Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Diging a bit deeper (Private thread with Minami Rikuto)

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru whistled to himself, arranging some papers from the class that ended mere seconds ago. It went rather smoothly, being a class of younger students, with him this time to make sure there really weren't outliers in Skill Like Hakuren. As much as he liked ambitious students, he didn't feel mixing people of a big skill differential was that good. And for the most part, it was easy to avoid having people who don't need a class sieved out. Though here he had a bit of a different issue, one he did talk with some other teachers. a student who had been having a bit of a harder time catching up.

Some of the teachers had simply chalked it up to another unruly interested child, but talking more painted a bit of a different picture, one which he managed to confirm in the class itself to some extent. Minami Rikuto, joined the academy fairly recently, a young Inuzuka, so he'd assume he'd be more inclined to the physical aspect of the Shinobi craft. Still, he did seem to genuinely try and focus during the class, but as he was told, he did seem quick to fall into frustration if something didn't catch on. Not something he didn't see before. what worried him a bit is that whenever he tried to approach the young boy, he seemed somewhat skittish, perhaps jumpy? Not in the typical "teacher caught me not focusing on class" way, he seemed to be trying... but yet was very easily knocked out of focus.

The class went without any real incident, with him introducing the concept of chakra, spiritual and physical energies and the handseals. He wasn't going to have classes for a while, but he still waited in case the boy would take his invitation. He knew very well a teacher asking a student to stay after class was not something anyone wanted to deal with publicly, so he was a bit more subtle about it. A small piece of paper folded and sneaked under the child's collar, his skilled hands making it so no one would notice...not even the boy, at least until he got up and felt an itch behind his neck. The note was simple, saying "If you have the time, could you please come for a chat back in the class?". Not worded as a command, simply an offer. If he didn't accept, he could try doing it more directly, but he did hope it wouldn't prove to be necessary.

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
It was the end of class, and Riku was relieved to be able to leave. The teacher had taken to walking around the class as he talked, and it had made Riku more nervous than usual. Mister Sunaku didn’t seem like a bad guy, but if Michi had seen it worthwhile to warn him, he was sure there was a reason. He scratched absentmindedly at his neck and was startled when his hand made contact with a piece of paper. He hadn’t a clue how that had managed to get there. He grabbed the small piece of paper, planning to throw it away, but when he gave it a brief glance, he realized there were words written on it.

He knew, was Riku’s first, petrified thought. That was the only reason that Riku could see for the teacher asking for him to stay after class. Surely he couldn’t know, though. Riku had been careful not to tell anyone about Michi, not wanting it to get back to the teacher’s ears. But apparently the teacher had figured it out. He was so sure that it was about Michi. But he doubted he would be able to slip away from class undetected, what with his teacher being a shinobi.

So, resigned to some sort of unknown terrible thing, Riku dragged his feet to the front of the classroom, where the teacher was sorting through papers, whistling as he probably plotted Riku’s doom. A puppy trailed behind him, tense and wary at his partner’s emotions. One of Riku’s hands tangled in Isamu’s fur.

”...Y’asked t’see me?” He asked in a mumble, half-hoping the teacher wouldn’t hear him.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The doom and gloom of Rikuto's imagination would be contrasted with the typical site of Haru being absorbed by his notes, only to have his head raised up in slight surprise after hearing someone speak. A warm smile followed as he saw the boy and his bonded companion dog as he said "I did actually. Apologies for being all sneaky about it but I can guess you wouldn't want you, teacher, approach you in front of all the class. Come in now, and take a seat here" he said standing up and leading him to one of the front student desks where he sits down himself. He wanted to make it clear this wasn't a strict teacher and student conversation, at least not some fully formal talk.

