Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Entering the Cavern [Mission]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"We only have a few minutes before the cave losses its integrity." A masked man said as he attended a large object that looked similar to a photographer's camera. The atmosphere surrounding the man was a dark and as ominous as the mysterious device. It was late in the evening perhaps a few hours after six. The cirrus clouds covered the full moon like a child under a white blanket. The man was accompanied with two cladded med dressed in espionage attire. The two men looked rather nervous not knowing what was going to happen next.

Moments later a thick gray cloud seeped out of the black object and attached itself to the concrete wall. The integrity of the wall began to break down like the crumbling of a sand dune. It was a marvelous but frightening sight.

"Lets go..." The apparent leader said as the three entered the cave.

.......................​

Shin was sitting at his desk examining a recent missions request that was presented to him earlier this afternoon. He was skeptical about the mission especially with the summary. Apparently the client required the retrieval if an ancient arrifact but what this artifact was unknown. In addition, there were other people who sought this item. Obtaining the object was imperative.

Hitomi, please send in the requested shinobi.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruka never had qualms about serving her country in the most traditional way a shinobi would. She was a medical ninja, trained mostly to heal. That didn't make her entirely helpless though. After all, her family had the secret techniques to turn the blessings of a healing hand into the curse of a killing blow. So, when she was asked to serve on a mission outside of the hospital's boundaries, she graciously accepted. It wasn't every day that she got to show off her capabilities as a fighting power of Cloud. Although, she was neither thrilled nor groaning about it. The black haired kunoichi left for the Raikage's tower the moment she was summoned. It would be a rudeness to make the lord Raikage wait. Besides, punctuality was important to her. She was taught to always be on time, otherwise there would be harsh consequences. This was only one small thing she was taught in an endless list by her family.

When she arrived at the tower, Haruka was dressed in the standard uniform of Kumogakure's med-nins. The courier who summoned her had caught her just coming home. Vanity wasn't so important that she would delay an arrival. Still, she was poised and put together. Her hair that darkly framed her face was arranged in a decorated style, pins of gold holding the black heap of hair together in careful precision. She greeted the woman at the desk with a smile. "Shima Haruka. I'm here for an appointment with Hayata-Dono." When she was allowed entrance to the office of the most celebrated ninja in Cloud, Haruka bowed and quietly shut the door behind herself. Haruka studied his face for a moment. This was perhaps the first time she had ever been so close to the Raikage before. Most people would of maybe felt overwhelmed in his presence or even honored. She felt nothing, and that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Haruka, although cordial and respectful of her superiors, was never impressed until proven to be.

"Hayata-Dono, my name is Shima Haruka." She assumed he already knew, but extended the introduction nonetheless. "You requested me?"

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari had been summoned. It was something she'd expected, since the Meeting, but the request had some from the Raikage rather than either Do san or Takaki san. She'd not met the Raikage since she was a student, and she found herself a small bit anxious. The courier had said come right away, so she'd not gone to replace her 'every day' clothing with the uniform her sennin insisted was necessary. The clothes instead consisted of a dark robe over warm pants and a tunic which split at the breasts- laced together, of course, with a strong but pretty cord. She most certainly did not wear a "combat bikini". When she arrived at the office, ahe looked around, no one else had arrived. It was supposed to be mission related... She shrugged and spoke to the receptionist, "Beg your pardon ma'am. but I was sent for by the Raikage. I am Tanaka Hikari." She bowed slightly. Her curly red hair fell forward to block some of her face as she did so.

"Of course, one of your party is already in with him. Go through that door." She gestured with a smile.

"Thank you." Hikari sad just before she entered the room.

As she entered she saw a Mednin she'd not met speaking to the Raikage. She waited til that was done, then introduced herself. "Good day, Raikage sama." She bowed, "I hope life has treated you well since last we met, sir." She then stood straight again, "You may not remember me. I am Tanaka Hikari," She said.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What was this feeling that was ricocheting around inside the young samurai's body, it was not completely unfamiliar but Masaru had never felt it on this scale before, "Are you going to keep Raikage-sama waiting all day!" An authoritative voice bellowed throughout Masaru's house as his father shuffled into the room, his wooden stick tapping the floor as he approached, "You're representing the clan today, remember that and don't let us down." The feeling got worse. Masaru and his father were very alike, because of this he could tell by the way his father was acting that they both shared this feeling, as well as immense feeling of pride that Masaru would be getting briefed by the Raikage directly for this mission.

Masaru arrived at the Raikage's office, he looked around and quickly spotted a receptionist perched behind a desk, "I was summoned by Raikage-sama, my name is Miyamoto Masaru."<i></i> He said as he approached the woman and bowed.

"Go right in, the rest of your team has already arrived." She said as she waved her hand towards the door.

