Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Finding a Trail [SSM]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was late in the evening approaching the village gate Yukio sighed it's tone a mix of tired and relieved at doing something other than looking after the students or dealing with what could only be considered matters of politics bringing thin digits to the edges of his eyes ensuring he could remain awake for the duration of the mission.For many years the Hyuuga had told himself an ANBU's job was never done a captain's even more so experience over the last few years had taught him that much this was never something he complained about however having expected as much and accepting those responsibilities upon entering the role.

Upon his person he carried his normal combat gear keeping himself light and limber to quickly react to any even that could potentially unfold outside the safeguard of the village walls going through the normal process of exiting through the gates before stepping out into the world beyond. Walking down the road a way he pondered his options usually with a mission like this one it wasn't a matter of using a lead to track down a specific target more a matter of thinking of where threats would come from and bringing a stop to them there and then.

If this wasn't an option whether that be to lack of proper information, potential for greater reward for letting them lead him to bigger targets or simply too much resistance to handle alone then the matter fell to simple information gathering not too much of a concern for the captain considering that was his objectives on most missions. With this in mind the easiest place to begin would be the normal pit stop at the taverns scattered along the roads places of respite for the weary traders and Shinobi on long term expositions to and from the land of fire.

The man was quite well known in these places his frequent visits for respite had gained him something of a reputation with the locals more specifically the owners of such establishments usually able to exchange coin for drink and a room in exchange for information of recent events in the area. Walking through the doors he tipped his head forward in casual greeting striding between the tables to take a seat at the bar leaning against the counter a friendly and approachable smile spreading across the Hyuuga's features as the barkeep wandered over to him.

There was a slight moment of silence between the two before they before they burst into laughter a fist bump being shared between them as the Hyuuga took a moment to calm himself before speaking. "Well it's been some time old friend apologies i haven't managed to make it out this far more frequently, I'll take one of the regulars if you would be so kind." Leaning onto the counter there was a brief pause as the drink was brought to him taking a gulp of the beverage before a long winded sigh of relaxation left his lungs.

"So you know the normal business i hate to cut straight to it but time is not on my side i'm sure your used to things being as such however." He spoke in hushed tones knowing full well he wasn't the only one who could be here for such reasons always keeping focus on those behind him tilting his head from side to side every so often to move the blindspot in his eyes in case any were watching him.

The barkeep knew very much the same taking a glass to clean it before speaking to an outsider the two would appear to be engaging in friendly conversation catching up on times past and remembering the old days. "Well in that area there are those that come and go, roaming ones who seek brief shelter before continuing their less than respectable deeds. Not my place to do anything about it however if you have coin you get served you know my stance on such things." Though he was not someone Yukio lacked respect for he had come to understand the difference between making ends meet out here and within the safety of a town or the village.

Out here those of all paths of life would be accepted so long as they weren't too high profile, though Yukio would usually clean them up as time passed today there was a wish to find much bigger fish to fry those that would seek harm towards places such as this one or attempt to make power plays. "I understand though you know how things work on my end, but this isn't what interests me at this moment in time what I'm curious about is are there any who could lead to something higher profile. I know you never one to stay out of another's business for very long."

As he spoke four individuals entered the tavern loud and boisterous a thing somewhat irritating to the captain however the bartender remained silent as patrons made their way quietly out of the bar. Something wasn't right that much was obvious the man pressing 4 fingers against the side of the glass before tapping his index finger lighting against the now shimmering surface. Without moving his head Yukio took in the features of the four from left to right they all seemed like rather interesting individuals that much was a certainty.

The first was a young woman dressed in rather thin plate Armour and fabric that would be better off being called rags a pair of daggers at the side of her belt judging from the choice of weapon and the attire it was easier to assume it was to keep her light and limber. The two in the middle were the polar opposite in that regard weighed down with heavy armour and claymores resting on their backs meat shields for whoever had hired them all three mercs by the looks of things.

