Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Flame and Stone (Kaen)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Takahashi Sousuke stared out from the window in his office. He was awaiting his next appointment. If the individual arrived early, that would be for the best. The individual he had summoned was not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. This individual withheld alot of information for himself and there were certain things stricken from the record. Redacted statements protected people. While the individual to whom the redacted statement belonged to was protect, it was those around said individual who was given security. This individual had shown a particular powerset, and there were whispers of a certain lineage this person had. The lineage was a troubling thing because this person had to protected from his own nature, and protected from a far larger threat that lurked outside. It was time to bring a certain legitimately to that individual. One could only be protected in the shadows for so long, but being dragged into the light had its own qualities.

Sousuke would place his hand upon the glass window. Sungakure was full of humans, but there were other individuals as well of different ilks. There were demons, half demons, and those who wielded the power of the gods. There was another group of people. who were far more limited in their numbers. They were half-breeds of the original oppressors of Wind Country. They were the descendants of Ancients, but they were not whole in their being. They were only in part. Kazuki was the descendant of the Deep Court. He brought a chill in the air when he was present. Some people were heavily affected by it. Sousuke was not one of those people. He felt it, but it did not weigh down upon him heavily like it would others. The question was did this individual given the rumors had a similar presence? Only time would tell. He stood there with his hands behind his back. He waited, and he waited.

He waited for the Kaen, member of the ANBU, and something more.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Play Me

It had arrived approximately five to six minutes ago, the message was still laying on the coffee table inside his, and Kasen's, beach house. Kaen sighed heavily as he gazed out his own window, the gentle waves lapping repeatedly against the shore. The soothing noise reminded him of his sister, he only wished she had been around to help him think about this. Glancing over towards the note he re-read the signed name at the bottom of the page, it read ~ Sousuke.

He was being summoned to the Kazekage Tower, by Takahashi Sousuke, the Stewart, and ex-kage of Sunagakure. In truth, Kaen knew very little about this man, he had only seen him once years ago. Aside from that, the only thing was he was Kage at the time of his, and Kasen's arrival. He gave the OK for his immigration, and to allow him to find work as a shinobi. As a matter of fact, you could almost say this man was responsible for Kaen's very well-being, in a sense. Respect was not something easily gained from Kaen, only a few had managed to garnish such a feat. The young red-head was still unsure how to feel about a man he never met, all he's heard were stories. But these stories were nothing to scoff at, no. This man was a literal legend, Kaen's stomach turned over with anticipation and apprehension.

He wasn't sure why he had been waiting at all. The thought of running flickered through his mind for a brief moment, but it was quickly tossed aside. Such a ridiculous notion would not have ever worked out. They would have either hunted him down or held his sister ransom. Perhaps not, but he feared the worst. It would not be entirely unexpected given their nature. His sister's surprising turn of events that revealed much insight, and his own fiery lineage. His direct contact with Mother Suna herself, her decree to remain hidden for fear of his safety. Kaen was not sure what to think or feel right now. He had not felt fear in such a long time, could this be that?

Minutes later the wind would be whipping past his face as he dashed across the desert sands towards the village, the note tucked safely within his pockets. It would not take him long to arrive, whether one would call it late or not was beyond him. He did live a small distance away from the main village. After Kasen's disappearance, he needed a reprieve from society. Since her disappearance it had become increasingly difficult to mask his aura, his nature. And so he left his house in the residential district for that beach house.

His footsteps echoed across the hard floors of the Kazekage tower, the long hallway seemingly twisting endlessly towards a height unknown. This place felt much larger on the inside. Had he ever actually been inside here? No, I don't think so. It was only just past mid-day, there were still others wandering about inside. Workers, visitors, unknowns, he was not the only one here. This would complicate things should push come to shove. Kaen's mind would begin to race as he tried to think of another reason Sousuke would have called him here today. He knew exactly who he was, more than he wanted. Had it only been addressed to Kaen he might not have given it much thought, given the current state of affairs with the Unbent. But it mentioned his Anbu alias within the message, and yet it was addressed to him. How much did this man know? Given that he was previously kage that answer could lead to complications. Unsure of what he would do if he brought up anything about Ancients.

For what felt like a long time, Kaen had no immediate plan of action. And yet he continued forward towards the looming door ahead. Kaen stood facing the door in silence, his body not wanting to move and knock on the door. Attempting to keep his composure as best he could, Kaen would raise a single hand and knock twice on the door. "Come in!" A small voice came from the other side. Kaen would enter and be greeted by what he assumed was a receptionist of some sort. "Name?" Honestly, he was not sure what to say, Kaen, Shinku, Ruin? He had come wearing his regular street clothes, he didn't really know what to wear. "Shinku, Kaen ma'am." She would give a quick decisive nod and directed him to take a seat. As he did so he would listen as she paged Sousuke.

