Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Cynical Pink [Entering Country/Open]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"You know," Tatsuya remarked lightly as he stepped off the boat, "I used to be rather well-connected. Rich. Considered attractive. Able to have my choice of dates, essentially. The whole 'been out of touch with society for a while' thing is probably not going to work against me too much."

Louise flicked her tongue at the air experimentally. She had already expressed a liking of the salty sea air once they hit warm waters, and seemed equally intrigued by the scents of Lightning's harbor town. "I do not know who you are attempting to convince. I know very little of human society. Would your lack of relevant knowledge not hinder you in attempting conversation?"

"Maybe a little," he acknowledged. "Not dangerously so. My point is, I have a certain, ah, reputation. For flirting with people. It would be suspicious if I changed, and consummate flirts--that is, my supposed personality type--wouldn't keep a snake, even a charming and intelligence void snake such as yourself."

She appeared to be considering this as she coiled loosely around his shoulder. "You wish me to hide when you are dealing with other humans? Does your species not experience serious personality changes after life-altering events?"

"My act was that of a brainless idiot. Those people don't tend to learn."

Navigating the crowded streets was a little more difficult than he remembered, although he had never been to this specific city so it might just be a little more tangled than other places. There were subtle markers here and there, too, for people used to looking for such things that hinted at a city that wasn't exactly as squeaky clean as the port authorities no doubt wished people to believe.

Then again, this was a country with a shinobi village. They could have rooted it out if they wanted; they might well just have been crooked themselves.

"My number one priority is locating the twins--my siblings--and Hoshikata." The rest of their merry band he didn't care about. "After that, we'll see, but I'll likely take off for Moon with the rest of my family, unless something else comes up."

"I see." Louise lifted her head so some of the scant morning sunlight bounced off it. "Is this where they were last?"

"Not too far from here." He ignored that it hadn't been an especially amicable parting with regards to the latter of the people he referred to. "I could leave some old clan signals to attract the twins. But that might not be a good idea, since there's some...other...people of similar disposition to our family already doing such things. Don't want to look like competition. Best just to wander around and look for them, in or out of the city."

"Can they sense you?"

He paused to lean against a wall and think. "...I don't know. Possibly. Probably, even. I know Hoshikata can, though not at what range. The twins...probably, although I never did quite register right to them due to some of my powers, and my complete lack of fear. Of course, they might notice that more specifically and easily. I don't know how their powers work."

"Your Void powers...they'll make people afraid of you."

He blinked. "I think I can muffle it." He focused his chakra a bit. "Does that help?"

"I do not know. It does not affect me, but I would wager not."

"Terrific." He glanced toward the mountains, where he knew Cloud lay. "Well. We have one last-ditch option, but I hope we don't need it. Maybe hide for now please, I think I scare people enough on my own if they can sense me..."

He started appearing to aimlessly wander, in reality working on a search pattern. If anyone he was looking for was here, however, they could probably sense him far easier than he could them.

[Country Entered]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
graphics-sea-448108.gif

[col3]|They didn't know if it was the presence of the sea or the swaying of the boats but this has been the calmest they've ever been since their awakening in the ice. If it weren’t for the constant drumming in their head, the thrum of emotions from the masses at the port, they would have even been almost peaceful. But calm... calm was good enough for now; it felt right.

In the throng of people, in the sea of faces, they were overlooked. These people had veiled their eyes so willingly to things that did not conform to their world views. They all had worlds of their own, only caring for one’s own business, legal or otherwise. What care did they have to what seemed to be two unsightly street urchins with an unfortunate disfigurement?

Sure, they still looked like they had just escaped from a hospital ward (which was quite possible, actually), but they had managed to get cleaned up without meaning to. The blood on sister’s hand was long gone, dried and scraped up during the little... skirmish with the demon at the gates and whatever little had been left had flaked off in time. The white rags they wore were a dirty grey and, sure, they were still quite literally joined by the hip (although there was nothing that could be done about that) but no one really noticed or cared.

And the two felt no need to defend themselves. The hunger, the sickness, the pain was still there but it was better here than where they were before. They stood, people weaving around them, most not bothering to hide the disgust on their features. But it worked in their favour, as everyone gave them a wide berth of space.

Watching like two curious children, they saw as a boat went into port and a new wave of people stepped off, bringing along with them a new flurry of emotions, of souls. There was something else... something so familiar among them though. A void, a hole that was empty yet wasn't, and it lit up, flickering on, like a beacon for them. An emotion they haven’t felt since rejoining the land of the living (as it were) came over them: Shame.

