Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Eets an Boat! For Realz! [Free Topic/Open]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
What was the use of flight in a cave?

Not much, one would imagine, but when you lived in a cave for more than two years one gets to thinking of how the sky used to look and what it would be like to return to the upper world. To feel actual wind on your face instead of artificial would be something worth experiencing again in Tama’s opinion. Only problem was that the air of the outside world in the Wind Country was extremely dangerous as it had the ability to rip apart literally anything that didn’t know the hidden paths to get to Suna. Because of this the trade to Suna was strictly based down to a single village by the sea and that was doing good for now, but if the sandy people of the Wind Country wanted any recognition they were going to have to step up their game.
One such shinobi scientist had already been at long hard work on this conundrum, having invented a number of ideas that would come in handy. An underground railroad system and a massive flying ship that could withstand the beating that the sky gave any creature that dared enter it’s domain. While the train sounded like the more solid of the two ideas, Tama was never one to back down from a challenge to his mind.
It was a double-whammy, being able to travel about the –Wind- Country and rule the skies, but it was next to impossible without the proper research and materials which was going to be hell to collect. Already Tama had used up a good sum of his recent fortunes in bounty hunting to rent out a large warehouse near the back of Suna in the Grand Palais and the guard needed to protect what he was building inside. After three months of design, trial, and error the scientist had finally managed to build the frame from his massive ship inside of the warehouse by himself thought it was on hell of a drain. Now as he looked on at the skeleton of his massive sky boat he began to realize that he wasn’t going to be able to do this by himself. Even if he spent every waking moment for the next year working he’d only get about a fourth of it finished. Help was going to have to come in on his precious project no matter how much he hated that idea.

So now here he was at the bulletin board located in the center of the market. On it was all kinds of tags and old papers that had been hanging around since he had come to Suna. Where were the people who came to clean this thing?
Placing his hands into seal formation he rotated through four easy seals and focused chakra into his lungs. Taking a slow deep breath the chakra clung onto the oxygen inside and replicated it making Tama’s chest stick out comically before he exhaled. The air was released like a bullet from a trigger and the strong gust of wind not only knocked every last single paper left on there up and out into the air but stirred up a little dust storm as well. Admits the chaos looking like this was all part of everyday life was the scientist slowly tacking a large white poster onto the board. When the storm finally died down the eccentric inventor was gone and in place was the picture of a large sea vessel riding the skies.

PEOPLE OF SUNAGAKURE

Have you ever thought of someday escaping this dreadful cave and exploring the great reaches of the world above? Have you ever just wanted to do a bunch of menial labor for no reason what so ever?
Then come down to the address listed below so we together can create something grand for the rest of the world to be jealous of!

(Yes you will be making a flying boat. Details are at the location.)​

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward was returning from a visit with his parents. It was due time for said visit, considering that both his parents were making the transition into retired life. Granted both his father and mother still attended several meetings involving certain things. The Takahashi household was still in a stage of down heartedness considering the fact that Okibi had not returned from her surface visit. The Steward himself was most downtrodden as he saw himself as a sort of failure in making sure his ward was constantly in his view, one way or another. Still though the Steward took heart that Number Seven was with Okibi. The two were inseparable, and would protect each other.

Some day Okibi would return.

Upon the Steward's travel back to the tower he found a poster. It was a most curious poster. The Steward folded his hands behind his back and inspected the image. Flight. A flying fortress of sorts. The poster read boat, but Sousuke thought of it as a fortress really. A most ambitious project. The fortress was flying due to propellers on top which sustained flight. A most curious image. The Steward read the text. Labour for no reason? Wasn't that called a hobby? The Steward stroked his chin and he toyed with the flying fortress ... boat ... thing in his mind. It was a curious invention. He of course was most curious about the scale of the entire thing. Given the image, and the buildings beneath it... this was to be a very large flying item. Though would six propellers be enough to sustain the flight? Possibly not. Maybe eight would do it. Though six could do it pending the power of it all. The Steward again stroked his chin. "What a daring project... and a most fascinating one at that."<i></i> Sousuke spoke to himself as he admired the project more and more.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The scientist who had just finished admiring his poster turned his head to see his freaking hero standing there.

