Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Day one out of thousands [Tutor/Uri]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi had woken up at dawn just as his father left to get to his boat, just as every other day. However, today was different. Today marked his first day of official training with Eru Uri. For the most part his body had recovered from the physically intensive initial meeting with the man aside from a lingering soreness from overexertion of his muscles, but that was a feeling one needs to get used to when pushing themselves every day. Ryuichi quickly started gathering things he needed for however long Uri wanted to keep him from home.

It started with his mother's old blade that had very little ninja-combat capabilities. Something even his dad didn't know about, so he could take safely. He also took a necklace with a silver feather charm dangling from it's small chain, which was given as a birthday gift from a random kid he knew a few years ago that eventually left with his parents on a trading trip, since he wasn't going into the academy. The last thing he decided to bring was his mom's very last journal which was his favorite by far, talking about his time as a baby, and when his mom seemed to show signs of longing for the ninja life. It helped him believe she was out there somewhere completing missions with ease, and all so she could eventually come back to him with countless stories.

This thought used to move Ryuichi to tears when he was in an emotional mood, but today his expression was that of a well-honed determination. Starting today HE would be the one to be making the stories. He would train to become an elite, and surpass even his mother, who was supposedly high-chuunin/low jounin level in terms of power in her prime.

In any case, Ryuichi had to leave behind a note for his closest friend, who had cut connections for the past couple weeks due to honing in on training, and his own single-day tutoring that he had to prepare for. Needless to say, plans have changed.

'Chiomi.
I'm sorry to say it, but my old man insists that I spend time trying out his craft before fully deciding on being a ninja. He rented a much bigger boat and will be taking me on a trip that has an uncertain length.
All I know is that he prepared enough dried food for months.
I'm sorry for this being short notice, but I'll be back eventually.

Ya better show me how strong ya are when I can see!
~Otani Ruichi'

This seemed like a good cover. His dad already knew he'd be gone for a while on a supposed "test mission" and he couldn't care less, and since he always leaves at dawn there's no way for him and his close friend to run into each other, and prove this wrong. He snuck by Chiomi's house, and threw his note into a slightly open window in the form of a paper plane before running towards the colosseum, and in turn his new mentor.

A few minutes of running later, he finds himself in Shinbatsu's path, where he looked all over the now empty grounds looking for Uri. Not seeing him right away, he decided to sit beside the large obsidian statue of Shinbatsu, and go through every basic handsign in an effort to memorize and ingrain each one into his head. As he went he muttered the name of each hand sign as follows.

"Ox, monkey, hare, rat, bird, horse, tiger, dog, serpent....erm..." He held his hand in the serpent stance for a few moments trying to remember the next hand seal that he should memorize. "...Dragon?" He says, putting his hands into the correct position, aside from the misplaced pinky fingers, which were crossed over one another rather than pointed downwards.

Training does not feel comfortable when you have no direction to aim for.

[post:1/5]
[wc: 657]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uri started early that day. It was strange how he was somehow… sort of… inexplicably… excited. Ibaraki-san had to remind him to be careful. It wasn't like he was adopting a pet. A person wasn’t a pet. Heck, it was a kid. It was another troublemaker and that entailed far more than simple looking after. Nevertheless, he made sure to clean up the room of this small apartment he now owned on his own. It was a humble little place with a rather unique design. The previous owners had already transformed the place into something a 4-person would share. He figured they must have been siblings otherwise it would have been difficult. Nonetheless, just outside that room would be a small kitchenette and a toilet and bath. Just enough for anyone who was starting their own life. He whistled as he looked at his handiwork before spotting the wall clock. At that, he quickly left.

By the time he reached Shinbatsu’s path, which wasn’t really that long, he spotted the boy just beneath the giant statue. He could see the boy practicing his handseals and was reminded by that over-eager and overconfident kid that he met in the morning. Hopefully, he wouldn’t have to remind the latter about what transpired into the evening. Still, it was refreshing to see such a sight. Most of the time it was either grumpy, aloof or psychopathic anbus he had to contend with. Not that his guardian was of any of those.

In any case, as soon as he reached the boy, he waved a greeting before took out a handbook from his backpack and gave it to the boy. He then glanced about to look at the boy’s belongings, wondering if the latter understood his instructions a few nights ago.

“Here, answer this quick. It’ll be your record and some of the few things needed for your application as a student. Kind of like your portfolio as a student. And it would help you gauge your growth as well. After all, while I may be on the task to train you into an ANBU, you still need to pass the genie exam before anything else, really.” He paused as he would watch the boy take the handbook that looked like a journal though the first few pages would have something written on it, while the rest was pretty much empty. All the while, he snapped a wrapper open and began to eat a lollipop– method flavored that lingered in the air.