A moment later she would call out to him.
"Lord Sousuke will see you now." Kaen would take a deep breath before standing up from his chair. He would give the lady a polite nod and continue towards the final door, Sousuke's door. The door opened easily and quietly. Across the office, he would see a large man facing outwards staring out the window. Sousuke would not turn around and simply give Kaen a command. "Come in and shut the door..." Kaen would comply and shut the door behind him and remained standing a few feet in from the door. "You wished to see me, sir?" What else was he going to say? This was not a man to tempt fate with, he needed to tread carefully from here on out.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sound of the door closing meant that this meeting had officially begun. Sousuke stood back on. Kaen would see that the man was garbed in a black robe. The hood was up presently. Kaen would also see his metallic exterior which was silver in colour. He held his hands behind his back, which he would lower and then he would turn to see his guest. The Steward did not wear a flesh mask, but he did wear a face plate. Considering this was the second time he had met Kaen, it was perhaps for the best he not horrify the man who worked for him. Sousuke was certain that Kaen had seen and experienced horrors in his career, but he did not need to have one present in the form of the Lord Steward. He would incline his head."Thank-you for closing the door. There are a few things we will be discussing that will not be leaving this room, but it is my intent to give you things to leave this room with." He spoke in a warm fashion. He would motion for Kaen to have a seat. "It's a hard thing sometimes, to know people before they know you, but it's moments like these that... make things far more personable. I can tell you your shoe size, I can tell you your height, and I can have a pretty good estimate of your diet. You might want to try a size ten and a half. Ten seems to be a bit snug for your foot. " The metallic expression was rigid, but it would have seemed like there was a grin upon it.

"I did not invite you to talk about shoe sizes. I came to talk to you about something bigger." He would take a seat and sit across from Kaen. He did not sit behind the desk. He walked around the desk and took a seat that was angled across from him. "I'm curious about a number of things. If you are comfortable you can allow your nature to manifest. If Lord Kazuki is by any means a measure... there is a possibility the room will get hotter. Such a thing might have caused me to perspire when I had flesh... but I don't anymore." In a few sentences the Lord Steward approached the topic he wanted to talk about in a very casual and a plain manner. He was going to confirm what Kaen was, and it was not troubling in the slightest to him. Equally Sousuke had told the youth something telling in his own state of existence at the moment. "I've had one full Ancient work for me in the past, his situation was ... difficult ... but things worked out for the better for everyone in the end. I've had a half Ancient being Lord Kazuki work me as well. I offered him a home when he had none. In my younger years... I engaged in combat in the Grand Palaias to unseat a half Ancient being Ryuu Tama and his criminal empire over a ... misunderstanding because he had been lied to about an outcome during the Cabal crisis. I had half of my face fried, and my eye destroyed. Misunderstandings lead to loss of limb, eye, and other terrible things." Sousuke spoke in an amused sense about the loss of eye. He folded his fingers and rested his hands on his lap. He sank back into the chair. "Tell me... why do you get out of the bed in the morning? I do so because I know there are people counting on me. I need to sign off on people's cheques. I know that people count on me to keep them employed. I know that if I don't repair structures or build structures ... people will be homeless. That's the tip of an iceberg... not that I've ever seen one. Have you?"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This man carried himself with confidence, it exuded outwards like the sun piercing the darkness. The first thing he would notice was the glint of metallic colors, Lord Sousuke appeared to be armored up so to speak. This was most concerning for the young Hybrid, did he always wear it or was he prepared for a fight? Kaen would tense up as he spoke up, his voice was almost surprising with boldness and tenacity. As his superior turned to face him, Kaen would lock onto his mask. He had seen it before, flashes of the Barynx attack flooded into his mind. And then flashes of the end result of Kasen being mortally injured.

He was uncomfortable to say the least, so much so it was taking its toll on his resolve. He was already uneasy about this meeting given his nature, it was becoming increasingly more difficult to repress and hide it. The room would of course become slightly more torrid, the moisture in the air was dissipating quickly. He would push it down harder, his effort becoming slightly noticeable.

"Thank-you for closing the door. There are a few things we will be discussing that will not be leaving this room, but it is my intent to give you things to leave this room with." Kaen's mind instantly plunged into more confusion, what could Lord Sousuke possibly want with Kaen? Kaen would hesitate at first, but would take the seat so as not to cause any suspicion on his part. He would not respond as it would have been rude to. He continued to listen on.

"It's a hard thing sometimes, to know people before they know you, but it's moments like these that... make things far more personable. I can tell you your shoe size, I can tell you your height, and I can have a pretty good estimate of your diet. You might want to try a size ten and a half. Ten seems to be a bit snug for your foot. " His stomach would turn over and then back again, he resisted the sudden urge to vomit. This man knew far too much about him, and to the shoe size? That alone was not something to look to far into, but why else would someone go through so much effort to know such things. Sure, being a part of the Anbu exposed a lot about his personal life, but simple things like that were not something just anyone would know, let alone want to know. Kaen would shift in his seat, unsure of how to respond. Thankfully the Stewart would continue giving Kaen another reprieve from the spotlight.

Sousuke would surprise him further, not just with having something big to tell him, but would approach him and sit next to him in a very informal fashion. "I'm curious about a number of things. If you are comfortable you can allow your nature to manifest. If Lord Kazuki is by any means a measure... there is a possibility the room will get hotter. Such a thing might have caused me to perspire when I had flesh... but I don't anymore." Had he not previously used the restroom prior to leaving, Kaen might very well have crapped his pants. These words dealt a serious blow mentally that he nearly lost his breath physically. His eyes would widen to rival that of a dinner plate, he would try to speak, to say anything, but his voice escaped him. This was it, this was the day they would find out and he would be killed or tortured just as Shiori warned him. He would begin to panic, should he fight, should he flee?

Yet again the feeling would surge, his aura grasping, clawing, pushing itself to the surface. Clenching and straining his body he would push it back down. His willpower was strong, but was it stronger than that of the Flame Court? "I've had one full Ancient work for me in the past, his situation was ... difficult ... but things worked out for the better for everyone in the end. I've had a half Ancient being Lord Kazuki work me as well. I offered him a home when he had none. In my younger years... I engaged in combat in the Grand Palaias to unseat a half Ancient being Ryuu Tama and his criminal empire over a ... misunderstanding because he had been lied to about an outcome during the Cabal crisis. I had half of my face fried, and my eye destroyed. Misunderstandings lead to loss of limb, eye, and other terrible things." He spoke of these things in a tone that was facetious in nature. Despite the situation he found himself in, Kaen could understand and respect such things. Losing something to that degree while still continuing to function and be considered in such high esteem was something to aspire to. This Sousuke was the real deal, that was plain to see.