Masaru began to open the door, there was that feeling again, he took a breath and made his way into the room before shutting the door behind himself, "It's a pleasure to meet you Raikage-sama, my name is Miyamoto Masaru."<i></i> He said with a courteous bow. Once he'd finished his introduction he glanced at the other people in the room, he recognised Hikari from a recent class he'd taken but he didn't know the other woman, seen as Hikari and himself were Genin he guessed that she must be a higher rank and therefore leading this mission.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It only took a few minutes until the door began to creak open revealing a young lady well put together. Her hair bounced around lively like blow up chewing gum contrary to her austere disposition. Her only action was a simple bow as she venerated herself toward her kage.

"Hayata-Dono, my name is Shima Haruka." She said.

"Yes I have. It is good to see you again, Haraku." Shin said with a grin. "You will be the leader of a mission but before I do let us wait until your comrades come." Shin paused. "For the time being I hope you would enjoy a small cup of tea." Shin said as he walked toward the corner of his office. There was a table that stood around four feet excluding the small shelves that branched at the top. The shelves were sealed in a clear glass window showcasing several types of jars.

"Or perhaps you prefer something else." Shin said stopping abruptly as he turned toward the young woman. Before he could say more two more individuals entered his office. He quickly recognized the red headed girl

"How can I forget you. Congratulation on your rank to Genin, Hikari-chan." How is your father?" Shin said. The young man spoke bowing before him taking his seat in front of his desk. Everyone was present and it was time to bring the real reason they were all here.

"It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Masaru-san. Since you are all here let me debrief you on your mission. Our client requires that you retrieve an artifact of unknown origin. I feel there is more to this than merely a retrieval mission. Please remain vigilant and stay safe. If there is anything out of the ordinary I would like for you to analyze it and report back. Any questions?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruka nodded to her Kage as he informed her of her position on the team. Holding the responsibilities as leader would not be any pressure for her. After all, she was in charge of a small staff of nurses at the hospital. The Shima woman kept cool, waiting for the other team members to show up. She would of gladly partook in some tea with the Raikage, but before he even began to brew, a younger girl stepped inside the office. She had the most brilliant shade of red hair, tangled in a mess of curls. Haruka glanced sideways at the girl, guessing she could be no older than sixteen at the most. Haruka liked that someone her age could manage to be responsible and arrive as quickly as she had. She introduced herself as Tanaka Hikari. The clan name didn't ring any bells with Haruka. It had seem that the young kunoichi had met the Raikage before. Lastly, a young boy spilled into the room. The door behind the four shinobi was shut tightly and thus all players were set on the stage. He too was just a young and fresh warrior of Kumogakure. The black haired lady took note of remembering both their names.

She expected this to not be easy. Of course there was always a chance for danger. She wondered what was so important about this artifact, but that seemed like a moot point in her job. The medical ninja remained silent, stirring over the very brief details of the mission. Being as detail oriented as she was in her line of work, Haruka thought it proper to at least as ask a bit more about the mission. "Where will we be searching for this artifact?" As much as she wanted to ask who the client was, she held her tongue from doing so. That seemed bad-mannered on her part to be so nosy. Perhaps one of the younger ones would ask. Either way, it mattered not. She smiled at the two, encouraging them to have their say before she led them out.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari grinned, "Thank you sir. I've recently come into a position above genin, as well. Sennin Takaki has made me Chief Ambassador to our village." She said with a bow, "My father is well, the school and the store provide more than adequate income for their stability. Thank you for asking, sir."

Just then then, Masaru came through the door. He introduced himself and looked around. Recognizing the other genin, Hikari nodded to him in acknowledgment.

"Since you are all here let me debrief you on your mission. Our client requires that you retrieve an artifact of unknown origin. I feel there is more to this than merely a retrieval mission. Please remain vigilant and stay safe. If there is anything out of the ordinary I would like for you to analyze it and report back. Any questions?"

"Do we have a description on the object, Raikage-sama?" Hikari asked, "The origin is unknown, but perhaps some description by which we should know the thing we seek? If there is not..." She frowned, Smells like a trap, if there's not. "Perhaps we could contact the client for more information."

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he glanced at the others in the room Masaru noticed a quick nod from his fellow Genin, he smiled and returned the acknowledgment before turning his attention back to the matter at hand. It was incredible how approachable the Raikage made himself simply by the way he spoke, Masaru began to loosen up as he heard the Raikage's reply, he'd expected a fearsome and intimidating character but instead he came across as a calm and kind individual who commanded a great deal of respect.

