Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Found, but Lost [Private]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Darker.

It felt darker. By no means had Grand Palais ever been a 'welcoming' area of the village, but after losing her ability to control most of her chakra, Grand Palais felt far more hostile to her than she remembered it being. The exiled Kitsune hated it here. But, her recent situations have caused her to come here. This time, in search of something she desired. Needed.

A cheap cloak she had acquired covered her features, mainly her ears which were flat against her head. Her tails were always difficult to conceal, but so long as she kept a good pace the movement of her cloak made them....less obvious, somewhat. Of course, that was the whole reason Azusa came here during the night; to keep out of sight. Taking back roads and such until she arrived at her destination; a heavily fortified doorway in an otherwise unnotable, dirty alley way. The devilish woman Azusa now worked for had shown her this...spot. And now Azusa was speaking to someone with a much deeper voice through a small window opening, as she held out one of the trinkets she had looted from her shrine.

"...W-well?!? It is good enough, yes? O-of course it should be fine..." "Another decoration huh? Ah well, the gold in it my be worth something. Take'yer turn." The man tossed a small box toward the shrouded girl, Azusa hastily moving to catch her prize and in the process of her movements, her hood off slid off to expose her ears. "*snort* Freak. See ya next week." The man sneered, shutting the metallic door to the alley with the sound of bolts locking into place. Azusa had no time to counter, but frankly, her witty remarks were abit dulled by the environment putting her on edge. "Freak...me? Haa..." With a heavy sigh, she clutched the box to her chest, adjusted her hood, and scurried down the alleyway, with the occasional glance to see if she were being followed.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was surprisingly cold this night, at least to Riyota. He could see his breath form mist in front of himself as he rubbed his hands together to keep warm. He was spending the night stalking the rooftops of the Grand Palais, something that had become somewhat a hobby of his in the past, for a few moments he shut his eyes so that he could take in the quietness of the night time. It was rare for him to be truly calm, so these few moments felt like pure bliss.

His eyes snapped open however as he heard hushed voices. These were the kind of voices that would've gone unheard had the night not been so quiet. He couldn't quite make out what the voices were saying or who they belonged to, he just knew they were there. He quietly jumped across a few rooftops to get closer to the source of the noise. His long jacket silently fluttering in the wind behind him. As he reached the voices' origin he could only see a shadowy figure walking away, carrying something.

'An exchange that can't be made in the day is definitely bad news.' he thought to himself. After a few more moments, he decided to investigate. He threw himself off of the building into the closest shadows to the figure. His healing factor would see to his shattered leg. Once he was able to rise, he did so. Anyone to witness him would likely only see a green eye and a blue eye staring out of the darkness. He cleared his throat and said to the figure "Cold out here, isn't it?"

MFT 274

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the weakening of her chakra, so too did her senses dull. Her acute sense of hearing wasn't as quite as acute as she was used to, even when her nerves were on edge...

...So you could imagine her surprise when the first thing she heard was a crashing sound practically right next to her in an otherwise empty alley. She nearly fell over she was startled so much, though one hand gripped her box, with her free hand hastily reaching for a small kunai within her cloak, holding it out with a shaking hand. "H-how bold t-to approach me so s-suddenly. " She called out the figure in the shadows. Her once commanding voice was unsteady and unsure.

Attack
Magic
Item
Summon
Run <<<

Though her kunai was better than nothing, Azusa felt naked without being able to rely on her Genjutsu or Sound techniques; the spirits of the Aikayume abandoned her. Shortly after speaking, Azusa had a change of heart.

...She threw her knife into the shadows before turning tail and running. Or tails, in her case. Climbing walls and rooftops was no longer an option, so her path was limited in her goal to get to a more open area to hide.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota recognized the voice immediately "Lady Azusa..." he said softly, still painfully unaware of her loss of status. Despite that, it seemed that she hadn't heard him or chose to ignore him as she threw a kunai knife into the shadows where he stood and bolted away.

Attack
Magic <<<< Astral Seal <<<<
Item
Summon
Run

Activating one of the many cursed seals that were prophecised (It's late, just pretend it's spelt right) to end his existence long before it's due span he gave chase at inhuman speeds to catch up to the fleeing kitsune. Intending only to stop her but more so just tackling her to the ground he caught up, sending both of them sprawling. Deactivating the seal he sprinted to her side, apologizing profusely. "Please accept my apologies my lady...I...I didn't mean to knock you over..." Ok, so maybe Riyota's formal speech needed some work. As he attempted to help her to her feet Riyota would feel a searing pain from his leg as he realized the kunai had made it's way into a place where it certainly wasn't welcome.

