Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Death Becomes You: Body 1 [Event]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Tracking Grounds is one of Sunagakure's better kept secrets, of recent construction this is considered to be a training area for Ranger hopefuls. Various wild environments are in housed by a series of fences, with a great pentagon in the middle. Rangers train themselves against the elements and wildlife here as they seek to become one with nature. Each environment has the crest of the Rangers residing above it, and each crest is a different color representing what environments one can expect within. Animal cries can be heard from within, whether these animals are prey or companions only a Ranger would know.

The building would be large if one saw what they expected, however ascribed within the beams and fences of this establishment is a series of ancient seals that were thought to be lost to the old Journeyman Order which was recently revived. The actual area is quite expansive, covering miles of terrain but it is housed on less than an acre of property. You see, it is larger on the inside than it is on the outside.

There is a total of five distinct biomes as well as an administrative office. The crime would be found in the Administrative Office.

The administrative office is a small, rather neat place that serves as an entrance into the honeycomb-like bimoes beyond. So yes, the entryway into the further biomes was where the murder transpired shortly after dawn. The Administrative Office was not a particularly heavily trafficked area but it still took a lot of gall to kill a man in a place where there would be likely intervention. The victim was none other than 22 year old Haku Kaji, a member of the main house Haku family found nailed to the wall. His gut was cut open and a length of intestine was hanging out. His hands and his feet were nailed to the wall with nine inch long nails, they appeared to be the sort of thing used by construction workers, perhaps the ones working on the wall. Stuffed in his mouth was a note that made a request of the investigator: I want to play a game. Find me! It was written in red ink, but that was not the only thing one would find in this room, they would see numbers written on the walls in the victim's blood. 1̧̺̣̱̰͙̖̙̙̥̮̞͍̠̼͟͜͢ on the wall to the right of the body. 2̛̥̞͕͍̫̪̬̳̻̮̻ written on the wall directly across from the body. 3͏̴̦͙̞̭̲͖̦̪͇̬̗̰̝̻͚̀ written on the wall to the left of the body and finally written in already dried blood over the victim's head it said Ḇ̷̶̸̭͕̪̲̗ͅr̵͎̺̭̬̼̼̳̻͚̮̹̯̺̠͕͎ę̴̴̳̪̮̠̥̤̹̞̹͔̦͖̥̹̼͙̺͘ͅá̷̧̤̗̯̹̪̹̣̼̺͈̼̬̫̭k̶̷̠̦̼̩͚̲͍͈̪͘ͅ ̧̢͇̻̪̹̟̬̪̖̪̫̺̦̀͢͝M̷̷҉̨̱͖̹̦̼ͅe̷͟͟͝͏̬̘͈̩̩̤̰̯̺̗̱̳̞͙̜̜!͉̮̦̲̙̜͔̟̟̟̀͜͞͞͠ͅͅ.

There were no witnesses with this victim and it was obvious that the killer wanted this body found, the door was unlocked and this macabre display was meant to be assessed, the question is WHY?

This is one of 4 threads, each thread I will be posting in every Thursday (excluding this one) so feel free to join a thread. These Event threads are all connected, I have no qualms with players joining multiple threads if they want to use their noodles to solve these crimes. These threads are all a part of one event but if you feel that you will not be able to keep up, limit yourself to the thread(s) you feel you can manage. This will be a very short adventure because it is really the start of a terrible game.

Please note: this does not mean that players can surpass their slot maximum -- these threads (less the first one) would be considered normal RP threads, the first would be considered an event thread. Additionally, while I will be posting once per week in these threads with findings and information, feel free to post multiple times with the participants. No need to slow things down because I am a slow-poke.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
The rangers were in a poor state. Most of it could be blamed to their Ranger Lord. It was the duty of their leader to lead it. Senju Kazuki was the Ranger's current chief. He was a foreigner, lacking the necessary tradition that such a position should carry. Although he compensated by having an overabundance of skill. As an ANBU for, pretty much his entire life, the Overlord was a natural at being a Ranger. It was why Takahashi Sousuke had decided to appoint him into such position. It had to be said though, that the White Wolf had not been this group's first commanding officer, he had inherited this rank from the first Lord. He gained an Order in shambles and was trying to rebuild it. It was not a successful venture so far. Perhaps things would change in the future. Once the war with the Daimyo, and with those Ancients was over, he could dedicate much of his time into rebuilding Sunagakure's age old defenders. But for now, the Ranger Order would have to suffer until such happy times would come. Still, it was outrageous to have a murder happen in the office of a place he was supposed to command.

The Silvery Haired Man had entered the office in the hopes of finding some files about an intrusive tiny rodent species that had been plaguing his clan's grounds when he found a spectacle that could not be ignored. A man had been murdered inside the office and he was nailed to one of the walls. Reaper kept his cool and discarded his original intentions for entering this place. A murder had happened and the culprit had to be brought to justice. The Ranger Lord slowly approached the corpse, stopping a good distance away so he would not disturb anything or destroy potential evidence. His sight was as good as any and so he was able to deduce the victim was quite young. A wide gap in his gut allowed a portion of the man's intestine to hang out. Both hands and feet had been nailed to the wall, suspending the cadaver. From the distance, Kazuki noticed there was something inside the young man's mouth so he used his shadow abilities to remove it without tampering with the scene. I want to play a game. Find me! were the words he saw written down on a piece of paper he had just removed from the boy's mouth. It seemed to be written in red ink, but what had been written in the walls was not. The numbers 1 to 3 had been written down, using the murdered's blood. And above the corpse, the ominous words "Break me". A rather crude form of humor.

