Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Gen outta Ten [Open]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rinko looked out at the grimy streets, a befuddled look on her face. "What the..." She lifted her hand to her head, and felt her familiar green hat instead of the headscarf she'd been forced to wear upon entering the cloister. Looking down, the burlap tunic was replaced by her favorite blouse and skirt. "But...I...how?" The last she remembered, the tanuki girl was deep undercover in the Magdalene Order, seeking out a fellow kunoichi who had gone missing. Yet here she stood in the crowded streets of the Susukino District. "Crap...the Magdalene arc must not be finished in the manga.........I'm in filler territory now." She shuddered at the realization, but quickly recovered. "Hmm...question is, will this be a whole arc of filler? Or just a few episodes..."

Rinko began walking the streets, observing her environment to get a better idea of what the day had in store for her. It seemed she'd been tossed into the shadier areas of the district, if the grubby street vendors and occasional hookers were anything to go by. Shit! I hope this isn't actually a hentai spin-off. I'm a real kid! Not some thousand-year-old loli that only looks like a thirteen-year-old. Rinko distanced herself from the sleazy individuals and instead turned her attention to the merchants. There were odd objects, ranging from black market goods to unknown doodads that some people seemed embarrassed buying.

However, as Rinko neared the end of the seedy area, a certain table caught her eye. A middle-aged man sat with three cups and a ball. The tanuki girl frowned. "Ugh. That old trick? Pops taught me that years ago." She watched as a drunken woman stumbled by and placed a bet at the table. As expected, the 'magician' placed the ball under a cup and began shifting them around. Rinko's eyes honed in, analyzing all movement on the table. She smirked as she watched the man flick the ball into the left sleeve of his kimono. The female pointed at the middle cup, and Rinko shook her head. Sucks to be her. I wonder if she'll go another round? The inebriated lady continued placing bets, guessing a cup, and stomping her foot in frustration. Eventually she waddled off, leaving the con-artist a much richer man. Rinko wondered if she could get a cut of that cash, and decided to give it a try.

First, Rinko ducked into a nearby alley. Finding a musty trash can, she hid behind it and transformed. There was no way anyone would allow a child to play, especially if they knew she was a kunoichi-in-training. She stepped out of the alleyway a much older individual, appearing at least in her twenties. She twirled a lit pipe in her hand, and despite never taking a puff, aromatic smoke billowed around her. Gone were her ears and tail, and her green hat took the shape of a leafy hairpin. Rinko approached the table and pulled her scarf down from her mouth to display a small smirk. "Might I give it a shot?" The man huffed and motioned to a spot on the table. "As long as ya got the yen, sweet-thing." She placed a bill on the table and nodded. The man began shuffling the cups around, and Rinko pulled back at her vision. Like Papa always says, the key to insight is taking in as much of the picture as possible. Her unfocused eyes caught the tilt of the cup, and she caught a glimpse of the small ball slipping into his left sleeve as expected. As the man motioned to the now unmoving cups, Rinko leaned forward and tugged at her scarf yet again. Her voice was but a whisper. "That's cute. Now how much are you going to pay me to not call you out as a cheat for slipping the ball into your left sleeve?" The man glowered at this new challenge. "Listen toots, do ya really think anyone is gonna listen or care if ya call me out? You're just some little slut who thinks she's so clever. Well the joke's on you, bitch. People are watchin' and waitin' for ya to pick a cup, and unfortunately for you, they're all empty. Now take your loss and get outta here."

Rinko straightened and looked around. The man was right, a few people had watched her make the bet and were gathering around when they saw her conversing with the con-man. She adjusted her glasses and eyed the small crowd. She returned her gaze to the man and held up three fingers. "How about we triple my bet?" The man cocked an eyebrow, but guffawed all the same. "Sure lady." He leaned his right elbow on the table and lowered his chin into his hand. "But don't come cryin' to me when ya lose all your savings." Rinko turned to the crowd and shrugged her shoulders. "My, how confident. What do all of you think? Am I Lady Luck incarnate?" As the small mob of spectators called out their answers, the transformed tanuki made eye contact with each individual in the audience. Her eyes glistened with each gaze she met. Turning back to the cups, she gave the man behind the desk a wink and pointed at the middle cup. He lifted it with a smirk, only for the cup to clatter to the ground moments later. There, on the table, was the ball. The con-artist sputtered as he stared at it and the crowd burst into a cheer. Rinko held out her hand to the man and motioned to her palm. "I believe that's triple the winnings?" The disgruntled man paid up, and Rinko slipped the money into a pocket in her sleeve.

