Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

First Chakra User [Event]

Cloud Seer

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ac7a7ad1-5001-4275-9f54-4f7893b7559d_zpszjt8gifg.jpg

It is said that Raiden was the very first man capable of manipulating chakra and bending the life force energy to his will, achieving the miraculous feats that he achieved during his lifetime before taking his position as king of the gods.

The story tells of a child in the plains of a land, now known as Lightning Country, who was born with a strange sense of self. He had the intelligence of an adult and didn't care to play like other children. Instead it seemed as though he was born with the attitude and demeanor that he would have for his life. At age five it is said that he took control of the skies, the small farm of his family never going without water, even when everywhere else claimed drought, never needing sun, while others were flooded.

Barely aged ten he is said to have left his family, telling them that he had great things to do, that he had other family to find, to help those family find themselves. And so the great stories began, and Raiden walked the world finding clans and bestowing upon them blessings which would later become known as bloodlines. He brought out the potential in all he met, those who he called family.

The front field of the academy is all set up and ready for members of the academy and recent graduates to take part in showing off the various results of their studies leading up to this day. Having been given time to prepare an original jutsu of their very own, the field was set up for anything and everything. Who knew what the mind of Kumogakure's youth would come up with.

Solid sand fighting grounds had been made free so that the more destructive jutsu could be shown off there, while a grassy area with various forms of shelter was there so that people could move between the different displays of technique. The canopies were all about the same size, but varied in colour and occupant. Mixed in among them were different food and beverage providers.

The day was clear with blue skies possibly attributable to the Santaru clan whose control over the weather was sometimes used to make sure that events like this went down without a hitch. Lots of people would be wandering through the area, both non-shinobi citizens of Kumogakure as well as seasoned veterans there to witness what the future of the village had to offer.
  • To take part in this event you need to do one of two things.

Option 1: Create a CRPJ according to the CRPJ rules.
    Option 2: Reflavour a jutsu your character currently has access to.

Try and be as creative as you can with what you're doing, and remember that this event will go through to the 1st of November. Voting will begin on the 1st of October, so you have plenty of time to come up with a good CRPJ and get it through Council before the polls open.
  • Any entries are encouraged to roleplay showing off their CRPJ. There will be a first, second and third place. The prize for all first, second and third will be allowed to have a day IC (or a roleplay) with the Raikage or any Sennin of their choice to learn whatever they want to learn, the position just means the order of who chooses first.
  • The main thread is for people to post up displaying their CRPJ however they would like to do so, however please feel free to use this setting in other roleplays which might be posted in the Academy for the duration of the event.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko%20Icon_zpskk6ys9h3.jpg

Mochizuki Sonoko

Sonoko flipped through her papers checking the names of all the possible participants that may perform today. She liked to be organized and prepared. There were names she recognized well, such as Kashino Yuu. Others were vaguely familiar, as she recalled meeting them once or twice. A few new names made it to her list, of children who had recently joined that she hadn't had the pleasure to teach yet. Either way, she was excited to see young and younger showing off their skills today.

Each person would receive a warm smile as they would come up to her desk. "Good morning! If you are here to participate, please tell me your name, whether your jutsu will be destructive or non-destructive, and if you would need any materials supplied in order to perform it." Sonoko would jot down the info and assist how she could. The participants would then be led to the appropriate locations to perform their jutsu. Afterwards, they would be free to mingle.

[Topic Entered with NPC]

Kaido Chiasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Unlike the previous day this morning was a day where there was a special event. As she woke up bright and early her eyes barely opened. She was tired and irritable. Her sister nudged her and upon realizing that she was sleeping in the same bed as her sister she squeaked and flipped out of the bed with a lovely thud onto the floor. Her sister looked over the bed and said simply, “You know you are a tad bit old to sleep walk into my bed, however I also understand that you need me this morning to make you the talk of the school.” She got up and simply grinned at her in delight at the thought of making her a doll.

Chiasa growled under her breath and rubbed her eyes. Her sister was not really better looking then her but she always took much more time in preparing herself while she was the more rugged one of the two more capable of roughing it. Grandma said it is what gave her the gift and not her sister. To be honest though she found this to not be of any use at this time. As she sleepily walked into the bathroom she vanish and a dark laugh was heard and a scream with which her mother knew to well to know it was time for her to get up as well.

Chiasa came down the stairs looking even more tired than when she had woken up. She grunted a good morning to her mother who just gave her a warm smile. She ate her food and drank water but made careful note not to drink too much considering that she was to not mess up her makeup. Thankfully there was not too much on her minus some blush and lipstick.

