Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Do you want to build an.... [Tutor]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Back to these school benches... This was something horrible in her own mind of view. Yet a small sigh was left as she stood there for a second. Her clothing was full in ANBU geared, her face was hidden away behind and a mask and you could never guess her real identity. She followed the stories that had been entrusted her, following the joy from it she too wanted to start more for this village and the pledge she had made and already had been made through.
"Alright... Let's see who what and or where..." Her words were muttered and her eyes laid to rest onto the chalkboard... She wrote only ANBU and looked at from a distance... It would be shown this was her first time teaching inside a classroom. "Alright... this looks awkward..." And she tried a different handwriting on the boards, merely 15 years old and this was already all that she had accomplished in her own little lives. A smile got to her and she nodded. 'Yush... that looks better... Now we wait for people to come in."

Tutor for Ryoku.
WC: 182 / 1500
Post 1/5

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Back to the classrooms,” Ryoku thought to himself as he walked towards his next class. This time he would be learning about ANBU, another of the Leaf Branches. He had already learned about the Medical Branch, which was too boring to remember anything about, and the Main Branch, taught by the branch’s Sennin, Yuu Kenshin-sama himself. Needless to say, one had a better impact than the other. Now Ryoku was curious how this class would compare to the others. He didn’t know anything about the branch, besides the fact that they were sort of considered the “black ops” of the village.

Once he had finally reached the door to the classroom, he felt a wave of curiosity and excitement flow through him. He took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself. He reached for the door handle and entered the class.

ANBU

Ryoku looked at these words written in chalk. Then he glanced over and noticed a person fully dressed in what Ryoku assumed was an ANBU uniform. This had to have been the teacher. “Wow..” Ryoku muttered, clenching his fists. “You look awesome Sensei!” he shouted, pumping his fist in front of himself. “My name is Hitsugaya Ryoku! What do I have to do to get an awesome mask like that?!” The intensity of Ryoku’s voice slowly shifting from a shout to a goofy chuckle.

WC: 228

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She had been writing that word down with the chalk and stared towards it.. "Will this really be a good impression..?" Her words were muttered as she started to tilt her head towards the letters written... She had never written before on such a thing and of course, it wouldn't look clean... But it seemed that her student, which walked through the door, wouldn't mind it that much. "Ehh..." She said and tilted her head, he was one energic ball not to meddle with. A hand was formed in front of her face as she held back a small chuckle. "Hm-hmm, that sounds good." She said and would sit down herself on the end of the desk, her feet dangling just a little. "We can make you one, non-official if you wish to do so... Then we can mix that with explaining what we do inside a branch like ours." She added and would move the boy to sit down.

"Nice to meet you, Hitsugaya Ryoku." She hummed a little as she placed her hands on her lap. "My codename is Tinīsutā. I will be the teacher to teach you a thing or two about being an ANBU means... of course we can get you a similar mask too, not an official ANBU one... but a paper one non-the-less..." It made her think about the time she was young.

She would soon shift in her motions a little and a bird screeched from behind the boy. "Lesson one... Always make sure you know your surroundings... Once we are in an unknown area, we always scan the room. This can be done for..." And she stopped a moment as she let her Yokai contract come towards her and land on her lower arm, it showed smaller right now because she didn't use too much chakra to summon a big one. "Searching for unknown hostilities, or rather as how I always say it, curiosity. Now... if you do not mind me asking, what do you know or rather think about the Anbu?"

WC: 340
TWC: 522/1500

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryoku took his spot in his seat as he considered the thought of having his own ANBU mask. It would be a cool one. Probably some cool demon face, or some evil looking dragon spirit, or maybe even something so plain it was scary. Just a white mask with slits for eyes. Or no slits at all and Ryoku just got good at seeing without his eyes. That would be cool. Whatever it would be, it would be unique. Any time an enemy saw it, they would know that they were about to face death. Death by the hands of a super cool, blind ninja dragon dude that-

“Whoa!” Ryoku was startled out of his tangential thought process by the loud screeching sounds of the avian creature behind him. As the creature flew passed him, he was surprised by the fact that he somehow missed the creature’s presence entirely. Was he that distracted by the word “ANBU” written on the board and his instructor’s uniform? Whatever the case, he clearly had a lot to learn before he would be an effective ninja. It didn’t seem like the most subtle of creatures. But then again, it was the familiar of an ANBU shinobi. It was probably trained to not be noticed. Though, it was still “hidden” in plain sight.

