Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Fragments of Sky Silver [Open]

Rakujo Yumeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After a chunk of time with his... incident with the Kazekage, the white haired man had decided to take some time to dwell on his time apart from his sword as it was now secure to his right side with his hand resting on the end of the hilt. His time in seclusion, letting his wounds heal and calm down as his body and mind had to get used to being fully together again, was pretty good but he decided to go and look for a semi-secondary weapon. Not a replacement in the slightest, but as his head wasn't clouded much anymore, he decided that he'd start with the lesser reputable shops and areas before making his way up. He first really needed a change of clothes and that's exactly what he went to get. The first place he went to was that of a clothes shop that, while pretty shitty had exactly what he needed, enough of a similar set of clothes that he had and quickly bought them after inspecting them and paid the full price. After his purchase, he'd make his way to an appropriate area to change.

Making sure his sword wasn't far from him still, he'd change every piece of clothes and even his shoes before making his way out and threw his ruined clothes away after leaving the shop. After making his way, he'd take his time going through other shops and started window shopping through quite a few different shops and time had escaped him pretty well and by the time he noticed the time, he'd both forgotten his secondary reason for coming to these shops and hadn't realized he spent most of the day just window shopping.

Once he noticed that it had gotten dark, he'd notice the shop held many different sorts of weapons and some that he hadn't seen before. The only thing that had really caught his eye outside of the ones he'd not really seen before, was that of a small wooden sword, roughly the size of a tanto.

He'd pick it up and bring it to the person who was apparently not paying much attention by reading a book. "I didn't see the price for this, how much is it?" He said, setting it on the counter, not having seen a price directly near it. The man would look away from his book at the short wooden sword before putting his book down and speaking up. "Yeah, that'll be... The man would say, telling him the price in which the somewhat high price didn't phase him in which he'd hand the man the money before he picked up the item as the man counted the money before he waved Naikishin off as he walked away.

Leaving the shop, he'd begin to make sure it was nicely held to his left side. His arm and leg weren't fully healed quite yet but they were healed enough for him to move comfortably, just not enough for him to exert them. As he started on his way just to walk down through the area through the spirit within his weapon had decided to manifest proper and just made her way a few paces behind him. "Its been a while, Ko." He'd stay, moving at a normal pace and not looking back at her to say it. She didn't say anything but smiled just a little.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota yawned as he continued his walk down the squalid, dusty streets of the Grand Palais. He often came here for moments of peace and brief clarity, something about the area just helped him clear his head. He couldn't exactly place what it was. If anything the area should make someone feel anything but relaxed. Constant offers of suspicious goods or cheap sex and threats from various brutes and thugs should make someone feel on edge. Perhaps it was the fact that this area was so different from the rest of sand that it shook up the monotony and let him take his mind off the day to day. Perhaps he was just a bit weird.

As he was passing by a weapon's shop that he had visited in the past an individual exiting happened to catch his eye. There wasn't anything particularly out-of-the-ordinary about the person themselves, no, what caught Riyota's eye was the item they were holding. A surprisingly well crafted, wooden blade. It called to the artisan within him and he decided to take a closer look. Then something rather strange occurred. A form manifested near the other man. A form that appeared female.

"Hmm...suppose it's not the weirdest thing I've ever seen... Riyota thought to himself, shrugging slightly as he continued his approach. He mentally pondered a few different ways to initiate the conversation as he walked up to the pair. In the end, he settled for "That's an interesting weapon you have yourself there!" He spent a moment looking it over again before becoming aware of the environment he was in. "I...just realise how that probably sounded. I promise I'm not here to steal anything." He raised his hands to indicate he meant no harm, unsure if the other two would believe him after he seemingly came out of nowhere.

"I was just noticing that you have a good eye for quality, I certainly wouldn't have expected a piece like that to find its way here." Unsurprisingly, Riyota had forgotten to introduce himself at any point in this conversation.

MFT

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
As the white-haired swordsman browsed one store, the massive pugilist known as Miyamoto Hiroshi sat hazily in the back room of another, his body fully paralyzed from the neck down. Several people of questionable mechanical and medical knowledge prodded his thick arms with various implements as they started to weave a synthetic mesh with the man's own flesh, the pain causing him to regain some of his senses.

"Where . . . am . . . I . . . ?" he questioned those around them before one of them injected a stronger dosage of the paralyzing anesthetic right into the base of skull.

"Why you're on the precipice of the future, of course!" one of the tinkerers declared as the group began anchoring hydraulic components to his muscles, a sadistic glee evident in his tone. "You'll be the very first person with a pair of state of the art Sasaki Goro gauntlets! Not even the most elite Journeyman could craft something as exquisite as this!"

"I . . . don't . . . want . . . " Hiroshi tried to object before metal fused with flesh, causing him to wince from the excruciating pain.

"Of course you want this!" the same man was losing his patience already. "After all, who would be mad enough to turn down this once in a life-time opportunity, courtesy of myself?"

"Who . . . the hell . . . are you . . . ?" Hiroshi growled weakly before coughing up no small amount of blood.

"Shit, he's bleeding out!" one of Goro's lackeys shouted in panic as they hastened the procedure.

