Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Desires of a Strong Fate [Contract Search]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was cold, he thought as he stood on the edge of one of the ridges as he faced the daunting silhouette of the mountain to one side. Mist forms along his mouth at every breath but he didn’t mind. His eyes were set on what could be on the top of the mountain beyond him. From his research in the great archives, he had learned that a famous monastery resides along the clouds that the perpetually paints the scenery with the varying colors of the daylight. But before that, he would first have to find his way there, and already that was proving to be quite the problematic feat. Looking down on the hand-drawn map, after speaking with several of the retired shinobis from the lowlands, and cross-checking with what he gathered from the journals in the archives, he made a rather poor copy of the geographical map of Lightning country but as accurate as he could to pinpoint certain landmarks.

Pulling the robes closer and making sure that the scarf that wound around his neck was well-secured, Kiri would begin to walk again. He would follow the trail he marked on the map. According to the stories of those he talked to who had managed to find the monastery, and some were even lucky enough to train and learn about the greatness of Raiden, the path was contrary to one would think. It was one of those obscure pathways– the road less traveled to be precise, and to some of their confessions, it also felt as if the clouds that mysteriously hide the top of the monastery would be the ones to guide or deceive the passing traveler. Almost as if it could tell if the person was worthy or not.

Well, Kiri wasn’t so sure if he could answer that unbiased. As far as one could possibly speak their minds about these things, they would no doubt insist that they are worthy. But Kiri, for some reason, because of the many things that he had experienced– experiencing death of a patient, fighting his friends, and ultimately losing control of his own beast– he had more doubts in his mind than confidence, to be honest. And so, it was in his best intention that he could somehow figure out a way to better himself. This monastery was one of the solutions he had come to know recently.

Though in Kumogakure, Raiden was considered a god-figure, worshipped, adored and aspired by many, Kiri had never thought much of the person. He had learned of him by passing only, much to do with academy works and the basic informations and history that were essential. But he was never one to be drawn to some kind of a cult or religion so he wasn’t so sure how he could leave his fate to some figure of an ancient time. But if there was something that did intrigued him about the monastery, it was that he learned he could control and possess the skill to finally control his own beast, and perhaps even more. To achieve power without having to rely on brute strength alone.

He smirked at the thought as he knew that was nearly impossible. Recently, if he remembered correctly, most of his encounters were heavily influenced by the beast’s strength and demonic aura that strengthens him. And as much as he would want to improve his control over shadows as was the gift of his mother’s blood, he had yet to truly acquire the skills for it.

And so, as he would contemplate on what he could possibly ask those monks in the monastery to help him improve himself as both a person and a warrior, he would find himself walking along the taller grasses. He could tell that no one has passed there lately as there were no traces of broken stalks, or trampled fields. Most of all, as he continued to walk, all he could sense in the area was the harmony of nature. Perhaps he should take more walks away from the village. It seems to be helping him calm himself at the moment. Of course, he’ll have to get back to Junko soon enough.

For now, however, he was relishing in the idea that he was surrounded by the energies of the earth. A smile formed on his face as he felt as though he was not lost at all.

WC: 739

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How long had it been since Yuuto had been here? There was a brief moment in time where some of the Masaru had come to Cloud. At one point he was able to gather some of his family, and a sect that were from the Fire Country, namely Masaru Yoshimitsu's side the last Masaru Yuuto spoke to before actually going into the prison. The veteran was trying to recount the list of events as he walked against the eerily cold winds. "Let's see, I gathered different portions of the Masaru Clan, and then I got called into that shadow realm. Back when I had the ability to Shadowbend, I was able to slip into that Primordial Realm, now it's not possible on my own will. After getting there I met Uzu, who after a brief struggle deemed me as worthy for his cause. I was honor bound to his dark influence. My goal to kill the other 3 Primordial Lords and complete Uzu's vengeance. I decided that I had other matters to take care of and I refused to be reliant on his dark powers. I gave him back the gift of necromancy, that corrupted chakra, and he gave me a year. However I was incarcerated in prison, 4 years have passed since then and I have no trace of my clan. The ones who did come to Lightning Country seemed to have up and left, some of them even seeming like they disappeared off the face of the earth. So either my lack of support, and actions brought so much hindrance to the Clan they relocated, or Uzu followed up on his threat.."

Yuuto's idiotic ancestor decided the best course of action was to make a deal with a devil. Regardless of why he did it, his actions hindered the future Masaru to come. However Yuuto was not the Clan Leader, so the Clan shouldnt have fell into depravity anyways. There were many questions that he had, but no type of way to answer them. Not now at least, not until he reached the "origin point" and could reclaim what was his. So this circumstance is what led our shinobi of the hour to make the trek to the Monastery. He had many loose ends to tie up, he had to resolve his feelings about the circumstances concerning Shin's murder. He had to reclaim his status and build his wealth in order to revive the Masaru Clan. Yuuto had to become an asset to Kumogakure once more, and give them reason to back him. He had to earn the respect and trust of the people of Cloud, and he could not doing sitting on his ass. The final loose end was tying up this past deal with the primordial lords. Yuuto had to end this cycle of misfortune on his Clan.

He continued walking mind wandering, until he came upon another person. It wasn't like this was the first person to pass by him since beginning this hike, however this person was special. First off it was the first person headed in the direction Yuuto was going to the monastery. Two this boy's chakra reserve was unnerving. Yuuto could sense a large amount coming off from him, brimming with power. He stared at the boy as he came upon him, deciding to approach the stranger and ask them a question. "Good evening, you headed to the temples too?" it was very forward and blunt, which was Yuuto's preferred method of confrontation in most situations. He was the type to boldly confront and say what he felt. "Oh sorry, I'm Masaru Yuuto, a Medical Chief Shinobi from Cloud Village, I'm headed to the temples so I was just curious if you were too." Now that he had broken the ice it'd be interesting to see how this kid responded.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was stupid to think that he would not get lost. Well, a part of him was certainly confident that he would manage his way. After all, in his past experiences, if he persisted, he would mostly succeed. But it wasn’t working this time, however and he sighed with annoyance. He then pulled out a cigarette and lit it, taking in a few breathers to help warm himself up and possibly to chase away any doubts.

