Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Forget-me-not

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Withing the Black Bazaar of the Grand Palais was a small run down looking shack. Where the sign for the establishment would be hanging was instead a potted plant. The flowers that grew within the pot were Forget-me-not. Hakuren found it a fitting name for the store and an interesting to display a name. One would need a knowledge of flowers to understand. This humble establishment was Hakuren’s shop. It wasn’t much but considering life of a shinobi would often call her away, it seems fitting for a store that opens occasionally.

This was a place were Hakuren uses her expertise in the ability of Sensory Link to make a profit. One of the first skills a Yamanaka learns is the ability to communicate with others telepathically by sharing thoughts. Not limited to words, the Yamanaka may communicate through sharing pictures, memories, and even learn to share sensory input between themselves and others. In here she deals with memories both semantic and episodic. Normally she does business through trades, giving memories in exchange for memories. However occasionally she does come across those who dare not offer any of their memories and instead pay in cash.

Memories can be quite valuable. Episodic memories can me quite entertaining, while Semantic often serves as educational. Semantic memory refers to general world knowledge that we have accumulated throughout our lives. This general knowledge (facts, ideas, meaning and concepts) is intertwined in experience and dependent on culture. Semantic memory is distinct from episodic memory, which is our memory of experiences and specific events that occur during our lives, from which we can recreate at any given point.

Want to master a certain element, weapon or type of jutsu? Hakuren could provide with the proper memories. Want to explore far distant lands? Hakuren has some of those too, traveling through different mode of transportation. She also has a few erotic memories but that of course is only sold to adults. She believes herself a good judge of character and would not give a person memories she does not believe they could handle.

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Assuming the blind kunoichi was parked somewhere within her humble shop, she'd hear a few idle, drunken curses followed by the breaking of a bottle not far from her door. Only a second later and said door would open and then close quickly, accompanied by the youthful, roguish snickering of the Aikayume academy student known as Natsume to those who were on a first name basis with her.

The girl's steps were light, but clearly audible as she went from the quick rush she'd been in to get through the door to a leisurely wander as she let her body and vision explore and take in her impromptu surroundings. Apparently she didn't actually expect to be pursued for whatever petty prank she'd just inflicted on the poor soul just outside. This hadn't actually been a place she'd been intending to visit and she'd never understood the flowers hanging outside as anything other than flowers, but now that she was inside this unmarked (to her) establishment she might as well take a look around and see what was on offer here!

One would probably find it strange to discover such a young and innocent looking kitsune girl wandering about and even entering and perusing establishments in such a dark and hidden corner of Suna, but Natsume made it her business to explore everything around the village. She saw it as part of her training, especially when she had to deal with the more unruly characters that could crop up around these parts of the city. Though she was still yet nothing but an academy student, Natsume figured to herself that as a ninja she would need to be ready for anything and so fending for herself in the lawless parts of town just helped her toward her goal of being the best!

If Hakuren was within sight, Natsume wouldn't exactly ignore her, but also not actually directly address her. Instead she chose to silently look about her to take in her surroundings in full before deciding whether she wished to stay or go. She didn't even know what goods were on offer here after all, not that she really had any money to throw around for anything one would find not far from the outskirts of the black market anyways.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Upon entering the fox girl would see a lightly furnished room: a round table in the center with four chairs and a chandelier hanging above it and lots of cats. There were a horde of these felines in this little one room house. Theses little creatures claimed the seats, speckled the floor and completely dominated the shelf to the point that some of them were being pushed off by the others. The reason for these cats is that not even Hakuren can hold a much memories as she has collected and thus needed vessels to store them. Only living things can hold memories and thus the large group of cats.

Hakuren was nowhere to be seen, but there was a door, which one would probably assume was the bathroom. Upon the door opening that would be proven false. As Hakuren exist the door Natsume might catch a glimpse of stairs going down into the basement. The above ground area was small, but below the surface lies an entire laboratory. Within Soon Haven were merchant lords that would go so low to sale human as slaves and Hakuren has purchased many of them. All of her merchandise from Soon Haven were put to sleep and connected to life support.