She was the perfect fit for the academy school uniform. She made sure that she looked perfect in it. She wanted to impress the teachers and as such she shifted to make sure there would be no wrinkles.

As she made her way into the area she noticed a desk where she was supposed to meet with someone beforehand. She was supposed to meet with someone from a theater group who handled a lot of students as well. Apparently she was supposed to be a teacher. This would be her first meeting of a teacher and as such she needed to make the best impression ever.

When she spoke to her the girl smiled and responded with, “Oh no I was just trying to watch and meet with my fellow students. I am actually quite new to the academy and have yet to really develop anything of interest.” She gave a warm smile and gave a tiny curtsy as she was told she should do when she met someone who was higher than her. As she returned she simply asked, “Where would be the best place for me to be Ms. Mochizuki?”

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko returned Chiasa's smile with one of her own. "My! A new student? And a polite one at that. It is a pleasure dear. Let's see..." Sonoko scanned her clipboard before stopping on a name. "Ah, you must be Chiasa-chan." The woman made a note on her paper before addressing the girl again. "Yes, I believe you have yet to take many classes? I can understand your trepidation in participating today. But should you get inspired by anyone's jutsu today, don't hesitate to let me know. You may always change your mind until the end of the event." She pointed towards a few colored shelters spread throughout the area. "As to where you should go, please stay behind the shelters to watch the jutsu. We'd hate for someone to get harmed while attending the event. There are venders near some of them in case you get thirsty or hunger." She patted a seat next to her. "You may also sit with me and wait for others to show up if you'd like. That way you can learn their names when they give them to me. I know that for some, introductions are the hardest part of a conversation." A warm smile would be given, whether the girl headed for a shelter, or took a seat beside Sonoko.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yuu was completely excited at this year's Lightning Festival. It was not only for him to enjoy the festivities, but to enter an event that will show off his Ninjutsu. Most of them were Lightning element, so he knew making his own Lightning jutsu might wow the audience as well representing what Lightning Festival is all about. Sure, there was the Lightning Show, but he was still Genin and Chuunin and above are allowed to enter. But as he approached the desk, Yuu was completely surprised at a familiar face from his Academy Student days.

"Sonoko-sensei? Is that you?" If he remembered correctly, he met her two times one year ago. One was during his lunch outing after one of his classes, another was her Taijutsu class. "I was expecting to register for the event, but I didn't expect to see you again."

(OOC: Topic entered. BTW, I'm brainstorming Yuu's CRPJ right now!)

Kaido Chiasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chiasa’s face flushed a little as she mentioned she was polite. This was her default. Were other students less formal with their Sensei and Senpai? It was really weird to think that she stood out merely speaking to someone and holding them into their position. She had an odd feeling that the way she was speaking was already not going to make her flow with the group.

She was informed that it was understandable for her to be concerned and at the same time should she be moved to try something she would be allowed to change her mind. Though that was just a guess considering there was a word that she did not understand in her sentence. Trep…pid…ida…ation? She had no idea what that meant but context clues said that she should be close to the idea she was thinking. She suddenly felt very stupid but shook her head slightly and just smiled. What scene was not handled the best with smiling?

A sudden problem arose itself however. The teacher asked her to either go a shelter or sit with her. This was a horrible situation already. Yes the teacher was being nice but she had yet to meet another academy student. What if it was uncool to sit with a teacher or what if there was already a teacher’s pet and she was moving in on her territory. That or what if the exact opposite was true? What if by leaving the teacher it turned out all the students were really involved with them. What if she would outcast herself by being over by herself?

She felt her hands clench tightly together behind her back as her body suddenly began to freeze up, hesitation in both her mental ability and physical ability. Right now if she were in a life or death situation she would be completely dead.

The world seemed to slow down around her and there was a long pause…one that was uncomfortably long…She did not even hear nor see the person walk up. She was already beginning to feel herself sweat from the fighting that was going on inside her mind. She never made decisions she always followed. Fitting in was easier in a crowd…oh dear Raiden why did she not simply wait for more people to show up before poking her head in on this…

“Ahh…ahh…a?”

