Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Did you bring the popcorn? (Spectating Eiji vs Aya Fight)

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was another day of excitement, or so it was supposed to be. Uri was cooking dinner last night when Aya came up to him with an invitation. From the look of confidence in her eyes and the feistiness in her words, there could only be two things to come out in this encounter - one of them was going to spend the night at the infirmary, and one would be laughing so boisterously in victory to the point of exhausting whatever remaining energy he or she has to fall unconscious. Uri smiled in return when he accepted the invitation while also making Aya taste the fried tofu he was making for everyone’s dinner that night.

And so, today was the day when Aya and Eiji were to have another fateful fight in the coliseum. It didn’t help that their apartment was pretty much besides the place that it might be a reason as to why the kids were always full of energy and always trying to outdo each other. Training was good, he supposed. Having fellow peers and rivals, especially living with them, only makes one yearn to strive harder. It was a good way to motivate them, even if the original reason they were bunking with each other in the same flat was to make sure Uri could keep an eye out for them as they progressed, he supposed this additional friendly rivalry between them was a bonus. Of course, he would have to remind them that there were dangers with it as well. Such as yearning for too much strength could create a rift in their relationship with one another and eventually make their rivalry into something more dangerous, rather than encouraging. He’ll have to watch out for that and make sure they don’t fall into that trap.

He found a good place along the middle of the audience seat. It was like a thespian theater after all, though the coliseum allowed for the stage to be at the center, and thus the audience could easily watch from around… if there were. It was empty at the moment. The coliseum was still recovering from the festive aura a week prior. Whatever combat there was, it was relegated to the training grounds further inside. The coliseum stage, however, was empty, save for two figures that entered – Aya and Eiji. Uri wondered if the two managed to get this place’s permission for a private use. He just hoped it wouldn’t be a problem later with paperworks. Well, as long as they don’t do any further property damage it should be alright. The important part was to be the observer and hopefully this encounter would help him asses their capabilities and further provide them with the proper care and tutelage that they need. That’s right, this was serious business.

He was in his casual clothing that day, a black sleeveless top and white crop pants and sandals, showing off whatever pale skin he had as well as his red hair, seemingly not caring about hiding his identity for the moment. Then, taking a comfortable seat he finally glanced back to the approaching figure and said, “Did you bring the popcorn?” He glanced at Ryuichi who had finally decided to show up. “I mean… sweets… uh… bentou… Rokudo-san said he’ll give some for everyone thinking that after a good fight, they’d be hungry as hell. So…. did you?”

[Topic entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi got his own invite at the same time as Uri while downing his plate of fried tofu, not caring much for the outcome. He knew between the three of them they all had their own strengths and weaknesses. Eiji was way more instinctual, and attuned with the current moment than Aya, and Ryuichi were due to his link with the earth itself. Aya was by far the most physically threatening of the three, and had great tactical skills, and Ryuichi was a jack of all trades, being somewhat skilled in both nin, and genjutsu. The three of them made a good team, covering one another's weaknesses.

However, combat with one another was a great way to gauge personal strength. Though as a team their individual strengths would play off of one another perfectly, there would be countless moments where one will fight another who is much stronger than themself, or have a unique fighting style. And this is where Ryuichi had taken an interest in sparring with his team mates.

Of the said team mates were already far ahead, already having 10 all-out matches with one another, none of which seen by him personally. If Eiji's injuries were anything to go by, Aya would be a dangerous one. No doubt she's the one encouraging the usually lazy Eiji to be beaten to a pulp as well.

Ryuichi had left the teahouse in a casual outfit holding a sealing scroll in hand with...steam, visually pouring out. Not caring much of it, the ANBU in training set out for the battle arena. Upon arriving he was completely silent, trying to see if he could get past his sensei for once. Once he was spotted he simply rubbed the back of his head with a hand. "I can't get anythin' past you, Sensei. Next time I'll get it, though." He said, rolling out the scroll along the ground.

He glanced up to Uri and smiled, saying "I helped Rokudo-san cook today. I figured the others would want some, and that the fight would last long enough to overlap with lunch, sooo." With that he slapped his hand onto the parchment, watching as ink marking left the paper, and spread along the stone floor. After a brief moment, 7 large bento boxes were on top of the paper, all steaming. Each one with a label, saying 'Meats', 'Sweets-for Uri Aoi-Sensei', 'Rice', 'Tempura & fried foods', 'Mixed food for Eiji', 'Mixed food for Aya', and 'Extra sweets'

Ryuichi smiled, being proud that he had at least prepared a fourth of this stuff for the group. All he did at that point was sit back, not being hungry for foods just yet. "Hope this is what ya like, Sensei." He stated, looking at the battlefield. His three-tomoed eyes coming to life to help him see the fight clearly. Without noticing, Ryuichi had finally achieved a fully matured sharingan.

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed that Aya was going to be fighting that other kid who had been in the hot springs at that time, Eiji, just as they said they would. Kyo had been invited to watch the fight, and had set aside time to do so, even though it ate into the preparations for the sea voyage he was intent on making. He was interested in seeing how it turned out, after all he felt she had potential and wanted to see what she was already capable of. He had taken time to instruct her when he could, and while his pride wanted him to believe that meant she would win the upcoming battle with her partner, he wasn’t foolish enough to believe that.