Kaen had hear this name before, Lord Kazuki. He had no personal experience with the man, but knew that he was placed high above everyone else in terms of status. If he recalled correctly, he was a Sennin. But this didn't make any sense at all, he was a hybrid like him?! That couldn't be true, it was contrary to what Mother Suna had described. This had to be a trap, none of this was making sense to him.

Sousuke laced his fingers together and rested his hands on his lap calmly and relaxed back into the chair he was sitting in. "Tell me... why do you get out of the bed in the morning? I do so because I know there are people counting on me. I need to sign off on people's cheques. I know that people count on me to keep them employed. I know that if I don't repair structures or build structures ... people will be homeless. That's the tip of an iceberg... not that I've ever seen one. Have you?" Unsure of what course of action to take, his anxiety flared up and he quickly stood up, nearly stumbling backwards. Kaen was flustered, taken of guard. Usually he would be calm and collected, but with not just his life, but that of his sister's, he was lost in this moment. "I... I don't... Shit..." Kaen couldn't hold it in anymore, he already unstable mind was breaking under the pressure and surprising knowledge this man possessed. It flooded out uncontrollably...

It was almost painful at this point, seizing his head as if it were going to explode on the spot he would buckle over. His nature came with ferocity and animosity. Falling to his knees his power would continue to flow out as a guttural cry escaped his mouth. Tilting his head to the ceiling, in what some might call overly dramatic, he cried out in defeat. Flames flared up around him, his shark-like maw was exposed. For a brief moment Kaen would stay on his knees panting, almost relieved that he didn't have to hold it back anymore. The damage was done, literally, there was no turning back.

But the moment would pass quickly, determination quickly flooding into his eyes. His gaze would turn towards the visage of metal and power, Sousuke. Rising to his feet, unsure of what really to say, he would decide that the truth would be the best option. Kaen was no liar, he would not back down from a fight, even if it meant losing his own. If it came to a fight, so be it. That which fuels our resolve is not so different, Lord Stewart. If you know this much then I can only assume you know just about everything. The depth of this knowledge is unknown to me, but I will tell you this much. The reason I keep moving forward, the reason I hid for so long, it's not out of personal gain, but to protect my sister Kasen." Speaking her name allowed in such an affirming way fueled him further. He purposefully left out any details about his encounter with the Mother of Suna, he would not betray his Queen. Only time would reveal the truth, and Kaen would have it at any cost.

"I do not wish to fight you, Sousuke." That was a lie, but not in the way it would pertain to this situation. In truth Kaen naturally wanted to fight everyone, to test his mettle against that of a rivaling power filled him with excitement. But now was not the time and he was basically in self preservation mode at this point. "But if comes down to you, me, or my sister, I pray Mother Suna have mercy on your soul." Kaen would assume an offensive position in preparation for what might come. He was both terrified and exhilarated. Was this the end?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke watched Kaen slowly descend into maddness. It was not pretty. Kaen had come to realize quickly the full potential of the Steward's resources. The man had eyes all over, and those eyes had eyes. It was like the mythical creature known as the Beholder giving birth to tens of thousands Beholders. A frightening concept if one knew the nature of a Beholder and the terrible powers it had. Thankfully for Kaen the knowledge that was being revealed was not being used against him. Kaen's nature was fully revealed. The Steward sat in what one called close proximity to the young man. The fire radiated and burned away the cloak the Steward had. The Steward sat through the heat and did not burn. The cloak burnt quickly and what remained sat upon the steel frame of the Steward. Takahashi Fire-Forged Steel was resistance to fire of this magnitude but it was not immune to it. His body glowed red for a small amount of time. The truth hurt, but not as much as one thought so. The Steward looked down at his being seeing that the hood was gone as was his robe. His metallic flesh was now a tinge of red. "No. You want to fight me. Homura and Fuujin while brothers, there was perhaps a duel between the two. Homura was consumed and driven by combat. It was like breathing. You are withholding that, and that is absolutely admirable in the extreme. I thank-you for that." He spoke calmly and cooly. The words spoken were a contrast to his slightly heated form. "If I recall correctly your sister showcased a certain ... aptitude for water. She was instrumental in helping to defeat Barnyx. While on that matter I do owe you an apology for a miscalculation of mine. Yes... I am indeed sorry for my technique hitting you in the way it did. That was apology that was overdue..." Sousuke admitted with much shame. He inclined his head for a moment so as to break eye contact with Kaen. Onward and forward.

"Curious thing. You referred to me as Sousuke. Not Lord Steward. Not Sennin. Not by any of my titles. You're speaking with me directly, and that is very important." It was not a reprimand. It was an observation. Kaen suffered such a shock in the information revealed, it removed all false pretenses. "You see... I don't need Mother Suna's mercy. I had her love for a time. She loved me in a way I could not understand until recently... until this happened." Sousuke's colour had since changed back to its normal grey. The Steward's hand reached up and removed parts of the faceplate. He would continue to unclip and remove parts of the helmet. He would pull the helmet off and reveal a metallic skeleton for a face. The eyes glowed a bright white for a moment. He would place the helmet along with the faceplate down on the floor. "Understanding the human condition and becoming wise comes at a cost. One month, twelve days, six hours, and forty-seven minutes I paid that price. I won't bore you with the details." The metallic jaw shifted for a moment. He seemed uncertain for a moment. "It's strange. Being human requires a soul, but what happens when you're flesh without the soul? Is a machine with a soul, part of the human experience? A question for the philosophers." Sousuke would remark. It was a horrifying concept really. One that a few could comprehend. Sousuke wondered if Urufuu was rolling in his grave. That long dead member of the Cabal who resented Sousuke courting his niece. Urufuu was dead and dead for quite some time. Sousuke was still very much around, and so was Yume. His former paramour had accepted what he had become, and she still loved him for it. Sousuke over time had been working with his reveal to certain individuals.