Just then, he would feel a presence nearby and turning about, he would find a stranger. Kiri would keep a good distance from him, carefully studying the man’s features and listening intently. He was a bit surprised when he heard how he introduced himself. He did not expect that. He was a mednin in training after all, so he was expected to at least know the important personages in the medical branch. However, it would make sense since it has been quite a while since he was brought out from the village by Junko– a sort of rehabilitation training.

Taking the cigarette and putting it out for now, Kiri would respond, “Oh, I wasn’t expecting anyone in this area. I was, for sure, I got lost. My name is…” he paused for a bit and wondered if his actions were reported in the village before. Was it wise to be known. Oh well. “My name is Kiri. I’m a mednin in training from Kumogakure, but for now, I’m traveling with Junko-sensei.” He paused again as he placed the cigarette into a container and pocketed it. He also had to remember that the said person wasn’t within the vicinity so it may not make sense to the stranger. “This week, however, he had some things to tackle and so I have a bit of time on my hands. Oh but you’re on the way to the monastery, huh? Hmm… I was planning to go there, but I wanted to play with fate. That if I do reach it, it’s by fate. If not, then destiny simply said so.”

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuto watched the boy put out his cigarette before answering him. “Oh, I wasn’t expecting anyone in this area. I was, for sure, I got lost. My name is…” He stopped short before saying his name. "My name is Kiri. I’m a mednin in training from Kumogakure, but for now, I’m traveling with Junko-sensei.” At that moment Yuuto's ears perked up, interested at the fact that this Kiri was for one a medical shinobi in training. Two, is from Kumogakure which makes him apart of the new generation. Three, the final interesting note was that he was travelling with Junko the new Medical Sennin, well at least new to Yuuto. When he left the shinobi forces, Daisuke was still alive. The title switched hands rather haphazardly but that was due to the terrible actions of despicable men and women. Had he been there in that room with Shin, Daisuke and a young Ejji, he'd have cut Ai's throat ear to ear before piercing through Haruka' heart and brain with his puppet drones.

But, did Yuuto even have a right to say that? There was a moment in time where he was ready to attack Shin if Hayata Shin lied, but he didn't and Yuuto took his punishments gracefully, knowing that in order to be held fully accountable one must own up to their responsibilities. But say if he did beat Shin and Ayumu, would he have killed them? ....... Probably not, the medical shinobi would quietly state in his mind. Now that his mental ramblings had run their course it was time for Yuuto to tune back into Kiri's words.

The MiT responded about the Monastery saying that he was heading there, in order to play with fate. An odd reason to go to a destination, but Yuuto thought the boy was withholding information, he could hardly believe the true cause was as simple a whim as that. So he decided to press the boy and search for the answers behind his words. "Interesting, you're also a Cloud Medical Shinobi, well one in training. Ah I remember my training days, so carefree but a lot of studying. I remember my Medical Exam was a bit odd, see I didn't have a regular task I had an entire series of oddities I had to solve through healings, while stuck in a Dark Sage's genjutsu. Honestly I don't recommend it haha" He'd chuckle weakly actually shuttering at the thought of Sairasu's exam and that stupid whale genjutsu. He would shake his head before speaking again.

"So back to you Kiri ..." Yuuto would begin his sentence cutting himself off midway. He'd then pull from behind his waist one canteen. Yuuto would untwist the cap, waterfall the drink before offering it to Kiri. "Want some water man?" If he accepted he'd let the canteen swap hands but if not he'd put it back. Yuu would then move onto his next question hoping to pique his own interest, "So you're out here to make it to the Monastery to let fate take the wheel. Why though? I don't think it's a bad idea to visit the monastery but most people go there seeking clarity, to train, or to give praise and worship to Lord Raiden. Sure there's not something weighing on you?" He figured that was enough for now, no reason to load the boy up, they just met. He would have to ease into this if he wanted to see what Kiri was actually up to, or maybe he could even enlist Kiri's help with his own task at the origin...

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He took notice that the man’s eyes seemed to have briefly come to life when he had mentioned his superior’s name. Kiri knew that Junko was quite known around the village, but he always thought it was normal. Then again, this stranger – Masaru Yuuto – was supposed to be part of the medical branch and yet Kiri knew nothing of the man. Unlike Kitsune, whom he only met once but heard before in stories and reports, and so for a good while knew a bit of the said person, this person before him was completely a new face. But there was something strange about this encounter. It felt almost similar to when he had met that anbu, Raku. He smirked at the thought that the outskirts of Lightning Country seemed to be hiding a lot of interesting fellows connected to Kumogakure.

As silence would come down once more after he answered the man’s question, Kiri could almost tell the latter was considering something. Honestly, Kiri felt a little guarded at that point. While the incident of his rampage had caused quite the damage around the academy, and perhaps gotten around town in rumours– another reason it was decided that he should leave for the time being and let people settle back in ease– he had become rather observant of reactions towards him. And so, it would be a lie that at that particular moment, he felt like simply withdrawing back as to not cause any incident.

But just then, Yuuto would suddenly talk about his own experience as a mednin in training. It sounded like a normal conversation, something that was meant to encourage and somehow to build up more on the conversation. Though it was interesting to hear such things, especially since he wasn’t sure what his mednin exam would be, it also made him a bit more wary.