Once they were seated (or if the boy decided to long not to sit down) he would start talking "I know how this feels. Joined the academy so soon and already your teacher is calling you into the office, but don't worry, this isn't you being in trouble or anything like that... Well, at least not from the school. I'm just wondering, are you feeling ok? Joining the academy is a big step, and I can understand if you feel a little bit...Shellshocked. I couldn't help but notice you seemed a little...unfocused during the class?" he asked with a brief pause before carrying on "I can understand if ninjutsu is not your cup of tea, but that partially why I'm here, to help out whenever is needed. And I know it can be a bit awkward to ask in front of everyone, but we're here all alone, and as long as your companion properties, no one will know we talked here" he said with a bit of a joke before saying "so...how are you feeling like a freshly minted student here?" trying to keep his tone light but also conveying a bit of concern for the boy.

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The warm smile that greeted him startled Riku, and he blinked, wide-eyed. He half-expected it to vanish any second, replaced by a scowl, but the warm smile persisted even as the teacher began to talk. He sounded… really nice, actually. He had always sounded nice in class, sure, but Riku had always figured he would be much different in a one on one scenario. He was so welcoming that Riku couldn’t help but listen to him, obediently taking the offered seat. He was even tempted to open his mouth and reassure the teacher that his apology was unneccesary, but he refused to be fooled. While he sure seemed nice so far, it could always be a trick.

Instead, Riku kept quiet, letting the teacher talk, hoping he would slip up, but he retained that genuine look to him as he spoke. The words were positively kind, and Riku found himself letting his guard down. There was an air to the teacher that made him seem easy to talk to. “S’just odd, bein’ withou’ m’parents,” He gave a reason, though not the full reason, and then found himself regretting it. “Uhm, actually… do y’know a Michi?” He blurted out recklessly all of a sudden. After he spoke, his face immediately paled. “N’v’rmind, s’nothing,” He tried to take the words back, but it wasn’t that simple. They had been said, and now it was too late. Abruptly, he stood up, hoping that would be enough for the teacher to dismiss him.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He could see the boy being reserved as he entered and listened to him, acting as if he had to be on guard for something. He tried his best for his demeanor and voice to be calm so that he knew he was in a safe place and shouldn't be worried about anything. though it did seem he was slowly getting the boy to warm up a bit. He spoke up about his parents, prompting the teacher to say "Hm, I can understand that. My parents held me...close to their chest so to say before I was big enough to join the academy. It can be both scary and soothing to be away from them for so long, but its mostly a matter of..."

Before he could say more the Student mentioned someone...a name he was quite familiar with since recently. It seemed to be a spur of a moment thing, with the kid quickly trying to take it back, standing up as if he was shocked by an electric jolt. Harupia for his part stayed calm saying "Whoa, whoa there, calm down. It's ok Like I said, I don't mean o get you in trouble... just sit down, you don't need to worry, trust me" trying to soothe the boy's emotions before continuing "I have met a certain Michi, indeed. Older women, but smaller than myself, with shoulder-length black hair, right? Is she part of your family, or did you meet her before starting to learn here?" his tone curious. This was the an...strange revelation. He couldn't say he had a good read on what the women were up to... But given what he knew of her and her contacts, seeing she was either related or had interest in the young lad was... concerning in a way. Several options came to his mind, some of the most ridiculous ones resonating loudest in his head...but he remained calm, smiling at the boy still thought it was a more subdued expression,. a bit more somber. He didn't want him o leave, but he wouldn't force him to stay.

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
While the man tried to soothe Riku, the boy still looked just about ready to bolt if the wrong thing was said. Still, he sat back down, carefully listening to teacher. As expected, the teacher was aware of who Michi was, though he didn’t seem to have anything bad to say about her like Riku had expected. The lack of negative words more than anything else was what caused him to drop his guard some. “B’fore,” He confirmed after a moment’s pause. “...She wasn’t family, now she is,” He explained as best as he could. Michi was pack, that was all there was to it. “Live with ‘er,” He added. “‘m ‘er a- a- apprentice,” He fumbled over the word a bit, but managed to get it out.

