Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Fate at Skyfall [Open/free]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Let Skyfall.”

It was the chorus to a song, the title to a movie, a name used to describe a gateway between Iwagakure and some other city. Honestly, Akechi had no idea what he was looking at but as he perched himself up on this flat piece of stone, he was taken aback by the scenery beneath his feet. He felt as if he were in the clouds like a god looking down on his peons, each of the tiny dots begging for his mercy as he afflicted them with curses so that they may pray for miracles. ”Weird. This is a feeling that I’ve never felt before. I can’t put my finger on it though…” Akechi said to himself as he closed his eyes, taking in the slight ray of sunshine as the clouds above parted ever so slightly. The ocean’s breeze even reached the cliffs, the cool winds gently flowing through the air as it filled his nostrils with a scent that resembled somewhat of a natural and industrial scented blend. Compared to the rather harsh climates that Akechi had weathered through the years, he found the weather to be calm… to be perfect.

It was in times like these that Akechi could provide himself with a healthy dose of introspection. As the wind wisped through his newly cut hair, he closed his eyes and began to think about what led him on this journey in the first place… and where this path would eventually take him. There were people that he needed to save, a clan that needed to be restored, and treacherous individuals that needed to be punished. However, as Akechi stood, he was unable to do all of those things. Though he despised the thought of needed another, the young man admitted that he would need allies. He needed people that would unite under a similar goal with similar beliefs, and eventually acquire similar power. It was the only way to combat those that would eventually become obstacles.

After all, this world was founded on the principles of a certain order that needed to be maintained. There was a particular class of people that were in power, and their power stemmed from climbing over the backs of those that laid the foundation for them. Akechi represented a disruption. Perhaps, it was the reason why people looked his way when they wanted anarchy. Perhaps, it was the reason why the world looked at Uchiha in the same manner…

Whether it was fair or not…

Introspection…

A clear path…

A discovery on what path one must take…

[Topic Started]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"It isn't too awful out here, now is it? Quite the nice country you people have. I've spent far too long away from this place and it has flourished. People strive for more and those that sweat, bleed, and move forward reap reward. I do believe this is exactly what most of us strive for and these people do it without wondering otherwise at times."<i></i> He sighed happily as he approached the stranger with no knowledge of his actual ties. He simply assumed him to be a member of this community. He didn't look drastically different enough to say that he was anything else. He simply approached with no desire to hide himself from his potential company. He flicked his wrist as bones beneath his hardened flesh popped. He sat down idly nearby, having disturbed the silence and perhaps even the atmosphere with his mere presence.

"Jealous, really. Quite idyllic compared to what I knew. You're all very lucky. Perhaps, in the future, I may actually get the chance to retire or die here. Who knows? I'm rambling however. It's a pleasure. My name is simply Sarunishi. I'm but a humble businessman in these most violent times. I do hope I'm not interrupting too much."<i></i>

[My apologies for it not being the best of posts, but this seemed like it could be fun]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“You people.”

The comments that slipped through the newcomers tongue almost sent Akechi into a maniacal tailspin of robotic laughter. He honestly assumed that the Uchiha was more of a villager than a wanderer. Not that it was an insult or anything, because as the man said, it was a beautiful country. However, his assumption couldn’t have been farther from the truth. Then again, it also provided him with a bit of insight into the man’s identity as well. ”He’s probably some type of traveler or vagabond similar to myself. Seems like this is a bit of a cultural hotspot these days. I wonder if this is because the frozen tundra formally known as Kirigakure or the political unrest of Konohagakure,” the young man thought, stroking his chin as he continued to look out into the beautiful scenery before him, his spiraling eyes recording the beautiful sights in case he wanted to relive such an experience. Though these people seemed to live in somewhat of a peaceful cultural renaissance, there was much more danger on the other side of the walls that these claimed were guarded by the goddess and her guardians.

”I’m not from here, Sarunishi-san.” Akechi spoke with a sly grin, allowing the man to finish his thoughts before eventually responding to him. Turning toward the man, he revealed the bloodline of the Uchiha in his eyes. ”And I don’t think that this peace is simply generated by sweat and metaphorical blood being shed. I think it has more to do with certain individuals working in the shade, doing what they must do to preserve their ‘peace’ in such trying times. Seems like a stressful undertaking to me.” He had witnessed the shady dealings that the Tsuchikage and his confidant, Souji, constantly seemed to engage in on a daily basis. There was no peace in their eyes. In fact, it seemed as if those two were always on the battlefield, carefully gathering ‘pawns’ so that they could freely attack the ‘King’ without giving up too much in return. Now all that needed to be determined was who they considered the ‘enemy king.’ Not just that but also who was their ‘King.’ Who was it that they considered to be the pillar of their village, and how compliant were they with the shady activities of Souji and Endo-sama.