As one might expect from someone her age everything she was thinking was written on her face. She was clearly freaking out and only the most un-empathetic person would be blind to her real fears though what they be might still be a mystery.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko gave the young girl a sympathetic look. She hadn't expected the child to get so flustered, but it was understandable. Luckily who should show up but Yuu-kun, a previous student who had recently received his headband. She gave him a small chuckle. "Of course I'd be here dear. I wouldn't miss seeing my lovely students showing off their talents." Seeing that Chiasa was still struggling a bit, Sonoko decided to help out. "Yuu-kun, this is one of our newest students, Kaido Chiasa. Chiasa-chan, this is Kashino Yuu. He recently graduated from the academy himself. Why don't you two kids go entertain yourselves? An old geezer like me would just slow you down." She smiled warmly at them. "Yuu-kun, just let me know if your jutsu is destructive or non-destructive and you'll be all registered and ready to go." Once he had chosen, she'd direct him to the appropriate location and let him do his thing. She would happily do the same for all others who came to her.
Vacation Time! No one wait up for me anymore. If you enter the topic, use Sonoko to register yourself and go ahead and CRPJ it up.

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Yagiyo bastard had received one of the many fliers which littered the training halls. This morning was one to show off skills which were both useless and artistic, skills that entertained and bewitched. It so happened that Kin's lackluster map reading skills had lead him to formulate his abundant chakra pool to make up for it. Perhaps not the most spectacular jutsu to be made by the youth, but surely informatics could carry the light for those around him. His feet carried him to the familar area which had been changed to suit the display, he had been here so often.

There was a a number of students and shinobi lining the area and a modest booth seemed to be the check in, Kin detailing the grounds as he approached. One of the instructors Kin was not the most familiar with was taking applications and as quiet as a mouse Kin slipped in with a slip of paper and slipped back out, his aim to keep interactions lower until the show happened. His ability didn't require much for chakra, but if he was planning on showing off its potential, he needed to maintain focus. Keeping his eyes out he continued to drink in the set up of the event area.

[Kin Yagiyo of the Cloud will enter said competition with a new way of displaying what others gather.]

[Topic entered]
[ooc: yes I know its generally last, first. I felt it more appropriate as Kin is trying to make name and headway for himself, as his only tie is to the Cloud.]

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
When Sonoko-sensei explained her reasons why she was here, Yuu smiled at the fact she wanted to see some other students showing their talents. Even he wasn't an Academy Student anymore, he was still happy she wanted to see him and the other students improve their skills and talents. After their little reunion, Sonoko-sensei then introduced him to Kaido Chisa, a young girl who was the newest students in the academy before she left so she won't slow them down, but not before letting Yuu know if his Jutsu is destructive or not. "Well, my jutsu isn't battle-ready, so it's non-destructive."

With Sonoko-sensei left them alone, Yuu decided to introduce himself to the new girl. "Hi there. So you're new to the Academy, right? Yeah, I felt the same during to first days a year ago." Although he was a little nervous at that time, he did have some butterflies in his stomach when he first entered the Academy. "However, I didn't let my shyness get over me, though. I did meet some interesting people during my Academy Student days, including Sonoko-sensei."

(OOC: I'll try to CRPJ in the next post considering it was still in review...)

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The purple haired nine-year-old marched purposefully up to the registration booth carrying a medical cooler at his side and a scroll on his back. There was a small group around it though he knew not a single one of them. That wasn't too much of a surprise though, since graduating from the academy near a year ago he rarely spent a day outside the hospital except for training and missions.
oNLwm4U.jpg

He was dressed in one of his flashier yukata and looking as far from manly as usual, though his spirit shone bright for today. The festival only came once a year after all and this would be his first time participating as a shinobi. That an there was pressure from his clan to do well. As one of the oldest clans and bloodlines in Lightning, the Chigokai put a lot of pressure on their representatives when it came to setting a good example and performance in events like this. Pressure Osu really didn't enjoy that much. If he didn't place high... well he really did not look forward to lectures about maintaining the clan's honor.

As he stepped up to the booth Osuteno made his introduction brief. "Greetings, Sensei. My name is Chigokai Osuteno, though there is a chance my name might show up as Koji Osuteno on the list. The jutsu I am submitting is non-destructive itself but I will need to make a bit of a mess first to demonstrate its effectiveness so I request the use of the sand fields. Also I will request a couple volunteers to give up a little of their blood. Those who do will get a small souvenir." With a polite bow he turned and walked towards the sand field.​

[col3]
*​
|
*​
|
*​
[/col3]

A few minutes later Osu stood in the middle of the sand fields with three volunteers standing a distance away. A few deep breaths to calm himself and then he spoke into the microphone. "Greetings ladies and gentlemhen, ow I bit my tongue." Some chuckling could be heard from the audience. "My name is Osuteno, MiT. The jutsu I have to show you today serves two purposes. First, in the line of duty I am sure we have all found that a few of our jutsu could make a bit of a mess from time to time, I should know because blood jutsu is a nightmare to get out of a kimono." A few more laughs this time and some nodding. This was going much better than expected. In his visualization exercises they had already begun throwing rotten fruit at him by now.