You couldn’t make Tama’s day better.
Instantly the young man who looked to be around the Steward’s age lit up as he turned to face the man and grab his hand to shake it before their leader could get a second to say otherwise. Needless to say he was delighted to meet one of the greatest minds in Suna for the second time in his life. Now that it was on a more personal level, the scientist couldn’t help but fan-boy a little.
Takahashi Sousuke! It is an absolute honor to meet you again sir. I was in one of your academy classes awhile back, the kid who kept out mathing you.” Tama decided to let it sink in that somehow that boy had grown to the Steward’s age in such a short time before continuing on, “I see you are admiring my next big project! Yeah I plan to make a vessel that can ‘sail the sandy ocean’ so we can explore the outside world of our own country. Basically you’re looking at a ten man vessel that can carry at least twenty extras. I’m planning on making the interior with special wood ordered in from the Fire Country and reinforce the frame with red steel. The shell will probably be adamantium if I can get my hands on enough since it’s the only thing I can imagine can withstand the fury outside.

Tama raised a hand up to his chin to rub it thoughtfully for a second after breaking hand contact with the Steward. He was looking at the model he had created on the poster and realized that the number of propellers wasn’t going to be enough to lift it…just as well they would probably get jammed up once enough sand got in them. He was going to have to build an alternate way to move or a device that would sift the sand out of the blades…

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward's eyes traced about Tama's features. He changed... and quite a bit. Something was not right in this thing you called the grand chorno theorum. Time had either completely forgotten about Sousuke, and simply remembered Tama, or time had simply accelerated for Tama and things were progressing as per the usual for Sousuke. The Steward shook Tama's hand. "Yes. Yes. . Good to see you again. I trust the mission I sent you on wasn't too much trouble. I remember our first engagement quite well you were using equations to come to different answers I would not have usually considered... and it was most unfortunate you had to leave due to Okibi..."<i></i> There was a pause. Sousuke's mind was still trying to wrap itself around the concept of Tama's age. "You were shorter back then too... hrmm..."<i></i> The Steward's face for this entire time stayed neutral. His eyes shifted from Tama back to the poster.

"The vessel can carry thirty people? Or are you considering that of the twenty, ten are operating it?"<i></i> The first of many questions would come. The second would come seconds after. "Fire country? You're importing wood from fire country? Is it crimson oak or the sacred ashe?"<i></i> The third question would then come in some time. "Adamantium is tricky to get, but had you considered Frigid Grade A Titanium? Not as difficult to smelt of course, and more cost effective to get than Adamantium. There is a slight trade off as Frigid Grade A Titanium is susceptible to Black Flames... but we are talking about Black Flames. Nearly everything gets melted by that."<i></i> The Steward thought about what he said of course. "You would of course need someone to smelt both ore and then properly have the moulds and structures put together. There are few people in the world trained to smelt and mould properly... and it is very difficult but I can quite comfortably say I can do both. My preference though is Adamantium, but it's ... hard to get."<i></i>

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Questions! Scientists loved questions.

Ignoring the questionable guesses the man was making about how Tama had aged so fast, the scientist happily answered what he figured were the important questions,
Yes, imported from their western border so its crimson oak. The sacred ash would have been better in my opinion, but it was closer to the Metropolis and required an extra permit with the Fire Country I didn’t have.
Frigid Grade A hmm? It’s a bit more weighty than I’d like, though you have a point about it being easier to get a hold of though. I’ll have to recalibrate the weight into the propulsion system and figure out another way to lift it…

Tama mused it over for a second as he stared at the drawn image he had posted up of his invention. An idea struck him in a matter of seconds, causing him to reach up and tear a large portion of the sign off. He reached into a pouch in his vest he pulled from it a rectangular box that housed a calligraphy pen set he often used for sealing jutsu. Popping it open with the thumb of his left hand he placed the paper on the ground and pulled from the box a pre-inked pen that didn’t require him to set up the rest of the ink for the fancy stuff.
Clicking the little button on the top the scientist quickly kneeled down to the paper and went about drawing up a new scale model of his ship right there, or at least the lower half of it emphasizing on the hull. When the image was finished he dusted it off and brought it back up for Sousoke to look at.
We could create a device that used chakra crystals of the gravity nature to help keep the ship pushed off the ground while the propellers maneuvered it.
He drew a large circle under the ship and worked in a little math to show how much power they were going to need to push the ship off the ground given what he knew about its current estimate weight and then a second line with a guesstimated weight from the titanium.
Might be a little difficult to create another propulsion system on top of the rotary blades on top though…hmm…

