Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Get Out of My Face || Sashou

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi had certainly reached her breaking point. Not that her breaking point was ever that far, considering her short-temper. This boy had been bugging her all day. Apparently her earlier warning before class at the academy to get out of her face wasn't enough, as he now followed behind her, stepping on her ankles as she walked. She would stop in place, turning around and stepping towards them. Their faces now only an inch apart. Her jaw was clenched and her face was a fiery red. "... Did you not get the point earlier? I'll tell you again. Leave me alone and get out of my face. Or i'll break yours. Got it?" She'd start, hands clenching into fist. She was in fight back mode now. And apparently this boy did not take her seriously, as he began to laugh in her face.

He would look at Sumi, opening his mouth to speak. "Yea, right. Like i'm supposed to feel intimi-" He wouldn't finish that last sentence. Sumi's fist at connected to his jaw and knocked him to the ground. The next thing anyone knew, he was on the ground and Sumi had mounted him. She was continuously landing blows to his face, not even giving him the chance to fight back. Though he did occasionally try to throw a sloppy punch back at her. Sumi had been in many a fight before. She knew that the best way was to restrain her opponent. If they couldn't move, they couldn't hit back. Soon, a swarm of Academy students just leaving on their way back to their homes surrounded them, shouting at the spectacle.

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The academy wasn’t usually the place Sashou would find himself seeing as he had graduated over a decade ago now. However he had decided to pay his dues to the village and start teaching students on important lesson such as body switch or transformation. These were basic important studies to join the shinobi world.

He continued to walk through the academy and holding a deck of cards to play with while he was on the go. He soon started to hear shouting that could be heard from a far distance. It sounded like… school kids screaming or something like that. He figured that maybe there was something going on, such as a dead body or maybe two kids had finally learned how to kiss. He just shook his head and would start to move in the direction or where the entire common was just in case someone was needed.

He moved towards the scene at a casual pace, avoiding children running towards the scene before the much taller Sashou push passed. From what he could see was a young girl, probably tween age punching a boy in the face constantly. He would push through and grab the boy from under her, picking him up and putting him away elsewhere. She wasn’t going to get past him after that spectacle. He also put his cards into his back pocket to make sure they weren’t going anywhere from his body.

”Alright kids take this one to the infirmary and see what the mednin can do with him. Maybe there will be a way to save all his teeth after this.” He would turn to the crowd and disperse them away but not before making sure the little rebel wasn’t trying to escape.

”You sure did a number on that kid there. Any reason why you were beating up your fellow classmate like that? You did nearly beat him to an unrecognisable figure.” He looked a little cross but he wasn’t usually the kind of guy that was too mad at a fight or two. If she had a good reason for it that is.

[MFT 342 words]

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend=""Try to see what I know""]
Another day at the academy building, Reishii sure did find herself here a lot though that’s what happens when you sign up for every medical class you can fit into your schedule, which was all of them for this pink and blonde haired pyromaniac. As she wandered through the corridors, not even the sounds of the fight and cheering kids could pull her attention away from the book that her nose was buried in. “Psychiatry A Very Short Introduction” It was obviously a book for beginners but was a subject the girl had found herself more and more interested in as she’d began exploring the medical field, she was hardly squeamish or anything like that but the brain fascinated her and given her own condition she figured it might help her out in that respect also.

Once the cheering had toned down, whatever was happening clearly having being stopped, Reishii lifted her eyes from the book and placed a bookmark between the pages, she was close to her class now and there was a rather bloody looking student being rushed toward her carried in his friends arms. She would extend her own and bring them to a halt and without so much as a word except for confusion from the boys she performed some seals and her hand would glow with green and orange tipped chakra and she placed the hand over the boy’s face. “This should ease the pain and stop the bleeding, but do continue on to the hospital.” She would say as she pulled her hand away, finished with the jutsu and with a smile she would continue to walk.

