Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Getting to know someone [Open]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka stood on top of Takeshi's face in the monument overlooking the village, she liked this kind of place to think, appreciate what was in front of her... the village. The place where she lived, the place where she had grown up, the place where happiness appeared, misery, life is a journey that goes forward never turning backwards to fix the mistakes that were made. In a sense of the word it has taught her how the world works. In specific how the shinobi world moved around.

She breathed in the fresh air deeply, clear blue sky, the sun lowering itself over the horizon it was certainly a beautiful time to be outside she just wondered if anyone would be coming this way. Last time Ziren dropped by and caused some kind of incident that ended up in a stupid argument. Who knew she could be like this but hopefully that never happened again.

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What was next? Ryoku didn’t have a class scheduled that day, so he basically had a day off. He could just train but he had already been doing that non-stop since his class with Kenshin-sama. He would take this time to give his body a break. A chance to start building itself back up into something stronger. But what would he do during this time?

Ryoku looked up and closed his eyes to think. He let the breeze flow across his face as he pondered how he would spend his free time. A leaf gently landed on his forehead, prompting him to open his eyes and he noticed the Hokage faces above him. He had been thinking about becoming a stronger ninja for a while, looking up to Kenshin-sama for inspiration, but he never really considered the fact that Kenshin-sama wasn’t the #1 Shinobi in the village. Ryoku had never seen or met Takeshi-sama in person, but he saw his face carved into the mountain every day and never really thought about how strong of a ninja he must be to be in a higher position that Kenshin-sama.

That’s when Ryoku decided what he was going to do that day. See the village from the Hokage’s eyes in a way.

When he got to the top of Takeshi-sama’s large head, he noticed someone already up there. Ryoku wasn’t surprised as this was a very relaxing spot on a very beautiful day. “Hiya!” Ryoku called out as he approached so he didn’t accidentally startle her. “Great day to sit on the Hokage’s head,” he said with a goofy smile. Then he sat down and looked out over the village. It was an amazing sight. “I’ve never paid attention to how big the village was,” he mumbled to himself.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei really didn't want to be in her clan's compound today. For the most part, it was the fact that the elders were becoming increasingly annoying and demanding. However, she would be lying if she said that the absolutely gorgeous day had nothing to do with it. Hokage Rock was always her favorite place to just bask in the ambiance that is Konoha. Being above the bustling streets but watching the civilians scurrying about as they completed errands always held a somewhat nostalgic feel for her. It reminded her of when she was little and her mother toted her along before she was old enough to attend the Academy.

The height and separation helped keep her grounded in the present, even as spirits of the past followed her telling their stories. There was one ghost that was quickly grating on her nerves, however, an old man who lived before the civil war even happened. He was the epitome of the "back in my day" stereotype. He just kept talking as she walked, not noticing the twitch slowly forming before the green haired woman's left eye. Just a tick before she saw the other two, she span around with an angry look on her face. She reached up, her hand turning mostly invisible as she grabbed the ghost by his shirt. "Look, old man. I understand that all of the others have ceased conversing with you, but that doesn't give you permission to practically haunt me. I learned plenty of what happened in your day in history class and from others before you. Now, if you would halt your endless gabbing and go find someone else to bother it would be much appreciated!"

The ghost walked off pouting as Hoshirei let him go with a long-suffering sigh. She then turned around and nearly blushed. She recognized one of the two before her and she nodded to Asuka. "Well, that must have made quite the impression! It is good to see you well, comrade. And it is always good to meet the future of this village," she said softly smiling at the young man.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka turned her head to look at the young boy that had just climbed his way up here. He seemed interesting to say the least kind of goofy and a bit naive but she couldn't exactly judge without knowing why was his personality like this but in any case it couldn't exactly be said that his presence was welcomed. She would've preferred being alone but maybe this could turn into a positive experience.

"Hello stranger!" Asuka spoke. "It is a great site, the village has quite a history and it has grown throughout the years. It's our beautiful home."

Just when she was about to continue speaking it seemed like a pair was coming their way. But once she looked she realized it wasn't actually a pair of people but Hoshirei. Well... that was interesting. Was she practicing an argument she was going to have? Just yelling at herself? "First impressions are overrated." Asuka gave a slight bow. "It is good to see you as well."