He was a bit surprised when the other had called his name and even addressed him as ‘bud’, of which he somehow felt a bit awkward and just didn’t know how he should react to that. Not that he had never had friends, but thinking about that now made him feel a little guilty for being responsible of attacking his so-called ‘friend’. Still, this stranger was very much generous. It felt too good to be true. “It’s okay,” he quickly answered, nudging at the backpack he carried, “I brought some in my bag.” And as expected, the conversation was, indeed, a starter for something more intrusive. Kiri sharpened his eyes for a moment before glancing to the side.

“Well, to be honest, I’m not the religious type, and my knowledge of Raiden isn’t all that great. I don’t understand how a person can be worshiped like so, but it’s not like I’m against it. I just choose not to interfere with others’ beliefs,” he continued before looking back at Yuuto with more seriousness in his eyes. He had always had that certain expression on his face, one who always seemed to be suspicious of others, and since his chakra would not betray him like before (back when he couldn’t properly control it and it would rage like a demon unknowingly), it down his eyes, his ever deep set and straight sharp eyes that seem to burn every image of his vision into memory. “Everyone has their own burden. I’m sure you have your own, Masaru-san.” Another pause and then he pried on his own, “My friend once said, not all you meet in the outer parts of the country are true to their word. It seems too coincidental that you’re from the medical branch as I am… especially when you ask such questions. I’m certain, at this moment, everyone knows exactly why I am here and not there.”

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He turned down Yuuto's water, which didn't hurt him at all. He was just trying to be nice to a trainee hoping he could bridge a connection. Kiri didn't even respond to Yuuto's story, it made the tension a bit awkward he wondered what Kiri was holding in, or if he was just perceptive to make sure he was safe. It was quite possible he was just on edge thinking this was all too convenient, but maybe this was the fate he was searching for and didn't even know. So now that the pleasentries were out of the way it seemed like the conversation would begin to kick up.

Kiri stated that he was not the religious type hinting that he didn't believe in Raiden. It wasn't Yuuto's place to judge him or whatever, but he was misinformed. Raiden wasn't a normal person, he was a deity, one that decided to intervene for the people of his land at one point. There were many gods in this world and to deny their existence was foolhardy, Yuuto knew that first hand but there was no point in trying to convince the boy, the only response he made to that was, "At the end of our flames, when finally extinguished, we all return to the flow." , the tone is his voice more serious before quieting himself to let the young medical ninja speak his piece. He started off telling Yuuto that everyone had their burdens, that much was obvious, so he wondered where Kiri was leading with this. “My friend once said, not all you meet in the outer parts of the country are true to their word. It seems too coincidental that you’re from the medical branch as I am… especially when you ask such questions. I’m certain, at this moment, everyone knows exactly why I am here and not there.”

Yuuto stopped walking for a minute and turned cocked his head to the side at Kiri. It didn't take long but suddenly Yuuto started laughing. "Bwahahaha,
ah shit. I see you think I'm some random person claiming to be a Cloud Medical Ninja. The same could be said for you friend but this is why we Kumogakurians carry our headbands, and ID Passports."
Yuuto brandished his showing Kiri the basic information.

Masaru Yuuto
Hazel Eyes (Three Eyes)
White Hair
Kumogakure Shinobi

His current title being displayed was that of a Medical Chief, it was an updated passport considering that he had just been released from prison. "I think it's fair that you show me yours as well, but before that I want to address something. I wouldn't know you from shit and shinola, but obviously the same is for you to me. See the thing is I'm a 40 year old veteran shinobi, I have been around since Shinbatsu was in office, I have been apart of the medical branch's combat division since a child, I have been in battle since a child. I have fought in Wars, and I have seen numerous men die whether my allies, enemies, or the unfortunate victims who fell by my hand. I have studied under numerous elite shinobi from Kumogakure. I have taught myself many techniques, but I was not involved in the Medical Branch for some time. I transferred into ANBU wanting to do something different with myself. However do not take my words as me being insulted, in fact I'm glad you ask because it shows you are perceptive, you're smart to be un-trusting of strangers."

Yuuto sighed because he realized he needed to probably explain something.

"Do you remember about 5-6 Years ago when Hayata Shin was still alive and Raikage, there was a man that made a village wide broadcast on a secured radio channel. He spoke about change, and how the village had been deceived by those who deemed to protect her. Regardless if you do or do not remember or even heard it, I am that man. I have been serving my penance in the underprison of Kumogakure since I'm considered to be a S-Rank Threat, if an enemy. So I don't know why you're out here Kiri, I didn't even know you until I made it here. But now that you know more about me, why not tell me the truth about you."

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a rather pleasant surprise– something he did not expect to feel, but did feel– when he heard the other utter such words. "At the end of our flames, when finally extinguished, we all return to the flow.” It was one of those statements that truly struck him. Perhaps it was because of his past, or perhaps it was because of a false goal he had for a long time. And while he had, at one point, almost resigned his fate, it were words like these that offered a certain grounding for him. And somehow it made him feel a little relieve at that very moment, especially when he was still feeling guilt over his most recent actions.

Just then, when he thought he had laid out his suspicions quite clearly for the other to understand, and he was very much ready to jump into action should the latter act unexpectedly, Kiri was surprised when Yuuto had suddenly laughed. Blinking a few times, Kiri would regain his composure and keep a skeptical stare just as the other would show his headband and passport. And as he perused the data, something caught his eye. “Three Eyes?!” – he thought as he quickly leaned forward, reaching out a hand to the other’s forehead, only to stop short before he reached for his own forehead. Hidden under the blonde fringes that reach up to his eyes, he could feel the strange scar that was the slit of his own third eye. And he couldn’t help but wonder how everything just seemed too convenient. They were so… alike.

