Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

First Steps [Open]

Yuutsu Miya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Breathe in, breathe out.

This particularly fine but foggy morning found one Yuutsu Miya pacing her way through the streets of the Susukino District whilst trying her best not to over exert herself with such a simple task. Taking some time to assess her strengths and weaknesses the night before, she had determined that she had none of the former and was comprised entirely of the latter. Sure she had a sharp, attentive mind but what good did that do if she could likely be thoroughly trounced by a child half her age and stature if they put their mind to it. Thus Miya became determined to strengthen her body, but with almost no muscle mass or physical stamina to speak of how could she possibly hope to become stronger? A puzzling predicament, how to become stronger with no strength to speak of, and with that Miya decided that she would begin with the most basic of basics, walking.

Breathe in, breathe out.

It was well and good to set out with your heart aflame with motivation, but entirely something else if within half an hour the only things still on fire were your lungs and leg muscles. Miya bent partway over, bracing herself with her hands on her knees trying just to take in enough air to feel like she'd survive the rest of the morning. Surely it hasn't always been this way, she must do plenty of walking around at home? Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as her mind drifted over lazy afternoons reading in the library and relaxing in her room, utterly devoid of strenuous activity. Well today was going to be the last lazy day, of at least that she was sure (though she worried if things went downhill any further it would be her last day altogether).

Taking one last deep breath, standing, and raising her head Miya realized that her timely break had taken her all the way into Dawnbringer Plaza, nearly directly at the foot if the plaza's namesake statue itself. It was an imposing piece of artwork and Miya's imagination danced with the stories of Aion's heroism, trying to parse fact from embellished fiction as she looked up at it. Someone as strong as he could never have been so weak as to get winded from a short walk through the village, Miya had a long way to go if she ever wanted to even be able to dream of coming close to someone that great. Still... it wouldn't hurt to take a few extra minutes to admire the statue and get some inspiration while she rested a bit, would it?

Miya staggered uneasily over to one of the many benches littering the plaza grounds and pulled a bottle of water from her bag, drinking deeply and feeling the cool and refreshing liquid trickle down her parched throat. The morning sun was beginning to break through the early fog and Miya was glad she had thought to wear a heavier jacket than she usually would to fend off the crisp morning chill. While not exactly barren, the plaza was quite empty for this time of morning, though it was beginning to see the early comings and goings of passers by in their way to open their shops and restaurants or simply made their way towards their destinations

WC 555

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ninura couldn't really believe how foggy it has been today. And it hasn't really let up that much. It must have been raining pretty hard the night before, but she didn't know for certain. She was passed out from training all day yesterday to pay attention to what happened after she slept.

It was slightly chilly today, so the Sunaku decided to wear a long sleeve shirt to go with her black jeans. She had yet another encounter with with of of Dad's "associates", but gladly she managed to get away before they could "protect" her from whatever they think she's in danger of. Ninura has been wanting to see Yuzu, her friend, but it seems these random guys were strategically placed for Ninura to take the biggest detour ever.

The fog didn't help at all. The Sunaku had somehow made a detour across the entire Village, until she realized that she was at Dawnbringer's Plaza. A small sigh escaped her lips as a little bit of frustration was coming out. Ninura decided to sit down on one of the benches. Frankly, it was one of the benches that already had someone sitting at one end of it.

Once her eyes adjusted to the fog and visibility levels, she realized it was that one girl from the Ninjustu class. "Hey." Ninura started. "Remember me? From the Ninjustu class?"

Yuutsu Miya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miya finished drinking from her bottle, capped it off, and went to replace it in her bag when she noticed someone sit next to get on the bench. Fumbling quickly she managed to stuff her bottle haphazardly bath into her bag at the cost of dropping the entire thing on the ground, spilling its contents everywhere. Now even more panicked, Miya dropped to her knees and managed, over several seconds, to return her bottle, notebook, pill box, and various other toiletries to it without further incident.

Readjusting herself, Miya breathed a small sigh of relief before she realized that the girl had spoken to her, introducing herself as the student she had met previously in class. First she was late and now an incredible klutz, could she possibly do anything else wrong? Taking a second deeper, more steadying breath, Miya responded.

"N-nice to meet you again..."

Miya stammered, praying to find the correct words.

"Ninura-san was it? Yuutsu Miya, pleased to make y-your acquaintance," she said with a slight, seated bow. Of the two girls from her class Miya hoped she had gotten her name correct. The whole day just past getting seated was a blurry whirlwind of jitters that she could hardly remember at all. She had ended up heading home a wrecked bundle of nerves just from wondering if she would ever be skilled at anything, much less the delicate art of ninjutsu. Miya's eyes and attention wandered wildly as she looked for something, anything to talk about.