This place the building was located was the home of the black market and Hakuren was not above doing some shady deals. She uses the slaves for those who wished for a new body, perhaps one with a bloodline. She can douse the slave with a serum that will erase their memories and then transfer the buyer’s memories into the slave’s body. Such purchases was not cheap.

The blind shinobi, Hakuren, would introduce herself to the little student. “Welcome to Forget-me-not. I do not recognize you. Are you here by recommendation or simply stumbling in?” If recommendation hakuren would assume she would know what is sold here. If the girl answers the later Hakuren would have to explain her shop.

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Crazy cat lady much...?" Natsume muttered to herself as she stared about the 'store' which seemed to consist entirely of feline decoration rather than any decor a normal person would use. Cats had a real habit of getting underfoot and Natsume found herself having to dodge more than a few just to traverse the small space she'd found herself in. She was honestly beginning to wonder if perhaps this shop wasn't marked by a standard sign advertising goods because it was actually someone's home and she was just intruding on their personal space.

That was proven to be incorrect as she took notice of the door opening, apparently from a basement of some sort and the blindfolded woman who appeared from below introduced the place as 'Forget-me-not' which seemed a name for a shop that sold old knickknacks. She didn't really see anything of the sort though... Maybe all these cats broke everything and she just didn't realize because she was blind?

Rather than answering the lady's question directly, Natsume instead decided to answer with her trademark amount of tact. "So do you sell cats here or something? You must spend a fortune on cat litter and food. ...Also air freshener. If you're not peddling cats, then I think they might've broken all your stuff."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren bursts out laughing with the girls line of reasoning. Though to be honest it was not too surprising to see someone come to such an conclusion. “Well i guess that answers my question doesn’t it? But does this really look like a pet shop?” If the girl would take another look around she might notice something odd about the cats. Each and every single one of them stood in place and stared at her. One might even find this a little creepy, but Hakuren often uses her pets as her eyes and ears. “Believe me I am no common crazy cat lady.” The vixen may have muttered that statement, but she was well in earshot of several cats and they have quite good hearing. Hakuren picks up a black cat that was sitting in a chair and takes a seat. She then places the cat in her lap and begins to stroke its back. “This is merely my shop. If you think this is a lot of pets you should see my home. I have dogs, rabbits, mice, birds and even a horse.” To say that Hakuren had a petting zoo back at home was no exaggeration.

“No, I do not sell my precious felines and no they did not break my merchandise.” Hakuren was not surprize on the peddling of cats assumption. The so called breaking of her stuff seems a little odd considering if that was the case, where are the broken pieces? “No, they did not break the merchandise. They contain them.” Hakuren gives a small giggle as the girl was likely confused by that statement. “Let me explain. I am of the Yamanaka bloodline and I have the ability to transfer memories, but even I can only hold so much and thus I needed more vessels. I sale memories here.”

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You must be pretty busy all the time..." Natsume noted with a quirky sort of confused expression, raising a disbelieving brow at the woman's claim of how many animals she owned all together. "But what use would anyone have with someone else's memories? I mean... assuming a memory is donated willfully they probably wouldn't give up any juicy information like the code to a safe or their mom's prize-winning curry recipe. That'd be pretty weird though... like thinking someone else's thoughts or something."

It was at this point that she took notice of the fact that every cat in the place was just staring at her with a statuesque stillness. Her brow furrowed in careful consideration before kneeling down and attempting to wave her hand in front of one of the cat's eyes to see if it even reacted to her.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
To a true shinobi, literally anything can be used as a weapon. There are those who have said that Hakuren was quite the puppeteer, however she doesn’t use something as crude as marionettes of clay or wood. Hakuren uses living puppets, animals, with her sensory link as the strings. “I am very particular on which memories I except.” The vixen waves a hand in front of a pure white cat with crimson red eyes. It was an albino and in response to the girls action it attempts to sniff the fox girl’s hand. “Take that one you are waving at. It possesses the memories of one who has mastered the element of water. One can learn a lot from memories of years of training: to experience first hand how it feels.” The white cat sits upright and claps its front paws together. Suddenly a fog begins to form and enveloping the white cat and all the other cats on the floor. The cats the were on the chairs or the shelves were not affected by the thick mist; Natsume herself would also be above the clouds. “Even the cats can learn from such memories.” Though Natsume could no longer see the cats, the way the particles of water swirled around suggested there was movement, as if the cats were circling her like sharks in the ocean.