And then, there was the challenge, for him to show his own passport. Kiri felt a little hesitant at those words. Why? Possibly because the one who has it at the moment was Junko, to make sure that he wouldn’t run off and cause trouble. And also because it showed his trust of the other. And so, it would appear that the tables have turned and he would have to prove his own identity in a manner so similar and yet almost impossible. Ah, but he did have his headband, wrapped on his arm, under the layer of his coat.

After the other clarified the situation with him, Kiri nodded to show that he understood the other’s current standings. And so, Kiri would slip out his arm with the cloud headband wrapped on his left arm, just above his elbow. And as for his identity, a moment of clarity dawned onto him and he remembered his trainee ID in the hospital as part of his mandatory on-the-job training and learning under Osu’s guidance. So he reached for his backpack and unzipped one compartment before pulling out a cord with a card on the end, showing his face (same old serious stare):
[col]
Aesculapium
Kumogakure Main Hospital Branch

Trainee # OOOOOO

Kiri
Mednin-in-Training

Osuteno
Direct Supervisor​
|
CkM4Uzs.jpg
[/col]

He seemed almost younger in the picture, though in all honesty, that picture was from a year ago. Nowadays, he didn’t seem to like to keep his fringes as long as before, back when they would even reach his chin, and his face is sharper, losing his boyish charm. And perhaps because of Junko’s influence, even his choice of clothing lately have been more mature, and the training with Junko have helped him bulk up as well, and so when he would have to wear those suits, he wouldn’t look like a student anymore, but a proper man. That, and perhaps, because of his bloodline, a nod to his Leaf Country origin, that makes his natural features unlike most of those in Kumogakure.

It was quick as he would then return the ID into the backpack. And as he would listen more to Yuuto’s story, he couldn’t help but feel a tad bit alarmed. After all, if it was true, then this person before him could easily kill him if he wanted to. But somehow, the way Yuuto spoke made him less of a criminal and more of a normal human being.

“Well, I’m sorry. I wasn’t in Kumogakure until three years ago. And even then, I was busy with school and part-time. I may have read about you, though, it was more about a small database of listed shinobis. Though I can’t really say I remembered about it too,” answered Kiri as honestly as he could before he sighed as he realised he will have to somehow answer the latter’s questions now. No more games. If everything was real, it was best to thread on the safe route, especially when he was away from Junko for now.

“I’m no one special to be honest,” he began as he adjusted his backpack. “I simply cause a bit of a problem in the village. Perhaps, if Junko-sensei wasn’t there, we might have met each other in the underprison,” he smirked though he wasn’t totally amused by the thought. “I almost killed another.” He said with a firm voice before his eyes looked down and he raised a hand to scratch at the back of his head, “But fate is can be confusing. Instead of losing everything, I gained a family, and the one I almost killed is now a brother. That’s why I can’t go back yet until I can be certain I won’t harm this new family.” Though vague, it was also true.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young shinobi named Kiri, reached into his bag pulling out a psuedo ID listing his direct supervisor as Osuteno, a medical shinobi probably that he hadn't met before. Kiri immediately apologized after, probably sensing that he may have came off as a little standoffish. He then said that he had only really gotten to Kumogakure three years ago, hence why he lacked certain information. "it's fine Kiri, I'm sure that it's not really publicized all that much considering the circumstances, no one would want the village to enter civil unrest, even if it brought about some form of democracy." He gave pause allowing Kiri to enter his next statement listening intently for the details surrounding this boy.

“I’m no one special to be honest, I simply cause a bit of a problem in the village. Perhaps, if Junko-sensei wasn’t there, we might have met each other in the underprison, But fate is can be confusing. Instead of losing everything, I gained a family, and the one I almost killed is now a brother. That’s why I can’t go back yet until I can be certain I won’t harm this new family."

Yuuto gathered a few things from Kiri's words, He claimed that he was no one special which to Yuuto meant that he was trying to be modest, but likely to draw attention away from himself. He mentioned that Junko-sensei's appearance at whatever situation occurred saved him from being sent to the under-prison. For someone Kiri's age, and stature he was quite a low rank. Only being a MiT likely meant that he was either a Genin without enough experience, or a Chuunin who was swapping to a new branch. These were just two quick assumptions he came upon, though there were definitely more. Kiri was quick to turn the situation around, leaning on a new sense of purpose. Through his struggles he gained a family in Kumogakure, and even revealing he almost killed someone who became a brother to him. He couldn't go back until he was able to make certain that he wouldn't hurt his new family.

"Love... often the remedy to all of our wounds." Yuuto remarked with a smirk. It made him think of a time where he held such love as well. A time where he almost had a wife and child. But that was a story for another time, for now Masaru Yuuto had to address this boy and pry further into his goals and ambitions. "To me it seems like you're on a path of redemption and understanding. You say that you almost killed someone, and if Junko wasn't there you would have been jailed. Tsuyoshi Junko strikes me as a righteous man, one who wouldn't have allowed you to be free let alone live if you had tried to kill someone innocent in malice. I can only assume you lost control and this brother you speak of the victim. <i></i> He took pause taking care to choose his next words carefully.

So was your trek to the Monastery of Raiden one for clarity and control? Because if that's what you were set off to do, then it is something I can help you accomplish. I was once in a situation possibly similar to yours. A Dark corrupted power had hold over me, and I felt my path had been darkened by this blight. I sought clarity and understanding, a way to purge myself of the burdens and I wandered to the Monastery a lost soul, and returned a man of purpose. Elder Mokuro taught me many lessons in my few days there, and helped me center myself. It may have seemed simple to others, but to me I hadn't had peaceful nights such as those since my grandfather was murdered. There is healing inside of inner-peace, and inner peace can lead to truth. What is it that you seek Kiri, what do you think would lift these burdens and make you feel secure, that you won't harm your loved ones."<i></i> It was a sincere offer, Yuuto had no reason to lie, at this point he simply saw a boy trying to become a man by taking accountability of his actions, and this was something he could respect.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri smirked at the other’s response. Love, so it seemed, was the common answer he had been hearing lately. Though he knew much of the concept of love, he was short of the experience. For him who grew up with a little less love than normal, it was a concept only perceived through duty. Otherwise, it was simply a concept that should not be bothered with.

