Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Correlation and Reminiscence [Unconventional Study Post]

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The deep ends of the Bibliatheca Conscientiae held many memories for the young Saki, both good... and bad. This is where he did a large majority of his research on any and all plants, as was his nature. Plants were his life, and in turn, he liked to believe that he was the life of plants, through his natural affinity for Water chakra. The two thrived off of each other, like a symbiotic relationship between a flower and ectomycorrhiza, a fungus which stimulates plant growth. But Saki was just being sentimental; he knew it wasn't true.

Looking around, he noted that there were few people in this portion of the library, which was protected from non-Kumo citizens. Saki sighed, and continued browsing the shelf he was near.

This place also had it's share of bad memories, as I stated earlier...

Saki only began coming to this place after what happened to his mother.

A slight smile took the boy's face as he found the book he was looking for: Basic Vulgar Kumogakurian. Chuckling, Saki turned to page one.

"Basic Vulgar Kumo has been one of the most predominant languages of the near-modern times..." it began. He sighed. It had been two years since he first read those words, but they brought back nostalgic memories. Suddenly, a voice behind him called out.

> "Έτσι! Θα ψάχνετε για να μάθουν Αρχαία χυδαία Kumogakurian; Λοιπόν, δεν εξετάσουμε περαιτέρω από αυτό το βιβλίο, αγόρι, και θα ξέρετε τον τρόπο σας γύρω από τη γλώσσα αρκετά σύντομα. Δεν πρέπει να λέω σύντομα, όμως ... αυτό θα είναι σε λίγα χρόνια πριν είστε άπταιστα. Αλλά και πάλι, αν το ξέρετε, θα ήθελα να είναι σε θέση να με καταλάβει αυτή τη στιγμή, αλλά αντί γι 'αυτό ακριβώς μοιάζει με ένα τρελό πεζοπόρο. Όποια και αν είναι!" *1

Saki was startled at first. Not only had he not been expecting a voice to address him, he hadn't been expecting it to address him in Vulgar Kumegakurian. Turning around, he noted that the man who'd spoken was older, probably in his sixties, and not a shinobi. Then, Saki responded.

"Στην πραγματικότητα, κύριε, μιλάω χυδαία Kumogakurian ευφράδεια, και όχι, δεν νομίζω ότι είσαι τρελός rambler. Απλά ... ένα περίεργο πρόσωπο, ίσως; Βλέπετε, άρχισα να μελετώ χυδαία Kumogakurian θρησκευτικά περίπου πριν από δύο χρόνια, αφού η μητέρα μου πέθανε από πνευμονία. Είμαι ένας βοτανολόγος, και shinobi." *2 He said, pointing down at the Kumogakure headband he had tied around his right thigh.

The man was astounded. Saki continued.

"Βλέπετε, συνήθιζα να περάσουν πάνω από τέσσερις έως πέντε ώρες την ημέρα σε αυτό το δωμάτιο, για δύο συνεχόμενα χρόνια. Έχω αφιερώσει τη ζωή μου, ή τουλάχιστον σε αυτό το στάδιο της ζωής μου, για την εκμάθηση αυτής της γλώσσας. Το χρειαζόμουν ... ή τουλάχιστον, είπα στον εαυτό μου έκανα. Εγώ δεν μπορούσα να μάθω το μισό τόσο πολύ για την βοτανική, όπως ξέρω τώρα, λόγω της αφοσίωσης μου. Ήμουν εδώ, κάθε μέρα κάθε εβδομάδα, όλο το μήνα καιρό, για δύο χρόνια! Με τον πρώτο μήνα μου, ήμουν σχηματίζοντας αξιοπρεπώς μεγέθους ποινές. Με πέντε μήνες, θα μπορούσα να καταλάβω απλές συζητήσεις καλά. Κατά ένα έτος, μιλούσα αρκετά καλά για να πάει στις περιοχές της χώρας όπου Lightning χυδαία ήταν η κύρια γλώσσα. Μετά από ένα έτος και ένα μισό, ήμουν σχεδόν άπταιστα, και δύο μήνες μετά από αυτό, μίλησα τέλεια τη γλώσσα. ” *3

Saki was proud of his accomplishments. By now he wasn't really talking to the man anymore, more ranting about everything he'd been able to do in so short an amount of time. He was gripping the book firmly, to the point where you could physically see the stress it was putting on his hand. Saki suddenly realized what he'd been doing, and calmed down. The elderly man still looked astounded at the boy's story.

" Anyways... I have to make my mom proud, and learning Vulgar was the first step in doing that. Sorry for going on a rant."

The man just smiled at him, and sighed.

"It's ok, I understand. It's amazing what you've done. I wish you luck in your dream, shinobi-san."

And with that, the old man walked away. Once he stepped down the stairs of the balcony they'd been on, it was as if he'd seemingly disappeared. Saki only looked away for a moment, but in that moment... he vanished. Saki would never see that man again, but he'd achieved a renewed desire to make his mother proud of him. He smiled, and placed the book back on it's shelf. There was a lesson to be learned here somewhere, but Saki couldn't quite find it. He shook off the feeling. It's good to remember where you come from every once in a while.

[spoilername="Translations"]1: “So! You’re looking to learn Ancient Vulgar Kumogakurian? Well, look no further than that book, boy, and you’ll know your way around the language soon enough. I shouldn’t say soon, though… it’ll be a few years before you’re fluent. But still, if you know it, you’d be able to understand me right now, but instead I just look like a crazy rambler. Whatever!”

2: “Actually, sir, I speak Vulgar Kumogakurian fluently, and no, I don’t think you’re a crazy rambler. Just… an odd person, perhaps? You see, I began studying Vulgar Kumogakurian religiously about two years ago, after my mother passed away from pneumonia. I’m a botanist, and a shinobi.” [

3: “You see, I used to spend upwards of four to five hours a day in this room, for two years straight. I dedicated my life, or at least that stage of my life, to learning this language. I needed it… or at least, I told myself I did. I couldn’t learn half as much about botany as I now know because of my dedication. I was in here, every day of every week, all month long, for two years! By my first month, I was forming decently sized sentences. By five months, I could understand simple conversations well. By one year, I was speaking well enough to go into the areas of the Lightning country where Vulgar was the primary language. After a year and a half, I was nearly fluent, and two months after that, I spoke the language perfectly.”[/spoilername]

RP WC: 524

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back