"Ungrateful oaf!" the madman shouted, before addressing his goons. "Kill him and dispose of the body. Just make sure you rip my implants from his worthless corpse! My investors won't be happy if my magnum opus gets stolen!"

An ominous laugh emanated from Hiroshi as he finally overcame his paralysis. "You should try a little harder to keep your nefarious intentions a secret," Unmei spoke through him as his body stood up, towering over the others that were now cowering. "So, shall I kill you all now? Or would you prefer to lay awake every single night, knowing I might one day decide to pay you a visit. For me I'd prefer the thrill of the hunt myself."

Shouts of terror echoed through the night as the crumpled body of one of Goro's assistants and rubble from the wall of the store skidded across the street near where Naikishin and Riyota were conversing with one another. Soon after the rest of the outift, including Sasaki Goro himself, fled the scene haphazardly.

And then Hiroshi's massive figure appeared, still bleeding out from the experiment as he started to stagger towards the two. "Help . . . me . . . " he pleaded as the weight of the gauntlets and the loss of blood and adrenaline caused him to stumble.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yatamaru didn’t like admitting that someone else could build anything better than he could, but on this occasion, and only this occasion, he had to give that sleeze-ball, Goro, credit.

He’d first heard the rumors of secret human experimentation through back channels in the ANBU. They’d been tracking him for a few months now, keeping an eye on various nefarious actions of his, and it seemed that his work was coming to a head. The man specialized in prosthesis, add-ons, that augmented the body’s abilities. From the intel they’d gathered, it seemed he was almost ready for prototyping. A test subject would be needed.

From their little birds, hiding in various places, the ANBU had managed to determine when and where the testing would be carried out, but they’d so far been unable to determine the who.

What had caught Yatamaru’s eye, though, was the spec designs of these prosthesis. They were quite stunning. He had to see them for himself.

Being a senior ANBU operative had some perks. He had some weight to throw around when it came to issues like this; after just a few words to the right people, Yatamaru had secured himself solo-rights to the case. He’d be undercover, in the field, trying to stop this madman from hurting any of Suna’s citizens.

As if! I gotta see for myself just what kind of implementation we’re talking about here! Yatamaru wasn’t in this for the honor. He wanted those designs.

So, when a rather hurried looking older man, with all the features that matched the madman’s profile, barreled right past Yatamaru on the street, he ignored the vagrant and headed straight towards the direction he was running from. He'd deal with Goro later.

Turning the corner, the scene before him was too perfect. One giant of a man, arms covered in what looked like two metal arm bracers, dripping with blood, was staggering out of a nondescript building. Two men, seemingly just simple bystanders, one with silver hair and one with black. One woman, slightly see-through, trailing slightly behind the man with silver hair.

Yatamaru didn’t waste a single second. He knew exactly who his target was. ”Hey, you over there!” He was directing his voice at the two men, and the woman. ”This is an investigation! Help me out over here!”

Closing the distance between himself and the bleeding giant with what seemed to be inhuman speed, even for a shinobi, Yatamaru began, immediately, to pretend to look like he knew what he was doing. First thing: he needed these witnesses gone.

”Did you see a short, older man, possibly looking like some sort of wannabe mad scientist, running away from this scene? He’s wanted, big time, and probably the one who caused this guy here a world of trouble.” He let them process that for a second. ”You three look like capable fighters! He couldn’t have gotten far — nab him for me while I stabilize this guy!”

Yatamaru turned his attention back to his target, the one with the designs he craved, and decided it wouldn’t do to let the man die while he examined the prototypes. Summoning out one of his puppets, TYRY43L, he directed the automaton to begin casting a mid-level healing jutsu, Mystical Force.

”Now tell me,” he said to his “patient,” ”how do those things feel? Can you move your arms? Do you feel powerful beyond belief, or what?”

Rakujo Yumeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ko was the first of the duo to stop once someone had decidedly called out to Naikishin. The spirit that stayed a couple paces behind the white haired man had deceptively dark blue hair and dark red eyes. "Oh?" Would slip out of her lips as a slight gust of wind gently moved her clothes that manifested along with her. It would be a moment before Naikishin himself stopped, but he would and pivoted himself on one foot to look with his remaining eye to see who had spoken to him. The man had called out that he had an interesting weapon and then told him that he wasn't there to steal anything as he raised his hands indicating that no harm was meant.

"I'm glad that you're not here to attempt a robbery." He'd state before the guy had said that he noticed that he had a good eye for quality. "Thanks, though I hope you're talking about both of the weapons I have here becau--" He'd say before he was quite rudely interrupted. Well shit, he was just starting to feel better from being separated from his weapon for so long and thought everything was going to get better from here but feeling better was off the table as a body had gone through a wall and skidded near the two men and the spirit, along with some rubble from the wall. Several people from within had scattered from the scene through the hole and ran away pretty quickly as a massive figure moved forward and appeared to be bleeding with something attached to his arms.