They felt ashamed and their mind was screaming at them to get away from the source of the void.|[/col3]

[col]</FONTFACE>
'Why?’
<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">|[/col]

[col]|"Aka..."[/col]

[col3]|Why? Why? Why?

The question rang in tandem with the screams because why? Why would they run? Was the source of the void a threat to them? It surely wasn't that because that feeling, that empty yet not feeling, if they tried to focus on it felt like anything but a threat. It was almost like home.

But the feeling of shame was overpowering and they found themselves pushing against the crowd, trying to get away, making a commotion which was the last thing they should be doing.|[/col3]

• OutOfCharacter | Mission start! Can't wait to see how this turns out; I don't really mind if I fail the "mission objectives". I wanted to join this days ago but didn't know if you'd like that or not!

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There was a flurry of movement: there, over to the side of the crowd by the docks. Tatsuya wouldn't normally have cared for it one whit, but being as he was already searching for people, he paused.

It might have been nothing, but it was entirely possible it was something, and it was wildly unlikely bordering on impossible for the twins to miss him if he just investigated this one thing. If it wasn't them or Hoshikata, he would turn and go.

When Tatsuya wanted to, he had a commanding presence. He'd lost some of the knack of it but not all, or maybe people were somewhat afraid of him when he stopped trying to blend and instead drew attention to himself. Whatever was other about him in most people's senses was amplified now and he wasn't sure if he had any way to hide it. That could be troublesome, if he didn't manage it. It seemed he might have delved too deeply, but it would have been foolish to think there had been no consequences to what he'd done to himself.

(There was a very small part of himself that noted he had been reckless in nearly precisely the way he had warned Hoshikata against doing, even knowing the example, and that the void itself could hardly be less dangerous than a being powerful enough to call itself a god. Tatsuya told it to shut up and that there was all the difference between malice and sheer indifference in a source of power. Besides, it was worth it, although he might need to work out a new cover that made sense. If people knew he was a Void user that didn't really pattern-match his persona.)

Either way...

He used his presence, whether commanding or fear-inducing, to push his way through the crowd effectively, toward the source of the disturbance. He sighted black hair and had a sharp intake of breath--

He could always apologize later, if it was someone else.

Why would either one run from me? Do they not know it's me? Is there something else here?

His danger sense was either muted or simply detecting nothing...

He plowed through the crowd of people, civilians scrambling like frightened rabbits away from both him and the person he was seeking. It occurred to him that perhaps he ought to be careful with whoever he was after anyway, but he still didn't notice any threat. His sixth sense wasn't infallible, but it would warn him of this, surely.

He made a grab for the hand he thought looked like Akane's as the crowd started to clear.

"Akane--" he started, there were a million questions but he checked himself since some of them were not for any ears, were he mistaken on who this was.

And then the last person moved out of his sight and he stared.

Numb shock was his first reaction, followed by a rapidly heating anger, who had done this to them, he would find them and he would make them regret ever existing, damn them to void...

He checked himself lest he frighten...them, and took a deep breath, trying to remain some semblance of calm.

"Akane. Akihiko. ...What happened to you two?"

It was forced calm, faked, but he was clearly trying.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]|That voice, which made them feel so safe reached their ears and every fibre of their being was telling them to greet the man with open arms. But their minds screamed at them to run, run far away and to never let the man see them.

Had it been anyone else, there might have been a dismembered hand already along with several other limbs and gore. But, as it was, sister merely struggled weakly against the grip around her wrist. On the other hand, brother was growing wild as he snapped his teeth with distinct clicks at anyone who’d so much as look at them funny. The male’s wild almost rabid actions was enough to send anyone, who wasn’t scared off by the void, scurrying off.

They didn’t know what he wanted and it only aggravated them that their want, their need to escape was being foiled.

Two words or, rather, two names though halted that train of thought.|[/col3]

[col]|"Aka?"

'ne...?'[/col]

[col]</FONTFACE>
"Kihi... ko?"​
|[/col]

[col3]|Two pairs of eyes, irises a dull almost dead red, looked at Tatsuya. There were many emotions dancing behind the milky white substance that seemed to cast a film over them, if one cared to look close enough. The shame was still there, strongly and predominantly so, but there was also nervousness and confusion. Almost searching, they looked at the older man, and one could swear that brother even tried to take in his scent as if that would tell him anything, judging by the deep breath he took in. Whatever it was they saw (or smelt) made them stop struggling, yet they were still stooped over, backs hunched in a defensive manner. Quite unlike the Shoukyou twins of before who always stood with backs straight and chins held high. The two looked more like cage animals rather than the pureblood heir that they were.|[/col3]

[col]
"W-who?"​
<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">|[/col]

[col3]|It was a question although what she meant, what they meant, even they weren’t quite sure.|[/col3]

• OutOfCharacter | Marked for Training at 325 words. Sorry, my fingers wouldn't cooperate even though I had the gist of what I wanted to write.

