Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Due Respect [Contract Search]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
The entity known as Tetsushi ventured deep within the massive desert expanse, garbed in a billowing hooded cloak along with his usual attire of a plain white t-shirt and blue jeans. The hot wind howled ominously as it whipped up bits of sand into a violent frenzy under the torturous sun, forcing the boy to shield his already sunburned skin with the cloak.

Within the confines of his skull, Father Soma's persona had complete dominion over the boy's body as opposed to Damashi's; after all, Damashi was both oblivious to just why Father Soma bothered with all of his machinations and ignorant of the wretchedly arid vistas of Kaze no Kuni.

"I would ask what you have in mind," Damashi silently stated, "but I'll just assume it has something to do with gaining the Kazekage's favor."

"In a way, yes," Father Soma replied within the other's mind. "You are aware that there is a war going right now, correct?"

"You mean the one between the Daimyo's Sovereign Army and Sunagakure, don't you?"

A sense of amusement overcame Damashi's thoughts.

"How very astute of you!" the cultist mocked the kumogakure shinobi before causing Tetsushi's corpse to stop and kneel in the middle of an isolated patch of land--the eye of the desert storm they had just braved. Despite Damashi's unfamiliarity with the supernatural, even he could faintly sense the dark energies emanating from deep beneath them.

"And here," his head looked down towards the sun-scorched earth, "is where everything began long ago."

"Oh almighty Ancients," Tetsushi began to whisper at the behest of Father Soma, "Please forgive our transgressions against you and your brethren; we simply do not wish for your immense power to be wasted on a fool such as the Daimyo."

Tetsushi then drew a kunai and slashed open his left hand, letting several drops of blood fall down and into the cracks of the earth.

"Accept this offering as a token of our faith."

As he spoke those final words, however, the ground started to tremble just ever so slightly.

"What did you do!?" Damashi demanded as he regained control of Tetsushi's body and wrapped the boy's hand with a strip torn from his shirt.

"I haven't done anything yet!" Father Soma lashed out mentally as he relinquished some of his hold over Damashi's mind. "It must be an earthquake. . . . "

Now it was Damashi's turn to be amused as the boy rushed through the desert expanse towards Sunagakure.

"I see; is that why you're weakening your hold on me?" he taunted the cultist, stumbling on the flat earth as the tremors worsened.

"Contrary to what you may believe, I'm not an idiot. I'd like to keep my own mind and body to some effect."

Damashi scoffed at the power-hungry cultist's cowardice as Tetsushi continued blindly across the sands towards some sort of safe haven; despite all of Soma's contingencies, Damashi knew quite well the Makaibatsu cult leader couldn't achieve his goals without taking calculated risks.

WC: 502
Using Discovery of Random Contract Card

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The earth would rumble at the precense of blood. The ever shifting sands would begin to dance around as solid earth below would become every changing. As the boy would begin to head back to Sunagakure large cracks in the ground would release pent up steam as if there was a new expanse of heating hitting a resting body of water. Something below the scorching sands was hotter than surface, which was highly unusual. The steam would emit a loud hissing sound as it seeped through the cracks within the earth. With much haste the splitting of the sands would gain speed and begin to coil around the running child, releasing the intense moisture which would scald skin upon contact. Encircling and trapping the cracks would begin to condense down causing the roamable space to become drastically smaller, that was until something unusual happened.

From the cracks came a soothing voice that had a sinister draw. "What'ssss the rush child?"<i></i> A slender body would come from the coiled cracks in the earth as a seemingly oversized cobra bared its face to the unexpecting soul. Stretching about thirty feet long the snake's body was only rivaled by the width of the flared ribs which caused its hood to rest at about ten feet across. "What is a poor defenssselesssss boy doing out here all on their own? Didn't your mommy and daddy teach you better than to call upon thingssss in which you know not of?"<i></i> As she spoke the cobra would slowly eye the child up and down as her body shifted in the sands pushing her around and around him, keeping her head up at about 8 feet off the ground. Just like the coils of broken sand the snake too came slightly closer with every movement, leaving behind her a spiraling trail on the ground.

"If I didn't know any better I would think that you were sssuch an innocent child, but I feel as if that is a facccade, just drifting through the mind of the incompetent."<i></i> A chuckle slipped from her scaly lips as her tongue flicked a few times.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
"Run faster you Sentama bastard!" Soma chastised Damashi, quickly growing on his nerves as small spurts of 'encouraging' pain shot through him. "Go there, no there, no--just escape!"

Then the magnificent snake erupted from the ground and started to coil itself around Tetsushi's body as the latter stared in fearless awe. As he listened to her observational taunting, Damashi couldn't help but chuckle despite Soma prodding him to flee.

