Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Control [Open/Please Join/Need Freinds]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi stood before the Hokage Rock. A landmark in Konoha, to him meant a symbol of hope and prosperity. The faces of previous Kage carved into stone, a reminiscence of those before and currently. It showed that Konoha had come a long way, much like the other shinobi villages. His pale eyes, head tilted back, examined every facial feature of the Kage's. He stepped closer, intrigued. His mental raced between a series of thoughts and questions. The dry air was hot, a bead of sweat dripped down his forehead before caught by the back of his hand and wiped away. He stepped closer again, almost against his will, as if being tugged by the monuments.

His heart began to race, the hyperactivity in his blood stream boosting his adrenaline. His thoughts became like a river, on course and never ending. The eyes of the hyuuga was astonished to why, a village would honor a shinobi so much, that they would place a portrait of their face upon rock for all to see. He wondered if the villagers saw this above every morning, and every night, with hope for a future. Would they look at this, and wonder what they shinobi endured, to become such a figure to the people. Finally he tore his eyes away from the man made formations and down to his hands. He stared at his bandaged palms.

His hands began to tremble, his energy inside was cascading much like the very flow of his blood stream. His eyes widened a bit, even wiggling. What training could they have done, what missions have they been involved in... Were they true heros, or just... the elected? What would he himself be... He continued to stare at his palms shaking until they closed tightly into fists. He grunted as he did so and turned his head to the right, a few drops of tears sprinkling to the floor.

"I will always remember, to protect those who cannot protect themselves. To place my life on the line for the people, for my comrades, my Kage. I hope to one day find the wisdom to govern a nation. Until then... My art... My art will be the tool to initiate safety and stability to the village. I will inspire the youth to the strong! And the elders I will bestow a profound joy within them, reminding them that their teachings were the centerfold of this generations success! A life by example! I will do what the shinobi before me could not... I will unify the shinobi villages! AND RESTORE THE PRIDE OF THE HYUUGA CLAN!"

He was out of breath after his speech, huffing and puffing. His fists relaxed and opened up to palms again. Hoshi was slouched over a bit, he straightened up and was able to breathe deeper. That's when he took off in a dash! A small cloud of dust picked up where he left off, he inhaled a sharp a breath and held it. He was dashing at high speeds, almost at a flicker to the natural untrained shinobi eye. He was scaling the sides of buildings with a wall run, leaping to the roof tops, gliding vertically up tall pillars and even catapulting off those to free fall. With chakra focused into his feet to ease the landing while descending into a somersault helped his motion roll together rather then stopping and being absorbed by his legs, breaking them.

It was excellent control, control, the essence of a shinobi he stressed from day one, next to technique. He was before the large monument where he began to run up the cliff side, all the way across a Kage's face to the top of the rock formation. He stood over the third Hokage's head catching his breath, leaned over with his palms cupping his knee caps. He heaved until he leaned back and inhaled a large breath.
"I WANNA BE RAIKAGE!!!!"

It was a loud bellow but he doubted anyone would hear it. He fell back to his bottom laughing aloud. He wanted to be a leader so bad that this goal in life would always cause him to strive to do the right thing, and make selfless choices, while being a brave defender for his people.

"Yeah... I wanna be the village shield. The spokesperson and lead with humility. I would be a kind Kage... I want to inspire... the youth... yeah. Heh."

Akuma Kira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Grinding a small stick between his teeth, the large black hair and red eyed man layed there on the top of the cliff side. Listening to the ramblings of the young, as this promising shinobi spoke out the dreams he has heard for years from many. Mostly from the dying as he or others aided to wounds. As the hopeful got to the top of the thirds head quickly; showing he was not student at least, Akuma watched as he shouted his dream to be Raikage and smirking as he seemed out of breath.
"Many have stood before the faces of the Kage and preached the same thing you wish. Maybe, ugh" Akuma said as he sat forward and took the stick out from his mouth, "maybe not a raikage but always the dreams of children. To bring peace and prosperity." His voice was calm and friendly before trailing off, "Have you watched comrades, or friends die? What about family? Sometimes the world can not work out as we wish it to be. What makes you think you can be the difference?"

Akuma may have seemed to be harsh with the Hyuuga child but he was testing the waters with him. How determined he was, how quick to anger he may be or would he just walk away? He honestly liked hearing these goals and aspirations because he never had them. He would always protect his village from any threat but he never thought that the fights would end. Maybe he didn't want the fights to end, but maybe it's how the world needed to become.