She turned the final corner, leading to her classroom, she was a little early but considering the face she just laid eyes upon that was probably a good thing as she now knew what had happened to that boy. She would beam a grin and come toward the girl who was being lectured by a man she didn’t recognise though was probably the teacher who broke it all up. “Beating people up so early in the day?” She questioned with a chuckle. “I do hope you had good reason for giving him such a violent beating, aunt Sumi.” She’d add, a little more concerned about the boy now, knowing that it was her who beat him up though with the small amount of help she’d offered he’d probably make a full recovery and be back in no time.

[MFT - 411]
[/legend]

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi hadn't even noticed the grown man approach. She had been too consumed by rage. When the man grabbed the boy out from underneath of her, she would fall off of him and onto the ground. She would sit up, looking up to see the teacher before she would let out a frustrated huff. She would try to take deep breaths to calm herself down. At first she didn't even understand his words and just stared at him, until they finally came through her cloudy head. Her niece showed up soon after, mentioning the same thing.

Sumi felt very justified in her actions and would stand up, dusting the dirt off of her clothes. She looked the teacher right in the eye as she crossed her arms. As far as she was concerned the kid deserved it, besides even if he hadn't he still deserved the damage because he wasn't strong enough to defend himself. "Well, he was picking on me. He has been all morning since I got here. I warned him, and he kept going. I tried to give him a final warning, and he didn't listen. And it isn't a warning if nothing happens. So, I showed him that he can't pick on me just because i'm a girl." She would state without flinching, seeming quite satisfied with herself. No one was going to step all over her like that. She'd then look over to Reishii with a slightly confused look. "How did you know, Reishii?"

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed the girl didn’t seem to feel any kind of regret for her actions, crossing her arms and looking directly into Sashou’s dark eyes. He didn’t look away from the challenge and would only turn once he heard another voice of another young student who thought she could seemingly taunt her… aunt? Whatever the family’s odd cadet dynasties and bastardries wasn’t for him to judge and nor did he actually care. But having more people while he was talking was just going to be troublesome.

”What your reason is I guess is understandable. But maybe there is something to take from all this,” he said, trying to think of the actual moral of the story in this whole situation. ”I’m not the biggest fan of lectures but we cannot have students attempting to maim each other. Eventually they might actually the ones saving your life and you don’t want them to remember you beating them to a pulp when you were younger.”

”It’s fine though. Go off on your way today I won’t report you for defending your honour. Whether the head of the academy says anything different isn’t my concern. Whether the student you nearly punched into a coma might have something different to say. Better come up with a better reason than ‘he deserved it’ to the academy.” He would turn his head to Reishii as well. ”Maybe your niece here could help you out with this. Blood is thicker than water after all.”

He remembered that if he was called up he would have to remember who he was actually standing up for. If he didn’t have a name then he wouldn’t have actually cared and wouldn’t show.

”What are your names, just in case I have to file some kind of report to say I was there and you were given the suitable punishment for this kind of action and blah blah blah.” He started to seem a little less caring about the situation now that it was over and the kids had hopefully learned their lessons after everything that had happened.

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reishii would fold her arms as Sumi explained herself to both her and the older male, hugging the book to her chest as she did so. The tiny girl would chuckle at the explanation because even though she hadn’t know Sumi all that long, this was pretty much what she expected of her, all rash and hot headed it was very appealing to her since she was incapable of being that way herself, so she believes anyway. She then questioned how Reishii seemed to know all about the situation despite only just arriving but honestly it didn’t take a genius to come to the same conclusion. “Well, I ran into the guy you beat up, healed him a little and sent him on his way since all I could manage was to stop the bleeding really, then I come round the corner he and his buddies came from and you’re being lectured by a teacher. Add to that the fact that you have a fuse shorter than I am and… well there you go!” She said, ending it with a laugh and smiling her creepy smile.

