Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Everywhere I am, I am a_l_o_n_e [Open]

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
pgvkr6d.jpg

Sunlight penetrated the ghoulish clouds as the smothered light glanced off the cracked lens, sitting on a bench blanketed by obscuring shadows. Sukejuro's red eye stared through the hallow socket from whence it came, blanketed still by the darkness with the soothing crackling of fire keeping him company in the gutters of the fell, wretched, forgotten place of Cronopolis. Crackling reminding him of the not so distant memories of his life here as he snapped a new lens back into it's place, eliminating the pwindow into a broken soul, reenergizing him with manic Glee.

Complete. I am whole again~.” The strange young man brightly chimed, climbing his way out of the low area typically used to wash away rain water and other fluids spilled in this halfway land of living death. Looking over, he'd find others like him, a man without a leg, clutching at his crutch with a son, speaking to another who’s suffered similar war wounds to the face. Recognizing the pair, he wandered over to the pair, dim light cast from the light peaking over tall buildings.

Yo, Sukejuro.” The one legged man greeted as the boy dropped a solid stick nervously at the strangers appearance.

Snap!
'And there I was' said:
Heavy iron hung around my neck, outline of burns outlining just peeking over the cumbersome weight, stepping out of the iron cage I had been assigned. So long ago, I remember seeing father with the switch in one hand, the device in his other, my elder brother before me and...the knife. I couldn't understand the words, however forthright they came from his mouth but I felt their intent. I was a dog, he held the leash and my brother...holding a knife. It was before my sister gave me lessons in language, but I had no choice but to survive, so...

For a second his bright and manic face behind the mask grew cold, like the blood had been drawn from it as the ghosts came, crawling, always asking questions as he stared down at that stick before a real voice came.

"Um...Sukejuro? You okay?" the man asked again "The...foundry, everything's okay right? After the riot?" soon the ghosts were gone, smiling once again as he felt free again "Yeah, It'll be fine, just give me a few days..." he suggested, rather vague but at this point he wasn't known for being punctual, but rather quite inconsistent. Turning to the boy he politely nodded, rather thankful the boy was so healthy despite the desperate conditions of Cronopolis. Nonetheless it was his home, he was well known here and it was the only place he felt accepted, where he felt like...a Hero

[MFT]
[443 wc]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shikyu was in the Cronopolis, again. He did not intend to come to this downtrodden place, but somehow, someway, he kept on making his way back here.

Could it be some sort of habitual retracing of steps of some sort? If it was, then why? Why would he have came down here? What reason did he have to return to a place that was rather unwelcoming to most? Could it be that he had some shady past that was constantly trying to drag him back?

Shikyu had grown so much during his time here in Kumogakure, remembering a lot about his past. However, there was still more that remained a mystery, and the more he found out about himself, the more mysterious his past seemed to be. Which was not surprising, considering that his past might in fact be [/i]pasts[/i], which would certainly be worrying if there was some hidden personality just waiting to rear its ugly head.

So yes, here he was, trying to find his way out of the Cronopolis again. He was in his Chuunin attire - from Kumogakure headset, down to his vest, pants, and everything, telling everyone very clearly that he was not to be messed with - at least for the general more casual stragglers. He wondered if the small scar on his cheek helped to make him seem scarier than he is, but he assumed... probably not. People down here probably have things way beyond what he has. His massive blade was sheathed behind his back, providing him some further assurance. Not only did the size make it seem like he could be dangerous, but it pretty much blocked most of his body, preventing most attacks from behind to get to Shikyu easily.

Shikyu spotted Sukejuro and the group of people who he was with. Seeing that there was a boy amongst them, Shikyo assumed that they were people who could actually be nice and helpful to him. Maybe. So Shikyu simply waltzed over, waving at the group as he came closer. "Greetings. My name is Monzaemon Marushijūkyū, but you can call me Shikyu for short. I am a Chuunin of Kumogakure. I am... lost. Just wondering if I might be able to obtain directions to leave the Cronopolis?" Shikyu asked politely upon his approach, just to ensure he did not spook the group.

