Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Establishing Dominance, Kaen vs Chikara

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He had felt a change in her some time ago, but he was uncertain as to the catalyst that caused it. But he could tell, Kaen always had that sense about him, to be able to just feel someone's potential, their energy, their power and intent. Certainly it was his genetic ties to the Flame Court and their aptitude for battle and all thing related. This too was another reason he had for calling her all the way out here. He wanted to test this power of hers, taste it, relish in it. He was drawn to Chi for some reason, she was an interesting subject to be sure. It was nothing as base as human desires of the flesh, but something more. It was hard to describe, but he wanted to feel more. And if pushing Chikara to her limits, to test their mettle against one another, then he would do so to continue experiencing this sensation. He chose this location because it was not too far from the village, the looming wall still visibile in the distance. But far enough away that any local devastation they they may (will) cause won't put anyone in harms way. This would be a day to remember, surely Kaen would come out victorious. But wouldn't it be interesting if this was not the case and Chi was victorious? What a most peculiar notion.

[OOC topic entered/started - Intended for Chi for a duel, but spectators are welcome]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Act 2, Chapter 1: Growth! Chi’s Power Revealed!

WC: 612|MFT
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

Chi sat, naked, on her bed pondering her time in Suna. There was much she had seen and done and many people that she’s met along the way. She’s spent approximately two years in Suna now, and only seven months ago she retrieved her staff from Ichiro. Had she finished Ichiro there that would be the end of things. Unfortunately, the man she now knows to be her brother escaped, and the temple where he had been holding up was abandoned. She thought about the grueling work she put in to finding him the first time and wondered if she’d get another chance. Suddenly her resolve returned and she stood up in front of the window, bare for all the world to see. She looked out at the desert village, determined to complete her mission and bring Ichiro to justice. Yes, bring to justice. Koken’s teachings have come a long way in helping Chi to fight off the negativity produced by Morisei’s cursed aura.

“I will see… that he hurts no one again.” Even her common has improved quite a bit, between Koken’s aide and the necessity to speak the language with the people of the village. Now she speaks in complete sentences for the most part, albeit with a few pauses to remember certain words. Now with her destiny in mind, she gears up. She pats her dress down last thing and holsters Morisei’s staff, in dagger form, to her thigh. She takes a deep breath and jumps out the window, landing skillfully on her feet before making a mad dash for the village gates. She had somewhere to be out in the desert. Today she would meet with Kaen who was giving her a chance to show him her new power. She had spent the last seven months developing it and she hoped she wouldn’t disappoint. Her last battle with Kaen was a disappointment for her as she was barely able to make a dent in her opponent. Today would be different.

Kaen would spot Chi arriving in their designated spot, running at full sprint across the desert floor while wearing no shoes. She was never much for clothing in general, but for battle she detested wearing anything let alone shoes. She would get close to him and give him a bright beaming smile, happy to see him after so much time apart. She didn’t know why she felt this way, perhaps it was because of their first encounter when he flowed his chakra into her. This was an act she would never forget, and it made her a tad bit embarrassed whenever she saw him. She had to admit he was handsome in a way, but she had no time for any funny business at the moment. She put her emotions aside and waved to him.

“Hello, Konstantine!” She shouted as she drew nearer.

Morisei appeared to the both of them, floating just behind her shoulder. “It’s Kaen you dolt.”

“Oh, yes, Konnecticut. Sorry.” She bowed to the man and Morisei rolled his eyes.

“So yeah, we gonna do this, huh?” Morisei said, moving from behind Chi to in-between the combatants. “I want a good fight, so plenty of biting and shots below the belt -sorry big guy- or I’m calling the whole thing off!”