The teacher seemed to have a handle on the situation, for the most part at least. He did mention something that made her chuckle though, that she could help out the other girl in coming up with a reason that this happened at all just in case it does get reported which it likely would once he got to the hospital and explained things. “Well, I doubt I’d be any good and it’s surely better to just be honest in that kind of situation. I mean, if I were in Sumis place and he’d pushed me to snapping I’d have put him in the hospital a lot longer than he’s going to be currently if not worse. Not that my fuse is as short as bruiser over here!” She’d laugh, motioning to Sumi. “But I’m dangerous because I am not always in control so I am probably not the best person to ask for help.” She would shrug softly and giggle at seemingly nothing. “Oh, my names Reishii though I don’t see why I’d get punished! I did help the kid after all.” She’d comment, sticking out her tongue.
[/legend]

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi would roll her eyes as the teacher started trying to come up with some 'lesson' for her to take from a fight she had won. If anyone should have learned a lesson, it was the student Reishii had helped heal. Which sucked. Sumi wished that Reishii hadn't, but oh well. She didn't know Sumi wanted that boy to suffer because he'd mistreated her. He certainly learned a lesson: Don't mess with Minamoto-Kono Sumi. Not one to hide her feelings or her thoughts, she would continue to watch the teacher with an annoyed look. This guy didn't know what he was talking about. "How is he going to save my life when he can't even save his face?" She'd say with a frustrated tone before looking away from the teacher. Surely he would scold her for this comment, but she couldn't help it. Brutal honesty was her style.

When he mentioned he wouldn't report her for defending her honor, she would unfold her arms and let out a deep sigh. "Finally. You say something that makes sense." She would then place her hands on her hips as he continued to speak, listening to him. Or at least trying to. Part of her was itching to go see what was going on with that boy. Did he lose any teeth? She couldn't help but want to see how well she'd done. The more damage she did, the stronger she was becoming. "Really? Into a coma?" She tried to hide her excitement, knowing it would be seen as both inappropriate and dishonorable, but if the teacher wasn't standing there she would've gone for a high five from Reishii right about now. "Why would I need a better reason? I was defending my honor. Just like you said. That's the truth, anyway. I don't need to lie."

She'd look over at Reishii as the girl called her bruiser and started to laugh, blushing slightly. "D-don't call me that.." She'd say in an embarassed tone before playfully slugging her in the arm. "Respect your elders, Reishii. I'm your aunt. You aren't supposed to laugh at me." She would then look back to the teacher, her cheeks still red. "My name is Minamoto-Kono Natsumi, but I go by Sumi." She would state, brushing her bangs out of her eyes.

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah to be young again. Not worrying about how the dominos could fall by one single action that would lead to the eventual usurping of becoming Kage of the village. Maybe she didn’t realise that people hold grudges and usually do with a bunch of people who then all move into take someone out. It wasn’t uncommon at least.

He noticed the girl seemed to lighten up once he said he wasn’t going to report her at all. He would just let her finish along with Reishii before he would actually give them a lesson on being clever among other shinobi and where having a hot head could lead to some trouble. A little more tact and a hidden knife could do more damage than running in with fists in the air.

Minamoto-Kono… where had he heard that name before? Oh well. It didn’t actually matter to him. It just… bothered him for some reason.

”I’m not punishing either of you” he said to Reishii, ”but because you’re here and because you seem to agree with her way of dealing with the situation I’m going to let you both onto a little secret of the shinobi world.”

”No one cares about honour.” There. He said it. Honour was a bullshit reason to attack someone. If you didn’t like them just kill them not take the excuse of it being honour. ”If you took yourselves to the Pearl Tenements today I could guarantee at least three people would try and pick your pockets for whatever you had. Five people would try and do shady deals with you and two will try and con you out of all your money. Don’t assume that by being honourable everyone will just shrug it off.

He took out a single die and showed it to both of them. ”Now here’s the thing about growing up in the Tenements myself. I know a lot about deception and hiding and all that stuff. It’s all about getting an advantage over someone.” He spun the die around and the observant would notice that there were two sixes on opposite faces and no four. ”This is what the majority of the shinobi world is like. They will plot your demise and unless you feign friendships or actually form good relationships with people they will start to plot your downfall. Heck even the Tsuchikage was killed by his own people.”