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsume paused her wave as she actually garnered a reaction from the animal in question, letting it sniff her hand before reaching out to give it a quick pet on the head. Even if they were functioning as memory capsules they were still animals and would surely appreciate a bit of friendly contact.

She was a bit startled as the animal stood up like a prairie dog and clapped its front paws together. She was even further startled as the action actually had an effect when a thick mist spread over the floor centered from the cat's position. Having worn shorts that day, Natsume could instantly feel the change in atmosphere from her knees down as the chilly mist coalesced around her and chilly drops of water condensed on her skin.

"Woah..." Was about all she could manage at first as she staggered back a step, watching the vague hint of movement swirling around her feet within the mist. Considering so far as she was aware this was more of a friendly exchange Natsume didn't have much fear that the cats would suddenly attempt to assault her, but she still watched the swirling fog with a touch of wariness in her eyes. It took her a moment before she continued speaking.

"So you can actually teach people whatever jutsu they wanna know without any effort involved? That seems like something people would pay a lot of money for. You must shell out quite a lot of dough to get those kind of memories though too. I know if I learned a super rare jutsu I wouldn't really want to let any random person jack into my brain and learn it. ...Man though! I could do a lifetime of combat training in like a second! That'd be crazy!" That thought seemed to get her pretty hyped as her tail wagged happily and she temporarily forgot about the felines at her ankles, punching excitedly into the air.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“I am glad to see you realize the value in memories, but it did not cost me nearly as much as you might think. I to am an accomplished shinobi and thus I have my own memories to sale. I often trade memories for memories and thus my stock continuously grows.” Except for the shop itself she does not believe she has spent a single yen on her store. To say she runs a pawn shop would not be too off the mark. It also helps that the product that is being sold can be countless copied. “Now my dear girl wo…” Hakuren stops mid-sentence as there was a sound of something breaking against the ground emanated from outside. Hakuren sighs and gets up from her seat, carrying a cat in her arms. “I bet the wind blew the potted plant off the hook again. Have a seat I’ll be right back.” Hakuren walks over to the door and opens it and sure enough the pot lays smashed on the ground. Walking out and shutting the door behind her, she puts down the cat to clean up the mess.

While picking up pieces of broken pottery she feel something wet drip onto her neck. Whatever it was it thicker than water. The cat who she was using as her eyes looks up to see a horrible sight. “Noooo! What kind of monster would do such a thing?” If Natsume came out to see what was going on, she would see tears streaming from Hakuren’s blindfold and a cat hanging from the hook. “Shiro!” The cat had white fur completely stained with blood. On the wall by the door were big read letters forming a message.
Were coming
For you

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsume was only just about to ask this strange woman what sort of memories she'd possibly put up for sale from her own mind when their conversation was interrupted mid-sentence by a sudden crash that caused Natsume's ears to perk and swivel, followed quickly by her head and then her feet and body, careful not to kick any wandering cats. She probably would've peeked out the door herself if it weren't for the blindfolded Yamanaka's quick reaction. Rather than take a seat and relax as instructed, however, she remained where she was while listening for anything interesting through the door.

Any sign of listening to directions flew out the door as she heard the other woman cry out. Natsume wasted very little time in closing the distance between her and the closed door, throwing it open quickly to see what was the matter. For all she knew, doing so could've only made matters worse, but it didn't make much difference to her. She couldn't leave whatever situation had made her loose such an anguished cry as that alone without attempting to help. What she actually saw, however, made her gasp audibly and take a quick step back in shock the moment her eyes followed the cat's vision up to the hook where the potted plant had been only moments before when she first entered.

