Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

For my Country {Private RP}

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The elevator ride was a journey shrouded in silence. Jo wouldn’t even make eye contact with Hikari as they ascended to the fifth floor of the Dragons Rest. He was too ashamed, too disgusted with himself to even look his new Sennin face-to-face. The floor shifted beneath them as the elevator came to a stop, the bell over the doors chiming as they separated. Jo lead as they entered the hallway, making an immediate left and following it until it came to a dead end at a set of gilded French doors. He reached into his pocket then, and produced a small silver key. The small metal shaft gave some small amount of resistance as Jo forced it into the lock. Jo rapped a knuckle soundly on the key’s head, producing a “click” only audible to the sharpest of ears. While he could’ve gone to the receptionist and rented the room for the evening, Jo hadn’t quite felt up to the hassle (or the expense!). Anyone with a spare blank key, a steel file, and half a brain could make a bump key. It was how Jo had gotten into the suite to assassinate its inhabitant a few days prior, and it worked just as well now. Twisting the handle, Jo entered the room, drawing his pistol as he did.

The Presidential Suite of the Dragons Rest was a lavish affair; done in a western style, all the furniture was of highly polished hardwood and scarlet leather with brass rivets. As Hikari entered the main sitting room (complete with twin couches on either side of a coffee table, four end tables near the arms, and a gas fireplace (which had ignited itself upon their entrance)), she would notice the faint scent of elderflowers and lavender. The maids had done a good job cleaning up the room after the body was removed. They were lucky it had only taken a scrubbing of the carpet where the man had knocked his tray of food off the cart as he fell to the floor in anaphylactic shock. Jo quickly moved room-to-room, performing a textbook “sweep-and-clear” with the obnoxiously large Desert Falcon .50AE he carried as his personal firearm; a memento from the Marsh campaign, the chrome-plated pistolbolter could take down an elephant at close range. Once Jo had checked every room (sitting room, formal dining room, study, bedroom, and bathroom), he holstered his weapon inside his suit jacket.

He wasn’t finished. He then produced a small, battery-powered transistor radio from an interior pocket. The minute plastic device was available for sale at nearly every convenience store for a few yen. When he flicked it on, however, there was no pop-music whose sound could not be truly appreciated in mono; nor did the nasally voice of a sports announcer emit from the sole speaker. Instead, all that was heard was static. Jo cranked the volume up to the maxim the little novelty could emit; then, just as thoroughly as he’d cleared the suite, he went through every room and passed the radio over the furniture, potted plants, light fixtures, walls and doorframes. Had there been any listening devices present, the radio would have picked up its signal as interference, and produced a high-pitched squealing noise. Luckily, no such noise was made, and Jo’s scan was completed in only a few moments.

”Better safe, than sorry…” Jo muttered under his breath, more to himself than Hikari, though she would definitely be able to hear him. Jo returned to the sitting room then and motioned to Hikari to take a seat on one of the couches, then sat himself on the couch opposite her. In the flickering firelight of the gas fireplace and wall sconces (also gas fueled, and wrought of highly polished brass with crystal shades), Jo’s appearance looked less haggard, and more hard. Months of mal nutrition and lack of sleep left the skin on his face stretched taught over cheekbones, forehead and chin; the dark circles under his eyes accentuated by the flickering shadows. The grey three-piece suit hung from wearily slumped shoulders, giving the appearance of being slightly too large for him. Even his eyes, the hazel irises once bright and filled with life, were a muddy grey; though a flicker of determination and hope shone from his pupils. A moment of silence stretched between the two as they sat face-to face, Jo’s eyes never wandering from Hikari’s as he mulled the words in his head, trying to find the best way to tell her his awful secret. Instinctively, Jo reigned in his brain, as he subconsciously began compiling all the ways he could assassinate his Sennin. Two months of constantly hunting targets had left him with the misfortune of being constantly preparing to complete a mission, even if there wasn’t one to perform.

”Well…” he finally spoke. ”There’s no right way to say this… Hikari-sama; I’m guilty of treason.”

