Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Discord Legal Rights Opt-Out

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
https://old.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/9p5uyp/latest_tos_update_revokes_your_right_to_sue/

TL;DR - Discord updates their terms and agreements. If you want to be able to sue them later, you need to opt-out of the new deal which is mediation.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Just for details on this whole matter,
Please read the top comments and the comment to the top comment. And if curious on more details on the entire thing, watch the video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/9pj8k3/actual_lawyer_leonard_french_discusses_the/

Important comments:
I think the TL;DW of the video is thus.

It's not totally good, the clauses put into the new Terms of Service should really have been put out to all users and they should have been notified to accept the new terms. The clauses waive your right to a class action lawsuit and an actual jury trial.

HOWEVER, they do include an opt-out clause which is not standard as the announcement on their blog stated. They also agree to pay for any and all expenses for arbitration (where in court you'd have to pay for your own lawyer) so essentially as long as you aren't trying to sue them for something moronic or stupid, they will happily pay for your right to do so.

As the blog stated, the concerns brought up in the video about people outside the US having to bother with this no longer apply as the clause does not apply to people outside the US.

So overall he says
"I like to preserve my rights, but i also like using discord for free. So i'm okay with giving discord the freedom or the stability of knowing that I cannot sue it as a class actor, as a member of a class action, that i cannot go start a class action lawsuit against them if i'm complying with these terms." - 1:03:55

TL;DR

Lawyer guys says it's insanely weird but overall it's not that bad as discord is removing your right to sue in a U.S. Court for U.S citizens only, but will pay all your costs in doing so if it is a legitimate claim.

Also, if your claim is monetary and less than 10k you can do it by phone instead of traveling as well.
Thanks for the TL;DW :)

Sidenote: I did get notified about the ToS change few days ago when i started the Discord client (small text banner on top showed up, and i am located in the EU), but imo such notices should be carried out by email to make sure users who do not start the client in that time get informed as well.

Also for comparison, the Steam ToS contain the same clauses (Arbitration and Class Action Waiver). So yes, this is not something insane and rare that Discord has just come up with. Afaik arbitration clauses are fairly common in the US and larger companies.
I do wanna clarify just how many things have arbitration clauses; because so many people don't read ToS' and don't realize it's very common in gaming and platforms that have any type of store/service.

* Steam
* League of Legends
* Blizzard Products (forums and in-game)
* Uplay (99% sure though their wording is a tiny bit weird in comparison to other very clear 'arbitration agreements' in others.)
* Minecraft
* Microsoft
* Playstation
* Netflix

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back