”My name is Akechi, and I actually appreciate the company. I do wonder though, Sarunishi-san. Are you an arms dealer of some sort? You seem to be a bit ‘more’ than a simple traveler.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I'd say I'm the only arms dealer I know. But I mean, looking like I do tends to make you have to find your own employment.<i></i> Sarunishi chuckled as he stared upwards towards the sky for a bit. He'd catch a glimpse of the other's eyes, but he had no idea of their significance. It was a strange new world for Sarunishi and such things, while becoming more common place, took him a bit more aback than he'd like. "No honourifics are required though. Thank you."<i></i> Taking all the words in and processing them was a bit of a strain in and of itself for Sarunishi. Akechi wasn't from around here, but he had to have either gotten some sort of a deal like he himself had received or he had simply been here for a relatively longer amount of time. He had information that Sarunishi didn't and that wasn't something he was always happiest about.

He lifted his clawed hand towards his face and stroked his chin, contemplating it all for the moment. "I'm sure there are shady individuals everywhere. Not that I'd know, but I can only imagine. Whomever they may be, I'm sure they're doing an exceptional job given your idea of metaphors. I'd say, given my experience, that peace is always stressful for someone."<i></i> He just smiled and let his bright red eyes dance about for a moment before he laid upon his back, bathing in the sunlight. As usual, he was shirtless aside from his hakama. Upon his waist were two belts covered in pouches filled with various things. Otherwise, Sarunishi was relatively unprotected. His ward was elsewhere doing business for him in his stead and he was vacationing back home. Well, maybe. "Though, oddly enough, things aren't exactly...proper around here. All kinds of weird things keep catching my peripheries. Yanno?"<i></i>

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”The only arms dealer you know, eh?” Akechi said to himself, glancing over at the man as he looked up into the sky above. Honestly, he wasn’t too sure what he meant by that but he’d just drop it for now. Whatever the man was, he seemed to have his own agenda for visiting Iwagakure, and it wasn’t just the agenda that this place had assigned to him. Just as Kumogakure before it, Akechi came to the sudden realization of why these two places had been so inviting to him in the first place. They both wanted something from him, and seeing as though he was somewhat of a wanted fugitive, they sought to silently but quite obviously use that as leverage. Sure… Akechi told his story and some people may have believed it, but most of the Kage and Sennin he knew were quite skeptical. They heard it all before…

Which is why all of their offers resemble suicide missions with a “we’ll make it worth your weight gold” clause to it, but ominously feel like a demand or an order than a simple request. At least, that was how Akechi saw it. Villages always came with strings attached. They were a safe zone, they offered protection. However, in return they seemed to make requests that prove beneficial to itself and the political parties involved. It was part of the reason why Akechi wanted to meet the ‘other party.’ He or she’s position ran parallel with Endo’s, and the knowledge that the person represented was something that Akechi found extremely intriguing.

”I guess it depends on how it is obtained.” The man’s words were simple, and he didn’t even try to elaborate on them. Peace was a notion steeped in relativity. It was contingent on a global stalemate that a handful of people agreed upon, based on the notion that any wrong move could cause the obliteration of both parties. It was why Endo seemed so bloodthirsty but refused to act, at least without a proxy, on his lust for Sousuke’s blood. Though Akechi did not know much of the man that used to be his Kage, he knew that he probably felt the same way if he were honest with himself. It was just with that man… well that village altogether…

They were the religious zealot-type people…

”I do hate speaking plainly. It just feels boring.” Akechi chuckled, turning back toward the man as he began to speak of the objects in his “peripheries.” ”I do wonder though. Have you met the Kage of this place yet? I ask because we are in relatively similar situations. I wonder if he’s ‘requested’ anything of you?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sarunishi's mind rolled back and forth in thought as he took in the words of the other man. If he wasn't from this village, as he'd begun pondering already, then perhaps this was one of those opportunities that could make itself exceptionally lucrative. He licked his lips as he continued to engage himself in mental combat with his secondary half. It was always quite the useful tool when dealing with a particularly interesting problem or ideal. He lifted his hands up in the air, fingers moving as if picking apart clouds. He dropped their pieces into his mouth, pantomiming their consumption. It was nothing particularly exciting. All people or perfectly sound mind could do something of such a nature. Regardless, he turned the ideas over in his mind with his compatriot before he came upon a three part solution. Letting his hands fall sideways away from his body, he simply yawned. "I met a man claiming to be so when I arrived. Beyond that, I've had nothing requested of me. I've only offered my services. It's what I do. I see a land full of rabble that reminds me of home and I offer to give aid. For a price. On my terms. So far, those terms have been met. I just need to find it. It's hidden deep down somewhere."<i></i>