“Hush now, Moshi.” Chi replied, using Hato’s nickname which Morisei despised. “It is the time of fighting, yes? I will show you... what I got.” She chuckled and gave Kaen a wink. She wouldn’t hold back against him this time and she hoped he wouldn’t either. It was time for them to find out just how strong the other truly was.
OOC:

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common
Morisei Speaking Hosekimori
Morisei thinking or speaking to Chi through the weapon

Koken Speaking
Koken thinking or Speaking to Chi from her realm
[TD]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen's demeanor shifted from an otherwise bored and lackadaisical outward expression to a gleaming smile as he saw the wildling visage of Chikara. Over the last couple of years he had gotten to know her a little better. Not as much as he would have liked given that they share an actual home together, along with his son Hato. But work always seemed to get in the way, and even she had managed to keep herself busy, between her new duties as anbu, or pursuing personal endeavors their gatherings didn't really seem to click often. He would wave before his expression turned flat for a moment as she, yet again, failed to say his name correctly. Cute, but annoying at the same time he should hardly be surprised anymore. He almost felt as if it was intentional, but it was hard to say. "I'm very glad you accepted my invite. It's been some time since we last tested your abilities. While I do simply enjoy our bouts, it does serve another purpose." The other purpose was of course to prepare her for Ichiro. He couldn't simply let her wander into dangerous territory without being prepared. He would consider it a personal failure if she were to simply be defeated upon finding the man.

Though there was the matter of Morisei. While he was amusing at times, Kaen felt it incredibly frustrating he couldn't simply punch the man for being a general ass. "Yeah, hush no moshi-moshi..." Kaen would mock the spirit playfully, but low-key hoped it found a soft spot. "Yes, Chi, it is most definitely the time of fighting. I want to see the results of your training, show me everything you have, and hold nothing back." Kaen distanced himself a bit from his female companion and took an offensive stance. There was no need for small talk, pleasant conversation or the like. He often found you learn more about someone through an exchange of power, or fists if you will. He looked forward to continuing to learn more about this woman. "Come at me with the intent to kill, otherwise you will lose again. Expect no quarter to be given, you'll get no mercy from me this day." A nefarious smile crept upon his face and with a playful wink he would signal the start of their epic duel.

[OOC Calling Battle Moderator]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A Wild B-Mod Has Appeared!

• Send me all of your battle information! Please send this as its own PM. This includes: stats, custom class, abilities, elemental/sensory affinities, inventory, weapons, bloodlines/core abilities, kinjutsu, a full jutsu list (with mastered jutsu clearly marked!), summoning contracts, any other kinjutsu-specific information, or anything else I might have missed above. Having everything linked makes my life insanely easier, and is HIGHLY recommended!
  • Send me your Round One actions! Please send this as its own PM. When sending an action, the following things are very useful for me to mod your round quicker: AP costs, CP costs, any specifically relevant passive/activated effects that apply to the action which are important for me to be aware of, any targets of the action which require targets to be specified, and any other notes which you feel are important for me to be aware of. Having everything linked makes my life insanely easier, and is HIGHLY recommended!
  • As a general note: please DO NOT pre-calculate your passives into any action costs! It is far more preferable for you to send me the raw cost of an action so that I don't miss anything. If you pre-calculate passives, debuffs, or other effects into your actions, I am highly liable to miss something or end up with incorrect calculations.
  • If you feel I have missed something, or forgot to account for something, feel free to PM me or message me on Discord so we can rectify the issue.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths

WC: 227
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

“Another purpose?” Chi repeated to herself. She thought about the implications of his words, wondering what other purposes there might be. She assumed that, like her, he simply wanted to test how strong he was. This was a spar and one she had been looking forward to since she retrieved Morisei’s staff from Ichiro. There was a lot going on inside the young woman’s mind, mostly pertaining to the fact that Ichiro was her brother, but fighting provided some relief. It was a stress reducer for her, and a chance to show her skills and find any faults in her tactics. Kaen seemed to have other motivations that Chi simply couldn’t see just yet.