"This does not leave this room but Mother Suna is no longer with us. Spiritually? Debatable, but physically no. Her story is long and complicated. I'm fully uncertain as to your origin story, but ... those of both Ancient and Human heritage do not just appear out of nowhere. The Lord of the Deep Court has his descendants. Homura was not known for breeding with humans. It makes your state of existence a curiosity. It is your business to share it with me, and it is your business not to share it with me. I do want you to feel at home in Sungakure. Lord Katuso had brokered a peace with the Lord of the Deep and Mother Suna when she was still present. Both of them have ... disappeared for the time. I suspect they will return, but for the time being that leaves you... having to hide and feel like a stranger in your own household." Sousuke would pause for a time. He would bring his hands apart. He would look at Kaen. His eyes glowed blue for a moment. Chakra mist would raise up from his eye sockets. There was a focus here. "Takahashi means high bridge. I have kept this village up for a long time. I want you and your sister to cross the bridge safely. I want you to feel protected within the realm. Who protects the protectorate of your sister? That would be me. As such I am willing to give you an extension of my resources."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was astonishing, to say the least. Never had Kaen come across someone of this caliber, this... steadfast nature, unwavering in resolve and determination to see whatever this was through. As if he was not even living and merely a metallic replica of himself, Sousuke remained unwavering against the flames that viciously exuded from Kaen. Not unlike the beacon of hope that this Lord Stewart represented to Sunagakure's people, so too did his plated armor emanate a red hue of luminous light. Despite the madness that ensued in his mind due to this sudden confrontation, he was still very bewildered by the integrity of this man's body.

With composure at its peak Sousuke would speak once more towards Kaen; "No. You want to fight me. Homura and Fuujin while brothers, there was perhaps a duel between the two. Homura was consumed and driven by combat. It was like breathing. You are withholding that, and that is absolutely admirable in the extreme. I thank-you for that. If I recall correctly your sister showcased a certain ... aptitude for water. She was instrumental in helping to defeat Barnyx. While on that matter I do owe you an apology for a miscalculation of mine. Yes... I am indeed sorry for my technique hitting you in the way it did. That was apology that was overdue..." Barynx... that felt like a lifetime ago. Both he and his sister had only recently adopted Suna as their home and refuge. It had come to be what felt like a permanent place to reside, until now. Or at least these were the thoughts that coursed through Kaen's head. He was wary, he was still unsure of what to make of all of this.

"Curious thing. You referred to me as Sousuke. Not Lord Steward. Not Sennin. Not by any of my titles. You're speaking with me directly, and that is very important." He would continue. "You see... I don't need Mother Suna's mercy. I had her love for a time. She loved me in a way I could not understand until recently... until this happened." Kaen's flames would begin to settle into a gentle, yet still perceivable and vibrant source of light and heat. To any onlookers outside they would most likely see the room lit much brighter than it normally should be. Whether it was out of some unspoken hint of respect, or simply just not sure of how to respond to any of this yet, Kaen would remain silent. As to why he referred to him simply by name would reveal much about Kaen. The heirachy of this place felt like a farce to him, perhaps it felt like it was more of a "Who you know" type of thing. If Kaen were to refer to anyone by their title it would be because Kaen personally felt they deserved it. And this sort of respect was not something easily garnered from the Hybrid. The core of the Flame Court burned ever brightly deep within his soul. The essence of Homura himself coursed through his veins, thanks to Shiori, the Mother of Suna.

But this too only confused the young man even further. Those two were... No, he couldn't have meant that. She detested that sort of psychical relationship, it had to be something more than that. But again, why would she have told him to remain hidden if she herself mingled among them, even to the point of gaining her affection. Granted Kaen could not say he knew her on a personal level, but his initial experience did not convey that such a thing would have taken place. Oh how Kaen wished she were here now, his Queen. He had so many questions, so little understanding of what he really was. Over time he slowly learned bits here and there, but the real truth still escaped him. Perhaps Sousuke was that gateway, the path to the exoneration of his amalgamated dna.

Feeling no immediate intent other than wishing to converse, Kaen's stance would begin to relax. Yet his aura still remained. It was pleasant, freeing almost to not have to hide and suppress it in front of his peers. Sousuke would continue to surprise him as he watched him slowly remove the restraints that held his face plate in place. A small, and totally not meak-like, gasp escaped his mouth. What was he witnessing?! He knew that the human race had come far in regards to technological advancements, but this was on a level of its own. He was intrigued, fascinated, and yet he still felt daunted and alarmed with this development. What exactly was Sousuke?

