Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Extracurricular Opportunity

Uchima Shoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Well, the ice was unexpected. One moment Shoma was bouncing in place, staying light on his feet, and the next moment he was landing hard on his ass, the ground beneath him having turned to ice. To say the effect was jarring would be an understatement. The fog rolling in afterwards was almost more alarming, made even more so by Toshi's apparent disappearance. Shoma began to panic as he rolled to the side, off the ice, and stood up. He couldn't see more than a couple of feet in front of him, let alone spot where Toshi had gone. He searched frantically, mind racing to determine where the boy might have gone, or what he might be planning. Suddenly, he realized he'd been warned of just this kind of situation.

"A stealthy ninja is a dangerous ninja". He must be hiding, maybe he's setting a trap.

Splashing in the direction of the lake was nearly enough to draw Shoma in until he took a moment to think and realized,

Toshi seems better than that. He wouldn't just walk into the lake. But that means there's something there making the sound...or he's hit me with a genjutsu...either way, I should probably stay away from the lake. Let's see if I can be dangerous too.

Shoma took the cue from his opponent, and crouched down, stepping lightly in the opposite direction from the lake. He still didn't know where Toshi was, but he was certain he didn't want to be lead right into a trap, so the best solution he could think of was to do the opposite of what it seemed he was being tempted to do. He hoped Toshi hadn't thought that far and didn't expect him to move away from the sound.

Shoma crept around, making what he estimated to be a large circle around toward where he'd last seen Toshi. He was sure he wouldn't find the boy just standing there, but hoped he might be able to approach from a position Toshi didn't expect and get the drop on him when they eventually ran into each other.

He knew he probably wasn't being quiet enough. Every now and then he'd kick a rock or his foot would sink into a little mud and come out with a soft sploosh. He did his best to minimize those little sounds, hoping it would be enough. If it wasn't, well at least it was good practice.

As he neared the general area that he estimated Toshi to be in, he ran over what he would do if and when he ran into the boy.

I'll get one shot at best. If I can, I need to hit him while he doesn't see me, or at least catch him before he has time to react. I'll go for that low sweep he threw at me last time, and try to get him on the ground. Then I'll go for a pin. That should be enough to end the spar. If it doesn't work, well I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Last edited:

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi stayed crouched, adjusting the ninja wire as he saw fit. He didn't know if his trap would work, but for a first attempt, he was pretty confident.

The clone of Toshi was almost ignored completely. Either Shoma wasn't aware of it, or he had already seen through Toshi's strategy. The boy knew Shoma would be a great ninja from his ability to perform under such conditions. The clone began to listen out for any trace of Shoma. It began to move away from the lake and closer to the battlefield.

Toshi listened out for Shoma, keeping his ears alert for any sounds that were made. He continued to prep his trap, creating a slippery surface around the bench. If Shoma came too close to the park bench, the icy path would ensure Shoma would slide right into his trap.

Toshi's clone would begin to run towards the park bench. Toshi figured either A) Shoma was somewhere close and would run away from the clone, right into the park bench, or B) Shoma was somewhere distant and would follow the footsteps and fall into Toshi's trap. There was also option C) Shoma didn't fall for any of his tactics. Either way the clone would approach the bench and leap over it, steering clear of the ice laying around it. Fulfilling it's duty the clone would melt away, mid-air. Toshi would raise his hands, allowing a few droplets of water to rinse off a bit of the blood on his hands from the cuts he received while handling the ninja wire. He would have to learn how to properly handle the wire so that he wouldn't hurt himself in a real battle.

Uchima Shoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Shoma crept along, ever closer to the area where he'd last seen Toshi. It was still quite difficult to see, but he'd passed a bench or two and begun to get his bearings based on the spacing. Just as he came to the next bench, one that should be quite close to Toshi if he was correct, he heard what he'd been waiting for.

Rapid footsteps were approaching. A split second after they ceased, Toshi came flying over the bench. Shoma raised his hands to block the flying kick, but was shocked to see Toshi dissolve into so much water, drenching him as it splashed all over him. Shoma cried out in surprise. He'd seen a clone jutsu demonstrated in class, but never had he seen one that dissolved into water.