An initial observation would allow only one possible conclusion. Whoever had done this was capable of stealth, since no one had seen or heard anything. On the other hand, he or she clearly wanted to be found, otherwise, why mount such a show? The reason of death could be credited to the gap in the abdominal area, but the Senju Overlord doubt it. Such a gash would create a ton of blood lying on the floor, among other substances, but besides the one used to write those numbers and those words, there was no other blood to be found. Meaning death had been caused by something else. But what? Although he was keeping a level head, the White Wolf was certainly not amused. The audacity of having someone killed in his office, was blood boiling. If he ever found the killer, he would make him pay. As result of his controlled anger, the air around him was even cooler than usual. If there were other people to help him investigate, they better come prepared with warm clothing.​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1HFuDAG2Ms][b][u]Hunter's Moon[/u][/b][/url]]"]
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki
2psqh6v.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Only one would come to the site of the murder, a Senju Kazuki. A foreign Kohona delegate and Iwa representative turned Sunan Sennin, so this was the leader of the infamous antediluvian Order of the Rangers. Sunagakure was at one time steeped in tradition, the ways of the old better than the new having worked so well for them many times in the past, centuries of repetition had perfected their efforts into an art. But times changed and perhaps it was because the Rangers were so good at their job they found themselves lacking, no longer needed by the denizens of this country they fell to the wayside, eventually lost to obscurity by all but a few traditionalists. Kazuki was trying to make sense of lost and potentially irrelevant traditions that were designed to fight a specific threat that was no longer their primary concern. Perhaps that was why he found it so difficult to rebuild.

There was no way for Kazuki to know who did this, but there was a lot of things one could discern from this scene. The nails that pierced through the victims' hands were covered in blood that ran down both of their arms and dripped off their toes but there was hardly a puddle on the floor. Perhaps a man so accustomed to death's grip would know that when someone dies they do not actively bleed, there was something queer about this scene in particular. He would be able to determine a few things of course. First: The victim was still alive when they were nailed to this wall. Second: death was most likely caused by the near vivisection of the victim, the cut went through almost to the other side, a portion of the victim's ivory spine could be seen through the gore. Third: There was not enough blood. As Kazuki looked over the deceased, he would recognize the young man as a Jounin and a Ranger hopeful. His name was Chozu Hideki, a teenager who had an interest in demonology and teaching but ever since the Cabal attacks a few years ago and a fateful meeting with one of the Cabal agents, Saiga he wanted to become an avatar for justice. He appeared promising in terms of combat efficiency and his ethic appeared to be steadfast, his death would ultimately be a loss for the Rangers. [Yes, this was an actual Teacher NPC that taught a class 2 years ago.] He was dead now, his visage was contorted into a terrible expression of anguish and dread. [This basic information regarding the victim would be known to you, including his desire for justice and proficiency.]

The note Kazuki recovered with written in red ink, in fact there was a red pen on the desk. It was there to engage the Sennin in a sick and twisted game. If Kazuki were to look around he would note that the office papers were neatly stacked in proper order, the floor was clean and clear of debris. If a struggle took place, it did not last for long. There was a circle, however, on the floor that was crudely drawn into the carpet and nearly soaked up. There was dried blood there making a nearly perfect circle on the floor below. Had Kazuki seen this before? Perhaps, if so he would know exactly what it was. If not, it would be something to take note of and learn about later.

The temperature in the room would drop by several factors and a thin layer of frost would roll over everything in the space. There was nobody but him and a dead man in the room with this odd arrangement of numbers on each of the walls. What did they mean? What did the killer want from him? 1... 2... 3... and on the fourth it said break me. What could it all mean?

OC: Expected more participants. There is a riddle here, solve it for the next step. Will post whenever you post in here since there is not a mess of people to keep up on.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
No else had come. It was not something to be in awe for. The Ranger order was something new and due to their secretive nature, few people were even aware of their revival. Lack of proper leadership, either before Kazuki's tenure or throughout it, were certainly the cause of lack of interest about the Order. But the void of people was also a blessing. By not being constantly interrupted by others, Kazuki could solve this mystery at his own leisure, but it would be done especially faster if he was alone, since he would not be constantly interrupted. Furthermore, there would be no need to preserve the crime scene any longer since he was the only one trying to crack this riddle of sorts. Using this to his advantage, the Senju Overlord approached the corpse and run a very thorough analysis. Moments later, he had found several findings and had been able to deduce a few things. First and foremost, there was a severe lack of blood for such a gruesome murder. The room was still in an impeccable state. Meaning the struggle had been quite a short one and quite one sided or the assassin took his time to tidy it up. The nails that fixated the body to the wall were dripping from blood, fluid that had made his way down the victim's arms. Something he had missed in his initial inspection. And that was a clear sign that the boy had been alive at that the time.

Because he was near, the White Wolf concluded that the near vivisection had actually been the cause of murder, he actually could see portions of the man's spine. It was short of impossible to survive such a thing. The lack of blood also meant that this kill was not an ordinary killing. Something extraordinary had happened. Something corroborated by the ritualistic circle he eventually found on the floor. A careful analysis allowed him to conclude the circle had been done with blood. The killer's or the murdered's? He had never seen that pattern before, but he was quite certain it belong to any kind of ritual. But what ritual it belonged to? The Silvery Haired Man had no clue at all. If only he knew this ritual belong to those crazed Jashinist cultists. Lastly, but not least, Reaper actually knew the victim. His name had been Chozu Hideki, a ranger in training that showed great promise. A self-appointed avatar of justice after a fateful encounter with a Cabal member. The fact that he had been murdered could mean the murderer had any relation to the Cabal itself, but it was just speculation on the Occult Sennin's part. There was little else he could deduce for now. The only thing left to crack was the bloody numbers and letters on each wall. 1...2...3...Break me. Why had the killer troubled himself to number each wall? The sentence Break me seemed to lead him to crush the wall where the corpse stood. But it would be quite crude of the assassin. An initial conclusion lead to an actual physical crush of the wall, but it did not seem correct. Perhaps. "If only I could speak with who has done it. If only I could avenge you." the Ranger Lord would note as he shook his head. He was still in front of the body, hands held in each side of his waist.​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1HFuDAG2Ms][b][u]Hunter's Moon[/u][/b][/url]]"]
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki
2psqh6v.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
A crackle of static, something came to life. It was not the dead body nailed to the wall. No, he was a goner for sure. But there was something, a headset earpiece that was now whispering sweet nothings to an unknown audience. "Break the fourth wall. Haha! Get it, break the fourth wall!" A madman's voice cackled over the speaker. "I know... I know... I totally slay you. Just not yet." The voice seemed to have a queer mixture of humor and malice. "But-but we have a game to play. I have been so bored these past few months. The murder and the blood... the screaming and the pleading... it just seems to lack this... how you say je ne sais quoi."</B><i></i> (Since this is moving you from English to French and while it is a common phrase in English despite being a french phrase this basically equates to "an intangible quality that makes something distinctive or attractive." I would assume in context on NC it would be the use of an archaic 'dead' language.)