She giggled at Kaen for using ‘Moshi’ to refer to Morisei. It was becoming a real problem for the cursed spirit that he could do nothing about. He grimaced at the mention of it and stuck his middle finger in the air at the fire lord, along with an extended tongue. When Kaen spoke again he said he wanted to see the results of Chi’s training. She knew there was more to it than that, whatever this ‘other purpose’ was. She ignored it for now and copied Kaen, taking an offensive stance and channeling the energy of the planet into her.

“This will be… One for the… Um… History books!” She laughed.
OOC: Another shorty for the books… Stuff sent.

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common

Koken Speaking

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
2628.jpg

KAEN
97.jpg

CHIKARA
HP: 45,000 - 134 - 150 = 44,716
CP: 33,000 - 347 - 264 - 800 - 450 - 264 = 30,875
AP: 10 - 0.5 - 1.75 - 1.5 - 1 - 1.5 = 3.75 (11 AP next Round)
Status: Wielding Mantle of Fire, Sprained Heart, Bleeding Rank 1, Immolation Armor, In a Ring of Fire!
HP: 48,000
CP: 30,000 - 900 - 168 = 28,932
NE: 9,000 - 4,400 = 5,600
AP: 10 - 1 - 0.5 - 0.5 - 3.5 - 1 = 3.5 (12 AP next Round)

Morisei
HP: 47,628
CP: 33,737 - 2,400 = 31,337
AP: 5 (7 AP next Round)

// ROUND ONE! //
  • [0.50s] Kaen equips Mantle of Fire!
  • [1.00s] Chikara casts Stone Bullet on Kaen!
    • Hit - 134 Damage!
    • Kaen's heart is sprained! Kaen is bleeding!
    • Chikara attempts a Jousting Charge, but fails!
  • [1.50s] Chikara activates Feral Shift Style!
  • [2.00s] Chikara activates ANBU Style - Assassin's Blade!
  • [2.25s] Kaen casts Step-In Flash on Chikara!
    • Miss!
    • Koken the Bear is Summoned through Unbound Loyalty and does 3 Called Shots!
      • Hit! Called Shot fails. 150 Damage!
      • Miss!
      • Miss!
  • [3.25s] Kaen casts Immolation Armor!
  • [5.25s] Kaen casts Ring of FIre around himself!
  • [5.50s] Chikara casts Contract Summoning, calling forth Morisei!
    • Chikara equips The Legendary Shark!
  • [6.25s] Kaen casts Divination!
  • [6.50s] Chikara casts Stone Bullet on Kaen!
    • Chikara cannot target Kaen normally within the Ring of FIre!
    • Blind Shot successful!
    • Miss!
  • [7.25s] Kaen casts Whirlwind Spin!
  • [10.0s] Koken disappears!

// NOTES //
  • Divination results have been PM'd to Kaen.
  • 09/04 Edit:
    • Chikara messaged me on a few points that I'd missed, which are now fixed.
  • 09/12 Edit:
    • Realized attacks targeting someone in Ring of Fire require a blind shot check. Didn't change anything, but still updated it.
    • Realized Feral Shift costs 3% CP at activation, and at the start of every round, and also adds in Temp HP. Adding all this now.

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Play Me

"Hyuahh!" With a decisive grunt Kaen would clench his fists and tense his body as a jet of flames burst from his body. His body was ready as was his mind, his goal was simple; bring Chikara to her knees. In a brilliant display of shinobi capabilities both combatants blasted off towards each other. Kaen, not the overambitious and zealous type he used to be, opted to observe rather than go purely on the offensive. It had been some time since he last saw Chikara battle and he didn't intend to be taken off guard and overwhelmed. He knew he was strong, but he also knew that she was comparative to his own reserves of power. His own was more intense and mighty where hers was serene and graceful having a great deal to do with nature itself. He had craved this upcoming interaction for some time now and fully intended to enjoy every second of it.