It sure became a party now with yet another person joining in. Though he had immediately told the two men and even the spirit to help him and that is was an investigation. The man would continue to ask them questions after he went to the guy who was stumbling out of the wall. Being asked the questions didn't really make Naikishin feel like he needed to act. Hell, with how his life had been recently he really needed to properly relax. "Look, you're asking a guy still recovering from things who's out here trying to relax, a spirit, and then whoever this guy is to do this. All I know is that while I sympathize with whatever happened to that guy, I'm stepping back for a bit..." He'd say motioning to Riyota before crossing his arms somewhat slowly. His broken bones still had time before healing and he had enough sense at this point. Luckily enough for Naikishin that this hadn't happened a couple week prior or else something completely different would have happened. As for Ko, the spirit that accompanied Naikishin, she decided to move around the area and look at what had settled around in the area and even looked at the guy who had tried giving them orders and the guy that was wounded and stumbling without making much sound or even speaking.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Many things occurred all at once. First, a potentially interesting conversation would begin. Second, that conversation would be cut off by a sudden commotion. Third, that commotion would produce an injured man stumbling towards the trio asking for help. Fourth, that stumbling man would summon the interest of another man who was quite clearly an ANBU and furthermore an ANBU altogether unconcerned with who it was that did their job. Riyota had encountered many different ANBU in his life and none of those encounters had been particularly pleasant. Whilst Riyota wasn't thrilled about taking order from an ANBU who clearly had some kind of ulterior motive he also wasn't willing to let a potential criminal get away. Seeing as the other Shinobi he had spoken to was stepping out of the encounter. It seemed it would all be left to him.

Closing his eyes he planted his palms against the Sand beneath them and called forth on the power within his blood. He felt the bones in his arms grow longer and longer as they started to meld through his palms and into the ground. More and more bones started to protrude from all different parts of his arms and flood into the ground. These bones travelled quickly once under and the other men would be able to see shards of skeleton protruding from the ground in the path Goro had taken. With a slight twitch Riyota would announce "Found you..." The men would perhaps hear a slight yelp as unseen in the distance Goro was being tethered by the extension of the Shinobi's skeleton and bound by it, slowly pulled into the ground. With a quick mental command the man was being pulled towards the group at lightning speeds. Within a few moments the esteemed Goro was in front of them all, covered in Sand and wrapped in bone. With a sharp arm movement Riyota severed the extra bone and stood up again. "There's your mark." He gestured to Yatamaru with a look of mild annoyance. "Once again the mighty ANBU show us all how to get a job done." He spoke with sarcasm. Riyota did not like the ANBU, not at all.

With the initial task done he turned his gaze to the wounded man, taking a quick look over his injuries. "I'm certainly no medic but I can tell that was done poorly." A small joke in an attempt to hopefully lighten the mood. Riyota glanced down to his own metal arm and compared it quickly with the arms of the victim. 'Glad I didn't get this guy to put it on me.' He thought to himself, looking over to the trapped Goro.

MFT

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Hiroshi narrowed his eyes and glared at the incognito ANBU as the medical jutsu proved to be an effective substitute for the paralyzing anesthesia Goro and his goons pumped into him. "I just punched a man so hard he flew through a solid brick wall," he stated the obvious as he nodded towards the barely breathing heap nearby. "That, and the fact that I needed to be stabilized, should be enough to answer all your questions."

The behemoth of man then looked to the man and the woman that were stepping aside to allow the ANBU to heal him, a light chuckle escaping his lips before he coughed up some blood. "Well, perhaps we can heal together?" he offered with a faint smile. "My name is Miyamoto Hiroshi."

Then the wondrous sound of Goro yelling in the distance as Riyota dragged him back brought a grin to his face. But as soon as the man with his own metal arm chastised the ANBU Corps as a whole, his expression quickly soured. "If you knew that an ANBU are doing their job, then they aren't doing their job well," he defended Yatamaru, despite being annoyed with his total disregard for his condition.

Something was still wrong though; while Yatamaru's jutsu was healing him physically, he could feel Goro's prostheses draining his chakra somehow. "Anyhow, thanks for help everyone, but I want these things off of me," he confessed to the other four. "Or at least a way to manage their power."

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yatamaru had been met, stiffly, with resistance.

The man with white hair seemed to take the non-involvement approach. This bothered Yatamaru, but only insofar as it meant he, and his spiritual companion, would be keeping their watchful eyes on him, instead of on the red herring. You’re not making my job here any easier, man. Yatamaru would have to change tactics.

The man with black hair seemed to take the sarcastic approach. While he did spring to action — which, by the way, had put a quick gleam of avaricious desire into Yatamaru’s eye as he noted the man’s bloodline powers — he did so with more than a touch of distaste in his tone. His dislike of the ANBU, as a whole, was duly noted.

The man with bleeding arms seemed no worse for wear than had been expected. He was stable, for now, and seemingly making light of the trauma he’d just been through. He’s certainly a trooper. He’d probably make a great ANBU candidate. Yatamaru didn’t realize it — probably because he wasn’t exactly the “responsible” type — but the man in question was already one of theirs. He was in training, but he was still a student of the covert, and a valuable asset.

Yatamaru made a quick judgement call. He could sense where certain elements of this conversation were heading. Time for a redirect.