OOC:
[Thread entered with PC Monzaemon Marushijūkyū.]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sun had begun to rise, granting a new day for those who rested up throughout the night. However days seems to fuse together for some. Some sets of eyes never seems to shut down for the night, constantly watching the world turn and bustle with life. Mirō knew that life all too well, subconsciously she had been training her body to remain attentive and alert even for prolonged hours. A bit of personal work in hopes to exceed expectations for her new unit. The past few nights had been spent in Cronopolis, some would call it a gutter for the trash that winds up in it; others would say it’s home to misfortune and grief. Mirō could understand both sides of the spectrum and from her surveillance it was a concoction of both concepts.

Downtrodden men and women, orphans hiding at every corner. Malicious thugs lurking within the blacked out allies, and the homeless marking their territory. “Shame.” A moment of sympathy rolled over her voice before lowering her head. Mirō sat perched along the tin roof tops of Cronopolis. Remaining hidden in the dark as the sun cast a shadow from the broken down water tower next to her. Studying these slums eventually provoked boredom to stroll into her mind. Her main reason for coming here was to do a little snooping of her own. Wanting to do some digging on her parents history, their known events led her to Cronopolis. Needing to find information of bartered goods Mirō needed to find a pawn shop. Silently feet adjusted on the tin roof, not leaving a sound as Mirō vanished from the roof to the alley way close to her.

‘Someone can probably tell me where the nearest pawn shop is…’ Looking in all directions Mirō had stepped out into a clearing. Noticing a man holding a child she gently approached the man, a kind smile on her lips. “Excuse me, do you know anyone who buys junk? I have a few things I wanted to se-“ Her words were cut off, gold eyes caught a peek at that notorious head of red hair. “What’s Shikyu doing here..?” Hushed, she whispered to herself. Fingers pulled back her long black tresses behind her ears. “Never mind, forgive me.” Smiling down at the small child then back at their father. Mirō turned away and rose up to walk towards Shikyu. Watching closely Shikyu approached another man. Golden eyes traced over the man he approached, their mask a prominent feature of the strangers. Keeping her pace, each step filled her with curiosity. ‘Perhaps that other person knows Shikyu. Regardless, he might know where to turn.’ With Shikyu nearby her guard remained steady, who knows what kind of man this stranger could be. “Shikyu!” Mirō chirped before waving at him. Walking diagonally toward him she stood close by to him and the stranger. “I must be thankful to run into a familiar face, even though it’s been a while.” A slight grin marked her lips, turning her attention to the stranger a fabricated smile was painted on her lips. “Is this a colleague of yours Shikyu?” Her scar on full display for the stranger to take in, letting her peer into his vulnerable eye unable to pinpoint the nature of his intent. ‘The mask hides it well.’

WC:554
[Topic Entered]

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was just getting so used to hearing every foul thing imaginable and shapeless things acting a pale imitations of life, stealing voices and twisting people he had known that were gone into vile, articulate demons feeding off his growing apathy, tugging on his rusting anchors tethering him to the world as he knew it. Somehow though, he could just ignore it as he took a moment to admire the blasted wasteland for it's infinite possibility and often unnoticed beauty in it's sepulcherous glory.

“Eh? Mm.” He muttered to himself, confused? Something had erupted forth that he had not expected, causing his brain to fire into overdrive to power through the ponderous and lethargic mood that ate at him. A young man like him with orange hair, how strange he thought, but not strange enough to not be real. Gloves of his featured razored talons, retracted, giving way to leather clad fingers with exposed arms teeming with scars running up and down each, telling of the sort of history the white and garbed teenager had.

You had me at 'Shik', but I guess Shikyu works fine. Greetings fellow Chuunin?... Monzaemon Marushijūkyū, yes? It's a pleasure though…kek, I suppose I might know the way out but I am awful at directions.” He would announce, lurching forward, he rarely stood or moved in a way that expressed his years of martial expertise. His eyes caught notice of the fine trinkets adorning his arm and neck, it was quite bizarre, he admitted to himself but felt too much shame and self loathing to allow himself to judge the male, favorably or unfavorably. The Cronopolis always served to ground him, reminding him of the dichotomy of mankinds nature’s and how duplicitousness was necessary in all things.

