Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private First Encounters; Chikara Meets Kagura

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Act I, Chapter VII: First Encounters; Chikara Meets Kagura

WC: 495
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

Chikara struck with her spear, sufficiently damaging the testing dummy. Her eyes widened and she looked around but it didn’t seem that anyone noticed. She stepped away slowly without muttering a word and moved into the core training area of the Dojo. There were people there training, as there constantly was. The warrior princess was never satisfied with her ability. She was confident in her skills but always pushed herself to go beyond. She couldn’t allow herself to slack off now that she was in the position she was in. Just because she was enjoying the life of a free woman once again. No, she had to continue to train and master her skills, until the day that she met Ichiro again. She couldn’t allow him to live after all that he had done to her.

Her stressful thoughts matured into pleasant ones as a group of students walked by her. She thought back to the training she had given to Hato and the boy Shi. She had enjoyed it very much, even though Morisei did most of the talking for her. She was working on her common tongue, but it would take some time for her to become more intelligible. The goat girl stomped one of her feet on the floor and then beat the blunt tip of her staff’s pole against the same sand. She had made a promise that she would lookout for the young Hato and do what it took to keep him safe. As the son of the man who saved her she owed that. At that moment when she saw the students, she was reminded of this, and it filled her with fierce determination.

Chi continued to train. Meanwhile, anxious thoughts of Ichiro began to manifest once again. She forgot about who she was fighting for, and all she could think of was who she was fighting against. There was a violent rage inside the girl that Morisei was attempting to take advantage of. It was working. Chi was slowly becoming consumed by her desire for revenge. Even now Morisei’s shadow loomed over the warrior and attempted to overtake her in his lies. Once she retrieved her staff, it would be only a matter of time before he could fully manipulate her. She recklessly swung her staff and once again she broke a training dummy. She breathed heavily and retracted her spear, transforming it back into a dagger. She hadn’t even noticed she moved back to where the dummies were.

“I can not believe this.” She sputtered, palming her face in minor embarrassment. She wasn’t usually this absent-minded. There was so much for her to think about that it seemed she needed something new in her life. The two kids she had allowed under her wing would be an excellent start. She was assembling her own family here in Suna, and every member of that family was part of her defense against the darkness that clouded her thoughts.
OOC:

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori

Morisei Speaking Common
Morisei Speaking Hosekimori

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Satoru.Gojou.600.2847511.jpg

Kagura often visited the academy when he wasn't on a mission. The training grounds were large enough that he could work on his cutting techniques without getting in others way, and the library was filled with reference materials on various topics. He usually choose to read about this areas on interest or to smack a dummy for a while. Today, he was simply reading outside. The book covered basic sealing patterns and their significance to the techniques they were used in. It was pretty boring, but if he wanted to gain power quickly seals might hold an answer.

Even though he understood he needed to read this book to get the knowledge he wanted, he found his mind just wouldn't focus. He felt easily distracted, his eyes often leaving the page to glance around at others training on the grounds. Someone caught his eye. A girl or a woman? He couldn't tell from how far away he was, but she was about his height maybe a bit shorter. Regardless she was strong. He watched as she destroyed a dummy with single strike. A strike that contained a seemingly merciless rage. Kagura liked that. It was rare to see someone who fought with such anger and recklessness, someone like himself. It got his blood boiling. Was she an instructor? or maybe a student? It was rare for Kagura to have a genuine interest in a stranger, but he felt compelled to speak with her. She obviously knows how to fight...maybe she can give me some tips or beat them into me. He shook his head. Relax idiot.

He closed his book and slunk over towards her. He could tell, as he got closer, that she was different than most. Her demeanor was that of a wild animal not unlike the wolves he hunted with his father a life time ago. Her appearance was sort of nostalgic as well, it gave off tribal vibes. Not something you'd see from a refugee or a standard Sunan. He smiled as he approached her. "Oi, that was some insane strength." He started motioning towards the destroyed dummy. "You wouldn't happen to be a teacher would you? Got any Taijutsu tips? Perhaps a training regimen you follow?" He offered an ice breaker hoping she'd be interested in exchanging pointers.

OOC:
Kagura speaking
Kagura thinking
Kagura's demon blood influencing his thoughts or Speech

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths

WC: 479
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

Chi uncovered one eye from her hand as she detected the presence of another approaching her. She examined him and studied his featured for a moment before lowering her hand and turning towards him. He looked to be the same age as Chi but their features couldn’t have been more different. There was, however, the fact that he was almost the same height as her. She marveled at his colorless hair for a moment, thinking about all the strange hair colors she’s seen since coming here. Back home there were three colors for hair, which were black, brown, and yellow. Even the latter was rare, though stranger still was the blindfold.

