Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Fox Hunt (Contract Search)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After deciding not to follow the hole down, Kagari and Ryuichi walked down the path before them. There were twists and turns, but despite after a few minutes of walking; Kagari felt like they weren't going anywhere. They weren't making any progress toward their goal, making Kagari think that maybe he should have gone down the hole. Ryuichi seemed to notice that they weren't making any progress either. "I don't think we're moving forward. It's some loop we're stuck in," The Red Fox tried to look closer at the path, but within a second they were in a clearing with no exit. "Well...What are we going to face now?" Kagari wondered as he tried to look for a trap or a test of some kind. It looks like something brought the duo here for something. A familiar face drew their attention, the eloquent voice of Morotobu spoke up. "Imbeciles," Kagari turned to face the white fox, curious as to why the white fox would insult them. Kagari noticed that the fox's expression was that one of a predator, his grin stretching from ear to ear. Kagari stepped forward, "I don't think you're Morotobu...are you?" Kagari got ready for an attack just in case the white fox would lunge at the duo.

WC: 211
MFT

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The white fox took a step closer to the pair, that wide grin only growing wider and all the more sinister as he approached.

"All this suffering, all this mayhem. I confess, I am responsible, heh heh," Morotobu said, letting out a smug chuckle, staring deep into the eyes of his undoubtedly next victims, "I am this genjutsu's caster!"

Ryuichi looked confused and almost hurt, having absolutely no idea of what was going on, "B-but brother, I don't understand.... What's gotten into you? You need to sna-!" No sooner than he saw that sinister glint in the fox's eyes did Ryuichi swallow those words. That wasn't his brother, his brother wouldn't do something like this to his family.

"You clearly don't remember do you? This genjutsu does more than you'd think; it alters memories! You see, I used to be all-powerful, feared, and mighty, but then that damn Kitsune, Yuna bound me to this temple, forced to feed on fox chakra to sustain myself... But now that I have a shinobi here...." That hungry glare seemed to flash back across the white fox's eyes, "I can drain more powerful chakra and break free from this godforsaken place!"

Ryuichi had an epiphany in that moment, staggering back in shock, practically cowering behind Kagari's leg, "He's dead.... Morotobu's d-dead....How could I have forgotten my own br-brother's death...You're dead, Morotobu!!!!"

The white fox grinned as he watched Ryuichi holler with fury, swishing his tail about the air as if he was gloating about some kind of absurd moral victory.

"Grrrr! He fell into that crevice in the caves before my eyes, and now you've taken his face to torment us!" It seemed like there was nothing to do now; Morotobu could easily blast them to pieces with a carefully worded jutsu, but it seemed to be the way of demons that they liked to toy with their victims. Fortunately, there was a way out of this mess, but Ryuichi would be too emotionally distressed to explain it to Kagari.

(( Sorry this took so long, only just got my stable internet back))

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the white fox stepped forward, he revealed himself as the man-no fox behind all this misery. "All this suffering, all this mayhem. I confess I am responsible, heh heh" The white fox cackled as he slowly crept towards the two. "I am this genjutsu's caster!" He shouted. Ryuichi looked distraught and perturbed that his brother could be the root of all evil. Kagari raised a brow, was the villain really that close the entire time? "B-but brother, I don't understand.... What's gotten into you? You need to sna-!" The red fox paused, and soon a dawn of realisation hit his brain, this wasn't Morotobu; he never was. "You clearly don't remember, do you? This genjutsu does more than you'd think; it alters memories! You see, I used to be all-powerful, feared, and mighty, but then that damn Kitsune, Yuna bound me to this temple, forced to feed on Fox chakra to sustain myself... But now that I have a shinobi here...." The white fox explained as he began to have a very animalistic hunger about him, like a predator about to catch its prey. "I can drain more powerful chakra and break free from this godforsaken place!" He shouted, ready to feast on the teen and his "brother". "He's dead.... Morotobu's d-dead....How could I have forgotten my own br-brother's death...You're dead, Morotobu!!!!" The red fox began to cower behind Kagari's legs; Ryuichi sounded angry, confused, and sad. The white fox grinned, delighted at the troubled state of the red fox. "Grrrr! He fell into that crevice in the caves before my eyes, and now you've taken his face to torment us!" Ryuichi finally settled on being angry, ready to fight back. Kagari in the meantime stayed silent; he listened quietly to the impersonator of Morotobu; trying to figure out a plan in his head to get out. 'He's cocky...and he's powerful if he can maintain this level of genjutsu. He thinks he has us in a bind but...we can use that against him. How to play this out...' Kagari looked at Ryuichi and winked at the red fox. He stepped forward, "Alright, I guess I give up." The teen shrugged and began to kneel down. "I'm tired from all that hiking and my sweet new jacket almost got burned by that damn rain earlier. I don't want to mess with you if you can alter memories and cast this hellish nightmare so..." Hopefully, Kagari's stalling would shake Ryuichi out of his current state and think of a way to get the both of them out of this mess. "I do have a question, were you the one behind all these traps and all that acid rain earlier?"