He attempted to ignore it however, even as his blood dripped down onto the sand. It wasn't fatal, so to Riyota, it wasn't important.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
See, although Azusa wasn't that strong she was pretty quick on her feet. For a fallen heiress, at least. Nevertheless, she didn't get far. Perhaps she shouldn't have thrown her knife at the figure, but she had acted out of panic.

"...G-gyaa..." She fell to the ground ungracefully, losing grip on her package that slide over to a pile of trash to the side of the alley. She rolled over to defend herself, but the figure instead reached out to help her...and her ears drooped in shame with her sudden realization of who this was.

That voice was very familiar, and not one she had desired to hear under the current circumstance. Azusa was a creature that did all she could to maintain her self-important dignity, and the risk of having that image shattered to someone she was familiar with like Riyota was horrifying to her. "Riyota? D-Do not touch me!" The fox spirit said, slapping aside his attempts at helping her to her feet. Her pet lizard, having been startled awake from her fall, dashing out from her cloak to see what the commotion was about.

She wouldn't look him in the eyes, and in her process of averting her gaze noticed the wound from her wild attack. "G-gods...The knife. It was dark, I-I-I could not see...Consider it a trade for throwing yourself at me? But if you do it again, I...I will not forgive you." Riyota was bleeding. Even though she knew he had suffered much worse, the fact that she had harmed someone she knew bothered her...Nevertheless, realizing her hands were empty, Azusa dropped to her hands and knees in a frantic search for where her package had fallen to. "...How long were you following me?" She felt she was walking on eggshells; she was guilty over attacking Riyota, but also did not want him to discover her new habits.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hmm?" Riyota looked confused for a moment at Azusa's mention of the knife, as if it had already left his memory. "O-oh right, yeah, that's fair. I shouldn't have knocked you over." the boy blushed ever so slightly, both embarrassed by his clumsiness and slightly disheartened at Azusa's refusal of his help.

Riyota saw the box she had been carrying just out of the corner of his eye, he subtly walked over to it whilst answering her question. "Not long, I saw you leaving that building and looking kinda shifty. Th-that's before I knew it was you o-of course, I-I'm not suggesting t-that you look shifty or anything m-my lady." he tried to cover for his verbal blunder. He knew what the kitsune's scorn was like and didn't want to experience it again.

After he had answered he picked up the box that the kitsune was so desperately seeking.
"Is this what you're after?" he asked her, curiously. When she inevitably asked for the box, or made a grab for it he would keep it out of her grasp. Although it made him feel guilty, he wanted answers, starting with.

"Lady Azusa, what are you doing in a place like this at night? Talking to whoever that was and, most importantly...what's in the box?" he asked her.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shifty...Shifty, he said. This was enough to pause the kitsune's frantic searching for the moment. To think that she would cause Riyota to claim she looked shifty, as if she were someone that needed to be watched closely. "...." Azusa was silent. She was not angry; but it had kinda been an eye opening moment of realization to hear it coming from someone who spoke formally to her. "...Ha...That is amusing, Riyota..." She spoke dully as it sank in how she was acting.

She was snapped back to her deranged senses when her emerald fox eyes locked onto the package he held. Immediately, the fox became defensive when Riyota held the suspicious package from a suspicious location out of her reach. "It is not anything 'shifty'. Return it to me now....be careful with it." Azusa pleaded, concerned over the content's safety after dropping it once already. Eitherway, did Riyota look inside she wondered? Azusa couldn't tell, so she immediately began to assume that he had seen the paraphernalia within and was now chastising her about such substances. "I...I am a medical ninja. There is nothing wrong with me having...poisons or...such things. For medicine." Although normally anything medical related was kept and stored at the medical facilities, and there were surely sources other than the Black Bazaar to get their supplies. "...I need it. Please, Riyota." She spoke, reaching weakly out in vain without rising to her feet. The fact that the proud lady of the Aikayume was willing to crawl in filthy alleys and plead for it should speak volumes to someone who knew her.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her refusal to tell him exactly what was in the container pretty much confirmed his suspicions that it was nothing good. "Azusa, if these were supplies for you to use as a medical ninja, they wouldn't be coming from some crap-shack in the Palais." Riyota had lost all formality in his words, his voice was full of concern.