[WC: 421]
[Post: 1/5]

Contents of the first few pages of the journal:
Name: ________________
Height: ________________
Weight: ________________
Birth town: ________________
Date of Birth: ________________

Father: ________________

Mother: ________________

Other relatives: ________________

Life Motto: ________________
Aspiration: ________________

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young pre-teen noticed Uri, and quickly stood up, halting his hand seal practice. He waved his hand once at his side as a greeting and said, "Good mornin' Aoi-Sensei." as he approached, remembering to use his alias in case of anyone who could overhear him. When he was handed the logs, he nodded in agreement and looked over the first few pages to see what he had to fill.

He blew through most of the information pretty quickly since it was mostly personal info, but two things made him hesitate. The first was the information on his mother. He knew she wasn't from kumo herself, and this could be pretty detrimental if it was known that she was a shinobi. It was highly unlikely that they would let Ryuichi become ANBU if he had an emotional tie to someone from another village, even though her current whereabouts were unknown to him.

But on the other hand, lying wouldn't be the right choice here either since it would prove guilt should he be found out. So he decided to be vague filling out his mother's information.

The next thing he had a problem with was his motto. He never really thought of a single phrase or quote to live by that match his ideals, so thinking of one on the spot was a bit of a challenge. Eventually, though he found something that worked for him. 'The mountains I call home are worth more than the rest of the world.' Chances are he would change this when he sat and thought about it and his training progressed, but this would be a suitable placeholder that he still believed in by heart.

He handed the fresh log back along with the pen that was resting in the pages he was told to fill. He would then ask, "So what's the plan for today?" He asked, ready for whatever task was thrown at him.

[wc: 322+657=979 ]
[post 2/5]
Contents of the journal after filling it out;
Name: Otani Ryuichi

Height 167 cm
Weight: 53 kg
Birth town: Kumogakure
Date of birth: December 16th

Father: Otani Kai
Birth town: Kumogakure

Mother:Otani Kona
Occupation Stay at home mother (deceased)
Birthtown: Unknown, but most likely lightning country

Other relatives: An uncle who is a traveling merchant who comes through kumo once every other year.

Life Motto: The mountains I call home are worth more than the rest of the world.
Aspiration: To become an elite ninja who's both an inspiration to kumo, and to be feared by everyone else.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Hehhhhh-,” Uri made a long drawling sound as he quickly analyzed the answers and gave the boy a skeptical look. No, it was more of a judgmental look as he then closed the logs and pressed it back to the boy’s hands and said, “I was almost sure you’d write something like ‘I will become justice!’ Or the likes. How disappointing. Might as well throw you into one of the caves in the ravine if you want to live in a mountain.”

Of course, he was only teasing though given his history with the boy, there was a small chance that the boy would think he was being serious. In any case, he then glanced at the sparingly items the latter brought. Did Ryuichi think this was merely going to be a field trip or a few days camp? He sighed as he tapped the backside of his hand on Ryuichi’s head, knocking as it were. “Oi, oi. I said to pack properly, right? I’m not letting you out of my sight until you’ve settled as ANBU, and that means properly leaving home until then. Well, whatever. Let’s go.”

He didn't bother to wait for whatever reply the boy could have. Instead, he would lead him across the training ground, turn a corner into a corridor, walk a few more meters, until he finally came to another entrance on the other side of the normal path. They would exit the coliseum, but he would explain to the boy that they were still within the training grounds. Sort of an extension grounds. He points to the small building that was adjacent to the large wall of the coliseum, “That’s the infirmary. Any competitor or trainee gets to spend a few nights there. So far, there’s only been a few casualties so that’s good to hear, huh? In any case, I’ll introduce you to the resident doctor tomorrow. Today we have a more important thing to do.”

He would then continue to walk down the small road. It was almost like an alleyway, far from the thoroughfares of the main streets that held the stalls and many other festive shops that often catered to guests of the coliseum for those exciting matches and festivals. It was only a few paces before Uri would stop in front of a small humble-looking 2-storey tea house.
CJ3m1xZ.jpg
“This is the tea house, and upstairs is where you’ll be living from now on. If you need a part-time job to help with your finances, the master of the shop is always welcoming of apprentices of the art.”