His laughter seemed giddy, he had so much to say to his playmate. <B>"I like GAMES. Do YOU like GAMES?" The man on the other line was a man Kazuki had never heard before, if he had their meeting previously was utterly forgettable. Perhaps this one would fare better in their memory. "You're about to play my favorite game. Hide and Seek. You see, you and all your ninja friends are the seekers. Me and the seekers I HURT... are the hiders." He was not exaggerating, bodies were springing up all over town. This was not the first body nor would it prove to be the last.

"I have set-up some some hilarious traps. Ever hear of a one-way door?. It truly is the tragic arrangement of 'A Flat'," an excited voice prattled on. "But enough about me. I want to know something about YOU. What makes you TICK? What makes you PLAY? Tell me a bit about yourself Ranger-san... Have not seen a real one yet. Will you be the first? THE LAST?" A maniacal laughter would erupt from the headset.

C'mon... let's play!​

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
As if a higher power had been listening to Kazuki, a voice suddenly made itself heard inside the room. The sound of static heralded the arrival of the voice, indicating whoever was speaking, was doing so via a concealed headset. Break the fourth wall. Haha! Get it, break the fourth wall! I know… I know… I totally slay. Just not yet.” the unknown voice said to him. The Senju Overlord had never heard this man before in his entire lifetime. But he was certain of one thing, without requiring previous knowledge of the character. Whoever was talking to him, had a sick sense of humor and was clearly a madman. And people called him a monster. Clearly they never had the displeasure of being acquainted to this fellow. ”But-But we have a game to play. I have been so bored these past few months. The murder and the blood… the screaming and the pleading… it just seems to lack this… how you say je ne sais quoi.” the unknown assailant continued, finishing with a laughter. Were he a different man, and the Silvery Haired Man would have shills down his spine, but he had fought demons and monsters before. A deranged man, no matter how dangerous he could ultimately be, would not be able to scare him.

”I like GAMES. Do YOU like GAMES?” the man would question. By now, the White Wolf was searching for the source of the voice, but unfortunately, his quests was coming unfruitful. The voice seemed to come from everywhere. He would to contend himself to listening and try to exploit any possible opening. ”You’re about to play my favorite game. Hide and Seek. You see , you and all your ninja friends are the seekers. Me and the seekers I HURT… are the hiders. I have set-up some some hilarious traps. Ever hear of a one-way door? It truly is the tragic arrangement of ‘A flat’.” the bodiless voice kept rambling on. Reaper was only half listening to what the man had to say. He was trying to make some sense of the damn scene, but he was failing so far. ”But enough about me. I want to know something about YOU. What makes you TICK? What makes you PLAY? Tell me a bit about yourself Ranger-san… Have not seen a real one yet. Will you be the first? THE LAST?” the disembodied voice continued, this time turning the focus of the conversation from himself to the Ranger Lord.

So the assassin was in a gamey mood? Time to test him. Perhaps this had started on his playground and by his rules. But the Death Court Lord was about to change the rule set. He had stayed in silence throughout the entire time the guy was speaking. And he remained so a little while longer. "If you are not aware, I hope I can enlighten you about this. It seems your showing certain symptoms that indicates a certain illness. Fortunately, recent medical breakthroughs have created a cure to your malady. In fact, Sunagakure, the village that you are currently in and, apparently, are murdering its good folk, has such a facility that will accept you under certain circumstances and will try to heal you up. You just need to say the word and I will facilitate your admission." Kazuki would state once he broke silence.

[MFT=561]​
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki
2psqh6v.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He tried to reason with a man like Shouki. It would be like trying to converse with a rabid tiger. Well, perhaps worse. A tiger has only a hunter's instinct, a sense of self preservation and a need to sate their hunger. Shouki, as mad as he might be, had an intent, an intellect and a perverse worldview and sense of 'fun.' "Malady... HA!"<i></i> The voice replied; to him Kazuki was the madman. "No Ranger-san, I assure you that I am quite well. Poor lil' Hideki here... he might have to call into work sick." He let out a maniacal laugh. Yes, he knew his victim's name. "It is amazing what a dying man will share," he was taunting the Sennin not that he knew that it was a Sennin on the other end of the transmitter.

The sound of something rustling could be heard.

"I have a job for you Ranger,"<i></i> a sinister voice echoed after a short pause. He was about to give Kazuki some basic instruction. "Reach up unless you are incredibly tall. Are you tall? Or are you squat? I am starting to imagine a midget."</B><i></i> Was he trying to goad the Sennin? Maybe. <B>"You might need to push the desk against the wall, don't worry about Hideki... he won't feel a thing." He chuckled. There was a pause as the static overwhelmed the reception. "Reach up. UP to his ear. I did not hide it well, I doubt you are into dead men. If you are, by all means take your time. Take your time." If Kazuki conformed to the madman's request he would find a headset that was turned OFF. The headset seemed a bit cleaner than the rest of Hideki, while the room was not covered in blood the deadman himself could have been cleaner. The sweat and the blood seemed to have avoided the fragile earpiece.

The room went deathly silent even if Kazuki failed to retrieve the headset. The static ceased. The madman had turned off all communications. If Kazuki turned the headset on, he would hear an open line and the sound of someone crying. It was this echoing sound and whoever it was sounded young. "Hello?" A terrified voice called out but not to Kazuki even if he said something. "P-please... Mister.. p-please let me go." There was the sound of something scraping, someone stepping. "No! Please don't!" There were a few more steps taken. "NO!"

There was laughter. It was the same madman.