Sashou would get put the die back away and shrug. ”Of course you can still go charge in fists first at someone just make sure they don’t come back.” He gave a smile before realising what he said. ”Err on the other hand don’t kill your fellow classmates either. They will have a job to do for the village eventually and you don’t want to be doing extra work because someone has a crush on you and didn’t know how to act.” Did Sashou use the c word? Oops.

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reishii would only giggle as she watched her aunt blush at the nickname she’d given her and honestly she found it rather fun provoking this reaction from her, she didn’t however enjoy the punch that followed but it clearly meant playfully even if it did hurt like a bitch. The girl seemed rather happy with her honesty about if their places had been reversed and honestly, Reishii would probably go as far as to kill someone if she really got angry she just wasn’t about to admit that because then people would just tip toe around her and feign friendships just to keep on her good side and that fakeness was something she didn’t need in her life.

It was at this point the man went on his monologue and Reishii did agree with a lot of what he said though some things she’d never experienced so for the moment she’d have to take them at face value. “That is true, honour is a thing matters to only to yourself usually and honestly, I think having respect for yourself and others is a far better way to live your life.” She’d comment, hoping that Sumi would think about it. “Honour is something you believe yourself to have, respect is something that you can earn and see the effects of in your daily life. Though knocking a few heads when things piss you off is certainly a fine thing to do, just do try not to get yourself into trouble deeper than you can handle.” This was her philosophy at least and it seemed to get her by, she wanted to be liked by people so that she had something to smile about and people to laugh with.

With all that said, Sumi was a hot head and unlikely to change simply at the pair lecturing her, punishing her would work far better but a normal punishment would not suffice but Sashou did say something that peeked her interest and she couldn’t help but grin a little evilly with a twinkle in her eye. “He’s right you know, boys usually pick on and harass the girls they like, boys are pretty stupid like that.” She chuckled and took a step toward her aunt and placed a hand on the girls cheek. “But if any boy thinks they can take away my cute, blushing, bruiser…” She said, her voice getting softer as her face got ever closer to the other girls. “Then they’ll need to go through me~.” She said and with that brought her face closer, moving in seemingly for a kiss, but just as they were about to touch she simply lingered for a while then would pull back, laughing. “You’re so much cuter when you blush, Sumi.” She said, poking fun at the girl. “Plus, you got to earn my respect. Right now all I see is my adorable underclassman who blushes at the slightest thing~” She’d say teasing a little more and poke her on the nose, she did so enjoy playing with people, though she’d never do anything mean and she wouldn’t ever lie either, she really did think the girl was cute, it was just a nice way to punish her for being a little to rash in her actions.
[/legend]

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi's jaw dropped as Sashou spoke on his opinion of honor. There was no possibly way she could accept this. She was about to start yelling at him before hearing her niece speak. What she said made slightly more sense, but didn't really change Sumi's mind much. "... Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter how others see honor. I don't need them to know i'm honorable as long as I know." She would agree, nodding her head to herself. She would let out a frustrated sigh, however. How could anyone not care about honor? It helped create balance. It made the difference between right and wrong. It helped you push forward. "And for your information, the Tsuchikage was killed because he was an honorless fool." She would spit the words out before glancing over at her niece who placed a hand on her cheek.

"S-stop calling me that! Crushes are stupid!" She would start to argue as Reishii moved closer and closer. Sumi was trying not to flinch away, not to appear weak or as if she couldn't handle Reishii's actions. She didn't want the other girl to know what she was doing was getting to her, but it was still oh so obvious... As the other girl finally withdrew and said she was so much cuter when she blushed Sumi would let out a screech of pure frustration. "Why do you have to try to embarrass me? I'm not cute! I'm going to be one of the greatest fighters this village has ever seen, Reishii. Just wait and see. Then you won't be able to call me cute anymore."