The encounter made two things instantly apparent. 1) Toshi knew where he was, and 2) There was more to the trick than Shoma had realized.

so much for that

Shoma braced, as he switched directions slightly, knowing that to continue in his original path would be to abandon any hope for stealth. He thought it might help displace him from where Toshi expected him to be.

As Shoma walked to the side, however, he triggered the final trap and knew the spar was all but over. What felt like a thin wire, light as spider silk, made contact with his leg just below the knee. The touch was subtle enough that he didn't realize what was happening quickly enough to change direction, and he wound up taking another half-step, drawing the wire taught. He felt it dig into the fabric of his pants a little, and knew that he had at best an instant to react before the trap was fully sprung.

Unfortunately, he simply wasn't nearly that good yet.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The rinse off felt great, but it was at that moment Toshi noticed Shoma as well. The boy watched as Shoma was drenched in water from the clone. The older boy began to move, Toshi only staying silent as Shoma made his way towards the trap. It looked like he might make his way out of the trap, but alas, his leg became entangled in the ninja wire. Toshi slightly nodded, taking note of how the trap was triggered and how it allowed Shoma down.

He immediately rushed to Shoma's aid, beginning to unwrap the wire and loosen the trap. The mist in the area began to dissipate, revealing the park under the spotlight once more. "You did quite well even though you were blinded by that mist. It's one of my abilities, and I've learned to use my other senses, rather than just my eyes. You didn't let that first distraction steer you wrong. "

The mirrors of ice floated down near Toshi. He cupped this hands once untying the wire, and laid the wire to the side. As the ice mirrors melted, Toshi caught some water with his cupped hands, spreading it across the leg that Shoma managed to get caught in the wire. He would wash away any bruises, cuts, etc... that Shoma received during the fight. It didn't bring him back to 100%, as the boy wasn't a medic, but it did wonders to the aches and pains of the spar. He also splashed himself with the water, washing his face and his own cuts and bruises.

"If I hadn't had that clone draw you in, you would have foiled my plan for sure." Toshi would stand up, feeling a little better after the spar, even though he was still a bit wore out. The light in the area faded a bit after the ice mirrors were removed.

Uchima Shoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Shoma was a little bit disappointed to have been caught like that, but then again, Toshi was obviously more experienced than he was. That had been clear from the beginning.

Thanks, that was a tough fight, you did so many things I've never seen before. That clone freaked me out a little, and it looks like you've got the hang of this ninja wire.

Toshi was washing his leg with water from the ice mirrors as they melted. Shoma was struck by the tenderness of the boy who just moments ago had caught him in razor-sharp wire. It seemed there was a switch in this kid's brain, and that was both comforting and a little scary at the same time.

One moment a killer, the next a healer. Is this what all shinobi are like?

Hey, I really appreciate the spar. I haven't had a chance to fight anyone outside the taijutsu class before. It was really eye-opening. And what you said about a stealthy ninja being dangerous... you were right, and it helped to remember that when you put the mist up.

Shoma thought about how long they'd been out and realized it had probably gotten quite late. He was glad to have met what seemed like a friend, but it was about time for him to get to bed. A Friday thought it was, a ninja needs his sleep.

I think I should probably get home, though. Do you live around here? If you're on the way, we could walk back to your place, and then I'll head on to the boarding house.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Yeah, I hope that spar helps you in the long run. It taught me a few things as well." The boy gave a thumbs up and a grin. Even though Shoma wasn't as experienced as Toshi, the young Yuki learned that everything won't always go as planned when in a battle. And even the smallest injuries can wear you down.

"Ok, if you have to get home you can go ahead. I'm allowed to stay up and stay out, it's ok. I was planning on chilling out here with the water. I'm very close to the element ya know." The park setting was nice, but Toshi wasn't ready to leave just yet.

"But hey, this could be our cool meet up spot. If we ever split up or something, this will be our secret meet up spot. It's a nice place to chill, and it doesn't seem like danger exists around here." Toshi nodded, looking back to the water. He would probably be there until the morning, and then some.

Uchima Shoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
It sounded like Toshi was pretty independent. Not surprising for someone that skilled. He probably had a story to tell, but it would have to wait. Shoma was ready to go home and sleep on what he'd learned.

Alright, well I'll be around. It was really nice to meet you, Toshi, I hope we get to hang out again soon. And yeah, this would make a great meet-up spot. If things ever go south, or we need to meet without drawing attention to ourselves, this will be the spot.

