Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Finding the Client [SSM]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Good afternoon, Lightning Country, this is 'The Voice of Reason' back after a two week hiatus. The last time some of you have heard from me was during the rally I held at Port Cirrus. An assassin from the world of shinobi wanted to kill me in order to silence my words: the 'Words of Reason'. As you all can tell, I am alive and well and my attempted assassination only goes to show the violence and brutality of the shinobi and the 1% here in the Land of Lightning. The words spoken by myself and my compatriots are words worthy of being silenced; which means we are saying something they do not like. This means that the words we have been saying have been true; much to the nay-sayers' chagrin. This is why the shinobi infrastructure needs to be--" Kyo listened over the radio within his headsets before turning it off completely. Kyo sucked air between his teeth in disappointment and anger. He told 'The Voice of Reason', whose real name is Yagyu Shinzo, to stay low until after the clients have been discovered and dealt with. Appearing too early will simply paint a target on his back. Kyo didn't have the time to babysit the radio personality nor did he have time to protect the loud-mouthed ungrateful swine from spouting out his stupidity. Funny how he failed to mention that it was a shinobi that saved his life.

Kyo sat at a diner across the street from another diner where two suspects were residing. The diner on the other side of the street, much like the one he sat at, had tables and chairs outside with cute girls dressed in coquettish outfits came out to serve the drooling masses. Kyo had a coffee in front of him with a newspaper out. He had a clear line-of-sight of the two suspects, eyeing them over the paper occasionally to keep positive track of their location. He didn't know of any other way to discretely keep an eye on these people and have heard about people doing this; as cliche as it was. Unlike the last mission, he would be accompanied by his massive direwolf companion, Dakota. He had ordered her several raw steaks, which the servers of the restaurant found confusing, but brought it out anyway. Certainly, the fry-cook didn't mind as it was less work for them. After devouring the raw steaks, Dakota licked her lips and took a quiet seat next to the shinobi that she accompanied.

Kyo turned the page on the newspaper, reading only the small-words (as that's all he understood) and spoke to Dakota. "No killing during this mission. We need to bring those two in and we need to do it discretely. Do you understand?" he said quietly only for Dakota to give him a big-mouthed yawn. Rustling the newspaper a bit, he turned the page. Not the answer he was expecting from the monstrous wolf. However, as he watched, he noticed the two men ask for their check and Kyo did the same. As if the two groups were synchronized, both groups got up, paid for their food and started to move. Upon standing up, Dakota followed Kyo's lead after a long stretch and the two began to follow behind the two men as they walked throughout the city. The two didn't make their tailing too obvious and gave them a wide berth.

They acted distracted by looking into shops and looking at the wares in the open-market while keeping an eye on where they were. Scattered throughout the market were signs plastered all over walls, all over street vendors, and scattered along the ground in a cluttered mess. A lot of the people in the market showed solidarity with the potential uprising against the shinobi. There were several rallies in response to the attempted assassination of the idiot named Yagyu Shinzo. It seemed that he did the complete opposite. While Kyo did expect the man to continue being a moron and make his continued-existence known, he didn't expect him to organize such a huge following such as this.

Upon seeing everyone gathering and showing support for the near-martyr, the two that Kyo and Dakota were trailing walked off of their planned route and took to more secluded locales. This was a boon for Kyo and Dakota. The more secluded of a location, the better. It would be much easier to beat them to a pulp and bring them in if they walked into an alleyway then it would be to do it within a large crowd. Upon following the duo into the alleyway, the two men turned around and pulled out revolvers, pointing them towards Kyo and Dakota. Stopping in their tracks, the two took up a ready position with Kyo's claws extending outward and Dakota lowering her head as if ready to pounce. "You know, if you fire those weapons here, everyone will be able to hear it. But tell me, why did you all try to kill Yagyu Shinzo? Did you know an uprising like this would happen or was this far from your plan?" Kyo asked. The men scoffed and pointed their weapons towards Kyo's head, leading a right red laser across his face. The aim was jittery and unstable.

"Shut up! We didn't expect this kind of support! We just wanted him out of the picture because his ratings were getting too high!" one of the men said as his hand started to shake feverishly. It was like he didn't know how to use a gun. The other man elbowed him in the gut lightly before taking a deep breath, steadying his aim. He tried to look more confident than the quivering man, but Kyo saw it in his eyes. These two were backed into a corner. Any animal that was backed into a corner, including humans, would act irrationally. Kyo would take advantage of this situation. Kyo stepped forward rapidly causing the jumpy one to take a shot with his gun. The bullet whizzed right by Kyo and then he took another step towards the man forcing him to shoot his gun rapidly, losing aim after a few shots. Due to the wild nature of the shooting, none of the bullets landed anywhere in Kyo's flesh. With a big grin, Kyo thrust his middle and ring finger into his side to emulate a gunshot wound. He dug his finger in and twisted it around a little bit before falling to the ground. He signaled to Dakota to get on the roof, which she promptly did, and then shouted out. "SHINOBI!!! I'M BEING ATTACKED BY A SHINOBI!!!" he said before the once boisterous crowd turned and looked towards the alleyway and ripped their way towards the alley.