He frowned a bit when the other mentioned about his current to situation. Perhaps it didn’t take a genius to understand his position. Kiri knew better than to lie as well, so he simply nodded. Indeed, the problem with what was happening was due to the fact that he was not yet as capable as he should be. Otherwise, none of the incidents would have happened and he or Hoshi would not be troubled.

However, much to his surprise, Yuuto would clarify his position and say that there was a possibility that he could help Kiri. Almost at once, a spark was lit inside him. It wasn’t too long ago when he thought he would have to walk down the path on his own, and perhaps stumble and fall into depravity. But recently, starting from Junko, Osu his mentor, and even the warm words of the brother he may have hurt, there was now this man whom he had just met and yet he was seemingly willing to help him.

He smiled at the thought before he raised his eyes to meet the latter’s. “In all honesty, I have no idea. All I know is that I cannot choose to run away from it, nor can I just simply say I should just die. So much has happened and my older brother have died to keep me alive and to simply choose to die would simply be an insult to him. But even if you ask me what must I do, I cannot say. But I do know that as I am right now, it is not enough to keep everyone safe.”

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“In all honesty, I have no idea. All I know is that I cannot choose to run away from it, nor can I just simply say I should just die. So much has happened and my older brother have died to keep me alive and to simply choose to die would simply be an insult to him. But even if you ask me what must I do, I cannot say. But I do know that as I am right now, it is not enough to keep everyone safe.”

Yuuto heard Kiri's statement gauging how heartfelt it truly was. The young shinobi stated that to not fight through this trial would be an insult to his deceased brother. He didn't have an answer as to what he should do but as he was right now he couldn't do anything to keep the people he cared for safe. So at that moment Yuuto sympathized with Kiri. He had been there before, cursed with a crazed power from a crazed mist shinobi who put a cursed seal on him, to the dark corruption that Necromancy held, and those enchanted shadows. Yuuto understood more than anyone what it meant to be unsure if you could protect those and not lose yourself in the process.

"I've heard you now Kiri, but you don't seem to have a solution. [drawing a kunai out of his bag and passing it to Kiri] I find that when I don't have an answer for something, I find that action is better than inaction. If I sit too long everything becomes fuzzy and I eventually can''t stand sitting still otherwise I'll... well that's probably my Adhd... but regardless it's better to do something. You're a shinobi Kiri even if you're a medical shinobi you still are a warrior and have an obligation to this village that you pledged yourself to when you took on the mantle. So if you ant my solution to your problem then come and meet me further out and I can help you figure out how to manage this problem, and I won't stop until I do. One thing you'll come to learn about me is that I'm a man of my word."

Yuuto would begin to walk away pointing to a mountain path. As Yuuto came to the front of it, he would being to weave handseals and create a Medical Assistant who he would then handover most of his belongings except his belt pouch. The clone of Yuuto would begin to walk away from the two (assuming Kiri followed) and set up for whatever instructions his master gave him. Then the veteran med ninja would form chakra through his body and release his third eye revealing the slit on his forehead to have a third eyeball beneath it.

"If you ever expect to get better, you have to learn to control it. This is what I offer, but first I need to see it. Further into this path is a crag like clearing we can spar in. Before I can figure out a good training method I need to see your power."

Yuuto would then take off into the path dancing from wall to wall scaling upward and darting out of sight. If Kiri waited too long he may miss his chance to test his abilities further. It would only take about six to seven minutes, but when he reached the clearing there would be an ominous presence. This was one of the places that Yuuto had met Uzu at, in truth he was coming here to seek the creature, but for now he had already designated himself to assistng Kiri. When Kiri did show up Yuuto would shift into the next point on his plan. The sneaky ninja would take out his microphone and begin to channel sound chakra through it. He was getting better at finessing his chakra through objects, it came with this amazing affinity. He would begin talking through the microphone to Kiri to explain the rules.

"Welcome Kiri, I won't bore you with too many words from here on out. i want to see you fight with this power that you don't know how to control. Try to only squeeze out the minimum without losing control, once I can see how well you do that and get a grasp of your abilities then we can focus on the core problem that prevents you from gaining control. This won't be a normal session Kiri, I may ask you to push limits you'll feel uncomfortable about but I won't allow you to harm anyone and I won't let you kill the villagers"

Did you catch that reader? One minute Yuuto was taking to Kiri about the point of fighting with his power, and why he needed to while warning him and then saying that he wouldn't let him hurt anyone or kill the villagers. It was as if Yuuto was talking like there were people around them, but surely there wasn't?

What Kiri didn't know is that Yuuto was attempting to affect his mind with a Genjutsu. From the moment Yuuto began releasing that small amount of Chakra into the mic, and started speaking, he was actually in the midst of casting an illusion. Yuu was using the [Deja Vu - Master Rank] to make Kiri see things that had happened. Since he (Yuuto) didn't have any knowledge of the event, he decided to let Kiri's mind do the work for him and make him remember the attack and intensify the situation by trying to trick his mind into thinking villagers were there too through the entire event. He wanted to see what the kid had and why it tormented him like this.

OOC
Just a little RP Spar if you down with it
-Yuuto's trying to make Kiri hallucinate that day by singing a Visual Genjutsu known as Deja Vu.

