Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Finding My Way (Open RP)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The halls of the Shinobi Academy were quiet and empty this late in the afternoon; motes of dust dancing in the orange glow of early sunset the only motion, their actions erratic and free in the deafening silence. Distant quiet steps seemed to make them pause for a moment mid flight, almost as if they recognized the slow even-paced steps as a beat to direct their aimless dance. A figure approached, his form briefly illuminated as it traveled from doorway to sundrenched doorway, then quickly shrouded again in grey shadow. The gentle change in the wind direction as the boy passed through each set of motes sent them arching and spinning in his leisurely wake, their pirouettes seemingly in time with his gait. The motes danced, wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex.

The boy stopped in the light of the last doorway, the light streaming down in a bright unbroken beam, illuminating his features as he turned. His hazel colored eyes gazed into the striated lighting of the hall as he ran the fingers of his left hand through his messy brown hair, combing it back as best he could. At first glance, he seemed very average. Average height, weight and build for an eleven year-old, his features neither strikingly handsome nor hideously disfigured. Even his attire was very “normal.” Black leather steel-toed boots, denim blue jeans, and a plain black t-shirt covered by a tan suede jacket; none of which made him stand out very much. Even his voice, a clear and confident pre-pubescent tenor, sounded very standard as he spoke, perhaps to nothing and no one.

”Hello? Is anyone there?”

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Topic Entered - Always nice to say hey to new cloudies]

The once brightly illuminated room was now starting to become dull as the sun began to retreat behind the mountains, the ray of light that pierced through the window slowly working it's way up the motionless figure kneeling on the floor with his back to the entrance. Even the dust had settled with Masaru, not wanting to disturb the sanctuary of serenity that had formed. The only movement was that of the hollow breeze which gracefully swept its way through the corridors, occasionally catching a few of the young samurai's stray hairs and playfully stirring them along with it's gentle motion. Masaru's eyes remained firmly shut as the trees outside cast broken shadows over his face.

The occasional sound of hushed footsteps could not disturb the overwhelming authority of calmness, but merely caused insignificant ripples on the surface of the tame ocean that was Masaru's mind. A single bead of sweat plucked up the courage to embark on a journey from the boys brow as it trickled down his cheek before dangling perilously off the bottom of his chin. Underneath his kimono his chest became alive with subtle movements, the outer edges of his inscribed seal slowly wiggling around like worms.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

Suddenly a giant boulder dropped into the ocean causing giant waves to scatter out from the source. Masaru's eyes shot open and in the same instant his seal returned to its dormant state. After a short stint of heavy breathing the boy forced three long deep breaths to return his respiration rate to it's normal level. Calmly reaching to his side the samurai clutched his katana before beginning to stand up, squinting as his eyes passed through the rays of sunlight. He pushed the sword onto his belt and turned around to see the source of the disturbance, a young messy haired boy in plain clothes.

"Hello, it's unusual for anyone to be here at sundown, are you lost?"<i></i> He asked as he wiped away the worst of the sweat from his face.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sound of heavy breathing drew the young mans eyes into the room by which he stood. He turned in time to see a young samurai stand and tuck a katana into his belt before heading over and speaking to him.

”Hello, it's unusual for anyone to be here at sundown, are you lost?” He said, wiping sweat from his brow. The boy bowed before raising his eyes to meet the samurai opposite him.

”I’m sorry, sir; I didn’t mean to disturb you.” He said, realizing his intrusion on the samurai’s solace. ”It’s just that, well, I thought I heard a noise down the hall; and I was hoping it was someone who could help me. I know it’s late, but I wanted to come down here and take a walk around the Academy. I am lost, just not on accident. You see, I’m starting classes here next week, and I wanted to familiarize myself with the layout of the building. It’s not wise to go somewhere without knowing about where you’re going.” He paused, contemplating his current situation. ”Though, I guess that means my actions weren’t as wise as I thought. Then again, it’s not like there are any convenient maps I could study, so personal experience is all I can rely on.” He chuckled and scratched his head nervously before pausing and blinking hard. ”Oh, I’m sorry; I’m being rude. Please, allow me to introduce myself.” He extended his hand. ”I’m Narashi Jo.”

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young boy seemed flustered as Masaru faced him and announced his presence. He quickly set about apologising and hastily explaining himself.