{MFT: wc819}

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari watched him on the way to the room. He was nervous. His eyes flicking from place to place. He seemed like a caged bird, or a hunted thing, rather than a hunter. Once they got to the room, Hikari waited for Jo to scan the room, making sure that there was nothing to listen in on them. She nodded to him when he returned to her, "Better safe, than sorry.." He muttered, though not to her.

"So? What's this about, Narashi san?"

”Well…” he finally said, ”There’s no right way to say this… Hikari-sama; I’m guilty of treason.”

Hikari raised a brow, "Against whom? You owe loyalty to the Shogun as well as our Raikage. Many of us might be guilty if it were not for the fact that our true loyalty is paid to Hayata sama. What have you done." She asked finally lowering herself onto the seat, and gesturing for him to sit as well. "Tell me. Let us see that we resolve this matter without any detriment to your life and career." If he thought she might be shocked or repulsed, he was wrong.

[Sorry it took so long. Topics drug on a bit longer than expected.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Against the Raikage, against the people of Kumogakure, and against the people I hold most dear…” Jo answered her question, his eyes turning away from hers in shame. ”I’m… I’m an unregistered Jinchuuriki… I have been for months… ever since the Marsh Campaign.” Hikari had been an integral part of the final chapter of the mission to destroy the Kingslayers, and had no doubt been filled in on the events of the mission in Marsh; wherein Jo’s entire team had almost perished in the atomic blast that wiped out a secret research facility and half the mountain. ”After the atomic blast on Mount Baekdu, I was knocked unconscious. While I was out, I had an otherworldly encounter with… lets just say he’s a deity.” Jo already sounded crazy talking about interacting with a God. It would only add fuel to the fire if he told everyone their universe was created by a coalition of authors and that they were living in the stories They wrote. ”He felt I was in need of some help, that I wouldn’t survive the explosion without otherworldly assistance. So he gave me what he considered a gift.” Jo’s eyes returned to Hikari’s. ”A demon.You’ve no doubt heard of the Jinchuuriki Kinjutsu; in which a demon is sealed inside a shinobi’s body. As far as I can tell, what I have is very similar, though he isn’t held by a chakra seal. The best way I can describe it is that our destinies are too intertwined to be pulled apart.” Jo didn’t expect Hikari to understand; hell, he didn’t understand it all himself.

”Anyway; the beast inside me is called By-Tor. From what I can tell, he’s the embodiment of the seven deadly sins. For a while, he just messed with my emotions. I’d find myself suddenly and irrationally angry, hungry, horny. It was only through sheer willpower and love for Saeko that I didn’t hit the Red Light District and blow every penny I have…”

”Then Masao died, and everything went to shit. You only know half of what I had to do to keep up the last few months. As the days blurred into weeks, I began supplementing By-Tor’s power for sleep. It wasn’t too long until he had more control over me than I did. One night I…” Tears began to well up in Jo’s eyes, his breath coming in shudders, his body shaking in emotional agony. ”I attacked Saeko! I mean, By-Tor did, but through my body! I couldn’t control him! I couldn’t control myself! I almost… I almost… but I didn’t! I was able to stop him! I was able to drive him back! It took every ounce of strength I had left, but I stopped him from… hurting her.” Shame and remorse covered his face. There was no way to explain this away, no way to reverse the hands of time. If he hadn’t stopped himself, he’d have killed himself afterwards. He had come to Hikari, not only as his Sennin, but also as a friend, and one of the only family members Saeko had left.

”I don’t think I can continue to perform my duties… not in this condition. I need to find a way to control this thing inside of me, and a way to redeem myself for what I’ve done, and what I’ve allowed to happen. Besides; not registering a Kinjutsu is treasonous and punishable by death under Kumogakure law. I am guilty… and I deserve death…”