Static seemed to overwhelm the transmission. It was as if the headset was being man-handled. "Are you ready...?" He was expecting an immediate response. Was there a reply at all?

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"Malady... HA! No Ranger-san, I assure you that I am quite well. Poor lil' Hideki here... he might have to call into work sick. It is amazing what a dying man will share," the assassin would return. It would seem he found Kazuki's proposal funny. And idiotic. Trying to bring him out of balance had failed this time, but more opportunities would arise and the Senju Overlord would fabricate them if necessary. The sound of rustling would be heard before the killer began speaking again. "I have a job for you Ranger. Reach up unless you are incredibly tall. Are you tall? Or are you squat? I am starting to imagine a midget. You might need to push the desk against the wall, don't worry about Hideki... he won't feel a thing. Reach up. UP to his ear. I did not hide it well, I doubt you are into dead men. If you are, by all means take your time. Take your time." "Ever heard of a Hobbit before? That is what I am." Reaper would answer him as he approached the body. He had no interest in touching the corpse just yet. But, thankfully, to retrieve whatever Shouki wanted him to grab, he did not need to provoke physical contact. He just needed to use his shadows to do the job. A single shadowy tendril would be shot from the White Wolf's main shadow, heading toward the ear of the once living ranger initiate. His appendage would find something lodged there, something else beyond the former shinobi's flesh. A headset would be deposited on the Silvery Haired Man's right hand.

The room had gone quiet since the assassin had finished relaying his instructions. In fact, not even static could be heard. He had cut off all communications with the room. After analyzing the earpiece a bit, the Ranger Lord noticed it was off. There was only one thing to do. To turn it on. Immediately, the sound of someone crying would be heard. Whoever held the speaker was afraid of something. "Hello?" A terrified voice called out. The Death Court stood in silence. Speaking was pointless until he knew what was going on. And if he was right, and he usually was, this young man was at the killer's mercy and if so, he, or she, was as good as dead. "P-please... Mister.. p-please let me go. No! Please don't! NO!" the voice begged. Kazuki was positively certain the boy was practically dead once he heard someone laughing. He recognized the voice as belonging to the same individual that had spoke to him before.

Static would once again fill the transmission. "Are you ready...?" Shouki would ask. Now, there was little the Senju Overlord could do to save the little boy or girl. Considering what had happened to the Ranger Initiate, it was easy to deduce the assassin was an apt fighter, exceptionally skilled even. Unless he was willing to spare his next victim so he could provoke a confrontation with the White Wolf, his new victim would die anytime soon. Not that is bothered him much to begin with. "What took you so long? I was about to take a nap over here." Reaper would question back, using a very bored tone. Now, would this unsettle Shouki?​
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki
2psqh6v.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Returning to Sunagakure was like Christmas morning. It was like a politician in a foreign brothel. It was like letting a serial killer loose in an orphanage. It was like... well, you get the picture. He was absolutely giddy with excitement. The blood. The screaming pleas for mercy, life and freedom were like music to his ears. He had been anticipating his return for some time, considering riddles, new and terrific ways to murder people and of course the showmanship of placing them on display. These things had consumed his thoughts and gave him wakeful nights for the last week.

"What took you so long? I was about to take a nap over here." <i></i>

It did not unsettle him, it disappointed him.

"You could at least appreciate the bravado..." he complained. "What a fucking buzzkill," he griped. Well, it cannot be helped. This stick in the mud is the one that answered the call, he would find a way to make this encounter worthwhile for one of them. The important one among them of course, himself. He was a selfish man by nature, everything was about him. About making his point regardless of who it hurt. He had no delusions that he was making the world a better place and had no psudo-political stance to salve the bruised perception the world might have of his asshattery. He was an awful person and he embraced it.

"Sorry there kiddo, thought we were gonna have ourselves a hero." Shouki actually sounded somewhat disappointed as he broke the 'bad' news.

"What?" The kid did not understand, but it seemed he caught on. "No.... NO! Stop!" He protested, his voice seemed panicked.

Something was knocked over, a crash could be heard along with some shuffling. "No! Get off me!" A grunt followed by the crack of a slap. A gasp, "please" he coughed desperately.

The reply was nothing more than maddened laughed rejoined by the screams of the young man. He took his time, whatever transpired between them seemed to be far away as if the headset was tossed aside. The screams and the pleas for mercy would devolve into grunts, gurgles and wheezes, the occasional harsh, rattling noise. He was not dead yet but from the sound of things he likely wished he was. Whatever happened between them went on for some time, Shouki certainly lost track of it as most people do when they are having fun. None the less he sounded winded and in good spirits, whistling as the headset was retrieved. "Gonna be dead before you got here even if I gave you an awesome riddle. Had one written to... but got a bit too handsy with this one," the madman admitted. A desperate wheeze persists. "Quiet you," he snapped, a terrible cracking sound was heard. "...Rude," he muttered. "HA!" He laughed in response to some sort of secret joke he had with himself. There was no other noise.

Carrying on.

Moving on.

That is something even monsters do.

There would be some fumbling on Shouki's end. A loud sigh would precede his next statement. "Well Ranger-san... he's dead. You're pretty boring. But keep the headset, my gift to you. I have people to rape, defenseless victims to kill, terrible things to see... I am sure you understand. Kages to maim, Sennins to kill..." work.... work... work...Just another Tuesday here folks. The Sennin was right, there was no saving the boy but the madman on the other end was looking to be engaged a lot like a young child spinning about performing nonsense at a gathering. There is only so long that he could or he would talk to himself. "Shit," he seemed to realize something. "That one was supposed to last," he grumbled to himself. "Oh well, Rodger and out --" he would prepare to end his transmission.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
It would seem Shouki was a hard man to please. Or he had found the worst opponent possible in Kazuki. Maybe had expected a hero, or at least, a normal human being. But the Senju Overlord was neither. Nor he wasn’t even human to begin with, nor he was exactly normal. And he certainly was no hero. Anti-hero was, probably, the best definition one could attribute to him. ”You could at least appreciate the bravado… What a fucking buzzkill.” the killer would complain. In a way, Reaper was even worse than him could ever be. Shouki was a killer and he enjoyed what he did, but the White Wolf was Death itself. Reaping everyone was his fate and he felt no joy over it. Even the Jashinist, capable of staving death to the extreme, would fall prey to the Silvery Haired Man someday. ”Sorry there kiddo, thought we were gonna have ourselves a hero.” the Cabal member would speak to his captive. The bodiless voice seemed genuinely disappointed about that. ”Sorry to disappoint you, but you rang at the wrong door here.” the Death Court Lord would note.