Leaving the gambling station behind, Rinko smirked behind her scarf. Who needs sleight of hand when you can just force people's minds to see what you want? The tanuki stopped at a wall and leaned against it. As she pulled out her new earnings, she couldn't shake the fear that another shinobi had seen her abuse of power and would call her out on it at any moment. "Pfft. How unlikely is that? What is this, a filler episode? ........Shit."

Michinori Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato was wondering the streets before something seemed to of called him into the alley. After adjusting his jacket he started to make his way fown the dark, narrow alley. Passing broken windows and some people even just sleeping in the streets he comes across this woman and this man seeming to be gambling. Always interested to see some interaction Kato sinks into the dark shadows hiding from normal eyes as he observes.

After a little bit he notices that more people seemed to have come and gather around the two. Some people were laughing when they heard that she wants to triple hee bet but, Kato seeing the determined and calm look on her face he just smiled slightly to himself while watching. Kato gets a slight chill up his spine as the women answers. "Chakra? that was weird...maybe there is more then I see to this girl"

After she gets her winnings most of the crowd disperses except a few stragglers that just go back into the shadows watching. The con artist still in shoke after lossing seems to be checking his cups and sleeves trying to figure out what happen for a second. Kato grabs his Madoka and sits still waiting to make sure there isn't a fight about to break out. "While I do think the woman can protect herself I still think I should at least be careful and safe, dont know if anyone might try to steal the money." With that he takes a deep breath and watches waiting to jump out when he needs to, his presence only slightly covered.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Whew." Rinko visibly relaxed as she was left to her own devices. She eyed her new gains and smirked. "Hmm...should I look around here, or check out the Dawnbringer Plaza." As she pondered this question, she felt a shiver start in her lower spine. The feeling surged upward and somehow found its way to her nose. "Ah...aaaaaaah..." She froze, her mouth agape as Rinko tried to subdue the tickling in her nostrils. "ACHOO!!!"

Rinko's womanly figure burst into a cloud of smoke. When it cleared, a tiny raccoon girl remained. As she recovered from her sneeze, the gambling man pointed at her and shouted. "Hey!!! You're one of them nin-ja brats! Give me back my money ya little monster!" Rinko's tail fur stood on end as she stuffed the money in her pouch and bolted. She made a sharp turn around a corner, only to face-plant into something solid. She fell to the ground, and nervously looked up at the green-eyed guy she rammed. "S-sorry!" She tried crawling around him, only to be lifted off the ground by her tail. "YOW!" She turned back to see the con artist glowering down at her. "Watch it ya old fart! How would you like it if I lifted you by the...EEEEK!!!!" Before Rinko could finish, the man was rummaging through her pockets, trying to fish out her ill-earned yen. "Let go! Ew! Gross! Don't touch me!" The tanuki girl looked to the brunette, her eyes begging him to intervene.

Michinori Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato blinks a few times as he sees this older women puff up into smoke and become this racoon girl. "Oh...that is not something you see everyday.." After seeing this he hears the con artist yell to hear seeing in anger. Kato decides not to intervene right away as he watches the girl trying to see if she has any other tricks up her sleeve.

When the man catches her Kato looks at the girl seeing the pleading eyes and sighs slightly before walking out and grabbing the man's hand. "Why don't you let her go, you are not one to speak of tricks." While saying this he slowly pulls the girl behind him while still looking into the man's eyes, as it seems the man is about to talk he is suddenly taken back with fear as from what the girl and con artist can see, a red, black, and giant Ganges creature towers over them emanating from Kato.
77f18c375d9a35451fbac851ec089dc9.jpg

