Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Didacts and Narpets (Open RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jo didn’t flinch as the door slammed in his face; he was honestly more surprised that he got an answer than he was at Ms. Takahashi’s reaction to his appearance on her doorstep. He hadn’t even had time to ask about Ren before the wooden door was smashed back into its frame and the deadbolt slid into place. As had been happening so often of late, his emotions boiled within his chest, threatening to burst out. Every fiber of his being wanted to kick down the door and interrogate Rens mother for her whereabouts. She was his best friend for Raidens sake! They had survived the Academy together! Kept each other alive where all their other classmates had failed! They had taken their first lives on the same mission! There was no one else in the world who understood what Jo was going through at this moment than Takahashi Ren. He MUST speak to her!

No… Jo swallowed back the rage that threatened to consume him and turned his back on the door. If Ren’s mind was as broken as the Psyche Eval seemed to reflect, then what was left of his friend was gone now. Some people could look into the dark depths of the void of death and come out unscathed, others were consumed by it. Jo was neither. He, like so many other soldiers and shinobi before him stood on the edge of the void; diving in when duty calls, and clawing their way back out when the job was done, only to be left standing at the precipice between life and death. They attempt to live their lives as best they can, but the void is always there; sometimes just a shadow on the periphery of their vision, other times an all-consuming gaping maw.

The two women Jo loved most were the other two extremes. Takahashi Ren, his best friend whom he loved like a sister, had fallen into the depths after their second mission. As he stepped down the three steps from the front stoop of her mothers house to the sidewalk, Jo felt as if he was abandoning her there. She was his friend! He should be there for her during her trials and tribulations; but she didn’t want to see him (or so her mother had said countless times). His black, steel-toed boots crunched in the newly fallen snow as he left the shelter of the porch and walked towards the heart of the city; each step the knell of a funeral bell as he mourned the loss of his one true friend.

Snow flew thick this evening; fat flakes flung furiously forward by the ferocious gales frighteningly familiar to Kumogakure citizens. The buildings that lined the streets creating wind-tunnels that threw the frozen precipitation sideway and threaten to do likewise to anyone foolish enough to be caught out and about on such a tempestuous night. Jo wasn’t perturbed by the weather; he was raised in this town all his life, and he was well used to it by now. Besides, he was adequately clothed to defend against the frozen fury his homeland was famous for. He wore thermal pants beneath his blue-jeans, and his feet were clad in thick socks beneath his water-proof leather boots. His torso was triple-layered with a t-shirt, a dark-grey hoodie, and a brown leather jacket. He hadn’t bothered with adding more headwear to his usual garb, the hood on his sweatshirt was working well enough. Besides, the cold winds nipping at his face helped clear his head and sharpen his focus.

As he stuffed his hands into his jacket pockets, his mind wandered to the other woman in his life; Takaki Saeko. He’d fallen for her when they’d met at the Shoguns Nameday Ball, and their love had blossomed ever since, culminating with his confession to her during his last mission over the soliton chakra radio system. Everyone in the Torre’s control center heard it, including her father; Sennin Takaki Masao. Not to mention that, due to some sort of signal crossing, super-technical something-or-other, everyone everyone on a similar system in Lightning, Marsh and Bear Countries heard his confession! The resulting praise and forest of lady-boners he’d been given and informed of (respectively) was flattering, even if it was a little embarrassing.

The only problem was that her father hadn’t known about their seeing each other; he was also Jo’s immediate commanding officer and one of the most powerful shinobi in Kumo. As such, Jo had expected a not-so-enthusiastic meeting shortly after his return to the Village; more-than-likely involving death by hairbrush. He was surprised to find that the Sennin wasn’t in his office when he went to the Torre to face the music. He wasn’t in his office, and he didn’t return all day. Jo had tried to find Tama, or Zaku, but he hadn’t seen them since they returned from their mission, and he couldn’t find them anywhere. A lone shinobi trying to canvas an entire city was hopeless; and he didn’t have access to their personnel files, so he couldn’t go to their homes. In the end, he was so frustrated that all the emotions that he had been holding back burst forth. Luckily, he was at the training grounds behind the Academy when it happened. No one was going to miss six or seven training dummies (now smoldering piles of charred wood).

Once he was drained of all his anger (and consequently, his chakra), he started wandering the Village. He hadn’t been paying attention to where he was going, he just ended up at Rens house. He needed to talk to someone, and who better than his best friend? Now she was gone, and Jo was alone. The boy wasn’t very social when he was a student at the Academy; and his time since his graduation had been spent on back-to-back missions. The little down time he had was spent training. As a result, he didn’t have many friends. Sure he had his teammates, but he’d never hung out with them off the clock. He loved Saeko, and he wanted to spend the little time he had away from work with her; but he didn’t know where she was, her or her father. He was alone.