WC: 314
MFT

Kitetsu Kurikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Morotobu smirked as he saw the complete terror on the red fox’s face. It was clear his little mind game had everyone fooled up until now. But he didn’t exactly plan on allowing these two to leave alive either, so it didn’t matter if they knew now. What fun would it be if he had been more sneaky about it?

But upon hearing the ravenette human’s words, his little fox smirk fell away. He grew wary of the shinobi; was he really simply going to give up without a fight? “What a bore you are,” he stated with a tired tone of sorts, as if he truly believed every word the male spoke. Then again, it was true; their situation was truly hopeless if Morotobu was this strong. With the little red fox out of the way psychologically, there was no worry for him to interfere either.

Ryuichi grew wary as well, though he was more terrified that Kagari would be giving up rather than continuing to fight.“W-What? No, Kagari, you can’t! He can’t escape!!” the little fox exclaimed. It was scaring him further…until he caught on to the shinobi’s idea. He was stalling. What for, Ryuichi didn’t know, but he needed to think of a way to get them out of this mess either way.

Morotobu clicked his tongue at the question about his creation of the rain and traps they fell prey to.“Yes, as I have already stated. I created this torture for all the foxes here. But I don’t have to stay any longer now that you have come along,” he said with a victorious laugh.

Allowing Ryuichi to come up with a plan. The red fox let out small whimpers as he moved closer to the human, hoping to keep up the act of his terrorized state. Which, in all honesty, wasn’t completely a farce. It hurt him deeply that his brother’s death only now resurfaced in his memory. But he knew they were in danger at the current moment, and he couldn’t let his past scars haunt him now. Once he was close enough, he whispered to the other male. “This is our chance to make things right,” he began, starting up yet another jutsu in hopes that Kagari would finish it correctly.
Just like the last set of poem creation, only this time there will be a 50/50 chance of passing the test or failing. If he does not get the rhyme just right, then another set of options will be presented. If he does, the genjutsu will be lifted and we will continue from there.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“What a bore you are,” the evil white fox spoke. Kagari, in turn, shrugged, "I'll take that as a compliment. Although I do wonder what your true form is."“W-What? No, Kagari, you can’t! He can’t escape!!” Kagari cringed a little bit that Ryuichi didn't realise what Kagari's plan was, but the young shinobi was hopeful that either this was an act he was catching on. If Kagari could convince the both of them that he was serious about giving up, maybe he should change career and consider acting. He could feel the presence of his red companion creep towards him, whimpering and possibly crying due to the sudden revelation. Thankfully, Morotobu seemed to have bought the bait. “Yes, as I have already stated. I created this torture for all the foxes here. But I don’t have to stay any longer now that you have come along,"
'Perfect, the villain is monologuing...<i></i> As that was happening, Ryuichi began to creep closer, whispering a phrase."This is our chance to make things right," Kagari looked at the fox curiously and realised it was like earlier, he needed to come up with a rhyme. Kagari smirked, he began to finish the rhyme. "All i have to say is this alright, Morotbu you blight...FOR THIS DAY YOU SHALL SEE THE LIGHT! BEGONE EVILDOER, VANISH FROM OUR SIGHT! "

Kitetsu Kurikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
98419a8fc650aee266470b8c27c25eaa.jpg

Ryuichi was truly impressed by the shinobi's quick thinking and creative rhyme. The effects were almost instant; everything around them began to shift and curl, and suddenly the horribly dead landscape lit up in life and colour. Behind them was a small pond with a large tree growing in the center on a small piece of land. Ryuichi let out a small gasp. "Inochi no Ki," he mumbled. It was the life source within this peaceful sanctuary, the core of the beautiful and lush grasses and trees that these foxes called home.

Seeing this tree caused Morotobu to chuckle lightly. Given that the genjutsu was broken, his true form was shown. His hair was just as white as the fur he had in his fox form, but his one showing eye was pitch black with a red pupil. He wore a mask over the rest of his face, black with a smile showing every tooth. He wore all black, but behind him twisted red tails with a daunting aura of evil all around him.

9e40720244312f6ecaae93496ef86e4b.jpg

"Perfect. And all I needed was this Shinobi to lead me to it." He was upset that his true form was revealed and his genjutsu destroyed, but now that he found the center of the area that bound him in this foxland, he could simply destroy it and make his escape.