"Your clan wouldn't let you be out here doing this." Riyota remembered how protective they'd been of her even when shopping in the market place. They certainly wouldn't allow her to be here. "Azusa...what happened in the few months where I was gone?" he asked.

Once she had answered or avoided his previous question. He would channel a high amount of voltage into the box. Effectively destroying it, and it's contents as well. Riyota knew this would bring the fury of the kitsune down upon him, he also knew he needed to think quickly of a method to avoid this wrath. Not exactly having a mind built for smart decisions under pressure. He made the impulsive choice that would likely lead to more yelling afterwards anyway.

Swiftly, with no words, he bent low and kissed her.

The boy was either a genius, or the world's biggest creep.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fact is, Azusa is horrible at outright lying. She wasn't surprised when Riyota saw through her paper-thin words, but she had to at least try. As for her clan refusing to let her come here? It was certainly true that the Aikayume would prefer she remain locked up in the deepest portions of the Shrine, but given how she was very much -not- present at her once-home..."My clan would be delighted to find me here." Or anywhere really. Azusa very much had a reason for wearing her cloak, and it wasn't just to hide herself from wandering eyes.

But Riyota did not seemed impressed. With a burst of Chakra, he essentially disintegrated Azusa's box. An expression of anger and betrayal sprawled across her face, but before the fox could act, the boy had quickly move forwards to intercept her rage. That initiative! Add confusion to the look on her face when she found herself locking lips with him, her tails fanning out beneath her cloak as they often did when she was caught off guard. Given Azusa's current sidejobs, this was quite tame in comparison to other things she had done....But it was also so much different considering it was Riyota. She didn't feel so alone, and almost felt bad for feeling angry with him...

Almost.

Though her initial surprise faded quickly, she didn't break off any contact; the opposite actually. Her emerald eyes gazed with a look of scorn accompanied by not a growl, but a giggle, biting down on his lower lip. Hard. Azusa knew Riyota was a big boy and no stranger to pain, so she felt no need to hold back her attempts at forcefully pulling him off balance to the ground by the lip. This would continue until either he resisted, or went along with her enough until she pushed him down and was leaning over him.

In either case; "...That was not an unpleasant surprise, Riyota..." she'd speak. A smile that didn't match her earlier look of anger. A paper-thin smile, that quickly changed to a scowl that was equally weak. Azusa hadn't decided whether she was angry, dejected, or pleased over the fact that Riyota had cared enough to decimate her blackmarket goods. "...But that does not make this okay, so I am very angry! Tell me; why do you even care what I do?!? Depending on your answer, I will bite you again!" The Kitsune promised.

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To be honest, Riyota had expected a slap or a kick in the crotch. The last thing he expected was Azusa to giggle. For a moment he had thought she liked it, until he felt a sudden sharp pain in his lower lip that caused him to wince. The boy wasn't stubborn enough to take this as a challenge and instead interpreted it as self-defense. Quickly pulling away from the kiss and likely leaving a chunk of his lip behind he fell to his knees and begged the kitsune for forgiveness.

"Please accept my apologies my lady...I-I don't know what I was thinking." the boy was sure that his hopes were know crushed and the girl...no...the woman he had what some would call a "crush" on now despised him entirely. Even as his lip bled heavily onto the sand he did not falter in his apology.

That was until he heard her say that the experience had not been entirely unpleasant. He carefully looked back up at her. His mismatched eyes locking with hers, a glimpse of hope still remaining, until he saw the smile fade from her face and be replaced with anger.

He was about to apologize once more for his transgression until he heard her next statement. It occurred to him that it was not true anger, it seemed like more of a cry for help heavily wrapped in an emotional self-defense mechanism. The boy stood back up to his full height and said to her. "Well, first of all, shouldn't that be 'I may bite you again?' he asked, hoping that she didn't actually mean no matter what he said she would bite him.

His second sentence was preluded by a hug, not necessarily amorous, more of a protective hug. "I care what you do because I consider you one of the most important people in the world to me Azusa, and seeing you forced to do things like this makes me feel like I'm not doing enough to help you." Maybe he got a bit too sappy, but he meant what he said.

[Hey, if you don't like where this is going at any point, just let me know, and apologies if that becomes the case. :D]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Despite Riyota being Riyota, a boy plagued with misfortune where falling from buildings was a regular occurrence, it had seemed he had a surprisingly low tolerance to pain. Or perhaps just to the Kitsune's mischief. The fox licked the traces of blood from her lips as Riyota broke contact, surprised by its unexpected sweetness. Part of her felt guilt, but part of her took abit of joy from the small act of sadism. No regrets!

