Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Exploring - Semi-open

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aya had been spending her time at the academy since that is where she lived for now. The dorms were nice, and after a few months, she was moved into a room of her own, since the room before was a temporary stay until a room opened up. It was a small room, a bed, a desk, a small closet with a very narrow walkway. They seemed to try to give both privacy, at the same to fit as many rooms into one building. Aya also was given a small allowance, but as soon as she got to Genin rank, she'd have to earn her own money. She had enough to buy food, and some extra things.

Aya liked being alone in her room, but it was too cramped to spend too much time in there, so she'd often explore the academy. Aya was walking past the classrooms, glancing into any open door she could. Classes had been going on, but she had yet to take one since she had only just enrolled into the academy recently. She felt like she was going to do much better than her classmates, maybe that was just her ego talking.

Aya made her way into the training facility that was on site. Usually, she went to the Nimbus Delectatio to train in the quiet forest, but this place wasn't too bad either. She could probably train here, and for longer since it was closer. But it was easier to get distracted by other students here.

[topic created]
[PM to enter]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Ehh... I might as well get some studying in...' Eiji spoke within himself as he laid in bed in the early hours of the morning. The Classes were in at the academy but he didnt have any scheduled today. It was a nice day out, as the breeze rolled through his window, this was one of the last days he would be at his home with his parents, he was set to move into the house with Ryuichi and Uri. His father and mother knew it would come but being selected to join the trials for ANBU. Though, he knew it would be hard... he'd read that ANBU was the hardest branch to get into. 'This is going to be a pain... but I guess, I'll only be used when its absolutely necessary...' nodding to himself he'd pack some food for the day, he thought he would be studying for a while...

The sun seemed to creep over the horizon steadily as he made his way through the crisp air, the village seemed to be calm today. It was nice for the chocolate skinned boy. Eiji always wondered why he didnt see many people like him around the village but then he looked at his family... and the recent influx of people. A man by the name of Umashi looked similar to his cousin back in Iwagakure. So, maybe he wasnt so alone, and they seemed to thrive in these types of climates at least, so it didnt really worry him too much...

At the Academy, lugging his backpack and dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie, Eiji would go first to the library to collect some books on Genjutsu and Ninjutsu as well as imbuement of weaponry. He was spreading his study would keep his mind clear, and as he did he would find a spot to read. Which on this day would seem to be the railing which overlooked a small path leading into the academy. He'd not been here for too long before he caught Aya from the corner of his eye. A pretty girl he'd met outside the village during one of His father and his sabbatical away from the village... 'What was her name?... Mya? Tya? No... Hm... Oh, Aya... yeah that was her name...'

"Oi Aya-san.", he'd speak looking down at her from over his shoulder his opposing side holding the book and keeping his balance on the ledge. "You here to study?"

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aya was a small girl, maybe just about average for her age. Fair skin, almost paper white, but not flawless, since small brown freckles could be seen anywhere her skin was showing. Her long orange hair was a bit messy since she didn't bother to brush it after getting up. She wore the baggy green jacket, as usual, paired with black shorts, a tank top, and knee-high boots.

As she was walking she heard a voice call out her name, she turned with a smile. She didn't know who exactly it was, but she smiled right away anyways. She saw a boy, who'd she met before. Ji? His complexion was quite the opposite of her own, quite different than other people she's seen here.

He was above her on what seemed to be an outdoor area, she couldn't really tell from where she was, but it had the railing. In a place such as this, there were many ledges, cliffs, and not many hills. It was one or the other, flat, or cliff.

Aya blinked at his question, then shook her head. "Long time no see Ji, and no I was just walking around." she explained, she then put up her finger, and approached the ledge. She was fairly agile, so scaling the ledge was easy. She used a nearby rock to run up and leap towards the rail. Once she was close enough, she grabbed the rail, then threw her legs over, and sat on top of the rail. She had always been able to jump, climb, and move with ease.

"I actually live here on campus," Aya said then pointed toward a building nearby. "the dorms." she said, then she looked back at Ji. She had a smile on the whole time, and a happy tone of voice. "You're here to study right?" she asked in return, though she could be wrong, it was worth a try to ask anyway.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Bobbing his head up and down for a moment, it was almost rhytmic with Eiji, everything he did had a sense of flow to it. He liked to dance a bit, nothing spectacular but thats what it would look like to others. His body was always in a motion of moving and grooving. Without rhyme or reason he would move unlike most people even when sitting still. So when he answered Aya, he'd smile for a moment, another rarity especially with his demeanor. "Ah, Yeah... Still getting used to everything 'round here?", he'd retort to her smile and 'just walking' statement. Eiji thought Aya was cool, cool in the sense that she was one of the rare girls that werent fiending over boys these days. Such a hassle those women were, he liked the... minimalistic girls. Ones who looked nice but kept it 'tranquilo'. Aya was... Maybe. Though, Eiji wasnt in the mode of fiending over women either... not at this stage in his life...