That only lasted a moment before she regained her wits and her courage, bounding out the threshold of the door and past Hakuren and the grisly scene she was beholding to stand out in the middle of the path, shooting her eyes first one way and then the other in an attempt to spot anyone suspicious.

"Get back here and fight like a man, you cowardly cat killer!" she shouted out to no one in particular. "Only a sissy hurts animals like that and then runs away!" She sounded pretty incensed.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Osagi did warn her to not get known for her gift and that there are people out there who would eliminate her, just to ensure her gifts couldn't be used against them. Within the anbu, she went by name of The Watcher and there was a reason for it. When she chose the name it was due to her talents in possessing animals and spying on people. Now that her powers have flourished and she can look into the memories of such beasts, she has many informants. Stray cats and dogs roam the village as her eyes and ears while birds fly around outside the village spying on the neighboring towns. There is a very few things that happen in Wind Country without her notice. This stray does not patrol the Black Bazaar or even the Grand Palais. If someone captured Shiro it had to be in the Diamond District of the The Desert Crown. One of the clans might have gotten her; perhaps one loyal to the Daimyo.
۞
Biting her index finger hard enough to cause bleeding, she begins to scribe a symbol on the wall. It was an eight pointed star with a circle in the middle. She then speaks in a demonic sounding voice, “hervorkommen” She casts a rock golem jutsu; the golem resembled a stone fox like a statute of the goddess Inari seen at shrines. Deep within the earth she draws forth her minerals. The artificial creature walks out of the wall like a beast climbing out of a pool of water. The stone fox walks around its summoner and Hakuren ties a red bandana around its neck to complete the look.

Hakuren gives the stone fox a telepathic order and it was running off to the diamond district. Hakuren walks back inside and does a hand gesture to beckon her to follow. “I’ll deal with that mess later. For now let us talk business.” Hakuren would not mind a little distraction right now; something to get her mind off of what she had just witnessed.

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsume was silent through the entirety of Hakuren's thought process as well as the summoning of the stone fox once she realized that her attempt at goading the cat killer to show themselves wasn't going to work and she'd calmed down a bit. It wasn't really that she didn't have plenty to say so much as that she wasn't of the mind to interrupt what may have been the woman's process of grieving. Though she had so many animals surrounding her, she'd taken the time to name and memorize them all and she seemed genuinely distraught by the death of this one. Natsume wasn't really certain how to approach the subject. She'd never really had to deal with things like death at this point in her life so she felt pretty awkward about it.

It wasn't until she'd followed the other woman's beckoning motion to return to the relative safety of the shop that Natsume finally opened her mouth to speak again. It was probably a bit callous, but in the end she was a pretty curious kid and this was an intriguing mystery. She really had to know.

"What the heck was that all about?" she blurted out. "Someone's coming for you?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Well the hope of distracting her mind with business did not work as planned and truthfully she should have known better. Hakuren get hopes she could keep her emotion in check. “People have been after me. Looks like some person put a goddess damn bounty on my head!” Oops she let her anger slip there. With a clearing of her throat Hakuren reels in her rage. “Three people assassinated me while I was in Tea Country.” Hakuren knew it had to have been three different people because the method of killing was different each time and most assassins normally stick to one form of murder. The first one took a high vantage point and sniped her during the evening while there were minimal people on the roads. The second one slipped into the kitchen of a tea shop and poisoned her drink with nightshade. The third one walks straight up to her and stabs her with a concealed blade. “This one seems a little more cocky than the others. The others like to keep element of surprise, while this one seems to be out right challenging me. If I were a betting woman I would say he or she, whichever it may be, is trying to anger me so I would come to them. More likely luring me into some sort of trap or ambush.”