Koji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koji made his ways through the underground caves he calls home. He was moving at a fairly quick pace as his mother had sent him off on a mission. Quite an important one at that. The boy was to retrieve an important package that was sent to meant for his mother. Okay... he was just picking up a bag of rice, but until he started any classes in the academy this was the closest to a mission he would get. The boy picked up speed and a smirk grew onto his face, ducking and dodging the civilians around him. Koji glanced up and noticed the shop where he was to go. As he attempted to slow his pace the boy's feet stuttered underneath him. His feet stopped but his torso flew forward into the ground in front of him.

"Ugh..." Koji grunted as he pushed himself up off the ground. He was still getting used to walking and running, he had after all spent the beginning years of his life in a wheelchair.

"You alright there?" The shop owner asked as she stood over Koji with a large bag of rice in hand. The child rose up and dusted off his clothes. 'Yeah I'm fine. Just... tripped." Koji replied as he scratched his head in embarrassment. "Well slow down next time, I don't want your scrapes and bruises blamed on me." The woman transferred the bag into Koji's arms. He grunted when she handed it off, it was a bit heavier than expected. "Now head home. Tell you're mother I said hello." Koji bowed before the owner and almost lost his balance with the weight of the bag. "Yes Ma'am, thank you."

With that Koji turned around and headed back for his home. As he departed the storefront he noticed a papers flying from nowhere from out the corner of his eye. As Koji glanced over he noticed 2 men near a poster. The paper showed a ship of some sort? What sort of ships are being advertised in Suna? The boy pondered. As he struggled with the bag of rice, thinking it may of been better to go home now and avoid lugging this thing around any long, his curiosity got to him and he decided to investigate what exactly this poster was about.

Koji approached the two men who seemed to know each other. He moved in slowly not addressing either, Koji was often nervous around people he didn't know. Placing the rice bag down with a thud Koji blushed with embarrassment, I hope I don't look weak. He looked up to the poster, avoid the eyes of the two next to him, and read the poster in full.

This was no ship. Er, well, it was. But this was a FLYING ship. Someone's going to MAKE this?</I><i></i> Koji couldn't even comprehend how this was possible. Hell the idea of even stepping foot in the country above was a mind blowing thought much less than flying through the clouds above it. As the boy pondered this crazy idea before him he couldn't help but easedrop into the conversation the two were having next to him.

“Takahashi Sousuke! It is an absolute honor to meet you again sir. I was in one of your academy classes awhile back, the kid who kept out mathing you.”<i></i>

Nothing odd registered at first but after several moments the dots connected in his brain. Was this really THE Takahashi Sousuke? The Steward for Sunagakure? Koji had heard of a time when there was the Kazekage, immediately his brain put Sousuke into this position. His eyes widened at the man, a starstuck look on his face. As the two started talking about the ship and specifics behind it Koji started to get lost. As they continued their conversation on woods and minerals Koji had never heard of the child started trying to think of questions to ask these two. <I>Here's The Steward and a ninja that he has trained in a class! Come on Koji these two know their stuff, now is the time to talk! The thought ran through his mind hundreds of times as he thought of something to say, but his shyness kicked in full throttle. The boy got red and simply returned to looking at the poster, looking back to the two every so often and giving a shy though welcoming smile should they glance his direction.

[Marked For Training]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward looked over the new image produced by Tama. "Chakra crystals? A fine alternative. The only problem is the sheer size. I would have expected the image to be something like this..."<i></i> Sousuke removed from his pocket a note pad and pen. He drew a chakra crystal and then proceeded to draw metallic structures around it. No metal structure would be above or below the top and bottom points of the crystal. The crystal was larger, but the Steward placed various lines in the crystal demonstrating that the crystal could be made up of many crystals. "A crude sketch but you get the direction of where I would go with this. The propellers would go on the sides then to push the vessel forward."<i></i> The Steward realized that docking such a thing may be difficult. "You'd have to create a unique docking base for such a design of course... since it theoretically would be levitating at all times."<i></i>