"Oh...You live here? Thats coo' I'd forgotten there were dorms here. I'd been living with my moms and pops, didnt think anything of it... but now I'm moving into to a house of training. Sometime soon I'll be moving out and officially saying bye to my folks... Seems strange. Yanno?", tilting his head his voice came off like a smooth rasp tone, he was still a bit of a tenor as his voice hadnt fully dropped, but that was neither here nor there. Though, Eiji would continue to respond after a moment...

"Eh... yeah, ya caught me. I'm tryna get better with my Doton and maybe even some Genjutsu. What about you? What is your specialty even... like... do you have plans after the academy?", closing his book he'd thrust it in his bookbag so that he could give her his fool attention, as he was raised with the notion of not being a dweeb and trying to multi-task when someone was directly speaking to you. He could hear his mother's words ringing in his ears after the thought crossed his mind but he'd shake it as a, 'Yes Ma.' response.

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aya nodded to Ji, she was still getting used to things here, this place was different from where she came from, it was happier, but with more rules. it seemed like a simple exchange though, follow the laws, and in exchange, you have a safe place to live. Though she was training to become a peacekeeper in that thought, she'd be helping to protect the village, in return she'd get paid. She didn't know everything about it, but it was simple, and its what she'd done before to survive.

Ji had a weird way of speaking, but she didn't mind it. Though it kinda felt like a rhythm, he was bobbing his head as if there was a beat. She liked it, maybe because it was different, and made things feel a little more relaxed. He said he was moving out of his parent's place, and into a place of training. She wouldn't understand that strange feeling, since she had been living on her own, or more like sleeping where ever for as long as she could remember.

"Oh? That sounds like fun, livin' in a house of training. I'm just living in the dorms until I can afford to live somewhere else, they're cramped, but its better than sleeping in a box." Aya stated, she fully planned on getting out of the dorms as soon as she could, but she'd need some sort of income, which meant missions. SHe wanted to wait until she was a Genin before she started missions. It was strange to think about, she has had people take care of her, but not the same people, they came and went. Soon that's what she did as well, she never stuck to one home, because it felt strange. Maybe it was the same feeling? She didn't want to talk too much about parents, and living situations.

Ji closed the book he'd been reading, and put it away, she didn't mind too much, but it was a nice gesture. "OOoo Genjutsu sounds Mischievous." She stated, she learned that word recently, using big words made her feel smarter. "I have been practicing Taijutsu, but I've learned a few wind style Ninjutsu." She explained, "As for plans, I think I'll look into it later. I know there are branches to think about, but I haven't decided." SHe said with a grin. She just wanted to gain power, and become stronger, so she had more of a chance of surviving. She felt like she was getting there, the more she trained, the more she discovered about herself.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Eiji couldnt help but smirk at the thought, sleeping in a box reminded him of those crappy tents Eiji's father liked build when they left the village on their short stints. That might be the equivalent to what Aya spoke of. However, Aya had overcome alot of adversity in her becoming a shinobi thus far. She was stronger than Eiji in the sense she had more real world experience to date... but she was still full of smiles. He respected that... or maybe he was just naive.

"Ah, well once we hit Genin, I'll be picking up alot of missions... 'cause Genin pay aint worth a dime... but the more missions I pick up da quickah I can get to Chuunin. Thats where the fun comes in. Bettah Missions, an' Bettah pay.", he'd raise his hands in a sort of way that he'd be rubbing his thumbs against their respective index and middle fingers. One of the global signs of 'money' or 'Dough'. He still seemed to be subtly dancing a bit, or rather rhythmic with his gestures, as he talked, the flow of his body to the words he spoke were like a calm spring of water flowing down a clear stream. It seemed just natural. And it was... and the smiles he was getting from Aya only made him more comfortable.

"Heh, Genjutsu is mischievous... I'm working on some stuff, but I need to figure out things, cause I wanna be a master of interrogation. So Genjutsu would be an asset to me. And the village...", nodding he would roll his shoulders, "Taijutsu? Man... I bet you'd kick some serious ass if someone came at you sideways! Heh! I know I wouldnt mess with ya. But maybe we can train someday? Maybe you could show me some of those moves ya got.", though getting back to the conversation he'd smile to Aya.

"Yeah... I might just go Main Force. Medical isnt my thing... and ANBU. Man, I dont know... But I guess thats why we're taking these classes...", nodding he'd wait for her to respond... Maybe there would be something else on his mind if she peaked his interest enough, who knew...