Sarunishi chuckled a bit more. If they were in similar situations then perhaps this other fellow had something requested of him since he was curious. "It's obtained the exact same way. People. People do it all. There's no greater resource in this world than people. One, five, ten, hundreds, or thousands. People, strong and weak, are what make peace, war, and otherwise happen, sir."<i></i> His left hand twisted a bit as the bones within popped more. He was getting too fatigued by things. This needed to change. "Supposing you were asked to do something by such a man. Supposing. Perhaps, given our similar predicaments, you'd like to help me run my business? Partners in crime, as it were, fifty-fifty? Mindfully, fifty-fifty for jobs done together or resources of the company allocated for work. Personal business is, and always will be, personal."<i></i> He kept staring upwards for a while longer before closing his eyes. He had little else to really focus on. It truly was gorgeous here.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“A Partnership Proposition”

The man claimed that nothing had been asked of him, but he had voluntarily offered his services before they could even be requested. It was a smart, pre-emptive move. After all, only the bold seemed to survive in this world, and perhaps it was a lesson well learned from this Sarunishi fellow. ”Endo-sama it seems.” Akechi responded, offering a name for Iwain’s illustrious leader. ”I’m tracking down a lead for him. Standard fetch quest, or at least that’s what he would like me to believe.” After all, Endo went through great lengths to keep their meeting a secret. He took him down to some place in the slums along with a bodyguard, and asked him in the middle of nowhere. One doesn’t go through the trouble unless it was something that warranted special attention.

”Fifty-fifty?” A rhetorical question naturally. It really was just filler while he waited for his mind to process the information that had been given to him. Whether he liked it or not, Akechi needed an ally. For what he planned on doing, he wouldn’t be able to do it alone. The trick was making sure that he was able to guide the people he chose without letting them in on his true purpose. Then again, Sarunishi did say that “personal business” was and will always be “personal.”

”I’ll accept under one condition, Sarunishi.” Extending his hand out toward Sarunishi, he attempted to “finalize their deal” with one last term. ”You are the muscle,” he joked, grinning as he offered the man a handshake as a symbolic gesture of a new relationship.

“A business relationship.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Heavens. Then we have a deal. Though, I must warn you, my muscles have atrophied over the years from disuse. However, I have more means to access resources, as it were. I've already got my apprentice wheeling, dealing, and hiring new assets. Everyone loves making money, especially when the work is relatively mundane and non-threatening."<i></i> He just laughed all the more as he took the other man's hand. He had a firm grip as one was likely to have, but he didn't squeeze overly hard or aggressively. Upon hearing that it was some sort of fetch quest and that Akechi had in fact been offered work. "Interesting, though. That seems to be where his aid directed me as well. Well, the aid he required, as it were. Has something to do with some sort of dignitary. Wronged him in some what or something."<i></i>

Partners or not, from this point forward, some things were kept tighter to the chest than others. Akechi would have to prove that he was a worthy ally. Sarunishi expected he would, of course, but he was going to play cat and mouse with his information for now. He wasn't one to hide too many things, but some things were best left unsaid until all information was on the table. "I'm quite curious about that to be honest.. What could he possibly need fetched to deal with someone like that?"<i></i> He'd release his hand and open his eyes ever so slightly to stare up at the clouds. He was quite talkative today it seemed. For now, he would let his companion do more of the talking as he let the words sink in. What all did this Tsuchikage have planned under his hat? Why did he need so many foreigners that he couldn't risk his own people? All questions to be pondered with his internal ally. His secondary had quite interesting opinions to say the least.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Atrophy?”

That was the term of the ‘disease’ that weakened Sarunishi’s muscles because of years of inactivity or misuse. The comment was weird to Akechi, considering that the young Uchiha had a pretty good idea of the man’s physical makeup and chakra level. Making an ally with a weakling simply meant another person to protect, not a mutually beneficial partnership. He was fairly certain that Sarunishi or at least whatever chakra that he had access to was far from weak. The Sharingan could at least give him a somewhat fair assessment of the hidden talents that Sarunishi seemed to hide from plain view.

