fox cheers, jumping in place. "My name is Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke!"

"No it isn't." Ryuichi says plainly. "Want back in the net?" "No, seriously! My parents heard stories about long names being cursed so they thought it would be funnyyyy!" The fox says with a cry.

"Alright. But I'm going to call you Jugemu for short. What do you want?" "It's simple, really. Basically, I hid something SUPER COOL in these woods! If you can find it, you'll also get something SUPER COOL!"

"...ugh." Ryuichi simply shrugs. "Why not. I have some time. Do you have any clues, or...?" "Yup! And some rules! The clue is 'As Above, So Below'! One special rule is...no funny eye business! It would be too easy. And another one is- no teleporting or weird chakra mobility. No wall running, no flying, yanno...cheater stuff"

Ryuichi nods. "Fine. I'll find it..." They say, cracking their knuckles.

"Alright! I, Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke, accept this game! HAHAHAH!"The fox then vanishes without a trace with a flick of the tail, no doubt genjutsu...

Ryuichi can tell that it was genjutsu simply from the fact that he could still see movement in a single direction from where the fox was. invisibility genjutsu, and a high level one at that. This young fox wasn't joking around and could be genuinely dangerous. But now Ryuichi's interest has been piqued, so they go on to follow the direction of the invisible fox.

Around trees, over rocks, through dense plant life....only to find themself back to that cliff. With the invisible fox now being entirely gone, Ryu was left alone with their thoughts.

So this is where the fox wanted Ryu....With a quizzical glare at the cliff, Ryuichi began to go through the paces-

Environmental recognition- This place was, without a doubt, the original cliff that the fox ambushed them at.
Situation Determination-They were in a location away from civilization, with a promise not to use teleportation or basic ninja mobility options. Of course they still COULD, but they would lose on this "game" that has started.

Ryuichi clenches their fist, still wrapped in chakra thread, causing a surge of pain to fill their arm. None of the surrounding area changed, meaning genjutsu was most likely inactive, or benign at best.

So Ryuichi decides to stick to the cliffside. Walking along it with a steady stride in search of this "Special Thing".

With every step, doubts grow. What if there's nothing here? What if the fox just said that to escape and to watch Ryu walk around aimlessly for hours? The young ninja scowls at the thought...

But Ryu was patient. And if this was all one big joke, he could always hunt the fox for sport like the countless enemy ninja he's offed. Ninja that gave far fewer...clues....

Ryu then stops in place. Right. The clue. 'As Above, So Below". What could that mean...?

Ryuichi then looks up into the sky, and their eyes widen. "As above...." He mutters, seeing a cave randomly within the cliff face... 40 feet up. Too far up to climb, or jump to with chakra-enhanced muscles. "So below." Ryuichi confirms, walking directly underneath where the high cave sits. Ryuichi places a hand on the stone wall, and....it slips through, like the surface of water. Ryuichi then steps inside entirely, vanishing into the genjutsu-hidden tunnel.

Inside of the cave was what one would expect- a series of simple stone tunnels and passages. A natural formation, only supernatural due to the genjutsu hiding it.

"You figured it out!" A voice echoes through the tunnels. "Now all you have to do is fine me! Your next clue is 'Time to Turn Over a New Leaf'. Ready? GO!"

Ryuichi groans, and furrows their brow. "This wasn't part of the deal, but....alright." Ryu says, simply walking on.

"I've already got a mental profile of you, kid. You're a trickster. You think you're smarter than others, and can lead them on. I'm here to show you that I'll win." Ryuichi says, holding out a hand to a wall. "Chibaku....."He says, as small stones around them lift and float midair. "TENSEI!"

then, instantly, giant slabs of rock begin to fly out of the cave, towards a floating black sphere.

"THIS IS CHEATING!" The voice says, only for Ryu to smirk. "Nope. You said no mobility ninjutsu. This is entirely different." They reply, only for the ghostly fox voice to come back louder "OKAY OKAY YOU WIN! TURN IT OFF!"

With the snap of a finger, Ryu cancels his jutsu, allowing a large pile of debris to fall just outside of the cave. Not 10 feet away, a shark-fin shaped rock not unlike the one that Ryu saw at the start of all this poofs into a cloud of smoke, revealing a tired Jegemu grasping onto the ground. "You...." It says, standing on its four legs. "ARE SO COOL! TEACH ME HOW TO DO THAT! IT WAS SO SMART, AND AWESOME, AND AMAZING, AND EVERYTHING WAS LIKE WOOOOOOOOSH, AND-"

"Look kid, I-" "I'M GONNA GIVE YOU THE SPECIAL THING LATER I PROMISE, BUT TEACH ME THAT PLEEEAAAASE"

The fox then followed Ryuichi all the way back to Kumo, where the proper signatures and agreements were done...forging a partnership that may last for a lifetime.

Ryu wanted a weapon or something out of this....

[Word Count: 1712]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back