She was silent when he corrected the slip up in her speech. Sure she was getting better at it, but she made mistakes here and there. "...." She didn't respond though, waiting to hear what his thoughts were. Dreading to hear just how she appeared to someone like Riyota...But instead found herself embraced by him. Her foxtails twitched upon hearing what he said. "I-I've, I mean to say, -I have- done nothing for you to look out for me...But if I am someone you value, that is all the more reason you should leave me to myself, Riyota..." She didn't want to shatter whatever image Riyota had of her before this. She felt guilt and shame, and being looked at by him would be painful. But being held by him was also an outlet. A temporary relief to the confusion and anger haunting her, a relief that didn't require the substances in the destroyed box. She didn't want him to let go, so Azusa returned the embrace, hugging him back but looking away...and hoping he would do the same.

"I...I am not some weak person that needs help! I...I am not. I refuse!" Given he was embracing her, he'd be able to feel her body tremble. There was sadness in her voice, but it was mostly covered by anger. "I...I cannot control chakra as I could before. My clan is hunting me like some wild animal...I am always, always hungry. The disgrace and things I have to do just to get some foul-tasting food...I cannot let anyone see me like this." Gradually as she vocalized some of the troubles plaguing her, her Curse Seal began to feed off said negativity, crawling up her arm, shoulder, and neck, reaching a point where it tainted one of her vivid emerald eyes into unnatural gold.

For Azusa, who always had whatever she wanted practically given to her on a shiny silver platter, realizing just how fragile her control over her own life was an infuriatingly rude awakening to her. She went from having practically everything she wanted to nothing, losing her greatest strengths, losing her family and servants, her home. Having to toss aside her pride, her dignity...And now she was apparently struggling enough for Riyota to notice and worry? It was just too much. "So please do not look at me, Riyota...This...this is not me."

---
OOC said:
Congratulations!

You have been drafted into Azusa's Zombie Corps! You will receive blessings of the fox goddess queen in all your posts, but only if you spread this to at least 15 friends in the next 2 seconds!

Spread the love and more importantly, your germs.

Make NC great again!
Zombie Virus said:
Contact with your bodily fluids in the next 3 threads you are in will cause the other character in the thread to contact this disease. After that you will become 'hungry' for human flesh but you will maintain the cognitive capacity to not attack anyone for the next 3 threads you are in. After that you will start to become like these zombies (but with ninja powers) and become aggressive beyond control or reason. You are aware that you are sick almost immediately and can put two and two together but you must do so in-character. There is a cure. If you are uncomfortable with this disease process, I will negate this effect because everything I do requires consent from players and i maintain a stance that it would be inappropriate for me to do otherwise. However, this might be an enjoyable story arc for you.
*You don't have to if you don't want to.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota stayed silent as Azusa try to reason that because he cared about her, he should leave her be. However, he felt much better when he felt her return his embrace and a small smile crept upon his lips because he knew she did not dislike it.

He felt her smaller form tremble slightly in his arms, and he softly spoke to calm her nerves. "I never said you were weak. I've had friends far stronger than I before, but I always promised to look out for them. I don't feel the need to act your guardian because I think you're not strong enough. I do it because I care about you."

He could hear anguish in her voice as she shared the harsh experiences she had had. Lack of chakra control, banishment and hunting by her own clan, the shame and starvation that came with being a street rat. He hugged her tighter after this. He knew all these feelings far too well, having no-one to rely on, having no food almost ever, doing the kinds of things that would haunt you forever. Yes, Riyota knew exactly what those felt like. However he remained silent, this wasn't about him.

He considered trying to break the ice with a joke about his own lack of chakra control, the scars on his arms reminding him of such, but decided for once that this wasn't the time for jokes, it was simply time to allow the kitsune to vent her frustrations.

He looked away slightly at her request, not wishing to cause her anymore pain. "Azusa...you don't have to feel this torment anymore. I'm here now, I'm with you, all the way, whatever it takes. Whether you like it or not, I'm going to be there for you. I won't go away, I won't let you be alone...l-like I was." he finished his sentence with a bit of difficulty, before breaking away the embrace gently.

Noticing Azusa's mark and the minor change in the kitsune's appearance. He made sure to show no extreme surprise, although he was definitely a little bit shocked. He calmly asked "When did you get that? Who gave it to you?"

