Demonic Ancestry

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 15, 2013
Yen
ASP
Demonic Ancestry

Those with Demonic Ancestry have a demon or other 'Dark' force influence them in some way - perhaps by being directly descended from a demonic ancestor, or having traded their life for power, or having been corrupted by some cursed artifact. Regardless of source, they generally look the same as normal human beings, albeit, with slightly altered features that make them seem 'off'...That is, until they draw upon their dark attunement and display forbidden strength.

Demonic Aura - Passive (3 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
A person in touch with their dark side is completely surrounded by a pervading feel of evil that inspires fear in even the strongest of shinobi. Though this gives them the power to make their enemies cower before them, the aura of doom does make it hard to win the trust of others.
Effect: At the start of each round, the user checks their Genjutsu DC vs the Genjutsu Save of all individuals in battle. Succeeding this roll grants the user Alignment Advantage over the target (normally +10% Damage dealt to, -10% damage taken by), including against Holy targets. This automatically affects Clones/Creations, does not stack against targets the user would have advantage against anyways, and does not apply to those with the Fearless ability or other similar effect. Lasts for the duration of the round.

Third Eye - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up, requires Sixth Sense
By unlocking the mortal restraints on their mind, the demonic shinobi can gain use of the third eye, the super sense beyond all senses.
Effect: Failing an Awareness check grants a single Re-Roll with a +1 bonus in the user's favor. This doesn't stack with similar effects, and only works once per round.

Dreadforce - Passive (3 points)
The very chakra of these demonic shinobi is tainted with darkness and eats at the wills of those around them. A forsaken shinobi have no trouble using this to their advantage to evoke hallucinations and other nightmarish visions to those in their presence.
Effect: The user's Genjutsu are considered Cursed. Cursed Genjutsu may target individuals even if the user is unaware of them via a Blindshot. A Genjutsu that succeeds through this effect is always considered Partial Hit, even if fully effective.

Mind Ripper - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
By grabbing a victim’s head and channeling dark energy and evil will into their mind, a demonic shinobi can traumatize their opponent, lowering their will power. The constant mental pain is enough to wear down the wills of even the most the most courageous of would-be heroes.
Effect: This costs 1.5 Ap. This makes a basic strike Called Shot to a single target's Head using Melee Accuracy. On hit, this inflicts -3 to Genjutsu Save for 3 rounds. During this time, the victim becomes vulnerable to Demonic Aura (if the user has it), even if the victim has the Fearless ability, or other similar effect. This is treated as a B-Rank Will Genjutsu that does not take up a Sense Slot, but may be healed and dispelled as such.

Hatred - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
The unrivaled rage of those with Demonic Ancestry is a terrifying sight to behold, and this dark passion can be channeled into highly destructive bursts of energy that only grows their fury, often to the point where simply being nearby can be enough to cause trauma.
Effect: For +15% Cp, a Cursed Taijutsu or Genjutsu attack becomes infused with malice, dealing +5% damage against a target that has hit the user during the current round. If the user has the Demonic Aura passive, those under its effects will automatically take illusionary damage equal to 10% of the damage dealt (This is not an attack, and is not Cursed damage. Uses highest damage dealt if the attack hits multiple targets. Does not affect the original target).

Death Touch - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Nothing is perhaps more terrifying than a desperate demon. By embracing their dark powers in a dire situation, these shinobi can easily turn a grim situation into their favor via sheer terrifying strength.
Effect: For one full round, any Cursed Taijutsu attacks which utilize Melee Accuracy have their damage and CP costs doubled. While under the effects of Death Touch any other damage bonuses the user has are ignored. Death Touch can only be used once every other round and twice per battle.

Dark Embrace - Boost (1 point)
Restriction- Can be taken up to two times
Those with darker heritage are often gifted with enhanced capabilities in some shape; perhaps manifesting as an odd mutation, or special ability of some sort. Over time, someone with demonic heritage can learn how to best use this skill in many ways to suit their situation.
Effect: The user chooses either Genjutsu or Taijutsu (stated in their Dojo); when making a Cursed attack of this type, the user gains a +1 bonus; this applies to checks, as well. Taking this boost twice does not increase this to +2, but instead grants +1 to both types if they are Cursed . This +1 bonus applied to Demonic Aura as well.