Tutoring Starts Here

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Much to his surprise, Kiri was given a kunai. For a while, he wondered the reason for such an act before the other finally continued on his speech. It wasn’t long before Kiri could discern that what the other wanted to say was that he was more than willing to trade blows in order to better understand the situation. Then, as Kiri followed the mountain path that Yuuto led them to, he couldn’t help but feel a bit excited somehow. Perhaps it was because the last time he anticipated anything that involved combat, it led to an unwanted experience. Ah, but the thrill was real and so his eagerness wanted nothing more than to be unleashed.

At that point, Kiri blinked a few times as he saw Yuuto create a clone. His third eye would open beneath the fringes on his forehead as he eagerly watched the chakra that made up the clone. It was definitely medical of nature, but it seemed oh so… cute? And then his sights would go back to Yuuto as he, too, would reveal his third eye, which was amazing.

Without further ado, Yuuto would give instruction to head to a clearing for a spar. Kiri twirled the kunai that was given to him and slid it onto the weapon holster on his leg. “We’re both of the same mind to accept,” he said, stating both he and his beast inside. And thus, he followed quickly, infusing chakra on his legs as he kicked off the ground to scale the walls. Eyes glanced around every now and then to take in the direction and scenery, but would always look ahead to keep the other within sight. It would be a disappointment if he were lose track of the latter. And no sooner would he reach the said clearing.

At that point, there was a sudden booming sound in the air and Yuuto’s voice was loud as thunder could be. And the words that came from it felt rather odd. It was almost as if. His beast was the first to catch on it, especially with his third eye open, seemingly gazing at a building up of chakra about him. And it irked him. Probably because it felt almost similar to what Junko had done in the past.

And then the entire clearing seemed to have turned into a strange dream-like scenario, but every bit of it felt so real, even the sudden downpour of rain. And in front of him stood Hoshi who was bloody and beaten, but still ready to fight him. At once, he felt a pang of guilt in his heart. But that wasn’t exactly it. Soon enough he began to hear murmurs, voices. Looking to the sides, he would find numerous people gathering about them. At first, it seemed all too mild, but then, there was one, then another, then another. Faces amongst the crowd that seemed familiar yet unnamed, wearing different garbs and holding torches and chains or rakes and blades. They were…

“No, not this…” he tried to will himself but as he glanced back to Hoshi’s figure, he would see that behind the boy stood a man with a ritual sword ready to strike. Almost at once, there was a sudden outpour of his demonic aura and he sent a howl that let out a kinetic shockwave all around him, strong enough to uproot trees or disperse the unseen malice. More importantly, he had already drawn out his sword that was now channeling with lightning as he leapt forward in an attempt to attack the said man.

This time. He will protect him rather than to commit the act. This time… this vision of memories that overlapped would fuel his beast’s desire but towards a specific path. And as he promised before, he would never harm his blood pact brother again.

WC: 644
[MFT]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuto saw that his Genjutsu had rooted itself in Kiri's mind, this was a good thing seeing as though the young medical trainee was beginning to buy into the illusion. However the illusion didn't take hold the way Yuuto wanted, instead he was now being attacked by the young Kiri, who was brandishing a sword streaking electricity. Yuuto entered a defensive stance, attempting to dodge Kiri's sword getting cut in the process. It was nothing more than a nick but still too close for comfort. With blood streaming down Yuuto's cheek, he jumped back a few steps preparing his next attack on Kiri.

"You can try to deny it as much as you want Kiri, but in the end we know the truth about you. We know who you truly are."

Since Kiri was going the Taijutsu approach, Yuuto used the genjutsu Night [Master Rank] enhanced by his Enchanter Style and his enthralled voice. Yuuto's Night Genjutsu, would make him appear to be darker, as if he blended with shadows, and would cause Kiri's Taijutsu to take way more effort to use (Bonus AP). However in order to ensure that Deja Vu stayed in effect Yuuto changed the sense of Night to that of a Will one.

After furthering himself away from Kiri once more, Yuuto would use a Hashigaki Clan jutsu, using his voice to summon a spirit from the depths of the chakra, and his own soul. The three eyed Ghost Dancer Yuuto summoned had taken over its own ethereal coil preparing itself to attack Kiri as well, with its ghostly fist.

The ball was in Kiri's court now, they'd see just exactly what he was going to do, and how he would respond to this new onslaught by Yuuto.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he struck through, his vision somehow shifted. Kiri manages to see past the strange illusion of Hoshi and his father. Instead, he caught sight of Yuuto moving backwards as he tried to avoid the blade of his sword, though it would appear as though he may have, at the very least, nicked him. But things were going to get difficult from there as he could feel the atmosphere around him was getting heavy and even he was beginning to feel the same uneasiness as before. But should he crumble now, it would only mean that everything he and Junko had been working for had been for naught.

However much that taunt wanted him to lose himself, it only seemed to rekindle his conviction. After all, Kiri had already accepted himself. Adjusting his hold on the sword, he would straighten his stand as he kept his eyes on the target. “The truth, huh?” he repeated the words as he would keep his demonic aura in check.

Just then, Kiri would narrow his eyes as he noticed Yuuto’s image suddenly seem to blur, no… it wasn’t blurring, it was simply darkening. Before he knew it, Yuuto had entirely disappeared from his vision. But then, all of a sudden, the sensation about this unknown jutsu seemed to change. Kiri shook his head for a bit, before he quickly would take a few steps back.

At that point, something appeared– a figure so much like Yuuto, with three eyes, and it had its eyes set on him. Instantly, with his guard raised, sword on the defensive, Kiri would let his chakra pour out into his shadows as they stretch out on the ground with immense speed before rupturing out into shadow tendrils that hope to capture this Yuuto and impale him.