The Steward looked over Tama's picture again. "Well it would be difficult pending the size of the rotary blades. You could employ multiple smaller ones. You'd have equal power due to it just being multiples in place of just a few larger blades."<i></i> He offered. He looked at the estimate for the weight of the titanium. "Hrmm... you've guessed the titanium to weigh that much. A bit high... but it's better to over compensate for such a weight. You're off by 1.073. It's fine of course, but you can reconsider it and ... toy around with your unexpected gains."<i></i>

By this time another joined the two at the poster. The Steward's eyes shifted to the new comer. A young boy of the age of ten. The Steward's mind swapped back to the concept of time shifting faster for Tama, while time for himself had remained still. The Steward's mind raced about the many names he knew, noble houses, features of said noble houses. Eventually a name came to the Steward's mind. A first name, but not a surname. "Good afternoon Koji."<i></i> The Steward's greeting came. The Steward closed his eyes. He was still searching for a name, and soon enough he opened his eyes. "Forgive me. I seem to have forgotten the name of the house from which you reside, and in accordance its sigil... speaking of which Tama your family still bears for its sigil the Black Dragon? With a pair of crossed swords? Or was it a single sword?"<i></i>

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Amazing how that man knew so many names. Hell Tama did good to keep up with his own.

The scientist was a bit distracted, unlike the Steward, on configuring in new mathematical engineering to fit in Sousuke’s theory on the chakra crystal engines. Tama slapped the piece of paper up on the board and held it up with his wrist as his bi-colored eyes focused hard on the pen working in the crystals onto the sides of the ship. To fix the docking problem the entire hull would have retractable claws that could hook on to a metal rail that would keep the ship in one place; for activating a chakra crystal of that magnitude made it near impossible to turn off.
Then the Ryuu began to add in the smaller propellers with some thought thinking it might just be easier to keep the larger ones and use smaller ones on the back near the propeller to allow turning to be sharper as well as a lever that could move the large crystals at an angle to increase their speed.

One sword, Tama said distractedly, It was supposed to represent our clan as guardians of the Sheeva Edge, an apocalyptic weapon, but a lot of good we did…the blade once again runs amok on the surface and I’m stuck in a cave as the last of my people.” He muttered something about hate being cooped up in a cave before sniffing a little and rubbing the pen under his nose all nonchalant as he continued to work in more algebra into the new variables the genius beside him was providing.

The scientist wasn’t exactly the best person to be introducing to children as he never had any time or patience to share his mind with any but adults in the scientific field. It was hard to hold the man’s interests any other way unless you just had something that uniquely impressive about you; then it was all about an experiment to understand that uniqueness.
Being stuck in a lab for months on end trying to solve the problem to a serious aging issue really struck a blow to one’s social life. In all reality Ryuu Tama was only about sixteen years on but he was stuck inside a shell that was almost x1.5 that age.. His already hyper intelligent mind was forced to grow with his body and it near ruined him at first, but with the help of his vast knowledge of jutsu and learning a few life lessons the hard way he was slowly getting used to his age. Having skipped over puberty all together was coming back to haunt him in strange ways but so far he was able to ignore that by working on projects.
This “airship” was only one of the many inventions he had. One of them was even being steadily used inside of him in the form of an artificial chakra coil, though that project had been one that held his life on the edge of Death’s knife rather than a distraction like this one. He wasn’t even intending to really get it off the ground so much as he was looking for a way to simply navigate the upper Wind Country so that they reclaim some of their lost history.
Odd that a foreigner would put so much of his time into a village he wasn’t even born in.

Sousuke," Tama said when he finished and handed the paper back to the Steward to inspect. His eyes looked down at the new kid wondering who would emerge out of this new generation of students as the top dog. Tama never paid any attention to it when he was in school, as he was too busy with his ridiculous amounts of research, but now that he was on the outside looking in he thought it mildly amusing. The Students held so much potential at that age to turn into something really incredible, and the scientist found it somewhat sad that he never got really have a childhood to discover his own personality. He kind of had one now since he met Kitanai and all the chaos that followed her and the Steward but in all truths he was just about as unsure of himself around new people as Koji was.