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah that was the kind of reaction he was expecting. When an adult tells a child of what the real world is like they seem to be shocked and disgusted. After all he basically telling her that her ideals were bullshit and that all the world cares about is how they’re going to benefit. Honour doesn’t create anything beneficial it just left opportunities to be abused.

Reishii seemed to agree but Sumi certainly didn’t. Maybe she was just too young and not wisened to the world yet. It didn’t matter too much after all, she would probably learn all this in missions sooner or later.

Sumi’s neice then started teasing her more with an almost incest (wincest?) motion but backed off. Sashou just didn’t really seem to care. If kids were into that sorta stuff these days then so be it. Just couldn’t be good for the gene pool.

The author however, feeling a sense of déjà vu would continue to tell his story.

”Ah well if you’re going to be one of the greatest fighters you’re going to have to be stronger than the Daimyo huh?” He gave a little laugh and nodded. ”Right then Sumi-san I’m going to hold you to that goal and if I don’t see you manage to become the greatest fighter before I die then I’m going to be disappointed.” It was probably likely that Sashou was going to die soon to someone but he wasn’t sure. Death was a fun way to pass the time though…

He turned to Reishii and crossed his arms before using Sumi’s promise and turning it into a question. ”And what about you Reishii-san. Do you have a goal yet? Your aunt has already chosen her ninja path of ‘honour’ and to be a great fighter. Have you got a goal you want to get out of the academy?”

[mft 283 words]

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reishii would cross her arms over her stomach and exhale with a glare directed at the girl, it was certainly admirable that she wanted to be the strongest in the village; Reishii kind of had the same goal though thought about it in a way that was different to her aunt. “Look, Sumi. You don’t have to just be one or the other, ya know? You can be cute and strong… Unless you think I’m either weak or ugly.” She’d say with a pout and a teasing tone, hopefully poking at the young girls emotions a little more. “Wanting to be strong is good… it’s what we all want in reality, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be anything else, right?” She’d say with a warming smile, perhaps she was preaching it a little too hard but she didn’t want Sumi to grow up with warped views on the world or herself or maybe that was just her books talking, reading up on psychology sure brought out the maturity in her. “That said, I too am going to hold you to your goal, so unless you can beat me, you’ll never be the strongest.” She grinned, though it was clear that this was not a joke but a truth that would hopefully drive her in the future, Reishii relished the chance to make rivals as it was a good way to keep your mind varied.

Sashou having been the inspiration for the topic of the discussion would go on to even question her and in all honesty she wasn’t quite sure how she should answer. Sure she wanted to be strong, wanted to protect the village and its people but she was all but aware of the obstacles she needed to overcome. “As I said, we all want to be the strongest; I am no different except I can already see many of the bumps on my path.” She would move herself to the side and lean her back against the wall as she thought for a moment about how to word it proper. “I want to fix myself, I don’t dislike who I am but who I am has problems.” She would raise a hand and tap a finger on her temple. “Once I figure out how to fix this, I will have an easier time becoming stronger. I want to be a hero to this village, I want to be remembered for my deeds of valour… long after I’m dead they’ll speak of the shinobi who was brighter than the morning sun.” She’d take the same hand that had tapped at her temple and hold it out in front of her and allowed it to burst into flames that were a brilliant mixture of red and orange dancing over her skin. “I obviously have a long way to go as you can see but… I think it’s good to have dreams and know how difficult that path is going to be, maybe I am blessed to already know my biggest obstacle or perhaps I am not, only time will truly tell.” She’d say with another smile as she flicked her wrist, causing the flames to disperse. “What of you, Sashou? Do you have such lofty dreams? Or perhaps you’re more content with something less… grandiose?” She would ask curiously, he was older than the pair of them and had far more life experience and maybe his dreams would show just that, after all her and Sumis dreams were the kind often viewed as childish or selfish.
[/legend]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back