Kyo had left the Cornopolis in the hands of Old Nan, he was sure that she could take care of things as she often did when he was away on mission, or otherwise indisposed due to working on other portions of his schemes that required his direct involvement. Still, he rarely took time away from everything simply to do something that had no impact on his plans outside of missions and his brothers, such as coming to watch Aya fight. He dressed as he normally did, he rarely changed his dress for anything after all, part of the benefit provided to him by his bloodline was the weather unless directly causing damage had no real effect on him, so his vest was usually all he wore. Though he had taken his time a bit extra time to groom his long, waist length black hair, which fairly shimmered in the light.

When Kyo arrived at the coliseum, he found that it was mostly empty besides a few others that, if the empty area was any indication, they were likely there for the same reason he was, an invitation from one of the fighters to watch the fight that was to being shortly. After a moment he realized that the he had seen the young white haired one before, he took a moment to associate the name with the new found face, it had been a good while after all. Otani Ryuichi, the one who had left a mess in the training grounds and lacked formality that was expected of him. Kyo assumed he had figured out his Chakra control issues he was having after all this time. He pondered a moment on which of the techniques, if any had helped the young one as he headed towards them.

When he closed in he would give a small bow to Ryuichi, “Otani-san, it has been awhile.” He would then turn to the red headed man and gave another small bow, “I am Hotaka Kyo, pleased to make your acquaintance.” Kyo would then turn his attention fully to the two that were to fight, he hadn’t seen Aya in some time and her bleached hair was a bit of a surprise for him, while it didn’t look bad, it was a large change from her Red hair that she had been sporting before. Eiji, the boy had grown as well, and while his changes were apparent, they weren’t as striking as Aya’s, perhaps because he had seen more of Aya and had a firmer image associated with her.

[Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi perked up a bit when he heard the familiar voice, turning to Kyo with a wave. "Heya Hotaka-san. You were invited too?" He asks, quickly answered by the shouting of Aya in the battlefield. Ryuichi turned back to watch the fight with eager intent to get a reading on his team mate's improvement.

The fight would start interestingly with Eiji already using a body switch in an attempt to..."Is that genjutsui?" He asked himeslf, looking over to his teacher to see if he had any input. Of course he had expertise in handling genjutsu hands on, but when watching it done from afar there was a mysterious air about it. "Eiji hasn't been keeping up with reflexive, and dodge training....if he runs out of logs for the body switch I don't think he'll have the tools to avoid Aya's attacks."

And to prove his point he was shown the speed that Aya possessed, with the naked eye seeing it as a teleport of sorts. However, with these eyes Ryuichi could see the path she took in order to get to her location at faster than light speed.....to be met with another log. "And that's two." Ryuichi sighed, picking up a plastic bowl and wooden chopsticks. Looking over to Kyo he snapped the wooden eating utensils. "Uhm....you're welcome to some. There's plenty."

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uri smiled cheerily as Ryuichi approached with the goods. He welcomed the matcha and the sweets like it was a tribute offering, thus allowing Ryuichi a space to sit on. He was nibbling on a dango when a different face came along. He squinted his eyes in the lad’s direction before nodding, allowing him a space to spectate. “One dango stick on Eiji. What’s your bet?” He said so casually before watching the opening rounds. The kids were just staring at each other, from the outside, be could sense the swirl of chakras left and right. He sighed as he finished a stick and then proceeded to take a sip from the matcha and partake a daifuku.

Seeing the progress of the fight, he wondered if the two were too concerned about preparations. He knew they were possibly mentally in battle, engaging with ploys and potential strategies, but it was dragging on for a bit too long. And when the fight ensued, Eiji used the basics of escape, a body switch to logs did the trick, as did Aya. “I’ll give their preparedness for evasion a solid A, but I’m not really one for waiting. I like to kick it up a notch. But I suppose, considering their nature, they want to fight smartly. Pay attention, Ryu. You won’t see fights like these so easily.”

Meanwhile, Uri remembered a nostalgic scene of when Shuuten would train him. Patience and strategy was an important tool for combat. He knew well that it could make or break a fight, but it was something that was rather difficult for the latter to instill into him. He sighed at the thought and remained watching at the two.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi was about to place his bets on Aya, reaching down into a box of sweets to pull out a melonpan bun. "My bet's on..." He stopped, his eyes seeing something interesting. With a simple grin, he leaned back. "Ya know, I'll bet on Eiji too. It looks like he can handle this." He said, watching as he was taking punch after punch from Aya. "He's resilient, and I think he's realized that his resources are limited. If he can use the strategic thinking I know he has, then he has just as much of a chance here."

His sharingan spun every time he focused on a new source of chakra, seeing every move almost before they even happened, and wincing whenever Aya's punches landed. "What do you think? You can't see his chakra like I can. It's gonna be tough for him to last much longer."

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man with the scored flesh gave Ryuichi a nod, “Yes, I was invited to watch as well.” Kyo said standing his arms behind his back as he watched the going on in the arena. “I appreciate the offer Otani-san, but I’m not here for food.” Kyo was following the fighting going on, the back and forth of it. It was interesting to watch, and see Aya in action, as well as the other boy she had been in the Hot Springs with when they had first meet. He made a not on the mention by Ryuichi had said about Eiji’s training, or lack thereof. He eyed Eiji more critically than Aya, though he commented not at all.

Kyo essentially ignored the man, who hadn’t bothered to introduce himself, and continued to mind the fight. When they both bet on Eiji, against Aya, Kyo shook his head ever so slightly, “Aya will win, I have confidence her skills and training are more than up to the task at hand.” A friendly match, between peers was all it was. Kyo looked over to Ryuichi when he commented on seeing chakra and gave a slight shrug, “Resting is useful. Though here would just prolong the inevitable.”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back