[OOC: used Shadow Threads from Nara BL]
[WC: 298]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Ghost Dancer was assaulted by Kiri's Shadow Threads as they erupted from ground getting impaled by 5/8. The creature writhed in pain as Yuuto watched amused with the fire Kiri had to fight. However in the midst of the Genjutsu if he confused this thing for his enemy it meant he lost sight of his true enemy, Yuuto. He could see now that Kiri needed more focus, but it was also interesting seeing the shadow jutsu. He knew it well, being that he once wielded it himself before gaining temporal energy (Temporal Strider). In some ways Yuuto began to wonder if there was the off chance that Kiri was a descendant of the Masaru Clan. The clan of Shadow Users who fought Demons and Monsters. They were slayers, currently missing from the village without a trace.

Yuuto took this opportunity to show Kiri what he was made of amping up the intensity of the battle. He'd start from his stealthed position he began to activate his Chimera's Gene changing the focus of his abilities from Illusional Voice skills to that of Casting Sound Jutsu with his voice. He then started casting Stardust Nova - Sound Edition, causing a rift of chakra to open in the sky above Kiri and rain down a volley of 10 Sound Bubbles that rocketed towards Kiri like Meteors. He'd then use Combo, (Affinity Move) to follow up with a Perfected Rasengan, infusing it with the power of Sound, and increasing its size and damage to hurt Kiri badly. Yuuto wanted to constantly pressure Kiri, and keep him on his toes. There was a good chance Kiri was going to get pelted it'd be up to him to recover.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the shadow tendrils successfully piercing through this enemy, it felt a little odd. Kiri wasn’t one to think lightly of his enemy. He had faced the likes of Osu and Junko, and seeing how the other was someone he had never faced before, it would be foolish to think it would be an easy battle. Especially when he was flooded by this unknown sensation of an illusion that was meant to deprive him of rationality due to nostalgia and phobia. He was only lucky that his connection with his beast was not as fragile as it used to be, and that his new perspective in life was not as repressive as before. Still, the haunting desire to be stronger would always pulse in his heart.

Thus, at that very moment, he was surprised when something began to churn overhead. Glancing up to the sky, Kiri was shocked to see that the heavens seemed to split apart before something would shoot out and down towards him. It was unheard of and it almost seemed as though this man was deadset to kill him. Seemingly innocent spheres were rocketing towards him that Kiri was delayed from dodging for just a second and paid dearly for it. In his attempt to avoid, he barely got away from a couple of those bubbles, just as they struck with sheer force and pressure that exploded with unprecedented energy.

Crashing onto the ground, Kiri would spit out blood before coming back up quickly as he knew that the fight was far from over. From that initial attack, he had become cautious and aware of possible unexpected assaults, so he had began to gather his chakra into his body, which ended created a focused image of himself in a shadowy manner. And that seemed to have worked well for him, for no sooner, there was a sudden wisp of air that resounded like a booming force. But it would only strike at the shadows that began to merge around him, and what was struck was a wispy shade of his image, while Kiri would take this moment to press into the darkness, slipping into a battle of stealthiness.

Of which, Kiri would begin his retaliation, that within the shade he was now moving in, he would let out a demonic burst, sending the bestial energy of his Jinchuu to erupt all around him, that was powerful and explosive upon contact. This was most efficient when dealing with enemies who try and hide as the hemispherical explosion could unearth unknown enemies as well as find the invisible ones. And should Yuuto be found, Kiri would rush out with his a strike from utilising the darkness around them, sending a ninjutsu lashing at the enemy.

[OOC: I kinda followed allowable AP actions here so: Dark Displacement, Demonic Howl, Midnight Strike]

WC: 457

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Stardust Nova managed to batter Kiri up a bit causing him to cough blood. Yuuto didn't really feel bad for Kiri, if he was as much of a trouble as he claimed he should have greater power than this. The second attack came at Kiri, hitting the shadows that he had just unleashed, causing Yuuto to smirk at the familiar shadow Jutsu he himself once used. However the medic in training did another move that took Yuu by surprise a demonic screech emanated from Kiri which piqued Yuuto's interest. He was struck by the wave, and then from the shadows Kiri jumped out at him bringing a wave of darkness at Yuuto. However Yuuto's reflexes from his Dueling ability kicked in allowing him to evade the attack, he was in a defensive stance gaining more nimbleness while slinging out Ninjutsu and Genjutsu from his Mind (Shinobi 101 Use Sound Nin with Gen DC).

Yuuto would prepare an attack of his own staying on the defensive for the most part, he could see that Kiri was hell bent on keeping his power in check and on one hand they could be proud of that but on another hand it was time for Kiri to endure more pain. Yuu would use Shattered Reality to break his Genjutsu Night and Deja Vu, attempting to cause massive damage to Kiri's mind. Yuuto would then go on the offensive, "Oh Kiri Kiri, do you think that you can stave me off forever? Do you think it's this shinobi in front of you? Do you want to know what you're in Kiri? Yes a Genjutsu, but nothing is affecting what you hear, no Kiri this is your true self wishing to be.... "FREE!"

The Three Eyed Vagabond used Occular Assault another Visual Genjutsu in order to inflict more pain on Kiri, attempting to make him feel like Acid washed his eyeballs. Then he'd combo that Genjutsu with one of a lower caliber but equally important.

Yuuto would then use another Genjutsu through his voice known only to those who have the ability to control someones being down to their very fiber. Yuuto's third eye would light up and shoot out a symbol of an eye that would burn itself into Kiri's forehead. This Genjutsu was called Gaze of Enslavement, a Will Genjutsu that would imprint a command, the command being;

"UNLEASH YOUR INNER DARK POWER KIRI"

The command would lace itself on Kiri's mind attempting him to force out his dark power. However Yuuto wasn't going to let it end there. He knew that Kiri would strike back and so Yuuto then used the Kinetic Genjutsu, Petrification to attempt to bind Kiri and make him sit still while he suffered his inner darrkness's control over him.