The man taken back by this starts to inch slowly back before booking it the minute he can while Kato turns and faces the girl his eyes glowing red. "Are you ok? also why are you here in the first place?" Kato asks gently as the being dissipates and his eyes slowly go back to normal. He smiles gently at her, completely opposite of the aura and creature he was just moments ago emitting. Madoka, his weapon, is wrapped around his shoulder like a chain strap.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rinko slid behind the boy and glared at the old man. Ha-ha! Serves you right you magpie! Can't get me now...Raiden's Fundoshi! The girl stepped back as a black mass formed in front of her. She blinked and rubbed her eyes, trying to discern if this fearful entity was an illusion, or a physical manifestation of something. She didn't have enough time to find her answer before the creature disappeared and the old bully ran into the crowd. Rinko flushed at the oddly gentle gaze of her quote-on-quote savior, and took a moment to look at her feet. Is this some kind of mental hot/cold play? Regardless, this dude's gotta be a shinobi too,right? Or maybe a youkai?

Taking in a breath to call her still pounding heart, Rinko decided to lie through her teeth. "I'm fine, thanks. As for why I'm here, I'm the Defender of Justice, Tanuki Rinko. This area is known for being pretty scummy, so I thought I'd clean up the streets. You know...by scamming money out of a scammer." She decided to leave out the part where she planned to keep the money for herself. Since this guy was a good foot taller than her, Rinko had to strain her neck to meet his gaze, so he took another step back. "But more importantly, who are you? It only seems fair that I treat you to something since you helped me out." She dug into her pouch and pulled out some of the money. "Want me to buy you a dirty magazine? I mean, why else would you be here?" She looked up at him and tilted her head questioningly.

Michinori Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato smiles gently at her while kinda stooping down a bit."Awe that was cute she's blushing. I haven't seen anyone like her around," He thinks to himself before looking at her. "It is nice to meet you Rinko, I am Michinori Kato I'm a student at the academy." He kinda moves a bit to the side and scoots a bit down so she's not straining as much. "You don't need to treat me to anything glad I could help. Though I am interested into what kind of jutsu that was to change yourself that much." Kato looks around the alley as if making sure no one else is here.

He looks at her kinda surprised when she mentioned the magazine and shakes his head. "Ah n-no nothing like that you don't need to repay me it's alright." He looks at her also as if assessing wither or not to tell her why he was truly here. "Well, to be fully honest I'm here because, I am trying to improve on my own skills and with a shady area like this alley way I may be able to find some tough opponents to try my new ninjutsus on. I also felt a bit of chakra coming from this way so wanted to see what was going on." Kato kind of zones out for a second before coming back to reality "Any ways Rinko are you from the academy too? I haven't seen you before and you are definitely someone I would remember."

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rinko crossed her arms and nodded her head as Kato introduced himself. She let the name float around in her head, but couldn't seem to match it to any person she knew. A minute after, his words fully sunk in and she staggered back. "Academy student?!?! B-but you're a giant! I mean... I guess I haven't had my growth spurt yet....but still!" She eyed the boy up and down as he finished explaining why he was walking the alleys of the Susukino District. Having noticed Kato checking for any suspicious people watching, Rinko pointed up. "Why don't we take a break from these grimy streets." She pushed chakra to her feet and hands before shimmying up the wall. She still wasn't great at walking up the walls naturally and much preferred climbing up like a cartoon spider-person. Once she was on the roof of the building, she tossed down a rope in case her new acquaintance needed it. She didn't want to insult him by asking if he needed help or not. If he needed it, he could use the rope. If not, he could make his way on the roof himself.

Once Kato had joined her, Rinko sat at the edge of the roof and patted the spot next to her. "Much better, am I right? It was getting pretty stifling down below." She took in a large breath, only to cough when the chilly air tickled her nose. Once she recovered, Rinko finally answered Kato's question. "Yeah, I'm from the academy too. You probably haven't seen me because I don't go to class very often. Papa always says that time is money, and I can't make any money taking classes about throwing knives and punching dummies." She paused for a moment. "I mean, I guess I could make a few yen in the coliseum, but the fighters there are way outta my league." She muttered quietly to herself. "Probably always will be too." The Tanuki shrugged and gave Kato a smile. "Anyway, Papa gave me his old textbooks, so I spent a good month homeschooling myself." She formed a ball of water in her hand and tossed it into the street. An intoxicated man below was drenched in seconds and began berating a nearby hooker. Guilt caused Rinko's brows to furrow. "Oops." She returned her attention to Kato. "I'm good at most of the elemental ninjutsu and that transformation jutsu you saw." She flashed him a cocky smirk before looking away. "I'm not much good at anything else really."