Demon Blessing - Boost (1 point)
Restriction- Can be taken up to three times
The mind of a demon is much less susceptible to attack than that of a mere mortal, restricting Genjutsu from targeting them too easily. Being so alien to most forms of chakra, a practitioner of the mind arts will find them harder to snare.
Effect: +1 Genjutsu Save.

Devil's Trick - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Dark shinobi are cunning by nature, and often cannot help but enjoy catching their prey off guard. To let ones guard down around them is to give them demon an open invitation for all kinds of defilement.
Effect: By paying +20% CP on both, the user may combo a Taijutsu and Genjutsu. The order does not matter, but the follow-up Jutsu will target all those hit by the preceding Jutsu, and cannot be a higher rank than the Jutsu used prior to it. Cannot combo a Taijutsu with a Taijutsu, or Genjutsu with Genjutsu. May be used every other round.

Natural Weapon - Passive (2 Points)
Some dark shinobi has more than their blood to show their heritage, some even developed such traits that can be used as an actual weapon, ranging from sharpened claws, deadly wings, or a powerful tail.
Effect: The user designates a single weapon in their Dojo; this weapon is treated as passively equipped whenever the user is not wielding any other weapon, and does not prevent the usage of handseals. Attacks with this Natural Weapon are considered Cursed. Natural Weapon is immune to effects which may cause the user to unequip or change weapons, and if multiple 'passively equipped' weapons are present, the user must state one.

Thirsting Seal - Ability Modification (3 points)
Restriction- Must own the ability Cursed Seal
Shinobi with Demonic Ancestry are fundamentally different beings than normal humans. Both their bodies and their chakra are different and as a result they handle being introduced to dangerous things like Cursed Seals in different ways. While a Cursed Seal still causes extreme stress and damage to their body, a shinobi with Demonic Ancestry can use their Seal to draw Cursed chakra into them like a vacuum to bolster their constitution.
Effect: When the user activates their Cursed Seal ability they may choose a single opponent for no additional cost. At the end of each round when that opponent suffers Cursed damage based on the amount of Cursed they've suffered throughout the battle, the user heals for an equal amount. If the opponent which the user has chosen for Thirsting Seal is KO'd the user may choose a different opponent for no cost. Healing caused by Thirsting Seal cannot exceed 10% of the user's maximum HP each round.

Form of the Demon - A-Rank Non-Elemental Ninjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and up
This technique is the ultimate incarnation of a demonic ninja’s tie to his or her hellish ancestry. Releasing all bonds and restrictions, they unleash their true demonic nature, becoming a terrifying being of power and awe. The after affects are disastrous, however.
Rank 1: While active, the user is considered Cursed, and remains so regardless of what other techniques are used during this time. Additionally, they have +1 Secondaries and deal +5% damage. Damage taken by the user is reduced by 10%; this reduced damage is converted into CP for the user. Lasts up to 3 rounds.
Rank 2: While active, the user is considered Cursed, and remains so regardless of what other techniques are used during this time. Additionally, they have +2 Secondaries and deal +10% damage. Damage taken by the user is reduced by 15%; this reduced damage is converted into CP for the user. Lasts up to 3 rounds.

Cost: 3 AP and 2,400 HP to initiate. 4% Max Hp/Rnd

Note:
- This counts as a Chakra Armor.
- The user is considered Cursed, and remains so regardless of what other techniques are used during this time.
- Can only be used twice per battle, and requires a full round of cooldown between uses.
- Holy attacks ignore the user's damage reduction.

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 15, 2013
Yen
ASP
Code:
[b][u]Demonic Ancestry[/u][/b]
[img]http://www.Ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/CoreAbilities/DemonicHeritage.jpg[/img]
[quote]Those with Demonic Ancestry have a demon or other 'Dark' force influence them in some way - perhaps by being directly descended from a demonic ancestor, or having traded their life for power, or having been corrupted by some cursed artifact. Regardless of source, they generally look the same as normal human beings, albeit, with slightly altered features that make them seem 'off'...That is, until they draw upon their dark attunement and display forbidden strength.