"Understanding the human condition and becoming wise comes at a cost. One month, twelve days, six hours, and forty-seven minutes I paid that price. I won't bore you with the details. It's strange." A small pause would be noticed, the lull in the conversation did not last long. What was he thinking? "Being human requires a soul, but what happens when you're flesh without the soul? Is a machine with a soul, part of the human experience? A question for the philosophers." This was a most profound and perplexing thought that Kaen could not grasp. He was not wise in a philosophical sense. He did not understand what Sousuke was, how he came to be this way or even how his mind was able to manipulate the minute and complex structure of his being. Though he really had no idea what he was talking about, he understood the complexity of life as a whole and how various life can be in all its creation. This was not a normal world by any means, what even was normal? Demons, angels, gods and demi-gods, hybrids, unbent, ancients... the list went on. He could not offer any input towards this philosophical impasse.

He had remained silent for the majority of their meeting, what could he even say when he felt his life was at stake. Normally he would have gone on a wild tangent of voistrous claims of power and fiery power. But this was the Stewart of Suna, the implications of his death would cause a large uproar that would lead to not only his own possible death, but that of his sisters. This was not something he could accept and therefore he remained cooperative. And then the finale, a statement that would shake Kaen to his roots, his source of power.

"This does not leave this room but Mother Suna is no longer with us. Spiritually? Debatable, but physically no. Her story is long and complicated. I'm fully uncertain as to your origin story, but ... those of both Ancient and Human heritage do not just appear out of nowhere. The Lord of the Deep Court has his descendants. Homura was not known for breeding with humans. It makes your state of existence a curiosity. It is your business to share it with me, and it is your business not to share it with me. I do want you to feel at home in Sungakure. Lord Katuso had brokered a peace with the Lord of the Deep and Mother Suna when she was still present. Both of them have ... disappeared for the time. I suspect they will return, but for the time being that leaves you... having to hide and feel like a stranger in your own household."

That was the hard truth, he was a stranger, an outsider, an outcast among the people of this land. He felt as if he was to be made a monster in the eyes of these people. It was all he knew of Ancients and there long history of war and tyranny over the mortal humans. He simply could not understand how some semblence of peace could have arose given that the humans destroyed their kind. Perhaps after so many years her spite grew dull and evolved into something progressive. After all, Shiori loved this land, she was this land, she is this land. The Mother of Suna did not gain that admirable title for no simple reason.

Things were coming together now, it seemed. The gears visually turning in Kaen's head as he made sense of all this. "I... I don't understand. How could Shiori be dead? She and Katsuo... peace?" Kaen had searched for her simultaneously during various missions. Searching, feeling, probing for any hint of her existence, her presence, her earthly aura. But ever since that time in Sora she was lost to him. Perhaps Sousuke was telling the truth, but Kaen did not want to accept it. What was the purpose of any of this without her guidance? Yes, he had Kasen. But she herself is just as lost and confused as he is regarding their makeup, their twisted dna that labeled them Hybrids. But now he said her name, undeniable proof of his involvement with the Ancient race, and the Lord of the Earth Court herself, Mother Suna.

A sudden shift in the conversation peaked and Sousuke's demeanor changed. Seriousness weighed heavy on his words, more so than the entirety of this previous conversation. "Takahashi means high bridge. I have kept this village up for a long time. I want you and your sister to cross the bridge safely. I want you to feel protected within the realm. Who protects the protectorate of your sister? That would be me. As such I am willing to give you an extension of my resources." Kaen's flame receded until only the feeling of warmth and heat remained. No longer suppressed, he let his aura reveal itself in its natural, unkempt form. His stance became relaxed, but still vigilant should anything try and catch him off guard. As wonderful as this sounded, Kaen had no way of fully trusting this man without simply taking a leap of faith. But he was still heavily perplexed about the entire situation he found himself in today.

"Shinku has no such grand meaning, just a simple name for a nothing family. My sister and I are all that are left. Shiori became an extension of my own circle, how do I know you're not lying? I was with her, I felt her power. She was stronger than I was, far beyond my scope at the time. I can't imagine her being defeated so easily." Kaen thought back to his initial power surge she gave him. It was unlike anything he had felt at the time, and yet she still bested him with ease beyond reasoning. "Disregarding everything about her, all of these things you've told me, what you've shown me..." His eyes locked on to the glowing eyes of the metal stewart. The visage of machine melded with humanity stared back at him. "I want to be free from this unspoken oppression. I've gone through each and every day worrying about this very moment. My history revealed. But that is a story I don't think you have time for, regarding how I... we came to be." Kaen's mind went to a dark place, a place he kept locked away deep within the recesses of his consciousness. It was a painful memory that still haunted him to this day. So many things left unanswered...

Aspiring towards a diplomatic approach Kaen would retake the seat adjacent to Sousuke. If there was to be an attack, he would deal with it. Being what he was, he would not be felled in one quick swoop. Perhaps it was prideful and overconfidence that filled his mind, but he did not think a handful of normal men could best him. And yet this entity before him posed the biggest threat. A fight between a machine would be most interesting. For once he was unsure of his ability to overpower this man-like machine. It brought back curious memories regarding a certain door... Refocusing his attention on the matter at hand, Kaen would continue; "What exactly does these... resources entail? I have no need for money or material possessions. What are you offering me, Sousuke? And what is it going to cost me?" It was time to get down to brass tax.

[OOC MFT]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke knew he had erred in what he had said, or rather how he had said it. Perception was something hard to control, or to always pull off perfectly. There was a confused look on his face when he spoke of how Mother Suna loved him. "Before you ask... no it wasn't physical love. The closest time we had was when she kissed me, but I was ... much much younger back then. It was when she revealed to me what she was, and I did not have the mental facilities to take it. I am not flawless." Sousuke spoke in a revealing manner. He was being truthful in the extreme as he was very much a flawed man with a number of shortcomings. "If I had my time back, things would have unfolded... differently. I like to think I am grown with age and become a very different person. Whether or not history recognizes or records that is another different matter entirely." Yes. History was oftentimes written by the victors, and sometimes certain things were left out for good and for bad. That was just part of the human condition which was expansive and staggering on its own.

