Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Fresh Fish and Sealed

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was going to the markets. There was a fish stall run by a clan that he was distantly linked to, though more specifically by a girl who was a registered Dark Sage. Though the registrations were beneficial to those registered as they could get access to the dead bodies or to things that they need to strengthen themselves. However that access also meant that the knowledge of who did what was available to himself.

Oddly it was something he thought would be of use to the ANBU, not himself. He always figured if someone were to go missing then the ANBU would know how best to deal with those individuals.

Yet walking down the busy streets of the market he was now searching for the Sude Fish Market.

He ignored the people walking around and searched for it, before finding it. It was a nice little shop, plenty of fish, and a girl running the place. He walked up to it and perused the fish which sat on an in packed ice to keep it fresh. Though in Cloud's climate it would do so for a time anyway, it would have been more a matter of getting it her in the first place.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Neliel.gif

cloud_chuunin.gif

Once again, the day was filled with nothing but work. All morning Kyoko had begun placing a new shipment of fish out on the stalls, on top of crushed ice with their back fin’s facing upward, as if they were swimming through the ice. The crushed ice was important because any other ice would take too long to melt and would discolor the skin of the fish, which was something Kyoko had to learn the hard way. All of this was to regular the products temperature so that it wouldn't rot as quickly as it normally would any other way. Her apron was covered in slim and scales from cleaning the product all morning, and her apron was also covered in blood from skinning and fileting some of the product for customers. Once again, Eizou was busy with some mission so it was her soul responsibility to take care of the shop today; figures.

Finally after a taking a break momentarily, another man walked into the building and began looking at some of the product. Without anyone else around to attend to, she approached him and immediately spoke. ”Welcome to The Sude Seafood Market! May I be of any help today? We have a wide variety of seafood caught by none other than Sude Sairasu, a former Sennin of the village!” She said, waiting for the visitors reply. She threw her fathers name around occasionally, not because he was famous or important, but since he helped serve the village on a higher level than most at one point. Love him or hate him, the position meant something at one point and could possibly help attract customers. She didn't know who this man was and although most people would know the faces of the village’s leaders, Kyoko didn't. Not because she was stupid or anything, but because she didn't care too much about being a Shinobi. She enjoyed life as a vendor more.​

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So this catch was courtesy of his cousin. He'd never thought the man would become a fisherman, however he was a large reason for how large the Sude clan had become. Even if Kushin was well aware it was some other bloodthirsty half-demon who ran the group.

Good to hear my cousin is doing well with the catch. He said as he seemingly perused the fish available. He didn't touch of course, that would be poor form, and surely they had a rule where you bought what you touched.

You are Kyoko aren't you? He asked and then pointed at a couple pieces of a white fleshed fish. He wasn't sure what type of fish it was, however he would take it home to his wife for her to place into a curry. The fish seemed to be firm of flesh and so wouldn't just melt in the stew.

If you are Kyoko I have another request in addition to these pieces of fish. I am aware that you are familiar with the workings common to the kinjutsu commonly known as the Dark Sage. In regards to this I was wondering if you would be willing to bestow a cursed seal. Of course I am unfamiliar of what customs you might have in regards to this request but I would be happy to meet them. Probably.

In the end it would depend on the request made. If she wanted anything that was. He knew of others who would give them to him freely, but he didn't want to rely completely on a single individual. Besides, it was because of him that her abilities were looked on favorably in the village. He would feel more able to force a single seal should he need to than he would to being able to force more than one. Yet everything depended on her answer as to how he continued with this request.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Blinking for a minute, she realized the man just called her father his cousin. Tilting her head a bit, she thought to herself and realized the clan wasn't their only realities, there were the distant ones who were apart of the people’s families who married into the clan. However, what caught her attention more was more so that fact that he mentioned he wanted not only some fish, but a cursed seal. She blinked some more, without making a sound but not in an overly flirtatious way, but more so in a shocked way. ”When I was taught my abilities, I learned that I couldn't just use them without thinking of the outcomes of my actions.” She told him, before leaning over and glancing at the fish he was looking at. ”By the way, that is whiting and it comes from the northern sea if you’re interested in knowing. Sorry it's not labeled, I've been busy with everything lately.” She was simply giving some small talk at this moment.

Small talk was her way of taking her time to think before she gave him an answer; otherwise, she was beating around the bush a bit. ”Dad’s been very successful and recently he’s purchased three additional boats to roam the eastern and southern seas as well. Oh, we also have some large king crab and lobsters that are on sell currently for twenty percent off, if you’re interested. Most of them weight about twenty two pounds and they're still alive and kicking!” She mentioned, just to throw that little bit of information in there.