Once again, he hadn’t been paying attention to where he was going. He vaguely remembered seeing illuminated shop windows through the flurry of flakes, but those were just images flashing by at his periphery. His vision was more filled by the gaping maw of death.
Blink

A dozen broken bodies lay splayed out before him, his now-empty bolter lay steaming in the snow. They were shredded and torn by steel, their blood steaming as it stained the snow crimson. He drew his handbolter, fired twice into another. The man fell to the ground, silent. He stepped forward, he heard screaming. He looked down. One of the bodies was writhing, his face twisted in agony, his voice ragged with blood and chunks of lung. He was screaming in Hangul. He was crying for his mother. Jo lined up his sights with the center of his forehead. He pulled the trigger. Blood and brains everywhere.

Something was wrong. More wrong than one boy killing another. There was an unintelligible sound. Jo searched for it. Stopped in horror. The wolf was massive. Fur so black it rivaled the night sky. Glowing red eyes burning into his soul. It was feasting on one of the bodies. The sound was it crunching on bones. It noticed him looking. It smiled. Blood and bone marrow dripped from its teeth.

”Who are you?” Jo’s voice echoed through the memory, rending what had once been a past reality that was horrible enough without this intrusion. The sound of thunder rolled through the images, sundering them like a stone thrown through glass. It took a moment before Jo realized that it was laughter…

Jo wasn’t sure what woke him from his revere. Was it the laughter of the beast within, or the fact that the wind had stopped blowing? Jo glanced around, realizing where he was. Dawnbringer Plaza was at the crux of five streets, the statue of Aion stood tall at the center of the circular courtyard, dominating the cobblestone expanse. Where the five streets focused the winter gale like a wind tunnel, when they met at the Plaza they canceled each other out. Instead of the driving snow and howling winds, the air was dead, and the snow fell in giant, silent flakes. It was like standing in the middle of a snow globe; save for the falling snow, the world was silent and still.

Jo walked to the center of the Plaza, his gaze turned upward towards the face of the Dawnbringer. What was going on inside him? What was the beast? Where was Saeko and Masao? Why was he alone?

”Why…?”

{MFT: 1494)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Silence reigned as the snow fell in great fluffy flakes, settling on the head of the Dawnbringers statue like dandruff. The flakes melted as they connected with Jo’s face, sending trickles of melted ice running down his cheeks (or were those tears?). Jo stared at the visage of Clouds most powerful shinobi; the one who had never fallen in battle, whose greatness was so renowned that the gods themselves called him to the cosmos to grace them with his presence. What words of wisdom would he give should he speak right now?
(OOC: This really isn’t prevalent for anyone who would want to RP in this post, but is necessary for continuation of Jo’s personal plot. It’s a decent RP though, so reading it is encouraged and feedback appreciated!)

’He’d call you weak…’ the words rang through his mind; a dark, deep growling that sent needles of fear up and down his spine; a chill so cold that the snow could never hope to rival it. The words weren’t just in his mind, they seemed to be coming from his right. Jo tore his face from Aions and turned to see what he knew would be there. The great wolf stood mere feet from him, massive in stature and in presence. ’But he’s not really there…’ the Genin thought as he watched snowflakes pass through the beast and land unperturbed on the cobbles beneath him. There were no paw prints in the snow, nor did the thing have any scent (though Jo suspected he’d smell of fire and brimstone).

”Of course I’m not really here;” The beast spoke, this time from the form of the apparition . ”I’m just a projection of my true self. I figured it would be easier to communicate this way.” The beasts mouth moved when he spoke, a motion that seemed more apt for rending flesh than forming words. ”Don’t worry, you’re not insane.” It read his mind before the thoughts could even be processed into a word. [color]”Well, not yet; and that will only happen if you allow it.”[/color] The wolf paced around in front of Jo, separating him from the statue; for a beast so large, its movements were swift and graceful, seeming to flow like liquid smoke as it turned and rested on its haunches.

”To answer your question: Aion the Dawnbringer would call you weak; and I would have to agree with him. Relying on others, focusing on the past rather than the present or the future, fearing who and what you are and the deeds you were born to do… You are weak.” The words carried with them not the anger or resentment one would expect, but disappointment. ”This will take a lot more work than I thought…” The beast pondered.

”Who are you?”

”Don’t speak!” The wolf snarled, its eyes scanning left and right. ”My voice is just a projection of your mind, so is my image. No one else can see me but you. So, unless you want to get locked up in the loony-bin like your friend, you’ll think what you want to say to me. Understand?”

’You still haven’t answered my question…’ Jo replied, not bothering to answer the wolfs. ’Who are you, and why are you here?’

”Persistent, aren’t you?”</B><i></i> The beast chuckled (though there was nothing merry about it). ”I guess that would be one of your strengths then. Though it doesn’t offset your self-pity.”