When asked if he was lying, or how did he know he was not lying Sousuke was at a pause for a moment. His eyes glowed blue for a singular moment. He was pondering how best to answer the young hybrid. "In truth, I can do absolutely nothing about how you perceive the words I am telling you. I can only earn your ability to trust me. Being that we are sitting here ... and you've yet to storm out? I like to think you're considering the words that I am saying to have some truth to them. Unfortunately I am not a descendant of the Deep Court in which I am bound to tell the truth, but even those who are of the Deep Court can be... how can I say this... reckless with the truth? I have shared with you what is underneath my helmet. Not many have seen that yet. You are ... within the first ten." He spoke reassuring Kaen in what way he could. His mechanical jaw shifted for a moment. "I once battled Mother Suna once because she kidnapped Riyota to get under my skin. I defeated her at that time because she was a starved Ancient. Lord Sunahoshi Katuso bested her in combat with Lord Kazuki, but he spared her and then he restored her with his own bloodline. That was the last we had heard of her. The Daimyo had been collecting Ancients to fuel his troops. I had not heard that he captured her and drained her accordingly. That is... perhaps the best news I can offer. The Daimyo has retreated since the Swarm revealed itself. It is my intention that the Daimyo does not increase his captives. A slightly secretive objective mind you."

Sousuke would make a gesture of Kaen to try him, when it came to explaining his story. "Another time. We will have to review it in due process. I assure you ... there is something to be learned from one another when all histories are revealed." He would lean forward. "Your abode is humble. I think it is time you... move into the village. Money and material possessions can be of use from time to time. A Takahashi Fire-Forged Steel sword may... come in use against the swarm. I am offering you ... and your sister by proxy a legitimized call to nobility. I am offering you a Lordship... and I am offering you a position as a bannerman under the Takahashi name. The last time a family name was risen was ... forty years ago? During the time of my father. I will build you a household. I will give you and your sister armaments." The cost? That was going to be an odd matter to discuss. He raised a finger and curled it. He placed it underneath his chin. "I ask that you... don't feed on the souls of the residents of Suna. I am perusing alternative forms of nourishment for Ancients. Animal souls can offer nourishment, but I am exploring something else I am not quite ready to reveal yet. Being a hybrid you still can nourish yourself with human food? I've yet to fully acquire a full answer on that front. I would also ask for you to put your trust in me. Perhaps not right now, but over time. Trust is something to be earned." He would pause for a moment. "Lord Kaen of the House Shinku, the first of his name. That is what I am proposing here."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Lord Steward of Sunagakure held up to his rumored reputation, he was indeed insightful and clever being able to easily point out that Kaen had yet to leave, thus confirming his willingness to listen. Because he was indeed considering Sousuke's words. Just the fact alone that there were not armed Anbu waiting for him said a lot. Or at least he had yet to sense any sort of hostility aside from his own. Although, It was an honor to know that he was among a choice few that were allowed to gaze upon Sousuke's form, more specifically the face that was scarred with the memory of battle. Jumping in at the chance to reply, as he shifted his jaw he would speak. "I'm honored, you yourself are in the top five to know what I am." Unless you counted the ones that didn't live long enough to tell anyone else...

He finally had a bread crumb to search after. The Daimyo could possibly have answers in regards to the destiny of Mother Suna. But there was no time for another hunt, in the state of madness Wind Country had found itself in with the increasing Unbent issue. Kaen would give an understanding nod in response to Sousuke's wish to keep it a hidden initiative for now.

A look of confusion would wash over his previously skeptical expression. Moving into the village itself was an understandable request. They had lived outside for a reason. But if he was willing to forgo any ill feelings towards his, and his sister's nature, it was an easy thing to accept. But lordship, what did that even mean?

"I'm sorry, but I might have misheard you... What do you mean by lordship, don't you usually have to be born into the family for that sort of title?"" The exact method of how escaped him. How much influence did this guy have to just simply make such things so? "I don't really know what to say to this, it feels like an offer I would be foolish not to accept." Kaen would think for a moment, did all Hybrids possess the ability to sustain themselves with regular food? Kaen did, Kasen did. But they wern't exactly made the same way other Hybrids were. Granted Kaen himself did not know this method and only had Shiori's word to attest to that given the way she spoke of him, considering him to be an amalgamation of sorts and atypical in essence. "I am able to live off of regular food, however. I did not know of my nature until I came across Shiori shortly after being accepted as refugees all those years ago. I was around the age of 18 at the time. I would say it's safe to assume as such." Flexing a thought for a moment he would continue on. "Although I cannot deny the effects consuming souls has for me. But as far as your request goes, I would be willing to hunt only local fauna."

One thing still escaped him in all this. Why? Why not simply purge him and his sister. It would be simple given their natures. Labeling them as spies or insurgents working for the good of the Ancient race would be more than enough motive for exterminating them. What was his end game? "I have to ask though, because I'm only seeing the benefits for me and my own. What are you getting out of this, why are you seeking anything at all with Ancients? I was under the impression that we were to be hunted and killed upon sight, isn't that what the Rangers are for?"" Having been recently conscripted into the order for his deeds in the field, he was aware of the Ranger Order's original purpose. He had hoped it would be a means to hide in plain sight, so to speak. Or at least learn the methods they used to track and hunt the Ancients.