By then, the boy began to beg for his life. The sentence had been declared and the only thing left was to carry it. ”What? No… NO! Stop! No! Get off me! please Begging was replaced by shouting and laughing and Kazuki was certain the boy’s life was forfeit, even if the kid had a sliver of health still on him. Sometime later, Shouki would begin speaking to him again. ”Gonna be dead before you got here even if I gave you an awesome riddle. Had one written to… but got a bit too handsy with this one. Quiet you!… Rude. HA!” Silence would come again. A lough sigh would precede his next statement. ”well Ranger-san… he’s dead. You’re pretty boring. But keep the headset, my gift to you. I have people to rape, defenseless victims to kill, terrible things to see… I am sure you understand. Kages to maim, Sennins to kill…” ”Seems like you have busy life. But your words make me sad, I thought we were going to have fun, you and I.” the Senju Overlord would note, trying to goad him. ”Shit. That one was supposed to last. Oh well, Rodger and out…”
”Going so soon? And you call me a buzzkill. Ever looked at a mirror? I guess not. In fact, judging you only communicate via radio, I must believe you’re so ugly, you would break glass.” Reaper would declare. Would this get some reaction from Shouki? ”But from midget to butt ugly, help me understand you. Why are killing children? Because they can’t defend themselves? Does that give you satisfaction? Would it not be better if you tried that same thing on people that can respond back? What about animals? Do you fancy killing them? Demons? Do you drink their blood and piss for strength? What about ingesting whale sperm for fertility? Are you into that?” he would question. Each inquiry more random than the last. The White Wolf was trying to prolong the call as much as possible so he could figure out as much as possible about this individual. Sooner or later, he would find him and claim him​
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki
2psqh6v.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Going so soon? And you call me a buzzkill. Ever looked at a mirror? I guess not. In fact, judging you only communicate via radio, I must believe you’re so ugly, you would break glass.”

"Maybe. I'd say I am always pretty to my mommy but she is a bitch... always saying I am a psychopath. Asking me to stop hitting her. A nag," Shouki would complain about his prude of a mother. She always complained about his abusive behavior. Scolded him for messy murders. Told him they could not fuck. He never listened to her, but she never shut up. Yes, it was an abusive relationship, there often was when referring to a madman's parents but the assumption was usually that the parents were the perpetrators but that was untrue in this case.

"But from midget to butt ugly, help me understand you. Why are killing children? Because they can’t defend themselves? Does that give you satisfaction?"

"Sometimes... I also like their little legs and how they try to run. Their alligator tears turning to actual evidence of anguish and fear..."[/b] He made a strange noise on the other end, it would be an unsettling sound.

"Would it not be better if you tried that same thing on people that can respond back?"

Did he forget about the guy on the wall. Well, the kid was a scrub. "Hmmm..."

"What about animals? Do you fancy killing them?"

"Ha-Ha! YES!"

"Demons? Do you drink their blood and piss for strength?"

Blood, yes. Piss... not yet," he was an adventurous sort always willing to try things once. You would think his willingness to try new things would make him a real lady killer -- well it totally did but in a different way.

What about ingesting whale sperm for fertility? Are you into that?”

"...sounds chewy." He pondered out loud.

"But this is not about me this is about you Ranger-san. I mean, you sound like an A-Class weirdo with the whale sperm fertility trick. I like that. Where did you learn the trick? Ninja school. You mum. Do you date a literal rather than metaphorical whale? What is that like. Also means you bat for the other team. Don't worry, I am progressive." Shouki seemed to be interested in idle chatter. The sound of a door opening could be heard as well as the sound of boots trudging up stairs. Then there was a grating sound, almost like stone as well as an inhuman groan. "Tell me, do you have a wife? A boyfriend? Kids." the crunch of gravel could be heard. "Me? I got a pretty little thing. OK... had. I dumped her" into a shallow grave."But don't worry, I am on the prowl. Already got a lovely in mind," he just could not get Harupia out of his mind. He was certain that Harupia would look great in a pair of cuffs.

"But since you seem to be a chatterbox and you have taken some interest. A little tit for tat..." he announced, this was the start of a fresh game. Maybe this time the victim would survive. "Name for a name. I will know if you lied... Vocation for ...sure I could call this a job. Ready to play?"

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Kazuki had thrown a mild insult toward Shouki. But it would seem the guy had answer for everything and either had a terrific ability to absorb jabs or was very good at disguising his true feelings. ”Maybe. I’d say I am always pretty to my mommy but she is a bitch… always saying I am a psychopath. Asking me to stop hitting her. A nag.” Madman indeed. Not that the Senju Overlord was a paramount in terms of adoring his parenthood. After all, his father was dead and the deed had been done by his own hands. ”You do know that people say mom’s always know best. Perhaps you should listen to her more, if she is still alive, that is.” Reaper would casually note, before unleashing a series of questions upon the Assassin. ”Sometimes… I also like their little legs and how they try to run. Their alligator tears turning to actual evidence of anguish and fear… Hummm… Ha-Ha! YES… Blood, yes. Piss… not yet. Sounds chewy.” Shouki answered each and every question almost immediately. The Silvery Haired Man was quite certain he was talking with a psychopath, but with each response, his certainty increased. This guy was not normal, again not that the White Wolf was one man to point fingers at it, but still. ”But this is not about me, this is about you Ranger-san. I mean, you sound like an A-Class weirdo with the whale sperm fertility trick. I like that. Where did you learn the trick? Ninja school. You mum. Do you date a literal rather than a metaphorical whale? What is that like. Also means you bat for the other team. Don’t worry , I am progressive.” Shouki rambled on. Between their banter, the Ranger Lord also heard the sound of a door opening and boots trudging up stairs. The killer was on the move. ”No, you are wrong. This is all about you. I am merely a spectator that had the privilege of having some intervention onto the scene that is unfolding. Unless you wish to elevate me to the role of secondary actor here.” the Death Court Lord would calmly note. ”As for the whale sperm trick, I have no idea. I just threw that out into our conversation. From A-Class weirdo to another.” he would add.