[b][u]Demonic Aura[/b][/u] - Passive (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up
A person in touch with their dark side is completely surrounded by a pervading feel of evil that inspires fear in even the strongest of shinobi. Though this gives them the power to make their enemies cower before them, the aura of doom does make it hard to win the trust of others.
[b]Effect:[/b] At the start of each round, the user checks their Genjutsu DC vs the Genjutsu Save of all individuals in battle. Succeeding this roll grants the user [i]Alignment Advantage[/i] over the target [i](normally +10% Damage dealt to, -10% damage taken by)[/i], including against [i]Holy[/i] targets.  This automatically affects Clones/Creations, does not stack against targets the user would have advantage against anyways, and does not apply to those with the [i]Fearless[/i] ability or other similar effect.  Lasts for the duration of the round.

[b][u]Third Eye[/b][/u] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up, requires [url=https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=154][b]Sixth Sense[/b][/url]
By unlocking the mortal restraints on their mind, the demonic shinobi can gain use of the third eye, the super sense beyond all senses.
[b]Effect:[/b] Failing an [i]Awareness[/i] check grants a single Re-Roll with a +1 bonus in the user's favor. This doesn't stack with similar effects, and only works once per round.

[b][u]Dreadforce[/b][/u] - Passive (3 points)
The very chakra of these demonic shinobi is tainted with darkness and eats at the wills of those around them. A forsaken shinobi have no trouble using this to their advantage to evoke hallucinations and other nightmarish visions to those in their presence.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user's Genjutsu are considered [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color]. [i]Cursed[/i] Genjutsu may target individuals even if the user is unaware of them via a [i]Blindshot[/i]. A Genjutsu that succeeds through this effect is always considered [i]Partial Hit[/i], even if fully effective.

[b][u]Mind Ripper[/b][/u] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up
By grabbing a victim’s head and channeling dark energy and evil will into their mind, a demonic shinobi can traumatize their opponent, lowering their will power. The constant mental pain is enough to wear down the wills of even the most the most courageous of would-be heroes.
[b]Effect:[/b] This costs 1.5 Ap. This makes a basic strike Called Shot to a single target's Head using Melee Accuracy. On hit, this inflicts -3 to Genjutsu Save for 3 rounds. During this time, the victim becomes vulnerable to [i]Demonic Aura[/i] [i](if the user has it)[/i], even if the victim has the [i]Fearless[/i] ability, or other similar effect. This is treated as a B-Rank Will Genjutsu that does not take up a Sense Slot, but may be healed and dispelled as such.

[b][u]Hatred[/b][/u] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
The unrivaled rage of those with Demonic Ancestry is a terrifying sight to behold, and this dark passion can be channeled into highly destructive bursts of energy that only grows their fury, often to the point where simply being nearby can be enough to cause trauma. 
[b]Effect:[/b] For +15% Cp, a [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color] Taijutsu or Genjutsu attack becomes infused with malice, dealing +5% damage against a target that has hit the user during the current round. If the user has the [i]Demonic Aura[/i] passive, those under its effects will automatically take [i]illusionary[/i] damage equal to 10% of the damage dealt [i](This is not an attack, and is not Cursed damage. Uses highest damage dealt if the attack hits multiple targets. Does not affect the original target)[/i].

[b][u]Death Touch[/b][/u] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Nothing is perhaps more terrifying than a desperate demon. By embracing their dark powers in a dire situation, these shinobi can easily turn a grim situation into their favor via sheer terrifying strength. 
[b]Effect:[/b]  For one full round, any [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color] Taijutsu attacks which utilize Melee Accuracy have their damage and CP costs doubled. While under the effects of Death Touch any other damage bonuses the user has are ignored. Death Touch can only be used once every other round and twice per battle.

[b][u]Dark Embrace[/b][/u] - Boost (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can be taken up to two times
Those with darker heritage are often gifted with enhanced capabilities in some shape; perhaps manifesting as an odd mutation, or special ability of some sort. Over time, someone with demonic heritage can learn how to best use this skill in many ways to suit their situation.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user chooses either Genjutsu or Taijutsu [i](stated in their Dojo)[/i]; when making a [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color] attack of this type, the user gains a +1 bonus; this applies to checks, as well. Taking this boost twice does not increase this to +2, but instead grants +1 to both types if they are [i]Cursed[/i] .  This +1 bonus applied to [i]Demonic Aura[/i] as well.