[I totally would if I entered more threads and stopped being socially awkward :D]
[MFT 363]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota's presence was comforting. As he spoke, the kitsune's trembling stopped. Her worried expression at him seeing her here changed from her frightened look, to one 'merely' of shame. "...Yes. Yes, of course...I understand now. I am important to you...You care about me...I am not alone at all..." Azusa repeated to herself what she heard from Riyota, desperately wanting to trust him, to have someone to latch on to. Azusa hated being alone and thrived off reassurance, and if Riyota wouldn't judge her based on her lack of strength, then that meant to her that to someone, she was still 'Lady Azusa', regardless of her current circumstance. While her mind may have been twisting his words into the wrong way to suit her own shallow pride, in the end, it did help in calming her down. Azusa trusted Riyota more...Or perhaps she simply needed his presence to reassure herself.

When they let go, the fox, after a moment of contemplation, decided to stop avoiding Riyota's gaze and hiding her seals, timidly lowering hood and moving her cloak. "...You may look at me, Riyota. A demon touched me and left this darkness on me. Tall...one apparently known by Kyuji-sensei. My clan..How am I to be their Priestess if I am touched by such filth? At least...that is how my clan feels..." And really, Azusa would agree, if only it wasn't -her- in this spot. The Aikayume despised demons and those touched by their influence, and Azusa was no different. "The Curse is something I can resist, but cannot control." The exiled priestess said. When she had the tranquility of her shrine, the effects were minimal. But now when she was constantly on edge? It strengthened her anxiety. Made irrational decisions that much easier. Whispered malice into the normally violence-fearing Azusa.

"...Riyota...I promise...The Demon who placed his cursed mark on me. The Puppet who looks at me like a pet. Anyone who has ever so much as thought that I was someone pitiful...They will be less than bugs beneath my feet when I regain my strength. I will have them all groveling to me, begging for my forgiveness, with my only answer being to tear their wretched throats from their necks. I swear to you. I am someone you can admire, Riyota...I really am...am I not?" The kitsune tilted her head quizzically, smiling faintly in search of the boy's praise. The conflict with Azusa's mind when her almighty ego was mixed with self-loathing gave her doubt, a feeling she wanted to be rid of.

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Riyota heard Azusa mention Kyuji's name he inwardly flared with unforeseen rage. He couldn't believe that the one of the people he had used to call sensei would do something such as this to Azusa. He heard the explanation and afterwards said to the kitsune. "My lady..." he continued to use the honourific as he presumed it made her feel better. "You've survived so long, and done so much for yourself that even now you're someone I admire, your social stature could never change that." he paused before continuing. "However, I swear that I will destroy Kyuji and find a way to cleanse that mark from you...I...I won't let you end up like me..." he trailed off, small sparks of lightning flickering between his fingers.

"I've sworn to aid you, and so I shall." Riyota spoke, a more formal manner of speech coming to him once more. "So until we can resolve your situation with your clan, my lady, I offer you sanctuary with myself and my clan, The Miroku." he hoped she would accept his offer as he didn't want to see her on the streets anymore. Through all this conversation, Riyota found himself wanting of another kiss, but he decided that now was not the time.

"If you'll accept my aid, then I'll head back and go have a quick 'chat' with the man who gave you that package. I do feel like he and I should have words..."

[I'm sorry it's a short post, I've not been terribly well this past week. I hope you've had a good christmas, or whatever you celebrate, and a happy new years at that :)]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota had done well in not tripping the exiled fox's hair-trigger temper, especially when her Curse Seal's malignant power was influencing her. There seemed to be some confusion, as Kyuji himself was not to blame other than consorting with Demons, in this case, his demonic cousin. Oh, if only Azusa knew Akkuma's name, the drama that would unfold! But regardless, it was Riyota's determination that spoke to her, and ultimately brought her to her new decision; "My clan is searching for me. I shall not risk bringing them to your home, and there is...someone else, that I wish to hide you from." Where the exiled Priestess went, trouble would eventually follow until her business was settled. Moving between the filth and corruption in the slums had less consequence than putting Riyota's home in harms way. But even so; "That being said..." In response to Riyota swearing that he would help and fight for her, Azusa smiled "...I believe I shall make you mine, Riyota." and reached out her hand to caress Riyota's face softly, her cloak swaying awkwardly as her tails swayed beneath them slowly.