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aya nodded, money made the world spin. "Yes, that is the main goal right? Get the money." SHe stated, though that wasn't truly the main goal, it was definitely a big part though. "The other main goal is to make sure this place stays safe." She stated and nodded, though if it couldn't stay safe, she doubted they'd get paid much since the village would have other things to worry about. Ji seemed to get into a real good rhythm, it made her want to get into a rhythm too, but she probably couldn't look as cool as him.

Aya blinked when he talked about interrogation, she never thought of using genjutsu like that. Though she wouldn't use Genjutsu for that, she'd use a more barbaric way... Genjutsu might ensure the subject doesn't die, but whats the fun in that? "That sounds like a good idea, Interrogation skills are essential." She stated, deciding not to say what she thought out loud. She smiled and gave him a thumbs up with her words. When she got older she could use other ways to get answers, though for now, she didn't have to worry about it.

Aya's grin seemed to grow when Ji mentioned she could probably kick someone ass, she hopped off the railing to stand. She was a few inches shorter than him, but her ego seemed to grow six feet tall. "You wouldn't know the half of it." She, she has done what she needed to survive thus far, though she had more losses than wins under her belt, but who wants to hear about losing fights? "I wouldn't mind fighting you, though I'd expect you to give it your all, and not treat me like a girl." She stated bluntly, she didn't think he would, but she liked to be straight. Most people thought of small girls as weak, and helpless, which was something she would do her best not to be. "I wouldn't mind showing you a few moves, but I'm still learning, so there isn't much." She only recently learned the proper way of Taijutsu, she was using a very sloppy, and half-assed way before. SHe never had access to teachers, and books before either so now she could, and she already had the strength to do it too.

"I don't want to be a medic either, I am kinda interested in ANBU, but who knows. I wouldn't mind just staying in the main branch, doing the general things." Aya said with a nod, she then looked towards the academy, she wasn't sure just yet, but time would tell what she was meant for. She differently planned on earning her stay here, she liked it here, since it felt more stable. At the same time, she didn't want to try, so she was forcing herself to do it. For the future, it was best if she tried, and made a home here, she probably wouldn't get another chance later down the line.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Yeah... I jus' dont wan'it tah, get to my head. Mo' Money Mo Prollems.", nodding again he had to shake his speech but he was lazy to the fact that he didnt care enough that people might judge him on it. He was a skilled boy, more skilled than many his age. And that wasnt to the fact that he knew more jutsu, or managed himself to wield many weapons. No, He was skilled to the fact that he knew what to use, when to use it, and how to use it. He was a smart boy, enough to spur notions of prodigy in him but he nyx'd that thought with his effort levels. He wasnt trying to be anything more than his destiny would allow at this point in his life. And thats all that mattered to him... In terms of his clan, he knew that he would have to put in work for the head spot, however, that was a personal goal of his. Everything else was secondary.

"Yeah, Interrogation, Intel gathering... but whatever comes my way I'll take it... I'm not sold on any one thing just yet.", catching his twang in its place as he spoke, there was definitely much more to lead his thoughts more down the road of Aya. She seemed like she was enjoying herself around him, and he didnt think she was a pain to be around. Actually quite the opposite. Though, now wasnt the time to be thinking like that, at best he knew he had a good friend in her. And thats all he really wanted, a chance to have friends. Be friends. Move through this life as effortlessly as could be, but the last portion would seem to be the one that would give him the most trouble out of life...

"Tch, I'll fight you as hard as you wish... My pops always said, 'In the field of battle, if ya fightin' a gal, she's to be taken like the most hellish demon you've faced.' But, you're definitely not a demon or anything like that... jus' Yanno. I dont wanna hurt you cause we're supposed to be partners... and such.", bouncing his head up and down once again keeping his rhythm and motioning now with his shoulders. Though, he would speak out, "Well, my moves all deal with the motion in ya body, so first we'd have to teach ya how to dance.", smirking Eiji would roll his shoulders back one time, though that motion would roll down his body through his stomach and down into the ground under him.

"Eh, general things seem a bit boring... I know I'm a lazy guy... but watching the gates for... ten hours a day?! Gotta be trippin or smokin something to catch me staying awake that long! Haha."

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aya didn't really agree with his statement, more money for her, meant fewer problems since most of her problems were caused by the lack of it. It didn't make sense to not want a lot of money, money meant food, a home, items, wants, and sometimes even people. She decided to keep her thoughts to herself, and just nod. SHe was mostly nodding to acknowledge his thoughts, even if she didn't agree. Her smile faded only for a moment while she pondered on it, but it returned after she decided not to say anything.

"We have enough time to decide where we want to go. I have used mostly Taijutsu my whole life, so it'll take time for me to decide if I want to blend in more ninjutsu, or just stick to taijutsu." Aya stated with a shrug. She did want to learn more Ninjutsu, but Taijutsu has helped her stay alive this long. Maybe more ninjutsu or even genjutsu would increase her odds of survival. It was more or less what could make her strong enough to survive and defeat her foes. Maybe she'd find something absolutely amazing later down the line.