Pulling off her gloves, she pulled her hair back with one hand, and pulled a band out from around her wrist with the other, only to tie her hair back and turn around toward the counter. ”Also, I’d have a look around the shop a bit more if I were you. If you want one from me, you’ll have to purchase a minimum of a thousand pounds of product from the store and subscribe to our markets membership, which comes with a small monthly fee. The membership gets you ten perfect off on all future purchases, so it’s worth it if you ever come back for another one. I know, it’s kind of outrageous, but I can’t just have someone come in here and ask for something like that without it being beneficial to the business. Though, I also have to ask that you agree never to use it hurt the village.” One thousand pounds of seafood, who could imagine having to drag all that home by themselves. He wanted a little bit to feed his wife but now, he was gonna have to lug around all that fish. Most of it would probably spoil before he got home and stored it, but there were always the lobsters and crabs he could buy; they were alive after all. Either way, this was a business and well, money talks. If he didn't mention he was somehow related, he would have had to purchase almost five times as much as what she was requesting.​

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was interesting. His family hadn't been overly close with his father side, breaking away from the Sude Clan. Sairasu had always been someone of interest, yet because of the distance and not being part of the clan Kushin had never had much to do with him. She talked about things in general and Kushin payed attention to what she said. He was a good listener, but when she said a thousand pounds he frowned a little.

A thousand pounds.

That was a tad... excessive.

He wasn't sure if everything in the shop would add up to that much. In which case almost the entire catch would go to waste, and anyone else who wanted to buy fish from here would be unable to do so. Subscribing wasn't a bad idea, but that kind of amount was over the top. In addition he had to promise not to use it to harm the village.

That quantity is a bit ridiculous. Perhaps if we lowered it to a hundred pounds and joining the membership. That way I can physically carry the quantity and I can give the excess away to my neighbors without wasting too much. I wont harm the village, I am the medical sennin. My actions to date have save hundreds if not thousands of shinobi, and I plan to continue increasing that number. He had a level gaze, his frown was one of thought and really just thinking he was in a way being conned.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She knew he wouldn't be too keen on purchasing the much product, but it didn't matter to her. That was her price and she had already been more than gracious with her price. Leaning against the front desk and folding her arms, she giggled a little bit. ”If you hadn't mentioned you were related to my father, then I would have requested you purchased at least five times as much product in exchange. So, as you can see I've been a bit withheld on my end and i'm not really willing to go any lower of my price. Artificial power like this can do many things and there's always a chance someone can lose control and hurt someone, so it's a liability towards the safety of the village and your fellow shinobi. Really, some people even mutate with this power and become even more likely to lose control. So, as you can see my asking price is high for a reason.” Kyoko was serious, he had to purchase what she wanted him too or it was a no go. It was excessive, but that was the deal. ”Although, if you need help carrying it home I might suggest a clone type Ninjutsu. Also, I can create mineral based corpses from the earth to aid you. All that needs to be done is to properly package the product. Oh and to help keep it from rotting I can skin and filet the fish, place them in some plastic bags and vacuum seal them for no extra cost. You could then just throw them into the freezer and it’ll keep them good and preserved for a couple of months. So that eliminates some of your concerns.” She said, waiting for his final reply.

She had it all planned out in case something like this were to ever eventually happen. It was a quick way for her to make a profit and if this man took the offer, he might be able to gain some favoritism from whoever he wanted. Nothing brought people together like an old fashioned fish fry. Hell, this seafood market made its own tartar sauce as well so if he really wanted, it could be a great opportunity to feed his friends, family, and followers. "“We’ve got about four hundred pounds of king crap, two hundred and some odd pounds of lobsters, peppers, spices, sauces, and also homemade seafood salad with and without onions, peas, or carrots and pretty much any type of fish you can name in the northern sea. So there’s a wide variety, even the building behind us is full of product that we have to get rid of within the next ten days or preserve with the same method I mentioned and sadly, we just don't have the extra space to do so.” She was still trying to pitch her product to him. It was a priority.​

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I doubt you have five thousand pounds of fish here. The numbers you gave me barely add to one thousand. He said, Cloud wasn't a large enough village to warrant that kind of produce. Not only which but transporting all that here would be a huge cost in itself. If the cost is what it is because you're worried about control then perhaps I should explain the situation a bit better.

He took off his coat and found a spot where it would get too dirty before placing it down.

Rolling up a sleeve he began describing the situation You see I am what is known commonly as an Abomination. If you are unaware as to what this means then let me demonstrate. I can take cursed seals and control them completely. He finished rolling up his sleeve and then suddenly his blood began bubbling from his veins to the surface. The blood moved and solidified creating something which could be used for bludgeoning should someone want to hit someone over the head with it.

The difference was something he hoped that she would be aware of. The chakra being used in its formation came directly from a Hell Seal, the energies could only be from one which had been taken to the final stage, yet there would be no flicker of any control lost. Nothing at all.

His voice had changed ever so slightly, the effect of the evil chakra in his system having a small but meaningless effect I trust you can see what this is. I can activate my cursed seal in its final stage indefinitely should I choose with no ill effects to myself or those around me. I am completely in control.