With her vulpine gaze locked upon Riyota, the vixen spoke; "Very well. From this point forward, I shall use your strength as my own, Riyota. For you, I am to be first and foremost in all things; it is a sin to allow me to ever feel bored or lonely. Even if you leave the village, I am to remain in your mind. Even after I regain my power and clan, you will remain mine until I say otherwise. Both within and outside the village, you belong to Aikayume Azusa; I shall be your Lady, and you will be my Knight." She declared, reaching out her other hand in an attempt to his face in an attempt to keep his gaze fixated upon her. "An Aikayume Kitsune always repays a favor. Do this for me Riyota, and I swear I will not only remain someone you may admire...but I will be sure to show you just how grateful Aikayume Azusa can be." Her Green/Gold heterochrimatic eyes remained locked onto Riyota, taking in his reactions. She paused for a moment, not out of any hesitation, but to let the weight of what she was telling him sink in, before continuing;

"If you understand...Then show me. This time you will not catch me by surprise." The Fox finished, licking her lips hungrily.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota started out confused, it seemed that Azusa was in fear of putting him in harms way, he was flattered that she cared so much but it caused him to wonder just how powerful this person must be. The boy's confusion only grew with the former Priestess' statement that she would 'make him hers.'

He felt her soft touch on his face and it felt warm, whatever he was about to say vanished into the wind as he simply looked at the kitsune and listened. He listened to her entire speech, about how he would be a vessel for her protection and companionship, her 'knight' as she so nicely put it. Despite Riyota's blushing cheeks at the possible implications that Azusa's 'gratefulness' could imply he slowly nodded and dropped to one knee.

Many would see his actions as weak submission and an acceptance of servitude, which in a way, it was. However Riyota did not see it this way, he saw it as a new purpose for his life, a new reason for existing, something precious he could protect, and so he spoke.

"Very well then my Lady, I, Miroku Riyota, hereby pledge myself to your service. As your loyal defender and companion, I will serve as your knight until you deem me no longer necessary." with his pledge of allegiance completed, he looked back up at her, confused for a moment about what her final sentence was implying. After a few moments, he hoped he got the answer right.

He hoped beyond hopes indeed, as he pulled Azusa closer to himself, and kissed her once more.

He was her knight now, and he would do everything in his power to lift her up from the depths that she had fallen to.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The kitsune's fingers trailed from his cheeks to his hair as Riyota knelt before her, careful not to scratch him with her clawlike nails. There was a time and place to cause playful pain, and this was not one of them. "Rise, Riyota." The former priestess commanded after Riyota had spoke, vowing to carry out the commandments she laid out before him. The fox was pleased, though there was no doubt within her mind that Riyota was anything but her own.

Brought into and returning an embrace with the boy, the two kissed once more, though Azusa was far gentler than previously, tenderly brushing her tongue across his lips where she had previously gave him a minor injury. Their pact was complete.

Once they had both finished savoring the moment, Azusa broke away, her tails swaying behind her; "There are no take-backs now, my dearest Riyota."

Azusa still did not have her former techniques and chakra available to her, but she was not nearly as helpless as she was before. And certainly not as alone. With Riyota at her side, the exiled fox was a step closer towards redemption, or revenge, depending on how it was viewed. If not to Riyota, then at the very least to Azusa herself. "...Now come with me. As you have said, there is a man who I would like you speak with about certain supplies." Riyota had broken her supply of self-targetted poisons, and all slights against her must be repaid...But Azusa certainly wasn't about to take it out on her handsome new knight. At least, not with violence.

-----

Should Riyota had followed Azusa, the two would reach the ends of the alleyway where there brief chase had began. Voices could be heard around the corner just outside the heavily fortifide metal door AZusa had previously picked up her supplies from. It seemed they had arrived in time to catch a conversation...or the end of one, at least;"--don't know what your asking about. There was some girl with ears like yours, thats all I know. If she's off poisoning someone or sitting in a dumpster poisoning herself makes no difference to me." *slam*

RugkkPE.png
6wnKqbv.png

[Aikayume Hinoka & Kirika]

"So the rumor we heard was true...Lady Azusa really is keeping to these unclean slums." "And doing all sorts of messy things to get a few whiffs of shady substances~ I had always thought she was an uptight bitch, but it looks like she really does know how to have fun sometimes." "K-Kiri! Do not speak of Lady Azusa that way! I-I am sure there must be a reason for all this." "'Lady' nothin. I know you were her toy, but I never really liked her anyways. Even when shes gone we have to be out here in this filth looking for her..." "I...I just feel it is rude to speak of someone who is not present. Don't summon the others yet, let us at least look around to see if anyone else has seen her."