But wait, there was…more? His mind fired off again as he turned to look at the fellow of this one, standing on one leg he'd prepared to take a step back in the direction of a shadow cast behind him in a bid to use his surroundings to avoid a potential ambush from two persons of allegiance was truly unknown to him but then he saw her. The lacerations, a hard life this one was born but alive they were, like this one he was. Expressions seemed so hollow to him, the very notion a person could lie made it difficult to truly trust anyone, which was why he never removed his mask.

Or rather his face.

However he wasn't addressed by this one, and thus he merely briefly looked at Miru like a silent Raven perched on a branch, before turning to Shikyu finally, able to find enough agitation in his guts to ask “Maybe not as lost as you once thought…or perhaps both of you are lost…kek?” he chirped with a choked laugh as he would ask before adding “Everyone is lost really…they just don't know it yet.” He whispered giddily to himself, though cautious he was, he was he was resolutely unconcerned with a reserving his own life, merely taking little joy in observing people.

[mft]
[WC: 510]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indeed, a familiar face! Yet, it has been quite a while.

"Miro!" Shikyu exclaimed, turning to face Miro when she arrived. "Wow... Miro! How long has it been?" Shikyu asked, trying to, in his mind, compare Miro's current height to when they first met. "You've... grown. You're so much taller than when we first met! Oh and no, we are not acquaintances - I was just lost, and was just asking these group of people for directions."

Shikyu smiled. He wondered if Miro would find him odd - he has became very different from when they first met, back when he was still pretty much a blank slate. Now, his personality have greatly developed, even if his skills has not. It has been a while now, but unfortunately Shikyu has yet to really progress with his self discovery. He turned towards Sukejuro, who had prior to Miro's arrival, revealed himself to be a fellow Chuunin. The statement by Sukejuro caught Shikyu off guard for a second, but with a mental head-shake, Shikyu recovered himself. It just happened to hit close to home for Shikyu - though unknowingly to the orange-haired Chuunin, all three Shinobi present were truly indeed lost in their own ways. Perhaps it is like ends that attract each other, rather than opposite ends - ironic given Shikyu's mastery over the magnetic forces. However, this mastery was still a hidden innate talent that Shikyu had yet to discover, so perhaps he could be forgiven for this.

Shikyu's eyes trailed towards the skies above, before returning their gaze towards Sukejuro. "You are certainly right. About me being lost at least. Though, I am not sure if I can be more lost than I already am." Shikyu stated, with a light chuckle. "I mean more than physically of course, I think that's obvious by now." He continued, looking more serious now, mixed in with just a tad bit of dejection. "I've had amnesia for a year now. Or more, not too sure. I don't really keep track of time. All I know is, for a long time now, no new memories have returned to me, and I am beginning to feel like I will never recover my memories. And that... at first that does not concern me. But now..."

Shikyu sighed. "I really don't even know, actually, if I am concerned about it or not now. Maybe I am, but maybe I don't care about remembering my past life. I... don't even know that."

That. Was. Quite a rambling.

Just what did the old man and the child think? Or the other stranger? Or Sukejuro or Miro?

Shikyu realized then and there that one thing that he had never change since his awakening, was that he did not speak much. It was often to the point and frank. This... this was a rare case when he really just let his heart pour out, whether it was appropriate for the situation or not.

OOC:
[MFT, WC: 502]

[EDIT: Fixed the colors. Couldn't stand broken code.]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Soft hues glanced at the masked man who ignored her grasp for attention. Intriguing for him to ignore her, though thinking was cut short from Shikyu’s words. It had been awhile since Mirō encountered Shikyu, he seemed more talkative than before. Disheartened to hear that no progress was made on reflecting his past. Lending her heart out to him ‘In time Shikyu, I know you'll recover them.’ Understanding how frustrating it is to yearn for something that denies your beck and call.