It was still early and already there were quite a few people who were seated by the small table outside the shop, drinking to some good old hot tea and eating some dango or daifuku. Uri would bow lightly at them as they greeted him, before he walked around to the back where there was a separate entrance, a staircase going up to second floor. “I’ll introduce you to the master of the teahouse later, but for now, let’s get you settled. Let’s go.”

Up the wooden staircase, they would come to the second floor landing which was a small veranda and the Uri produced a set of keys that unlocked what seemed like a normal door. Opening it, he would enter and show the sparingly small space that first would greet them.
KCZVjNY.jpg
A 5-jo tatami room with a low brown table in the middle. The room had minimal decorations, and some of the essentials like a cabinet to the side which held some of the tablewares and cutleries and a water heater and a rice cooker and such. A small fan was plugged to the other side. There was sliding shoji door to one corner, and two more doors to the the sides. The first one was already open and showed a brief glimpse of the kitchenette. But before that, he had to teach the boy to leave out his shoes at the entry way where a shoe locker was at. Pristinely, all of his shoes were properly lined up. “There’s a fridge in the kitchen, and a stove too, so you can cook and save up your food for bento and the likes.”

What was this? It felt like touring. Well, he guessed it was pretty much like it.

He then proceeded to the smaller sliding door and showed the modest bathroom inside.
qcUCpMz.jpg
Modest in a way that he was quite proud on how he had managed to redesign it into what seemed to look like a second living room with a sliding slightly mosaic wall that led to the actual shower and tub. A separate door to the corner led to the toilet. “Apparently, when the master used this apartment, it was for his distinguished guests so he did a lot of upgrades. I simply had to clean some stuff to make it more useful. The drawers on the side are for your use too.”

Then he would finally lead the boy to the last of the sliding door from the main room earlier and upon opening it, Ryuichi would be treated to a rather large-looking room that had four beds (2 bunker styles) in a tatami room and with a tv.
FvE0aMh.jpg
Each would have their own curtain to give some privacy but over all the place looked simple enough. “This is where you’ll be living until we’re through. I expect you to keep it neat. Self-discipline is the first step to everything. Oh and I take the top one on the right side with the black curtains. The closet is on at that double sliding door on the other end.”

He paused and looked back at the boy. “Right, so I’ll be making some snacks outside. Feel free to settle down for now and meet me there when you’re ready.” With that, Uri paused again and then patted the boy on the head in a rather awkward motion before stepping out the room, shutting the sliding room in his wake.

[WC: 1,010 + 421 = 1,431]
[Post: 2/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uri's comment on throwing the white haired boy into a valley was met only with a chuckle. Ryuichi didn't have the confidence to say he was all talk when it came to these things, but he could safely feel like it was a joke. His small laugh was cut short by the revelation that he had completely forgotten to bring clothes due to him thinking more along the lines of the sentimental. He made a mental note to use the money he had left from money funds to grab an extra outfit and a toothbrush at some point soon.

Sure he had no chance to say any of this due to Uri's desire to move on with his day. The quick trip through the training grounds were pretty straight forward, making sure to try and remember where the infirmary is. A shiver down his spine gave him the feeling that this training would have him make a visit or two to the small building.

When they got to the tea house he could smell the soothing aroma of the brews made inside, letting a nice calm feeling fill his lungs. Walking through the tea house only made him want to sit down among the others and enjoy the foods and drink himself. Of course, seeing that he was now living right overhead that would be a possibility in the future.

Uri opening the door sent a wave of excitement through his body as he stepped inside. This place was already leagues above his old place in the slums in terms of quality. Where his old floors used to be barely put together wooden planks with small gapes that exposed the floors below, these seemed to be perfect tiles that made a satisfying click when walked on with hard shoes. His old doors were just barely held together with screws with several having a broken hinge, while this place had sliding doors that gave a satisfying rolling sound when opened or closed. These tiny things seemed to breath life into his new temporary home when compared to his old living conditions.

When he was taken to the bathroom he noted all the shelves, and how it seemed like a bit much just for himself, or even both him and Uri if this was his place. Otherwise there wasn't much else to note besides the fancy looking faucet for the tub, which seemed to look like it would mimic natural waterfall.

He then stepped into the bedroom and looked over the four bunked beds, taking a liking to the one with dark green curtains on the lower bunk opposite to Uri's claimed bunk. This confirmed his suspicion of Uri sleeping here, but the term "taking" the bunk most likely meant this was a new setup for Uri as well. Then for the first time since they left the training grounds Ryuchi spoke, saying "Right. I'll take this one on the bottom. I'll meet ya in a second." He then sat down on the bed, noting how comfortable it was. After a few minutes of thinking over his knew housing arrangement, he left his keepsake knife and necklace in a small shelf in his bunk, and went downstairs to the tea shop, and out the door to try and find the red head who was able to get all of this.