...It had seemed that aside from the man who had retreated into his bunker, there was a pair of Aikayume out in search of their missing priestess, only a few steps behind her. Azusa was quiet enough for now, but her ears stood tall and alert, focused on listening in on the conversation just round the corner. Her tails became jagged the more she listened, and soon she began trembling. Not from fear, but anger; while Riyota may have charismaticly avoided provoking the wrath of Azusa's curse mark, Azusa had unresolved issues with her clan. Whats more, she had far, far, less control over this seal than Riyota. "...Forget the man and box. Those traitorous foxes...I-I...wish to rip their damned ears off..." The kitsune was practically grinding her teeth.

Years ago Riyota had helped Azusa save her cousin, Hinoka. Now, it seemed Azusa was intending to tear her throat out with her claws...How would Riyota react to his lady's plight?

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota was disappointed at the end of the kiss, but only for a moment. He wished it didn't have to end but he knew it definitely had to. Azusa warned him that there was no going back now, but Riyota had no intention to. He had purpose and direction, which was all he needed now.

The kitsune informed him that they needed to go visit the man that Azusa had retrieved the original suspicious box from. His hope was that they were going to shut it down, but his fear was that his lady wanted more of whatever he was supplying. Whether it would invoke the ire of his lady or not, Riyota couldn't allow it, he had pledged to raise her from the depths of depravity that she had fallen to. Allowing her to continue working this shady deal would be going against his vow, and he would not have that. Incur her wrath as it may, the boy intended to put a stop to all of this.

He followed behind her, keeping an eye out for any potential dangers or attacks. He stopped when he heard voices, as did the Kitsune. Taking a peek at the two whispering individuals he could've sworn he recognized one of them, but he wasn't sure. The other, he had no clue about. All he knew is that they had to be Aikayume clanspeople, their vulpine features were a dead giveaway. Unless there were some other Kitsune clans that Riyota simply didn't know about. From what he could gather from their conversation, they seemed to be discussing Azusa, and the things she had been doing recently. The boy could see his lady's anger slowly sparking into an inferno, so he gently put a hand on her shoulder and whispered "Shhhhhh" into her ear. He desperately hoped it would calm her at least temporarily. Slowly he made his way towards the two other kitsune.

MFT 492

Use of his curse seals wasn't an option, he couldn't risk having Azusa see the monster he truly was. The only other options were this. Scare them, which Riyota didn't think he was too capable of, but that may have just been his own opinion of himself. So Riyota decided he was going to...well...disgust them away from this area.

The boy swallowed his pride and sighed, hoping that his lady would not judge him to harshly for what he was about to do. He cleared his throat and said to the two. "Hello there ladies, if you're looking for a good time, I can give one to you cheap." he would wink with his blue eye and give a sleazy grin, getting uncomfortably close to the pair. "Come on now, I promise I've not got any diseases, only 5000 yen." he hid his shame behind this act, but on the inside he was burning up with embarrassment, he only hoped the ploy worked and the two kitsune would run off in fear.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Anger.

There was so much anger building up within her lithe figure, She wanted them to beg. She wanted them to cry. She wanted to make them regret ever thinking she was anything other than their perfect priestess...it was quickly becoming the only thing on her mind, forgetting where she was, or lack of strength, or who she was with. It was dominating her mind at every corner at a rapid pace. The vacant stare of her eyes reflected the senseless madness within her, and her heart pounded heavily passed her modest chest. It was not quick; after the fox's run in with the plagued hoard, her pulse had never quickened passed its usual slow, steady, beating. It was always slow, steady, strong...

This did not mean she was calm; far from it. Azusa's anger was quickly becoming overwhelming to her, her breathing becoming deep pants. Hell, if the two around the corner weren't preoccupied with chatting among themselves they'd probably have been able to hear her.

Shhhh...

She was told. Riyota's touch on her shoulder caused the Kitsune to stand upright from her hunched over, near-feral, position. He created a momentary break in the foggy rage clouding her mind...For now. Azusa's expression was of someone who was lost...but she nodded her her head, listening as he went ahead while she tried to calm herself.

---

Around the corner, the two other Aikayume were finishing their brief conversation. The Aikayume were a wealthy clan, and the promise of a reward for any information helping them track down a certain lost blonde fox gave them no small amount of rumors and leads to their former priestess's location. Tonight, the two shrine maidens were investigating a rumor that a fox-eared girl was occasionally seen making trips through back alleyways to someone who was part of a shady business around this part of the slums. And after speaking with the proud owner of the establishment, it seemed said rumor had some truth to it.