[b][u]Demon Blessing[/b][/u] - Boost (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can be taken up to three times
The mind of a demon is much less susceptible to attack than that of a mere mortal, restricting Genjutsu from targeting them too easily. Being so alien to most forms of chakra, a practitioner of the mind arts will find them harder to snare.
[b]Effect:[/b] +1 Genjutsu Save.

[b][u]Devil's Trick[/b][/u] - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Dark shinobi are cunning by nature, and often cannot help but enjoy catching their prey off guard. To let ones guard down around them is to give them demon an open invitation for all kinds of defilement.
[b]Effect:[/b] By paying +20% CP on both, the user may combo a Taijutsu and Genjutsu. The order does not matter, but the follow-up Jutsu will target all those hit by the preceding Jutsu, and cannot be a higher rank than the Jutsu used prior to it. Cannot combo a Taijutsu with a Taijutsu, or Genjutsu with Genjutsu. May be used every other round.

[u][b]Natural Weapon[/b][/u] - Passive (2 Points)
Some dark shinobi has more than their blood to show their heritage, some even developed such traits that can be used as an actual weapon, ranging from sharpened claws, deadly wings, or a powerful tail.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user designates a single weapon in their Dojo; this weapon is treated as passively equipped whenever the user is not wielding any other weapon, and does not prevent the usage of handseals. Attacks with this Natural Weapon are considered [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color]. Natural Weapon is immune to effects which may cause the user to unequip or change weapons, and if multiple 'passively equipped' weapons are present, the user must state one.

[b][u]Thirsting Seal[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Must own the ability [i]Cursed Seal[/i]
Shinobi with Demonic Ancestry are fundamentally different beings than normal humans.  Both their bodies and their chakra are different and as a result they handle being introduced to dangerous things like Cursed Seals in different ways.  While a Cursed Seal still causes extreme stress and damage to their body, a shinobi with Demonic Ancestry can use their Seal to draw Cursed chakra into them like a vacuum to bolster their constitution.
[b]Effect:[/b] When the user activates their [i]Cursed Seal[/i] ability they may choose a single opponent for no additional cost.  At the end of each round when that opponent suffers  [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color] damage based on the amount of [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color] they've suffered throughout the battle, the user heals for an equal amount.  If the opponent which the user has chosen for [i]Thirsting Seal[/i] is KO'd the user may choose a different opponent for no cost. Healing caused by [i]Thirsting Seal[/i] cannot exceed 10% of the user's maximum HP each round.

[b][u]Form of the Demon[/b][/u] - A-Rank Non-Elemental Ninjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
[i]Restriction-[/i] A-Rank and up
This technique is the ultimate incarnation of a demonic ninja’s tie to his or her hellish ancestry. Releasing all bonds and restrictions, they unleash their true demonic nature, becoming a terrifying being of power and awe. The after affects are disastrous, however.
[b]Rank 1:[/b] While active, the user is considered [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color], and remains so regardless of what other techniques are used during this time. Additionally, they have +1 Secondaries and deal +5% damage. Damage taken by the user is reduced by 10%; this reduced damage is converted into CP for the user. Lasts up to 3 rounds.
[b]Rank 2:[/b] While active, the user is considered [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color], and remains so regardless of what other techniques are used during this time. Additionally, they have +2 Secondaries and deal +10% damage. Damage taken by the user is reduced by 15%; this reduced damage is converted into CP for the user. Lasts up to 3 rounds.

[b]Cost:[/b] 3 AP and 2,400 HP to initiate. 4% Max Hp/Rnd

[i]Note:[/i] 
- This counts as a Chakra Armor.
- The user is considered [color=darkred][glow=darkred]Cursed[/glow][/color], and remains so regardless of what other techniques are used during this time.
- Can only be used twice per battle, and requires a full round of cooldown between uses.
- [glow=blue][color=blue]Holy[/color][/glow] attacks ignore the user's damage reduction.[/quote]