“You see?” She waved her hand in front of him. Once she was certain he could see she would move on and reserve the questions for later “Taijutsu?” She questioned to herself. She was still becoming familiar with the terms that shinobi used. It clicked finally and she lifted her dagger. This guy had witnessed her mishap(s). Her tan skin began flushing somewhat. She wasn’t used to being embarrassed like this, but her skill was something she was immensely proud of. Her slipping once was an accident, but twice was a mistake. This avenger couldn’t afford to commit mistakes in battle.

“Taijutsu, yes?” Chi pointed at her weapon. Next she flailed her arm out to her side and the dagger transformed once again. Now, she held a spear in her hand which the warrior rapidly spun around and tossed about in a display of skill. Finally, she smacked the pole’s bottom end against the sandy surface of the floor beneath them. It let out a soft boom that was muffled by the sound of the others training around them.

“Skill with staff. Learning others.” She transformed the weapon yet again and this time it changed into a long blade. A katana it was called in other lands. “No teacher, but teach yes.” What the woman meant to say was she wasn’t a teacher for the academy, but that she had taken on pupils to pass on her knowledge. The foreign woman was still was struggling with the common tongue, despite years of being surrounded by nothing but that language. Only a few more words had been learned in her short time at Sungakure but she was learning rapidly.

“I… Use… Nature…”
She struggled to retrieve the words as she spoke. “To fight? Connection, with earth.” She kneeled and placed a hand on the ground beneath them. “Must be peace, if fighting…” She grimaced and smashed her weapon, which had transformed back into a staff, against the floor. When it struck, a thin layer of sand was unsettled and flew into the air. The foreigner let out a savage sounding grunt as she stood up. She was too disheveled in that moment to refer to a peaceful mind.
OOC: Figured you were wearing the blindfold, I can change that part if you weren't intending to be wearing it during this.

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common
Morisei thinking or speaking to Chi through the weapon

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Kagura catches her hand for a brief moment, then releases it when she waves it in front of him. "Don't worry, I can see you just fine with this on. It's not as thick as you might think." He laughs. "Though, I'd be lying if said it didn't impede me a little bit." He stated, not giving anything on why he wore it and let her continue. He noted the strange way she spoke. He must have been right on the money. she's not from around here huh... She seemed to blush after she was sure he could see. Was it the compliment, that he'd seen her mishap, or maybe because they touched hands? Kagura was unsure, but he wasn't here to tease her. He'd simply let it go...this time.

He watched as she transformed her weapon, showed off some skills. He'd already seen it change once but watching it up close was quite different. Didn't seem like she needed hand signs to transform it so maybe it's a summon animal or something? He didn't need to pry about the weapon he was more interested in her anyway. She started to mention something about peace, but it was stifled by another burst of seemingly primal rage. His gut was telling him that she was probably even stronger than she was letting on. It wouldn't be bad to get tips from someone if they were willing.

"So you're not a teacher, but you've had some students, and you use nature release to fight? Got it." He tried to understand her and not make her feel different for the way she spoke. Everyone has their struggles who was he to make her feel out of place? She reminded himself of the year or so ago where he had to learn the customs of a shinobi and of Suna. Unlike her however, he was fortunate to be able to speak the common tongue. "Alright I'd be interested in one of your lessons teach me well!" He smiled. She wouldn't mention student if she wasn't taking them on right? Oh I should introduce myself!

"I'm Getsumen Kagura, just call me Kagura." He started as he reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out a scroll. It unfurled and disappeared into a puff of smoke revealing a large cleaver. "My combat style is unrelenting slashing attacks that turn my opponent into a bloody mess! He was sure he let a little of his aura out this time, but he quickly rectified it. Unfortunately a few of the people on the training grounds caught wind of the uneasy feeling coming from him and moved away. SHIT. He looked around. It seemed only those who were quite close noticed. "Haha, sorry about that...I uh didn't catch you're name. You do have one right?" Kagura attempted to continue the conversation as if nothing happened but of course, since she was standing right next to him, she would have been the first to notice it. The dark energy that leaked from Kagura wasn't something he liked to acknowledge.