’Get to the point!’

”Patience! It’s a virtue I know you have, so use it!”</COLOR><i></i> He retorted. <B>”My name is By-Tor. I was sent by the Author to aid you in your times of need; though, honestly, I wasn’t expecting such a difficult assignment.” Images of the sanctuary he’d visited as he bordered on death in the sickbay of a Lightning Country battleship flooded to the front of his mind. Images of the man that looked so much like him, sitting behind a desk and putting quill to parchment to write Jo into existence, made him remember what he’d almost forgot in the pain-killer stupor he’d been submerged in. ”Yes, now you remember?”<i></i>

’Stay out of my head!’

”Oh, no; I can’t do that! We’re joined as one! Where you go, I go; and vice versa.”

’So you’re the one who has been messing with my emotions?’

” “Messing with them”, I prefer the term; “releasing your inner beast.” It sounds much more pleasant. All I’m doing is showing you the carnal nature you’ve been hiding behind that civilized veneer of yours. If you ever wish to become stronger, you’ll have to give in to the primal.”<i></i>

’The path to power lies in rising above them.’

”Cut the crap! You know that’s just what they want you to think. True power comes from releasing yourself from the restraints society holds on you, and harnessing them for your own use. You must release the killer instinct, become the hunter you were born to be; then, and only then, can you take that raw, unbridled power and focus it to further yourself.”

’NO! I will not become a beast like you! I don’t know where you come from, but civilized men have grown beyond what their primal needs dictate; and I will not lower myself to the level of an animal!’

”Willful little shit, aren’t you?” By-Tor chuckled, his amusement filling the genin with rage. ”Yes! Fill yourself with anger; feel the carnal power of your fury! If you could only learn to control that power, you would become great…” It took Jo a second to realize that he’d almost become so enraged as to lash out at the image of a wolf that wasn’t actually there. ”Perhaps it’s best that we end this little meeting; give you some time to chew over my words. Until then, I’ll be tucked away in a corner of your mind. Call me when you need me; or, I’ll come when you do, regardless of whether or not you want me. You can’t hide from yourself forever.” And with that, the image of the wolf was gone.

<COLOR color="darkred">”Oh, by the way… I came from Hell.”<i></i>

The silence returned, snowflakes still slowly sidling to earth. Jo stood staring at the place where the wolf had been, then turned his eyes back to Aion. ”This is stupid…” Jo muttered under his breath. It was just a statue, the man long since ascended to heaven (or so his Author had written); no words of wisdom, no assistance, no applause would ever come from it. Why was Jo feeling sorry for himself when he should just be glad that he’s still living? After everything that happened in Marsh (no, everything he’d been through since he was conscripted to the Academy), he was lucky to be alive! Damnit he earned the right to live! Hell, he was in love with a girl who loved him back! Even though her dad might kill him once he caught up with him, right now Jo had nothing to complain about.

Except for the cold! Standing on one spot that long had slowly sapped off the little heat he’d been producing by walking around town, and now he was freezing! Jo glanced around and found a brightly lit café on one of the five corners, the light from its wide front window bathing a portion of the Plaza in a golden glow that reflected off the snow. The genin turned his back on the stone figure and made his way over to the promised heat.

A tiny bell over the door jingled as he entered, stomping his boots on the mat by the front door to rid them of snow (and subsequently, his toes from numbness). There wasn’t a host desk or a “Please wait to be seated” sign, so Jo simply made his way to an empty booth and sat down, hanging his jacket on the hook that was conveniently bolted to the wall beside it. The place was crowded, everyone seemingly having the same solution to escaping the cold. It was furnished in the western-style, and from the smells wafting from the kitchen, Jo assumed they were serving similar cuisine. Even with the large amount of customers, it didn’t take long for a waitress to come over and greet him.

”Good evening! My name is Yui, and I’ll be taking care of you tonight.” She said cheerily, plopping a laminated menu and roll of silverware in front of him. She was attractive enough; around five feet tall with unremarkable brown hair pulled back in a pony-tail and eyes to match. Black slacks and a white button-up shirt did their best to flatter her modest curves, but could only do so much with what they had to work with. ”Can I start you off with something to drink?”

”A double of Fireball would certainly help ward off the cold.” Jo smiled. He had a certain fondness for the cinnamon-flavored whiskey, and he sure could use a drink after a night like this!

”Ah, I’m going to have to see some I.D., sweetie…” Yui said, knowing full well that the fourteen-year-old was under aged.

Jo flicked the metal plate of his Kumo headband and raised his eyebrows. ”This should be I.D. enough.”