”ANBU?” He looked confused, alarmed, or perhaps maybe it was shock? Either way, it made Yatamaru look uncomfortable. ”Oh no, I think there’s been a miscommunication. I never said I was an ANBU; though, I’m quite pleased to hear you think I could be one! I’m not nearly qualified enough to be one of them — I’m a private investigator sent to find out how far this Goro has gotten in his research. He’s not exactly well liked, you see, and has all sorts of enemies and rivals in…er…well…seedier places.” He whispered the last lines, as if afraid some passerby would overhear him talking too much, and report his actions back to whoever it was he implied had hired him. What kind of ANBU would he be if he, seemingly, couldn’t even stand to deal with a little danger?

Yatamaru turned back to the subject at hand (or arm, rather). The prosthetics, it seemed, were power-hungry in a way other than their creator. They demanded fuel, and the poor hulking, bleeding, man they were attached to wasn’t providing enough latent energy. Yatamaru had an idea — several, actually — but selecting the best one was a tricky business.

Obviously, he went with the option most likely to get him what he wanted.

”Well, the quickest way to get them off would be to remove them…along with your arms. I’m guessing you’d prefer not to go with that option, though.” As he spoke, Yatamaru began to pull out a rather old-looking bottle of sake. If any of them were confused, they were right to be. ”You’re going to need to trust me on this one: I need you to drink this.” Handing over the bottle to the bleeding man, it would seem to be filled with regular sake. ”It has healing powers. If nothing else, the alcohol will help take your mind off things.”

What he was asking of the bleeding man was a lot, he knew. Big leap of faith, especially for a stranger. But if he could somehow get over that and choke down a bit of the mystery liquid, he’d be met with a welcome sense of relief. A warm tingle, much more noticeable than expected, would run all through the man’s body. The sense of strain from the arms would be lifted. He would no longer feel his life force being drained. For now, anyways.

”It’s a little brew of my own making. It’s boosting your chakra outputs, for the moment, which should help to keep these things,” he tapped on the prosthetics for emphasis, ”from sucking you dry. It’s not a permanent fix, but it should keep you going until we can get the proper help you need.”

Befriend. Disarm. Infiltrate. Only once he was on the inside of this blossoming experience could he actively work towards the goal he desired. He would get that knowledge, even if he had to fake an entire operation to do it.

[ooc]
My bloodline is a re-skinned version of Tsuchimikado, called Sake Sage, which I've included below. I am attempting to give Hiroshi the benefits of Fermented Fortifications via the Life of the Party skill, as a counter to the damage being done by his prosthetic arms. Consider it a small chakra buffer that the arms will eat from, as opposed to your chakra directly.
36eHZXi.png

For as long as humankind has existed, so too has alcohol. The lifeblood of society, ales and spirits have been the driving force behind progress for all of time — it didn’t take long for ancient philosophers to notice this, and seek out the root cause. It turns out, alcohol are chakra are symbiotic: drunks are able to produce far greater amounts of chakra than normal, boosting their power and abilities exponentially. For centuries, ancient societies meditated on and experimented with the power of alcohol, searching for the key to using alcohol to its fullest potential. Some say they are still searching, but the truly enlightened know the truth: the Sake Sages long ago unlocked the true power of alcohol, spreading their secrets only to those worthy of tasting their treasured gift, the fabled Sacred Sake (or, as it is colloquiolly known, Kouki).

084 PL - Intoxicated Wisdom (Rank One) / Enchanted Brew (Rank 1)
168 PL - Plastered Protection (Rank One)
252 PL - Instant Hangover (Rank One)
336 PL - Vile Shot (Rank One)
420 PL - Intoxicated Wisdom (Rank Two)
504 PL - Instant Hangover (Rank Two)
588 PL - Enchanted Brew (Rank 2) / Life of the Party (Rank One)
672 PL - Plastered Protection (Rank Two) / Liquor's Luck (Rank One)
756 PL - Intoxicated Wisdom (Rank Three) / Vile Shot (Rank Two)
840 PL - Instant Hangover (Rank Three) / Life of the Party (Rank Two)
924 PL - Liquor's Luck (Rank Two)
1008 PL - Plastered Protection (Rank Three) / Life of the Party (Rank Three)
1092 PL - Ritual Casting (Rank 3) / Divination (Rank Three)
1176 PL - Vile Shot (Rank Three)
1260 PL - Drunken Logic (Rank 1)
1344 PL - Fermented Fortifications (Rank 1)
1428 PL - Drunken Logic (Rank 2)
1512 PL - Five-Flavor Invocation (Rank 1)
1596 PL - Drunken Logic (Rank 3) / Fermented Fortifications (Rank 2)
1680 PL - Fermented Fortifications (Rank 3) / Five-Flavor Invocation (Rank 2)
1764 PL - Five-Flavor Invocation (Rank 3)

Intoxicated Wisdom — Passive</U><i></i>
The Sacred Sake bestows many gifts upon a Sake Sage. Enlightenment is just the first of many gifts, the most mystical of which is the ability to see into the Spirit Realm. Some say it’s just an urban myth, but a genuine batch of Sacred Sake truly does reveal that which is unseen.

Rank 1: The user and their actions are Drunk aligned, but cost +10% Cp.
Rank 2: The user and their actions are Drunk aligned, but cost +5% Cp.
Rank 3: The user and their actions are Drunk aligned. If an effect would cause the user to become Sober or Wasted, the user may choose to instead remain Drunk.