The other two members of the team responded to the Raikage with some sensible questions to try and get a bit more detail out of the briefing and see what the trio may be dealing with, 'This doesn't sound right, I wonder why is this such a highly ranked mission...'<i></i> He thought to himself before adding a question of his own, "This artifact is obviously valuable for it to warrant three shinobi being sent to retrieve it, is there any risk that others will also be searching for it?"<i></i>

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin walked over toward his desk and picked up a medium size manila envelope filled with several files and pictures. As she examined it Shin began to answer all of the questions presented to him. "The only thing that is known about the artifact is that is concealed within an archaic vase decorated in symbols in ancient kumo. There are other symbols but they have specific insignia similar to what you will see in a seals perhaps the vase can only open by a shinobi. It still does not explain why the client needs this artifact. You will find this item at the mountain side of Solum de Asphodelus."

"There are rumors that this vase contains minerals that can be used to create very durable material albeit the minerals are laced with chakra. However, I am skeptical of this possibility. Chakra is like any form of energy and has some half-life or decaying life cycle. It would be some innovative technique to store chakra for long periods of time. I would not be surprised that others will be looking for this same item, Masaru." Shin said as he stopped himself from rambling. His countenance was sparked with curiosity feeling subtly urges to join them on their quest. However, he needed to stay here.

"Everything that you need is in the envelope. I am sure you will need some money during your travels. I will send a courier before you leave with a few supplies. You depart in an hour I suggest you prepare yourself. I have some tea brewing if you would like some before you leave the towers."

s

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Sorry for the hold up. Busy week @_@]

She was glad that the two students were brave and observant enough to begin to ask enough questions that sent their Raikage on a short question and answer. She stood to the side, watching him move as he picked up an envelope with the mission's contents safely secured inside. Her mind lingered on what sort of threat they'd be up against. She wasn't so good on confrontation, but at least she'd have her two member's back when the time came. She knew at the rank and caliber she was placed, she really had nothing to worry about. Haruka, however, just could not shake the feeling that they were walking into more than a cave. It felt like a trap of some sorts. The mission just gave her that odd, hesitant feeling. Usually she'd turn down such a mission, but she had been specifically requested. And, her younger teammates were counting on her.

So, they'd be leaving the village. She, unlike most, hated to leave the confines of Kumogakure. She would be perfectly content and happy to stay within for the rest of her days. As long as she had the hospital, Haruka would always be content. Being a medical ninja of the village gave her purpose and she'd never forget that. She'd let nothing ever deter her from her path. No love or war or hate or sadness. This was the one thing in her life that was set in place like a stone. It was her fate to be like her kin before her. The Shima clan had that blood running in their veins. The love of healing the broken.

She was quite interested in the vase and couldn't wait to lay her eyes on it. Trinkets of the sort always caught her eyes. She was ready for this mission to begin. Her hand reached for the envelope as he handed it to her. Her hands folded neatly around the corners. Her mind was already running with what to pack for the journey. They hadn't much time. She bowed to the Raikage. "A gracious offer, but I think it's best if I take my leave. If you have nothing left for me besides a passport? I must prepare, Raikage-Dono." Getting what she need from the Kage, she turned to her team members and informed them, "I shall wait for you two at the gates."

[Topic Left]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin's reply described a vase inscribed with the characters of ancient kumo. "Interesting." She murmured. In truth, she had very little familiarity with the language, but she suspected she would know it if she saw it. Masaru asked about other people looking for it, to which Shin responded in the affirmative. "Of course. Anything valuable enough to pay three shinobi for, is likely to bring a profit. The question is, should such an object fall into non-shinobi hands, Raikage-sama? If it is inscribed with the text of ancient Kumo, does that not mean it should belong to modern Kumo? At least until a proper investigation of its properties is conducted?" Hikari asked with a little suspicion of the clients. "If the mineral can be infused with chakra, it may be dangerous for our client to gain control of it. For us, and others." She said with an uncharacteristic frown. "I must ask... Are you certain that we should retrieve it for the client?" She fully intended to gain the object and return it to her superiors. Her conscience would be clear on that count. What she worried about was what might happen afterward. Were they arming an enemy?

Haruka grabbed the proffered envelope with all the specs for the mission, and bid them farewell til they met at the gates. Hikari bowed and said her farewell.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masaru watched as the Raikage walked towards his desk and retrieved an envelope, every piece of information the group received seemed to make the mission more and more unexpected, there were so many uncertainties that the whole situation wreaked, 'This could be an interesting one...'<i></i> The young samurai thought to himself as more rumours were revealed about the artifact and it's properties.

The leader of the trio accepted the envelope and excused herself, Masaru bowed his head to her as she informed the two Genin of the meeting point. There wasn't a great deal that Masaru needed to do to prepare for the mission, he already had mostly everything he needed so when his fellow Genin asked more questions he saw a benefit to staying for the answers, after all he still knew so little about what he was getting into so any morsel of information could help a great deal.

