Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Getting to know someone [Open]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei got a small taste of her own medicine when the very edge of the reflected genjutsu caught her as she moved out of the way. A painful shriek rang through her head before she was able to cancel it. Right, she thought, Uchiha can reflect genjutsu. I'll have to be careful with that. When Asuka spat out a cloud of ash, it took Hoshirei aback. She hadn't seen that particular technique before. The next thing she knew, the ash exploded into flame. Most of the jutsu passed through her, but it left her feeling a little singed around the edges and the crystals had disintegrated back to dust.

She dropped back into the normal plane of existence, allowing herself to be seen again and appearing about 10 feet from Asuka's back. "Well, that was quite the experience!" she quipped as she quickly ran through one-handed seals to call up her next jutsu. With little warning, the ground under Asuka's feet would super heat and explode vertically like a miniature volcano. Hoshirei wouldn't stay still long. As soon as the jutsu fired off, she moved again to a new spot. A good look at her would show that the explosion left some red patches on Hoshirei's arms from being over heated and a few spots on her arms looked like first degree burns.

A small pause and more one-handed seals later unleashed a torrent of rain above their immediate area, quickly cooling the magma on the ground, unleashing steam all around them. As the rain poured, Hoshirei gathered more chakra and directed it into an impaling hydro jet. The thin stream of water would rocket its way toward Asuka, ready to slice into her if it hit.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka gave a quick smirk as the crystals around her turned into dust. Just afterwards she heard a voice behind her and she couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her lips. "Well. I'm glad you figured out you can't actually play Genjutsu against me. But I gotta say, you're use of crystals is quite clever." Just then she felt her feet starting to heat up. It took her a few seconds but she realized the technique Hoshirei had used, cursing under her lips Asuka jumped out of the way. But the few seconds that it took her to figure out, to late.

Although not her body, her arm down suffered burns and it hurt like a bitch. Clinching her teeth her eternal Mangekyou activated. She had recognized this woman as a threat and it certainly wasn't going to be easy. With her new eyes she was able to jump when the turrent of rain came and the fire that had hurt her before began to harden. The jet stream that came towards her afterwards simply passed through her, as if she wasn't even there.

"I have to admit. You certainly are someone to be respected." She sighed her eyes reverting back to normal. "But unfortunately, I gotta stop here. Any further and we might actually cause some damage to the monument. But, don't let this stop you Hoshirei. I truly recognize your strength and respect you as a Shinobi."

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fight started off spectacularly. Hoshirei immediately disappeared from view. A fascinating technique. Escpecially due to Asuka's response. She seemed like she was unaware of where Hoshirei had gone, but she had Sharingan. Ryoku had read about the Sharingan and it was supposed to be able to view chakra signatures. He was pretty sure that included if they were invisible. So was Hoshirei able to somehow hide that signature as well as become invisible?

Next, Hoshirei did the technque that created the crystal caltrops again, but this time there were way more and they looked way sharper. The combat use of the technique was even more impressive. Asuka reacted immediately and covered the area in a cloud of what looked like ash. "Is this fire style?" The cloud of ash ignited into a blaze. "Yup."

Hoshirei reappered behind Asuka. "This is so cool," Ryoku mumbled to himself. Only seconds had passed but a lot happened in those seconds. Then even more happened in the next few seconds. The ground exploded, the sky fell, and a stream of water hurled itself through Asuka without harming her. What was happening? Ryoku's untrained eye was starting to find it hard to keep up with everything happening.

As the proverbial dust settled, Ryoku could see that Asuka had deactivated her Mangekyo Sharingan. Her fear of damaging the monument reminded Ryoku of where they were. He hadn't even considered the damages that could have been caused. Ryoku was grateful to have experienced a high-level shinobi fight so early in his career. Helped give him insight into what he was growing to. "Uhh.. Does this mean it's my turn?"

MFT: 273

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei couldn't help but wince when the spewing lava caught a piece of Asuka. She was certainly being serious about the spar, but she knew just how bad lava could burn someone. Once their fight was over, she would certainly offer up the burn paste she tended to carry on her person just in case. There wasn't much, but it would be a good start on Asuka's burns. The rain cooling off the lava petered off and allowed the air to cool. Asuka had Hoshirei's final attack pass right through her.

Asuka's eyes returned to normal and Hoshirei relaxed her stance. After her comment about possibly messing up the monument, Hoshirei walked over to the hardened lava and knelt down beside it. With a few hand signs and a lot of focus, she moved the earth to make it look relatively like what it did before they started fighting. Her body fell to the side and she caught herself on with her right hand. Her left hand came up to her face and rubbed over it.

Hoshirei heard their young companion ask if it was his turn and she had to suppress a groan. That last jutsu flattening the earth wore her out. She scrounged in her thigh pouch to see if she had a soldier pill and she came up empty. She almost pouted as she stood up and pulled out the burn paste from her right thigh pouch. She then walked over to Asuka and handed her the pot of paste.