[post 3/5]
[WC:558+979= 1537]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uri was helping himself to a nice cup of tea and daifuku along the counter of the teahouse. While there were tables set along the place, there was also the counter. Most of the time, it was reserved for a few who didn't mind the bustling and the talking since it was near where the kitchen was. Others preferred the bit of serenity as they occupied the tables along the walls. Others liked the scenery and stayed by the outside tables.

Anyway, Uri didn't have to wait long for Ryuichi to come after him. He patted on the stool next to him where on the counter top was a cup of tea and a plate of dango. And as soon as the boy joined him, Uri glanced to the middle-aged man in a blue yukata who was gracefully and attentively decorating a plate with the many sweet deserts. "This is Otani Ryuichi. He'll be living with me starting today. If he causes you trouble, don't hesitate to discipline him." A weird introduction but that'll do. As if he forgot, he looked back at the boy, "Oh, this is the master of the teahouse. His name is Rokudo. Have a try at his samplers here."

He would watch the boy exchange greetings while he thought of all the necessary things to be done for today. A few of them now crossed out from his list.

[Post: 3/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi found Uri with relative ease and found himself sitting beside him, as per his non verbal command. He watched the man on the other end of the counter prepared the dango, and remembered how much he used to eat the stuff. There was one point where he spent the entire day eating sweets with his friend, Chiomi and eventually made a small tent out of the dango sticks before he ran out of money. Remembering these nostalgic times he grabbed one, and bowed his head to the owner. "Thank you. Like he said, I'm Otani Ryuichi. If I'm ever here and you need the help don't be afraid to ask. And I'll try to avoid....discipline." He let out a small chuckle and bit off one of the sweet dumplings, looking over to Uri.

Not noticing that Uri was thinking, the white-head decided to ask for something. "Say, U-I mean...Aoi-sensei. I think I need some taijutsu practice. I can already make some pretty bad clones, but there's progress there. My taijutsu is...really bad, though." He says, shrugging before eating the second dango dumpling from the skewer. With his mouth half full he continued. "That's up to you, though. I don't wanna suggest something that'll get me killed if I'm not ready."

Ryuichi finished the dango quickly, and used the skewer as a tooth pick, and thanked the blue-clad man for the treat. "I mean...everything about me needs work, so I guess it doesn't matter what we tackle first. I'm just a bit excited."

[wc: 253+1537=1790]
[post 4/5]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rokudo-san was quite happy to see the young boy in high spirits, and to finish his desert. While there were sweets meant for kids, this particular set is meant to be enjoyed by adults. Something to do with the tea’s specific brew and combination with the sweets. “I’m happy you appreciate my offerings. And don’t worry, we both know Ri-chan a softie deep down inside,” said the man with a tease of which Uri could only glare from where he was sat and drinking his tea. “Oh, don’t you give me that look. We both know it’s not really effective on me.”

The man gave a hearty laugh as he cleared the dishes away. Perhaps he was only the few who could ever survive or even dare to do so at him. At that point, Uri began to think about what Ryuichi said, trying to figure out what his next course of action with him would be. Something to do with proper physical training. “Don’t worry. I should be able to think up of a good regiment for you. Today is mostly introductions and getting you settled in. That way you will have a reason to survive.”

While the older shinobi was deep in thoughts, taking the brief moment to analyse the situation, there was a small photo frame on the back of the counter, along with the other little trinkets that Rokudo-san owned. Upon closer observation, it was a very familiar photo of a certain redhead though with longer hair and a little less amused at being taken a photograph.
JFIO8Oa.jpg

[WC: 264 + 1,431 + 234 = 1,929]
[Post: 4/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi couldn't help but chuckle at the older man's actions towards Uri. "I would agree, but the death stare sure does have an effect on me, sir." He joked, nodding to what Uri said shortly after. Of course, Uri's mentioning of the regime got him to perk up. "Makes sense. I'll probably go to the training grounds for basic physical exercises after I grab some extra clothes, and a toothbrush if that's fine with you, Aoi." He asked, stretching his arms in the air, and feeling blood pump through his body . He took a deep breath, smelling the lingering tea aroma in the air.