"I would say nice weather we're having, but it's a bit dreary isn't it?"

The weather? Is that really all you could come up with?! Miya screamed in her head, hoping her expression didn't betray her emotions too heavily behind a politee smile.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When she sat down, Ninura wouldn't know that Miya would lose all of her stuff from her bag. Of course, the Sunaku helped out, picking up some things that may have fallen out of her classmate's bag. She could tell that the other girl was kind of panicky.

She then reintroduced herself as Yuutsu Miya, and asked if Ninura's name was Ninura. She nodded, "Yup. Ninura since I was born." She tried to make a small joke, to break the ice.

Then the girl talked about how the weather was nice but a bit dreary. "It is. Don't really like the fog too much. Wonder if a Santaru ever had it in their minds one day to do away with the fog, make it to where there are clear skies."

The next part, kind of came out of of nowhere. "Are you alright? What's the matter to make you nervous?" Ninura asked. It was kind of obvious, of how Miya was acting, that she was nervous. And honestly, Ninura wanted to help. But she didn't know any other way, than to not even beat around the bush, so to speak.

Yuutsu Miya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miya grinned sheepishly at the question. She knew she had likely been coming across as awkward, but hadn't realized it was so obvious. She shifted a little in her seat as she carefully picked out her words.

"My apologies, I don't have any brothers or sisters, or friends who come to visit with me really. The manor is empty most days besides me so I don't have a lot of, well, a lot of experience conversing with others."

Miya scratched the back of her head, once again looking to the shrouded sky for answers nowhere to be found. After thinking a moment, she started to speak again.

"I wouldn't say that I'm panicked, just a little caught off guard by the sudden but welcome company and more than a little out of sorts from such a long walk..."

She stopped short of detailing how "long" her walk had actually been to save face, but if her flushed cheeks were any indicator alongside her recent class entrance then it was likely already given away. Rather than dwell on her athletic deficiencies, she changed the subject to something a little easier to talk about.

"So what brings you out here to the plaza this early? Do you have business here or did you just hasppn to be passing through and bump into me? I can't imagine anyone coming out here in the cold and the fog without a good reason...

Miya laughed quietly as she shifted slightly on the bench into a more comfortable position facing Ninura. Slowly but surely she was becoming more comfortable speaking to her classmate.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Her story was kind of sad. No brothers or sisters. And no friends. Ninura couldn't think of feeling all lonely like that. Yes, she has lost her father, but she still has her mother and two brothers as company.

"You can come live with me " The words that came out of her own mouth made her surprised. But she didn't stop there. "My mother is the nicest woman ever, and she makes a lot of great home cooked meals. Some of the foods, she says, originated in Sand. You'd only have to worry about my brothers. They might try to give you the cooties." Ninura giggled a little bit, and then patted the other girl's shoulder.

"Us girls have to stick together. My home might not be as big as a mansion or a manor, big it sure is big for another person. We can even share a room together."

And then Miya asked her why she was out here. Ninura let out a small sigh, remembering why she was here. "I was going to see Yuzu. But I kind of took a detour. It's a long story. But long story short, my father had died not so long ago, and strange men keep popping up saying they once knew my father. They usually say they are there to protect me, but i don't want protection. And I don't want them to constantly remind me that my father is dead." She sighed again, but this was more of a sad sigh.

Yuutsu Miya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miya stared for a moment, a little unsure of what to say. While she appreciated the offer, she was a little confused until she realized what age had said. To someone else, living at home without anyone but their parents must seem a terribly lonesome life. Even without siblings or visitors she was perfectly content to reread her favorite books in the library or study her family and the village's history... but even so the thought of even visiting a home like Ninura's seemed incredibly exciting.

"I don't think that relocating is necessary, but I wouldn't mind coming to visit some time if my parents agree to let me out beyond designated exercise or class time. Your home sounds like a really lively place!"

The thought of being somewhere with so much activity and so many people was a little intimidating, considering how quiet and simple her afternoons at home were. It might have to wait until Miya was a little more socially practiced and she felt like she could physically keep up, but she would definitely bring up visiting her new friend to her mother and father. Though on second thought it had been difficult enough just getting them to agree to allow her to leave for a short walk, with how opposed they were to putting her at risk for injury it would be another story entirely to get them to agree to visiting another person's home.