On that note, what was this creature? Was this a bird trained in a similar manner to the Inuzuka’s canine companions? Ryoku had never heard or seen any creature similar to this one. It wasn’t time to worry about that, though. His teacher asked him a question.

“To be honest, the only things I know about ANBU are the things my dad told me about it,” Ryoku said, scratching the top of his head and looking to the ceiling. “and he’s never been a ninja so he doesn’t know much either. The only thing he’s ever told me about it was that ANBU handled the ‘behind-the-scenes’ operations and that they are likely to be present for all of the ‘high profile’ missions in some capacity.” Ryoku’s face was serious as he explained this, but it quickly reverted to his typical goofy smile when he said, “But I still don’t know what any of that means,” with a chuckle.

WC: 376/605

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"To be honest, the only things I know about ANBU are the things my dad told me about it, and he’s never been a ninja so he doesn’t know much either. The only thing he’s ever told me about it was that ANBU handled the ‘behind-the-scenes’ operations and that they are likely to be present for all of the ‘high profile’ missions in some capacity.”
Those were the words of this young student. She would nod and think how to answer bits and parts about this. "Well... Your dad isn't wrong at that." She smiled under the mask and would place her hands beside her on the piece of wood. The bird would go towards her shadow and disappear inside of that. "ANBU is short of Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai. Or rather translated towards Special Assassination and Tactical Squad. Inside the ANBU there are a few branches that people can join upon having interest in joining one, they can gain the rank. ANBU in training, which is where you are introduced towards being an ANBU and what it means. You don't get to learn too much of our secrets, but enough to get the taste. To those who wish to join more things will get expanded. To those who wish to evolve better, a test get's made and you will be gaining ANBU, maybe get your own squadron once you are high enough in experience. As this branch doesn't look towards your age, but at your experience. "
She would make a pause for him also to save up all this information gained. She would place down a paper mask and a few brushes and paint. "Why don't we make a mask for you in between?" She would offer, as he wanted to have one and she knew damn well she couldn't give one ANBU one towards him. "Don't get us wrong. The assignments that they make to protect the village from threads include high-risk missions. These go often for your own life and you go into enemy territory, dealing with extremely strong Ninja, tracking them down, surveillance missions, interrogating of them... All this we do to learn more information and these missions are required by special trained ninja. We often are misjudged because of that, as the actions can appear to be changed and corrupted of kindness." She hoped her wordings made a little sense to this young child.

Wc: 400
TWC: 922/1500
Post 3/5

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryoku silently became astonished at the bird’s disappearance into the Anbu instructor’s shadow. He began to wonder what it was even more. Birds were not typically known to vanish into thin air, but he tried his hardest to prevent himself from being too distracted by it and he listened to his teacher’s explanation of what Anbu was and how its ranking system worked.

There was a break in his teacher’s speaking, as if to give him a moment to think about what she said. She seemed to be making sure that she wasn’t going to fast, but she probably didn’t realize that she was going slow enough for Ryoku to absorb every word she said and still think about what that bird creature could have been, if not just a normal bird.

“Special Assassination and Tactical Squad” sounded very cool and fun for an aspiring shinobi like Ryoku. It sounds like they are in the thick of the action, and when he’s strong enough he could even lead his own squadron. But the fact that they are secretive seems like it would go against Ryoku’s personality. He tells his family about every awesome thing that happens in class. He gets so excited about the smallest thing. He could probably practice keeping his mouth shut if it meant being as cool as the Anbu.

but also..