"How very astute of you on all accounts," Damashi addressed the giant cobra as calmly as one could considering that she was closing in all around him. "Allow me to provide a formal introduction; I am known as Oshiro Tetushi of Sunagakure, but in truth I am Takayama Damashi of Kumogakure. I'm sure that means little to you and your kin though"</COLOR><i></i> he spun around matching the pace, becoming more annoyed with each rotation. <COLOR color="#330033">"Also, I hate to impose, but would you please stop coiling around me? Regardless of what fate awaits me, I would prefer to have this conversation face to face."

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: Short post, transitions are always so meh))

Laughter slipped from her lips as the brave child dared to speak against her. Lowering her head every so slightly to resemble a bow she would speak to the boy. "How pressssumptuouss of you ssmall man-child. You sssspeak as though you know who I am, or at the leassst what I am. If you believe yourssself sso wisse beyond your yearsss, do indulge me. Perhapsss you could formally introducce me far better than I."<i></i> Soft laughter continue from her purple mouth as the brilliant red tongue of her would slip in out as she spoke. As she spoke she would also cease her orbit of the boy as he so wished, even though he made it seem as if she was going to eat him. Sure that was very much a possibility, but that wasn't on her mind as of this moment. Humans fascinated her and she loved to toy with her treats before consuming them. After all it wasn't every day someone would pour their blood in the lands in which she was traveling. The sweet scent of freshly dripping blood made her instincts go into a slight frenzy,but for now she wanted to know what this boy knew, or at least what he thought he knew.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
"I meant no disrespect to you," Damashi replied with a bow at the waist. "It was, as you said, presumptuous of me to assume who or what you are, and I apologize for that transgression." He folded his arms and scratched his chin as he scanned the majestic creature before him; even if she had been a ordinary snake, her beauty would have still been hypnotizing; a trait that could prove disastrous if he wasn't vigilant. "Based on my observations however, I don't believe I wouldn't be incorrect if I said you are someone of immense power, most likely of supernatural origin as I have yet to meet any being--human, snake, or otherwise--with such exotic qualities."

As he spoke, he mentally reviewed a sprawling flowchart of potential contingencies should he incur the cobra's wrath. Not that he wished this encounter would come to that or even that the encounter occurred in the first place, but he had to think of the opportunities that were available to him in the moment. Only one thing was unclear to him; whether the snake had to be vanquished, or whether she could somehow be convinced to join him as an ally.

Of course, considering her numerous advantages over him, Damashi was sure that she was in a better position to decide his fate than he was to decide hers. "I admit my knowledge of such things are quite limited," he continued as he relaxed his posture, "so forgive me for not being able to recite your legend by heart. Perhaps I could be of entertainment in some other form?"

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Though disssresssspect may not have been intended it doessn't prevent it from being dealt, now doessss it? As man sssayssss you should never asssssssume, lessss you end up with your foot in your mouth..."<i></i> The body of the snake would shift as the hood would thin, causing her face to lower to the same level of the boy's. "Your obssservationssss are half correct, child. I do have ssuch immensssse powerssss that would make men of your village weak in the kneessss and cry in fright, but I am jussst as much of this world asss you. I am born and bred of this domain with no unnatural powersssss involved. It iss rather pretentious to assssssume that only you hairlesssss apess are capable of sssspeech and advancsssed civilization..."<i></i> A smile slipped on her face as her tongue flicked in the air as her face slowly approached the boy's. Now just a foot or so away from the boy she would continue in a deeper voice.

"Oh child, you shall entertain me. You will be playing a game for my own amusssement, and if you lossse... you lossssse everything."<i></i> A sinister chuckle came from her mouth as it became prevalent that her jaw bones were adjusting as if preparing to expand to swallow the boy whole. "Ssso ssssmall child... What is greater your than god, more evil than the devil himself, the one thing wealthy needsss, yet the impoverished have it, and if it is ssssomething you eat you will die."<i></i> The smile of the serpent became sinister.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Tetsushi massaged the bridge of his nose and sighed, irritated by the cobra's immunity to flattery. "I suppose I should forgo attempting to compliment you from now on," he remarked as his aura started to flare up. "I do not wish to incur your wrath, but that seems inevitable at this point." He looked into the snake's eyes as she lowered her head and unhinged its jaw before threatening--more so promising--that his very life depended on solving a riddle.

"Semantics aside," he addressed her peculiar usage of 'your god' and 'the devil', wondering if the answer was less obvious than he initially thought. "The answer is nothing"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back