"00000"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Nobility is achieved through two ways, what you mentioned was the first. " Sousuke would answer with a slight pause, "The second way to be nobility to be named by nobility by a Kazekage or by a Steward. I happen to be in the curious situation of having been both, and for a time I had merged the titles but that was during the very start of my reign.. That's old history for some." Kaen spoke next of how it felt foolish to not accept the offer. Sousuke turned his head slightly. It seemed like he was amused his metallic visage almost smiled, if it could. "It is bad manners to refuse a Lord's offer... but not everyone knows that." His voice carried such amusement. Sousuke listened to Kaen explain how he gathered nourishment. It was informational as Sousuke had never witnessed Kazuki eat. It did lead him to believe that each hybrid had a different make up. He knew that in the case of Tama, he could eat but it was more for show. Tama was of Solar court. He had high amounts of pride, just as Kaen perhaps thirsted for battle. Kaen would concede to his one wish. "I do appreciate that. Should I do come up with something equally nourishing in my research and tests, you will be the first to know. I will not endanger you all the same."

Sousuke listened to the question being asked. It was a very simple one. Why? "History has this way of repeating itself. Lord Katuso risked much to have peace with Mikaboshi and Mother Suna. I wish to honour that and his vision for a better world. Destruction is easy, but building something that endures? That's the harder thing to do, but also the more rewarding. What am I getting out of this? The chance to build a future in which we're free from the chains of the past. Idealism, I know. We do have to start somewhere in this. Humans and Ancients have been at each other for a long time. I think it's finally time it stops, and it takes time to do so." His broke his gaze from Kaen and looked at the floor. "Ancients have wronged humans, but humans have wronged ancients. When has two wrongs made a right? A zero sum game gets us no where. While you are correct that Rangers were to hunt Ancients, they kept the wilds in control as well. We will be needing such with the looming war."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Destruction is easy, but building something that endures..."

These words echoed inside Kaen's mind, but what did they mean to him? He had a horrible habit of causing destruction, his innate ability naturally led him down that path that always just seemed inevitable. Did Kaen want to change, was he even capable? Things had grown so confusing over the years for him, perhaps it was time he stopped trying to control everything himself and let someone wiser guide his thoughts and actions. And maybe, just maybe the person most suited for the task was Lord Sousuke.

Ancients seemed like remnants of the past, hell they might as well be myths for how few of them truly existed. Now all that seemed to remain were whispers on the wind and the Hybrids of various courts. Leftover half-breeds that seemed stuck in a perpetual state of limbo, not able to fully fit in with Ancients nor that of human descent. No place for them to fit in, no respect garnered from either party. They simply... were.

Kaen would suddenly stand from his chair, he would loom over Sousuke. What was his aim, his intent? It was quickly made clear as his hand rose, extended outwards towards Sousuke. The look in his eyes was that of determination and focus. His words somehow managed to pierce his guarded mind and gave him something he had not seen since Mother Suna ignited his soul. It was hope, hope for a new beginning, hope for a brighter future not only for himself but that of his sister. His sister, Kasen, whom he sought nothing else but ultimately her safety, security and happiness. She seemed happy here, she seemed safe here, perhaps they need not run any longer.

"Very well, Lord Sousuke. I accept your offer full heartily." Kaen would wait for him to take his hand in this sign of agreement. While it was not any sort of written agreement drafted up by a legal sort, it was a verbal bond that Kaen intended on upholding out of respect. It was odd, really. Normally one would have to garner this respect in a much more physical manner. And yet here he was, astonished by the words alone from Sunagakure's Stewart of metal. Once he took his hand and shook it, Kaen would ask perhaps the final question. "What's the next step, sir?" And with that Sousuke had earned Kaen's respect. Having successfully brokered a deal with an agent of Mother Suna, a member of the Flame Court. Kaen could only speculate as to Kasen's response to all of this. He hoped as head of the family she would not resist or protest. This was for her own good, as well as his own for that matter. It would mean they would no longer have to run or hide, they would truly have a place to call home...

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke exchanged the physical gesture of the hand shake. He would do something even further to cement it, he would shake Kaen by the wrist. This was a gesture that had a larger deeper meaning to upholding an agreement or pact. It was a more formal way of doing it. Sousuke noted the choice of words Kaen had used, he had referred to Sousuke by title. In what little time they were in this meaning he had learned things quickly enough. Kaen had shown a form of fear at first, fear of what Sousuke had known. With careful wording and acceptance, Sousuke had helped Kaen to conquer his fears. This was the start of things. Kaen would face challenges from all sides now, publically, but he would grow stronger for it.

Kaen asked him what was next. Sousuke would raise from his seat. "I would have to amend the registry of Lords and Ladies. Technically paperwork and more paperwork. I will keep these details separate from your ANBU profile." He would pause for a moment, it seemed like he had become absent minded for a moment. It was then that the lightbulb had gone off. A new lord and lady had not been declared in sometime. Sousuke knew the process, but the paperwork part was easy. There would be some sort of ceremony for it. "Telling your sister is perhaps ... something important to do." He would add quickly enough, "There will need to be a ceremony. I will in time introduce you to Lord Akamichi Nobu. He is one of the more ... active Lords in court. He is a financer of sorts and a man who ... delights in ceremony. A feast would be in order ... if Lord Nobu has anything to say about it." He wondered if Kaen had a problem with him, then perhaps Lord Nobu would cause Kaen to mentally want to crawl into a hole and perish. There would be quite a bit of social activity to be had. "A household will have to be constructed for you and your sister. It will be done within the week, if not a few days. It will be located near the Takahashi household due to the bannerman status. My household does not compare to the Toraono Household, but it is ... very comfortable at the very least. I suppose ... you should give me the colour scheme for your rooms." Sousuke would add. This was perhaps the least of the daunting things for him to deal with. The Lord Steward did have to wonder between Kaen and Kasen who was perhaps the better socially equipped one. Kaen was adept at it but he needed time to adjust to the situation at hand. The Steward could not fault him for how he initially reacted. It was indeed very much of a surprise. This was, at least Sousuke thought, one of the better ways to approach such a subject. The social scene in Sungakure had to be progressive, things had to change for the better.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Like all structured governments, or at least the ones that function to some degree, paperwork is at the forefront of making things happen. Kaen was not surprised, the Anbu often consisted of writing detailed reports, ie paperwork. Kaen would nod along as Sousuke explained the process. He pondered as to how best to inform his sister, he would figure it out one way or another.