[Topic entered]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Eh? Huh?"

Hoshi turned around to the direction of the voice. At first he jumped, surprised that he was caught off guard. Usually Shinobi would give off chakra sense, but this ninja slipped by undetected. A quick assessment lead Hoshi to believe he could be a revered warrior with skills. He bowed at the man who presented his curiosities.

Hoshi thought to himself, the man was right. There must have been many who shared the same dream of Kage as him. Everyone at some point must've had some righteous goal. His gaze fell to the floor the same time the man removed the stick from his mouth.

Hoshi was in thought, he furrowed his brows together and gasped at the series of next questions. He looked toward the man, and away from him once more. Back to his own thoughts, he recalled his fallen family, and village. He held back the tears, forcing his eyes shut. He then straightened himself out and grunted, speaking up once more.

" No... I have not... But... my family... I don't have them anymore... I laid in the shadows... as my Grandmother and myself watched demons massacre my village. I was helpless then... weak... not even able to access the Byakugan when I really needed it. I promised...."

Again, his eyes shut, head turning away. He clenched his fists tight and began to tremble lightly.

"I promised to protect them... I know some things will never go as they should be... But in their honor, I have never given up. I found Kumo, as my Father told me. And I have since then enlisted as a Shinobi. If any of my comrades were to die... I would continue to live my life to the fullest, in honor of them. As I do my parents, I will live for them as they watch over me. I will be the difference by never faltering. By never giving up! To be strong is an understatement. Anybody could rule with an iron fist. No! I will lead with a soft heart, a determined mind!!! AN UNSHAKEABLE WILL! That will separate me from the other Shinobi. Never give up! That is my ninja way!"

He sniffled and wiped away the remaining liquid from the corner of his eyes. Hoshi then fell to his bottom and placed his left palm against the rocks to balance himself. He peered over the monuments looking at the village overhead.

"I come from a broken family... The broken branch from the tree will remind the tree itself of how broken it is... And I will inspire my comrades, the other branches, to look after the tree, so that it may grow and flourish, along with a its acorns. A selfless Shinobi. We are nothing but tools of war to the highest bidder... Not anymore... I... I simply just won't kill for the money, or any petty motive of the weak hearted! I... I just can't.."

He looked up to the bright sky.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I WANNA BE RAIKAGE!!!!"

Manzo couldn’t help but hear the cry, he wasn’t sure that anyone around the area could have missed it. Manzo could not help but wonder why someone in the leaf village wanted to be the leader of another village.

This more than anything peaked his curiosity. Quickly moving towards the sounds of the cry, he came across a pair of people, one of which appeared to be a shinobi from the cloud village. That would explain a few things.

Manzo was about to turn around and let the pair converse in private, until the words of anguish came across the wind. Words talking about a broken home. As an orphan himself, it was something he could relate to. He did not come from a broken home; he had come from no home at all. His parents giving up on him before he was old enough to remember them. He had gotten lucky and was adopted, but the weight of being left bore down on him.

“Those are interesting sentiments,” he said as he walked up to the pair. “But remember the Kages have a difficult job. It may look like they are being too hard or to soft but there is often more to the story, one that we don’t always get to hear, that makes them too hard or to soft.” He soften his features for a moment.

“I couldn’t help but overhear. I am sorry to hear about your family.”

Akuma Kira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Finally getting up and standing, the six and a half foot tall man looking over the hyuuga as another joined the conversation. Shrugging his head towards his fellow shinobi, "He has a point. But remember a soft heart is a weak heart. That doesn't mean not to show mercy or rule is love and respect. But if someone like me came to your village and threatened to destroy it on orders of my own Kage. Would you show me mercy? Would you show me a soft heart if I slaughtered your people because I was told to, or if I simply wanted to?"

"Many of us are orphans, I've grown to loose three families. Two of which I remember, I remember nothing of my birth parents... nothing but their blood washing over me." He stopped and thought about how that sounded then laughed, "I was a baby when they died, I didn't kill them!" saying this through his laughter. "But... I won't feel sorry for your loss. Nor do I expect it from you, it is what makes us who we are. For better or worse."