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
They didn't remember.

Tatsuya stared, not quietly blankly but outwardly appearing so as anger and sorrow warred within him. Yes, they had been through a trauma, clearly, and they didn't remember anything--these shells were not his siblings, not right now, not anymore. Not the mischievous, refined, well-spoken pair he had known most of his life.

Louise was wriggling in an agitated manner in his pocket, clearly hearing or smelling something wrong, but blessedly she had the sense to keep out of sight and not startle them.

"If I let you go, will you stay where you are?" he asked slowly, carefully, enunciating every word. He lifted his other hand and held it flat and open-palmed in front of him, showing he was unarmed. That didn't mean much considering how rapidly he could be armed but they probably didn't remember that, and he would treat them as caged animals. "I'm not going to hurt you."

He wasn't going to just let them run off, though. He would give chase, but that would undoubtedly spook them more, and he didn't fancy doing it even aside from that.

"Your names are Akane," he indicated the part that was her, "and Akihiko," the part that was him. "You're my sister and brother. Do you remember anything at all?"

There was a part of him that cried for vengeance, but that was pointless without knowing who to aim for, and more about them. Not to mention whether the twins, once recovered, would want him to. You didn't take vengeance if the person or people were doing it for said no, you just didn't. That would be dishonorable--an act of emotion rather than rightful retribution. Besides, they ought to be allowed a part if they wanted.

He refused to think that something had happened that had made them have to be this way to survive. It was just unthinkable.

But if they were to die otherwise...

"Are you hurting?" He said after a second. He couldn't do much about that, not directly, but...well. He was looking for Hoshikata anyway, and he had been a medic and would surely help handle this. If it could be handled. He would rather not have to take them aboard a boat to an island, since he couldn't really watch them and fend of seasickness at the same time, even with medication.

If they were unhurt...that didn't seem possible with their present condition, and even so he'd still take them to Hoshikata.

...Assuming he hadn't been the one to do this, but that was immensely doubtful. He had been attached to Akane at least, and would be extremely unlikely to harm her deliberately, not to mention he wouldn't have let them out of his sight in the wildly improbable chance it had been him. Not to mention, it wasn't his style in the slightest.

But he might have an idea how to fix it.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]|Their thoughts were asunder and it was quite the struggle trying to piece anything at all. Even if they had wanted to escape the empty man, whether they were able to process his words or not, it was no matter as they were distracted by that question.
Who was Akane and Akihiko?

Untitled-1_zpsa0d8a1c0.png

“Pathetic runts like you? Shoukyou? No, no, you’re nothing but my toys, you see; right where you belong! Don’t worry though; I have some playmates who will gladly take your place.”

It seemed to be a simple enough question. But whenever they tried to associate themselves with those names, something inside them would hurt and insist that they were merely sister and brother. No more. No less. They... were... not worthy of those names... ? They... they weren’t worthy of those names.

But, sister thinks, something in her mind tells her, if it would keep them safe from the empty man for a while longer, they can pretend.|[/col3]
[col3]
2_zps32b05964.gif
|Before anything else could be said, before either could stop themselves, tears welled and broken sobs managed to force their way out of their throats. “It... hurts...” sister whimpered and it was no lie. Everything hurt, so much, even as the sea had calmed their hearts. They were cold and sick and hungry and they looked the part too. Signs of recent malnourishment and abuse were littering their body, if one would care to see. Most notable of those were the rope burns that ran around their wrists. Skin so pale, as if they had been locked away from the sun for so long and frame so thin that spoke of one barely kept alive with the smallest of scraps of food and water. Now that they felt safe, for the moment, every single movement, they noticed, would make pain race up and down their bodies.|
1_zpsa1d21ff3.gif
[/col3]

[col3]|Brother in particular seemed adamant about not showing any weakness as he wiped at his eyes with the back of his arm.|[/col3]

• OutOfCharacter | Marked for Training at 328 words. Ugh, power and internet has been iffy..

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Something was terribly wrong.

Louise was agitating in his pocket, but Tatsuya didn't need her to chime in to know that the twins were scared and hurt. He took a deep breath and made himself calm, or at least pushed his anger aside further for now. Whoever had done this could pay later, but helping the twins now was the important part.

But he didn't know any healing techniques himself. And he couldn't just take them to Moon's healers, and risk their mother seeing--if that happened before the twins had some semblance of themselves back, then she might disinherit them and hide them away. With a measure of calm...that would direct her anger correctly.