He almost told the teacher what Michi had said about him, but he decided it would be best not to repeat. He didn’t want to upset the man, for all that he seemed plenty calm at the moment, and whether it was true or not, being called ‘passionately aggressive’ probably wasn’t what a person wanted to hear about themselves. So he simply sat quietly, waiting for the teacher’s response. More had slipped out then he had originally been willing to say, but the teacher had been so nice so far, it was simply that much easier to trust him. A wariness lingered, but he no longer looked read to bolt at the slightest misstep.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It did seem the boy was half considering bolting out of the room as he spoke, but it seemed his calm demeanor once again rubbed off on the younger student. Either that or whatever Michi could have said to her was having him fearful of his reaction...or perhaps all the school reaction. What in the hell did she even want with a kid like this? A lot was going through his mind as the boy slowly sat back down. He explains his relation to her...sort of. Explaining how she wasn't family but she was now. Just what he needed, ore red flags waving in his freaking face.

He was patiently waiting for him to finish, seeing he seemed apprehensive about all of this. He needs to be careful since this would be a bit of a sticky territory but he needed to find out more. After a moment he spoke up "You mentioned your parents and it being weird to be around them...did they send you to be under Michi's...tutelage? Do you wish to see them more maybe?" pausing a bit before asking additionally "Does Michi teach you the same things as we do, so you end up bored? Or are you worried about doing well and making her upset?" he provided a bit more, trying to figure out if the women were doing anything...bad to him. Physically there didn't seem to be any signs of abuse of any sorts... Maybe it was a weird approach but his meeting with Michi had left him somewaht...weary of the women. He wasn't sure what she could gain from manipulating a child to her own means... but he wouldn't put it past her if there was something to gain from it.

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
At the mention of his parents, he was startled. The questions were completely unexpected, and he didn’t know how to respond. Slowly he shook his head as he tried to explain. “Didn’t hav’ anyone in Suna,” He still isn’t quite sure what he would have done if Michi hadn’t shown up when she did. “But I hav’ Michi now.” The second question made him more uncertain. “See ‘em?” He asked blankly. “Dunno how.” He shifted awkwardly in the chair. “Da’ left,” He admitted. “I didn’t get t’say bye to ma’.” His shoulders slumped. He had been doing his best not to think about his parents, really, and had used them at first as an easy excuse.

He blinked, baffled. “Upset?” He shook his head. He couldn’t picture Michi upset. “Michi…jus’ teaches. I know some of the stuff, bu’ not all,” He shrugs. “Mostly other stuff, uh, Oracle stuff,” He admits, not really thinking anything about saying such a thing. He didn’t know why the teacher was asking these kind of questions. It was weird. “Uhm, why?” He finally couldn’t help but ask the teacher. He didn’t get where these questions were going. Maybe he had some ulterior motive to asking these questions, something having to do with Michi. He narrowed his eyes at the teacher, frowning. “Michi’s good,” He informed the man firmly. He strongly believed such, and after what she had done for him, there was little that could convince him otherwise.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well...this took a turn. A turn for the wort to be sure. Now this made a bit more sense... much easier to pick out a child of the street when he was an orphan. This was probably something he should know in advance... there should be a registry of the student's families and such...though he wasn't expecting he was going to be talking to a child without parents who were under the care of a certain shifty character.

This had opened him to the consideration of at least one of Michi's motives he had some knowledge of. He knew she had...regrets about her son, at least to some extent. Maybe this was a way of her coping? Why now, why with this child? He could say...but he couldn't discount the possibility. Even if the student himself seemed rather adamant about being treated well by her. It would make sense if she took care of him from the streets. With a bit of a sigh, he said "My apologies for this...but you have to admit, you do seem very...uncertain during lessons like you always worried or stressed, and I just wanted to help you with that. I didn't know about you...situation... I am truly sorry"

He had a brief pause before he said "And I guess I was just...suprsied hearing Michi decided to train you. She's usually more of a lone wolf type, you know? Prefers working alone, but it's nice to see she is trying to help you. I just hope you don't find the school boring after lessons with her" he chuckled a bit, before adding with a smile "Soo, is she telling you about Oracle history or teaching you something else? You want to be one of the Oracles when you grow up?" it was a common thread he had with the boy, even if he couldn't speak about it. He just hoped to ease the pressure from the beginning oft he conversation.