After a moment, she finally turned back to Kato and pointed at him. "What about you Kato-kun? I mean, that big black thing you did earlier was pretty impressive. Was that the new jutsu you were wanting to try out?"

[WC: 461]
[MFT]

Michinori Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato smiles at her and laughs a little. "Yeah i get that a lot, think i am not growing much bigger." Kato smiles a bit before he watches her go up the wall to the roof. "Wow which i could control my chakra like that." He thinks to himself a little dazed beofre he comes back to reality and gulps. Kato starts to channal chakra to his feet and runs to the wall climbing as far as he can before he gets about 2 fett from the top before he starts to fall. "Oh no!!" Kato quickly unwraps Madoka and swings it over to the wall sticking it into thw wall giving him just enough time to grab the rope and swing to the top. He lands and wraps Madoka back up before looking at Rinko a little flushed. "T-thanks Rinko-san i am not very good at that type of chakra control." He smiles sheepishly at her.

Kato sits next to her and sigh relaxed before turning to her and listening intently to her. "Wow out of your league? you must be a great fighter if you ever want to spar let me know." He smiles to her before continuing to listen as she goes through her schooling. "Homeschooling? wow that pretty cool don't see a lot of people doing that anymore." As she explains her jutsus and more he looks at her before speaking. "Elemental and transformation that's really cool Rinko-san but, that is not all you can do. You are also very good at making others happy." He smiles to her before trying to stifle a laugh as the water hits the man. "Might need to pay more attention to your surroundings though," he smiles at her.

Kato seems to be confused as she mentions the big black creature. "What are you talking about Rinko-san? i was just trying to make sure i got you away from the man." He seems distant for a second as he tries to think about what jutsus he knows the most. "Well, i mostly use ninjustsus mostly fire and Water but, i do have some of the other elements. Though i am getting better at using shadows." Kato does some hand seals real quick before he opens his palm and the shadows stretch across it to make a flat stick-man before it disappears.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rinko gave Kato a pitying smile when he claimed she made people happy. You poor, poor boy. He hasn't been around the Tanuki family before, has he... She listened to his description of his powers and bit her lower lip. How in Raiden's name does he not know about that shadow creature? Is his shadow jutsu still untrained? I remember when my lightning jutsu used to randomly zap me whenever I touched metal. Maybe this is the same? Feeling determined to repay Kato's assistance, especially since he didn't accept payment in the form of her precious loot, Rinko rose from her seat and pumped a fist. "Alright! You came here to train, so let's train!" She began stroking her chin as she pondered how she could use Kato's jutsu to make money while they practiced. A moment later she lowered her fist into her palm. "I got it! Let's do a shadow puppet show! You can use your chakra to make the shadows move and I'll just make up a story or jokes on the fly. Improv is a Tanuki family specialty!" She pointed her finger towards the cleaner side of the district. "Let's move a bit out of the sleazy area. Far enough out to maybe lure in some kids, but close enough that we can catch some of the drunkard." Rinko grabbed the rope and slid down to the streets below. She waited for Kato before skipping towards the destination she pointed to earlier.

Once they arrived, Rinko plucked the leaf pin from her hair and with a wave of her hand, transformed it into a green tophat. Placing it back on her head, she called out to the streets. "Come one, come all! See the shadow puppet show of a century! You'll laugh! You'll cry! You'll wonder how a man can make those shapes with just the human body! If you like it, consider supporting us on Paturion!" She lifted the tophat and plopped it onto the ground. "And by that, I mean toss money into the hat!" Rinko slid over to Kato and slightly rubbed her elbow into his side. Her words came out in a graveled whisper. "You're up kid. Just try to make it sorta look like you're making this stuff with your body, not chakra, and they'll eat it up."