He had to find Hoshikata.

"All right," he said, as gently as he could, offering a hand. It would be like when they had been small again, for a while. Except he had more means to restrain them, and more need to should something go wrong. "Come with me. I'll get you cleaned up and something to eat, and then we can take you to someone who can help with the pain. I can't do that myself, I'm afraid, but I have a friend who can."

He kept a light smile on his face and his posture open, friendly. He was trying to suppress his void powers, but he knew it wasn't working especially well--and if the twins still had their empathy they'd easily detect something off about him anyway.

"And I won't let anyone hurt you while you're with me," he added. "My friend, I'm fairly sure he won't either. He has medical training, and he used to know you."

Without some kind of scrying power of his own, he couldn't actually soothe their unspoken fears and memories. But he had already marked out whoever had done this to them as 'kill with extreme pain and prejudice' and he was fairly certain that they, were they in their right minds, would agree.

...He pushed aside the thought that they never would be again. That just wasn't allowed.

[Do you want me to ping Isaki to see if he wants to join this thread or a new one? Or wait a few posts first?]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]|With a bowed head, sister hesitantly accepted the offered hand, her own hand small and almost frail in the older man’s hand. Her skin was cool and clammy to the touch and her fingers opened and closed, not sure whether to grip the empty man’s hand or to just lay her fist there.

Brother, cheeks still stained with tears, stared at Tatsuya. His gaze was like that of an animal or that of a very, very young child and there could be seen a tentative trust. Milky red eyes honed in on the man, just watching and waiting to see what he would do next. Yet there was a light of doubt in there, wondering if they could even oppose him if he were to try anything.

In that moment, right there and then, never had the two seemed so... vulnerable?

Lost?</FONTFACE>
Unsure?

Maybe even,​
Afraid?​
<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">

The twins hadn’t been like this, not in a long time. Not the duo that would look up to and claim that fear was their greatest strength and not a weakness. The two who had so paid homage to the dark heathen gods of sleep, death and fear they had alone, to their knowledge, paid worship to.

This display, it was just too childlike that it would beg the question of just what horrible things had they witnessed to revert their minds into a state such as this? Indeed, they hadn’t shown such a display, not since they were four, two tiny things cowed by a scolding elder for acting their age.

“You are not peasant children, to be frolicking and playing around! You are Shoukyou and you should act like it. Look at how filthy you are; you two should be ashamed of yourselves! We told you, there is no time for playing! What if your brother was attacked while you were out doing such childish things? If he had gotten hurt? It would be your fault! Now, go clean yourselves up. You can join the family meal when you look like decent human beings.”

If mother saw them now, well, Tatsuya was right in thinking it wouldn’t be happy. Perhaps, father would be more understanding but they’d still be sent away and shut off from the rest of the world like the freakish things that they were.

Sister gave a curt nod even as sharp, untrimmed nails tried to dig into the elder’s palm. There was a resigned “Okay,” because... what other choice did they have right now?|[/col3]

• OutOfCharacter | Marked for Training at 416 words. It's up to the two of you; I won't mind either way, although I guess it should be moved to another topic with a timeskip because I think he's still in Cloud? I wouldn't mind RPing out some of the more mundane aspects of the aftermath of this either. It could be cute... or horribly bad, lol. Also, just dropping this link here to remind myself of it. Wait, what is Louise? Is she as summmoonnn? Maybe Tatsuya can teach the twins the Snake Contract, lol.

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"It's all right," Tatsuya said in as soothing a tone as he could manage. He'd never had to manipulate his siblings before really, but he had with many other people, albeit never ones this lost. "That's it. I'll get you something to eat and drink, okay? That should be our first priority."

They'd get looks, he knew. At least, if he went to a shop rather than heading back into the wilderness and hunting. A part of him ached to do the latter, but both he and they needed to have at least some contact with people. It would be better than facing Hoshikata cold.

...Which was another problem. What had his old friend done, become, in his absence? If Tatsuya didn't need him for the twins, he would have taken a bit more time preparing himself for that meeting. One that could happen the next day, or not for months. He had no idea where Hoshikata was, after all.

But that wasn't something he could focus on now, because if he did he'd get angry or frustrated all over again, and he couldn't afford that around a pair (?) of skittish empaths.

"Have you met anyone else friendly?" he asked, trying to keep his voice even. As he did, they had retainers. "If not, there may be more people trying to find you. I think we should stay in this area."