Ryuichi glared over at the person that had tortured his kind for so long. "Don't you dare. That tree is the essence of life here. If you disturb it, you disturb all of nature." Ryuichi looked up at Kagari. He hoped the shinobi would be able to help in this situation. The little fox had power, sure, but he didn't know the level of their opponent now. But what could they do?
OOC said:
Rolled 22, the jutsu works! The genjutsu has been lifted.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suddenly, the hellish landscape all faded away and returned to the scenery he had first seen when he entered the cave. Beautiful green replaced the dark reds, and life returned to the world. Once it all became "normal", Kagari could see a lone tree standing in the middle with water surrounding it. Was this the core of the world they were in? Whatever it was, it had his red companion in awe. "Inochi no Ki," He spoke. In turn, their enemy; who transformed from the dog-sized white fox to now a demonic figure. Red swirls hovered around him and an evil smile laid on his face, it looked like his goal was in his sights. "Perfect. And all I needed was this Shinobi to lead me to it."'Shit, did we just play right into his hands?' Kagari wondered that if they just hand delivered the evil mastermind's objective right to him, which would make getting out of this mysterious spirit world that much harder. "Don't you dare. That tree is the essence of life here. If you disturb it, you disturb all of nature."

"Wait, WHAT?!" Kagari exclaimed as he looked at the red fox shocked. "Something like this is...here?! The evil villain was sealed right next to what you say is "the essence of all life?" And someone decided to give him a home next to it?" This was kind of upsetting Kagari, why would you put a diamond next to a thief and not expect something bad to happen. Regardless, they duo were in a bind again. Except instead of saving themselves, they had to save all of life apparently. Kagari began to realise he could use his surroundings to an advantage; water, moisture and cold air filled the area. He was in his element. "Well I've heard when you're back is against the wall, you use it." Kagari threw down a smoke bomb to buy some time. Turning to Ryuichi, "I'll buy us some time; you've gotten us out of trouble twice already, I'm sure you can do it a third time!" Kagari then went through a few hand seals and summoned a giant tidal wave; aimed at the demonic "morotobu". (Used Grand Waterfall: Rank 1)

Actions:
1. Used a smoke bomb
2. Used Grand Waterfall Jutsu: Rank 1

Kitetsu Kurikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seeing the shinobi act made Ryuichi inwardly smirk. Whether or not Kagari would catch on, his playing along would aid in the protection of the tree. The smoke bomb gave him enough time to set up what he needed. He gave a nod to the shinobi. “Thank you, Kagari.” Morotobu was struck by the water that was aimed at him, dazing him for a moment. Ryuichi jumped onto his chest when he was on the ground locking eyes with him. He cast a genjutsu but acted as if there was nothing planned. “Just give up now, Morotobu.” The area around them barely changed; the tree was merely shifted to the left some, which wouldn’t have been noticed by Morotobu in his slightly dazed state.

“Give up? My goal is right in front of me!” he called out with a laugh, picking Ryuichi up by the scruff of his neck. The small fox used substitute, leaving a clone in his place and masking himself within the genjutsu. As this was going on, the clone let out a squeak as it was tossed aside carelessly and knocked against a tree. It struggled to stand up, and as much as the real Ryuichi didn’t want to trick the shinobi, he couldn’t risk being revealed either, so he cast the same genjutsu on Kagari as well.

Clone Ryuichi looked over at Kagari with a pitiful look. “Please, Kagari, help me protect the tree. We just need to keep Morotobu away from it until the other foxes come to help.” The fox charged at their enemy, prepared to attack him. Morotobu simply let out a laugh as one of the tails on his back stretched out and wrapped around Ryuichi. “Don’t worry about me! Just attack him!”

Real Ryuichi would carefully and slowly move the scenery of the genjutsu until the “tree” would be sitting directly over a water hole. Once the male would land inside the hole, Ryuichi would be able to trap him within a block of ice and deal with him when the leader of their home came to the scene.

[OOC: I apologize for the wait! Busy schedule captured me, but here you go ^^]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The water ninjutsu succeeded at stunning Morotobu; Kagari's red partner leapt quickly into action. Ryuichi landed on the now demonic figure's chest, telling him to give up. Morotobu, obviously undetered picked up Ryuichi by the fur on the back of his neck and threw him to the side, slamming him into a tree. Giving a yelp, Kagari winced at the sight of the injured fox. The red fox begged his newfound comrade to protect the tree from Morotobu, and continue fighting despite his injured state. "I don't have much of a choice now do I?" He adjusted his glasses with one hand, pushing it up so that it stayed on the bridge of his nose. Kagari looked again at his surroundings, most of the surface were now damp from Kagari's mini tidal wave. He smirked, "You seem to like fire a lot, how about you cool down?" Kagari then knelt down, touching the ground with his bare hands; ice began to form around his fingertips and spread across the damp soil. (Flash Freeze: Rank 3) It reached all the way towards Morotobu. He wouldn't be frozen by the technique, but it did get a bit slipperier to walk around. To finish it off, Kagari then began to focus chakra into his hands, imagining the shape of a sharp lance, an ice spear formed into his hands. Once it was complete, he hurled it with all his might at Morotobu. (Frozen Spear: Rank 3)

Actions:
1.Used Flash Freeze to Make the surrounding area that was affected by Grand waterfall frozen.
2. Used Frozen Spear to form a lance and threw it at Morotobu.