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryoku turned around to the sound of an angry woman and noticed that she seemed to be yelling at no one. “Ha, weird,” he chuckled softly as he watched in entertainment. Once she became aware of their presence, Ryoku’s eyes quickly darted to the Leaf Headband attached to her waist. “Are you a leaf ninja?!” He leapt to his feet and ran over to her to get a closer look at it. “How long have you been a ninja? How strong are you? What kind of jutsu do you use? Can you show me?” With each question he seemed to become more excited.

Ryoku seemed oblivious to the fact that he was invading the kunoichi’s personal space as he bombarded her with questions and examined her headband, but when he finally noticed his facial expression quickly became serious. He stepped back and bowed. “My apologies! I have no manners! I’m Hitsugaya Ryoku!” He straightened his back and looked at the kunoichi and said, “Please show me your jutsu!”

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Asuka bowed, Hoshirei returned it with a short one of her own right before the young man came up to her and nearly tackled her in excitement. She felt as if her green eyebrows tried to become one with her hair and the boy spoke quickly. With each proceeding question, his energy seemed to increase and she found herself at a bit of a loss for words. Even after taking her place as a head of her clan, she was still not used to someone being so excited to meet her. When she was this young man's age, most people shied away from her if they didn't take every opportunity to make fun of her. The slight moment of reminiscing brought a soft yet sad smile to her face. His final question, demand really since he repeated it, about showing him a jutsu made her laugh though and her smile turned bright.

"Well, it isn't every day someone seems so excited to meet me. I have been a shinobi for most of my life. My duties have not often led me to battle, so I don't have much comparison for how strong I am. I use
mostly genjutsu, but I do use the other types as well. As for showing you one, young Ryoku, just stay still, okay? I would not want to hurt you by accident."

Hoshirei turned away slightly before flying through the handseals for her Flourite Spikes jutsu. The required chakra slammed into the ground causing a small group of flourite to burst from the ground. After a moment, she went and picked up the pieces in her hands and walked back to Ryoku. "I modified the end result of that jutsu a bit. You can keep these, if you want, just hold out your hands." If he did hold out his hands, she would make her hands phase out of reality momentarily so the small stones would fall into his hands. "You couldn't see it, but I was actually yelling at someone when I first arrived. Some ghosts just don't know when to cease speaking once they realize you can hear them."
1-5-2-5cm-Tumbled-Gemstone-Natural-Fluorite-Octahedral-Cube-Small-Natural-Stones-Fluorite-Quartz.jpg_640x640.jpg

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

The door to the small house would slide open and out into the evening sun would step Hotoke and an elderly woman. Turning towards the lady, he would place two vials within her palm after removing a pair of latex blue gloves from around his hands. Folding the gloves inside themselves and depositing into a pouch on his waist (where he kept disposable material) his voice would calmly speak, "Be sure to place two drops from each vial under the young girl's tongue each morning and each night. The combination of vital nutrient-enriched water with the oral suspension medication should help control her fever and ease the inflammation in her throat."</B><i></i> The older lady did what was customary given the circumstances and thanked him over and over, an appreciation that left him somewhat bashful even though he should of been used to it by now. Insisting to the woman he was just thankful to be able to do his job, she would go on to continue giving him praise while admitting that at first he had made her uneasy. Once the two had finished their conversation, he would be on his way walking with the Kage monument to his back.

<B>"Hmm..."

His head turned and for a moment his eyes were attached to the Kage faces etched in stone. There would be a few instinctual blinks of his eyes, their focus catching subtle movement along the top of one of the heads. Maybe it was due to having finished his work and being at the tail end of his shift that he allowed his curiosity to keep him focused there. It was not something just overtly amazing or demonizing about standing up there, after all he was sure that it was something almost every shinobi of the village had to have at least done once. "It's great to see some things no changing despite what the village currently faces...", were the words every so lightly muttered from his lips. It was true though and while he was not in the inner circle of knowledge concerning it all, the village was under siege be it the current engagements against Frost Country or the inner struggles of ideology. It was all something that one could easily be sucked up into, like a vast tornado yet here and now it is the simplest of acts which made him proud to be a shinobi.

"Those type of meetings...that is what you all---we all serve to protect. Less just hope others never forget that. I can only mend a broken body, last I would want to do is have to mend a traumatized or wartorn soul..."

He would turn back to his path, shuffling both hands into his pockets while walking further and further away from the rock faces and deeper into the village. Vast trees would give way to buildings, natural skyline replaced by the roofs of homes and small buildings, the sounds of isolation overtaken by the muster of feet and voices. Happiness, calmness and warmth is what he felt here as he passed people and shinobi alike in his walk...