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Staring at the blue expanse they named a sky he was lost in thought. He only stood just above five foot as a young teenage boy. His facial features would have been light, free of any debris and would show no signs of any intense bruises from fighting. Although, through his five years of training he had been through a lot, it wouldn't be prevalent to view.

His thoughts came to an abrupt stop hearing the sound of a new voice. His head quickly jerked in the direction of a sound to see someone of the same height as him, possibly around the same age commenting on the young boy's ambitions.

What the boy spoke was true, and Hoshi nodded. It seemed to be good insight, another element to ponder about. His brows furrowed together as he looked away from the man and expressed his empathy about his pain and he answered quickly.

"Thank you. I've made my peace, they are in my heart, and I continue to live and fight in their memory. So, they are always with me."

He stopped watching the man previous speaking rose to a tall height. It reminded him of his old friend Izanagi was the spawn of giant, well they rumored it so. Hoshi had to lean his head back to look the man in his eyes as he spoke concurring with the latter Shinobi. His words were chilling, traveling down his spinal cord rippling goosebumps across his skin. Hoshi immediately straightened up and gritted his teeth. The situation painted had stirred his emotions. His mouth was agate as he listened and when the man shifted to his past Hoshi calmed. He eased up and could only imagine the turmoil the man went through losing families, it would show through the softness of his pale hues. He sighed and gave his answer.

"There is no compassion for senseless murders... No, no way. I've built my life to the sentinel for the defenseless. The first line of defense, that's what I pride myself in being... I would protect my people, my village. If I could not reason with the Kage who ordered the destruction of home well then... I would also, have to do what I must.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo listened to the speech of the Cloud nin. It was good that he had convictions but the question would remain how long would they hold up. The Shinobi world was a cold unforgiving one. A world that tended to chew up and spit out those who did not have the willpower to stand by their convictions.

For a moment he pondered challenging him on his beliefs seeing if could get them to wavier, but it was only a passing thought. It was going to take more than a few words to challenge his beliefs and Manzo wasn’t in the mood to do what was necessary to challenge someone’s convictions.

With a smile on his face he addressed the Cloud nin “I think I like you, my name is Manzo” introductions were important, anything less for a conversation and you are one step away from combatants. “though I only have one point on your beliefs. You said you have no compassion for senseless murders. Remember they are only senseless murders to one side, generally the side with the loss. To the other side they generally have a purpose, making them by definition not senseless.” He doubted it would change anything in the Cloud-nins, beliefs structure but opening one’s eyes to other viewpoints was never a bad thing.

All of a sudden the smile vanished off his face and a look of serious concentration came across. Slowly he turned to look and the wood line as if he was looking for someone.

“Do you guys sense anyone out there? For a second I could have sworn I did”

[OOC: Manzo is not paranoid he is being followed, something I am building up to in a latter story arc]

Akuma Kira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking over the expanse of the mountain top, standing over the hokage monuments, Akuma saw that this kid would be molded into a promising shinobi. He still had yet to experience life and see it's harsh reality, but he would need something to hold onto when that happened. Something Akuma never had growing up, waiting for his fellow Leaf ninja to finish his introduction Akuma, seemingly vanishing as he shadow stepped behind the hyuuga. "Keep your convictions and your dreams," He paused to place a hand on his shoulder if the Hyuuga allowed it. "And you'll have Akuma Kira as your ally and friend in the hidden Leaf."

The moment of peace and friendship was interrupted by someone who seemed to be attempting to keep his presence hidden. Manzo was the first to vocally bring this to the attention of the group, "You're not mistaken, maybe you have a stalker." Akuma said as he looked over in the direction, gripping his sword tightly as he didn't like being spied on; especially when he was just being shown that there are some people out there who wished to have peace in the world. "I need to get going, if you need me call." Akuma then took a few steps before vanishing and leaving a cloud of dust.

[Topic left.]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo is who introduced himself commenting that he may have taking a liking to Hoshi. Shouyu would pause, surprised and confused. He looked at the Konoha Shinobi, the emotion was painted clearly in his face. His words after explaining the other half made sense, the boy would nod and look away. Before he would answer the giant would flee from his view and he gasped.