"You see, I’m starting classes here next week, and I wanted to familiarize myself with the layout of the building. It’s not wise to go somewhere without knowing about where you’re going....Though, I guess that means my actions weren’t as wise as I thought."

A smile started to creep across the samurai's face as the boys continued to have this brief conversation with himself. The boy stopped briefly before introducing himself. Masaru couldn't help but let out a chuckle, "Don't worry you don't have to explain yourself, you have every right as me to be here."<i></i>, he glanced down and Jo's outstretched hand, "Please forgive me, I don't generally shake hands. I am Miyamoto Masaru of the Nanjirou."<i></i> He added as he bowed to the boy.

Masaru straightened himself up before continuing, "I don't blame you for wanting to get a lay of the land ahead of time, I'm the same. Luckily the academy has a fairly simple layout."<i></i> Masaru walked past the boy and out of the door in the direction of the main cluster of classrooms.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Ah… right.” Jo said sheepishly, hastily retreating his extended hand and bowing awkwardly in return. He should have figured that someone who dressed so traditionally would most likely behave traditionally as well. At least Masaru didn’t seem too upset that his meditation had been disrupted. The clan name struck a bell of recognition in the young boys mind. He knew that the Nanjirou were some sort of samurai clan, and that their clan members were peerless when it came to wielding a blade, but that was about all. ’Wow, this guy must be a real shinobi!’ he thought to himself as Masaru walked past.

Wait… was he walking away and ending the conversation? His comment on the simplicity of the Academy’s layout seemed to suggest so, along with the fact that he didn’t actually offer to show the boy around. Then again, he had just compared Jo to himself. Perhaps the invitation was unspoken? Jo chose the latter and hastened to catch up and keep pace. ”Yeah, the layout seems simple enough; like any other school, really. That’s what worries me.” He paused for a minute to try and formulate his words into a coherent thought process. ”I guess I just figured it’d be more complicated; you know, long winding halls to nowhere, secret passages, maybe a few benign booby-traps. Something more… immersive?” He silently approved of the term before continuing. ”Like even the building was designed to make you think a certain way; expect the unexpected. Or force you to memorize the layout only to have the walls be shifted and turned around the next day; make you think on your feet, improvise, adapt, overcome. As of what I’ve seen, it’s just a normal school.” Jo didn’t want to sound too disappointed, in fact, he was relieved that everything seemed to appear “normal.” He could at least focus more on his studies now and less on trying not to die. He’s heard some crazy things about the academy from the general populous*.

*I am, of course, referring to the mini-manga introduction to Clouds Academy in the Character Creation thread.*

[MFT: 351]

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru was returning home from the village towards his house as he passed the Academy he noticed a few lights still on which struck him as odd. Usually the Academy would be completely empty, though never locked. Haru has been the last to leave on plenty of nights. Absent-mindedly Haru wandered towards the entrance and walked in.

He entered from the other side of the building where the stray light was and as expected his side of the building was dark and quite. The sky was fairly overcast again like usual, Haru was still unsure how he had learned his Lightning Ninjutsu so easily, overcast weather fit him perfectly no too hard to turn into a storm.

Walking the empty hallways he saw a few classrooms down the place where the light was on and he could hear a conversation though he was unable to make out exactly what was being said. I wonder who would still be here. Haru quietly entered the classroom and saw the two boys talking, one covered in sweat he recognized as the Samurai boy whose name he didn’t know and another boy younger than Haru by a year or two. Must be new I don’t recognize him.

Upon entering Haru spoke up Excuse my interruption I just noticed the Academy light still on, normally this building would be empty by now. I’m Haru of the Santaru clan by the way. he gestured towards each boy individually giving his greetings. So what’s goin’ on, some late night training?

WC:260

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jo seemed to hesitate slightly before following Masaru out of the room, it was a trait that the young samurai had noticed in almost every academy student he'd met so far, it was a trait that they would soon have to lose if they wanted to make it in the shinobi world. Jo then explained his rather high expectations which had come about as a result of the mystery behind the academy.

Masaru sneaked out a muted laugh, "And yet a completely unarmed and untrained student managed to walk straight in through the front door without any complications at all."<i></i> He stopped and turned to face the boy with a smile, "It's no coincidence that things like that only happen when the teachers area around. However don't make the mistake of thinking that this is a normal school, it's just as normal as being a shinobi is normal, it's just not the building you need to watch out for."<i></i>

Masaru turned his head to face the sound of muffled footsteps walking towards them, "Excuse my interruption I just noticed the Academy light still on, normally this building would be empty by now. I’m Haru of the Santaru clan by the way."