'She's quite right to be suspicious of the clients, this whole thing has trap written all over it.'<i></i> He thought to himself as he shifted his weight while trying to get an image of what they could be walking into in his mind and awaiting the Raikage's answer.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruka gave her last remarks as she left the office. The three genin were the only ones left in his office determined to gather more information about their mission. Shin could not help but smile at there tenacity, actually he was overjoyed to see the genin develop their analytically skills so quickly. The young red headed girl was the first to speak expressing concerns of the mission integrity. She was not wrong to question the motive of our client especially considering the awkwardness of the request. The artifact was in the realm of Kumogakure ownership but yet they would expected to deliver to a group of people or person not affiliated with Kumgakure's art. These issues did cross his mind but without further evidence they were only grasping at unfounded information.

Shin paused for a moment before he answered Hikari's question. "You are right to make such conjectures. As shinobi we are to be sleigh sleuths as well. I am confident that this mission is someway related to another mission I gave to one of your peers but without more information I can not make any decisions. If we attempt to investigate on our own accord there may be some severe political ramification, especially how much the client is paying for this mission request. However, as you said if we simply give this artifact to the client we may be falling into a trap." Shin said as he took a breath. "There is not much we can do at this point but to play coy and study our client at a distance. Stealth is a key to the success of this mission."

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari scratched her head. Political ramifications. Monetary repercussions. Whatever happened, surely it wouldn't be worth Kumogakure's reputation, or the city’s safety. The young woman felt stymied. Uncertain of the direction she was to take. Maybe Shima Haruka would provide better direction to the youths once they began their mission, but in honesty, the red head felt rudderless. She ran a hand through her hair and frowned. Hikari had an idea, "Sir, if when we retrieve the artifact, we bring it to you and you under the pretense that you'll turn it over shortly, could you not study it to decide whether it's safe to do so...? Perhaps, in the mean time, a convincing copy could be made… just in case.” She nodded to herself, thinking that that is what should be done. Of course… in the event that the employer did become dangerous, she had no doubt that Kumogakure had plenty of shinobi capable of rectifying the mistake of turning over a dangerous artifact. She looked to Masaru, “I suppose we should worry about it when we get to that problem, no?”

Hikari hesitated, knowing she should leave to get on with the mission. “A cup of tea would be nice, but perhaps at a later date, Raikage sama. Maybe I could ask your opinion on some recent policy changes and the predicament of kunoichi in the main branch. There are some certain… objectionable requirements, but that discussion can wait.” After Shin replied, she would bow, and if no one had anything else to say, she would take her leave to meet Shima-san at the gates.

[topic left obviously, forgot to add the tag lol]
[mft-266]

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masaru could tell that the two Genin weren't the only ones with reservations about this mission, he rested his left forearm on the pommel of his katana as he listened to the Raikage explain his views on the situation, all in all it seemed they were between a rock and a hard place.

It was plain to see that Hikari especially wasn't happy with the whole situation, she suggested that a copy of the artifact could be made just in case the clients motives did turn out to be sour, "If we choose to do that we would need to be extremely careful about it, our reputation could be damaged dramatically if it is revealed we did something like that and there wasn't a legitimate reason for it."<i></i> Masaru added as he moved his left hand up to his chin, deep in thought.

“I suppose we should worry about it when we get to that problem, no?”

Masaru nodded in response to the girls question, "I think all we can do at the moment is to carry out our role while we gather more information, then hopefully the bigger picture will start to become clearer"<i></i> There was only so much planning like this could help the situation, the only way they'd become more sure about what was going on would be to get out there and investigate first hand.

As Hikari excused herself Masaru decided to follow suit, "I would be honoured to join you for tea Raikage-sama, but regrettably I must decline. I wouldn't want to delay the mission and keep the others waiting."<i></i> The young samurai said with a long bow. Once the Raikage had replied he would turn and leave to meet the others by the gates.

[Topic left unless stopped]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin rubbed his chin entertaining the idea brought up by Hikari. It was possible that they could return the vase back to Kumogakure. They would be able to analyze the content before their client receives it. However, Shin could not determine the possible risks if they were to make this decision, there were simply too many variables. "It is a reasonable suggestion, Hikari-chan. However, I would advice to be contentious about it. Your priority is to secure the vase. If given the opportunity then you can proceed."

Hikari and Masaru made a few brief comments before they departed the office. For a moment the office was silent until Shin began to speak into his hidden headset. "Hitomi, Would you mind holding any calls for the remaining of the day. I need to do some errands outside of the village." Shin said. "Hai, Hayata-sama." Hitomi replied. Shin shuffled over toward his desk as he pulled a white muffler scarf wrapping around his neck before departing out the door.

[Leaving Topic...]

[Enjoy your mission guys :D]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back