Reappearing behind him placing a hand on his shoulder Hoshi exhaled slowly and lightly. His pale hues widened and wiggles at his words. Both Shinobi had touched the heart of this young ninja and with his young hyperactive emotions he was almost ready to burst like a bubble. The young teen closed his eyes shut and twisted his head away from them. Tears from the corner of his eyes would drip as he did so. Hoshi bit his bottom trembling lip. Kira had introduced himself as Hoshi's ally, it reminded him of Kaji, Tatsuo, and Sara, as well as the Hokage. All exceptional ninja of foreign lands who shared something in common with him. His emotional roller coaster was cut short as his eyes tore open and looked around. Manzo had mentioned the presence of another in the distance but Hoshi couldn't perceive a thing.

"I..."

Kira agreed also feeling the premonition that Manzo spoke about. Hoshi continued to look around spreading his feet while Kira announced his leaving. Just like before, the man vanished at a speed Hoshi could only dream to achieve. Shinobi of this caliber it was no wonde Hoshi couldn't feel the sense of this hidden character. He activated his Byakugan at full power, veins stretching not only around his eyes but also within the iris of his pale hues. The vision of his distance immediately extended to a thousand meters. For a moment he saw Kira who quickly exited his range and other villages but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"I can't see anything even with my eyes. They are either out of range or... a wizard at masking their chakra... Sorry Manzo, I am no help here."

Hoshi deactivated the doujutsu, his eyes and facial features returning to a soft light skin. He looked down at the rock structures and sighed. He looked over to a concerned Manzo, and though it probably didn't matter he'd express his final thoughts.

"Well whoever it is, I bet they are bold enough to approach you with friends so... Keep an eye out."

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was good to know that he was not going insane. Every time he had felt this presence he had gone after it but there had been nothing there. Now he had confirmation from his fellow leaf shinobi. But before Manzo could ask for backup he left Manzo with just the Cloud nin. Manzo briefly thought about asking him to act as backup but he did know this this shinobi's name much less what he was doing in the leaf village. Manzo didn’t mind talking with him but he wasn’t ready to use him as backup yet.

”Interesting that you can’t see him with those eyes. I had heard wondrous things about them. But it doesn't matter if I am alone or with friends. Whomever this is, they bolt as soon as I start towards them. I am going to have to do something about drawing them out.”

He turned so he could face the presence and still look at the Cloud nin. ” So what brings you to this village. There was no sense in dwelling on something he could not deal with right now so it was better to talk about better things. At least he hoped it was better things.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi continued to peer into the distance, maybe he was still looking. Whatever sense of danger he should have felt, he didn’t. Hoshi kneeled down atop the head of the kage and reach for the ground grabbing a handful of dust. The elder shinobi spoke, everything seemed a bit ominous, as if a black cloud were hovering over his head. Shouyu looked to him, his right hand clasping a fistful of dirt. Even a shinobi of his caliber was slightly unnerved. It made Hoshi wonder, what kind of enemies awaited him in the future.

And the former shinobi seemed to be on high guard too. He could only wonder what they had been through while pushing toward the road of a ninja. Would his dreams and passionate heart be stripped and marred by this life? His gaze fell, helpless to the shinobi at the moment. He didn’t say a word until a question about his visit. Hoshi with blank eyes staring out at the village, blinked and shifted his gaze to his palm. His right hand opened as the wind breezed brushing what little dirt was in his hand. It sifted through his fingers and was caught by the wind, the breeze sweeping it off his palm.

“Why? I was just… Following the wind. I came here because I was told, Fire Country is the homeland to the original Hyuuga family. But, I’ve come here to find, they have been wiped out since the last great war. There isn’t much info left of them. So I guess, coming here with Yuuto only became a learning experience, to strengthen the alliance between lightning and fire. There are some truly gifted shinobi here… I hope one day when I am older, I could visit again.”

Shouyu would rise, scratching the back of his head, his other hand resting on his hip, until the opposite hand followed. He peered over the mountain top overlooking the village once more. A glint blinded the corner of his left eye and he was startled, looking into that direction immediately, Hoshi was alert. It seemed like a reflecting light from the distance, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

“What about you Manzo… What was your dreams… when you were thirteen?”

WC 376

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo listened about how he was tracking Hyuuga, something Manzo never paid much attention to in the past. He was not into ancestry, not being able to start on his own family tree, why would he worry about others. In fact, in all of his time in the village he had never thought about the blood lines that other possessed. Most were not obvious unless there was something that stood out like a Hyuuga or Uchihas eyes so they were pretty easy to conceal. He knew there were several Hyuugas in the village though.