Kaen perked up a bit at the mention of a ceremony. He was not opposed to crowds if the setting was right. He thought back to the mission he went on with his anbu mentor, Joker. That was definitely an interesting and fruitful mission that required some finesse, it was a black tie event after all. Well... more of a masquerade, but still. . "Nobu? I don't think I've heard of him. Is there anything I should know about him prior to this engagement?"

As for the colors Kaen had never really given such things a thought. He wasn't exactly in a position to make choices or demands like this. Often he just accepted whatever was available, beggars can't be choosers ya know. After a brief moment of contemplation he would inform Sousuke of the color choices he and Kasen might favor. "I imagine Kasen would prefer something with light blue hues, white and gray. As for myself I'm not entirely that different. As cliche as it may sound I'm fond of the color red, a dark gray with white contrast may look quite nice. But as you and your own are constructing this most generous accommodations I won't be too picky."

There was one more thing he needed to discuss with Sousuke before he departed though. "There is one more issue we need to figure out. What am I to do about my... I'm not sure what the right term is, but I suppose you could call it an aura. I can suppress it if needed, but occasionally it can be difficult to restraint it. You are one of the few in Sunagakure that know what I am. I don't know if the general public is ready for this sort of reveal. What is your opinion on the matter?" It sounded as if Sousuke was going to bring his 'kind' into the light, but Kaen still had his reservations regarding how some of the more old fashioned types might view him, heck even the children may come to despise him due to the stories their elders may have told them.

[OOC MFT]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen had not heard of Nobu. It was understandable. Kaen had little interaction with higher society in Sungakure due to social constrains of what he was. That was going to change for Kaen and for his sister Kasen as well. Sousuke would explain, "Lord Nobu likes speeches, he likes delivering them and he likes to... embellish the facts slightly. He is behind the banking industry in Sungakure. He is a jounin rank, but he is not overly active in terms of service. Let him speak highly of you, even though you do not know him. He is quite the romantic and social person. He also likes his photo opportunities so let him ... do it. His intentions are to raise everyone up alongside of him. He is what one calls the positive sum game in terms of political science. He gains something and you gain something too." Sousuke explained to Kaen. The large noble would no doubt love the fact he could throw a party for the newly created Lord and Lady. Lord Nobu would not miss the opportunity to miss an opportunity. "I think that should do it, more over you need to experience the man."

The next topic Kaen spoke of was the household. Sousuke was already making notes in his mind for the homestead and its colour set. Building a household was going to probably cause some people to look onward at it. That was something he was not going to be able to fix. Again, he would probably have to entrust Kaen to socialize with his new neighbors, but again Nobu would be of use here.

"People develop an immunity to poisons or toxins over time by taking small daily doses of it. People build a tolerance to it and then are able to live with it. While your aura is not a poision or a toxin I would recommend you gaining a rapport with others... say with Lord Nobu. Over time you can ... increase your aura's effects with people, but be mindful of their reactions. That is to say... watch Lord Nobu. If he is profusely sweating then you've ... perhaps presented him too much of your aura. The other thing is that you will find some people straight up immune to it. I've proven to be immune to Lord Kazuki's aura, but I'm one of a few." Sousuke remarked. He hoped that this little bit of advice could help him.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I see. He sounds quite... I suppose interesting is the best I can put it for now. I'll have to experience him for myself to make any further opinions. What's most important, for me anyway, is respect. I look forward to the opportunity to garner such a thing from someone of such political standing. Having someone like that on my side, along with you of course, should bode well for my future." It had been some time since he, for lack of a better term, let loose. The last time he did he ended up burning down a club in the process of fighting with an unknown man who left just as mysteriously as he came. But that was a different time, a different Kaen. Things change over the years, Kaen was no exception.

Kaen would listen on as Sousuke explained how to handle his nature around others and it made sense to him. It wouldn't be an issue for him so long as his emotions were kept in check. But that also was not a problem and only became one when people were doing something they should not be doing. Such as endangering his sister, or disrespecting him. Otherwise he had learned to control those Ancient urges, to a degree anyway. "I understand. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. I can say with certainty that I look forward to the future, Lord Sousuke. While it still feels hard to believe it would come to this, I am glad it has. I suppose I should be on my way, I have matters to attend to. Intel suggests the Unbent will soon make their move."

The game of Lordship would soon be underway. While extra attention was not something Kaen sought after, perhaps it was a change he could get used to and embrace. It would provide opportunities to succeed in ways he otherwise could not attain. Kaen would make his way towards the door and open it before turning back to Sousuke. "Don't be a stranger. You're doing something I'm not sure I'm able to pay back any time soon. Don't hesitate to call upon me should you require my services." Kaen would give a respectful nod and close the door behind him.The board was set, the pieces were moving.

[OOC leaving topic unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back