"Second... well I suppose demonstrations are more interesting than explanations. Excuse me while I make a bit of a mess." Osu opened up the cooler revealing a dozens packets of blood. He threw them up in the air in different directions and destroyed them with a hail of blood shuriken, scattering blood everywhere across the field. He then made a few hand signs for the Red Tide jutsu a let a drop of his blood hit the ground to become, as the name suggests, a wave of blood rushing a small distance across the sand field. He then turned hi back on the volunteers. "These three behind me will contribute their own blood somewhere in this rather huge mess I have made. Note three things, that I am not watching where they are adding their blood, that there is no way to tell where all that blood I dispersed originally is under my own and the the sand fields, while solid, are slowly absorbing the blood. There is no way of cleaning all this up or distinguishing the blood, or is there?" Osu began walking through to the middle of the huge blood puddle some 30 meters wide and it splashed on his clothing causing anyone who remotely cared for fine cloth to wince as it stained his yukata.

Standing very close to the center he held his hand out and focused. A single bead of blood sweated out of his palm and he took a few moments to build up chakra in it before it began to rise into the air. The camera had to zoom to anyone to see the drop. It rose about 5 meters before stopping and Osu's expression change. Suddenly all the blood began rising and began moving towards the bead Osu's own blood gathered at where the bead was forming an orb wider than he was tall. Twelve medium sized orbs slightly large than Osu's fist appeared seeming to orbit the large orb in the middle. Finally there were three very small orbs the size of a coin that also orbited the large orb in the middle.

"As you can see there isn't a single drop of blood still on the field or in my clothing. The blood has separated based on who it came from, and note that there is almost no sand in the mix. Those orbs are 99 percent blood. But wait, there's more!" He wasn't able to move around much but was able to gesture a little. The orbs began to grow smaller and harden into crystal like shapes and he rolled out the scroll on his back. "Using the principles of Chigokai clan jutsu I have solidified the blood. They may now be carried or stored inside a special scroll like the one before me. This jutsu is capable of collecting all unattended blood from a scene and the crystals keep the blood fresh. Come across a bloody crime scene? This allows me to tell how many people at the scene lost blood and the crystals can be handed over to a trained tracker to hunt them down or taken back to the lab to check for foreign substances such as poisons. See how close these two medium sized crystals rotating around each other? These two are very closely related either parent and child or siblings. And to finish it all up..." Osu made few hand seals and the all the crystals except the smallest three were sealed into the scroll.

"And that was the Blood Vault technique everyone! As of right now i am currently working on jutsu that use this one as a base but for now this is what I have. Thank you for your attention and please give a round of applause for today's volunteers, they were a great help and are going home with their own crystals. Have a great festival everyone!" Osu rolled up the Blood Vault scroll, walked off the stage and began identifying which of the three remaining crystals belonged to which volunteer and gave them their own along with his thanks. He just hoped he did well enough not to embarrass the clan. At least now that he was off stage he could begin hyperventilating without judgement. He had never spoken in front of that many people before and thought he was going to be sick the entire time. Now all that was left was to watch the other performances.
tumblr_lyhfy2Z6371r5v5a1o1_500.png

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Before Chiasa can answer, the event has finally started when a shinobi took the stage and started showing off his or her Jutsu. Although it was a little disturbing since he or she was using blood as a catalyst, Yuu was impressed at his/her talent at the way he/she presented and how it was displayed perfectly. When the blood-manipulating shinobi was done, Yuu decided to go next. "I think it's my turn. I'll be right back."

He then went up to the field next and not wanted to be nervous in front of the audience, he took a deep breath before he start his presentation. "Hello. My name is Kashino Yuu and I've just been appointed as a Genin one year ago. Today for this event, I like to share my own Jutsu creation. It might be a little bland since it was the first one I made, but it might be appropriate considering today is the Lightning Festival." He then made some handseals and concentrate his chakra on the palm of his hand creating a blue sphere of electricity. "As you can see, I managed to create a ball of electricity, which I like to call a "Flash Ball"." Yuu then threw the ball up in the air before he created two more, which he then juggled them all together, which he hoped that some of the audience might be impressed.