Miya listened intently as Ninura explained the circumstances of her dropping by. She had been on her way to visit the other girl from class, the skilled one who had transformed into her without any problems. Miya quietly hoped that one day she would be able to perform ninjutsu so effortlessly herself. When Ninura mentioned her father's passing and the strange men her expression darkened. What a concerning thought, having to worry about strangers appearing out of nowhere and bothering you to remind you of something painful like that. Or so she thought, but it had been on more than one occasion that she caught a glimpse of her own father subtly tailing her while she was out of the house, crushing her illusion of freedom as she realized it was just more supervision to make sure she was going to be ok "alone". She understood why he did it, but she felt she would never be able to grow if he was always watching her like that. Was he going to accompany her when she was to be out performing missions for the village? Miya returned to the conversation at hand, feeling a little guilty at being selfish by mentally complaining about her father after her friend had lost hers.

"I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father, even if he's a little overbearing sometimes I can't imagine how awful it would be if something happened to mine..."

Miya faltered slightly, unsure of what to say in a situation like this. She couldn't even imagine the thought of losing either if just parents, just the thought of it sent chills up her spine. After a moment of thinking carefully, she found her voice again.

"The way you talk about her your mother must love you very much, I'm glad to hear that at least she is alright."

Miya's mother was frequently out of the estate on some responsibility or another. If she wasn't on a mission she was out on patrols keeping the peace. Come to think of it, Miya couldn't remember the last time she had spent more than an evening's dinner with her mother or both parents together for that matter. Miya understood that her duties to the village were important, she just wished that there was a little more time free to spend together. Miya managed to shake her mind free of itself once again, the morning sun had begun to clear the fog.

"Ah, the sun. Maybe it will finally heat up a bit, I'd like to have the days remain warm just a little longer if I'm going to take many more of these walks..."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ninura was kind of surprised when Miya said she had parents. She guessed she jumped to conclusions a little bit too fast and thought differently of the situation. "Well, my door is always open to my friends." Ninura said, giving Miya a small quick hug.

"My home is!" The little Sunaku confirmed of Miya saying that her home sounds like a lively place. "I even have a swing set in my backyard that we can swing on. I used to
swing in them all the time with my brothers, but they haven't really played with me after my father's death..."
Her voice trailed off, thinking about her own father. She unlatched her canteen that was attached through a belt loop and looked at it.

"This was my father's favorite canteen. I've put my sand in it, so I can keep thinking that he's always with me, helping me, even though he himself was not a Sunaku. But he helps with holding my power. Sometimes, I feel as if the sand is him, always protecting me, always with me."

Some tears started to fall from her eyes, but she wiped them away when she realized that she was crying. She listened as the other girl consoled with her. Ninura was happy that this girl, someone she barely knows, is willing to listen to her, and be here for her.

Then Miya started to talk about Ninura's mother. She nodded and said, "She is where I got my power over sand from. She puts everyone before herself, and she has the greatest bestest kind of cooking." The fog started to clear up as the sun was coming out. It was a beautiful sight to see. Ninura had often come out early in the mornings to see the sun rise, and also tried to make the perfect timing to see the sunset.

She remembers how her mother would take her up above the city on floating buts of sand, to look out at the City horizon and watch the sun set. It has been a very long time since she has done that with her mother. "Mhm! The sun is very beautiful and warm and nice. My mother isn't used to the cold of this place, since she is a Sunaku after all, and I am like my mom too, the cold is sometimes too much for me. But then there's also hot cocoa!"

Ninura looked around, and was actually trying to spot something, when she did. She pointed at a small cafe. "They sell hot cocoa there! Want to get some?"

(429)
(MFT)

Yuutsu Miya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miya felt a tightness in her chest at seeing her classmate cry, the look on Ninura's face spoke volumes about how she felt about her family. All this time she spent irritated at having her father watching from a distance didn't seem so bad anymore. As Ninura asked her next question, Miya found herself craning her neck to see if she could spot what Ninura was looking for, even if she wasn't quite sure what that was to begin with.

"Hot cocoa?" Miya asked with a slightly puzzled look on her face. It occurred to Miya that, while she had a good deal of understanding from books, her real experience was quite lacking. So lacking in fact that she had never had the chance to enjoy a warm mug of cocoa. The occasional pot of hot tea was all they usually had at home, her parents would never normally allow her to eat or drink something to devoid of nutrition... so now was the perfect time to rectify that.

"Sure, I'd love to," she replied, "I don't think I've ever had it before... lead the way!"