Chi, not sharing the same strategic tact in mind, immediately threw the first punch, or cast the first stone if you will. With her jutsu already cast the air around Kaen zipped as the concussive speed of the flying rocks threatened to break the sound barrier. One such rock struck Kaen directly in the chest nearly embedding itself into his flesh. "Tch..." As he exclaimed a few droplets of blood managed to escape his lips. It was hard to believe she had already injured him this far in only a few seconds. He was displeased with himself to allow her to have the first strike but you would hardly know it given the sneer on his face. Smearing it away he would disappear in a flash and appear next to Chi, his leg already in motion as he attempted to kick her. A concussive blast of air rung outward as her forearm connected with his shin deflecting the strike. Reeling his body the opposite direction he would try to kick with his other leg while he still had some momentum, but this too Chi was prepared for.

And by prepared we mean a massive bear popped into existence and attacked Kaen back. Surprise, a rarity for Kaen as he often felt he had a handle on the art of combat, spread across his face. Most apparent in his eyes as his red eyes reflected the raging-seeing-red-ridiculous-f*ing-furry-furious monstrosity of a bear blooping into his face. Like what the actual heck? He wasn't even paying attention when Chikara limboed under his attack. But one failed attack meant nothing, the fight had only begun! A most interesting one at that, like where the heckin did she learn how to do that? He was looking forward to this spar for a while now, but now he was getting fired up!!! (sorry not sorry)

Creating distance between the two Kaen would whip through a small series of signs before chakra flushed throughout his body making his flames hotter and brighter. A moment later and he would expel his flames to create a protective circle around him in preparation. Seizing this opportunity Chi would waste no time and summoned Morisei to the battlefield. Kaen cared not, he knew Morisei wanted to duke it out just as much as he did and would gladly welcome the added challenge. But what's fair is fair, two can play at this game. Taking a small reprieve from the scene Kaen would close his eyes and whisper to the sands. "Grant me your power once more, Mother Suna. Allow me to showcase your power through me. I'm gonna need it with this magic bear crap..." As he opened his eyes a gust of wind swept through the area fanning the flames of passion. The fight was on!

[OOC Sending round 2 actions]

Last edited:

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths

WC: 438
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

Woosh! A large stone launched from the ground at Chi’s beckoning, performing some handseals that would look unfamiliar to anyone not native to Hosekimori. The stone hurdled toward’s Kaen and seemed to take him by surprise, embedding itself in his chest. Blood coming from his mouth was a good sign, Chi knew she had hit a weak point. She grinned as her first attack went off successfully. But this was just the beginning of their fight, she had so much more to show him. Her first trick would be a small transformation, her second trick, yet to come, would be a larger transformation. More on that later.

Chi shifted her stance to a position that might look somewhat familiar to Kaen. She had combined her normal style with one used by the ANBU. She channeled her chakra effortlessly, communing with nature and unleashing her feral side. Horns grew on her head, small though they were, and her hands and feet became solid like hooves. This was a gift from her goat family, a fighting style that as far as she was aware was the only one like it. In the midst of this transformation, Chi noticed Kaen coming in for an attack.

Chi lifted her arm and blocked his kick, then the next one. She wasn’t having any of his shit during this fight. Chi heard Koken speaking to her, and this was her chance. She summoned Koken who appeared out of no where, launching a fury of attacks at her opponent. Most of which failed, but it was enough to spread a look of surprise on Kaen’s face. Chi chuckled at this, she was hoping she’d get some kind of reaction out of him when she did that.

“I am Koken, warrior monk and an ancient predator. Next time be prepared, because I won’t go easy on you.”

Suddenly Kaen became engulfed in flames, something that didn’t surprise Chi in the slightest at this point. While he was becoming a human torch, Chi performed the seals necessary to summon Morisei to the physical world. Chains launched themselves from the weapon holstered on Chi’s thigh. They culminated in the shape of a person in the air and for a moment Morisei showed his face through the barrier.