The last of the four was the one that peaked Yukio's interest however it was plain to see why the barkeep had pointed him out among the rest much better dressed and prepared for the situation given his company the flow of chakra being much stronger and more emphasis. "Of interest then I can only assume from this bravado." he stated eyes focused on the drink watching the clear liquid in the glass spinning it gently in his hand.

"Not quite what your after but a trouble maker all the same, one i do not welcome here the other three i would consider the unlucky souls foolish enough to take the payment." Sighing and walking away from the counter towards the back of the bar he waved a dismissive hand towards the Hyuuga. "Just try not to make too much of a mess of the place, your covering any damages unlike the first time you came here"

Silently Yukio simply gestured a salute with his index and middle digits taking a slight pause as they drew closer the larger pair coming to his sides slamming their palms onto the counter grim smirks across their faces, a rather eye rolling display for the ANBU spinning around in the chair to face his query. "Can I help you at all? A drink maybe? some casual talk?" A sarcastic tone filled the air the empty space between the two groups becoming tenser as time went by.

The fourth individual simply stared at the man he simply considered an upstart the perks of not being in the area for some time was not being as well known as the Hyuuga should be looking between the three hired hands before tilting the black mop of hair forward a sign to simply remove Yukio from the bar a reaction quickly followed by another sarcastic quip. "A mute? Worst kind of person in my line of work but hey on the plus side you'll die quietly."

Without another word his work began a long blade of mirror jutsu forming in his hand before slamming it into the palm of the poor merc to his left pinning him to the counter before bringing the glass round shattering it into the face of the man on his right the splinters of glass embedding into the skin causing him to stagger back slightly. Without hesitation, Yukio rose to his feet grabbing the two by the back of the head before slamming them together watching the duo crumple to the floor a rather blank expression resting on his features seeming disappointing by the whole thing.

Tilting his head to look at the women the piercing glare remained unblinking for a few moments letting her contemplate her life choices before she drew the daggers content with attempting to stop the actions of the now disappointed ANBU rolling his eyes at the notion before bringing his hands together a series of swift handseals following in quick succession a sphere forming around her removing the problem before it started turning slowly to the final of the four. By this point, his expression had turned from disappointed to neutral a blank stare being the only distinct thing on his face.

"Are we going to continue this, or do we want to make a mess of this place if your as smart as I am deciding to give you credit for i think you know the answer to that question." there was a moment of silence the air felt heavy as both pondered the actions of the other, in that moment of uncertainty there was little doubt in the Hyuuga's mind he could turn the tide in his favour an aura leaking off his person getting stronger with the passing of time.

If he wouldn't agree on the spot then Yukio was more than happy to show the difference between the two of them the black aura sweeping across the wooden floorboards as the man fell to his knees the barkeep returning at that moment to look upon the scene. "Well not as bad as I thought though still room for improvement my rather pristine counter now has this gaping hole in it, you will cover for that and the glass I assume?"

Turning on his heels as the aura dissipated the smile returning as if the whole incident hadn't occurred. "That I will you have my word on that, you know one day you'll appreciate me for doing all this then again you prefer buisness over such things." He chuckled gathering the two from the floor and allowing the remaining two to walk in front of him as he went to step out of the door with them the barkeep going back to washing glasses simply shaking his head with a chuckle.

His journey back to the village would be longer than the one out having to keep an eye on his party now in tow made things more difficult on numerous occasions having them pause to ponder escape or simply follow all efforts shut down by a quick glance from the Hyuuga quickly making them fall back into line follow by a shake of the head and sigh from thier captor. Finally reaching the village gates the Hyuuga stopped before the gate guards withdrawing his headset to speak calling ANBU of his branch to collect his query.

Though it had not gone as expected returning home with something rather than being empty handed was the better of the two outcomes and there was a chance no matter how slim that these four would have something of use to the branch. What annoyed the Hyuuga more than anything was there was no information to be had on the location of Ziren's brother nor the assailant that attacked Soku not days ago to say it was frustrating would be an understatement though a mission was a mission and had the request been to find them a different approach would have to be made one that would give Yukio more than a brief moment of thought to figure out.
[WC: 2001]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back