OOC:
-Shattered Reality - Deja Vu Shattered
-Shattered Reality - Night Shattered
-Occular Assault [Master Rank] w/Cadency and Hashigaki bonuses, use the Sensory Mastery Move to combo with Gaze of Enslavement [Master Rank]
-Attempting to Make Kiri activate his Alpha Cloak with Gaze of Enslavement
-Attempting to use Petrification [Master Rank]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even as the battle progressed, Kiri would quickly find it almost impossible to trump this person. One after another, the enemy's moves would take a shot at him, biting, beating, leaving him with more doubts and anxieties about his own strength. Meanwhile, inside, the beast was getting agitated further and he knew he would have to release it's full potential.

With the release of a genjutsu, unknown to Kiri, the blonde would soon find himself writhing in pain. Amidst his fervent resistance, it seemed futile. Still, he would try his best, gritting his teeth and keeping his sword raised in defense. It would, however, be shocking when suddenly, he felt like his head was about to split in two as the coursing pain along his eyes made his knees buckle. And to make it worse, an unknown entity was invading his mind, relentlessly forcing him to reach deep into his anger.

At that point, the best inside was angered. Unlike what most people think, the soul that which was the demon who was seen as an evil entity was in fact his brother, and to see that Kiri was being tormented had unleashed his wrath. Immediately, the fanning aura about Kiri intensified. The dark armor-like skin that once belonged to the beast as seen in his soulscape would now shroud over Kiri's body. Three tails would emerge from the base of his spine, and his hair sporting a silvery color.
674019.jpg

A roar would erupt before more shadow tendrils would emerge from the base of his feet, speeding out towards Yuuto, lashing with intensity. At the same time, his arm would begin charging with electricity. A few of the shadowy tendrils would aim to latch onto Yuuto, just as Kiri would dash at him with the intent of discharging the coursing lightning jutsu on his arm.

[OOC: demon cloak omega, shadow threads, chidori]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri writhed in pain for a while, losing himself in this midst of Yuuto's constant illusions. Then his body began to morph and change his chakra becoming a violent torrent of power. Kiri now had an exoskeleton, three tails, and silver hair. He was becoming at one with his inner demon which is what Yuuto needed to see. He knew Kiri's ilk, another possessed by a power much larger than them. After the dark transformation Kiri began attacking with intense shadows.

Kiri would roar with shadows erupting from beneath him attempting to harm Yuuto. However he was unphased by these shadow tendrils, it was a trick he had seen already and one that he would prepare for. The veteran was able to shift into a more Defensive Technique before impact (0.5 -4 Acc/+4 Dodge, +10% DR) and before the first Shadow spear tried to strike Yuuto used Ambiance of the Forbidden [Master Rank] - Eastern Winds, Amp'd (3). A barrier of sound wrapped around Yuuto reducing all incoming damage, much like how his D. Tech did. He'd attempt to start dodging the shadow spears, shrugging off the ones that hit, and avoiding the others. He was prepared for a little pain especially when he saw that Kiri was going higher. Yuuto wanted to take him on more than ever now, so when the electricity began to arc around his arm. He saw this as an opportunity one where he could get to Kiri from close range while delivering a blow to test his endurance. As Kiri's Chidori came into formation, Yuuto began to cast his own Jutsu that would crash with Kiri's. He would begin to form sound chakra at the base of his hand enveloping his palm. Yuuto was a specialist, and he came a long way to get the kind of techniques he had.

A few things were going on with this sound jutsu he was priming. Sonic Strike would become a more powerful Jutsu via his Jutsu Expansion skill. It was an ability some Shinobi who perfected their mastery over a type of jutsu. Yuuto was also able to make his sound ninjutsu take the form of illusions, and while they were not illusions they were cast with the same mental prowess. He could also use his own Sound Ninjutsu through his mic or his voice but that was just a way of channeling. Once you truly mastered the ability of Sound, even the tiniest click could become destructive. Yuu took the Chidori head on adjusting himself to the side so he could take the attack in the ribs. Then he'd wrap his arm around Kiri's and fire back with his own Jutsu Expanded Sonic Strike (3). Yuuto hoped that'd be enough to rock Kiri's brain, as he prepared his final move The Reapear's Gaze. A powerful genjutsu that completely halted the opponents Chakra System and discontinued any chakra maintained techniques they were using. He would use this Genjutsu singing it into Kiri's ear with whispers of peace and tranquility.

OOC:
-Shift to Defensive Techniques
-Use Ambiance of the Forbidden Eastern Winds with Sound Affinity and becomes a Reflexive action giving me 30% DR
-Use Sonic Strike with Jutsu Expansion and using it at Gen DC
-Using The Reapear's Gaze with mental focus for bonus DC and singing it to Kiri for bonus DC.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the power he inherited, and his brother hoping to have helped him at that moment, Kiri would come to learn that there was more to be had in order to be a match for Yuuto. His chidori would be taken like a graze and that would leave him open. Yuuto grabs his arm and from that close proximity, it was inevitable to experience the painful strike. Kiri jerks back as he cough out blood.

It was an opportune moment to kill him, really. Rid Kumogakure of one possible threat. Perhaps that was what it was all about after all. Perhaps it had been a trap and with Junko away, there was nothing to help him.

And yet, surprise came yet again as the other would seemingly sing to him. It was a lullaby of peace and Kiri could feel the beast inside him stir. It took another while before the pounding of his heart would stop and he reverts to his normal state. He would hear his brother's concerned words for him but he was too tired to bother.

Grabbing on Yuuto's shoulder with his free hand, Kiri would look at the man as he gasps. He wanted to ask what the hell was going on but his body felt heavy. Soon enough, he would lean towards the other for support as the song echoes in his mind.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back