Mirō had done a lot of ‘growing up’ in the last two years of her life. Discovering her family's history, to even working hard every day to achieve genin. A lot had changed, even her viewpoints on other people. Past trauma and the suspicious of ill-intent from others had molded her mindset into a game of chess. Each encounter will be met with an obstacle that one would have to overcome to advance further. Upon encountering the mysterious man he still had yet to reveal his name to Shihyu or herself. Never imagining Shikyu would be such an open book she did remember him being talkative. ‘Awfully trustworthy…’ Mirō thought to herself, standing straight she gestured towards the man. “We haven’t lost our sense of direction from our goals.” Turning towards Shikyu to show him support in his endeavour, turning her sympathy into a kind joke. “Though Cronopolis can be maze-like for some, I trek through here quite often.” Turning to face the masked stranger. “I’m Mirō Kagami.” Flashing a smile at the stranger. “Cronopolis is a novel of misfortunate poetry that tugs on the heartstrings. Not many from wealthier villages come here for fun.”

Mirō’s express return to its calm demeanor while her eyes subtly looked the stranger up and down. The mask tied up nicely with the rest of his darker attire, unusual for a normal civilian to wear. “Speaking of which, there has to be a reason why you’re in this trench with us. Shikyu’s lost, I’m familiar with Cronopolis. What about you… What’s your story? Even your name?” Golden eyes looked toward the mysterious figure. Never being taught manners Mirō was more blunt than others.​

WC:361

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ambiance

Ambiance

The waking hours felt long and though arguably he ought to have felt lethargic and yielding, there was a tender spark that gave to a chain reaction of manic excitement and reliving of melancholic memories which dragged him from the darker places. His mind reeled at the thought of déjà vu as he stood in the midst of a peer he had never met and a little one that reminded him of a mask he no longer had anymore.

The others with Sukejuro seemed to freeze up like the Shinobi himself, observing anyone outside their close knit community with fright and suspicion, only lax enough from the fact they had a native of this place with them. “You’re here, how can you be lost?” His head cocked as he had a failure understanding “Will you repeat your mistakes, is that your concern? Seems you still live, can’t be so bad.” He explained as he walked a few feet away to look up at the grey clouds “You’ve moved past a fear of the unknown, in spite of the likelihood of pain or fear. You did not whither and die, and you have much more time to make…yes?” he hummed to himself, soft light glinting off his mask “Suffering is core of ambition, the well off just living to die. So miserable.” He muttered as he concluded the stream of consciousness.

Finally the scarred soul that ignited melancholy and invigoration in his emaciated mass of skin, flesh, bones and meat into a long unfelt sense of anticipation that he’d not felt since his attempt, and failure to procure students. Flattening his lips together, embarrassed by his failures before letting himself remember failure was his legacy. “Chuunin, Horigome Sukejuro. I’ve lived here since…” he paused, remembering the day he burned down his foster father’s home “Well, since I was your age, yes?” he'd chuckle “If you wanna get out of here I can show you the way, sometimes some people never stop being lost.

(330 wc)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It took a while for Shikyu to piece together whether the stranger was referring to his lost-ness in a literal, or in a more figurative sense. Shikyu settled on the latter. It was probably his fault, introducing the idea of both being lost physically and literally into his previous train of thought. Both Miro and Sukejuro were right though, even if they spoke about it differently. Alas, the truth is - Shikyu was happy to be alive, and whatever the challenges ahead, he knows that he wants to live. So perhaps, that should be enough?

Shikyu listened as Sukejuro introduced himself, but then... a pause. Then immediately after, Sukejuro had offered to show Shikyu the way out. Which, Shikyu still wanted, but... well, Shikyu was just all too familiar with that trailing off. There was more to that story, for sure, but Sukejuro had refrained from delving into it further out of his volition. Like Shikyu, Sukejuro was probably too used to people not understanding his story, and decided that it was easier to just not talk about it.

Well, now Shikyu was intrigued. Before that though.

"I think I will be alright, I would hate to intrude on you and your friends if I do not have to. I have my friend Mirō here now, she could probably help me out. Although..." Shikyu turned towards Mirō, with a questioning look on his face. "What are you doing here anyways? I see you have a Kumogakure forehead protector now... does that mean you are a Genin? But then I should have seen you around... wait, does that mean... something different?" Shikyu raised one eye, wondering if Mirō has indeed made it into one of the other branches of Shinobi-ship. If that was true, that would be very interesting.