Koji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koji was lost in his own thoughts, caught between whether he should just leave and head or maybe look back at the board.

"Good afternoon Koji."</I><i></i>

A shock went down Koji's spine. He straightened up, a look of great surprise on his face. <I>He knows my name!? This guy really is incredible! Koji bent forward into a bow before the Steward. Looking at the ground Koji blushed. "It's a pleasure to meet you Takahashi Sousuke! Er! I mean, sir-- I mean, good afternoon to you too." The boy shook his head. Stupid, stupid, stupid! As he rose Koji listened to the Steward ask about his sigil. It's a good thing the other man answered the Stewards other question first because Koji was still flustered from even being addressed. After Tama informed them of his seal Koji answered Sousuke with his.

"My family name is Sato. Our sigil is of a gold lion. And it is standing on it's back legs. And theres a... um... oh yeah, a shield behind it." Koji said this proudly and nervously at the same time, he had never truly talked about his family's sigil. It felt magestic and fierce when speaking it aloud, if only he could ACT more like how he felt.

Koji noticed the man next to Sousuke distracted for a bit, thinking and solving something in his mind it appeared. The boy had stumbled upon two very talented men in the village. When Tama had finished his solving and handed back the paper to Sousuke, Koji turned his direction. He noticed Tama look down at him. Koji took a deep breath to avoid blushing. Be respectful, he is your elder. You need to introduce yourself. Koji bowed to Tama this time. "It's nice to meet you as well Mr... Tama I believe he said." Koji took one more deep breath and rose up, looking Tama in the eyes. "My name is Sato Koji." The boy smiled a friendly smile, hoping he didn't seem like too much of an obnoxious child. "This idea of yours sounds really... great." Koji laughed and scratched his head. "I mean flying over the country... I can't even imagine stepping foot on the land. You really are trying something incredible." Koji had to voice his idea of the ship, he really loved the idea, though he still didn't quite get it.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward nodded his head. "Ah right one sword. I recall reading something about that sword from the work of Sage Khan. He heard only whispers and he himself did not like to go about writing his works based on rumor."<i></i> Sousuke listened closely to the rabble about how he despised about being locked up underground. "Some day the Sunahoshi will return and we will be able to reside on the surface. Perhaps someday I will aid you in recovering this Sheeva's Edge... pending your approval."<i></i> The Steward offered. Sousuke was one to aid the common man. What good was a leader, if he could not help others? Would a Sunahoshi have done the same for Tama? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Koji spoke of his clan and his family sigil. "Yes. That shield is rather important ... as it helps to distinguish you from those of House Kal who have the Lion wielding a sword in the mouth. They're prone to ... fighting alot of people... over some questionable matters."<i></i> The Steward clarified. "And... you don't need to call me sir... I'm not your elder by that much... in the sense that I am not two decades older than you. Sousuke will do."<i></i> The Steward spoke coldly as he usually did. The Steward's inability to speak other than monotone was very much a hindrance as his monotone voice often came off as ... something that the Steward did not wish to see him as being an overly formal man. Yes he was one for traditions, but he was one for some forms of change.

By this time he was handed the sheet by Tama with some new figures on it. "You know the claw mechanism would have to be made of a metal three grades less than Frigid Titanium or Adamantium? If you use the same material ... well you know what exactly would happen and how much damage the claw could do if it was handled carelessly. I see you've taken into mind the fact that the crystal may need to turn on an angle and position itself in accordance. What degree would you think is the maximum without having to add a shift-structure to compensate?"<i></i>

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sousuke if you helped me in returning the Sheeva Edge to my people then I would forever be blood bound into your debt.