The blood boiled and slowly sunk back beneath the skin, his hand flexing its fingers before he lowered the sleeve once more. Some people passing had noticed and some had stared in confusion. Others were used to the strange goings on within the village of Cloud and ignored, or were shinobi themselves and continued with their business but keeping watch in case they needed to act.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
"Five thousand pound of fish? No, but if you've been paying attention I've been saying product and normally the five thousand pounds of product wouldn't be in a single purchase; more so over the course of several visits. If you count the contents of this stall, some of the side dishes, sushi, crabs, lobsters, scallops, oysters, muscles, frozen shrimp, the frozen packaged fish in storage, all of which is in the freezers, and the fish out on display, we have over thirteen hundred pounds from this mornings shipment alone. We actually have three cod's from this haul that weighed over a hundred and fifty pounds. That on top of the living produce we have, we've got enough currently to sell you what I've requested, and then be able to sell to the rest to the community." She closed her eyes at this point, only to watch him demonstrate his unique ability, which wasn't really interesting to her. Yes, he could control it currently, but what she was talking about was how in times of desperation, when the users will was low, the cursed seal taking effect. Suddenly, moon shaped seals began to extend down from her shoulder and extend not only down to her hand, but across her neck and face. The power of the seal then took hold of her body, her skinned darkened, and a dark aura began to shroud her entire body. Once more, she began to speak with a strange tone as if something demonic were speaking in total unison with her. ”Anyone can demonstrate control over a cursed seal, regardless of its level and strength. What I’m speaking about is something I call an enraged effect; it takes hold when the persons will is weakened, when their emotions lose control, or whenever the power manages to overwhelm them. Chances of the enraged effect kicking in during a demonstration are rather low, by the way.”<i></i> Suddenly, the seal began to disperse and she began to return to normal. The only different in between her transformation and his was more so the fact that it didn't seem to take a toll on him like it did her; she was breathing a little harder and experience a slight pain. She did take note on that, leaving her to believe maybe he wasn't just stretching the truth, but she didn't want to take the chance.

”So you’re one of those mutants then. While you do seem to be able to manipulate your cursed seal to your will, I can't blindly trust it. Maybe I don't know the full extent or the exact knowledge of your ability, but it's just how things are and I was raised never to take everyone's word, especially if I didn't know them very well to begin with. I only know what I've been told by someone I trust more and so far, haven't experienced anything else. When I was learning my abilities, my father told stories about people who he called mutant cursed seal users. He explained that so long as the person kept their reason and controlled their cursed will, they would never enter an enraged state. But, many of those stories about them, with time, became driven insane by the power of the seals. Until I've seen or experienced otherwise, I just can't trust it. It's just a moral standpoint.” With that, she was pretty much done talking. ”But, if needed, I will make you a second offer. Forget the membership, pay for a thousand pounds of product, take what you want so long as it doesn't exceed what you pay, and be on your way. Take the second offer, and I'll only ask for half of what i'm asking now if you come back a second one at a later date. It's either one or the other. I've got a few dozen pounds of fish to filet and package since my brothers busy, so my times running low.” Yes, if he just paid her and took only what he wanted, there might be room for even more profit. Maybe she was thinking too much into it and being a bit greedy, but that’s how it was when it came to the shop. Raiu’s taxes were annoying and this would help out greatly.

[MFT]
[WC: 600+]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He hadn't heard the word Mutant in regards to abominations before, but he supposed with a family with several dark sages amongst them it would seem normal to come up with their own name for what they see. Especially if they were uneducated about what they had been named amongst the general populace.

He nodded to her and turned Fair enough. Well good day. He headed off. The amount that she was requesting was a tad over the top, and he figured that there were other shinobi who would be better to deal with. Despite that he could understand her hesitation in regards to this, especially as she would have been surrounded by the savages in the Sude clan. It wouldn't surprise him if the things she said happened had happened.

The money wasn't the issue. The issue for Kushin was the precedent that it would set. Although he was well off due to his own money, position and his wife's clans money, he wasn't one to simply waste it on something which he could attain without spending it. It did however give him notes to make. The access to the corpses at the hospital were made available to anyone who passed the requirements. In this case he would have to place notes and restrict that access. She would need to have a meeting with him to regain that access.

In Kushin's mind this was only fair.

[topic left]

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Kyoko wasn't that phased at not making a sell, but he was asking for artificial power that she just didn't feel like giving away at such a low cost. Oh well, she had other things to do. Watching him leave, she continued on about her daily business. Going toward the back, she ordered someone else to watch the stand and then went into the freezer. She was gonna grab some fish to clean, scale, fillet, and vacuum pack so they’d last longer than they normally would. “I can’t believe he expected to buy a cursed seal for what an average citizen could afford. If that were the case, then I’d hand them out to just about everyone. Oh well.” She thought to herself. As she continued to work here at the market, she wondered what he brother was up to. “Eizou, why do you always seem to disappear when you’re needed here at the shop? I know you’re out on a mission, but why is your timing always so perfect?” She asked to herself, without ever thinking of the answer.

Though there was something bothering her about the decision she made earlier. The man she denied to give a cursed seal because he was too cheap was a sennin, and he was also somehow family, but what power did he really hold? Was he that stupid to think that he could convince someone who obviously knew more about cursed seals than him. That question would probably remain unanswered, but what would the drawbacks of her decision be? Probably nothing.

[Wc: 250+ marked for training]
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back