Riyota made his grand appearance before the two Aikayume continued their search though. Their reactions were polar opposite; ""E-excuse me? No, I'm s-sorry...I did not realize we were in...such an area..." The pink haired Hinoka seemed horrified, while the blue haired fox raised her hand to conceal a grin of amusement; "Oh, ignore her; she's just a lil shy is all. But for 5000? I bet you could totally do abit better than that. Like, a group discount for both of us. We work at a shrine, so you could even consider it a charity for good fortune..." Whether from her counterpart's discomfort or Riyota's own boldness, she seemed to enjoy the situation.

At the pink haired kitsune's expense, of course. She seemed to alternate between holding back her companion and turning away Riyota, growing more frantic the closer Riyota got and the more Kirika seemed to play with the situation. "K-k-Kiri! Sorry for taking up your time! B-but we need to go..." She bowed towards Riyota hastily, ever proper even in such improper situations. But once her initial shock at the situation began to fade, she realized she could swear that she was able to detect the faint scent of Azusa on him. Of all the Kitsune, none had spent more time with Azusa than the unfortunate Hinoka. But the more she looked at him, the more her mind began to see some familiarity to him. "...It can't be...Do I know you?" Hinoka tilted her head quizzically. The Blue fox was estatic. "Eeeeeeh?!? Even you, Hinoka? I was so joking! I'd never touch someone so trashy!"

Hinoka ignored her, running through possible people she might know in her mind...until she recalled a boy who had assisted Azusa freeing her from being held captive during a robbery while shopping. For a long time afterwards, she had questioned Azusa about her handsome friend, fantasizing over the situation. The interest had faded over time, but seeing him again here rekindled previous passions...To Hinoka's dismay, given the current situation. "....It is not what it looks like! I have reason to be here! I would have worn something nicer, or my good ribbon. I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Hinoka repeatedly bowed with enough force that her twintail tied pink haired flailed wildly. Her blushing was probably even more rosy than her hair.

....Probably not the result Riyota expected from his grand plan. But at least Azusa was behaving, around the corner for now.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ugh... Riyota thought to himself, he had not only embarrassed himself, but he had also embarrassed himself for no good reason. He had failed to 'scare' off the two kitsune and apparently one of them was even trying to haggle him down. Things had not gone according to the grand plan in the slightest.

"Well Actually I-..." Riyota was cut off by the flustering of the apparently far more timid Aikayume. She expressed her intention to leave which caused the boy much relief, he however raised an eyebrow when she stopped and eyed him curiously. He was even more confused when she asked if she knew who he was. "I uh...I doubt it M'am, I'm no-one important. Honestly I'm not even a pros-..." he was cut off once again, this time by the bolder vixen. Whom appeared to be questioning her companion's decision to converse with him, referring to him as 'trashy'.

Riyota frowned when he heard that, and couldn't stop himself from checking his clothes and his hair in a nearby window, he didn't think he looked all too bad, but then again, Riyota had about 0% fashion sense in his mind. Also the kunai he had forgotten to remove was still sticking out of his leg which probably wasn't adding too many style points.

Returning his attention to the conversation at hand, the timid kitsune, whom he now knew was called Hinoka, was apparently apologizing to him? Something about not wearing nice things? The boy was extremely confused, even if he remembered who Hinoka was he was so dense he probably wouldn't understand what was going on.

"U-um, honestly Madam, you look very nice, it's not a problem. Also, I'm not a prostitute. I was just trying to uh...warn you of the dangers of this area..." not the most convincing line in the world, but Riyota's brain was being forced to think about far more things than it was used to at the moment so he didn't exactly have time to be convincing.

"However, it's dangerous for ladies like you to be out here this late. I'd advise you leave, else you may find people willing to offer you services whether you want them or not, if you catch my meaning." He had been spending too long with Azusa, his speech was getting far more formal than he was ever used to.

So please, take my advice, I need to have a few words with the gentleman who owns this shop. I wish you both a fine evening." Whilst too thick to realize Hinoka's crush, however large or small it may be, on him. He hoped that both the girls would in fact, leave, instead of sticking around to converse more. As he feared they would face Azusa's wrath if they remained.

[Writing this in a bit of a tired stupor so I'm very sorry if it's rambly or dumb.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back