”Mundane and non-threating yields a lesser reward though. Danger has always seemed a bit more interesting, and where there is risk there is reward… or so I’m told.” Surely after years upon years of being a shinobi, Sarunishi could appreciate a great deal of risk. After all, taking risks is what made the world go round. Experience, even in the middle of his youthful days, had taught him that important fact about the environment that he was raised in. The warriors tended to survive while the innocent became casualties. It was that simple.

”He holds things a bit tight to his chest. I’m sure you can respect that,” Akechi giggled, poking fun at his new business partner. ”But. He did let me know that it was some sort of book… a tome of sorts. The contents of that book are a mystery to me and he wouldn’t tell me, but he did allude to it “moving him in the same playing field as the desert dragon.’ Seems like he’d like to make waves on the political landscape.” But that wasn’t what Akechi found curious. Finding tomes and obtaining power all seemed fairly predictable. However, why he’d allow a foreigner to handle such a task was a bit baffling to him. After all, wasn’t he afraid that Akechi could simply make off with the tome or even use it himself? What reason did he have for taking that risk?

”To be honest, I question why he’d trust me with something like that in the first place. My guess is that he has a partner or at least a person that serves as a parallel foil to the man. I’d reckon that he’d like to silently rid himself of that person.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Mundance and non-threatening allow people unlike ourselves do the jobs they'd like while creating a permanent revenue stream for people like ourselves. We can't be doing all the work. Danger is interesting and rewarding in the world we exist in, but there are countless people who don't have our particular gifts. A dime a dozen. There will be countless times you'll be able to risk your hide for more. Let them play their parts. We'll play ours. I don't dislike easy work from time to time, now do you? Honest, good, achievable work puts food on tables. How do you think all of these villages survive, Akechi? They do the damned same on greater scales."<i></i> Sarunishi cackled a bit as he lifted himself from his back to sit upright. He waved his hands slightly in regards to the comment about holding things close to this chest.

"Business practice. The Tsuchikage is a very savvy businessman. I'm also after a book. Or books. He didn't make it clear. Interesting that it lets him move towards something oriented with the desert. I'd spent a bit of time in the land of Sand before I found my way here. Perhaps he finds you expendable. Perhaps, once you find you it, whatever it is, he'll use you without your knowing. It's pretty easy to make someone like us into the enemy. Scapegoats. All of that. I'd also like to meet such a person. War is about playing every side and making sure that they keep fighting for as long as humanly possible...That's where you profit."<i></i> His eyes narrowed as he spat. He knew it to be true, but he was really not the biggest fan of it. He had bigger plans, but building a machine of war was the first step. Perhaps they were both on very different tests, but for now it seemed like they may very well be on the same pursuit, but for different reasons.

"I'd say you best pursue such a person and find out sooner than later whatever it is they may want. If they prove useless, find someone who isn't...Right?"<i></i> He snorted and laughed a bit more as his eyes rolled about before fixating on another cloud. He reached forth once more and seemed to grab at it, pulling it in then scarfing it down his face before pretending to burp. "I believe there's a lot of money to be made here."<i></i>

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”He’s a savvier business man that I gave him credit for. Seems like he understands the meaning of subtlety as well as brute strength. Seems like I made the right choice, especially considering my lack of experience with these types of situations. Guessing and estimating reactions are a lot less effective than actual experience in said situations, after all.” The man thought to himself, reflecting on the man’s commentary about passive-aggressive tactics and subtlety among village politics. After all, what was Endo’s political posturing if not subtle. ”It’s just more fun when it’s difficult.” Akechi laughed, clearly joking as he turned back toward the city below his feet. ”I agree with you though. Managing risk is managing success after all. It’s a delicate balance, but if we can achieve that balance then we could find power that rivals a village. It’s just about how we manage risk and attain resources.”

Sarunishi was a well-traveled individual. There probably wasn’t too many places that the man hadn’t seen before, which was a serious boon in terms of seeking out certain resources. Of course, Akechi had firsthand knowledge of Sunagakure and its system, but he honestly didn’t feel the need to reveal his origin story… at least not right away. Personal affairs were personal. That was the deal. It was an easy way to maintain trust with one another without delving too much into the shadier aspects of their lives. They were missing nin… mercenaries. They had plenty to hide. Just as they had plenty to share with one another…

”Scapegoat was the word I used too. To him in fact. However, he did promise immeasurable reward and I wanted to get my hands on that tome. Too enticing to pass up. I have a trick up my sleeve if things go south, which he seems to be trying to avoid so I doubt I’ll have to use it.” Kamui was always a pretty good failsafe. Just a bit of private time with the tome was all he needed, after all.