"With this, I can use it as a flashlight that can shine a wide area when I needed to. I can also use it as moving light as well. Like so..." As he said this, he threw one of the balls to the audience, which it floated slowly to them. "And when it accidently flew to my allies, I don't have to worry about it." On cue, the ball of electricity then touched one of the shinobi, which caused it to disperse, leaving a harmless shock onto their skin. "The balls are created with only weak electricity. Which means it will only leave a harmless shock when touched. Not to mention it will disperse after that. And while I limit myself to three balls due to reasons, that doesn't mean I can make more for this festival!"

He knew that the more balls he makes, the less time the balls will linger. Yet, he wanted to make a shocking finale to his presentation. With that, he created 6 more balls of electricity and made them circle around him in a cross pattern for a few seconds until as he expected, the balls were dispersed with electricity burst through them like a balloon popping, creating small electric streams around him before they disappeared. "And with that, that's my presentation of my Flash Ball Technique. It's not that flashy, but I hoped I've entertained you with it. Thank you and enjoy the Lightning Festival, everyone!" With his presentation finished, Yuu then gave everyone a bow before he went back to his seat near Chiasa as he hoped everyone did enjoy his jutsu.

(OOC: That's his CRPJ entry!)

EDIT:
Name of Jutsu: Flash Ball

CRPJ's Effect: Focusing on Yuu's palm, he creates a simple sphere of electricity. Function-wise, he only used it as a wide-ranged flashlight and to show off his Lightning Ninjutsu mastery. It is possible to create 2-3 spheres at the same time.

Reason why it cannot be used in battle: Due to Yuu's lack of knowledge of concentrating lightning-based chakra to his palm of his hand similar to Chidori, the ball of electricity he produced was weak, that one physical contact on any person or object will disperse and leave a small harmless shock to their skin. Also, if he creates more than 3 spheres, they will quickly disperse than it's usual 3 minutes.
[MFT/WC: 504]

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Displays fit for the wealthy who need entertainment had been shown, pieces useful for research had been show cased, and alternatives to what already existed had come about, but where Kin would shine was where the average ninja would need. Having surveyed the layout of temporary facilities created for these shows of creativity and usability; the sign in stand seemed more rushed than the others and it's construction of simple wood and sign was much less protected than the tented stands for judges. As Kin finished scouting the grounds he would do his best to take in the placement of the crowd. All he had to do was show some level of detail to provide enough of a show to create the understanding of what he was proposing.

Hearing his name called upon Kin took to the non-combatant's stage. Bowing to the judges he spoke up, "I bring forth a way to escape maps, to avoid paper trails, and a way to help those who can't read them well." He rehearsed the opening so many times to try and speak out as if he was older and wiser. He slowly stepped from the small 'stage' towards the judges' table, his hands going over the sign's needed to produce his creation. "It stays small, to avoid giving off too much light," the young shinobi said softly. A blue ting of lightning sparked around his hands as he pulled them apart.

Clapping them together Kin called out, "This is my Fractal Hut. With this I give to you my knowledge." The young shinobi slowly rotated his wrists, turning his fingertips towards the group. His thumbs came apart and a soft glow began to shine from his still sealed palms. The top's of his hands slowly opened and his pinkies stayed in touch as if he were reading a book. What was a simple soft glowing light took shape before the judges, his chakra slipped through a wire-framed model of the testing grounds. "It's like a map, but," Kin said as he pressured his chakra control a little further, pushing a rough estimation of box-model people into respective positions along the grounds of his fractal model. "Anyone can see it and understand how big an area is or how many people could fit into the space." Kin extended his arms outwards and slowly gave the row of souls a view of the model, "I made this without ever seeing a map for this space, I did it through observing the area and recreating it." The chakra light faded out and the hut vanished, "That is what I made," Kin said with a smile, bowing as he backed up to the stage before leaving back into the crowd.

[WC: 454 / MFT] [ooc: I did a thing... but did I do a thing good? Time will tell.]
This jutsu allows the user to channel their chakra into a visual representation of a building / structure / or item. The "model" is non-texture accurate and shows items created by the maker, thus not able to map out buildings further than the knowledge base of the user himself. The model's created are roughly the size of a basket ball and breaks apart shortly after is is no longer fed chakra.

The projection is maintained between the user's palms, thus requiring both hands to maintain. This non-elemental type of jutsu can have additional details added in through minor chakra affinity.
Water: Allowing for accurate water representation and clouds.
Fire: Allowing torches, fire, and lights to flicker as they would.
Lightning: Allows for electrical grids to be represented more fully.
Wind: Allows accurate simulation of wind within the projection.
Earth: allows for more complete textures and topography
blender_3d_hologram_by_logichy.jpg

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back