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari listened silently, to what Jo had to say. and some of it was grisly, or uncomfortable. She nodded to each of his points and then after he was done, speaking of how he deseved death she said, "Did you seek out this being's assistance? It doesn't sound like you did. Although attacking Saeko, my cousin, is... " Hikari took a breath, "Obviously unacceptable, it is understandable, because of the madness you seem to be suffering at the hands of this god being. Treasonous though it may be, your confession puts me in a position to forgive you. If you had been discovered by someone in the medical branch, I don't know that I could have justified in protecting you... but you came to me. I am very happy you did. for your sake, for Saeko's sake. You will have my pardon for hiding your kinjutsu, and for any crimes you committed in the mean time, as they were as an illness to you." She told him, leaning forward, "However, this pardon is conditional. You must first register your kinjutsu with the medical branch, and then, you must ask to be declared unfit for duty. Madness is not something that befits an active Shinobi, and until you have your demon under control to such an extent that he does not pose any danger to your fellow nin, you cannot be allowed continue in your current path. I believe you should retire, if only for a time, not because I do not believe you to be a strong and capable shinobi, but because I do not believe that By-Tor should be allowed the access you have." She stood up and went to retrieve a pad of paper and a pen from a nearby desk.

"Here, I am writing your pardon, and my recommendation that you step down from active duty." She continued. "You will not continue being my Hand. If that seems cruel, I apologize. You are not being stripped of your Chunnin rank, but simply of your title. I also will write that I recommend that you submit to psychological treatment, so that you can learn to deal with By-Tor, and either bend him to your will, or block him out... Do you object to anything I've said?"

[mft 300+]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Thought I'd come in as this may well be final RP for Jo and also an important event for my new character. Hope this is okay! PM me if not.

We shinobi are really no better than “normal” people. We suffer in the same ways you do, dear reader. We get drunk and wake up in prison, sleep around and get a call from a girl 9 months later, lose all our money on get-rich-quick pyramid schemes, and of course, we also occasionally try to kill the ones we love most. I’ll give you a personal example: my fiancé, Narashi Jo, just tried to murder me. Again.

I know what you’re thinking. “Why won’t the stupid bitch just leave him?” It’s funny, because whenever I used to hear about these cases, I’d always find myself thinking the same thing. I’d sneer inwardly at the sobbing girls and boys coming to petition the Sennin for a restraining order against their significant other, trying to cover their bruises with way too much foundation or blend a nasty black eye into eyeshadow. Well, I wasn’t begrudging their attempt to separate from their abuser, but rather the fact that, like clockwork, they’d always go back. “But he loves me!” “He promised me he’d never hit me again!” Et Cetera. But now that I’ve been on the receiving end of a beatdown, here I am running barefoot through the streets trying to get my man back.

I really do love Jo. He’s a sweet boy who I molested for fun when he was a fresh-faced genin on a mission to hobnob with snobs. I only intended to tease him at first, but I guess he liked it, and I ended up liking him. A couple of nuclear explosions and antiterrorism operations later, there we were, planning to get married. When my old man died, Jo proposed. I don’t remember much about those days except for the deep blue of the sapphire ring he chose for me. He’d bought it on layaway, banking three months of a chuunin’s salary that hadn’t even materialized yet. I was pissed because I’d have to support both us in the meantime, all over a stupid rock, but at the same time it was romantic as hell.

But Jo also shares his head with a nasty sonofabitch named By-Tor, who may be anything from his unrestrained Id to an actual sealed-away demon stuck in his psyche. The difference doesn’t really matter. Not when he’s trying to strangle me and I’m bashing the barrel of a .357 against his scalp trying to knock him out of a feral rage. Unlike other women, at least we shinobi can defend ourselves in a fight.

Jo left our apartment bleeding copiously from entry and exit wounds to his chest and neck, and I think I might have a fractured jaw and some internal bleeding. It’s really not important.

What I’m really worried about is him finally going to confess everything to his boss. Our boss, the Sennin. Hikari is her name, and she thinks she’s a bear. Remember, we’re in Cloud, where insanity is a prerequisite for promotion. I know exactly what he’s going to confess to her now. One: that he has an unregistered Kinjutsu and is losing control over it. Two: that he tried to kill me.

If I know Hikari, she’ll laugh off the unregistered Kinjutsu and crush his head for laying a hand on me. At this point I’d rather her just sneer something like: “why won’t the stupid bitch just leave?” I really don’t want to lose Jo, not like this. I know we can’t be together anymore, but he doesn’t deserve to die.