Michinori Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato nods and slides down the rope after her while he listens to her speak. "Rinko-san, i really hope you have this improv down." Kato says as they walk not wanting to cause a big fight. Once they get to the area for the show Kato listens to Rinko's instructions nodding before sitting down behind her and quickly making a small fire to have a light source while waiting for the first people to show up. While sitting he meditates for a bit while slowly building his chakra. 'Puppet show? interesting idea could be fun and not too bad we are providing entertainment." Kato thinks to himself while they wait.

once the first person comes, a small little girl with pig tails, he moves his hands to make the illusion while he creates a shadow princess waving at her. The little girl smiles before putting some yen into the hate not a lot but, it is still payment. Kato smiles at the little girl before he creates a dragon shadow and a young knight shadow as well next to the princess. "Here we go," Kato thinks as he moves his figures along with Rinko's story. The shadows weaving almost effortlessly for him as he creates the show. The little girl smiles and laughs while also becoming mesmerized with the show, this seeming to draw a crowd as others start to come closer and watches some throwing in money others just watching.

The shadows finish the firs story before changing into the next Kato following Rinko best he can. After a few of the performances the shadows starts to slow a bit. Kato hearing this in his head "Kill...fresh kills that is all this is Kato fight...take their lives."The shadows seem to struggle to as some of them turn red for a second and get angry. Kato's eyes flash red before he closes them taking a deep breath as he looks over at Rinko smiling to let her know he is alright. The shadows go back to normal as he quickly tries to get back into Rinko's story.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rinko spun in a circle and began flailing her arms about as she began her story. "Long ago, in a distant land, there lived a princess of beauty and elegance. At birth she was blessed with the grace of a bird, and all in the land knew of her wondrous dancing." Rinko glanced to Kato to make sure he was keeping up, and smiled as he caused the shadow princess to spin left and right. "However, it was not just humans who thought of her dancing as a treasure to the kingdom. A sinister beast wished to add the princess to his collection of riches. The creature invaded the home of the princess and demanded she become its' pet." Rinko paused to let the gravity of the demand sink in, as well as to see how Kato had interpreted the beast. A small drop of sweat slipped down the side of her face as she raced to come up with a name and voice. "The princess stood her ground, but spoke with a shake in her voice. 'Foul beast, who are you to think yourself so important to remove me from my people?' The monster gave a boisterous laugh. 'I am Dragoon, the winged lizard of the West! No one is stronger than I, thus everything belongs to me!' A man clad in metal armor stepped forward, and challenged Dragoon to a fight for his liege and secret lover." A few women in the crowd lightly squealed at the mention of love, and Rinko grinned. Oh yeah, the ladies eat that up. "A battle ensued." The tanuki girl let Kato's shadows show the fight scene. A couple audience members tossed some yen in the hat as they marveled at the performance. Rinko herself was lost in his puppetry, and almost forgot to finish the story after the fight had concluded. "Ah, and with the mighty Dragoon slain, the knight kneeled before the princess and confessed his love. With joyful tears in her eyes, the princess accepted his love, and offered her own. And they lived happily ever after."

Rinko took a bow and saw another batch of coins fly into the hat. "But we're not done folks! How about another tale? Maybe the origins of Raiden? It's a real thriller, so stick around! But first, how about we learn why there's a rabbit on the moon?" After telling a few more stories, Rinko finally began the epic tale of Raiden's ascent to godhood. During the final act, a flash of red caught her attention, and she looked back at the figure of Raiden. She shirked back at the red hue of the shadow as it almost seemed to reach out for her. She glanced to Kato, who seemed to wave off her worry and urged her to finish the legend. Rinko spoke faster, and cut a few bits out of the tale in order to finish sooner. "And there you have it folks! Pretty impressive stuff, right? Thank you for your time and hope to see you again!" She gave a bow and waved until the audience dispersed.

Picking up the hat, she motioned for Kato to follow her to a nearby shogi parlor. "That was pretty awesome. Let's take a break in here. My Pops co-owns this place, so we can chill in the back. Just don't breathe in too much on our way to the back, the parlor is usually filled to the brim with smoke." Rinko slipped into the building and waved at the man behind the bar. "Hey Tatsuki, it's me. Don't mind us, just going to use the break room to relax for a few." The thin man nodded and shooed the younglings towards the back. Once they were in the room, Rinko closed the door and took a seat at a circular table. She dumped the contents of the hat onto the table and whistled. "Woah! This is a good haul! This worked way better than my kissing booth." She pouted at Kato. "Would you believe that NO ONE wanted to kiss a bunch of hot people on the Day of Devotion? Like, single people complain all the time about how horrible the day is, so wouldn't they jump at the chance to get some action?" Realizing her ears were twitching angrily, she held them down with her hands and coughed. "I mean... I'm not bitter that I lost a chunk of cash that day."