A groan later and as the sound of gravel being crunched reached Kazuki’s ears, Shouki would continue. ”Tell me, do you have a wife? A boyfriend? Kids.” the killer would question. It seemed also a casual inquiry. Like a guy trying to know another, but Kazuki could figure out an ulterior motive for such questioning. He searching for his next target, most probably. But even if he was gullible enough to truthfully answer to the man’s question, and the Senju Overlord was not, most of the people he cared about were, either dead or missing. There were no close targets to him. That did not mean he could not outright lie. ”Neither, but I do have some love prospects. Wanna know who they are?” the Occult Sennin would question. ”Me? I got a pretty little think. OK… had. I dumped her. But don’t worry, I am on the prowl. Already got a lovely in mind.” Shouki would confess, without saying who this lovely was. The White Wolf almost prayed for the poor soul. ”But since you seem to be a chatterbox and you have taken some interest. A little tit for tat…Name for a name. I will know if you lied… Vocation for… sure I could call this a job. Ready to play? Things were getting interesting now. The questions were getting personal, he was trying to fish for information. But he wanted to play, so let’s play. ”Name and vocation? Kamaru and I am a spy. Your turn. ” Reaper calmly answered. A total bluff on his part.​
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki
2psqh6v.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
”You do know that people say mom’s always know best. Perhaps you should listen to her more, if she is still alive, that is.”

Their 'family issues' were potentially a bonding point for the two of them, a pair of psychopathic peas in a pod. His parents were both very much alive, not that Shouki knew that. He was the one that dispatched Roku to burn the witch once and for all. She was no longer necessary, he had learned everything had cared to from her books and the woman herself was rather insufferable with her pride and self-righteousness. Not that death was the end, rather a transition of power, something he understood better than most not only from his mother's research but also his father's religious sermons and Nao's guidance in the occult. Was he some sort of demon-worshiping, devil-summoning heathen -- no. He had far too much self respect and piety to reduce himself to such a pitiful role as that of an observer and commander. He was more an errant leader, Ichi was more the day-to-day leader of the Soverign Army and Shouki could care less. He was not a General, he was a king but that was a station that would be bequeathed to his younger and less capable sibling. Good thing he would not live long enough to create an heir.

”No, you are wrong. This is all about you. I am merely a spectator that had the privilege of having some intervention onto the scene that is unfolding. Unless you wish to elevate me to the role of secondary actor here.”

"Mmm..." Shouki replied, he sounded distracted but he heard what the Ranger had to say. He knew how to lay it on thick, but that was what Shouki wanted. He was a showman and without an audience there was no purpose. The caller was sly enough as to insert the notion that he might be his partner in all of this. The concept appealed to him even if it was a merely a method of drawing the madman out. That was the game -- this game of cat and mouse that so many fail to win, often because they seem to think themselves the cat. "Friends, the one thing I lack," his reply seemed to have a thoughtful tone.

”As for the whale sperm trick, I have no idea. I just threw that out into our conversation. From A-Class weirdo to another.”

--Weirdo.

The conversation went on to lovers, friends, family. The things that most men find importance in. They find comfort in their immortality being assured by their progeny, it is a biological imperative that makes a man reckless and weak because through them they cannot die. Their death, a feeling of utter defeat. Some claim a sense of love but he never saw it as 'love' but rather a chemical reaction that biology necessitates for one to make the sacrifices necessary to allow such parasites the chance to grow. Nature was a cruel wench with the short lives like mayflies. Jashin, the one true God knew the truth and the path to not only enlightenment but power and perfect immortality. It was achieved not through forgiveness, grace or the continuation of one's line but rather through pain and hardship. He knew his question was too obvious but he wanted to see what the man on the other end would do. Would the Ranger change the subject? Would the Ranger send him after an impossible target with the idle hope that Shouki would be defeated without his intervention? Would the Ranger send him after a rival or an enemy? A former lover scorned? The possibilities were truly endless and that was the part that was the most exciting.

”Neither, but I do have some love prospects. Wanna know who they are?”

"Single men for life," he replied with a false statement of comradery. "But yes, I would love to hear about your prospects..." He answered, licking his lips as he said this. Kazuki would be able to hear Shouki as he moved through the streets. The sound of people talking in the background was almost distracting if the Sennin was trying to determine where the madman actually was but the conversation were distant and garbled. At best he would hear single words. Perhaps he was in a commercial area now or at least he had traveled to one. The psychopath would not stop to talk to anyone, not yet at least.

It was time to play a game.

”Name and vocation? Kamaru and I am a spy. Your turn."

He did not believe him but he did not have to. There was no reason for the man on the other end to reveal his actual name, not yet. That part of the game would come later. "Kamaru the spy..." he repeated. "I can work with that," he mused out loud. "Would you say that you are popular? That people would know your name? Not like they would open a Ranger's Office to just anyone. So that means that someone knows you. I am popular. Popular enough, Shouki the General..." He smiled as he gave his name, not because he expected a big reaction. In fact he expected utter and complete indifference. That was the game the Ranger was playing. Giving him enough to keep him on the line but not enough to do anything with it. There are a few S&M whores that could take some lessons from him, he shows promise if his endurance persists. "Ah here we are, the Kazekage Tower!"</B><i></i> He announced in a loud voice, a creaking door opened and a wave of sound would hit the receiver. It seemed like he entered a somewhat occupied space, the voices were distant and muffled and there was a sharp clinking sound that occasionally emitted over the headset as a door slammed behind him rattling on contact as it closed.

<B>"One..."