Enchanted Brew — Passive<i></i>
While it is true there are many different ways to brew alcohols, only a Sake Sage knows of the ancient methods of infusing chakra into their spirits. Able to imprint the abilities of a single jutsu into a small shot of sake, a true Sake Sage will regularly be consuming their prepared concoctions in the middle of battle.

Rank 1: The user gains 1 Sake Bottle at the start of each round (unused ones carry over and stack to a maximum of 3). Sake Bottles may be used to cast Ninjutsu or Genjutsu with One-Handed Seals.
Rank 2: The user gains 2 Sake Bottles at the start of each round (unused ones carry over and stack to a maximum of 4). Sake Bottles may be used to cast Ninjutsu or Genjutsu with One-Handed Seals.
Rank 3: The user gains 3 Sake Bottles at the start of each round (unused ones carry over and stack to a maximum of 5). Sake Bottles may be used to cast Ninjutsu or Genjutsu with One-Handed Seals.

Special Action: When performing a Jutsu in this way, the user may set the Sake Bottle as a Seal rather than using it normally; the jutsu will not be cast until the Seal is triggered. Seals are considered targets during battle, and are destroyed by attacks aimed at them (they cannot dodge, and are not valid targets for enrage/redirection-type effects). They are also targetable via Called Shot: Weapon, which will dispel them with no chance of triggering it. Untriggered Seals count against the user's total Sake Bottles, and cost 1% Max Cp upon using this action and at the start of each round maintained. The user chooses one of the following which will activate the Seal;
  • The Seal will trigger when [X] is hit by an attack (X is a target of the user's choice, chosen upon casting), targeting the one who attacked them. This setting will not trigger the round it is set.
  • The Seal will trigger one or two rounds later from the time it was cast (user's choice upon casting it)', targeting a target of the user's choice (also chosen upon casting).
  • The Seal will trigger when the user no longer maintains it, targeting someone at random.
  • The Seal will trigger when someone attempts to destroy it through any method other than a Called Shot: Weapon, targeting the one who attacked it.
Note:
- A Seal's trigger may be seen by those with the Insight ability.
- May not have the same Jutsu sealed multiple times simultaneously.

Plastered Protection — Passive<i></i>
Constantly being drunk has a number of effects on the mind’s perception of pain, not the least of which is the dulling of it. Cuts and wounds mean nothing to a man whose mind is filled with booze.

Rank 1: Barrier Gen/Ninjutsu performed through Enchanted Brew have a second layer with bonus Hp equal to 1% of the user's Max CP.
Rank 2: Barrier Gen/Ninjutsu performed through Enchanted Brew have a second layer with bonus Hp equal to 1.5% of the user's Max CP.
Rank 3: Barrier Gen/Ninjutsu performed through Enchanted Brew have a second layer with bonus Hp equal to 2% of the user's Max CP.

Note:
- Even if an attack bypasses the original barrier, the attack will still target this second layer so long as the barrier is capable of blocking that type of damage. This does not allow a barrier that blocks only physical damage to suddenly block elemental or illusory damage, for example.
- Only applies to Barriers created by Ninjutsu or Genjutsu.

Instant Hangover — Passive
While fighting a Sake Sage, it is not uncommon for their opponent to get a ‘contact buzz’ just from being around them for too long. Unfortunately, the alcohol used by a Sake Sage can be so powerful that those not used to it tend to suffer horrible backlashes, including: headaches, migraines, dizziness, and nausea.

Rank 1: When a barrier Jutsu cast by the user is hit by an attack, the attacker automatically suffers illusionary damage equal to 10% of the damage blocked.
Rank 2: When a barrier Jutsu cast by the user is hit by an attack, the attacker automatically suffers illusionary damage equal to 15% of the damage blocked.
Rank 3: When a barrier Jutsu cast by the user is hit by an attack, the attacker automatically suffers illusionary damage equal to 20% of the damage blocked.

<U>Vile Shot — Non-Elemental Ninjutsu<i></i>
Knowing good sake from bad sake is one thing; knowing to keep the bad sake and use it against your opponent is another. Sake Sages may attempt to forcefully feed a bound opponent a vile shot, leading to great discomfort and even impairment. It is said that after tasting a vile shot from a Sake Sage, alcohol of that kind is forever ruined for the victim.

Rank 1: Sets a sealing tag on the target. While on the target, the victim suffers a -1 penalty to any 'check' they make. Lasts 2 rounds.
Rank 2: Sets a sealing tag on the target at +1 Accuracy. While on the target, the victim suffers a -2 penalty to any 'check' they make. Lasts 2 rounds.
Rank 3: Sets a sealing tag on the target at +2 Accuracy. While on the target, the victim suffers a -2 penalty to any 'check' they make. Lasts 3 rounds.

Cost: 1.5 AP, 300 Cp/Rnd

Notes:
- May be cast through barriers (including Plastered Protection) and prison binds. May be used on a bound target without dispelling the bind.
- A victim may attempt to remove the tag for 1 Ap; this requires a Ninjutsu check, and may only be attempted once per round. Failing this check deals 2% Max Hp damage.

Life of the Party — Dependent Special Move</I><i></i>
When you party with a Sake Sage, be ready to party hard. They will go out of their way to make sure everyone with them is having a good time, even going so far as to share the blessings of their Sacred Sake if the situation is dire enough.