I keep my eyes fixed on the ground and continue to follow the blood trail. I’m leaving my own blood trail, and our crimson is mixing on the cobblestones in my wake. People are looking at me strangely. After all, I’m nearly naked except for a hastily-thrown-on overcoat, my face is covered in bruises, my neck has an angry red set of handprints on it, and I’m bleeding between my legs. I try to wave it off. Just business as usual, nothing to see.

Jo’s gone to a hotel in Susukino. There – that’s my confirmation he’s about to spill the beans and lose his life. I can smell Hikari’s presence as well, and she’s pissed. One of Jo’s goons tries to stop me in the lobby, saying something about how I have to go to a hospital.

“Fuck off!” I grunt angrily and swat his hands away. I pull my shinobi identification from the pocket of my coat and flash it in his face. That’s right, I’m second in command of the Deathwatch – the Taxwoman Cometh. I outrank all of you scrubs in the Merces Letifer. “Where’s Jo?! Where’s Tanaka-dono?!”

The goon looks like he wants to cry, and looks at the floor. I stand there, bleeding all over the hotel lobby floor.

“Fifth floor, presidential suite.”

“Thanks,” I say as I brush past him and get into the elevator.

The music is insipid, but I could care less. I flip out a compact and stare at my face in it. Crap, I look like a raccoon now. I try uselessly to brush some powder over it and give up. When the door opens, I take a left and come to a stop against a set of crassly-ornamented doors. I try the knobs, and find they’re locked, of course. I can feel Hikari and Jo on the other side. Had I a bolter I’d simply blast the lock, but again, I’m almost naked.

“Let me in!” I shout and bang against the doors. “I don’t give a shit if this is a private RP! Tanaka-dono, don't kill him! Jo, we’ll work this out together!”

Christ. I’m breaking the fourth wall, just like father.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
{OOC: My most profuse apologies for double OOC-posting, but I have an anouncement to make. I will be leaving for IRL military service in less than 48 hours, and there's far too many RL tasks for me to accomplish in such a short period of time to continue RPing. From this moment forward, I bequeath complete control of my character, Narashi Jo, to Takaki Saeko, as an NPC. Furthermore, I do hereby retire my character, Narashi Jo, upon completion of this RP. Thank you all so much for your understanding and support. I look forward to RPing with you when I return.

Hoo-ah}

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari looked up after hearing Jo. He had remained silent in the wake of his forced retirement. That was when Saeko began banging on the doors. "What..." She asked quietly as she gestured to Jo to remain sitting, while she walked to the door. She opened them up and found a very beat-up looking woman, to be the one screaming. She was, as previously stated, wearing very sensible, dark colored clothing, with her hair hanging free. "What in the name of the god of blood are you screaming about woman?" She asked before she recognized Saeko. "Ah. You look like shit too. Why haven't you gone to see a mednin? Why have you not taken a pill to stop your bleeding. This is too classy a hotel for you to show up looking like you just got out of a meat grinder." Hikari put a hand on her hip and frowned at the woman. "I'm not killing Jo." She said, with the obvious addition of the word 'yet' hanging unspoken in the air around them. She took a step back to take a look at the girl and clicked her tongue. "Get inside and let's do something about any open wounds you have. You're no use to me or anyone if you bleed out." She looked over her shoulder at Jo and sent him a very harsh look.

"Go get the first aid kit, and boil some water." She snapped at him. "What the hell were you thinking Takaki Saeko?" She didn't ask the questions about why she was still with Jo, because she didn't need to. Village mom-vibe would do it for her. She suddenly felt somewhat guilty for not... contacting the girl about her father. Or after her mother died. Isolation probably sucked. Maybe that was the reason for the bad life choices. She sighed. "Sit." Hikari pointed sternly to the couch, "And we'll discuss... your situation."

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If Hikari wants blood for the blood god, I've got plenty. If she wants skulls for the skull throne, she'll have to ask someone else. Either way, the fact that Jo's still standing and not a pile of hamburger splattered across the tiles is enough to bring tears to my eyes. Thank you Baby Khorne, for n' all a yer blessins n' stuff.