OOC:
Kagura speaking
Kagura thinking

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths

WC: 583
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

His hand was warm against hers. She’s surprised but also reminded of Kolonoscopy’s touch, though not quite as warm. This thought added to her blushing, but she shook the feeling off. It appeared the man could see just fine, but Chi still wonders why he would wear such a thing in the first place. She decided not to press it since he didn’t press the issue of her mishaps. Instead, she continued as if nothing were strange about him. There were plenty of strange things about the goat girl. She couldn’t judge someone without being judged herself.

“Yes.” She replied surprised. He seemed to comprehend her just fine and didn’t comment on the way she spoke. She was delighted. This gesture produced a smile from her. She wasn’t used to people accepting her for who she was. Most humans she had encountered in her life only wanted to kill or capture her. She was thrilled to finally be in a place where she didn’t have to worry so much about that. Though, the threat that was Ichiro still loomed overhead. She didn’t think about him, though. She was now focused on the new man she had met.

“Getsumen Kagura,” Chi repeated, butchering the name even though it wasn’t intelligible. “Kagura…” She nodded, “Shizen Chikara. Call Chi, yes?” She continued to smile. He was seeking a lesson from her. She hadn’t been looking to take on anyone knew, or anyone at all for that matter. Something about him made her need to take him on. There was a darkness she felt in him, and when he spoke of his combat style she had felt it even more. He needed to find peace in himself just as she did.

“Will teach.” She bows to him slightly and turns to walk away a few steps. As she does, she sees the people who are looking at them. She growled and marked their responses. She didn’t mind what they thought of her, but there was enough strangeness in the world that they should be used to it. There was no need for gawking. She stopped just a few meters away and turned back to face Kagura. She lifted her spear and then turned it so it was horizontal with the ground.

She let go of the spear and it rolled down her forearm and changed shape again. The pole wrapped around her arm and up around her hand as well. The metal expanded rapidly until it became a curved sheet of metal, the form of an acute triangle pointing down her arm. A tip appeared at the end just above her hand and curved upward like the horn of a rhinoceros, an animal she had heard about in stories. Morisei’s power was an interesting one that allowed her to make all kinds of weapons and items, even a shield that doubled as a weapon.

“How say…” She thought for a moment on the words. “Show me what you got.” She had heard Morisei say this when she was teaching Hato. After this she slid a foot back and entered a defensive stance. Then she raised one hand which floated about in different gestures, channeling chakra into it that began to chill the air around her. Ice formed at her feet and every step she took froze the ground. She slid her bare feet across the ice like she were skating and began to circle Kagura. She was ready to see what skills he already possessed.
OOC:

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Kagura smiled at her attempt at his name. "Nice to meet you Chi!" He was happy that she agreed to show him a thing or two, and that she didn't seem deterred by the aura he leaked. She even growled at the others staring at them. She really was feral, but she had a certain charm about her. That was
laugh.jpg
certain. He ogled a bit as her strange staff transformed into yet another form. She now carried a shield with a horn. It reminded him a bit of a rhinoceros. Looks sturdy! I guess I won't have to hold back!

The line "Show me what you got" was not one he'd have expected to come out of her mouth, but she did use it correctly. "Here I come, Chi-sensei!" He said with a laugh giving the cleaver a few flourishes and entering his stance. Kagura took a deep breath, gripped the blade, and sent his chakra flowing through it increasing it's cutting power, and range. He knew Chi was strong, so he decided just swinging away mindlessly would be a waste of time. If I swing my blade it better draw blood! That was when he came up with a plan. He bounded towards Chi and then darted away again and again. His movements were erratic, and placed him in and out of her field of vision. This was his take on the shadow dance, a technique that allowed him to strike from a blind spot with ease. He moved like this just long enough to,hopefully, confuse her, and then it was time to strike. He appeared from behind with a cross rip!

He was sure he wasn't in her field of view when he let his blade fly and he had made sure to time out this ice dance she was performing. If you looked at his face you could see a demented smile as he attacked. Kagura wasn't holding back his strength or his aura, and he was certainly aiming for the kill. He believed that Chi was stronger than anyone he'd ever fought. If he held back he wouldn't gain anything. Besides, he was sure she wouldn't disappoint him.