Masaru bowed in return to the boys greeting, "It seems the academy is awake later than usual tonight. I am Miyamoto Masaru of the Nanjirou."<i></i> He said before straightening up again, "I was just gathering my thoughts but now I find myself showing a new student around."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Santaru Clan? The Nanjirou Clan? Jo didn’t know he was in the presence of members of not one, but two noble clan houses. He suddenly felt like he was somehow in the way. He had already disturbed the samurai’s meditation, and now he’d distracted this Santaru boy. ”Yeah, I’m Jo. I was just checking out the academy before I start my first classes next week. I didn’t think there’d be this many people here either.” He addressed the newcomer. ”If what I’ve been told is true, then I should be more worried about the teachers than getting lost!” Jo chuckled quietly. ”Do either of you have any advice for surviving the Academy?” Jo was sure he could survive without their help, but he’d never turn down free words of wisdom. Besides, he was here now, and so were they. No use in wasting an opportunity to get some inside information.

{Sorry for the short post, guys. I'll step it up on the next one.}

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I was just gathering my thoughts but now I find myself showing a new student around."

”Do either of you have any advice for surviving the Academy?”

Hello Jo, wonderful to make your acquaintance. Haru replied to the boy. You too Masaru, I’ve heard plenty about your family, pleasure meeting you. to be in the presence of a samurai isn’t something that happens everyday, the boy was already a Genin and at least a year his senior. The there was Jo, about to start his first class at the academy, nostalgia rushed to Haru and he remembered how useless he thought this experience would be, thought still arrogant he developed more of a respect for his elders because of the Sensei that taught him.

Don’t take anything for granted Jo, no class or technique or lecture will ever be pointless, keep your ears open and ask questions. I thought none of this would benefit me, but every time I spar an opponent my Sensei’s words come back to me, no matter what your philosophical or religious beliefs are, this will help you achieve your dream.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The pleasure is mine,"<i></i> Masaru said in reply to Haru's greeting, "Likewise, the name of your clan precedes you."<i></i>

The young student seemed to be eager to pick the brains of the two older boys, and who could blame him. Going into a completely new environment, especially one like the academy, would be enough to keep any child awake at night. Even Masaru, who by his very nature is an extremely calm person could relate to the kind of uncertainties Jo was facing.

It seemed Haru shared Masaru's empathy as he imparted some good advice to the boy, encouraging him to make sure he really got the most out of every activity and experience. Masaru remembered his time in the academy, watching certain fellow class mates take what they were doing for granted and end up regretting it down the line.

"I completely agree with Santaru-san, the academy is here to give you the foundations for which to support the rest of your development as a Shinobi. If you don't utilize it to it's full potential you'll find yourself getting into trouble, or worse killed, when you go out into the real world."<i></i> Masaru paused for a second as he tried to think of what he could tell the boy to complement the advice he'd already been given.

"If I could say something to every new academy student it would be to never doubt yourself. You will most likely feel overwhelmed and out of your depth at times, but just have faith in yourself and it'll start to all come together. That doesn't mean expect to be able to do everything or to be the best in your class, just never accept failure without trying something, the academy is designed to be a safe place where you can make mistakes, make full use of that safety net and learn from it."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jo listened carefully to the advice of his seniors, taking in every word. Most of the advice seemed to center on him rather than on the academy. Their words centered on how he behaved and reacted to what the academy threw at him. So long as he kept an open mind and never gave up, it seemed like he’d do fine. As the two spoke, the sun began to sink below the mountain ranges that bordered the country, dimming the light that filtered through the windows from a brilliant gold to a scarlet, then quickly dimming to grey. As the film of twilight settled on the academy, Jo shrugged his shoulders as if preparing for a long, arduous task. ”Thanks for the advice, guys; it really helped.” He paused, glancing out a nearby window. ”It’s getting late, I should probably head home. Got a big first week ahead of me.” He walked briskly down the hallway, away from the pair, and towards the exit. He waved nonchalantly over his shoulder, not bothering to look back. In this life, looking back could only hold you back. The future was forward, and only the lessons learned in the past could help determine it.

{Topic Left}

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back