OOC:
[MFT, WC: 298]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
What is he getting at?’ Mirō’s black hair shifted. Her body turned to look up at Shikyu who decided to intrude on her status. After she had achieved genin her time spent at the academy halted. Seemingly vanishing from thin air, like a true kunoichi in her mind. Meeting Shikyu again after all this time felt strange, that much was true. Lips remained sealed at the idea of sharing her new branch. It was a subconscious thought that she didn’t want to step on anyone's toes so early in her career. Pondering momentarily if Shikyu was trying to oust her already. Perhaps his child-like innocence was the best of him. The latter swayed her decisions.
“I’ve been genin for a while now. I have been carrying out sub-contracts for other chuunin around the mountain areas.” A smile traced over her soft lips. The guilt swelled within her chest. Posting a mental note in her brain to apologize to Shikyu next time. “I’ve been quite busy and luckily landed in Cronopolis to see you.” Diverting Shikyus question into another direction. Sukejuro spoke in tongues in Mirō’s mind. The way he phrased his words made her ponder the question. The masked man understood pain, molded by it like she however it had consumed him. Mirō had matured from her past and thankfully the ones around her showed compassion. Sukejuro must’ve been well versed in misfortune to be lurking in Cronopolis. “Though I need to find a place to sell some junk. That’s what I was going to ask the child about.” Gesturing behind her at the man coddling the boy. “No luck though. Sukejuro, do you know where one is?” Shifting her stance to face Sukejuro, those devastating gold eyes peering into his reflective lenses on the mask. Surely he must know since he understood the energy within Cronopolis enough. “Can you lead me there? From there I could take Shikyu back and get a deeper understanding of this place.”
WC:328

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Shikyu, is that you?" A familiar voice rang out.

Shikyu turned to face the direction of the voice to see Monzaemon Sendatsu, his, er... 'father'. Kind of. Well no, definitely not, but close enough. Or is it? Shikyu was not too sure. Either way. Sendatsu was his father figure. There. That is definitely correct now.

Anyways.

Sendatsu bowed very slightly as Sendatsu approached, before questioning the elderly Shinobi. "Sendatsu, what are you doing here?"

Sendatsu stopped in his track for a little bit, pondered, then continued to lumber his way over. As a very old man, he was probably not as mobile as he used to be, unfortunately. Shikyu had often wondered what Sendatsu was like in his hayday. Prior to becoming old. Once Sendatsu got close enough, he responded. "Oh, I just had a few things to do here. Y'know. As part of my work and all that. Many people live here in the Cronopolis, you know. Unlike you, who let me guess... is lost again?"

Shikyu blushed. Yep. Definitely blushed. It was true. Sure, he might also be metaphorically lost as per Sukejuro's suggestion (or found, Shikyu still was not too sure what the guy meant), but one thing was clear - Shikyu was definitely not meant to be here in the Cronopolis at the moment. Well no, that still does not sound quite right. Maybe this meeting was meant to be? Shikyu did not intend to end up in the Cronopolis today.[/i] There. That makes sense now.

Anyways, Shikyu nodded and Sendatsu sighed. "Young one... whatever your merits, your sense of direction is... appalling, to say the least." That, was followed by a laugh. A hearty laugh, meant to goad Shikyu, but not meant to truly hurt him. "Well, I am heading back home. Care to follow?"

Shikyu looked at Sukejuro, and then at Mirō. He pondered, then turned to Sendatsu. "Sure."

With that, Shikyu turned towards Sukejuro and Mirō again. "Well, nice to meet you." Shikyu first addressed Sukejuro, and then to Mirō: "Nice to see you again! Well, I am often around our main headquarters. So if you are around, hit me up any time!" And then, back at Sukejuro again: "And you too. You did say you are a fellow Chuunin, right? Well, I'll see you around then, hopefully."

With that, he bidded them adieu, and followed Sendatsu off.

OOC:
Apologies, gotta go do things outside of the Lightning Country. XD

[Thread entered and left with NPC Monzaemon Sendatsu.]
[Thread left with NPC Monzaemon Marushijūkyū.]
[MFT, WC: 395]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back