"This is what matters..."

[Topic entered/left]
[Just some background interaction rp o w o]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was quite entertaining seeing a young soul so excited about Ninjutsu, or Shinobi in general. The outgoing personality was welcomed with how things have been going around lately... with frost and just everything else. Having no shortage on things she regretted, this kind of interaction do bring piece of mind. Hoshirei mastery over crystal, literally making them appear out of thin air was quite impressive. She wondered if it was possible to learn that.

"Now that's quite something." Asuka simply commented. "Ninjutsu is quite extensive on what actually is possible combining the different aspects of it. I keep seeing something new everyday."

Asuka gave a slight smile as Hoshireis comment on ghosts, well that was certainly quite an ingenious joke. Something out of order to calm the mood, quite smart. "More like they'll keep talking more if they knew you could hear them." She spoke out "Hell.... if I knew someone alive could hear me I would harass them, pretty much making them help me with my unfinished buisness."

Asuka looked at the stranger that arrived, he certainly was strange and his talking was.... interesting but a bit out of place. As soon as he arrived, he left. Without saying anything more. "Well.... that was quite a monologue." Asuka sighed, turning her head back to the village. "And I don't exactly agree with it."

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the emerald-haired kunoichi flew through hand seals, Ryoku felt the excitement rapidly welling up inside of him. It was almost as if her specialty was a form of jutsu that amplified emotions. This thought wasn’t necessarily disproven when crystals appeared from the ground. Ryoku held out his hand, as instructed, and instead of opening her hand to release the crystal, she allowed it to phase directly through her hand. Ryoku observed in amazement. His eyes widened and his smile grew larger. “SO COOL!” he shouted in delight.

Ryoku’s mood of excitement and happiness quickly shifted with the mention of ghosts unfortunately. “So ghosts are actually real?” he asked, a slight shiver running down his spine and his hair standing on end. “I thought that was just something my brother used to tell me to creep me out. Is there no peace with death?” He became slightly sad, even though both of the women had made a joke, all he could think about was the loneliness that came with the afterlife.

He let out a sigh and looked down at the crystal. It was so beautiful it began to distract him from his sadness. He began to examine it closelt and flick it to test its durability. He stopped when he heard the white-haired lady said something. The statement slightly confused Ryoku. He was so enthralled by the crystal spectacle performed by the kunoichi and the news about ghosts that he didn’t even notice whatever monologue she was referring to. “Whaddya mean, Miss?” he asked.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei's smile fell from her face as she heard the passing stranger speak about not wanting to have to mend a war torn soul. She ignored her own response for the moment, her smile returning when Asuka and Ryoku were both impressed by her crystalline jutsu. "Most of the time when these form, they create caltrops. Wouldn't want to step on them. I've played with the jutsu enough to be able to manipulate it into a rough octahedron when I want. If you polished them and carved numbers into each side you could make dice, or if you lop off all the points, you could make it circular and make a marble. One of my favorite things to do as a youth was find new ways to use the results of these jutsu."

"As for ghosts, they do exist. However, as our white-haired companion suggested, most who linger on the other plane have something they need or want to finish. Many finish their business and move on. Very few linger past that point. If they do, they tend to twist into something evil and require removal. Rest is available for all. Some just refuse to choose it."

"A person passed by commenting on how some things don't change and how they serve the village. I am unsure what you disagree with, but I know I did not appreciate them commenting on war torn souls. It can be those who seem war torn who are the kindest people. They know pain, they may know how to cause pain, but they know how to help as well."
She paused in her speech finally and blinked minutely. "I just realized. I have neglected to introduce myself. I'm Isaki Hoshirei."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka gave a short smile at the boys response, she hadn't thought of it like that and it certainly seemed scary if it was true that after death there was only loneliness. Loneliness probably was the worst punishment one could muster, humans needed to have someone to talk to. Otherwise living wasn't enough. "Don't think of it that way." Asuka spoke calmly, softness on her voice. "Unfinished buisnes doesn't necesarilly mean loneliness, just means people got things to take care off after death. Anyhow, don't think in stuff like that... you got your whole life ahead of you."

With a sigh Asuka listened to Hoshirei's words, maybe ghosts did exist. But she couldn't exactly believe her, she wasn't going to comment on that. What people believed was their buisness, she had no right to judge without knowing the full context. "Not exactly Isaki." Asuka sighed scratching the back of her head. "Everyone deals with pain their own way, some help others. Other people do the opposite. But the ones who need help... end up being a husk of what they used to be."