"You look like shit."

I agree.

"...Why have you not taken a pill to stop your bleeding?"

"Look, Tanaka-dono, I only know of one kind of pill that 'stops bleeding' and it only works on a monthly basis." Despite the seriousness of the situation, I can't help but be snarky back. Hikari has a way of comforting her minions that few other Sennin of the Main have ever possessed, which is why I love that woman. I'd jump her bones if I could and so would you. "Besides, I've got a damned implant. Shit gives me migraines but it's better than getting knocked up and having to stop drinking."

Thankfully, she has no plans to kill Jo at the moment, and I feel the adrenaline leave my body. I collapse on jellied knees and Jo rushes to help me up. When he's not possessed or pestering me for sex he's such a gentleman. Almost chauvinist if you look at it, but without the fedora-wearing, neck-bearded misogyny. And let's face it, he looks good enough to make me yield to that pestering more often than not. But right now, I can't bear his touch. I swat him away and crawl to a nearby couch on my own power. He looks like he wants to cry too, and I silence him with a glare. God damn it all, Jo, I'm not supposed to be this unhappy until years into our marriage.

The memory of his attack still stings, and even more so, the sheer irresponsibility of rushing out to confess his sins to Hikari. Like she were some sort of nun who'd whack his wrist with a ruler and chide him not to beat his girl so often. Well, Hikari has a fucking hammer instead of a ruler, and when she whacks you she whacks you on the head. But I'm actually most pissed at myself. I must have been high or drunk or desperate when I agreed to his cockamamie plan in the first place. I think I only went along with it because I thought he'd realize how dumb it was and never go through with it. But we shinobi aren't better than normal people, after all.

"Obviously, I am fucking up," I say in response to Hikari's question about what the hell I'm doing with my life. With my relationship. With my job. With my everything. "My father's dead, my mother's a suicide, my fiance's a monster. I also steal office supplies from the Legation on a regular basis. Oh. don't look at me like that. I return them after a while. I just enjoy the feeling of theft, you know? The shrinks say I'm 'Cluster B' through and through. So perhaps I deserve this, no?"

Jo returns with clean towels and boiling water and starts to sponge the blood from my face. His ministrations remind me of those headily romantic times at the start of our relationship, so I don't rebuff him this time. When he gives me that guilty expression I kind of want to kiss him. But not in front of the boss, please.

"Anyway," I continue, "no one can help me. But Jo can get help. So I'm begging you, please, don't turn him in to the mednins. That fucker Keiji, I mean, Doctor Suzaku, would love to dissect someone like Jo. I know people in the DKR. People who can send him far, far away so he can reclaim his life again. He'll never become a problem for Cloud. Or you can execute me or something."

"Wait..." Jo croaks. "Are you telling me to leave you? Forever?"

I stare at him. I grab a pillow and mash it into my face and let out a scream. Of course I am, you dumbass. My dumbass.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari shook her head, "Alright, alright, Hush." She said about the pill. She shook her head and looked back at the girl with a frown waiting for Jo to get back with the towels. "What the hell were you thinking Takaki Saeko?"

"Obviously, I am fucking up,"

"I got that." She snapped back.

"My father's dead, my mother's a suicide, my fiance's a monster." She said, making the guilty feeling more vivid. But really, They had hardly known each other. Still. Who even told her what had happened to her father?

Shit, I'm an asshole Hikari thought.

"I also steal office supplies from the Legation on a regular basis." Hikari frowned, "Oh. don't look at me like that. I return them after a while. I just enjoy the feeling of theft, you know? The shrinks say I'm 'Cluster B' through and through. So perhaps I deserve this, no?"

"Absolutely not. Nobody deserves to get their ass kicked by someone they loved, unless that someone is a dipshit child who really needs to get their ass in line, but that's different, I'd guess. Anyway, Make sure you return my stapler, it's been missing for a week, and now I know it was you. Back to the matter at hand, Saeko san-" Jo had returned with clean towels, and things, by this time, so Hikari made room.