It wasn’t really an answer to the kage’s question of rather or not Tama would be willing to accept his help, and honestly that’s as far as he was willing to take the conversation regarding that sword; the subject of it and his father was still very touchy for him.
The kid finally decided to introduce, or try, to Tama giving him a full name as if he was his superior elder or something. Yes Tama was smarter but against just about everyone except Sousuke and Bruinetto and he’d say he was at least on equal terms with those two.
Ryuu Tama, yes. Inventor and some would say mad scientist extraordinaire. Normally you’d catch me working on chakra’s effects in the medical field but I seem to find myself distracted on this invention…” But really only because the Steward was interested. In all honesty if he hadn’t have come up to look at the poster the scientist would have scrapped the idea by the end of the day and went back to work on his normal projects.
Oh yes I’m aware. It’s already added into the calculations…right…” Tama pointed to a part of an algebraic equation, “here. See if you add anymore then the entire equation becomes unbalanced. Besides that there is the common sense that too much weight on the bottom would drag it down and the claws could get stuck forcing us to break them – much easier to do on any other metal but this one.
And I’m going to say thirty-five degrees max out of theory. Anymore and we’d have to add more propellers to help balance out the thrust to keep us from flipping.

Koji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koji listened as The Stewad chimed in on the childs clan. Sousuke informed him exactly why his family sigil bore a shield in the back. He listened and smiled to The Steward taking in the info. I can only hope to know so much information when I'm older.

The other man had returned Koji's introduction with one of his own. A full name, Ryuu Tama. He had described himself as a mad scientist, explaining that normally he'd be working with chakra and medicine. The boy released a smile and chuckle, but in no way out of disrespect. He was giddy with excitement. He had met The Steward and then a mad genius ninja scientist! In one day This trip for rice really turned out to benefit Koji.

The two resumed their conversation of the ship. Once again Koji was lost. He really did try his best to comprehend what the two were saying but with each word they spoke the child's understanding grew worse and worse.

As Tama spoke the last words of his sentence Koji gave a smile to both the men. He bowed respectively to both. "It was so nice to meet you both. I'd better be off with this rice for my mother." The boy rose with cheeks red from blushing. "Good luck with your ship Tama. Let me know if you need someone to give it a test ride." Koji gave a chuckle and turned to face the bag of rice he needed to bring home. Sweat dripped from his forehead. I've never flown before! If he picks me I might have a heart attack! Koji laughed off his worries and reached down to lift the bag of rice. At first the boy struggled but after another attempt he was on his way home, swaying slightly left and right with the weight of the bag.

He smiled as he thought of the great opportunity he just had. Hopefully he met the two later life, maybe when he better understood how to build an airship.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Madness and brilliance oftentimes coincide... or so I'm told. I wonder why people oftentimes say that. Number Seven oftentimes spoke of me being like his creator except I have a stronger moral code ... and I don't have the inclination to the morally insane. Curious in the extreme."<i></i> Sousuke spoke as an aside to when Tama spoke of how he was viewed as a sort of mad scientist. The Steward did not see himself as a mad scientist, merely a scientist. Should the day ever arrive when he himself considered himself to be morally insane, then perhaps he would be slightly more inclined to add the adjective of mad to his occupation of scientist.

Koji bid his farewell and departed. "May you succeed in your undertakings."<i></i> The Steward bid his farewell and watched Koji. Yes. House Sato. The Steward expected great things to come from the child, but in due time. All in due time. Everyone, everything had a time proper and place to truly unleash their greatest potential. It was a theory of Sage Khan's, the theory of prime-tonimioum shared moment. The theory though wasn't so much as a theory as prove fact. The theory part though came from the concept that a moment in one's life depended upon the time they were given on earth.

The Steward's mind snapped back from the theory of Sage Khan when Tama spoke to him of the angle on which the massive crystal could turn. "Thirty-five? Ah. Splendid. Yes. Thirty-five is included an emergency forced angle, since some forget that sometimes, but you've considered it. I once had to advice someone on giving an extra degree or two, but they did not accept my calculations and didn't give it the proper leeway. That did not end quite well for them, and now I'm on the advisory board for a corporation... which is more of a figurehead position considering they only need me to verify the calculations of their products. I suppose the positive side to that is that I'm on their payroll for a mediocre salary. Still though, I don't take a wage for being the Steward... or rather the Sunahoshi did not permit us to take a wage."<i></i> The Steward coughed, and decided that his financial status in the world was not exactly a good topic to speak of.

"What is your planned maximum altitude? Considering that the higher you go you may need to consider anti-icing features so that ... the mechanisms don't free up and thus... I trust you know of the end result of my concern should it not be addressed proper. We don't need to consider altitude here, but above ... it is a concern that I just considered."<i></i>

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
I get my funds from my inventions and theories. I have a mind to submit my latest completed thesis on the Chakra Coil Transplant to the Medical Branch after they have finished reconstructing the hospital. To put such a masterpiece into practice would give me all the funding I could need for the rest of my life…sadly if the procedure ever fell into the wrong hands it could spell doom for a lot of people too. Its…a conundrum.