What the heck was that bird. It was owl-like, but it was also demon-like. Maybe it was one of those genjutsu everyone is talking about. An illusion? Maybe it was never there? It felt there. Is that how genjutsu feels? Maybe she can control animals? But then where did it go when she finished controlling it? Ryoku hoped he would get the chance to ask, but he didn’t want to interrupt the class for something unrelated. But it was fascinating to say the least.

She placed some art supplies in front of him to make his mask.

Ryoku began painting as he listened to the rest of the explanation, and if her job was to recruit him to Anbu, she seemed to be doing a really good job of it. She mentioned high-risk for his life, being deep into enemy territory, and facing strong ninja. These were all just the right things to say to Ryoku. These were all things he wanted to experience. It seemed weird to Ryoku that they could be misjudged for treating the bad guys this way though. “Sorry to interrupt, Tinīsutā-sensei, but if they are the bad guys, there’s no reason to feel bad for them, right? They’re bad guys.” Ryoku inquired, still painting mindlessly as he spoke, his focus on his instructor’s words. “Why would anyone expect you to treat them kindly?” He finished his question as he was finishing his painting. It was then that he realized that he had subconsciously painted the face of the owl-like creature that he had been so preoccupied by in his mind.

WC: 490/1095

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She was listening back towards the student that was in front of her, painting the paper mask. She watched as he did so and listened. "Hmm...?" She took a moment to think about it the best way to explain them. "It might be odd... that is true... But it is like having the same effect as a bully.." she would need to degredate this towards a similar thing people often went through. "Bullies... is having power over someone, but kindness is one thing they don't understand it anymore. It can be done on physical and mental. Physical is already a crime, that ain't a bully. But mentally is something that can drag you down. A bully loves to have power into a conversation while destroying another person... For example, if they call you an idiot, tell you your face is ugly and they hate white hair... All you have to reply is. Yeah, sometimes I do stupid stuff or... I know! I don't do much in the mornings to take care of it or... But I like your hair color." She would shift onto one of the desks that were beside the boy. "You can scold a person to oblivion, but that won't count if you stand above it and react positive back." She would mention that and straighten her back. "Same with enemies. They always suspect a hard approach, sometimes a lethal one... But what don't see coming, is a smile." Her voice be a little humming as she said that, something she was specially good in.

"Sometimes... You don't need to fight to win... What I do in the branch... Is just kill them." A harsh truth told right now. A thing on how she worked perhaps. But she didn't forget she was interrogation branch. "So... I just walk towards him with a smile on my face. I walk right towards him. I do this completely normal, like walking towards a shop or a market. That is when people first realize, they are about to be killed..." She said, her voice low almost like a whisper at this point and Kotori stood right behind the young student. She had walked around him, telling this as a story until the moment she stood behind him and would try to poke him with a finger in the back. "That is what we teach them also, not everything is violence... since they always suspect that. As for how I often say... Murder them with kindness, they don't see that coming."
"With what you are lucky, is that you are sitting down, people who are standing don't see this coming, they lose their balance. They always do as they notice they are about to be killed, with often their point of balance shifting towards the back, you start your attack. You pull him down, get quickly behind him, cover up his eyes and make him feel." She soon would notice how she must have sounded for this academy student. "Not that we always need to.." She quickly added, noticing how she got dragged out on explaining such a thing. "However, we have still multiple parts inside the branch, each with a head. This head is called a captain, and inside this branch you all have codenames and own masks, these masks can evolve into the parts where you entered the branch.
So erm... do you have any questions left for me? Since... I think I went overboard with explaining already. You can ask anything, just the question if I answer anything."

Spoken language. and then this is thoughts going by her.
Ooc message: sorry for the many much speeches. this is also MFT
Word counter: 589
Word counter total: 1511

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryoku got an eerie feeling from his teacher in this moment. A cloaked figure, shrouded in mystery, speaking in an almost sing-songy tone that slowly altered into a whisper, walking around him. Her ability to evoke this kind of response. Was this her specialty? Then, the moment she pressed her finger up against his back, a deep chill ran through his entire spine.