Aya grinned when he said he'd fight her, though she liked what his grandpa said, she thought it should be more towards anyone in general. It was easier to kill a monster than a human. "If we ever fight, don't worry about hurting me, I doubt you could kill me, but whats the point of sparing if you hold anything back. We can always fight next to the hospital if you're too worried." She stated with a small chuckle, she believed sparing with full strength would help them to become stronger, and more able to fight enemies.

Aya's smile turned into a more awkward smile when he said she needed to learn how to dance. That sounded like fun, but she wasn't the dancing type, at least she didn't think she was. She waved both her hands "I uh- I don't dance..." She stated, shifting her gaze to the side, and placing her hand on her neck. She felt almost embarrassed about dancing since she really had never done it.

Ji made her think more on the main branch, he was right, that did sound boring, she was all for doing something that'd be safe, but she felt like she wasn't cut out for a normal life. She wanted adventure, fighting, and just make something for herself. ANBU was pretty strict, but it felt more enticing than the main branch, "I might go for ANBU." she stated, she was still looking to the side, but she was honest. ANBU life would also give her an excuse to not get into romance, relationships, or even a family. Since generally they cut all that out, in order to better serve the village.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Taijutsu was never something I was too good at... but Ninjutsu was my sweet spot..", nodding he would think about things a bit, she was good with those hands... Maybe she was good with so-... he had to cut off that thought, especially after looking Aya up and down from the corner of his vision. Trying not to give himself away, but alas, He would attempt to get away from the situation, his eyes would keep looking, but not gawkingly. Just Noticing her. In the way, a boy just begins to see how 'interesting' a girl is. Simple curves and simple movements. Things a boy going through puberty would begin to notice...

"Eh, I doubt I would even want to kill you. But, we'll get a one on one soon enough. I wanna face you when I'm at my best.", motioning with his head and bobbing it up and down as he would slowly pick up his bag only to sling it over his back in one swift motion. Totally Badass Anime Style. 'I'm so cool... Heh.' Though without even noticing he'd dropped his books over the ledge to the ground below... totally not cool. "Shit Man... I was tryna be epic." shaking his head and huffing out. "Oi, we'll spar soon but... You might have to outsmart me to be an ANBU. Thats no easy task...", feeling himself a bit in the notion that he'd truly feel as if he were one of the smartest students in the academy.

"I'll catch you later Aya. Dont slack up... Else I'll put ya on ya ass.", he'd speak only with a smirk as he leapt over the ledge to get his books before heading out...

[Topic Left]

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aya nodded to him. Ninjutsu just wasn't her thing, she could work on it and make it better, but why fix something that isn't broken? She knew a few Ninjutsu, she'd probably learn more. She would see if she actually like the new ninjutsu, or not. She wouldn't mind being a complete taijutsu user, it peaked her interests a whole lot more than some fancy ninja magic - well saying it that way made it seem a whole lot more interesting. Her problem was, she couldn't do hand signs while holding a weapon, it'd be practical to learn, but why practice something she didn't plan on using? at least not yet anyway. Aya was too deep in thought to even notice Ji checking her out, not that she cared really.

Aya grinned when he said he doubted he'd want to kill her, that was a good compliment in her mind, seeing how everyone always wanted to kill someone out in this world. "I'm glad to hear that. I'd like to face you at my best as well, but it might take us a while to get there. Who knows?" Aya replied with a shrug. It could take day, months, years, maybe even decades to become their best. She planned on becoming good fast though. How she is now would not due.

Ji tried looking cool by swinging his bag over his shoulder, but it popped open, spilling his books all over the ground below. It took Aya a moment before she started giggling at him. "Smooth." She taunted, though it didn't make him less cool to her. Just more silly to her. She watched him pick up his books, she didn't help since she knew he could do it. Maybe some other reason. "That WILL be easy." She stated to him saying she'd have to outsmart him, maybe she was being cocky, but she liked a good challenge. Plus she also liked taunting people, it was sometimes easy to get under someone's skin, and make them mad. Sometimes.

"I won't slack off, you better not slack off either." Aya said as he took off, she waved and gave him one final smile.

Once Ji was gone, her smile faded as well, alone again, and back to pondering what to do next. Aya started walking back to the dorms, probably to get ready to train. "Once I become ANBU, I won't worry about people..." She muttered under breath. She knew anyone she became friends with here would leave, die, or just straight up disappear eventually. It was better to avoid relationships at all. It was harder said than done, but she really did like Ji. Which made her feel like she should just break away, and become a shadow.

Aya sighed, and went into the dorms to get ready, training and punching things always helped clear her mind and keep her motivated. Tomorrow would be another day, and one day she'd find what she wants, for now, she'd focus on becoming stronger.

[Topic left]
[mft]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back