He glanced around, searching for a small café or something similar he could take them to. With a patio, preferably, so they could feel safer in the open air. Luckily the area was dotted with them. He picked one that seemed to be relatively quiet with a wide patio, and led them carefully over that way. They were still getting some looks, the odd three of them, but Tatsuya's presence meant those slid aside, preferring not to dwell on them.

[Sorry it took a while, I've been busy. Louise isn't a summon; just a talking snake. Isaki just left Cloud so we could meet him in IV if you like.]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]|With a glance at each other, the two ambled after their elder, Sister still holding his hand while Brother wrapped his fingers around his twin's wrist, as if they could be separated at a moment's notice. Of course, that was impossible, considering they were quite literally attached by the hip but that didn't matter to him.

"Prio... pri... priority," Sister whispered, trying the word out. Something impo-import... something that needs to be done first. Food and drink was priority, apparently. And maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But if it would lessen the clenching and clawing pain that they felt, then so be it.

Safety, that was their real priority, that much they both understood. Although it seems that they had it as long as they stayed with this man.</FONTFACE>
'Dragon man. Tatsuya.'
<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">

Wait, where did that come from? Who was Tatsuya? The man certainly hadn't introduced himself to them yet. Or maybe he did and they forgot.

But the question was replaced with another one from the man. They looked at each other as if they thought that a stupid question, the answer obvious. Had they met anyone friendly after they had woken up from the ice? There was... that girl but they had ran away from her before she could do anything else. And those people at the Cloud gates, that vile man and that little thing, little girl that hurt their poor ears.

In the end, they pointed at each other, blinking, before pointing to Tatsuya as well.

They quickly latched back on the dragon man though, letting themselves be dragged along to one of the cafes.

It was a quiet place compared to the other establishments in the area. A rarity indeed, considering the flow of people that came and went through Port Cirrus. Perhaps it was because of the expensive items on their menu, compared to the more affordable eats in their competing cafes. In fact, the other patrons seemed all the more cultured (or all the more snobby) than most of the crowd. And this made the two stick out like a sore thumb more than ever. Even one of the women eating out on the patio looked insulted by their presence, probably close to calling for the manager to throw such filth out.|[/col3]

• OutOfCharacter | Marked for Training at 380 words. If that still applies, sure.

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
One time, long ago, Tatsuya had thought he might need to discard any shred of kindness in him and lose his moral compass in order to make the rest of his life easier. Then he wouldn't care about right and wrong, he knew--he'd simply harm or kill whoever stood in his way and use his void powers without caring about the consequences.

His introspection on his little camping trip had taught him that he couldn't do that and remain true to himself, and that he had to be that above all else if he wished to retain his mind. More than any other person, he had to be true to himself, in thought and deed if not word.

So he had to make the decision to not sweep aside anyone who gave his siblings funny looks with the ease he could have, had to consciously not let the void out to suck the breath from their lungs, had to focus instead on trying to make them feel safe and not on hurting the people who outcast them. If he didn't--if he went with an impulse and made people afraid of him deliberately--then he wouldn't be true to who he was. As for what their mother would say when they met up with her again, he'd deal with it. It wasn't as if he objected to most of the things the clan did or kept themselves involved in, after all.

He let them latch onto him for comfort, ready to reach out and rest a hand on one of their shoulders, if needed. it didn't seem to be; they seemed to want to stay close to him.

He had other weapons he could use there, though.

"Excuse me," Tatsuya said to the head waiter, catching the man's arm effortlessly as he tried to breeze past. "Could we get a quiet table please? Thanks."

He let the man go and casually let his hand drift to his money pouch. He hadn't spent any in quite some time, so of course he still had plenty on him, and it was noticeable. Not to mention that all his clothes were very obviously professionally tailored, with the exception of his jacket.

His expression and body language along with his tone all said 'I am rich enough to buy this whole restaurant if I so chose and so certainly enough to eat here with whoever the hell I choose to.' Or maybe it just said 'I have a ton of money to throw at whatever I want.' Either worked, really.

The waiter took in all of this, missing the concealed weapons that Tatsuya would really rather not have shown off, and led them past the patio to a corner table.

"If you want me to order for you, I can," he said cheerfully to the twins. "I get the impression you'd rather not speak to anyone you don't have to? So if you recognize anything on the menu point it out, and if not I'll just try and get you something plain. Who knows, you might have contracted dysgeusia."

The words didn't match his new expression and body language, but they'd be able to feel with their empathy that Tatsuya was pretending to be completely unbothered by everything, when really he was radiating a rather intense protectiveness of them.

[You would not believe the month I've had. At this point maybe we should try and meet him in Moon, although if he's still in Mist maybe there.]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Topic Left due to Inactivity; Addy if you come back check the first post of this: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=40639

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back