Once her ears were calm, Rinko placed her elbows on the table and propped her chin up with her palms. "But, um... do you want to tell me why your shadow went all funny earlier?" She pouted her lower lip out a bit. "And don't tell me you didn't notice anything, because red shadows are NOT normal." She tilted her head to the side. "Do you have youkai ancestry or something? I once heard that the grandkid of a kage onna had shadow problems. Or is it a shadow clan thing? Like, are you going through shadow puberty?" She glanced down at the pile of money, then looked back at Kato with a devilish grin. "If you aren't sure what's going on, for a finder's fee, I could help you investigate." She motioned to the yen on the table.

[WC: 880]
[MFT]

Michinori Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato follows almost tripping occasionally. He keeps his hand on his hand as he follows getting dizzy. "Why Kato why resist?" Kato shakes his head trying to get the voice gone before he is brought into the private room with Rinko. He sighs as he gets to sit and he looks around.

Being a bit surprised that Rinko just knows someone here so well she's allowed to just have this area. "So this is her Pop's? wow that's pretty...wait did she just say kissing booth?"<i></i> Kato looks at her a little confused before hearing the rest and nodding. "I mean I guess it makes sense that they would buy, think about it like this what if it's their first kiss." He looks at her, "What if it was your first kiss? you wouldn't want it to be with someone you just played right? you would want it with someone special."

He looks embarrassed about the shadow think and sighs looking down."Yeah, I'm sorry about that." Kato rubs the back of his head gently and looks embarrassed and seemingly nervous. "From my past I can't remember much and well I have this demon named Basara in here with me." Kato taps his head before continuing. "He likes to cause mischief and chaos but, usually he stays quiet. Whenever I feel too intense about an emotion or something he seems to try to take over, at that point I have no control and don't remember anything that happened during that time." Kato sighs as he looks at her. "Only reason I even know that happens is cause he told me, yet he still can subtly alter my chakra sometimes...OH!" Kato says out suddenly, "That creature you saw come from me was probably his doing."

Kato smiles apologetically at Rinko before saying "Sorry about that." Kato then looks around before back at Rinko. "What is this place for anyways?"

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rinko averted her gaze when Kato brought up special kisses. N-no way. Kissing is just touching lips together. It doesn't mean anything. It only means something if you make it mean something... She kept these thoughts to herself, not wanting to keep the topic on something so embarrassing. Instead, she focused on the boy's explanation for his shadow woes as she began divvying up the money. Her ears flattened as she let the details sink in. "Demons...demons are different from youkai. Sure, we may have similarities, and some youkai can act a lot like demons, but..." In a puff of smoke, the tophat on the table returned to its former shape and Rinko slipped the pin back into her hair. "Most youkai just like to prank people." She had a hard time meeting Kato's eyes. "Just...be careful. I don't know if you've been taught about it, but my Gramps told me all about demons, as well as the Demon Wars. They're evil creatures that only ever think of themselves. The only good demon is a sealed demon." Mustering her courage, Rinko finally let her eyes rest on the boy across from her. "If...if you need help with it, tell me. Despite their nastiness, Pops deals with demons from time to time, so he might know what to do."

Exhaling a breath she didn't realize she was holding, Rinko shifted over to his last question. "This place? It's a shogi parlor. Old men come here to drink, eat, smoke, and play shogi. Sometimes there's gambling too, that was my dad's contribution." Rinko played with the hundred yen coin stack in front of her. "You get paid peanuts as a shinobi, so my family does a lot of investing and running side business. Pops and Gramps are really good at it. As for me...hehe..." Rinko dejectedly chuckled. "My ventures haven't been very profitable so far." She smiled weakly. "Though today wasn't so bad thanks to you." Rinko lightly clapped her cheeks with her palms and let out a puff of air. "Whew. Sorry about that. My pride's still a bit sore." Shoveling her share of the loot into her pouch, which of course included a bigger cut, Rinko tilted her head questioningly at Kato. "So what next? My brain's kinda drained, so if you want to get up to any more shenanigans, you'll have to be the idea guy this time."