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryoku listened to the two converse about such a depressing topic and realized that he was privileged. He knew nothing of pain. Ryoku managed to cut off the train of thought there and decided it would benefit him most if he changed the subject.

“So Hoshirei-san,” he said looking up to her and placing the crystal in his pocket. “You mentioned not having spent a lot of time in battle? Why’s that? What do you do? Is that going to happen to me? I want to spend a lot of time in battle seeing all kinds of different battle styles and learning from them to become stronger and-” Ryoku noticed that he was beginning to ramp up mid-sentence with his mouth still open, ready to continue it with the next word fighting to get out, but he knew that once he went up it would not be easy for him to come back down, so he exhaled and said “yeah,” and gave a big smile.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei certainly knew that people dealt with pain in different ways. After all, she was currently seeing Maki recovering from the immense physical and mental pain he was put through and, in part, still going through. She also remembered watching her mother suffer in silence for years. "You are right, of course. I have witnessed different versions of pain and unfortunately found one after they succumbed to the weight on their shoulders, my mother in fact."

She smiled indulgently at the young man as his mouth almost ran away with him. "Most of my abilities are more geared toward support and infiltration than straight up fighting. Stealth missions are more to my forte. It is really up to you to decide where your talents lead you. If you want to go more toward battling, then do so. Everyone's talents are needed. It is admirable that you recognized you needed to take a breath, by the way. There are plenty of people who forget to take a moment when they are overwhelmed and that can be dangerous if not deadly."

Hoshirei took a few steps closer to the edge of the cliff and looked out over her home. It was a beautiful sight, even with the obvious tension throughout the village. She then turned back toward the other two and smiled. "So, what are you most excited about learning, Ryoku? Perhaps there is something one of us could teach you today."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka studied boy and his answers as they talked, well this was certainly interesting. The kid seemed like an idiot with one hell of a big mouth, which Asuka found quite annoying. But, he didn't move like an idiot now that she looked closely. Well, this was certainly interesting to say the least. Now her interest was picked. She moved closer, moving around the academy student, looking up and down him, scanning him.

"You are one interesting kid." Asuka spoke finally stopping right in front of him, she waited until he answered Hoshireis questions, then it was her turn. With her hand streched she would wait for him to take it, giving it a firm shake. "My name is Uchiha Asuka, Head Jounin of the Main Branch inside the Leaf Village. And I think you're a liar."

With a soft smile Asuka spoke. "You act like an idiot.... you act weak." She brushed her hair out of her face. "Show us what you're actually capable of."

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“What am I most excited about learning?” Ryoku repeated as he noticed the other lady observing him for some reason. She seemed to be interested by something, but he wasn’t entirely sure what. He gave her an awkward smile in response to her comment as he tried to think of an answer to Hoshirei-san’s question. There was so much he was excited to learn about that he hadn’t really thought about what he was most excited about. “I guess the simple answer is that I’m equally excited to learn everything. But that’s not a very good answer,” he chuckled. “I really just want to learn how to get strong as fast as possible so I can challenge Kenshin-sama one day!”

Then the white-haired lady reached out her hand. Ryoku grabbed it to shake her hand, and it was a much firmer grip than he expected. As she introduced herself, Ryoku’s eyes slowly widened and his expression began to become excited again. What were the odds of meeting two shinobi on his day off? “You’re the Head Jounin of the Main Branch?!” He asked, seemingly ignoring her comment about him. “So you work directly under Kenshin-sama?! Have you ever fought him? Was it cool?”

Then he began to realize what she was talking about. “Oh! That’s pretty funny!” he said as he began to laugh. He wasn’t entirely sure what she noticed that made her realize that he didn’t think the same way he spoke, but it was impressive. Were all shinobi capable of noticing such subtle things, or was this a skill that contributed to her climb to the Head Jounin position? In his defense, he didn’t consider himself a “liar.” His mind just moved too quickly for his own good. It gave him a thirst for experience. Knowledge. Power.

But not greed.

“Yeah I’m not capable of much, I haven’t been in the Academy for very long,” he said, goofy grin spread across his face. “I just know a few Taijutsu techniques that I’ve been practicing. What would be cooler would be if I could see what you two are capable of! You two should fight.. erm.. spar? Right here!” He was so excited about this whole situation that he was nearly exhausting himself.