Rank 1: For +20% CP, the user may apply the effects of a self-targeting Nin/Genjutsu such as a buff, barrier, chakra armor, or clone jutsu to a single ally in addition to themselves. This may only be used upon initiating the jutsu, and only every-other round, three times per battle.
Rank 2: For +20% CP, the user may apply the effects of a self-targeting Nin/Genjutsu such as a buff, barrier, chakra armor, or clone jutsu to a single ally in addition to themselves. This may only be used upon initiating the jutsu, and only once per round, three time per battle.
Rank 3: For +20% CP, the user may apply the effects of a self-targeting Nin/Genjutsu such as a buff, barrier, chakra armor, or clone jutsu to a single ally in addition to themselves. This may only be used upon initiating the jutsu, and only once per round.

Special Action: The user may spend Enchanted Brew Sake Bottles to target an additional ally per Sake Bottle spent. This increases the chakra cost by an additional +20% per Sake Bottle.

Notes:
- All costs are paid and maintained by the user, not the ally. This does not require the user to pay the cost twice, only once at a +x% penalty.
- The jutsu used with this special move does not count towards the ally's limits (such as clones, or chakra armor), but does count towards the user's limit.
- May not be used with Bl/CA/Kinjutsu, aside from Fermented Fortifications and Five-Flavor Invocation.

Liquor's Luck — Independent Special Move<i></i>
Be it chance, or be it a perfectly orchestrated act, Sake Sages seem to have particular favor with Lady Luck. Narrowly escaping a sword’s blade, or landing a punch right when they need to, a Sake Sage is sure to get the best outcome possible.

Effect: The makes 3 rolls, which are saved for later use in the following round or the round after (if still unused after that, it is lost). The user may replace any d20 roll in battle with one of these stored rolls for no cost, at which point it is spent. May be used once per round, and any unused rolls from previous rounds are discarded if recast.
  • Rank 1: When the user is told what their rolls are, they categorized as either; Unlikely (1-10) or Likely (11-20)
  • Rank 2: When the user is told what their rolls are, they are categorized as either; Unlikely (1-8), Time will tell (9-12) or Likely (13-20)
  • Rank 3: When the user is told what their rolls are, they are categorized as either; Misfortune (1-4), Don't count on it (5-8), Time will tell (9-12), Likely (13-16), Great Fortune (17-20)
Cost: 1 AP, 500 Cp

Notes:
- The user is told what results for their rolls are at the end of the round this is used. They are not given the exact number, but instead various phrases that grow more accurate depending on this jutsu's rank.

Drunken Logic — Non-Elemental Ninjutsu</I><i></i>
While in the thrall of a drunken stupor, nothing makes sense. Right is wrong, wrong is right; unless you learn to go where the flow does, it can be a very disorienting experience. Sake Sages can extend this principle to their battles by infusing the essence of their drink of choice into the air around them, causing their opponents to fight in the same drunken state they do. Of course, only a Sake Sage is prepared to fight in such an unorthodox way.

Rank 1: Creates a seal that has 5440 HP. While this seal is active, the triangle interactions of Wasted>Drunk>Sober>Wasted are reversed to Wasted>Sober>Drunk>Wasted for all participants in battle.
Rank 2: Creates a seal that has 6120 HP. While this seal is active, the triangle interactions of Wasted>Drunk>Sober>Wasted are reversed to Wasted>Sober>Drunk>Wasted for all participants in battle.
Rank 3: Creates a seal that has 6800 HP. While this seal is active, the triangle interactions of Wasted>Drunk>Sober>Wasted are reversed to Wasted>Sober>Drunk>Wasted for all participants in battle.

Costs:
Rank 1: 2.5 AP; 900 CP to initiate, 300 CP/rnd to maintain
Rank 2: 2.5 AP; 1100 CP to initiate, 550 CP/rnd to maintain
Rank 3: 2.5 AP; 1500 CP to initiate, 700 CP/rnd to maintain

Note:
- Drunken Logic is a valid target while in battle, but cannot dodge.

Fermented Fortifications Non-Elemental Ninjutsu<i></i>
When a Sake Sage has bitten off more than they can chew, having a solid defense can mean a world of difference. Created by mixing their chakra into various types of alcohol, a Sake Sage is able to call forth a wall of liquor able to defend against all assortments of incoming attacks.

Effect: Creates a barrier blocking two damage types (the user chooses which type of barrier they wish to create upon casting) used against (and by) the user. The damage blocked by this barrier increases with this jutsu's rank as follows; Rank1/Rank2/Rank3.
  • Physical: Protects against 1505/1695/1880 damage worth of Taijutsu, as well as any other attacks using Melee or Ranged Accuracy.
  • Elemental: Protects against 2000/2250/2500 damage worth of Ninjutsu, as well as any other attacks using Ninjutsu Accuracy.
  • Illusory: Protects against 600/675/750 damage worth of Genjutsu, as well as any other attacks using Genjutsu DC.
Special Action: By paying +20% Cp, this may be cast upon an enemy at -4 Ninjutsu Accuracy. Lasts a full round or until destroyed.