This is why Hakuren sent a rock golem to the area which Shiro would have been caught. No need to hand a hostage over to them so easily. “I would say the next note would be a ransom letter.” Hakuren loves her animals dearly, but she is not one to sacrifice herself. She will continue to refuse their demands; she will not play there game. If they wanted her they must hunt her properly. “Good grief, this is going to be a troublesome lot. Osagi did warn me to not get known for my gifts, but no I had prove that I wasn’t a weakling and now it is biting me in the butt.” It was at this point Hakuren had noticed she started to ramble.

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Most of what Hakuren said was passed straight through one of Natsume's large ears and right back out the other as she stared at Hakuren with a look of abject horror.

"Are you a ghost or something?!" she accused the moment she could get a word in edgewise, pointing a finger straight at the blindfolded woman. "No wonder you're so freakin' creepy! You've been dead three times over!" Then there was a moment where she paused and her expression descended further into dread. "...Or maybe even more than that?!"

At this point, Natsume was slowly backing her way to the door. She had no idea how to deal with lingering spirits! How could you fight something that could be killed over and over and just kept coming back?! Maybe she could get one of her relatives to come back and exorcise this evil spirit from the village!

She hit the door with her back, fumbling with her hand to try to find the knob to escape. She didn't dare take her eyes off the blind woman now. She knew the moment she did Hakuren would probably try to devour her whole or something!

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Wait, why are you frighten?” From the sound of Hakuren’s voice she found humor in the little girls reaction. “If I was a ghost, I should be the one scared of you. Kitsune have devoured souls of mortal men.” Hakuren actually has a friend whose soul was eaten by a fox. Thankfully a priest killed the beast and retrieve the soul before it was too late. “Speaking of consumption of spirits, I think I might have myself a glass. Shall I pour you a glass as well my fox-eared friend?” Hakuren grabs a bottle from the table and fills a glass with a crimson red liquid. Depending on how sensitive the girl’s nose was, she might be able to smell the alcohol from the door. It was a blood wine and as one would gather from the name has blood as an ingredient. Goat’s blood if she recalls right, but it has been awhile since she asked about such things. “I am sure you already know that in this place of Suna, we don’t really care about underage drinking. Personally I don’t see anything wrong with a single glass at your age.”

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, even if I could devour souls I can't imagine they'd be very tasty or filling..." Natsume answered with a lopsided frown. "I've never tried, but I'm pretty sure a determined ghost would be a much larger danger to me than I could ever hope to be to it. ...And you're avoiding the problem of how you've supposedly been assassinated three times, but you're still here speaking to me." She did at least cease attempting to flee since Hakuren didn't seem all that bothered by it or attempt to give chase. Apparently killing her in some sort of ghostly ritual wasn't the goal of this conversation so even if she was a ghost Natsume wasn't quite as frightened of her.

It was the allure of her first alcoholic drink that brought Natsume away from the door and creeping cautiously back toward the table with the glasses and wine. Suna had certainly never been very strict on kids having the occasional glass so long as things didn't get too rowdy or dangerous, but her parents had never allowed Natsume to so much as have a whiff of the stuff, much less imbibe it. They were the incredibly strict and cautious type as witnessed by the fact that she'd only been allowed to wield wooden weapons up till she finished her academy training and they dubbed her worthy of a weapon that could actually inflict any sort of fatal wound. ...That's not to say that she hadn't become skilled enough with her bokken to inflict some pretty serious bodily harm...

It wasn't till she'd made her way back to the table over the labyrinth of felines that she spoke. "Sure... I'll try a glass. Just a small one though, please. It smells kinda weird and I'm not sure if I'll like it..." She didn't really want to waste this woman's alcohol by filling a glass and then spitting it out when she found out that it was abominable to her taste buds. Best to try a taste before going for more if she actually enjoyed it!