MFT: 375

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Hoshirei had to bite her tongue when Asuka called Ryoku a liar. She did see a bit of the mask the boy was putting up, aided by the speed of his thoughts. It was somewhat similar to the mask she wore as an academy student, though hers tended to lean more toward airhead than jumping every which way. When the young man suggested that she and Asuka spar, she quickly raised an eyebrow to Asuka in question. She wouldn't be adverse to it if Asuka wasn't.

"If Asuka agrees, I think we could show you a little bit. However, I would ask that you be ready as well. Either way, it may be best to show you just how much you do know. Sometimes you have to take on a challenge to realize just how much you know." She smiled, "What say you, Ryoku? Want to try your hand?"
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
OOC: Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Either way, an RP spar would be best.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka laughed, this was quite interesting, the boy was quite interesting with a sigh she pinched her nose. Not really believing what she was hearing. But she was going to go with it this time, she did want to see what this boy was actually capable of. It seemed as though he was more capable that he actually said, or rather knew.

"Why not." Asuka answered with a shrug. "It'll be a good to stretch my legs after a day of paperwork!" "Although Hoshirei-san, I won't be going easy on you." Asuka looked at Ryoku and with a smile on her face spoke. "In return, you got to show us what you're capable of. Because either you don't give yourself much credit, or you're hiding your true strength."

With that Asuka took a deep breath, her Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan activated and got into a ready stance "Hit me with your best shot."

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Fair enough!" Ryoku said with a big smile and his eyes widened. He was about to explode with excitement, he couldn't believe that these two were about to fight. He was unsure why they wanted to see what he was capable of so much, but the moment Asuka-san's eyes morphed into the legendary Mangekyo Sharingan, he realized that he didn't care. He'd pretty much do anything to see this fight play out. He backed up to be out of their way and he watched with intense excitement.

[OOC: Still in the topic but I probably won't post again until the fight wraps up so you don't have to wait for me. Ryoku is just spectating anyways lol]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei couldn't help but laugh when Asuka mentioned having a good stretch after a long day of paperwork. She could understand that a bit herself. While Maki took care of much of the clan's day to day activities, she had taken on more of the paperwork side since his capture and subsequent escape from Frost's clutches. "Well, at least it's only paperwork and not a day avoiding people. There is only so much badgering I can take, you know?" Asuka moved into a ready stance, which Hoshirei mimicked and when she saw Asuka's eyes morph into one a recognizable pattern, she smirked.

"Now this will be fun!" she exclaimed as she went completely incorporeal. Where once stood the green haired shinobi was now what looked like empty air. Hoshirei would move fluidly, aiming to disturb as little of the earth below as possible, at least until she decided to make it move. As a tease, she let off a low level genjutsu to make the surrounding area distort, subtly adding more trees. She figured it probably wouldn't stick, but this was for fun and teasing was fun. She would move again, not staying in one spot for longer than a few moments to aid her ability to dodge anything thrown her way.

A few scant moments of movement culminated in kneeling down and pushing a jutsu into the ground. It shook the ground long enough for Hoshirei to form actual fluorite caltrops on the ground in a ten foot radius around Asuka's feet. She knew her strengths fairly well and she would try to keep Asuka at least at arm's length. However, if it came down to it, she did know how to fight hand to hand and would if necessary. She would let off one more genjutsu, to create a piercing shriek in Asuka's head if it hit, before retreating about twenty feet to the left of her original position, still invisible to those who could not see into the next plane.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka immediately got alarmed once Hoshirei dissapeared, well this certainly got interesting. She hadn't met anyone who could mask their Chakra signature. Invisibility jutsus were useless against Asuka, you might make your body invisible... but your Chakra was still visible. At least to the Sharingan. This, this was something different.

Asuka could hear Hoshirei move but didn't know exactly where she could be, her movements were quick and subtle making it hard to pinpoint. But she found fun, with a smile on her she spoke. "And where might you be." Asuka looked around once more before she felt throbbing on her head... not this again. She had been hit by this Genjutsu before and she would damn if it let her hinder her in this fight. Her sharingan tomoe spinned for a bit and the throbbing dissapeared, reversing the Genjutsu back at it's attacker. Hopefully it would work.

Gem's appeared around Asuka, they were beautiful to say the least but it seemed Hoshirei's plan was to keep Asuka in a certain area. But unfortunately.... that wouldn't work. With quick handsigns she spit out a cloud of ash, making sure she wasn't in it. If Hoshirei got engulfed by it... With a quick bite of her teeth the cloud would explode giving some bad burns.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back