"Sometimes you can get lucky and can land a genjutsu even on people you wouldn't expect to be able to make it stick. Sometimes it is worth it to at least try to see what their reaction would be. This should help with your burns, if you would like it. I am running low on energy at the moment and will have to decline continuing. I rather enjoyed our spar, Asuka. I hope we can do so again sometime." Hoshirei smiled brightly at her and looked at Ryoku. "I am more than willing to let you have your turn with me another day.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
MFT; WC: 356

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed and looked at her burnt arm. It certainly was quite a hit and she was impressed at not having noticed it before. Hoshirei was certainly a talented Shinobi and she liked the spar they just had. It was refreshing and she certainly would have to ask her to continue this some time in the future. But, not now. "Your use of crystal jutsu is impressive to say the least. We can definitely do it again in the future." Asuka bowed respectfully. Finally turning her head to Ryoku.

With a warm smile she responded "If you wish to do so." She said crossing her arms. She was genuienly curious on what the strength of this boy was. For some reason she didn't think this was something simple. "Personally, I would like to see what you're capable of."

[Sorry it took so long, busy hehe]

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryoku’s brow slightly furrowed in response to Asuka’s statement.

”If you wish to do so.”

The entire reason he wanted to become a shinobi was to fight with and against strong shinobi. It was even preferable to him that those shinobi be stronger than him, but he didn’t feel as though he were strong enough to be proud of such a fight. He didn’t have enough to offer to the battlefield yet. He had too much to learn to want to take part in a fight with the Head Jounin.

But he could also use it as a learning experience to become stronger. He could take note of the things she did. The movements she made. The places she looked. The steps she planned. It was one thing watching the two Jounin fight each other, but being in the heat of the battle himself would be an entirely new way of experiencing it.

“Well,” he began slowly while he still pondered his answer. “I could show you what I’m capable of now, OR I could prepare for a few months, get stronger, and show you what I’m really capable of,” he said with a grin. “My Genin exam is really soon, and once I pass, I’ll have plenty of time to focus on getting stronger!” Ryoku was confident about the exam, and once he passed he wouldn’t have to worry about studying or going to class anymore. Just training and doing missions. The actual application of being a shinobi, and experience is the best learning tool.

MFT: 256

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei wanted to hang around and see how things played out. However, she was practically dead on her feet and no amount of soldier pills would keep her on her feet much longer without unwanted side effects. Just as she was about to make her leave, one of her clansmen rushed over to Hoshirei and whispered in her ear. She could not help but sigh and shake her head. "Tell them I'll be there in a few minutes. I will meet them in our usual space," she said to the purple clad shinobi in front of her.

She then turned to her new friends while she rubbed the back of her neck with her left hand. "Eh, sorry about this. I have apparently been summoned by our clan elders for an emergency. Hopefully this time it actually is one rather them bickering over the fact that someone doesn't like the color of a building again. I swear I wouldn't wish a clan leadership position on my worst enemy. Ja ne, my friends," she said and then made her way back toward her clan compound.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed, she wouldn't push this boy any further. In reality she had hoped to what his potential was but it wouldn't be all right to force him to do it, in the end she would have to wait as he stated. She would be happy to do so. "Of course." Asuka said with a bright smile "But I do want to see how you progress in your Shinobi career." With that Asuka took a deep breath. "It was fun! Just come by the office if you need anything!" With that Asuka vanished, using her space powers to go back to work.

[Topic Left]
[Sorry for the short reply.... don't know what else to say]

Hitsugaya Ryoku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryoku smiled widely in response to the Head Jounin’s smile. “Don’t worry! You’ll hear all about my exploits when I get stronger!” he said to her, followed by a short, goofy chuckle. “and if I’m lucky, I’ll be able to show you how strong I get first hand!” Then she vanished into thin air. “Wow.. So cool..” he muttered, his eyes widened in amazement. Did she merely go invisible, or was this some of that Space Ninjutsu he had read about? Was this one of the rare abilities granted by a powerful Sharingan user?

He had read that such a technique would take immense amounts of chakra to cast and put a large strain on the caster’s body, but Asuka seemed like she did it effortlessly. A testament to her power. “I wonder if she somehow used that same technique to allow Hoshirei-san's water technique to pass straight through her..” he wondered aloud in a low mumble, as an inquisitive look crept its way onto his face. He looked toward the ground in deep thought with his hand partially covering his mouth as he pondered this.

Ryoku exhaled deeply as he shifted his gaze to the sky. The sun was beginning to meet the horizon, causing the sky to transition from its normal cyan color to one that is darker and splashed with accents of amber. “Welp, I guess it’s about time to start heading home anyways,” he said to himself, and as if in response, a low growling sound came from his stomach. Hopefully dinner was close.

MFT: 258

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back