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The girl was not so easily distracted, but it was worth a shot. It was now time for her to get straight to the point. Hakuren’s voice would go stern as she was not softening the truth. “And do you really believe you are going to get an answer to that question?” Hakuren did not answer it for a reason and Natsume was supposed to drop it, but obviously she did not get the hint. Hakuren was going to be perfectly clear with her. “I am not going to tell some fucking nosy brat my secrets just so they can be targeted by the people after me. I don’t need people to know how I cheat death, because if they knew how… They’ll find a way around it.” Hakuren then takes a deep breath and returns to a much more gentler tone. “Sorry, I’m a little on edge. You are a student. You will find ways to survive situations that an average person would perish in.”

“I would naturally water it down for you of course.” Hakuren takes a glass and pours a shot worth of wine into it. She then puts down the bottle and picks up a pitcher and then fills the glass the rest of the way with water. She then pushes the glass towards Natsume, “Here you go.” Hakuren then goes to pour herself a glass.

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsume's expression scrunched into an upset frown as she found herself being called a 'fucking nosy brat' just for being curious about how someone could die three times and still be alive. It may not have really been any of her business, but she felt like she was perfectly within her rights to want to know how such an amazing feat was accomplished. She was just getting prepared to give this woman a piece of her mind for being so mean when the tone suddenly became lighter and more subdued from what it had been a moment before. Slowly, Natsume allowed her expression to relax. She couldn't really blame Hakuren for being on edge. She was apparently being hunted relentlessly and currently had a dead cat hung outside her door which had formerly been a pet. She'd take it easy for now, offering up a tiny smile as she spoke.

"Maybe I can convince you to share some of your tricks with me once I'm more advanced and can handle them, hm?" she replied, letting her host know that she'd given up on the current line of questioning, but that she was more than willing to return to the subject at a much later date. "I can't be the best ninja ever without getting some tips from those that came before me, right?"

She eyed the glass with wide, curious eyes, her ears folding lower on her head as she took in the sight of her first alcoholic beverage. Watered down or not, Natsume felt that this was one of her first steps to adulthood and with that, greatness. She'd take this step with pride and dignity!

"Thanks!" she chirped before taking the glass in hand and immediately tossing back the entire contents in one quick gulp before wincing as she placed the glass back to the table with a quick series of coughs. It was probably a good thing that wasn't anything stronger or she likely would've been left gasping and breathless on the floor. "S'alright..." she graded the wine with one last quick cough and light wheeze as though she'd actually had a chance to taste anything but the mild alcoholic sting on the way down her throat. With that, she'd slide the cup back toward the center of the table.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren laughs as the girl was trying to get something out of Hakuren, “Sure I can give you some free advice. My best tip I can give you is… To a true shinobi, literally anything can be used as a weapon; a bottle, a plate or even a pencil. Don’t be afraid to use what is around you in a battle.” Hakuren recalls seeing a brawl in a restaurant. The man underestimated the woman because she was unarmed, but was caught off guard when she threw a steaming bowl of ramen at him. Not only did she burn the side of his face, she made an opening for another attack. It then escalated into a full on food fight between the two. “As you can probably guess, my tools are my pets. They are my eyes and ears and through them I can collect vital information for the village.” Hakuren was born blind and physically frail. She is also prone to fainting and thus she is in the branch she is in. Hakuren is neither fighter nor a healer, but a spy. Her talents rely on her bloodline and she has learned to use it well in service of the anbu.

Hakuren then shakes her disapprovingly, “This is wine not whiskey. You sip slowly like a cup of tea, not gulp it all down in one go.” Hakuren takes a sip from her own glass as if to demonstrate to the young fox. “Were you even able to taste it, inhaling it like that?”

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I guess that means animal control is your weakness," Natsume joked with a goofy smile, attempting to drag their conversation back to a more lighthearted center. "And I thought the point of alcohol was to not taste it..." Natsume's lips tightened in thought for a moment before grinning once again, this time more sheepishly. "I guess I messed that one up a bit, huh? Can't say as I'm an expert on how to drink alcohol at all, but we can always give it another try, right?" Her eyes flicked down to the empty glass and then back up to Hakuren's blindfolded eyes.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back