Shoma couldn't quite imagine what kind of situation would require a secret meet-up spot, then again, if he'd learned anything tonight, was that he didn't know much about the shinobi world.

By the way, one last question before I head out. What branch do you plan to join when you're promoted to genin? I've been learning a lot about the branches lately, but don't really know which one to choose. Any thoughts on that?

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm going to become an ANBU. I don't know much about that branch yet, but I do know it's their duty to serve the village." Toshi thought back to when he left to the outer village. There was a masked shadow that watched him leave, and when he made it back to the village, it watched him enter. Maybe if he watched the gates one day, or one night, he could learn more. Shadow a shadow. For now, he'd stick to training hard.

"Serving the village is my priority. The main branch, Genin, Chuunin, Jounin, they sound cool too, and of course they serve the village as well, but ANBU have to be prepared to do the duties that the main branch isn't trained for, like hunting down traitors. If one doesn't have the heart to carry out their duties as a shadow, they should consider another branch." The decision wansn't hard to make for Toshi, as he was one to put the village first, but as he began to form strong bonds with others, he knew that he could get hurt while working in the branch of his choice. He couldn't let his emotions get to him in the long run.

His original decision to stay in the shadows and not make friends sounded like his best bet. He did have a good heart, and the branch wouldn't make him a cold blooded killer, but their were rules to the village to uphold. If it came down to it, he couldn't be afraid to do what he had to do. Toshi continued to look towards the water, his expression reading that he was deep in thought, but he'd give Shoma a grin and a chuckle, realizing he could give off a cold vibe at times.

"But not to worry. Who would really want to betray the village?" Toshi was sure people would have their reasons. "Whatever branch you choose, just make sure you're prepared to carry out your duties." Toshi nodded, the words still stung even himself, but at this point, he was ready for what was to come.

[ MFT | WC:+300 ]

Uchima Shoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The books all talk about Anbu like these cold-blooded shinobi who will track you down and end you if you step out of line. It's hard to picture Toshi like that.

Anbu, huh? I bet you'd be good at it, but it would be pretty tough to be so...cold, I guess. Well, maybe that's not the right word. You clearly have the cold part down haha!

Shoma reached up to scratch the back of his head as he laughed. The thought of Toshi becoming an Anbu had unsettled him just a little.

There are some things about being an Anbu that sound cool, but I don't know if I could do it. I was thinking maybe I'd look at the Medical Branch. But there's a certain simplistic honor to being Main Branch. I guess I'll figure it out later.

Thanks again, Toshi! I won't forget tonight or this spot!

With that, Shoma turned and strode down the street back toward the Maple District and his interim home. He'd meant those last words, this had been a night to remember, and he'd learned a lot. At the very least, Toshi's musings had helped him narrow down his choice of branch.

[TOPIC LEFT]

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi decided that being ANBU would aid him serve his purpose in defending the village, but he wouldn't allow it to take away his personality. "Aye, some people wouldn't be comfortable carrying it such duties, but someone has to do it. It's why you don't see me at the Academy. I wouldn't want to make too many friends."

Toshi waved as Shoma began to depart. "Believe me, I won't forget either Shoma." Toshi felt horrible. He made a friend that was close to his age. He really hoped Shoma wouldn't let him down. He wanted friends, but getting too close to others could distract him from his duties of becoming an ANBU. He would stay true to what he believed in, not wavering from his way of life.

Toshi moved to the edge of the water, looking to his reflection with a cold stare. "There isn't much to worry about. If it comes down to it, ANBU duties come first. Friendships come second. I can't allow myself to be overtaken by emotions." Only staring at his reflection a moment longer, Toshi began to walk across the water. Moving to the center, the boy sat down and began to meditate. A mirror of ice materialized before him. He studied his reflection, wondering if he had what it took to become a full fledged shinobi of duty.

A mist rolled back into the area, concealing the boy within the fog. He would spend his night, and early morning training within the Mist. He would have to overcome his fears if he wanted to progress. He didn't want to stay in the same position for too long. He knew he would have to show his progress sooner or later. He would make the higher ups proud.

[ Topic Left ]
---
Using this entire RP to go for abilities listed below ~

~ Tracker
~ Duelist

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back