”Sorry, honey; but I can’t break the law, even for a shinobi. How about I get you some hot cocoa? It’s on the house!” She didn’t wait for an answer before turning around and walking over to the bar. Jo huffed a little dejectedly and lean back in his seat with furrowed eyebrows. He didn’t usually have trouble procuring a drink or two at a restaurant (though he was never foolish enough to get blitzed at one). Most establishments were ok with serving shinobi a little booze as a thank you for everything they do for them. Old enough to fight and die for your country, but not old enough to get a drink? Where’s the logic in that? It didn’t take long before Yui returned with the large ceramic mug. The steaming liquid was topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, and a mini candy cane was tucked into the top at a jaunty angle. ”Here you go, hun. I’ll give you a couple of minutes to look over the menu, m’kay?”

Jo said his thanks as she walked away, admiring the craftsmanship of the beverage before him. He almost didn’t want to drink it and mar its beauty! His mood lightened considerably as he picked it up and took a sip. Amazing! Rich dark chocolate blended in cream and heated to just the perfect temperature for drinking without burning your tongue! Was that a hint of peppermint schnapps he tasted? He turned his gaze to the bar and found the bartender. She was much more attractive; waist-long blonde hair pulled back and braided complimented her bright blue eyes. Where Yui’s uniform was working hard to make what it was given look good, the bartenders was just trying to hold her assets in check. Upon catching his eye, she glanced left and right to check that the coast was clear before giving him a wink and continuing with her duties. Jo raised his mug in a salute to her skill and the surprise ingredient she’d added and took another sip. Maybe this night wouldn’t be so bad after all.

(OOC: BTW’s; I work in a restaurant, and both Yui and the bartender are modeled after two of my coworkers. Disclaimer: we NEVER serve alcohol to minors!)

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
SnK_Levi_zpse332e481.jpg

cloud_medic_zps76bbfb4d.gif
“You.”

Voices were like wine, it was said, with each one composed of complex notes and tones and suggestions that changed depending on the circumstances, much like the flavor of a vintage changed year after year with varying temperament of the soil. Takaki Enjeru’s voice, however, only came in three grades: disgust, ennui, and yet more ennui.

Today’s flavor was a mixture of the latter two.

“Yeah, don’t try to run. I know you’re with my sister,” he sighed, sitting in the seat across from Jo. The way Enjeru was bundled up, along with certain features of his favorite winter hat, gave him the overall appearance of a resentful feline sidling onto a bench for a drink. Even though he was now inside, the mednin did not attempt to take any of his outerwear off. He peered at Jo for a minute, before speaking again. “Don’t worry, I’m not here to beat you up or anything. That only happens in dramas. I watched a drama once – it was horrible. No, I’m here to talk. But first, hand me a menu. I’m hungry. Nothing with gluten in it, though. Also, I’m allergic to eggs. And peanuts. And shellfish. And did I mention gluten? I had gluten once - it was horrible.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”You.” It was a voice Jo recognized instantly; he’d heard it once before. He’d been in the hot springs then and had just kissed Saeko for the first time when he intruded on their solitude. Now he was back, this time interrupting Jo’s one-on-one time with the most delicious hot cocoa in the world (though he’d honestly prefer the presence of Saeko than the steaming chocolaty drink). The voice of Enjeru seemed to drip listlessness and dissatisfaction at the sight of the boy who had, until a few days ago, been secretly dating his sister. Had his voice held more contempt, Jo would have been worried about a confrontation; but, as it were, he wasn’t sure whether or not the man though the genin was worth the effort or the paperwork involved with obliteration.

“Yeah, don’t try to run. I know you’re with my sister,” he sighed, sitting in the seat across from him. He peered at Jo for a minute, before confirming his assumption. “Don’t worry, I’m not here to beat you up or anything. That only happens in dramas. I watched a drama once – it was horrible. No, I’m here to talk. But first, hand me a menu. I’m hungry. Nothing with gluten in it, though. Also, I’m allergic to eggs. And peanuts. And shellfish. And did I mention gluten? I had gluten once - it was horrible.”

Jo was taken aback by the seemingly scatter-brained speech of the man before him. One thing was certain; he didn’t seem to be unfriendly. Jo was relieved at that. ”Well, that’s nice to know.” he said as he handed the menu to the man across the table. ”That just leaves me with your fathers hairbrush to worry about.” Jo had honestly never even considered her brother to be a physical threat after his confession went public. As an only child, he’d never experienced the fiercely protective nature most older brothers had for their younger sisters. It only made sense that, as his younger sisters romantic interest, Jo should have a healthy level of fear for Enjeru.

”The blackened chicken salad looks good. No gluten, no eggs, no tree nuts or shellfish…” Jo commented innocently, trying to find a way to broach the subject gently. He might’ve had an easier time sneaking an elephant through a room of hyperactive kindergarteners. ”So… How is Saeko?” His first concern was for the girl he loved. Regardless of the eminent risk of being groomed to death, Jo needed to know that she was alright. He didn’t know her father much outside of work, but if his discipline of his children was anything like his sanctions for dress-code violations, Jo had a valid concern. He wanted to ask him where she was, demand to be brought to her, hold her in his arms… Jo banished some of the thoughts that were trying to creep into his head (probably By-Tors doing) and focused on the present. Instead, he controlled himself; leaned back in his seat, and sighed. ”How’s your father handling this?”