Michinori Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato looks at Rinko before smiling a little."Yeah I will let you know if I ever need help." Kato smiles again before he gets up and stretches. "I'm glad I could help you make a profit." Kato smiles to her before he thinks for a second.

"What other things have you tried already Rinko?" Kato asks as he starts thinking to himself. "She does seem to really need money maybe..." He zones out for a second while thinking. After listening to Rinko he sits and trys to think before he goes to his pocket and feels some of his yen.

"Well how about this." He smiles to her and puts his yen on the table. "You seem to of thought I was quite older and I have been known to be very good at cards, we could either go play some poker and see if maybe we can get some more money or.." Kato puts another bag of his personal money on the table. "We call it for now and we go grab some ramen and other good food, I will pay so don't worry about that." Kato sits back and puts his hands out. "Your choice Rinko-san."

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In the shadows of one of the most despicable lands of Kumo a skilled thief was on the run. He was a menace to the people of the Susukino district, cheating and staging robberies of family business and retreating to the shadows. A single rouge shinobi who excelled at, hit and runs, with superb escape tactics. His motive, unknown, but the thief would hold an extensive list of places already hit which varied from food, household items, money, and precious family heirlooms. A shinobi was sent into darkest depths of the district, the Sordid avenue. Atop the highest building, perched with a hunching crouch overlooking the town, Hoshi Shouyu.

Pale white hues overlooked the area, searching. His eyes flexed, bulging with an immense amount of chakra that only a hyuuga could focus through hereditary veins located near the retina. A sight of all grey, highlighted with various colors which would signify one's chakra and the color of their personal aura. He could sense no malicious chakra within the current diameter of view. From the perch Hoshi leaned forward to the balls of his feet and in an that instant launched himself, leaving nothing but a cloud of smoke and a slight fragmentation of the stone building he was previously stationed.

Mid-air a wave of dark energy, which felt oddly familiar reached out to him. It was a vibration, which shook his diaphragm and stirred his stomach. 'That energy... His eyes darted to the right, it was almost at his three o'clock. He pinpointed the direction of the chakra but he decided to leave it be. His true objective had revealed itself. Hoshi was now locked onto the theif, hovering from above. Hoshi would peak over the rooftop that he would successfully land upon with tip toes and a slight tumble forward. Down below, a height of three stories echoed the conversation of a robbery. It seemed to be at a popular shogi shop. Hoshi intensely overlooked, quickly he assessed the situation, identified the criminal and decided to make move.

The robbery was already done, Hoshi decided to leave it as be and catch him on the run. He would return the belongings later. He hoped to find a motive to the thief's ways but concluded nothing. The thug was off dashing alley through alley. The Shogi shop owner called out to everyone and anyone for help. But apparently a near by puppet show had stolen all the attention of the commoners. Only the drunks responded with spilling their alcoholic poison over the floor bickering of repentance. Finally the thief stopped and manically began to laugh. As he bellowed he leaned backwards, tilting his head the same direction as his victory call amplified within the closed area.

Thug: "BWAHAHAHAHAHA-------- UGH!!!!"

THWACK!

There were no questions. Everything was already answered from observation. There is no reformation for an individual who seeks to do wrong of their own volition. For self-gain, for power... It was all disgraceful. Hoshi overlooked his limp and unconscious body. Hoshi had crept up on the thief from a vantage point in stealth. Without sound, without thought, only a sickening palm to the chest was enough to subdue a ninja of this caliber. Although, Hoshi's five percent power might feel like fifty compared to the untrained body. As Hoshi leaned over to pick the trash up by his collar, his head jerked again. That same malicious chakra... the aura, of a demon.

Hoshi wrapped things up quickly. He pushed his right finger up to his corresponding ear and reporting into his headset.

"Done. Sending location now."

Headquarters: "Copy that Kurama."

Kurama, the fox anbu of Kumo. Sly, cunning, with a bite more vicious than it appears. Hoshi bound the criminal, bagged up the stolen goods and proceeded to return them by closest location to furthest. All the while, he would continue to keep a look out for that familiar chakra. He was adorned in normal attire, even though he was sort of on an Anbu mission. His attire was a simple kimono top, white, bound by a grey sashed apron which bore the japanese characters for, "Blazing Spirit." His bottoms were matching loose fitting white pair of pants, complimented by black flat footed slip ons. Of course, across his forehead the hyuuga proudly represented his village.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.<i></i>

Hoshi reached the last location. The Shogi shop. He awaited with a smile for the door to open and reveal...