”Ah. So I’m the people person, eh Saru? Honestly, I’ve been looking. I’m sure I’ll meet her soon. At least I’ve narrowed it down to a woman.” And soon, they’d be shipping champagne out of the same glass. Well… not really. There would be a heartwarming conversation though.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I also want to see the contents of said tome. It may be my payment. Well, my up front payment. Seems a whole generation of so worth of information just vanished. No one remembers. No one seems to think otherwise. And it all coincides with my time frame from what I can gather. You see, some Stone was my home. Maybe this one. Maybe on the before the lapse in knowledge. Whenever it was, it very much interests me. But, given that I can see our jobs are otherwise, he just wants me to kill a 'corrupt' official. Likely someone in cahoots with his dear rival."<i></i> Sarunishi also peered down upon the city below and flicked at imaginary targets. Different ideas ran through his mind. His feet twitched as he placed them solidly upon the ground now. Information was more sensitive. He didn't want anyone sneaking up or listening to them otherwise. "Life is always better with difficulty. It helps shape us into who we are. There will be money. People need to die, goods need delivered, people need protected. There is endless work for those willing to risk a little flesh."<i></i> The words boiled out like a baking soda volcano and it was followed by a chuckle, unlike his cackles, and a slap of his knee. He flicked a few more make-believe ordeals out of his mind and tilted his gaze to his partner.

"I'm not exactly the romantic type, my friend. Smoldering hot skin, contagions and pestilence coursing through my veins. Plus, my lack of hair is disconcerting to some. So today, you get to be the people person and I get to dig around. As illuminated as I appear, I'm damned hard to find when I don't want to be found. Here I am, sending out notices to every village that I'm in business and it's all small fry business. Why? Because I didn't want them to find me. I wanted them to be scared that I existed. Apologies. Rambling of course. I'm sure, people person or scapegoat, you'll do a wonderful job since we've now twice as many major boots on the ground, comrade."<i></i> He snorted and leapt to his feet, spinning upon a few toes before really getting a good look at the world below. "I think we've a lot of work soon. Lotta people gonna die. Lotta bodies gonna need taken care of one way or the other. I think a lot of villages are gonna burn."<i></i> Sarunishi's lips curled back as if he was snarling. His eyes had narrowed as he looked out over it all. Some of the masses were already worshiping him like a god due to his body. He'd use that just like everything else to turn a profit.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”So you used to live here? Interesting.” The revelation that Sarunishi once lived in Iwagakure didn’t really surprise him, but it was an interesting thought to know that he was so perplexed by the changes that he had witnessed. It simply didn’t seem to be the place that he thought it was. No one remembers what he had remembered, and there was a lapse of knowledge when it pertained to the world that he had remembered. In many ways, the man was nothing more than a relic of a long forgotten past. However, this information wasn’t what enticed him to go after the tome for Endo…

But power was…

”Well. I’ll do my best to ensure that you get your glance at that tome. I just want the power that it possess, anyways.” Akechi responded, slightly grinning as he looked down at the city below the cliff. ”You should try it again sometime.”

Turning from the hillside, Akechi began to return from which he came. He needed to track down this mystery woman, after all. She was waiting for him. Waiting to be discovered. ”Women I mean. I’m sure I can find you one that has a fetish for “smoldering hot skin and an immunity to pestilence” and what not.” The man joked, waving toward his new ally as he walked off into the distance.

”Just say the word.”

[Topic Left/Unless Stopped]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Used to, potentially, but how do I know? I'm the only one who has the memories that I have. That doesn't do me much good, now does it? Worry not. I've things in the works. I'm a man of industry, my friend. Money does wonders these days."<i></i> Sarunishi laughed a bit and waved towards his ally as he wandered away. "I'll ask you later by what you mean by trying again. Regardless. Take care of yourself. I'd hate to have to replace you because you went off and died. I think they call that rubbish."<i></i> He looked back down upon the village and snorted. He had more attachment here than most anywhere else, but that meant little.

Even Iwagakure would sink into the world if it meant attaining his bigger goals. For now he would bide his time and do the work that he needed to do to get the monetary funds required to do whatever it was he wanted. Riddles in layers in of enigmas hidden inside of questions. His mind wandered as he meandered off in the direction he had come from. Auspicious, really. He had never planned to arrive and ask for a business partner, but the world was odd and he was internally urged by, well, himself at this point. There was little to no separation anymore. If it wished to speak on its own it would. Otherwise, Sarunishi and it were one. It was unlike any of his family nor any other demonic hosts he had found in the world.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back