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A small bell chimed as the seventeen year old genin walked into the café. Tomo shivered slightly before the warm air finally reached his frigid face. He had a large knitted hat that covered his head, his dyed blonde hair shoved in it. He wore a large puffy winter jacket to try and keep the cold away, but it didn't help. He was wearing his costume for the most recent production that the Mochizuki Troupe was putting on. He was supposed to only be the stage manager, but his elder sister, Kimiki, had insisted Tomo play the role of the heroine. And so, Tomo played the part of the princess who had to pretend to be a prince. As Tomo took his jacket off, the costume became visible, drawing the attention of most men at the bar. Tomo's pants were simple, as were his boots. His shirt and jacket, however, were extravagant, resembling the western style of royalty. Gold trim and buttons gleamed in the light as he began to walk past the bar and near the booths. Tomo could see his reflection on a silver plate adorning the wall. Kimiki insisted that Tomo wear makeup, and when Kimiki decides something, it happens. It wasn't gaudy stage makeup, just simple touches to his already feminine looking face. His lashes were now longer, his lips had a slight gloss to them, and very light blush adorned his cheeks. He had intended to remove the makeup once he returned home, but the cold had been too much for him and he had to stop.

A few whistles sounded as he passed, along with an invitation to sit with one drunken gentleman. Tomo gave a simple no, his nose slightly scrunched in disgust. He hated alcohol. It dulled the mind, and there was nothing worse than a smart person gone stupid. Or worse, an idiotic person becoming even more stupid. A waitress appeared in front of Tomo and motioned to the only open booth in the café, a spot near a teenage boy and an young man with a look of resentment. Tomo nodded a thanks to her and made his way to the booth. Two spots were left, both of them on the other side of the gentlemen. Tomo, not wanting to interrupt, improvised. A small gust of wind blew under Tomo as he jumped over the younger boy's head and into the seat next to him. Tomo mumbled an excuse me as he did so. He hung his jacket on the other rack but kept his hat on since he was still pretty cold. With his hat still on, Tomo looked identical to his twin, Tama.

Tomo gave the two a friendly smile. Tomo's grey eyes took in the younger boy's appearance, and it finally hit him. Narashi Jo, a genin. Tomo's smile turned into a slight smirk as he recalled the rumors he'd heard about the kid confessing his love to the Sennin's daughter. Tomo then turned his attention to the older one, and could easily deduce that it was Takaki Enjeru, the son of the Sennin. Tomo's face was apologetic as he spoke. "Sorry for the intrusion gentlemen. There's nowhere else to sit. Don't mind me, I'll just sit here quietly." Tomo's voice was only slightly lower than Tama's, while his manner of speech was far different from hers. The waitress appeared, offering a menu. Tomo waved his delicate hand to decline. "No thanks, I'll just have what he's having." Tomo pointed to the mug in front of Jo and gave the waitress a charming smile along with a wink. The waitress nodded and was on her way, though she seemed slightly confused at Tomo's reaction.

Soon the waitress was back with a steaming mug of cocoa. Tomo thanked her and placed his hands on the mug to warm them up. He stared into the liquid, letting his mind wander, trying not to eavesdrop too badly on the conversation next to him. Finally Tomo lifted the mug to his glossy lips, the liquid easing into his mouth. "Mgh" An odd sound came from Tomo as his taste buds screamed. His eyes looked to the bar, and the blonde-haired bartender gave him a wink. Tomo's eyes twitched as he tried to figure out what to do, keeping his mouth closed so the cocoa wouldn't spill all over the table and himself. Finally he turned his back to Jo and Enjeru and spat the coco back into the mug. He glared at the liquid for a moment. Stupid bartender spiked my cocoa! He took a breath to gain his composure back, reminding himself that the bartender was only trying to be kind. He placed the mug back on the table and decided to just use it as a hand warmer. After that episode, Tomo embarrassingly cleared his throat and looked out the window, staying out of the conversation unless brought in.

WC: 820
[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
SnK_Levi_zpse332e481.jpg

“If it’s blackened, I can’t have it. Too many carcinogens. Also, I don’t do salad. Too much E. coli. Do you know that it takes only a bit of contamination to kill? That’s why I always wash my hands,” sniffed Enjeru, taking a rather large bottle of alcohol-based hand sanitizer from somewhere on his person and setting it down on the table. “I suppose I’ll just have…hmmm…I’ll have the cheese fries. But no cheese, you see. I’m lactose intolerant. Even cheese and yogurt have small amounts of lactose, you know. Bacon-bits, on the other hand, are the perfect food because they don’t have actual bacon in them. I’m sensitive to nitrites, hence no bacon,” he sighed.