Miya got up on slightly unsteady feet, wobbled for a moment, then righted herself fully before picking up her bag and preparing to follow Ninura to their new destination. The plaza was beginning to become more crowded as the various shops and cafes began to open door their first customers. It was a stark contrast to just her and her parents at home, almost to the point of being a bit dizzying. Miya felt herself becoming a little overwhelmed, and clung to Ninura's arm to prevent herself from tumbling to the ground. With slightly shaking knees, she steadied herself using Ninura as support before turning bright red and falling back down onto the bench, flustered.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry," she stammered hurriedly, "I didn't realize how much my walk had taken out of me and the crowd is starting to gather and... and... Please forgive my rude behavior."

In between words she made little apologetic bows, hoping that she hadn't offended her new friend by grabbing her so suddenly. She was additionally trying her best to hide the fact that she was on the verge of tears, letting her hair fall over her face intentionally.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ninura had led the way to where she knew the nearest cafe was that sold hot cocoa. Though, it was getting a bit crowded, and she could tell her friend wasn't having any if it as she clung to her arm, as a sense of steadying herself.

The Sunaku let her sit back down on the bench. She seemed kind of awkward about the whole thing. But she could tell that Miya was trying to be strong.

"Hope you aren't afraid of heights." Ninura said. She looked at the ever rising sun. As she was looking at the sun, she let her sand come out of the canteen and form a platform of sorts underneath her and Miya. Slowly, she let the sand rise up. Only a few inches. She never honestly made a desert nimbus with another person on, but she won't let her friend know that. "Look. At the sun rising. All the beautiful colors. How it looks like something out of a famous painting." Ninura tried to direct her friend's attention to the beautiful view. It was better than saying, don't look down. Better, and hopefully clear her mind a bit. Just to be on the safe side, Ninura added sand railing to prevent falling. After that was done, she let the sand rise up higher, to a couple of feet off of the ground.

And then, even a small bit higher, but still staying close enough to building rooftops just in case things go array. "My mother used to do this with me all the time. Whenever I'm feeling down, or had a bad argument with her or Dad. She brings me outside, fly above the city to watch either the sun come up, or the sun setting. Both are enough to make all my worries just wash away. And the horizon... It's so beautiful. And mysterious. In a good way. I want to travel around the world someday."

Yuutsu Miya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reganing control of her composure, Miya realized that the two of them were no longer on the ground. As they rose higher and higher Miya began to panic but once they broke free of the rooftops her voice caught in her throat. Ninura was right, it was beautiful just like out of a painting or a picture book. For just a moment she was so entranced by their surroundings that she forgot that they were standing on a platform of sand. In spite of her best judgement Miya looked down over the edge, it was a little dizzying but at the same time all of the people down in the streets seemed so very far away.

"Wow..." she murmured, taken aback by the sights all around her. She could begin to understand why Ninura's mother took her up here when she was feeling down, it was hard to think about being upset when the world seemed so very far away. Miya scanned the nearby buildings for her house, but had no luck finding it. She barely knew the city from street level much less from that high in the air. Miya turned back towards Ninura, careful not to lose her balance.

"I never really used to care about the rest of the world, I was happy just living in my own little world at home. But going to class and meeting so many new people made me want to see the ready of the world, too. The only problem is..." Miya trailed off, hanging her head.

"I'm not like you, I'm not like any of the other students. You're all so strong and focused and skilled, I'm just frail and scared all the time. How am I supposed to be part of a team if I just hold everyone back?"

Miya turned back around, sighing as the chilly morning breeze blew through her hair.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ninura was a bit nervous, bringing Miya up here, once she started to panic, but soon, her emotions had changed. She gave a small smile to her friend, when Miya had showed amazement of the view. She listened as her friend talked. The self doubt that she has, if only she knew.

"Miya." The little Sunaku started, "Because of you, I've learned to never give up. In class, instead of giving up, you chose to try again, until you got it right. You inspired me to keep trying. You speak of me as strong and focused, and skilled, but how will all be useful if I just give up when things get going tough? You say you are frail and scared, but you are more than that. A leader in my eyes. For setting an example. And for facing your fears, I seen that you were a bit startled when I got us up in the skies, but you didn't let that effect you when you enjoyed the view of the horizon with me."

She let that sink in, let the other girl think on what she just said. A few minutes later, she then said, "Your own weaknesses. They only make you stronger. For only you know your own weaknesses. You can turn that weakness, into strength. That's how the best leaders come from. They don't waver from their own paths. They are scared, but they won't let it effect them. That's what I see in you Miya."

Ninura looked down to the streets, she looked back at Miya, "Ready to go back down there to get that hot chocolate from the cafe?"

(Mft)
(274)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back