Anyway, no one can help me. But Jo can get help. So I'm begging you, please, don't turn him in to the mednins. That fucker Keiji, I mean, Doctor Suzaku, would love to dissect someone like Jo. I know people in the DKR. People who can send him far, far away so he can reclaim his life again. He'll never become a problem for Cloud. Or you can execute me or something."

"Wait..." Jo croaks. "Are you telling me to leave you? Forever?"

Hikari sighed, "Look kid... I can't just send him off. It would be irresponsible. Keiji owes me a favor or two, plus we were old class buddies, so he won't, I give you my word, take Jo apart. I won't even give him Jo. I'll tell him I will be needing Jo back at peak capacity ASAP, assembly not required, all pieces including choking hazards, included... and that means you could visit, but he will need to be immured." She looked to Jo, "It's that or you become a monk. Hayata sama may force you into isolation. A much worse fate. Just you, By-Tor, and... some god or other."

[MFT 250+]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jesus Himura Saito. Immurement?!

If there was one thing that Hayata Shin, eighth Raikage of the village, would not abide by, it was leniency for traitors. We used to darkly joke that Cloud was a power to be reckoned with because the forsworn received a fate much unlike those of any other hidden village: conciliatory lobster dinner. If they had committed especially grievous crimes against the village, their punishments would be compounded by the addition of garlic butter and mashed parsnips. A gruesome end to be sure.

To temper this flagrant cruelty, the former medical sennin of the village, Isaki Kushin, as well as the former ANBU sennin of the village, Kogami Ayumu, devised an alternate fate for shinobi too dangerous to keep alive. They'd be imprisoned in the deepest cells of the most fortified sections of the Sileo Tempestas, in that gray-zone where demons like to throw their forgotten plans for world domination. Set to gather dust for all eternity like 8-track tapes and Betamax. Jo wouldn't die, but he wouldn't exactly live, either.

I open my mouth to protest this fate. It's all I can do right now, as I don't have the strength to try to make a break for it with him.

"I accept," Jo says as he rises to his feet. He squeezes my hand with one of his callused mitts.

"No." I mouth the word more than utter it.

"Sennin Tanaka, make the arrangements to escort me from this place. I will not resist," he says.

My fingers dig into his forearms and my nails rake his skin enough to draw blood.

"Saeko. Listen to me. Look at me," he says. I numbly comply. I know what he'll say next and though it makes logical sense it also breaks me. "This is where our paths separate. This is where we both begin anew. I'm so happy to have shared a few years with you. It makes me content; gives me peace. I won't ask you to forget about me because I know that's impossible, but I don't want to hold you back from your own life. So I'm ending our engagement."

"No. Anything but that," I blubber. He snatches the sapphire ring off of my finger and clasps it to his chest.

"I'll be taking his back, too. Eventually, you'll understand why."

I paw weakly at him, trying desperately to take back that god-damned ring that we both went through the wringer to get for me. I know it's just a rock, but I realize it's also the strongest symbol of our future together. Our future that's rapidly dissolving away until all that's left is the memories provoked by a rock. Damn you, Jo. You know this too.

"Jo, stop. Jo, I love you. Jo."

"I loved you, too. Goodbye, Saeko. Now, Sennin Tanaka, it's been an honor serving you and the village. Let's not waste any more time."

And with that, he steps out the door and out of my life.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The whole ordeal was very traumatizing for Saekko, but Jo knew that Hikari was right, and he agreed. "I accept." He said, rising to his feet/

Saeko protested, but he kept talking. "Snnin Tanaka, make the arrangements to escort me from this place. I will not resist." He said.

"Of course, Jo san." Hikari said as she backed away, and called for backup/ She spoke quietly with her people, and within moments they were on the way. When Hikari turned back, Jo had just snatched the engagement ring from Saeko's finge, and told her she would someday understand. Of course that was probably true, but the moment was private, and both of them were weak in it. Hikari turned her head and waited for the knock which would signal the end. She didn't wait long of course. Within moments her lackeys had come to the door, and Jo followed.

"I loved you, too. Goodbye, Saeko. Now, Sennin Tanaka, it's been an honor serving you and the village. Let's not waste any more time." He said sadly.