“Time to get down, Kaeny-boy!” Then he was sucked back into the weapon. It flew it into the air and transformed in a brilliant light. Runic symbols appeared on the weapon as it activated from Morisei’s physical presence. The dagger took the form of a shark, a large scimitar with a fin on one side. It was perfect for slashing…
OOC: Sending actions soon

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common

Koken Speaking

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
2628.jpg

KAEN
97.jpg

CHIKARA
HP: 44,716 - 450 + 900 - 5,363 - 268 = 39,369
CP: 30,875 - 153 - 450 + 660 - 3600 - 448 - 1350 - 450 - 600 = 24,484
AP: 11 - 4.5 - 1 - 2 - 0.5 - 1 - 2 = 0 (10 next Round)
Status: Wielding Mantle of Fire, Sprained Heart, Bleeding Rank 1, Immolation Armor, In a Ring of Fire, Feral, Perforated!
Total Cursed Damage: 268

Specter Kaen #1
HP:
CP: 6,600
AP: 2.5

Specter Kaen #2
HP:
CP: 6,600
AP: 2.5

Kirakyu
HP:
CP: 32,400
AP: 5
HP: 48,000
CP: 28,932 - 900 - 2200 - 2065 = 23,767
NE: 5,600
AP: 12 - 3 - 2.5 - 2.75 = 3.75 (12 next Round)

Sand Clone
CP:
AP:
Experiencing Summoning Sickness!

Morisei
HP: 47,628
CP: 31,337 - 1584 = 29,753
AP: 7 - 3 = 4 (7 next Round)

// ROUND TWO! //
  • [0.00s] Kaen maintains Immolation Armor and Ring of Fire.
  • [0.00s] Kaen takes bleeding damage!
  • [0.00s] Kaen recovers some HP and CP!
  • [0.00s] Morisei tries to recover some HP, but is already completely healthy!
  • [0.00s] Chikara takes CP damage from being Feral!
  • [2.50s] Chikara casts Scorn of Aquarius at Kaen!
    • Miss!
    • Koken the Bear is Summoned through Unbound Loyalty and does 3 Called Shots!
      • Miss, just as Kaen foretold!
      • Miss!
      • Miss!
  • [4.09s] Kaen casts Contract Summoning, calling forth Kirakyu!
  • [4.29s] Morisei casts Diamond Cutter on himself!
  • [4.58s] Chikara casts Sand Clone!
    • Kaen cannot tell which is the real Chikara!
  • [5.00s] Kaen begins to Vanish!
    • Kaen is currently Stealth'd!
  • [6.36s] Kaen does something hidden!
  • [6.81s] Kaen does something hidden!
  • [6.87s] Chikara casts Trashin!
    • Chikara cannot target Kaen normally inside the RIng of Fire!
    • Blind Shot successful!
    • Full Hit! 5,363 Cursed Damage!
    • Kaen is Perforated!
    • Chikara attempts to recover some HP, but is already completely healthy!
    • Kaen is no longer Stealth'd!
  • [7.72s] Kaen casts Divination!
  • [9.08s] Kaen casts Specter Shade!
    • Two Specter Kaens appear!
    • Chikara is aware of the real Kaen!
  • [10.00s] Koken disappears!
  • [10.00s] Kaen takes Cursed Damage!

// NOTES //
  • Divination results have been PM'd to Kaen.
  • Lots and lots happened this round -- if anyone feels I made any mistakes, just reach out and we'll figure it out.
  • 09/16 Edit:
    • forgot to factor in some secondary effects regarding trashin. this has now been updated.
    • also adding cursed damage
    • fixed damage modifiers on trashin -- some negative penalties were missed, and overall the damage was incorrect
    • also added a note regarding an effect with Trashin. It doesn't actually affect the mod, though.