OOC:
Kagura speaking
Kagura thinking

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths

WC: 471
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

Chi told her new acquaintance to show her what he’s got, and show her what he’s got he did. Chi could sense his chakra entering the weapon, a technique she was all too familiar with. She slid around him on the ice studying him. He was getting into a stance of some kind and Chi could almost see the thoughts buzzing around in his head. He was strategizing and planning his move. Then he lunged at Chi and she prepared to block his attack. However, he didn’t attack. He started darting around her and she froze in place. The man appeared with his blade behind Chi, but so did Morisei. Little did he know the blindfolded man could see him without his permission, some part of him being able to see what others could not.

“Behind you, Chi!” He shouted, a grin covering his face. Chi spun on her heels and parried the attack with the tip of the shield’s horn. Then the shield transformed again, taking on the appearance of a shark this time. The blade was serrated and curved on the blunt side. A triangular piece jutted out of that side giving the appearance of a fin to complete the shark motif. Chi channeled her own chakra through the weapon, giving it a golden hue as she swung towards the boy multiple times.

“Dodge!” She yelled, not wanting to actually hurt him. She continued to slide around, freezing the ground at her feet and then melting it. After her strikes were done she would leap away, whether he was hit or not. She put some distance between them and cracked her knuckles as her weapon transformed back into a dagger. She ice at her feet melted as she stopped channeling her chakra. The boy had potential but she didn’t believe he was as strong as she was, not yet anyway.

“Strong.” She said, approaching him once she was sure he understood that he didn’t need to attack anymore. “Quick. Morisei save me.” It was then that Morisei noticed that the boy could see him. He tried to show himself but nothing happened. He was taken a back and unsure of how to react. Except, he reacted exactly the way you’d expect a cursed spirit bound to a weapon to react: He overreacted.

“Hey, what’s the big deal, guy?” He shouted, floating to the demonic boy and giving him a sniff. He calmed down slightly. “You smell like I do. There’s something…” He put some fingers to his chin and crossed his legs as he floated in front of him. Chi would offer to heal the man’s wounds should he have any, meanwhile Morisei was studying him. There was something strange that Morisei hadn’t experienced before. He felt a dark energy coming from Chi’s sparring partner and he liked it.
OOC: I could decide to have you hit or miss so I used stats and the jutsus I assumed you used to determine a hit or miss with a roll. It came up miss. Feel free to do the same or just whatever you want. Also, I'm allowing Kagura to see Morisei without his permission because you have the third eye ability. It seemed to make about as much sense as anything else. You can RP it however you want, if you want it to be a hazy form that you can hear or if you can just see him outright.

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Kagura was certain he had the drop on chi until a floating man appeared and warned her of his attack. The momentary warning was enough for chi to parry his strikes with ease. "Two on one? that's not fair!" he joked. but where did he come from? His mind had drifted off until he heard Chi tell him to evade.

He had snapped back a little too late to come out unscathed even with chi's warning. He deflected the first strike and which just grazed his shirt and ducked the second, but this put him in an uncomfortable position one chi would see and pressure. She wasn't letting up swinging at him a few more times each hit cutting more and more deep. At this point, he was less focused on avoiding them and more on calming himself down. Kagura didn't even notice chi back off as he fell on his butt. He was focused on him wounds. They weren't serious. Chi wasn't trying to kill him, but the nature of her blade made it more likely for an opponent to bleed. Ahh my blood it's been a while huh. One could make a sly smile on his face before he seemed to snap back. Wait stop the bleeding and breathe. He did as he thought using his own chakra to aid in stopping the bleeding as quickly as he could, and taking a few deep breathes.

He looked up at Chi and the strange...spirit that seemed to lurk around her. He clearly wasn't a human due the way he floated around. He was looking him over as was Kagura. "Well it's my loss this time, but next time I'll get a strike in." He laughed it off though his words had been serious. "I don't smell nearly that bad." He joked again not quite sure to make of the floating guy's comment though he certainly felt what he was talking about. "Gonna introduce yourself or just keep sniffing me?" He would asks extending a hand outward.

[MFT: WC:345 Sorry it took me so long please ping me if it ever takes me this long again should never have to wait more than a week without explanation]
OOC:
Kagura speaking
Kagura thinking

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths

WC: 412|MFT
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

“I am Morisei!” The spirit shouted triumphantly, spinning a length of chain that was wrapped around his legs. “And you could see me before I reveled myself. What do?” He was relaxed now, though suspicious of the man. He knew there was more to him than met the eye, but Chi on the other hand wasn’t quite able to sense what Morisei did. However, she was just as surprised that the man was able to see her usually intangible partner. She also realized that he was able to see that Morisei reacted to his attack for her. It may have been cheating in some sense, but if you have a spirit trapped inside your weapon you may as well use him.