"Three"

"Six"

"Nine"

He sounded like he was counting. "Salutations my good drunks," Shouki let out a laugh and a rubbing sound like cloth over the microphone was temporarily heard. "And wench," he added civilly. "No-no need to rise and meet death on your feet..." He assured the unknowns on the other end of the line. "I want to play a game."

A grinding sound was followed by a muffled complaint Kazuki would be able to only barely discern "we dun take no kindliness to yer big knife"

"What knife? ...Oh you mean my great blade. About that--" There was a thump, two thumps in fact. "I am pretty quick with this little thing." There were a few other grinding sounds and some restless discussion. "Running off now, already? I just got a quick question, if I get the answer I want then you all can get back to rotting your guts and mopping up your friend and I can get back to my fun and games." There was the rowdy sounds of protest. "Eh eh eh!" His voice seemed to sing, he was not concerned in the least over whatever it was he was facing.

A request would come over the headset for Kazuki --

"Ranger-spy san... say something to the people."

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
”Friends, the one thing I lack.” Shouki would remark upon hearing Kazuki’s proposition of having himself elevated to the role of secondary, or support, character in their story. The last thing he wanted was to become friends with the madman. There would be no illusions there. The Senju Overlord was a pragmatic man. He would do anything to stop the killer, even if it meant giving him other chances of committing further assassinations, as long as the end result was the intended one. Shouki’s capture. As the conversation turned into loved ones, the assassin would inquire if Reaper had anyone special in his life? The White Wolf clarified he had none, but offered the chance of revealing who they were. To which the pseudo-General of the Sovereign answered with. ”Single men for life. But yes, I would love to hear about your prospects.” The silvery haired man remained silent, thinking of who to incriminate, because he had no illusions again. Shouki would eventually target whoever he were to nominate now. As he thought of potential names to secure a future termination, Reaper heard as the killer walked through the streets. How did he knew the Jashin priest was walking around? The general, muffled sound of many conversations going on the background. Prospects, prospects. "The Wind Daimyo and his daughter. Those are my love prospects." the Ranger Lord would admit. Of course he was lying. But what if the madman was mad enough to target the Daimyo and eliminate that threat to Sunagakure? An unlikely scenario, he had to admit, but at least he could give it a shot.

"Kamaru the spy... I can work with that. Would you say that you are popular? That people would know your name? Not like they would open a Ranger's Office to just anyone. So that means that someone knows you. I am popular. Popular enough, Shouki the General..." Shouki revealed. Was he lying? Although Kazuki was not certain if the man was being deceitful regarding his identity, something told him that the General wanted to be known. He wanted his deeds to be spread as widely as possible. He wanted to instill fear onto others and as far as he could. "Excellent questions you have posed, but I don't know the answers. I do know that I am the best at what I do, but what I do is not very nice. Maybe that is why I was given an office here." the Senju Overlord calmly stated. The killer would eventually reached whatever destination he was after. "Ah here we are, the Kazekage Tower!" the madman announced. Reaper's interest automatically reached a new height. What was he doing there? After Sousuke? Unlikely, but still a worrisome situation. "One... Three... Six... Nine... Salutations my good drunks and wench. No-no need to rise and meet death on your feet... I want to play a game." Shouki counted. The silvery haired man remained in silence as he waited for what was to happen. "What knife? ...Oh you mean my great blade. About that-- I am pretty quick with this little thing. Running off now, already? I just got a quick question, if I get the answer I want then you all can get back to rotting your guts and mopping up your friend and I can get back to my fun and games." the White Wolf heard Shouki speaking to whatever people he had found out. "Ranger-spy san... say something to the people." the killer said, this time to the Occult Sennin. "Your life is forfeit. Fight back." Kazuki stated. They could not fight back against such a monster. He assumed so, and perhaps correctly. They were good as dead, but at least could go down fighting. The Senju Overlord was still inside the Ranger's office and if there were no powerful shinobi nearby, then there was little that could be done to save those people.

[MFT - 650]​
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki
2psqh6v.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The Wind Daimyo and his daughter. Those are my love prospects."

Bullshit... Not that he would say that, where is the fun in that. Also, what if it was true? Fucking hilarious. "You kinky sicko," he laughed. It was one of those obnoxious cackling "Be careful what you wish for, my sister is a real freak," he chuckled to himself. It was finally getting entertaining. He was used to being the underappreciated antagonist, yes he understood he was the villain in this story but it did not seem like 'Kamaru' was much better. The hero trope was getting a bit cliché, especially when the heroes thus far seemed passive and a passive partner would not satisfy his very particular and peculiar needs. This one, maybe he would be different. Maybe he would be a good player in this game.

"Excellent questions you have posed, but I don't know the answers. I do know that I am the best at what I do, but what I do is not very nice. Maybe that is why I was given an office here."</B><i></i>

A smile eclipsed his face, his thin lips taut and his white teeth exposed. It was an unsettling image. <B>"Oh was that your office?" His voice unsettling, it dropped a few notes as he said that. That would change the tone of the charade that would follow. "Ah here we are, the Kazekage Tower! ... One... Three... Six... Nine... Salutations my good drunks and wench. No-no need to rise and meet death on your feet... I want to play a game. ...What knife? ...Oh you mean my great blade. About that-- I am pretty quick with this little thing. Running off now, already? I just got a quick question, if I get the answer I want then you all can get back to rotting your guts and mopping up your friend and I can get back to my fun and games. ...Ranger-spy san... say something to the people." It would sound almost mechanical, the inflection of his voice lost. The gears in his head were turning. He held the headset in front of him and let Kazuki convey his message, the headset was loud enough that he could hear the Sennin's response.

"Your life is forfeit. Fight back."