He was pretty lucky. Of course he was still kind of in shock considering how quickly the situation went from 'I'll break you, put you back together, then break you again until you become strong' to 'Here, have some tea, and a rent-free apartment' But at this point he just wanted to settle in. He decided to try some small talk with Uri, considering how he'd be spending a lot of time with the redhead. Nothing too personal though. "So...What's your favorite tea, Aoi-sensei?" He asks, noting the picture on the back counter. "Because it looks like you've been here long enough to know everything about tea." He says with a grin, wanting to slightly provoke him. He was pretty sure he wouldn't be killed if he did this a little bit.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uri paused for a bit. He raised a brow to the boy's question and then almost immediately, his eyes trained towards the ridiculously thingymajig counter where a picture of himself was at. His lips formed a dead straight line as his eyes sharpened. He almost seemed like he wasn't breathing until he finally sighed and then reached over a hand around the boy's shoulder and dragged him closer as he was about to reveal a long guarded secret.

"You'll know when you start working," he replied before he let go of the boy and then pushed aside the empty tea cup he had. He called out a thanks to Rokudo-san before he cued for the boy to follow. "Let's go. We've got a lot to cover. But you seem quite itching to move that body of yours so I've got a plan to hit two birds with one stone."

And with that, he left the teahouse, expecting the boy to follow.

[Post: 5/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi chuckled at Uri's reaction to his quip, and would have probably started actually laughing if the redhead hadn't pulled him closer. He had already figured he would have to help at the teahouse, so this didn't sound too much like a threat. Then....why had Uri said it as if it was one? That thought alone made Ryuichi shiver, and imagine what kind of work he'd have to do. He didn't even know what kind of extensive or hard work would need done at such a nice place like this, but the fear was lingering regardless.

The white-haired boy shook off most of the iffy feeling when Uri got up and started walking away. Ryuichi gave the man at the counter the empty cup he was given, and nodded with a "Thanks!" before tagging close behind his new mentor. Soon he found himself thinking. He had a close friend and a father who could probably start worrying if he hid from them so long. Was he supposed to keep himself hidden from them? He assumed he would, at least until he graduated the academy. This thought would linger in his head, as he spoke up to ask. "So, will I have to keep myself hidden from anyone I know while we train?" He says, putting his hands at the back of his head, as a cool breeze blew past him, making his entire outfit shift around slightly due to it's loose nature.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As they headed off, Ryuichi caught up to him and asked a question. He figured the boy was very much curious. Well, to be honest, he, too, was still conflicted. He forgot that unlike him, the boy had a family and obviously it wouldn't reflect well on the village of he forced the boy to abandon everything. That wasn't the way of things.

"No. Not really. You're already an academy student, so they know you're involved in the system. But if you're to become an anbu, there needs secrecy. I'm merely trying to help stage your secrecy. For now, you're still a student and will go on to become a proud member of the system's main branch... at least on paper. So you can visit them if you want, but limit it. And any information you spill will be on you. But I do warn you, the moment you've graduated from the academy, it'll be a different story. So take this chance to live alone, and tell them you're in your way to Independence." He paused and then glanced back down to Ryuichi, "Eventually, they'll get used to it. They'll accept your lies and you'll have to live with for the rest of your life. So you better choose well. Later on, we can always plan for a fake death if you're having a hard time. Saves the effort."

He spoke of it as if it was too easy and normal. But he patted the boy on the back for good measure, then led him further into the coliseum.

[TLUS]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Right. It did seem kind of lonely...The only people who could know who you really are are other ANBU. He didn't even know what kind of relationships ANBU had with one another. Was it one of companionship and brotherhood? Or purely business? No way of knowing yet, and Ryuichi had no intention of giving up when he was on the right path.

"I understand. As far as anyone knows, I'll be a below average gennin." He said, nodding. "And I already lie all the time...no changes here." His tension was eased. Despite how harsh it sounded, it's not like he was against the change. He knew training would cause him to spend less time with others to begin with, and he would be staying with Uri. He seemed like he cared about the current situation, even just a little bit. This meant he would have some chance for companionship. To top it off, it seemed like their apartment was designed for multiple people to stay...would other nin be living with them? Would they be ANBU? If not, then even the apartment he will be calling home wouldn't be a safe place to talk about it.

He decided not to dwell on it, and focus at the task at hand. "Alright. I'm ready. For both the lies, and the training. Let's do it!" He slapped his hands together to hype himself up as he walked beside Uri into the training area.

[Topic left, and completed]
[WC:240+242+236+1790 (2508)]
[5 post requirement met]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back