Ryoku shivered.

The continuation of the explanation was slightly intimidating to Ryoku. He hadn’t been exposed to this aspect of being a shinobi very much yet. He knew that it was an inevitability, but he still had yet to become accustomed to it. The description by his instructor was so vivid. Like she imagined herself doing it to him in this moment. In fact, it was so vivid that he began to imagine that he were the one doing it. This is where the difference in preference came in. Ryoku knew that he would want to fight his enemies head on and see their power. He didn’t want them dead before he knew what they could do. This was going to become a tougher decision than he had realized.

“do you have any questions left for me?”

Ryoku smiled. He always had questions. The real question was if he could pick the most important ones out so that he didn’t ask too many. The answer to this one was no, more often than not. He subconsciously took a deep breath before beginning. “How many parts to the branch are there? What are they? Who are the captains? How strong are they? Who’s the strongest? Who gives the names? Do they mean anything? Do the masks mean anything? What do you mean when you say they can evolve into the parts where you entered the branch? How secretive is your life? Do your family know you’re Anbu? Does anyone outside of Anbu recognize you by your mask and codename?”

His breath ran out just as the biggest question that’s been ringing in his head returned. He took a very brief second to regain his breath and he asked “And what was that bird creature? Is that an Anbu technique?”

WC: 361/1456

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Many questions came from the boy's mouth as she made a movement as if she were to be chuckling. So many of the questions were fired towards her and she slowly did tilt her head a little and look towards the boy.
"Alright alright, calm down, let me try to answer them just don't get putty when I cannot. " she could take a look at the mask he was making till she was going to answer his questions.
"Inside the anbu are 3 parts. Each part resembles a crucial role inside the branch. Assassin, interrogation, and Diplomatic. I haven't met the other captains yet, but I can say they are strong for obtaining such a rank at times like these, and obviously, the sennin of the branch would be the one wisest of us all, and sometimes being wise is being stronger. The masks they do resemble things what they mean, your rank inside the branch. Once you hit Genin, we can spot people or people that wish to join this branch, can try to seek out such captains and they will provide you further inside the branch as a trainee, an ANBU in training rather said. You have to know, that you are having a double life and such life can be hard. You have to make sure that you keep your information gained inside the job, stays inside the job. The fewer people that know about you outside your line of work... the better it is and if people turn to know, your life can be easier on the line. So on that aspect, you start to trust them with your life. Yet people equal of your rank can know. So that is that..."
After she had explained it she watched the boy gaining curiosity by the fact that she had that bird earlier. "Hmm..? Oh, that bird..." She said and reached for her shadow and the bird could blimb her arm. "This is my Yokai contract, this contract is formed with the Lord of them. If you are lucky in your adventures you can even get this one... There are many, many forms of Contracts out there. I have seen people with Kami, angel like creatures, with Yokai's, so demons. But also small dogs, canine. She snickered softly and placed her hands on her lap. "I hope this explained a bit about anbu... and if you wish to enter anbu... Just leave a trail, we will also be able to find you." She would tilt her head a little and smile.

WC: 424
TWC: +1500
Topic: 5/5

requesting rewards, just make sure you hit the 1500 word counter.

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Anbu definitely seemed interesting. Ryoku would have to think on what path he wanted to take as a ninja, but he knew the decision wouldn’t take long to make. The interesting part was when his teacher pulled the bird back from her shadow.

“Contract”

That was something he was going to want to learn about in the future. He thought Yokai and Kami were beings of myth, but the fact that they were real was definitely interesting.

It appeared the class was over. “Thanks for the lesson Tinīsutā-sensei!” He said, standing up and bowing to his instructor. “I hope we cross paths again when I’m stronger.” He said giving a smile. He then turned and left the class.

[Topic Left]

WC: 118/1574

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back