"I like it." He commented, Kazuki would feel a rattling in his headset. Looks like he was putting it back on. "Woah now guys... as terrifying as an uprising of the drunken village-people would make for an epic battle," yeah he was full of shit claiming that he was at the Kazekage Tower but he was not far. He was expecting, waiting and hoping for a rapid response team to be sent to the tower. He wanted to see how fast and how sly the Ranger was. He had a new quarry. "And it looks like I have an appointment with a liar and with a new playmate." A crash could be heard as well as some verbalized protests speckled with various profanities, some more original than others. A sigh would hit the receiver. "Raise me above the corruption of this existence. I want to gain the knowledge of true pleasure. Mold my mind and my body in your image Lord. Let be be a tool, a warrior of your intent so that I may carry out your divine wish to cleanse this dying world of the sinners and heathens." His voice seemed to almost hiss. What Kazuki would not see was Shouki's movements that were fast and in defiance of the giant's size. He would hear movement but it would sound like a clap, not a series of events but a singular motion during which several things happened. "...like disappointment and disease," Shouki commented. His blade an amalgamation of their blood when consumed it would create an unseen but certainly felt link between themselves and the sadomasochist. "Do you want to die? It is a sin for death to be painless."

That was the last thing he said, what followed would be a cacophony of screams. A guttural sound as if something vital was being pulled out. Something being snapped in half. The desperate wheeze, moist and gurgling. There would be no pictures seen, but the sounds painted a scene in mostly red. They would die, that would be obvious because of the sounds of silence. When the deed was done, Shouki would rub his hands together. They would make a rubbing, scraping noise, he had a worker's hands despite coming from a palace. "Mmmm... I think I am in love. You always hurt the ones you love." Had he identified Kazuki, not for certain. It was a hopeful guess and nothing more.
  • Was he going to ask where the Occult Sennin lived? -- No, that was a matter of public record.
    Was he going to ask again about loved ones? -- No, those were not a matter of public record and the man was a poop-headed liar.
    Was he going to hurt Kazuki? Fuck yeah.

"But I want you to hurt me back."

Harupia who? Oh yeah, that other guy. A Soon-ack-oo. Shouki had a big heart, surely he could share his affections with more than one paramour. Shouki was on the move, Kazuki would be able to hear it. What he was doing, however is something the narrator would not be able to share. He was a devious sort of man although what he was best remembered for was his overt bad behavior.

"Excuse me mam... Mam? Man, could I interest you in a conversation about Lord Jashin -- your Lord and Savior?"

"What?"

"Nevermind."
...Heathen

"What?" She repeated.

"I am so sorry to bother you madam, can you tell me anything about the Occult Sennin Senju?"

"Who?"

"Nevermind"
Useless cunt

"What?"

"Nevermind."

The banter has been oh so witty between them, his attentions returned to his caller. "Well Kamaru, I think I have identified my newest playmate. Will I be meeting him on my terms or his?"

He was doing something. There was movement, he was walking with a brisk pace, his moments like a rapid metronome. Where was he going?
[Several Minutes Would Pass]

The banter would be minimal at best. The occasional uh huh or grunt. It was like talking to a man watching dune boarding
[Several Minutes More]

Shouki would start talking again. His voice seemed to have an echo -- it was odd. "Leave the Office if you wish to live. I meant break the fourth wall in more ways than one and it will blow."

He would have 15 seconds. Fifteen seconds before it blew. The body nailed to the wall was eviscerated, in that open body cavity was a gift. The sort of gift you would have only found by rifling through what remained of his abdominal contents. He was stuff full of explosive notes and bombs. Enough to level not only the room but also the better part of the main building. The point was of course not to kill him, killing him meant that the game was over. He wanted 'Kamaru' to run. He would be able to find him without any difficulty, the irony palatable.
[Time to Meet Kazuki-san. Make a thread in ANY Ranger Zone. No worries, I am sure you will meet him momentarily.]

[Topic Left -- Following Kazuki to Thread of His Choice]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"You kinky sicko. Be careful what you wish for, my sister is a real freak," Shouki replied after hearing Kazuki was after the Daimyo and his daughter. "I have to find someone I cannot tame. She won't be the first, I guarantee you." the Senju Overlord remarked back. He had tamed Death, a lowly human was certainly under his reach. "Oh was that your office?" the assassin would question. "No, not really. My office is considered to be the entire village. I don't have a physical location where I work." Reaper would clarify, lying again. He had three offices actually. One in the Kazekage tower, thanks to his Sennin Rank. One at the Ranger area, thanks to his Ranger Lord status. And one in the SHIELD HeadQuarters, thanks to being SHIELD's director. Not that the General of the Sovereign needed to know that. Sounds of intense scuffle would reach the White Wolf's ear. Assuming Shouki was killing his crowd was an easy guess to make. "Mmmm... I think I am in love. You always hurt the ones you love. But I want you to hurt me back." the killer would note after ending his brief fight with those that he had found. The silvery haired man would raise an eyebrow, an action Shouki would not be able to see. The more the General talked, the more a psycho he seemed to be. He was deranged and even the Occult Sennin, with all his faults and weirdness, could be compared to him. The Death Court Lord remained silent and he would hear Shouki asking questions to someone. One in specific, out of the two he had posed her, was very curious and alarming. "I am so sorry to bother you madam, can you tell me anything about the Occult Sennin Senju?"

Shit. Did he know who he was all along and had just pretend to now know? Or had it been a lucky guess? Kazuki could not tell which was correct, but it was irrelevant. If the General thought he knew who he was talking to, then he knew where to go and who to target. Idling was not something he could afford now. "Well Kamaru, I think I have identified my newest playmate. Will I be meeting him on my terms or his?" Shouki would inquire, forcing the Senju Overlord out of his train of thought. "Oh, going after that Sennin? With two better options out there? I thought you were smart. Guess not. Such a shame, I had such high hopes for you. Guess I have to find another killer to play with." Reaper would reply back. It did not matter much what he replied with. Shouki seemed certain he was talking with Senju Kazuki which was correct. Silence filled the radio set for a good while. The White Wolf paced around trying to figure out what Shouki's next move was going to be, so he could act accordingly. "Leave the Office if you wish to live. I meant break the fourth wall in more ways than one and it will blow." the madman would warn him. The warning was clear. He had planted a bomb inside the office. Where it did not matter. The silvery haired man would not wait to see it explode. Merging with his shadows, the Ranger Lord swiftly left the premises. With the promise that he would never be able to return to this office.

[Topic Left]​
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki
2psqh6v.png
[/legend][/col]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back