”So… How is Saeko?” asked Jo, cautiously, and with no small measure of trepidation.

“In pieces. My father brushed her to death after your confession,” deadpanned the mednin. “Just kidding,” he sighed in response to Jo’s likely reaction. “Everyone says I have a horrible sense of humor. Well, humor is horrible, so I’m being appropriate. Saeko is busy with work. She doesn’t just sit around all day pining for her boyfriend, although when she pines it’s rather irritating. Anyway, there are a lot of shinobi these days with PTSD and the like, so she’s been needed constantly at the Takao Institute. She knows you’re back, though. She wanted to buy you something nice for your arrival. Of course, I just came back from a devastated plague village in the middle of nowhere with billions of malicious pathogens trying to violate every crevice on my body and what does she get me? Nothing. Figures,” shrugged Enjeru.

“How’s your father handling this?”

“Ah, so you get to the meat of the matter – self protection. Yes, that is reasonable of you. Saeko is not as airheaded as she seems. Anyway, Father is a strange man. He’s been quiet lately, so I think it means he’s either accepted his daughter being swept away by some guy or maybe he expects me to do his dirty work for him. Then again, I am the shittiest onii-chan in the world so I hope he doesn’t expect me to fly into some sort of brotherly rage and attack you. I did that once. It was horrible. Do you have an imouto, Narashi-san?"

At that moment, a very effeminate-looking boy, or girl, or something, sat down nearby, jostling Enjeru. A look of passive resentment clouded the mednin’s face at this, but then again, the same look passed over him as a result of nearly any stimulus (even boobs thrust in his face, when his classmates had taken him to an “adult entertainment” venue for MiT graduation – he found it horrible).

"Sorry for the intrusion gentlemen. There's nowhere else to sit. Don't mind me, I'll just sit here quietly."

Enjeru did not reply or pay any more heed, until of course the new arrival proceeded to…spit his or her drink back into his or her cup! The mednin gagged at this, bringing his hands to his mouth in an effort to fight off the resultant nausea.

“Jesus Saito, that’s unsanitary!” snapped the mednin. “I cannot abide…backwash! Kimochi ga warui! I might vomit…” he sniffed tearfully, grabbing onto Jo's arm for support. And then of course, using plenty of hand sanitizer afterwards.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh. Dear. God. Jo had never met a mysophobe before, but it seemed that Enjeru was a textbook case. Holy hell; where did that bottle of sanitizer come from?! Taking a glance over the menu, it would seem that nothing would be able to sate this mans hunger without fear of contamination except maybe…

“I suppose I’ll just have…hmmm…I’ll have the cheese fries. But no cheese, you see. I’m lactose intolerant. Even cheese and yogurt have small amounts of lactose, you know. Bacon-bits, on the other hand, are the perfect food because they don’t have actual bacon in them. I’m sensitive to nitrites, hence no bacon,”

”Yep, and there’s no chance of contamination after being in 300 degree vegetable oil.” While it was heat-wrenchingly bad for his cardiac arteries, there was so denying the mans logic (except the bacon-bits). Though Jo thought he remembered a lecture in his general health class that underexposure to contaminates actually weakened the immune system because it was never given the ability to produce antibodies against day-to-day germs. It was one of the many reasons his parents had gotten him a dog when he was a kid; kids with dogs are exposed to more contaminates than their canine-less counterparts, and are therefore more likely to develop a wider variety of antibodies. The same ends could be reached by vaccination; but it’s impossible to vaccinate against everything because viruses and bacteria are constantly mutating. Jo mentally shrugged it off. Let the man lead his life how he wants. Other than the occasional cold, Jo was never ill; and he had his dog and a comparatively “unsanitary” lifestyle for that.

“In pieces. My father brushed her to death after your confession,” Enjeru said expressionlessly. Jo’s heart froze as his mind did a double-take. ’Wait; WHAT?!’ He hadn’t even had time to comprehend what Enjeru had said before he responded. “Just kidding,” he sighed; probably exasperated with the imbecilic look of misunderstanding that was stamped on Jo’s face. The Genin sighed heavily as Enjeru prattled on about how his horrible jokes were justified by jokes being horrible. She’d been keeping busy with PTSD patients; well that made sense. With the war and general shinobi lifestyle taking their toll on the minds of Kumo’s finest, someone would have to be there to help them. The dark thought of whether or not Saeko thought of him as just another patient had barely crossed his mind when Enjeru said something that blew that thought out of the water.