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Kato asked Rinko about her other money ventures, her eyes lit up. "Y-you really want to hear about it? Really?!" Her tail wagged as she began listing off her business attempts. "Well, there was the one time I opened an art exhibit and used Empaths to sell the art. I once sold a rhinoceros beetle for a good chunk of change when I told the buyer it was a youkai in disguise. I already told you the kissing booth...I only got 1000 yen for that. I tried getting people to model, but no one came..." She grew quiet for a moment, but eventually shrugged. "Anyways, those are the ones I did by myself. I ran a lot of other schemes with Pops and Gramps, but I don't really count those since a Tanuki's gotta make it on their own."

The conversation shifted, and Rinko was offered two options for the next escapade. While gambling was appealing, Rinko couldn't resist passing on a free meal. "Ramen sounds delicious! Honestly, it isn't great here. The smoke gets into the broth and the smell of mothballs makes the noodles taste funky. We should head to another joint nearby."

As the two in the back moved to the main area, an old man in a straw hat opened the entrance hall door. "Ya never learned to open a door kiddo?" He gave a raspy chuckle before looking down to the shogi board in Hoshi's hands. "Ah! My lucky shogi board that definitely isn't rigged to let me win. I thought that dim-witted thief was gonna get away with it. He shoulda known that the streets are filled to the brim with strapping kiddos that love cleaning up the filth." The old timer turned to the crowd. "I'm back in the game boys! Tanuki Koukatsu will beat the pants off all of ya!" He was about to walk away, but remembered that the young man was still in the doorway. "Right, I gotta thank ya. Let me see..." He rummaged into his pocket and produced a piece of paper. "Hmm...this should do it." He handed the slip to Hoshi. "That's a coupon to the Kappa Clan Onsen."

MGznyxd.png

Rinko approached the old man and puffed out her cheeks. "Gramps, you're in the way. I'm heading out for some ramen with my new friend." The grandfather smiled down at his relative and pulled out two more coupons. "That's nice. You two can have coupons too." After handing the gifts to the children, he motioned with his thumb to Hoshi. "Take this whippersnapper with ya. He's probably hungry after bustin' crime. Get a receipt and I'll pay for his bowl." The tanuki girl gave an impetuous nod, as she was too busy admiring the coupon in her hand. "Unlimited warm water..." Snapping her attention back to reality, Rinko gave a weak salute and squeezed passed the boy in the doorway. "This way." She trotted off down the street, expecting Kato and the new guy to follow her eventually.

It only took a few minutes to arrive at a simple ramen shop. Rinko entered and plopped herself onto a stool positioned in front of the counter. "I'll take a shiitake ramen bowl please." When the boys were seated and ordered, Rinko swiveled to face the new addition. "I'm Tanuki Rinko by the way." She gave a small bow of her head and let Kato introduce himself, if he needed to. Meanwhile, the girl pulled out her newly acquired coupon and gazed longingly at it. I can't wait to use the hot spring! Wait... She glanced at the boys and flushed red. Is this leading to another filler episode? The mandatory onsen trip where the boys either accidentally walk in on the girls, or purposely try to peep on them? When a moment to speak arose, Rinko lightly waved her coupon and nervously chuckled. "Y-ya know, the Kappa Clan Onsen is filled with half-breeds like me, they're pretty snobby to those without youkai blood. So I'd be happy to take the coupons off your hands...hehe..."

Michinori Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato follows along letting Rinko lead. He says thanks for the coupon following to make sure he doesn't get left behind as he glances at the new addition. "Interesting" Kato thinks to himself while continuing to follow.

As they get to the place Kato takes a seat and waits for his turn to order. "I'll take just original please." Kato says as he looks at the coupon reading it. He seemed to of spaced out for a second before coming back to reality and looking at the new addition. "Hello I'm Michinori Kato, nice to meet you." He smiles friendly before looking at Rinko.

"Here, I'll pay for my way in." Kato hands her his coupon and smiles not really worried about the price. As they get their food Kato says thanks and goes to eating letting the two talk or whatever until he seems like a good time to talk.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back