"Take him to the hospital. Tell Keiji of his special circumstances and that I will be along to further explain soon. He has mh number if he has questions. Oh, and treat Jo with the respect he is due. He is in custody, but be did outrank you before I stripped his position from him." She put a hand on Jo's shoulder. "You did well to come to me. I am proud to have served beside you." She nodded to his keepers, and they took him away.

"Saeko... I am sorry for your loss.I understand if you do not wish to speak to me. If you wish, I will leave, and you will be allowed to stay in this room through tomorrow night. I am... concerned about you. If you need anything, let me know. I'm offering as both your cousin and your superior." She waited for Saeko's answer, with her hands behind her back, and her head high, knowing she had done her duty and yet had remembered to be merciful.

[mft 250+]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I slowly come to my feet while Jo takes his first step through the door. Lackey A, on Jo's left, turns his head at the sudden disturbance. It's too late, for I've launched my left elbow right into the junction of his third and fourth thoracic vertebrae and his legs go limp in temporary spinal shock. My right hand grabs the Grock 20 at three o-clock outside his waistband and frees the weapon from its holster. There's no external safety on those things except for keeping your finger off the trigger, so I don't have to waste time. I put a 155-grain 10 millimeter hollow-point bolt into Jo's forehead. If I can't have all of him, then I want nothing from him. Lackey B, on Jo's right, has drawn his Grock and is aligning sights on my chest. I sink two bolts into the center of his belly and he falls backward. He's wearing armor so I hope the wounds won't be fatal. Hikari's got her hammer out and is ready to strike. I look at her, close my eyes, put the barrel of the bolter in my mouth, and pull the trigger.

Or at least, that's how it goes in my head. That's how I wanted things to end. Romantic, bloody, and full of tears, like one of Shakespeare's tragedies or Urobuchi's comedies. In reality, I'm incapable of such dramatic action. I'm a cowardly woman who can't even execute her lover herself.

I swallow back a mouthful of bile and hang my head. In a single moment, Jo's gone and I'm back to square one. Someone once asked me what I thought happiness was. I thought the ultimate state of happiness was being in love, but in reality, it's nothing so complicated. Humans are happiest when they are chosen. Chosen despite things like mutual attraction or understanding. The only person who chose me, even after gazing into the ugliness within, was Jo. Not my mother (may she burn in the lowest level of hell for all eternity), and not my father (may he be featured in trashy light novels for all eternity).

Hikari is trying her best to be sympathetic. I don't resent her, she's doing her job. Making the hard choices that I couldn't. I should at least let her know. I get to my knees and pull my coat around myself to preserve some semblance of dignity that I don't care about anymore.

"It's okay, Tanaka-dono. I don't want to stay here. I'm not angry at you, either. I just need some time to think. Can I have the rest of the week off?"

What I need most right now is a cigarette. I'm beyond tears, beyond escaping reality, beyond throwing a tantrum. I'll let my damaged insides heal, and then it's back to work. Oh yeah, I've got to give the Sennin her stapler back or she'll burn the whole village down. I shuffle past her, squeeze her hand, and head back to my apartment and a new chapter in my life.

[Leaving topic, thanks for the RP!]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari watched Saeko carefully as her men came to take Jo away. Truth be told, Hikari didn't know the young woman very well, and she was both curious and wary of how she might act, but the wariness was all for naught, because she simply got to her feet, looking very small, and weary. She reminded Hikari of Masao in his last days, though that wasn't a surprise.

"It's okay, Tanaka dono." She said, "I don't want to stay here. I'm not angry at you, either. I just need some time to think. Can I have the rest of the week off?"

"Yeah." Hikari said. "You can have the week off. If you need anything, you know where I live and work." She sighed, "Ah and... I'll have a few meals sent to your home.' She squeezed Saeko's hand. She waited for her cousin to leave, and closed the door. "Not good at sympathy." She murmured, locking the door, and walking through the suite toward the bathroom. It was her duty to act as she did, and in her eyes, she had performed well. But her skin crawled, and her body was weary. "I need a bath." She said, beginning to draw the water. Loss was never comfortable or clean, even for the one causing it.

[topic left/end]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back