WC: 235
MFT

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Taking over. This looks about done so, next post will be exit post. Sorry for the wait was getting caught up on what happened. After you post, make sure to PM Akujin via Discord and the details of your contract completion!]

The frozen sharp pillar traveled through the air piercing in the wind until it impaled an unsuspecting Morutobo was pinned to the 'Tree.' It was here the real Ryuichi revealed himself as the clone proofed. The slippery icy field by Kagari helped aid in the accuracy of his attack.

Ryuichi smirked and snickered to himself approaching Morutobo as the water around him hardened into ice ensnaring him in frozen water. Morutobo would struggle and curse at the two.

Ryuichi: "You're done. Just... Give it up, will ya?"

Morutobo: "Agh! Ggya! Gaaaaahh!"

Morutobo struggled to get out of the ice but couldn't meanwhile the rest of the fox clan would arrive snarling and baring teeth at Morutobo. They would then beckon the two away, Ryuichi approached Kagari, titling his head in a direction away from them, becoming Kagari to follow.

If Kagari followed, Ryuichi would lead him some distance away. From here, he would regurgitate a scroll that came out somehow completely dry. He would unroll the scroll, with a smirk.

"Sorry I had to put you under genjutsu, but I'm sure you understand why. You have helped us, and proven you are not like other humans. There is much light in your heart. You've won with me, and that is good enough. Now, I encourage you to get to know everyone else, and build an even better relationship with them."

Ryuichi would extend an arm, his paw intended to fist bump with Kagari as a covenant of their bond and promise. He proved his loyalty, and Ryuichi was sure he proved his. He hoped that he would receive the agreement to sign. And if so, or not, he would roll up the scroll, touch the head of Kagari who would pass out and in a poof of a cloud, return conscious is his normal realm, Sunagakure.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The spear landed on Kagari's desired target, piercing Morotobu in the shoulder and pinning him to a tree. Morotobu let out a screech that pierced the air, it was obvious the cold ice was doing its job. Kagari was about to check up on Ryuichi when he noticed that the "injured" Ryuichi was just a clone, as it poofed away and the real fox made his way towards the demon Morotobu. The demon in the question, of course, began to curse and insult the two; it was the only thing that he could muster up in his current state. "You're done. Just... Give it up, will ya?" Ryuichi tried to placate with the demon but unfortunately all this did was make him try to struggle out of the ice spear that was pinning him. "I'd be careful, move anymore and that spear will rip your shoulder off." Said demon still tried to struggle out, letting out screams of pain. "Agh! Ggya! Gaaaaahh!" Out of the corner of his eye, Kagari could see a large number of foxes appear from the trees. They approached the trio and began to snarl at the demon fox. A few of the foxes looked at Ryuichi and Kagari saying, "we got this." essentially. The red fox beckoned for Kagari to follow him, Kagari assumed this would be about the fox contract. His assumption was correct, as the fox unrolled a scroll. "Sorry I had to put you under genjutsu, but I'm sure you understand why. You have helped us, and proven you are not like other humans. There is much light in your heart. You've won with me, and that is good enough. Now, I encourage you to get to know everyone else, and build an even better relationship with them. The red fox would extend his paw, and shaped it as best he could to that of a fist. Kagari smirked and bumped "paws" with Ryuichi. "Well, I can at least say this was definitely an experience. I hope we meet again in the future." Kagari then bit his thumb and signed the contract with the blood seal. Once Kagari was done, the red fox booped Kagari on the head and he blacked out. After a few seconds, his consciousness returned and he was back at the fox statue where this whole thing started. The hole that opened up before was now a solid wall, it looked like he wouldn't be able to return anytime soon. Getting up and dusting the dirt off of his pants, he made his way back down the mountain; the task completed.

[Fox Contract got]
[topic left]
OoC: FINALLYYYYYY
I changed where I ended up because I have a post in Cloud at the timeframe so it wouldn't make sense in the current timeline with my character. Sorry. Anyways thanks for stepping in.
WC: 359

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back