Costs:
Rank 1: 2.5 AP, 960 Cp. 480 Cp/Rnd
Rank 2: 2.5 AP, 1080 Cp. 540 Cp/Rnd
Rank 3: 2.5 AP, 1200 Cp. 600 Cp/Rnd

Note:
- Lasts up to three rounds.
- Any attack passing through the barrier that is not blocked by it increase the barrier's Hp by 1/4 of the attack's CP cost. This will not cause a destroyed barrier to reappear; instead, it will return after one full round (if its duration has not expired) with the amount of HP it gained since the time of its destruction (This will only occur once per cast, and does not apply to the special action).
- All barriers block their respective jutsu types, regardless of what accuracy the attack is used with. If an attack has its accuracy-type changed through any effect, it now becomes blockable by both its original accuracy type and new accuracy type. A Genjutsu cast using ninjutsu Accuracy via Shinobi 101 would be blockable by both the Illusory and Elemental barriers, for example.

Five-Flavor Invocation - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu<i></i>
This technique calls upon the very life essence of sake itself; by channeling the energy of the five main flavor profiles (Junmai-shu, Honjozo-shu, Ginjo-shu, Daiginjo-shu, and Namazake), a Sake Sage is able to imbue themselves with mystical protection for a short period of time. Attacking a Sake Sage during this time is not advised — you could find yourself on the receiving end of a world of hurt.

Rank 1: Upon initiation and lasting for up to 3 seconds, all attacks targeting the user have their damage reduced by 25% and have any effects other than damage prevented (such as bleeding). At the completion of this jutsu (or 3 seconds; whichever is longer), any who have attacked the user during this time are attacked via Ninjutsu Accuracy for damage equal to 1400 + the damage reduced from their own attack(s). Damage from this technique is always <I>Drunk, and receives no bonuses.
Rank 2: Upon initiation and lasting for up to 3 seconds, all attacks targeting the user have their damage reduced by 30% and have any effects other than damage prevented (such as bleeding). At the completion of this jutsu (or 3 seconds; whichever is longer), any who have attacked the user during this time are attacked via Ninjutsu Accuracy for damage equal to 1800 + the damage reduced from their own attack(s). Damage from this technique is always <I>Drunk, and receives no bonuses.
Rank 3: Upon initiation and lasting for up to 3 seconds, all attacks targeting the user have their damage reduced by 35% and have any effects other than damage prevented (such as bleeding). At the completion of this jutsu (or 3 seconds; whichever is longer), any who have attacked the user during this time are attacked via Ninjutsu Accuracy for damage equal to 2200 + the damage reduced from their own attack(s). Damage from this technique is always Drunk, and receives no bonuses.

Costs:
Rank 1: 3 AP, 2500 CP
Rank 2: 3 Ap, 2750 Cp
Rank 3: 3 Ap, 3000 Cp

Notes:
- May only be used once per round, and must be cast by either using Full Handseals, or Enchanted Brew.
- The user retains the ability to dodge the unreduced portion of the attack.
- If an attack would target the user at the same time this Jutsu is initiated, the attack will be affected by this jutsu as well. This jutsu's timing cannot be altered through AP increasing/reducing effects.

Rakujo Yumeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Naikishin would watch as the guy that had commented on the craftsmanship of the weapon he'd just bought just do some stuff with bones, his attention would just get caught up with doing... well, nothing at this point. Staring off into space for a moment, His attention would be caught as the guy that was being healed by the latest arrival that tried telling him to do something suggested that they heal toegther. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm healing plenty well on my own. Time's just what I need." He'd say, crossing his arms and looking towards the sky.

There wasn't much for him at the moment so he'd look back at Ko only to see her choose to return to him as he'd look around to see if there was a store open after everything went on and it seemed that the stores that were open had their doors locked and people peeking through windows to see what happened or what was going to. Man, he really wanted to check out a couple more things but it seemed that he'd have to wait until another time to do so.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You're right, I never know if an ANBU is doing their job, mostly because they usually aren't the ones doing it. So I suppose they're doing their jobs perfectly." He spoke in retort to the wounded Hiroshi before pinching the bridge of his nose and pausing for a moment. "Sorry, this is probably the last thing you need right now. It's just a bad encounter is still fresh in my mind." He apologised for his snarky remarks especially after realising they were entirely unwanted. He returned his attention to Yatamaru. "I suppose I owe you and apology as well, I think I jumped the gun on branding you an ANBU. Just the way you acted was rather familiar."

Riyota waited until Hiroshi accepted or rejected the alcohol before looking towards each of the other men present. "Well, I'm Riyota if there are to be introductions. Proud owner of a metal arm that isn't trying to kill me." He raised the prosthetic as if to display just how much it wasn't trying to kill him. "Obviously I don't know the ultimate healing powers of that drink. If they fix your arm situation then perfect. However I think I might be able to take them off whilst leaving your arms intact." He offered the injured man a tertiary solution. Knowing that his experience with tools like this and his ability to manipulate metal could assist with the delicate matter of removing the unnecessary prosthetics. "But who knows? Once you're good and drunk they might grow on you!" He shrugged with a chuckle.