“Next time.” Chi smiled, taking a closer look at his wounds. She hadn’t been aiming to even hit him, she just wanted to see his agility. Apparently she overestimated her new companion and managed to cause some bleeding. She knelt down next to him and could feel the energy he was using was much weaker than hers. She would have offered to use her own energy to heal his wounds but he had done sufficiently well himself and was already done bleeding.

“Kagura,”
She said, repeating his name again to better remember it for later. “Are shinobi?” She asked.

“Of course he is, there’s no way someone that could see me isn’t a shinobi.” He scoffed. “You twit.”

Chi turned and began a short shouting match with her spirit partner, both of them speaking in their native tongue. After a moment Chi would groan and wait for an answer. Recently she had joined the village as a shinobi as well and was interested in meeting others. She knew if she wanted to become stronger she needed stronger opponents. Her fights since arriving in Suna, once with Ichiro and once with Kaen, had shown her that here was much more room for improvement.

“I am… New.” She was practicing complete sentences but was still getting used to using the common language so frequently. She didn’t speak much at the manor, which is why she could understand the language but not speak it as well. “I… Was raised… By goats.” She smiled at her accomplishment, although she did have to think hard to find the words she needed. “Fight many… Uhm… Animals.” She scratched her head, meaning to refer to predators of the Forest but unable to find the words. “You train here?”
OOC:

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
"Nice to meet you Morisei, I'm Kagura. As to why I can see you...I guess I've got special eyes." He introduced himself to the floating spirit, and offered a half hearted explaination. Kagura wasn't positive, but it was probably his demon senses that allowed him to see Morsei when he supposedly shouldn't be able to. While he was sure Morisei had figured there was something different about him, he wasn't all that keen on sharing the details. The last time he shared it only led to misfortune, not to mention it wasn't a power he had total control over yet.

Kagura gets back up to his feet, and laughed a little at the dispute they were engaged in. They were like a couple arguing. "Yes I'm a shinobi though I'm pretty new. I graduated from this place recently." He looked around the training field remembering the hours he had put in and all the classes he attended.
"So you're a shinobi too?" He questioned hearing her explanation. Raised by goats???? The fought many animals was a less surprising statement than the previous one; she was wearing a wolf pelt after all. "So you were out of the village until recently with your...goat family and now you've signed up to be a shinobi?" He stumbled over goat family, but he supposed that it was no stranger than his tale.

"Yes, I train here pretty much everyday, and so do a lot of shinobi. Though it's not always physical training for me anyway." He pulled the book from his pocket showing it off then returning it to it's place. Kagura felt a kind of kinship with the strange girl. She had been seemingly thrust into a world she didn't understand all by herself far away from home. Who knew where her family was? "Did they teach you about the military? Are you finding everything okay? If you have any questions I can tell you about the basics." He was more sincere in tone than usual here. She might be strong, but she seemed a little lost when it came to Sunagakure. Maybe he could return the favor of cutting him up with some knowledge?

MFT: WC 359
OOC:
Kagura speaking
Kagura thinking

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths

WC: 283
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

Morisei wasn’t content with his explanation but decided to leave it at what it was. He grinned ominously while his form floated about, moving in different directions and flipping up and down and all around. Chi wasn’t surprised to find that he had just recently graduated. She could see his potential but could also tell that he was yet to reach it. Kagura began to question her whereabouts before coming to sand and Chi was put off by the query. She wasn’t sure how to explain what her situation was like, only because of the language barrier.

“Family dead. Was… capture? Slave many years.” She maintained her expression giving the appearance that talking about her past didn’t phase her but it did. She hated thinking about her past and all the death. She knew that everyone had a past and she wasn’t one to dwell on it to others. She tried not to dwell on it to herself as well. It sparked something inside her. There was a darkness growing in her as if Morisei was rubbing off on her. She allowed Kagura to finish talking about his training and his questions before continuing.

“I find good. Was… Took in by shinobi.” She smiled. “Kind, yes? You? Cut you but help me.” She was surprised by the fact that he would be willing to help her so enthusiastically after she had sliced him up. Luckily it wasn’t a real fight or his whole body would have been broken. He didn’t seem to mind, acting as if it had never happened.

“Question, yes.” She blurted out, having thought of something that was of interest to her. “Know… Sweets, yes? Where get? Better in village?”
OOC:

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back