Perhaps they were hiding from a shinobi from the Cloud village that was tracking them down. Manzo couldn’t blame them for that.

It sounded like he wanted to be an ambassador more than the Raikage though. Kages tended to stay more in their villages and only travel when necessary. But his role would soon start to play out as he grew into it.

”Hmm what was my dream when I was thirteen” Manzo started to ponder. A lot had happened over the last seven years and a lot had shaped him into the man he was today. With that came a changing of goals so it took a bit to think back to where he was at that time in his life.

”My goals at that age were a bit simpler but then I came from a simpler life than most shinobi. I was destined to be a farmer. My parent, and really anyone that had 2 eyes and half a brain, could see was that I was not happy with this thought. So what started my journey, and to some part still drives me is to honor the sacrifices that my parents took just for me to follow my dream, not my destiny.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi had listened with his hands on his hips, his hyperactive subconscious dreaming of all his aspirations. Hearing the man's story, it sounded similar to a friend of his back in Kumo, Himi Kisho. Hoshi had looked back at him with a blank face, his mouth agate. Manzo concluded he found no satisfaction in the life predestined for him, and sought the experience of the shinobi lifestyle. He indeed truly reminded him of Kisho, and tugged at the boy's heart causing him to turn around and face Manzo as he concluded speaking. He nodded, understanding the man's revolve, clearing his throat before he spoke.

"I see you too have followed your wind... so maybe... I'm not so different after all. At first, I didn't want to be a shinobi. It felt like, a gift and a curse."

Hoshi truly felt at ease, finding something to relate to with a more experienced shinobi, even one from a foreign country. His pale eyes dropped to the floor, for only a moment before searching to and fro of the surroundings. Surely the boy would appear to be at war with his inner self, constantly in deep thought and hesitant to speak. He began to pace back and forth, an indication of his hyperactivity, thus fueling his endless training, which caused him to commit to the ways of the Hachimon. He was growing up pretty fast, and hearing Manzo's story, it sounds like he had to do the same long ago.

"I'm sure you have already honored your family, by not giving up in this art. And, also for the fact that you still stand as living breathing shinobi. That alone, speaks for itself. We still have something we can fight for, and so... We can never give up!

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It appeared that the cloud-nin was deep in thought. That was good for anyone that dreamed of running a village should be open to new ideas, open to understanding others, and just plain not rigid in the mind.

”Oh I know I have honored my parents for their sacrifices. But honoring someone's sacrifice isn't’ something that one does once and is done. It is a lifetime commitment. This is something that you should keep in mind if you are going to be the Raikage someday. It will be a long road and there will be many sacrifices along the way. Some by you some for you. But keep an eye on your goals” It was for this reason that Manzo had taken the demotion to become an Anbu in training instead of his rank in the main branch. Rank did not have much meaning for Manzo but honoring the village did.

”But as much I would love to stay here. This presence that has been stalking me has been here too long. I don’t know if I am going catch it but like your dreams, you never know until you go after them”

As he said this, he turned to face Hoshi and smiled. ”Good luck with your dreams, it is time for me to chase my nightmare.”

Manzo simple stood there smiling for about thirty seconds before his image just faded away.

[topic left]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was true what Manzo had said, about honoring lost ones and parents. Its all the same, never a one time thing. It gave Hoshi a light to his own personal situation. That if one day, his dream was realized, that he shouldn't stop dreaming, or wanting more. His eyes light up, all starry like. He looked to Manzo with a smirk. He then nodded, but that was a short lived moment of happiness before Manzo started again.

Manzo was going to part ways with the young Shinobi as well. He stated he needed to take care of the business they spoke of earlier. He smacked his teeth, cause he still couldn't even catch a glimpse of this stalker. He nodded once more before he Manzo turned and smiled, adding his last bit. His words rekindled the glinting flame in the young preteen's eye.

"Right. Good luck with yours as well!"

Hoshi watched the image fade away. Trait of a Seikon to bend time at suh a reality where it felt like, Hoshi was talking to himself. How fast were they? He looked down at his own two palms and thought about himself. They closed into fists and Hoshi smirked once more from atop the Hokage Rock.

"To become a Sennin! That is step one!"

Hoshi then began to focus chakra into his feet and simply walk down the scape of the rocky formation.

[exit]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back