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Play Me

Still the wild glow of the incandescent flames raged on, separating the two titans of battle. This ring of fire dared to mesmerize any onlookers, assuming there was any. Not a moment of reprieve granted to the sunan red-head, Chikara's wave of aqueous power rushed towards him. Prepared as he was he ushered out chakra into his flames to rise up against this attack. A cacophony of violent hissing erupted from the hydrothermal clash of power, steam rising into the sky with such mass as to threaten to blot out the sun.

Whipping through a series of hand-seals Kaen slammed his hand into the grainy sands, a plume of smoke erupting underhand obscuring vision even further. A kyuubi-esk visage could be seen materializing within the smoke, Kaen's newest contractual battle buddy; Kirakyu. He had yet to see just what she was capable of, what a better time than now to gauge her capabilities.

Unbeknownst to him Chikara called forth a clone formed from the sands below their feet. Kaen would not have known the difference once he spotted the pair of wildings, not yet anyway. Numbers wasn't anything that had ever worried him as his personal arsenal of jutsu always had an option to deal with such a situation. He hadn't wasted all this time doing nothing, no. Kaen was Captain of the Anbu and was well versed in a vast multitude of jutsu types and subtypes. And still he trained inching closer and closer to mastery of all.

As Kaen tinkered in the shroud of darkness, Chi prepared a most efficient assault. Piercing through the flames her attack landed true turning Kaen into a literal pincushion. Her moves stung, her power had grown tremendously since their last bout. In a way you could say he was proud of her, it was rare for him to come to any semblance of respect for anyone other than Kasen or Hato. Following suit Kaen would pull together the shadows around him and mold a pair of clones himself. Chikara's eyes never broke from his own which lead him to believe she knew and was not fooled. But it mattered not, they were not there for that purpose. Clutching his stomach and chest he would commend Chi on her last attack, droplets of blood slowly seeping from his wounds and being soaked up instantly as they met the scorching sand below. "I'm impressed, Chi. But don't get cocky, this fight is FAR from over. Now stand ready, your recompense shall come swifly!"

[Sending actions --- MFT]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths

WC: 430|MFT
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

Chi sends a wave of water at Kaen’s wall of fire but is unable to penetrate it’s borders. She curses the air as Koken appears again, failing to land a blow on her opponent. There was a stillness in the air when suddenly, through the fire, the two of them witnessed a new form appearing. It was a fox of some kind, a contract beast if Chi had to guess. Chi hadn’t seen this one before in their battle and was wary of what tricks it might have up its sleeves. She gripped Morisei tightly and the symbols on his form began to glow. A layer of diamond formed around the blade, taking the shape of the weapon itself.

“Let’s cut this fucker!” Morisei shouted inside Chi’s head. She grinned a sly grin and looked over at Koken. The large bear was staring her down. There was a moment of realization then. Chi was allowing Morisei to consume her again. She took a deep breath and prepared her next technique, ignoring Morisei’s battle cries inside and outside of her head. She performed her mysterious handseals with one hand and another her rose from the sands. The two looked at each other and then nodded just before flashing away.

Just then Chi noticed that Kaen was gone. She and her clone both searched the area inside the flames but all they saw was the fox creature. Chi closed her eyes, easing her chakra to flow through her effortlessly. She felt the sands and the sky as if they were a part of her. She could smell him. She opened her eyes and rushed forward, breaking all logic and striking him down through the fire. One stroke of her blade and Morisei’s cries let Chi know that they managed to land a blow.

She landed nearby and she turned just in time to see multiple Kaen to appear. She stared him down, making sure not to lose track of him this time. She was unsure of whether he knew the real her from the clone but she was sure which Kaen was the real one. She listens to him as he speaks his praise of her, but his threats didn’t faze her. She was more confident than she had ever been, possibly because of the cursed influence Morisei was spreading. She felt invincible.

“You can cry if you want.” She said, standing straight with her weapon as her side. “I will be the winner of this, yes?” She laughed in a playful manner and readied herself for her next attack.
OOC: [Actions sent]

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common

Koken Speaking

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back