”She pines over me?” A big stupid grin lit up Jo’s face at the thought of her longing for his return. She was even thinking about getting him a gift! Jo had considered bringing her flowers or some other such small trinket of his affection; but had changed his mind for a more Romantic and meaningful gesture. There was only one hurdle left to jump, and Enjeru’s next line of conversation struck right at the heart of the matter. The mans hypothesis that silence meant either acceptance or assumption that his son would fulfill his brotherly duties didn’t seem to sit right with Jo. While there should be no person who knows a man better than his son, Jo had his own theory on the Sennins true intentions. If Jo knew Masao’s mind, he was simply biding his time. He would know his son wasn’t the violently over-protective type. He would know Jo would have to seek him out sooner or later for his blessing on courting his daughter. Then… once Jo was within his grasp… he would POUNCE! Or accept him with open arms, though Jo was fairly sure the prior would be the most likely outcome.

Even with all those things considered, Jo was surprised to hear that Enjeru had in fact attacked someone in a brotherly rage before (though if his attitude towards it was reflected by his personality, Jo needn’t worry about a repeat performance. ”No, I’m an only child.” he said, answering his final question. ”I was that close to someone, once; but we’ve since grown apart.” Jo’s visage changed to a dark pensiveness as he considered the loss of his friend Ren, but he quickly pushed that thought aside. She had her life to live, and he his. Dwelling too long on the past would only leave him trapped there, unable to move forward.

"Sorry for the intrusion gentlemen. There's nowhere else to sit. Don't mind me, I'll just sit here quietly." A very effeminate-looking boy interrupted, hopping over them and into the booth.

”No trouble at all; it’s rather crowded in here, after all.” Jo replied politely, hoping to draw his attention away from the look of near-contempt Enjeru was throwing his way. ”I'll just have what he's having."<i></i> ’Oh shit!’ The other guy didn’t know Jo’s cocoa had a little more peppermint in it than the candy cane tucked into the whipped cream. The mans beverage was delivered quickly, and Jo held his breath as he sipped… and quickly spat it back out! A look of realization crossed his face as he glanced at the bartender who winked at him as she had with Jo before beginning to polish another glass.

”Ah.. yes! I should’ve warned you that the cocoa is rather sweet here.” Jo said to the newcomer rather pointedly, gently tapping his shin with his boot under the table. ”I’d go with some coffee, or hot tea if you want something less sweet.” Jo glanced at the bartender, who had seemingly picked up what was going on and grinned sheepishly in apology. Jo hoped that Enjeru was too busy trying not to vomit and cleansing his hands to notice all the silent messages flying around. ”I’m Narashi Jo, and this is Takaki Enjeru; for both your sake and his, we should have this mug removed and replaced with something a little more sanitary.” The genin motioned for the waitress to come and retrieve the mans mug and get him a more suitable replacement as he introduced them. After introductions were made, Jo got straight to the point.

”I know this is a little presumptuous to ask of you, Takaki-sama; but I need your help. Would you be willing to set up a meeting with your father for me so we can discuss this whole matter? I would really like to have his blessing before I ask your sister out formally. I’m a little old-fashioned like that. I’d also like to take her out on an actual date sometime soon. The last few times we met were through luck and happenstance, and I think an actual planned night out would be appropriate.”

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo gave an apologetic look to Enjeru. He had heard rumors about the young man's...issues...but Tomo had never experienced them first hand. Jo introduced himself and his company, and Tomo nodded in response. "Yeah, I figured as much. Mochizuki Tomo. Pleasure." Jo waved for the waitress to remove the mug, and Tomo willingly handed it over to her. "Coffee seems like the safest choice. Lots of cream and sugar." The waitress disappeared, and Tomo couldn't help but hear the conversation between the two new acquaintances. Sounds like the kid wanted a date set up, and Tomo lightly smiled to himself. Tomo's last and only date hadn't gone so well. He worked hard to make it work, to make sure that it was a proper date that all other girls would be jealous of, but all the maiden seemed to do was pay attention to some mangy mutt. In the end, they drifted apart, and he hadn't seen the young lady since.

Tomo's mind stopped wandering as the waitress returned with a fresh cup of coffee. He thanked her and took a cautious sip. No alcohol could be tasted, and he silently enjoyed his cup as he stared out the window yet again. As he drank the last sip, he felt the gentlemen in the booth behind him leave. Tomo gave Jo and Enjeru a pleasant smile. "Well, thanks for the company, but I think I've imposed enough for today." And with that, Tomo climbed into the booth behind him and grabbed his jacket. After paying for his drink, he braced himself before exiting the establishment.

[Topic left]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
SnK_Levi_zpse332e481.jpg

Enjeru fought to contain his angstiety (angst and anxiety). Just as certain members of the village fought a daily battle within themselves to contain horrifyingly powerful eldritch abominations that flayed their souls from the inside (Jinchuuriki, in shinobi public health jargon), Enjeru fought a daily battle to keep himself sane amidst the never-ending onslaught of microscopic pathogens and the behaviors associated with them. In his educated view, it was far preferable to have to deal with only one world-ending demon than billions of them, so he had the harder fight by far.