Then of course came the question of what his planned altitude was. He was a man of science and just as well someone who’s mind was very level, so it was without any trepidation that he said,
Oh, just about twenty, twenty-five feet off the ground should just about do it. I don’t plan on ‘flying’ as much as I do ‘sailing’. The desert is akin to that of an ocean if you think about it, with its dunes representing waves and the ruins of yore representing islands. If I somehow managed to get enough power to actually reach the skies then that would be an amazing feat…for now all I plan to do is to get enough lift to move about the desert more freely.

Tama crossed his arms as he stared on at the picture of his airship. Of course they were going to have to make some major modifications with the new idea of the gravity crystal engines. Not to mention they would have to come up with an alternate means of energy to power said engines in case of an emergency that rips out all the power. Just as well they would need something to back up the propellers that were there basically to keep the ship balanced and all the inventor could think of was gliding wings for some reason.
Reaching back into his inner coat pocket as the kid left, to which he paid no mind at the moment, he pulled out a paper notepad and flipped over the leather cover. He shifted through at least twenty notes he had written this week before he came across some blank paper to start writing figures on considering they would eventually run out of room on the back of the poster. He quickly jotted down the notes of what they had discussed along with some new figures he had surmised in the few seconds it took him to get out the note pad.

Sousuke, we’re going to have to set up an appointment at some point. As much as I enjoy discussing my newest invention with you I have learned the hard way that the streets have ears.
Tama’s bi-colored eyes shifted back towards the kid that had just left. He was acting somewhat paranoid but with good reason considering what all had happened to him in his short lifetime in Suna.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was indeed quite the conundrum to have a salary for perhaps a lifetime or two. Sousuke could understand Tama's concern about how it could fall into the wrong hands. The Steward held out his left hand and began to attempt a sort of invisible balancing act. The Steward's eyes shifted skyward as he was attempting to solve Tama's problem. "If you were to release your thesis in a series of periodical journals, how much of a net loss would you have? Granted you'd have to keep a good records. and improve said records everyone in a while. A sort of patchwork solution to your problem, if you're not concerned about time."<i></i> The Steward would offer. "A particular project of mine has been... acquired if you would. Fortunately those who stole my project do not have a mind to operate it as it requires ... well ... it has several fail safes. Not to mention it was once inhabited by an Eidolon. I should perhaps look into having someone re-acquire it back for me... and give them limited access to ... reduce the thieves' residence to a smoldering crater in the ground."<i></i>

Tama disclosed the height of the ship's flight. Then he would use a word that would surprise the Steward. Sail. That word alone made a large change of things in the Steward's mind. Yes. If the ship were to sail instead of fly, then things would be infinitely more easier in not having to consider things. "Well then. We don't need to consider freezing problem."<i></i> The Steward simply said. "You are one of the few people who have spoken of the desert as an ocean. My father does the same, but he doesn't dream of sailing it. He has a more ... grim opinion of it being that the desert is a sea in which man goes to drown in. Perhaps... we should reveal this structure to him."<i></i>

The Steward then listened contently to Tama's next request being an appointment. "Yes... how about Tuesday 11:45am? I'll have my father there too so he can offer his opinion too, if you don't mind... I'm sure he would be able to bright some extra insight into this project of yours."<i></i>

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh this truly would be a day he would etch deep into his heart.

This man just had no earthly idea how often Tama had tried to scheudal a meeting with the genius, but always had to cancel last second due to unforeseen circumstances. Once it was because his entire life was stolen from him in a single night, another had been because he had seen Kitanai break an assassin’s neck that was trying to kill him.

Sounds good to me sir, I’ll see you then, on the dot.

Reaching a hand out to shake Sousuke’s in a business like fashion and with no real response to however his Kazekage reacted, the scientist would then quickly turn to scoot off back to his lab where he would have to prepare all his research he had so far and then create some new stuff based on what they had discussed.

Tama turned on the coffee pot. It was going to be a long night.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back