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The teacher was apologizing and Riku blinked, confused. The teacher hadn’t done anything wrong to him, except maybe asking questions about Michi. And the way that he paused over situation confused the boy. He was missing something here, but he didn’t know what. All he had said was that his dad had left him in Sunagakure, and that he hadn’t gotten to say bye to his mom before he left. Which… he had been trying not to think about, actually. He wanted to stop thinking about it now that he had.

Then the teacher brought up Michi, and Riku listened intently. He called Michi a ‘lone wolf’ something that gave the boy pause. Michi wasn’t a real wolf, of course, but… For a moment, he imagined that she was like him and how that would be like. It was just a thought, of course, but it cheered him up some and distracted him. “Michi’s the best,” He confirmed, as the teacher smiled. The next question the man asked had an obvious answer to it. “Uhuh,” He gave a little nod of agreement, to both of the queries. “Gonna be the best Oracle,” He added with a bright smile. Then he shifts somewhat uncertainly, recalling the situation. “S’alright t'go?” He unsurely asked.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He looked at the boy intently, who seemed if anything confused by his apology. He wasn't quite sure how to interpret that, was he unsure how to feel about the apology or his situation with his parents. He started to wonder whether this was the black scenario he had in his mind of him being an orphan, or maybe just his parents dumping him in the academy steps and taking he hands-off approach...or maybe them just being away on a mission for a long time. All of it seemed plausible to some extent, but he didn't feel it would be the best idea to bring that up now. But he'd need to ask around.

If anything at least she seemed to be treating him well...or at least he thought she was. He knew to teach methods and the opinions on them differed greatly between people. He imagined someone would find the training regime he had at his young age quite fulfilling... Still, he didn't has much to go on of him being mistreated other than being a bit unfocused. As he spoke about the oracles he would laugh as he saw him smile saying "mmm, a lofty goal, but I'm glad to see you so ambitious. Youll just need to make sure to pay extra attention in classes now...once you become an oracle you might be the one writing all these books were used for future students like you" he said jokingly. He was half tempted to share a bit more with the boy but he had sworn secrecy. And he assumed Michi didn't feel bound to that as she technically was part of a different order... but that was a different issue. Standing up the teacher would say "Yeah, sorry for keeping you here, but you can go. Just make sure to rest up well and remember, if you have any questions about a class, don't be afraid to ask them ok? Were all here to help you grow" he nodded with a smile to the boy, waiting for him to leave the room, after which he would close the class himself. This was an...interesting talk. One more thing he'd need to pay attention to.

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The teacher laughed as Riku told him his goal, but it didn’t seem to be a bad laugh, so the boy didn’t mind all that much. Riku’s bright smile remained on his face as the man spoke of his goal, calling it ambitious. The teacher reminded him to pay attention in class, and his head ducked, a little bit embarrassed at his previous lack of focus. Now that he knew the teacher really wasn’t so bad, he should be able to do better, he was sure. ...Maybe. His head rose again when the man spoke of him writing his own books. His eyes were wide at the thought. He already had a few journals that he kept notes in, but he wasn’t anywhere close to the books that Michi wrote. That was a new way to think of the lessons, for sure. If he was going to be the best Oracle, he’d have to do better. “I’ll pay ‘ttention!” He promised brightly. He would do whatever he could to achieve his dream.

The small boy gave an agreeable nod as the teacher reminded him that he could always ask questions. “Okie,” He agreed. He headed to the door, puppy at his heels. “G’bye! ‘ave a g’day!” He bade farewell, minding his manners. And then he was gone.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back