Thank Shinbatsu, then, for hand sanitizer in a bottle. If there was any proof in this miserable, unfair world that Raiden above truly loved his followers and wanted to ease the suffering of their short, brutal lives, it was found in 70% alcohol gel that could easily be spread across the hands and evaporated quickly (even though it left a faint residue and smell that just bothers the piss out of this writer). Enjeru found solace, catharsis, and everything in between in those pumps of Purell - his own personal orison before the Maker.

For those who thought the above passages too long and didn't read them, the short version was that because of a lot of sanitizing gel, Enjeru narrowly avoided freaking the fuck out and bugging out like a genin with his ass on fire. Contrary to popular belief, though, Enjeru did not resent Mochizuki Tomo who was the proximate cause of his near-freakout. It was true that the mednin was a hateful creature - a grumpy cat by any other name - but his hatred was directed more at germs and less at people. In a germ-and-gluten-free world, Tomo's backwash would have gone unnoticed, and they could have enjoyed a ribald discussion of whose imouto (Saeko or Tama) was worse and left in good humor. But alas, it was not to be, as Tomo made the decision to exit early.

Dammit, don't leave! We could've been friends...curse and damn you, evil microbes! thought Enjeru as he helplessly watched Tomo depart. And what a cute girl she was, too...

”I know this is a little presumptuous to ask of you, Takaki-sama; but I need your help. Would you be willing to set up a meeting with your father for me so we can discuss this whole matter? I would really like to have his blessing before I ask your sister out formally. I’m a little old-fashioned like that. I’d also like to take her out on an actual date sometime soon. The last few times we met were through luck and happenstance, and I think an actual planned night out would be appropriate," said Jo, now breaking the tense silence.

"Er...what...I..." Enjeru stammered. Wait a second - he had just driven off a pop idol and revealed himself to be a total freak, and yet this genin, Jo, was simply going on like nothing had happened? Where was the inevitable "how the hell are you still alive?" or "they're just fuckin' germs, man!" or "Wierdest. Boner. Ever." Instead, Jo was treating him like...a man. Like a brother in arms. Because that was what a wingman was, and Jo was asking Enjeru to be his wingman. Goose to his Maverick, as the famous film "Top Lel" had forever established to be the paradigm of masculine bonding. (Ignoring the fact that Goose died).

Despite himself, the table under Enjeru's face was now spotted with tears.

"I... I... No one's ever asked me to do that for him before. They all just tell me to stay the hell away or I'll cockblock them..." he sniffled. "And you called me -sama, too... You know what? Fuck what my father thinks! He can take that brush he's prepared for you and shove it up his own ass!" he shouted brightly. "Saeko deserves the best, and you have proven yourself to be a good guy! Maybe a bit germy, but that's okay, because she's infested with bacteria too!" declared Enjeru as he rose triumphantly from his seat. "You know what, come over to the house like tomorrow! I'll make the old man see reason, just you wait!" he said as he started to throw his arms around Jo.

And stopped, because you know, germs. He chuckled a bit as he withdrew, turned around, fired up his 3D maneuver gear, and rocketed out from the restaurant in glee.

Leaving Jo with the tab, of course.

Enjeru was sly like that.

[Topic Left]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jo was stunned by the sudden wave of emotion that flooded off the young man before him. He knew that Enjeru was awkward due to his fear of germs, but he never thought about how that would affect his social life. As a bookworm, Jo had never really had many friends before the Academy (or after it, for that matter). Jo had no idea how difficult it must’ve been for Enjeru to go through life being rejected for something he was unable to control. Just to be treated like a normal person, with all the kindness and common courtesy that implies, must’ve been an overwhelming experience after a childhood of loneliness. If Jo was anything, he was unconditionally kind to those whom society rejects simply for being who they are.

Enjeru vowed to change his fathers mind, and damned his brush before telling him to come to their home tomorrow for the inevitable showdown, before rushing out the door without giving Jo the opportunity to say anything in reply. He wanted to express his gratitude, to explain that everyone had their quirks and no one should be shunned because of them, but he never got the chance. Jo leaned back in his seat and sighed just as Enjeru’s fries arrived. That’s when he realized… ’That sly dog…’ He thought as the check was placed on the table before him. Jo deposited the money plus a gratuitous tip into the checkbook and began munching on the fries. What? He wasn’t going to let good fries go to waste. When he finished, he felt a satisfied growl in his chest that had nothing to do with the food. Whether it was the cocoa or the beast within that was pumping him full of restless energy, he wasn’t sure. Either way, he was long overdue for a trip to the gym; Jo left then, and walked to the Path.

{Topic Left}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back