They all collectively looked at Kyo, holding his self-inflicted wound and then turned to look towards the jumpy man with the gun in his hand. "GUN-WIELDING SHINOBI!!! GET THEM!" one of the men said before Kyo shouted. "Don't kill them! I need them in alive!" he shouted out. Some of the people assumed that Kyo, even with how wild he appeared, was probably a bounty hunter or some kind of undercover police officer. Kyo was dragged to safety before the massive mob started to flood into the alleyway. The man that elbowed the jittery man backhanded his compatriot in the back of the head with his weapon, knocking him out. Using him as bait, he utilized chakra to jump upon the walls and attempt his escape. Shouts of coordination could be heard as a portion of the group started to chase down the last man and the other portion beat-up the one that was already unconscious; beating him to nearly an inch of his life before restraining him.

The other group started to chase after the more cautious man, following on the ground as he jumped from rooftop-to-rooftop. While the man was fleeing, Kyo was being seen by one of the very few medically certified people within the crowd. Kyo cleared his throat and shoved all of the cloth the man was going to use to stop his bleeding into his wound. "I need to catch this guy. That man is a prime suspect for the attempted murder of Yagyu Shinzo," Kyo said, wincing at the pain of his self-inflicted wound. The doctor looked towards Kyo with a blank expression before pulling something out of his bag. It was an injector of some-sorts. Without a question, he injected it into Kyo's neck. "That's adrenaline. Should help you ignore the pain and get you going. Go get that bastard. Nobody tries to kill 'The Voice of Reason' and gets away with it."

Kyo shook his head after being given the shot and then instantly, things started to warp and his perception changed a little bit. It felt a bit like an Uchiha using their Sharingan for the first time. With a nod, Kyo whistled and out from nowhere, the massive direwolf appeared. Kyo mounted the direwolf and unstrung his bow. With a little nod to the doctor, Dakota took off in pursuit of the man with instructions to stay on the ground; so not to give away him being a shinobi. Upon chasing the long line of people pursuing the cautious man, they all gathered around a single building where they had the man surrounded. Kyo and Dakota slid in behind the crowd and got a good look at the man. Kyo shouted out. "You aren't going anywhere! You are under arrest for conspiracy to murder Yagyu Shinzo, the 'Voice of Reason' in Lightning Country."

Sneering at Kyo, the man started to form together handseals. They were handseals for a fireball jutsu. "Everyone, scatter! He's using Ninjutsu!" Like that, everyone started to run away, whether out of compliance or in a complete panic. This gave Kyo and Dakota more than enough room to react. The man then blew fire from above. Kyo jumped off of Dakota and threw himself into the fire, getting blown back by the force of the fire. His bow and arrows being flung around. Some of the people saw this and grew more and more angry at the man. A child picked up Kyo's bow and arrows, strung an arrow into the bow and fired at the man. With a psychotic laugh, the man charged up a Chidori in his left hand and started to make his way for the child. Everyone around the boy scattered except for Kyo, who, once again, threw his body out to protect more of the people. A hand was plunged directly into Kyo's gut, causing him to vomit blood onto the target. There was an air of dread coming from the boy as he saw Kyo sacrifice his own body to protect him. "I'm sorry, mister! I'm so sorry!" he said dropping Kyo's bow and arrows. However, his saddened demeanor changed upon receiving a thumbs-up from Kyo.

The cautious man's demented laughter changed upon seeing Kyo's face. There was a big grin upon his face as he lifted his headband up to reveal a third eye; one appearing to look like it was made of metal. "Consider yourself lucky that we can't kill you," he whispered before shouting out, "Dakota! Leg day!" he shouted out before the massive direwolf ran up and grabbed the man by the legs and started to shake him around, yanking his hand out of Kyo and being thrown around by the massive direwolf.

Kyo fell to the ground and the same doctor from earlier rushed over to Kyo and took him in, carrying him away..

Several hours later...
Kyo woke up in a building; an unfamiliar ceiling above him. The person that gave him the adrenaline used medical ninjutsu to heal his wounds just enough to look like standard medicine patched him up. There was a strange look of bewilderment on Kyo's face. "Relax, Agent Hyungteo. Did the word 'discrete' mean nothing to you?" the ANBU agent, who was in deep cover, stated. Kyo grumbled and forced himself to a seated position, feeling absolute pain in his ribs and the rest of his body. "Give me a break, they don't know I'm a shinobi. As far as they know, I'm just a bounty hunter or an undercover police officer bringing someone to justice. My affiliation with the village hasn't been blown." The woman sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "I suppose. You should be good enough to move around. The people of Port Cirrus has bound the suspects and are ready to receive you. I'll send the report to headquarters. I won't tell them that you caused a riot here."

"Thanks," Kyo stated before painfully standing up, out of the bed. He grumbled and got back onto his feet. He turned to look towards the other operative and nodded his head to her. "You know if he continues with this rebellion crap, we are going to have to kill him, you know that right?" she mentioned to Kyo with him shrugging his shoulders. "He did it to himself. Just words are fine, but when you're trying to incite violence, that's stepping over the line. Anyway, later," Kyo said as he walked out of the building to the sound of uproarious fanfare.

WC: 2207
MFT

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back