He looked to Yatamaru once again and moved a step closer, his mismatched eyes focusing on the man before him. His intention wasn't aggressive nor accusatory, merely curious. "Who has such an interest in Goro's work? Frankly it seems rather sloppy, bit of an odd thing to be checking in on..." He remarked as he looked over the arms once again.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Hiroshi stared at the bottle of liquor the supposed investigator was offering him. "Sake?" he asked incredulously, smelling the potent fumes of the brew. "How the hell is sake supposed to help?" Still is disbelief as both Yatamaru and Riyota offered their help, he craned his head to look at Naikishin and Ko.

"I think they might actually have had the right idea," he silently commented to himself before accepting the bottle from Yatamaru and inspecting it further before downing every drop within. "Unfortunately for me, it's too late not to get involved."

"Alright--whoa that is something else!" Hiroshi addressed the two of them just as the effects of the chakra infused sake took hold of him. "Er, anyhow . . . I actually woke up halfway through the surgical procedure." He glared at the incapacitated Goro who was busying himself with attempting to find the perfect opportunity to escape. "My guess is that there is more missing to his designs than just aesthetics. Maybe an external power source or some kind of a switch, perhaps?"

He staggered to his feet--the effects of the Sake Sage's potion throwing his balance off just enough to make it awkward but not impossible. "As much grief this experience has caused me," he began as he scrutinized the prostheses now attached to him, "it'd be foolish to say that these arms weren't effective." He paused as he looked at his victim of Unmei's wrath--the man that had been punched through the brick wall--before sighing.

"I wouldn't mind keeping them as long as someone finishes what Goro started."

[MFT: 260]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Progress. He had succeeded in infiltrating the situation, intentions hidden. It felt like he was crawling his way through mud one-handed, inching forward bit-by-bit against battering winds, but Yatamaru was definitely getting there. He would have his way, even if he had to bend all manner of truths to get it.

”Hey man, it’s no big deal,” said Yatamaru to the suspicious Kaguya (apparently named Riyota), ”no apologies needed. Can’t say I’ve had many pleasant interactions with ANBU myself.” No hint of a lie could be detected. Either he was telling the truth, or he’d been doing this long enough to hide the obvious signs. Let them think what they want. This kinda situation is my home turf.

He turned his attention back to his specimen (apparently named Hiroshi). Thankfully, the man heeded his advice and drank the brew — indeed, it was strong, and Hiroshi seemed to be handling it fine enough. He would live, for now. Yatamaru offered his arm as Hiroshi, already in the thrall of the sake’s effects, staggered to his feet. With his specimen now in a somewhat stable condition, Yatamaru began to shift gears into tinker mode.

”Hmm, it would be a shame to not utilize such powerful add-ons,” said Yatamaru, responding to Hiroshi’s assertions that he wouldn’t mind keeping the prostheses, ”but it would be rather hard to diagnose what the issue is while they’re still attached to you. If we can remove them, I might be able to figure out what's wrong with them. We can worry about reattaching them later. I’m no expert — I dabble a bit in puppetry — but I think if we work together we might be able to get these off safely...”

Unceremoniously, Yatamaru began to inspect the mechanical arms. A poke here, a prod there. With eyes like digital cameras, he absorbed everything he could about their design. The gears in his head turned, figuratively (and literally) speaking. He could almost “see” what needed to happen; which pieces needed to be shifted; what order they needed to be manipulated in; how long, and difficult, the process would be. He’d never been able to explain this, the way in which mechanics made sense to him, but it had never stopped him from using those skills to his advantage.

His analysis complete, Yatamaru turned his head to answer Riyota. ”Sorry, but my clients are confidential. Part of the job, yanno? Hope you understand." He tried to play it cool and casual. Nothing suspicious here. Changing the subject, Yatamaru continued, "Now, lend me a hand, eh? Looks like this part, here,” he motioned towards the upper arm, near where the shoulder joint connects, ”this part, here,” this time pointing towards the elbow joint, ”and this part, here,” indicating the lower forearm, above the wrist, ”are the three coupling mechanisms bonding these things with his arms. I’d be willing to bet all three of them need to be disengaged at the same time.” It seemed they needed another pair of hands. Yatamaru brought his gaze to rest on the man with white hair (apparently named...uh...)

"Sorry, this is kind of rude, but I don't think I got your name?" He was speaking to Naikishin, though he didn't yet know that's what he was called. "I know you didn't want to get involved, but we could really use your help over here, man." He hoped the prospect of helping a man in need would be convincing enough. He really wasn't in the mood to pull more strings; not when he was so close to getting a good look at the internals of these prostheses. "I guess I shouldn't ask your name, or your help, without an introduction? I'm Yatamaru." It was a little silly, he thought, making introductions while Hiroshi kept bleeding, but the situation called for it. I guess life is just a trip, sometimes.

"So, now that we're all nice and familiar, can we help this guy?" Yatamaru was waiting for everyone to get in position. "I'd really hate for Hiroshi, here, to bleed out on us because we couldn't work together..."

Rakujo Yumeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Naikishin listened to the man as he'd asked for his name before aknowledging that he didn't want to get involved before saying that they could really use his help. "I mean, it looks like you got the muscle all taken care of. I'm pretty useless at this point." He said, looking over at the guy who used his bones to stop the escape. "I'll tell you my name the next time we meet up, alright?" He said, before turning slightly and just walking away.

[So sorry for the wait just to get a short post! ;-;]
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back